User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 25 May 2010, 07:23   #1
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light
Game of inactives?

"Also, to confirm that paid planets have their incomings "auto-reported" to their alliances when they have incomings."

i dont like this move. it AGAIN only rewards inactivness, helps the active people in no possible way and is just plain sillyness again. same with run/hide, same with god damn prelaunch, etc..

why do u implement such things?

maybe we can have a system for next round that makes the anti CO ships when we get CO incs even when player himself/herself is offline?
Unread 25 May 2010, 07:40   #2
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold
Re: Game of inactives?

I played PA since r3 without this feature, I never thought it was necessary, because an important part of the game is having your gal mates taking care of you and you taking care of them... sad to see this going to shit. Looks like a desperate move to try and get people to pay.
Unread 25 May 2010, 08:34   #3
Hosie
Look its a useless rank.
Stuart's Xtreme Skateboarding Champion

Hosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to all

It makes the game slightly more playable if your unlucky enough to land in an inactive random galaxy and doesn't really change anything for most of the universe.

Complaining for complainings sake is fairly shit. :crymeariver:
Hosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2010, 08:35   #4
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neroon View Post
it AGAIN only rewards inactivness
No.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2010, 08:59   #5
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely delighted they put this in!
Unread 25 May 2010, 09:24   #6
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

actually its good, makes the game fairer since alliances like CT and ND have had this since notifications were created.
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2010, 09:42   #7
VampiriA
Retired

VampiriA is on a distinguished road

Actually, its not bad at all.. i mean i am pro to adding features that make this game a little less hardcore. I mean, u have the active player who gets on pa every other hour, but those people play pa because they like it, and will not stop playing it for any "simple reason". But for the others and the majority, things like that will get them to play the game more, as it makes things more easy and laid back. I think games that require less activity, are more popular now a days, and we shouldn't be stuck in the past, the game needs to move on....

Apprime supreme hc, above MaxMilliaN
VampiriA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2010, 10:01   #8
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"Also, to confirm that paid planets have their incomings "auto-reported" to their alliances when they have incomings."

i dont like this move. it AGAIN only rewards inactivness, helps the active people in no possible way and is just plain sillyness again. same with run/hide, same with god damn prelaunch, etc..

why do u implement such things?

maybe we can have a system for next round that makes the anti CO ships when we get CO incs even when player himself/herself is offline?
I played this game as of round 1 when there wasn't a prelaunch option and all that, but I do understand the "need" for it.

The reason alot of players quit this game is because it's extremely hardcore. As in, waking up at night to send defence or launch your attack(s).

Yes, this doesn't benefit the active players who can afford to stay up the entire night. But if that's the ONLY type of player you want for this game, then you'll have like what ... 100-200 left?

If you want to address the more 'casual' gamer, then things like this need to be implemented. It's a choice you(they) make.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2010, 10:09   #9
Dworschi
MööööH r0x0r0r

Dworschi is an unknown quantity at this point

noone plays this game as hardcore as back in the time of r2-6 ..
so they help the normal player with advandtages they maybe wanna buy

i think its a comprehensible move of pateam ?
Unread 25 May 2010, 10:27   #10
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dworschi View Post
noone plays this game as hardcore as back in the time of r2-6 ..
so they help the normal player with advandtages they maybe wanna buy

i think its a comprehensible move of pateam ?
Indeed. I think they implemented Pre-Launch in round 7-8 not? With the obvious disadvantage that a pre-launch was shown on the scan, 2 hours before the fleets are actually launched.

FA Gaming community

Unread 25 May 2010, 10:37   #11
rUl3r

rUl3r has a spectacular aura aboutrUl3r has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran View Post
Indeed. I think they implemented Pre-Launch in round 7-8 not? With the obvious disadvantage that a pre-launch was shown on the scan, 2 hours before the fleets are actually launched.
You can set prelaunch +11 just to annoy people. It´s good fun.
rUl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2010, 10:45   #12
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by rUl3r View Post
You can set prelaunch +11 just to annoy people. It´s good fun.
Yeah, but back in the days it could only be detected in a scan within 2 hours of the actual launch, if I'm not mistaken.

