User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 3 Aug 2004, 19:21   #1
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about
SMA: Special Missions Arena

After an idea thought up/put forward in another thread, I thought I’d have a go at creating an arena thread where missions like CTF and similar (like Assault and Onslaught from UT2004) can take place. Now, as I’m running several threads that take quite a while to DM, I’m going to need some help. Thus I’ll be asking for two team captains (possibly more if there ends up more than the two sides described below) and an independent adjudicator to help run things. The captains are Crazyboy for the TMC and No Dachi for the UAF. The independent judge is Bakan. These will be people I trust to be fair, and likely will be people I’ve known a while. My job will be to give you the missions, rules, weapons and settings, there’s will be to ensure it gets implanted fairly, and without descending into godmode city. Once a few people have signed up (an even number of course) the captains may pick teams. Therefore, when you join you may make a preference to a side, class and weapon loadout, but there are no guarantees that you will get what you want.

Now, as teleportation, nuclear bombs and the like make things somewhat unbalanced (read: pointless), there will be established sides and weapons to choose from. For different missions, there will be new weapons, classes and possibly vehicles as well. You will be able to choose your loadout between missions. Captains get a special weapon of their design. You may all also suggest weapons for my consideration. However, they like as not won’t be used until the next round. You all have self replicating ammo factories in your armour, and thus can never run out of ammo. Projectile weapons will need to reload though. When you die, you wait a post then respawn back at your base (unless a medic revives you, then you just get back up where you died.)

Terran Military Conglomerate (AKA Black Team)
The TMC is the security wing of the government, and as such wields some of the most advanced military technology around. They frequently come into conflict with the corporations, where weaponry or territory on colonised worlds is an issue. If you choose to play TMC you may be:

Soldier – Light body armour that allows decent amount of movement. Allowed two level 1, two level 2 weapons.

Heavy Soldier – Heavier powered armour that allows the carrying of a heavier weapon due to enhanced strength, but decreases movement speed. Allowed two level 1, one level 2, one level 3 weapon.

Medic – Wear light body armour and are allowed one level 1, one level 2 weapon. They also come with two medkits, and can carry a third if they find one. No other class has the expertise to use medkits. One medkit can heal up to full health, ½ a kit heals ½ health and so on. They can also be used to revive dead people before the respawn link picks them up (unless they’ve been gibbed).

Scout – Has a cloaked suit, lighter than the Soldier’s, and gets a free knife built into the wrist. They decloak when they attack, and are allowed one level 1, one level 2 weapon. Abuse will be severely punished.

Level 1 Weapons
Bolt Pistol – Projectile gun, 15 rounds a clip.
Knife – A sharp cutty thing.
Spider Grenades – Throwable canisters that contain a mechanical spider designed to eat the armour (and possibly flesh) of enemy soldiers. Pack of 5.
Frag Grenades – Explosives. Pack of 5.

Level 2 Weapons
Bolt Rifle – Automatic projectile gun. 40 rounds a clip.
Shotgun – 8 round assault shotgun.
Grenade Launcher – 6 round automatic frag grenade launcher.
Mass Driver – Magnetically accelerates explosive bullets towards targets in a straight line. Low rate of fire, long range, high recoil. 5 round clip.

Level 3 Weapons
Bolt Heavy Assault Rifle – Faster firing, 100 round clips, hard to fire on the move.
Rocket Launcher – 4 rockets to a clip, heavy damage explosive warheads.
BAC (Big-Ass Cannon) – Lobs massive shells at the enemy, like a mini-artillery piece. Shells must be loaded individually, but the results are impressively explosive.

United Arms Freeholders (AKA Red Team)
The UAF is a united front for the corporations, able to conduct military operations where there’s profit to be made. The entire thing is made of paid ‘employees’, or as others call them, mercenaries. They are given the best science-style tech available to combat their enemies when people like the TMC disagree with the corp’s experimentations or expansion.

Soldier – Light body armour that allows decent amount of movement. Allowed two level 1, two level 2 weapons.

