Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Suggestions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Reverse engineering research for ZIK (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=200274)

vimzzz 3 Feb 2014 14:30

Reverse engineering research for ZIK

14:27:35 <@vimzzz> when ZIK steals ships, they should be able to start prod them
14:27:43 < widget5> that would be nice
14:27:47 <@vimzzz> whos to say they dont have scientists picking them apart
14:27:50 <@vimzzz> seeing how they are made
14:28:05 < widget5> yeah maybe you should have a research of reverse engineering
14:28:20 <@vimzzz> I have to submit that to the forums
14:28:24 < widget5> comes after last hulls & takes 96 ticks or something
14:29:02 <@vimzzz> something tells me everyone suddenly are playing as zik then
14:29:16 < widget5> plus too make it fair, costs +10% more than other races

Mzyxptlk 3 Feb 2014 14:43

Re: Reverse engineering research for ZIK

I like the idea, but it'd be hilariously OP, even if it's more expensive.

P.S. Those dashes are deforming the page. If you could remove them, that'd be great.

vimzzz 3 Feb 2014 14:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk (Post 3227904)
I like the idea, but it'd be hilariously OP, even if it's more expensive.

P.S. Those dashes are deforming the page. If you could remove them, that'd be great.

Anythin for you :)

Yea, I get what you mean. And the idea wasnt exactly brainstormed all the way through before I posted it. But there has surely got to be some way to add this to the game, not making it unfair though.

Just think about my OCD. 652 Harpys? ****ing up my perfect numbers..

fortran 3 Feb 2014 15:02

- Hulls 4;
- Tons of research points to complete it;
- Each type of ship the planet wants to start building should require time and resources to just make the planet able to prod it.
- Ship costing 10% more is idd a good idea to add to the package.

Blue_Esper 3 Feb 2014 15:22

10% would no where near be enough should be at least 400%

Paisley 3 Feb 2014 15:24

Would make a great Idea for a research and Development team (if the PA team had one) to play with it and try it out.

Nitros 3 Feb 2014 17:09

What about picking one specific ship out of any of the 4 other races?

Scott 3 Feb 2014 18:18

Zik would be way over powered.

Imagine if Zik had Taras now, their CR fleet would be unstoppable.

gzambo 3 Feb 2014 22:12

It could work but you should have to do an extra separate research for each class

M0RPH3US 3 Feb 2014 22:37

why limit it to ziks and their ability to steal/takeover ships ?

Engineers for sure can learn from a ship that was shot down (drifting through space) !?

So why not enable it for all races, as the last research, with the requirement that x amount of the ship had to be shot down before!?

IŽd like that and think 20% higher costs would do

Paisley 3 Feb 2014 23:18

Take Round 14 stats for example.
http://www.clawofdarkness.com/pawiki..._14_Ship_Stats

What made those stats good was the ability to steal ships that feed your fleet. take terran bs/cr attacking xan for example your syrens would fire at the ghosts first. If the xan decides to keep his peacekeepers/lancers or both de the peacekeeps hit the syrens but then gets stolen off the wyvern at 0 loss.
which in turn the stolen xan de strengthens the ter de fleet.

Granted that stealers didnt die when those stats were made.
Athough the new ship stealing cov op does provide ships but no where in the quantities that playing r14 would have produce so this might just be the path through decent testing.

Appocomaster 24 Feb 2014 09:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paisley (Post 3227925)
Take Round 14 stats for example.
http://www.clawofdarkness.com/pawiki..._14_Ship_Stats

What made those stats good was the ability to steal ships that feed your fleet. take terran bs/cr attacking xan for example your syrens would fire at the ghosts first. If the xan decides to keep his peacekeepers/lancers or both de the peacekeeps hit the syrens but then gets stolen off the wyvern at 0 loss.
which in turn the stolen xan de strengthens the ter de fleet.

Granted that stealers didnt die when those stats were made.
Athough the new ship stealing cov op does provide ships but no where in the quantities that playing r14 would have produce so this might just be the path through decent testing.

thank you. There was a lot of protesting at first when people realised I was actually going to use these stats in round 14. It was actually quite limiting as the higher class of each non zik race stole the class of the lower class, but to stop steal chains that meant that Zik could have no steal ships in those classes (fi/co/de). I'm not sure how it'd work with ETD now; you'd probably have to have etd with a de/cr fleet to go with terran's de/bs, cath's co/cr and xan's fi/fr (or similar). Either that or acknowledge the risk of steal chains.

I would only think it worthwhile having this research if:

1) all races could do something similar or
2) each race had another powerful ability - it'd have to be something like Cath could init roids at half the price, or increase emp damage by 20%, or similar, and Terran have an armour buff, or get a refinery bonus of 10-20% or something, and xan get a distorter/security centre buff (?), and etd get a salvage buff (e.g. salvage when attacking).