FA Gaming community

Unread 25 May 2010, 12:29   #13
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

PL was added at PAX. I hated it then, I ve gone soft and use it now.
However, its not the PA I d like to see. But then again, I loved pia with 30min ticks.

Instead of constantly diminishing the payoffs for being active, you should add other things to the game.

In a game like SFC no one cept urself will see if u got incs ( you can be bashed if u dont check for 30mins ). So you need to be online 24/7 or send away ur fleet to save it. This game got 200k players....
Rewarding activity doesnt have to scare away other players.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2010, 13:57   #14
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran View Post
The reason alot of players quit this game is because it's extremely hardcore. As in, waking up at night to send defence or launch your attack(s).
Ppl dont quit since its hardcore, imo this game is far from hardcore. One could most prolly make it hardcore by staying up whole night as u mentioned and be there for every tick but theres no need for it - this game dosent have a need for such thing.

Ppl quit cos it has become more boring, nothing new has been added, player`s ingame actions get restricted by every round and things like that, not that its hardcore..

this is just my opinion ofc..

im also pro for things that make lives easier for new players - faster startup, etc.. but this thing is not helping new or less active players even 1 bit..

on the contrary it might even make it worse for em, since now if they hit a planet (usually smaller planets in smaller more inactive gals) its alot more likely they get defended against if their target has an alliance. Even if whole gal is sleeping/away and noone is around to press the "Report" button theres no elemnent of surprise (or however u call it). The attacker has lost his edge on that attack into an inactive gal and maybe even dies due to having def and no scans or whatever the scenario turns out to be.

Also one thing about prelaunch that i wanted to add.. imo that also can be one reason why WE actually NEED to get up during nights.. as if there was no PL less ppl would b sending during nights, more fleets would b sent in the morning/day/evening and the battles might be more spread throughout the whole day.. thats only assumption here, just a thought ive had concerning prelaunch.
Unread 25 May 2010, 14:38   #15
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

I mainly quit because I couldn't afford the time spent on the game anymore. Sure I got bored aswell and my motivation was low.

Funny thing is, a PA player takes it for granted an considers it normal that you get up at night to send defense if required. I mean, what "game" requests you to interrupt your nightrest?

Hell, when I still played, most alliances only announced targets during the night 1-2 hours before lauch. This to force their members to be online, to avoid getting scanned for pre-launching and to avoid the targets being leaked. So yeah, I had to get up around 3-4 to launch my fleet.

Looking back at it now, completely retarded tbh.

FA Gaming community

Unread 25 May 2010, 14:47   #16
neroon

yups, its quite retarded.. tho there are diffrent kind of alliances, who offer diffrent kind of possibilities.. some offer morning raids, retals during day, etc..

its not a must to wake up during nights to play this game, nor is it really needed if u are satisfied with rank 300 for instance (im not saying u couldnt do better btw and i know ppl that do better with such activity)..

ok this thing isnt about gettin up during night or not, its about a new feature that i dont see any point of and which even makes it a tad harder to land attacks for every planet/player in planetarion.. at least in my eyes
Unread 25 May 2010, 15:11   #17
Scott

Scott is a jewel in the roughScott is a jewel in the roughScott is a jewel in the rough

I support it. The people who it helps is those in shit inactive galaxys that arent awake when attacks are sent. If this change causes so much of a problem for you, how about growing some balls and stop hitting inactive galaxys?
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2010, 15:41   #18
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott View Post
i support it. The people who it helps is those in shit inactive galaxys that arent awake when attacks are sent. If this change causes so much of a problem for you, how about growing some balls and stop hitting inactive galaxys?
+1
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2010, 15:58   #19
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott View Post
i support it. The people who it helps is those in shit inactive galaxys that arent awake when attacks are sent. If this change causes so much of a problem for you, how about growing some balls and stop hitting inactive galaxys?
+2

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2010, 16:40   #20
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

It rewards those people who upgrade there account.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2010, 16:54   #21
neroon

lol scott.. well i guess i should have seen such a reply coming or sth.. neways i cba to argue about it nemore, just its pointless feature in my eyes that just makes the defence on inactive shitty planets more easier even tho they dont prolly deserve it due to emselves being shit..