Heavy Soldier – Heavier powered armour that allows the carrying of a heavier weapon due to enhanced strength, but decreases movement speed. Allowed two level 1, one level 2, one level 3 weapon.

Medic – Wear light body armour and are allowed one level 1, one level 2 weapon. They also come with two medkits, and can carry a third if they find one. No other class has the expertise to use medkits. One medkit can heal up to full health, ½ a kit heals ½ health and so on. They can also be used to revive dead people before the respawn link picks them up (unless they’ve been gibbed).

Psycher – A product of UAF experiments, these wear light armour of the soldier’s style, but only carry two level 1 weapons or one level 2 weapon. This is made up for by their ability to create illusions in other people’s minds, as well as limited telekinetic and pyrokinetic abilities. Abuse will be severely punished.

Level 1 Weapons
Bolt Pistol - Projectile gun, 15 rounds a clip.
Plasma Pistol – Fires superheated plasma at the enemy. No need to reload, but the rounds are easy to see, and can even be dodged at mid-long range.
Knife – A sharp cutty thing.
Plasma Grenades - Energy Explosives. Pack of 5.

Level 2 Weapons
Bolt Rifle – Automatic projectile gun. 40 rounds a clip.
Shotgun – 8 round assault shotgun.
Grenade Launcher – 6 round automatic frag grenade launcher.
Plasma Rifle – Bigger brother of the earlier weapon. Fires superheated plasma at the enemy. No need to reload, but the rounds are easy to see, and can even be dodged at mid-long range.
Laser Rifle – Long range, but low rate of fire. This is the closest thing to a sniper rifle available, (but not as long ranged as that would be). The enemy will see you firing though, and it needs time to charge between shots.

Level 3 Weapons
Rocket Launcher – 4 rockets to a clip, heavy damage explosive warheads.
Laser Cannon – Slow to charge, but causes massive damage when it does. Line of sight only, mid-long range.

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics

Last edited by Planetkiller II; 9 Aug 2004 at 19:43.
Planetkiller II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2004, 19:47   #2
Ryon Jkar
Prince of the Dawn

Ryon Jkar is infamous around these partsRyon Jkar is infamous around these parts
Re: SMA: Special Missions Arena

Im in.
Unread 3 Aug 2004, 21:10   #3
mrmao
oh...sexy...

mrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the rough

ohh yeah i'm in
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 01:00   #4
Spritely Zombie
Gokan Re... Um... undead?

Spritely Zombie will become famous soon enoughSpritely Zombie will become famous soon enough

I'm in. Will supply other details when it's not pre-8am
Spritely Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 12:23   #5
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about

OK, you're all in, but we'll need a couple more or there's not that much point...

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 12:49   #6
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts

A few people away on holiday atm. Give it a week or two more.
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 13:39   #7
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold

Psst. Dachi! Join my team!

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Ghetto Master Ellis says:
Heil Crazy!
Crazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 13:58   #8
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts

Psst. Crazy! No!
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 14:24   #9
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold

Aww

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 16:05   #10
mrmao
oh...sexy...

mrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the rough

he crazy lose
Unread 7 Aug 2004, 06:51   #11
Mad cat
The Dust Bunny That Bites

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

woohoot! go ut style gameplay, i am very definitely in
Mad cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2004, 11:53   #12
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i'm in. crazy's team, as was contractually obliged. by crazy.

will be away for two weeks however

am visiting the desolate squalor and shamble of CORNWALL

How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2004, 16:30   #13
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

*Summons a lightning bolt to eletrocute Crazy.*

No bribing the judge!
Unread 8 Aug 2004, 16:32   #14
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Bah. You're not fun

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 8 Aug 2004, 16:46   #15
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Crazyboy
Mad cat
Phang
mrmao
No Dachi
Spritely Zombie
Ryon Jkar

+ judge Bakan

One more person, and I'll start it.