however imo if u wanna do nething that makes the gameplay easier and better for new ppl then introduce some sort of new tutorials, easier access to scans tech, shit like that .. not just something that does most of the things automaticly for some inactive player or sth. as said, u should introduce a new system that scans the incoming, calcs it, makes enough ships to cover it and even report all the info with whats in the prod and whats incoming to alliance as well for paid planets for instance.. lets make everything automatic!
Unread 25 May 2010, 17:56   #22
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
lol scott.. well i guess i should have seen such a reply coming or sth.. neways i cba to argue about it nemore, just its pointless feature in my eyes that just makes the defence on inactive shitty planets more easier even tho they dont prolly deserve it due to emselves being shit..
So, it becomes harder to roid inactives? and thats a bad idea why? it isnt really a major change, considering the new players wont be upgraded, so would be uneffected and most paid accounts are in galaxys which would report in the incomings anyway (even if they went random, they'd exile until they was in a semi-decent galaxy).

Quote:
however imo if u wanna do nething that makes the gameplay easier and better for new ppl then introduce some sort of new tutorials, easier access to scans tech, shit like that .. not just something that does most of the things automaticly for some inactive player or sth. as said, u should introduce a new system that scans the incoming, calcs it, makes enough ships to cover it and even report all the info with whats in the prod and whats incoming to alliance as well for paid planets for instance.. lets make everything automatic!
This isnt a change for new players, as they wont be upgraded. Its just an additional benefit to upgrading, giving another reason for people to pay to play the game and support the game.

Stop getting all excited and stop trying to imply that this will turn planetarion into a game for inactive players. The player will still need to be in a decent alliance where there are people online to send the defence and will need to be upgraded.

Maybe, just maybe.. your playstyle of 'roiding the inactives' isnt a playstyle the PA Team nor the community really wants to encourage or advocate.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Unread 25 May 2010, 18:09   #23
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

nub bashing is a roundwinning tactic. This has been proven over and over light. STOP ****ING UP MY CHANCES TO WIN ANOTHER ROUND PA TEAM!

( the nubs I will roid now will have to be allianceless and not upgraded I spose! )

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 25 May 2010, 20:59   #24
Firebird

Rewards invective's this feature is ftl poor form disappointed to see it implemented.
Unread 25 May 2010, 21:02   #25
Membrivio
Leader of the Membrivians
Curveball Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
Rewards invective's this feature is ftl poor form disappointed to see it implemented.
Wtf you brabbling Birdie?
R35/36: p3nguins
R37: Evolution
R48: ODDR
R49: CT
[KB] [Mercenaries] [p0ny]

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Membrivio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2010, 21:06   #26
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

this feature was only implemented to encourage people to upgrade their accounts

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2010, 21:16   #27
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

nobody is forcing anyone to pay and upgrade to have access to this feature.
Unread 25 May 2010, 22:02   #28
Wishmaster
LDK

Something they should have implemented instead should be the option to send +1 eta attacks which are not shown on gal status, only for each planet. Forcing people to be active, and giving incentive to pay ( you can do that attack mission )

Quote:
Unread 25 May 2010, 22:17   #29
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

As per usual, certain members of the community are resisting any change which aims to make the game slightly more casual. Hell, this isnt even a major change and wont really effect most people.. yet its still got a forum thread with people complaining about it.

Its also got Wishmaster in it, with suggestions about how to make the game more hardcore and force people to be more active!
Unread 25 May 2010, 22:28   #30
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

This has nothing* to do with activity. All this does is remove a tech barrier: certain alliances already had this capability (ND and possibly CT too); now every alliance has this ability.

The only people benefiting from this are people like me.

*very little

Last edited by Appocomaster; 26 May 2010 at 07:04.
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2010, 22:37   #31
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I think although it should be autoreported, when it is recalled it should only update the recall if the planet is logged in.
Unread 25 May 2010, 23:11   #32
DunkelGraf
Drunken Boozer

DunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to behold

Its removes the possibility for a casual player to attack bigger planets!
All you can do is hit smallest planets in smallest gals.
I know that a lot of people do not like smaller planets being able to roid bigger ones......... so be it

! [ToT]-KC !