Unread 8 Aug 2004, 22:09   #16
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

Evil_Ginge has a little shameless behaviour in the past

:: steps in ::

i'll be your 9th man

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Pestilance, Head of Internal Affairs at the Psychic Academy

Proud owner of K8 Advanced AI Tia
Evil_Ginge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 06:25   #17
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Inspectre is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in too, but only if I can play on Dachi's team and kill Crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
like you in your threads after about a week

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Inspectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 19:42   #18
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Blasted teams are still uneven. We need either another person, or someone to volunteer to sit out until we get another person.

The first mission will be Capture the Flag based. The TMC have infiltrated a UAF testing base, suspected of developing weapons of mass destruction. After establishing respawn beacons in the entry bay, the TMC are to take the fight to the enemy, capturing three keycards from the vault, deep within the facility. Without these, the UAF will have no launch codes for their weapons. Only one keycard can be removed at a time, whereupon it must be transported back to the entry bay. The UAF must capture each of the TMC’s three respawn beacons, and bring them back to the vault to be disabled. When one team makes three captures, they win. The base itself is based on a three floor design, with the entry bay just below the roof. On each floor there are several labs and machine shops, where you may find additional weapons. There are both lifts and stairs between the floors, but you can only move from floor 1-2 or 2-3 etc. not 1-3.

Each floor has a central square, with doors leading off to the North, East, South and West. The squares each have a pop down plasma turret in the roof, which are controlled from the security station on Floor 2.

Floor 1 (Roof)

(North) Entry Bay. Contains the three respawn beacons the TMC brought with them. The roof is still open, but besides this the room is very bland since the dropship just dropping off the TMC troops then flew off before it could be taken out by AA missiles. There are a few crates lying about from a previous cargo drop filled with computer chips and the like.

(East) Shuttle Storage. Contains an elevator to the Machine Shop in Floor 2. There is a locked down shuttle inside. Though it is battened down and cannot take off, its engines could be used to fry enemies, or the nose plasma gun could be used to fire on anyone coming through the door. It only has a 90 degree cone of fire. There are some fuel canisters and boxes of spare parts around, as well as repair equipment about such as cutting torches and the like.

(South) Teleporter Reciever. A small room containing the receiver plate and a single medkit mounted on the wall (in case of accidents).

(West) Organics Lab. Contains lots of bio containers, tanks of bubbling liquid and several computer desks. People with appropriate expertise might be able to fashion some primitive bio grenades here. There is also an auto-healing station here, the only one on the base (thus meaning no medkit or medic is required).

Floor 2 (Labs)
(North) Security Station. Has a bank of surveillance screens that can see all parts of the complex. Also allows the controlling of the auto-turrets in the main squares. The turrets and cameras can be destroyed with enough firepower. Team communications in this room will not work, since it is lead lined to make it a self contained area.

(East) Machine Shop. Has an elevator to Shuttle Storage in Floor 1. Has lots of work tables with wall mounted robotic arms that use lasers, saws and other equipment to create devices. You don’t have time to make anything from scratch here, but you might be able to use it to fix up armour, or weaponry. You could also use the robo-arms against enemies in here. There are also a few crates about that might be used for cover.

(South) Teleporter Lab. Has lots of monitoring gear in it and the teleporte itself. The teleporter can be set to send to either Floor 1 or 3. However, there is a small chance that it may go wrong. I’ll leave it to your imagination what might happen, suffice to say that it would most likely be terminal.

(West) Computer Lab. The most boring room in the place. Has rows and rows of computer banks which you could use for cover, but that’s about it. There is also some stairs down to the Energy Lab on Floor 3.

Floor 3 (Basement)
(North) Vault. Has the keycards locked up inside, as well as three respawners built into the walls. They cannot be destroyed.

(East) Armoury. Has spare weaponry inside. If you wish to change your loadout during this map, here is the place to come, since it contains all kinds of UAF weapons. Besides cases with the guns inside, there is nothing in this room.

(South) Teleporter Reciever. A small room containing the receiver plate and a single medkit mounted on the wall (in case of accidents).

(West) Energy Lab. There are some stairs inside up to the Computer Lab on Floor 2. There is a central energy experiment in this room, firing a horizontal energy beam across the room. If someone was knocked into it they would likely not survive. If the equipment becomes damaged by fire, it might overload or explode. There are also several other energy based machines that could be used to hide behind.

Any other details you might want, just ask. Movement, for now will be handled at your discretion (and that of the captains and judge), other than the rule that you must take three posts (at least) between your base and the enemy’s. This does not mean post three times in succession though, just use your common sense please people. There is some stuff added to the first post, including how respawning works, and the rules for medics.

Unread 9 Aug 2004, 20:07   #19
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

After much arguing, the teams are:

TMC
Crazy, Phang, Gokan, Ginge, MC

UAF
ND, IS, Fluffie (when he gets back), Ryon, mrmao

Make your characters accordingly.

Unread 13 Aug 2004, 22:48   #20
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

Fluffie...!

Yeah.

Character? Only if I get candy

That and I wanna be a sccoooouuuuttt
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 09:50   #21
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

*Gives Fluffie candy*

And you can't be a scout.

Unread 14 Aug 2004, 10:53   #22
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

But I want to decloak and then talk the Predator-talk

[You want candy? Mother****er]
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 20:19   #23
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

i wanna be a heavy soldier :P

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Pestilance, Head of Internal Affairs at the Psychic Academy

Unread 16 Aug 2004, 22:23   #24
mrmao
oh...sexy...

I'll be a medic with plasma grenades and a plasma rifle
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 09:52   #25
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Well that's fine, but I need everyone to post a character profile before we can start.

Unread 17 Aug 2004, 11:16   #26
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

TMC Character

Name: Dimitri Kustov
Height: 6ft2
Serial Number: 2134-2344-2323
Type: Heavy Soldier
Weapons: Bolt Pistol, Knife, Bolt Rifle, BAC

Description: well, hes tall and he's wearing all over body armour, whats there to describe?

Unread 17 Aug 2004, 11:48   #27
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

Flaag is infamous around these partsFlaag is infamous around these partsFlaag is infamous around these parts

aww nuts, i'm too late, this started just after i left on my hols
Flaag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 18:37   #28
mrmao
oh...sexy...

UAF Character proflile mathing
Name--Gareth Tref
Age--24
Type-- Medic
Wepons--Plasma grenades and a plasma rifle
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 13:13   #29
David91

David91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: SMA: Special Missions Arena

Can I join? Or do I have to wait?

Last edited by David91; 23 Aug 2004 at 13:22.
David91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 14:27   #30
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

you can join if Flaag also does. However, CHARACTERS ARE NEEDED FROM EVERYONE. Thank you.

Unread 23 Aug 2004, 20:14   #31
David91

David91 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just getting this ready for if Flaag joins.

Name: Creatior Qurk Kinschien
Allegiance: United Arms Freeholders
Appearance: Normal, fit.

Class: Soldier
Level 1: Bolt Pistol, Plasma Grenades
Level 2: Bolt Rifle, Grenade Launcher
Level 3: Not used
David91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 20:28   #32
KlavoHunter
RP cnut

KlavoHunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Pick a side for me and I'm in.
KlavoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 18:54   #33
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

Flaag is infamous around these partsFlaag is infamous around these partsFlaag is infamous around these parts

Name: Forsten
Side: TMC
Appearance: Tall, wiry
Class:Scout

Level 1 Weapons
Knife(inbuilt)
Spider Grenades Pack of 5.

Level 2 Weapons
Mass Driver
Flaag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 15:00   #34
Spritely Zombie
Gokan Re... Um... undead?

Spritely Zombie will become famous soon enoughSpritely Zombie will become famous soon enough

Ideally I'd like the addition of an "Engineer" class with demolition packs and armour repair kits, or something similar. But I'll go with this.

Name: James "Boomer" Gokan
Team: Terran Military Conglomerate
Appearance: Tall, Strong Build

Class: Heavy Soldier
Level 1: Bolt Pistol, Spider Grenades
Level 2: Grenade Launcher
Level 3: Bolt Heavy Assault Rifle
Spritely Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 16:19   #35
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

That's 5 out of 12 profiles. Come on guys, I want to start this...