Äscendäncy, we got Penis inside!
DunkelGraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2010, 00:37   #33
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellonweb View Post
This has nothing* to do with activity you retarded bunch of morons. All this does is remove a tech barrier: certain alliances already had this capability (ND and possibly CT too); now every alliance has this ability.
You're calling us morons when you're the one that can't (or refuses) to see that this debate obviously is also about those notifications (even if it is a round or two late).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunkelGraf
Its removes the possibility for a casual player to attack bigger planets!
All you can do is hit smallest planets in smallest gals.
I know that a lot of people do not like smaller planets being able to roid bigger ones......... so be it
How are bigger planets affected by this, AT ALL? They're the ones that will have someone in their gal online each tick.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2010, 11:47   #34
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc View Post

How are bigger planets affected by this, AT ALL? They're the ones that will have someone in their gal online each tick.
thats just not true. in r34 in 1:2 several solo incs got through and we didnt notice till eta 4. A couple of times we managed to save it by ingal defence.

If you attack at the right time, alot of gals wont have anyone online cause they dont think they will get incs. PL / ally attacks however and they will make sure someone are online to sort shit.

Quote:
Unread 26 May 2010, 13:06   #35
DunkelGraf
Drunken Boozer

DunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
thats just not true. in r34 in 1:2 several solo incs got through and we didnt notice till eta 4. A couple of times we managed to save it by ingal defence.

If you attack at the right time, alot of gals wont have anyone online cause they dont think they will get incs. PL / ally attacks however and they will make sure someone are online to sort shit.
Exactly!

! [ToT]-KC !

Äscendäncy, we got Penis inside!
DunkelGraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2010, 13:48   #36
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If you don't notice "A planet in your galaxy has incomings!", then surely you wouldn't notice "YOUR ALLIANCE HAS NEW INCOMINGS REPORTED" either?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2010, 13:58   #37
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Perhaps, when the person is only selectively "noticing"

Perhaps the person doesn't care if his galaxy is getting attacked but he does care if his alliance is.

FA Gaming community

Unread 26 May 2010, 15:08   #38
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
If you don't notice "A planet in your galaxy has incomings!", then surely you wouldn't notice "YOUR ALLIANCE HAS NEW INCOMINGS REPORTED" either?
while you have 7 people alongside you in a gal, you can have up to 99 in an alliance.

You might say that its a "bit" more likely that someone will be around out of the 99 than out of the 7.

Just a thought!

Quote:
Unread 26 May 2010, 16:33   #39
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Stupid feature, will only save the big rather than the small in all fairness.

The small even if incs, even if reported like this still dont have a chance in some cases to cover and it makes bigger planets harder to hit. No real need for nightwatch now. Score. There is nothing more satisfying than sneaking an attack through on some big planet with noone noticing. Thats gone now.

Should make it a setting you have to have say 35 points of your population on. Rewards actives and also helps inactives. Then people can also choose to switch it up when they are gone or not.
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2010, 16:35   #40
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benneh View Post
Stupid feature, will only save the big rather than the small in all fairness.

The small even if incs, even if reported like this still dont have a chance in some cases to cover and it makes bigger planets harder to hit. No real need for nightwatch now. Score. There is nothing more satisfying than sneaking an attack through on some big planet with noone noticing. Thats gone now.

Should make it a setting you have to have say 35 points of your population on. Rewards actives and also helps inactives. Then people can also choose to switch it up when they are gone or not.
good idea. Only works if you have 35 points in security or something.

Quote:
Unread 26 May 2010, 16:39   #41
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Well i was thinking just another section maybe called Intel or something. Could link it to stealth too i guess! Or to many cov oppers games would be ruined
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2010, 16:46   #42
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benneh View Post
Great Idea, pretty much what wish said aswell with it being on 35% security or something
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2010, 16:54   #43
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

This is a good idea
Unread 26 May 2010, 18:23   #44
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
good idea. Only works if you have 35 points in security or something.
End of the round everyone has 35 on security. And this is when you'd want the ability to maybe get through on someone. So I'd disagree from that perspective.
Unread 26 May 2010, 18:54   #45
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
End of the round everyone has 35 on security. And this is when you'd want the ability to maybe get through on someone. So I'd disagree from that perspective.
yes, I will have to agree. didnt think that far.

Like the idea though, and would sort it for everyone.

Quote: