Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 24 Aug 2004, 13:52   #351
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts
Re: Planet Wars: Redux

Freiland/Cienelle
I'd like a full list of all the forces you've got involved in this. I already known their orders so that isn't a problem, but I can't find a list of all the forces involved anywhere.
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 14:29   #352
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Inspectre is an unknown quantity at this point

Fleet is under Freilander command.

Inspectre’s Forces

2 x Gladius-class Strike Corvettes
1 x Catapult-class Gunboat – Flagship
- 4 x Dagger-class Fighters

Bakan’s Forces

1 x Intrepid Frigate
- 2 x Fighter Squadrons, 5 x 20mm Miniguns
2 x Defiant Strike Corvette

Unit Designations

Dagger-class Fighters: 5 x 20mm Miniguns Cost: 225RM, 5P, $7,500
Gladius-class Strike Corvette: 4 x 381mm Railguns, 1 x Small Transport Pod Cost: 850RM, 30P, $39,000
Catapult-class Gunboats: 2 x 20mm Miniguns, 6 x 381mm Railguns, 2 x Hanger Bay Cost: 1,650RM, 120P, $97,000

Intrepid Frigate 4 x Point-Defense Laser, 6 x 381mm Railgun, Extra Armor Plating, Hanger Bay (2 x Fighter Squadrons, 5 x 20mm Miniguns)
Defiant Strike Corvette 4 x 381mm Railgun, Extra Armor Plating
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
like you in your threads after about a week

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Inspectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2004, 15:15   #353
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold
Re: Turn 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt
ooc: Also, if it is permitted for RM to be sold for $$$ is the reverse also true? and is it possible to buy ships from other planets?

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2004, 15:20   #354
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

You can trade RM for $ between players, you can't just buy RM the way you can sell it.

Believe me.

I've asked, tried to bribe, threaten, persuade etc on MSN.
Unread 25 Aug 2004, 15:22   #355
No Dachi

I've already addressed $$$ for RM on a number of occasions. It isn't possible.

You can buy ships from other planets in player-to-player transactions.

Unread 25 Aug 2004, 18:31   #356
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold

Change of plans. I'm not away this weekend. PM me your budget's instead pls ta

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Ghetto Master Ellis says:
Heil Crazy!
Crazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 08:42   #357
Insane. Badger
Baby Eating Capitalist

Insane. Badger can only hope to improve

aha!

My internet is finally fixed, clearly it was broken by devious agents sent by you lot in a vain attempt to prevent me spreading my iron fisted fascist rule to the stars and liberating your worthless planets from your incompetant rule (either that or the thunderstorm that fried my computers powerpack as well) but clearly you (or the thunderstorm) have failed miserably. Now, if you don't mind i'm going to destroy you all and claim my rightful place Emperor of the 10-20 stars around Earth (right after that accursed 4 seated Uranus)

thank you for your time.
I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I traveled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer. - Benjamin Franklin
Insane. Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 09:03   #358
Killer-of-Lawye
ensign

Killer-of-Lawye will become famous soon enoughKiller-of-Lawye will become famous soon enough

I call dibs on IB's boots.
Killer-of-Lawye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 09:51   #359
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts
I want the liver.

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Zappa Tenderlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 13:49   #360
No Dachi

Cetan Pirates - Operation Stone's Throw
Alarmed by the appearance of pirates operating within the Inner Sphere, Ceti Prime has taken the initiative and assembled a joint task force comprising ships and troops from four planets with the aim of the total surpression of pirates operating along the Sol-Tau Ceti route. Suitable sites for pirate bases within the Inner Sphere are limitted, and Cetan Naval Intelligence quickly identified uninhabited star system N-123C Minor as the only point from which pirates would be able to strike out both at the Sol-Tau Ceti Trade Lane and the Southern Hub-Cook Trade Lane. Although the task force with its Elyssian, Cetan and Septan contingents was assembled early in Tau Ceti System, it took a week for the 'Rhino' Class Cetan Frigate to work its way up to High Reach System - where it took on four companies of Iosi Royal Marines - and then work its way down again. During this time, the concentration of multinational warships in the system was noted by the media and identified as a sign of impending anti-piracy operations. Although this spread of news has boosted the reputation of all four planets involved in the eyes of the interplanetary community, it could have alerted the pirates to the possibility of an attack. The week of waiting could have been put to good use by mission planners, but unfortunatly, as a Cetan Naval Intelligence officer put it in a war room meeting, the allies are "firing blind" with this operation. There is very little intelligence available on the pirates, and with ships in such limitted supply, an armed recconaisence mission to the system could be more trouble than its worth. As such, Admiral Carter, the Cetan Oofficer placed in overall command of the mission, ordered the task force to conduct joint exercises for most of the week in order to improve co-ordination. These exercises have improved the task force's corherency considerably. Today, with the return of the Cetan frigate, the operation is about to commence...

Anti Piracy Joint Task Force

Cetan Space Navy contingent
2 X 'Cobra 1' Fighter Squadron
2 X 'Tapir' Class Gun Corvette
1 X 'Rhino' Class Frigate - FLAGSHIP (Admiral John Cater, CSN, Supreme Commander)

Elyssian Royal Naval contingent
4 X 'Acheron' Class Gun Corvette
4 X 'Achos' Class Strike Corvette
1 X Elyssian Gunboat - Flagship (Lord Admiral Edward Princent, ERN, 2iC)

Septan Space Defense Force contingent
2 X 'Queer' Class Corvette (Admiral Dmitri Ivanov, SSDF, 3iC)
2 X 'Fag' Class Corvette

Iosi Royal Marine contingent
4 X Marines (General Lars van der Braade, IRM, Commander of Marine Forces)

Morale
Eager - despite being mostly green and inexperienced, the crewmen and troops of the task force seem eager to make good of this chance to strike out against the pirate menace. They have faith in their equipment and in their training.

Officer
Admiral John Carter, Cetan Space Navy - served during the war as a captain in the US Space Navy. Carter commanded a destroyer flotilla which helped to patrol the northwestern fringe. The flotilla saw heavy fighting in the closing weeks of the war, in which Carter demonstrated his abilities with a string of military victories. After the war, he settled on Tau Ceti Prime, and shortly thereafter joined up in the fledgling Cetan Space Navy. His illustrious past quickly saw him promoted to senior rank, and he took on the role of Commander in Chief of the Cetan Space Navy a year before the start of the game. Whilst an experienced commander, this could work to his disadvantage, as he was trained and spent his war years using outdated space warfare doctrine based around the use of nukes and other now-unavailable Old Nations technology. Nonetheless, he is a keen tactician and an able strategist, though perhaps one who operates on slightly outdated theory. His charismatic persona often serves to raise the morale of troops under his command.

Unidentified Pirates
(No intellignece data available)

Round 1 - the initial assault
With all elements of the task force finally assembled, Admiral Carter ordered a Jump to Hyperspace, aiming to drop out a comfortable distance from N-123C Minor's Kuiper Belt. After four hours travel time, the task force exitted and immediately began to move through the hollow sphere of icy particles and into the star system itself. N-123C Minor's tiny but brilliant white star was clearly visible even from just inside the Belt, surrounded by an aura of white light. The system's outermost planet, a gas giant, was also clearly visible, with the task force passing quite close to it. The task force proceded inwards. Although none of the ships had sensors good enough to detect the signals, several makeshift picket probes had spotted them and transmitted the details inwards to the system's innermost of three planets, a huge barren world...

A Russian Federation survey of the system early on in the colonial race had concluded that the colonising the system would be uneconomical. The survey had, however, noted the interesting topography of the innermost barren planet. Unlike most worlds classed as barren, "N-123C Minor I" had an atmosphere, and despite being the closest planet to the system's star, was of human-tolerable surface temperature, due to the sun's small size. The planet's surface was split by a massive canyon, four kilometres across at its widest point and an astonishing eight hundred kilometres long. It's width was almost uniform right the way along its length, and deep-ground scans showed that the canyon appears to stretch some way down into the planet's crust. The Russian Space Agency was at the time more interested in inhabitable worlds for obvious reasons, and spared no further thought for the planet and its massive canyon, nor for the system, which it classed as worthless. Japan at that point established a research outpost on the planet in order to study the canyons, with Russia's permission, but the base was abandoned during the war. Following the war, the League was more interested in founding independent colonies in the northern and northeastern fringe rather than the southern fringe, the outer edge of which is marked by the end of the local cluster of systems. As such, N-123C Minor remained uninhabited and more or less unthought of. Untill, of course, it came to the attention of the pirates...

Then minutes into the system, and the second planet is nearing visual range. A small ice planet, it follows an eliptical orbit that results in the ice at the equator melting to water twice in the planet's "year". No exploration or survey of the planet has ever been conducted, mainly due to its thick atmosphere. All though noone in the task force knew it, the pirate Base on the innermost planet was at this time scrambling its defenses. Ten fighter squadrons, supported by a flotilla of ten heavily modified freighters and six corvettes. None of the ships in the task force equipped anything more than basic sensors, and as such the leading elements of the pirate force would only be detected two minutes before the two fleets met, rushing towards eachother at full steam as they were. An observer, somehow watching the unfolding battle from a point equidistant between the two fleets but several thousand kilometres above them, might have noted the similarity between their formations - if the pirates' grouping could be called that. Admiral Carter had opted for a formation commonly referred to as the tiered column formation. The leading edge of this formation are fighter squadrons, poised on a higher plane than the enemy and most of their fleet. Behind them and lower down comes a second tier, this one formed from six of the twelve corvettes, and finally comes the last tier, formed from the larger capital ships and the remaining corvettes. The pirates, as per usual a collection of fiercely independent captains forced into working together by their Clan Lieutenants, were in a similar formation, though it was less regular and more broken. The minutes drag by, and the two fleets drift closer and closer together. Then, two minutes apart, the leading Cobra I Fighters pick up the incoming enemy ships and radio back to the Flagship. All at once, the surreal calm of the void is shattered. At first, only two pirate fighter squadrons come into view. Matched 1 for 1, Admiral Carter reasons correctly that his fighter pilots, with their superior training and equipment, will win out over the enemy. As such he orders the two Cobra I squadrons to engage the enemy fighters. It is only after the Cobra I Fighters are tied up in a dogfight that the other enemy fighter squadrons trailing the first two come into view. Fearing that his fighters are going to be swarmed, Carter immediately orders the the forward corvettes to break formation and give fire support to the fighters while the break off the engagement. This covering fire enables the Cobra I Fighter contingent to escape with two losses, while all but three strike craft of the two enemy fighter squadrons are completely destroyed. Carter now attempts to reform the squadron with the Acheron, Tapir and Fag Class Corvettes in front. Unfortunatly, with more and more enemy fighter squadrons coming into view, it quickly becomes apparent that the task force's anti fighter capability is insufficient. The pirates presently hold back with their fighters untill they've melded into one large mass, which then attacks. Carter elects to keep the task force steaming toward the innermost planet, reasoning that once they land the Iosi Royal Marines, the pirates will lose heart and flee. With the Acheron, Tapir and Fag Corvettes sent to handle the fighters, Carter holds back the remaining Cobra I Fighters to defend the two larger, more vunerable vessels. The pirate fighters refuse to engage the front corvettes and instead push past them, sustaining light casualties, before concentrating fire on the Elyssian Gunboat, which tries to fend them off with its 381mm railguns to no avail. Terrified at the idea of losing one of the foreign capital ships, Carter orders all eight of the front corvettes to immediately double back and destroy all of the enemy fighters post haste. With the pirate fighters now concentrating on the gunboat, they are cut down. Carter presently orders the Rhino Class Frigate, his own flagship, along with the Achos and Queer Corvettes forward, anticipating the arrival of enemy capital ships, though he cannot see them on the sensors yet. Soon enough, six corvettes and ten of the slower, inferior modified freighters come into view. Heavily outnumbered, but by no means outgunned, Carter drive the flagship straight into the middle of them while ordering the Achos and Queer Corvettes to adopt rear flanking positions. Two pirate corvettes attempting to strafe the frigate are instantly annihalated by its 381mm railguns, exploding in a shower of shrapnel that bounces off the heavier capital ship's hull armour. Two modified freighters attempting to strafe the frigate's underside are met by withering fire from its 40mm miniguns. One of them catches fire and burns up into a fireball, narrowly missing the Cetan Flagship, while the other reels away trailing smoke from a hole in its side. Having seen the fate of their comrades, the other pirate capital ships break off their attack runs and attempt to set themselves up from more favourable angles, but are met by the flanking Achos and Queer Corvettes. The Septan Corvettes attack the modified freighters while the more heavily-armed Elyssian Achos Corvettes tackle the pirate corvettes, each of them picking one of four surviving enemy corvettes and then tailing them while the Queer Corvettes plunge, guns blazing, into the midst of the modified freighters. By the time the task force corvettes break off to return to the shelter of the frigate, two more pirate corvettes are down with another heavily damaged, while three modified freighters are down, with two more on fire. The pirate fighter squadrons have by now been routed, but are run down by the task force corvettes as they attempt to flee and are blown to pieces. Several pirate pilots manage to eject, and are duelly picked up by the Elyssian Gunboat, which moves back to form up with the frigate.

With the initial pirate attack repulsed with heavy losses, and the enemy capital ships regrouping for another attack, the task force is at present steaming toward the innermost planet, which it is now known must be the site of the pirates' base...

Round 1 Casualties - Antipiracy Task Force

Cetan Space Navy contingent
4 Cobra I Fighters lost (2 pilots ejected, picked up by Elyssian Gunboat)
1 Tapir Class Corvette lightly damaged

Elyssian Royal Naval contingent
3 Acheron Class Corvettes lightly damaged
2 Achos Class Corvettes lightly damaged
Elyssian Gunboat lightly damaged

Septan Space Defense Force contingent
2 Queer Class Corvettes lightly damaged (Admiral Dmitri Ivanov, SSDF, 3iC)
2 'Fag Class Corvettes lightly damaged

Iosi Royal Marine continegent
Corporal Smith falls over the the Elyssian Gunboat's hold and gets a nasty bruise on his arm.
Private Dalthur stubs his toe on a crate of food supplies in the Rhino Frigate's cargo hold.

Unread 26 Aug 2004, 15:38   #361
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Dachi
Fringe Worlds' Committee Meeting
Waiting for Hewitt to start it off.
ooc: Taking a bit of RP'ers-license here, bear with me...

*With the last of the replies floating in Hewitt sets a date and the formal invites are sent forth (with dates, dress code, menu, bar list, etc) to the accepting planets....

Fringe world convention, Teian Point....

"This Stacey Starbucks of TPNN, recently voted this regions most popular news network, coming to you live! from the planetry adminisation senate building where earlier today, delegates from over 20 different fringe worlds arrived to discuss matters of the often forgotten border regions. I cross over now to John, who is presently inside the senate building, John."

"Hello Stacey! And I must say your looking FABULOUS this evening."

*Giggle* "Thank you John." *Fluffs hair*

"No worries. Yes, this is John Frankfurter inside the senate building where I am talking to none other than the planetry administrator himself Mr Paul Hewitt, Paul what does Teian Point hope to accomplish by holding this meeting?"

"Well John, we hope to accomplish many things generally speaking, we feel that today many of the fringe delegates that have come to us here will get a better opportunity to discuss matters of more importance to the outer worlds and hence more will be done about certain issues such as the present pirate problem."

"I see, and what about rumors we've been hearing about a possible military alliance being one of the major issues to be discussed."

"Look, it's not an alliance it's a committee. Any planet that decides to become a part of the fringe world committee does not need to commit anything to other members in time of war nor is any planet bound to follow the decisions of another in various issues John. It's simply meant to be an organisation where members can voice issues that would not normally be considered important by the inner-sphere dominanted league."

"Doesn't this 'committee' threaten to undermine the league?"

"Not at all John! Gees don't say such terrible things, no, this committee will in fact strengthen the league. By allowing fringe worlds to meet issues relating only to the fringe by themselves we will free up time during league biannual meetings for more universal matters. Plus in addition to this a better organisation of the fringe means greater progress and improved trade as well as improved economies and we all know that that leads to better lives for the people and their families."

"So basically this is just a glorified discussion forum?"

*laughs* "Yeah that's it, with champaigne and cavier heh heh heh.... no seriously, if this meeting leads to the successful formation of an organised fringe world committee we will see a more improved efficiency of communication and mutual support and let's face it, the league is a bit stretched for resources at the moment and it can use a helping hand. This committee is that helping hand."

"Hmm... yes, and what of the independant observer from Earth planetry administrator? What is to be his role this evening?"

"Just that, observing. Heh. Look, we of Teian Point's main administration have always had a soft spot for the planet earth being the birthplace of humanity and all, not to mention the hardship they have been through after the devestation of the great war. They expressed some interest in what we were trying to accomplish here so we gave them an invite to come down, enjoy a few drinks and so forth. The more the merrier as they say."

"Indeed. Well thank you for your time planetry administrator, I'll let you get back to enjoying the evening."

"Always a pleasure John."

"This is John Frankfurter talking with our present leader planetry administrator Paul Hewitt. Gosh he's a great guy hey Stacey?"

"Yes John he is, and that was John Frankfurter there discussing with our current leader there over what might prove to be a interesting ordeal. Next up after the break! Speaking of affairs we dive deep into the dirtiest bowels of the senator sinclair story as we follow up on our interview from last night with Morgana Lees, the professional lap dancer that will never go naked again, sad story, and the little train that could, our story on the continuing expansion of Teian Point's transit system."

<cue groovy TPNN theme song>

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 15:57   #362
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

Cheesy, so cheesy. Fabulous
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 16:13   #363
No Dachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspectre
Fleet is under Freilander command.

Inspectre’s Forces

2 x Gladius-class Strike Corvettes
1 x Catapult-class Gunboat – Flagship
- 4 x Dagger-class Fighters

Bakan’s Forces

1 x Intrepid Frigate
- 2 x Fighter Squadrons, 5 x 20mm Miniguns
2 x Defiant Strike Corvette

Unit Designations

Dagger-class Fighters: 5 x 20mm Miniguns Cost: 225RM, 5P, $7,500
Gladius-class Strike Corvette: 4 x 381mm Railguns, 1 x Small Transport Pod Cost: 850RM, 30P, $39,000
Catapult-class Gunboats: 2 x 20mm Miniguns, 6 x 381mm Railguns, 2 x Hanger Bay Cost: 1,650RM, 120P, $97,000

Intrepid Frigate 4 x Point-Defense Laser, 6 x 381mm Railgun, Extra Armor Plating, Hanger Bay (2 x Fighter Squadrons, 5 x 20mm Miniguns)
Defiant Strike Corvette 4 x 381mm Railgun, Extra Armor Plating
Admiral von Stauber reports: Operation Windfall
We have now been patrolling the Trade Lane for three months, and I am pleased to report the destruction of no less than five pirate capital vessels during that time. We have captured five prisoners, mostly ejected from fighter-class strike craft, and it would appear that the pirate operation here is the work of the High Star Pirate Alliance. From what I gather, this clan is a loose coalition of independent-minded pirates united by mutual fear in subservience of their leader, who calls himself Lord Ju'lian. All five prisoners seemed to hold this man in a high degree of awe, he apparently has a reputation for his mercilessness, audacious command and political ruthlessness. I must regretfully inform you, as is my duty, of the loss of ten merchantmen of various sizes despite our efforts. Might I suggest, sir, that our force either be split into smaller patrol pickets to be reinforced by the larger capital ships in the event of an engagement, or that we find their primary Base through use of recconaissence and naval intelligence, and then send this fleet against it. As things are at the moment, although the pirate vessels we encounter (which are usually lone corvettes or modified freighters) pose no threat whatsoever to us, we cannot cover the entire Lane at once. Once we reach either end of the Lane, it takes us two hours minimum to get the fleet refuelled and turn it around, and from what I gather the pirate have observed our routine and are beginning to attack during our between time. Might I also add that I have concern for the mens' morale, particularly that of the corvette crews. Whilst both our own men and those of our ally Cienelle know that they are fighting for a good cause, they simply cannot be kept couped up in those cramped little buckets for many more weeks. An organised patrol rosta would allow us to alternate the crews on duty, and give those that are not some much-needed shore leave. New Berlin has been most helpful in providing us with intelligence and with supplies. I am pleased to report that two months' worth of food supplies have now reached New Berlin, due for the most part to our efforts. New Berlin also states the pirate attacks on it have fallen off in the past few weeks. This is possibly due to the clan putting more resources toward sidestepping us, but it could also be due to more freelancers switching to the rarely-used Neuilly-New Berlin Lane, which has become a lot busier over the past month or two due to the New Massachusets blockade. Goods of all kinds are fetching much higher prices in Neuilly and the result is more traders willing to run the risk. No ships in the fleet have taken anything beyond light damage, that was repaired free of charge by the New Berliners.

Unread 26 Aug 2004, 17:28   #364
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

Flaag is infamous around these partsFlaag is infamous around these partsFlaag is infamous around these parts

/ooc/ Hmm, might actually bother naming my representative now... /ooc/
Regional Overseer George Collins; one of the Emperors 8 advisors; takes his seat in the Teian Point senate chamber, and scans through the bar list, waiting for the discussions to begin. When a serving person comes over he points to one of the drinks on the menu, asking for a lower alcahol version.
Flaag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 17:44   #365
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Quote:
From what I gather, this clan is a loose coalition of independent-minded pirates united by mutual fear in subservience of their leader, who calls himself Lord Ju'lian.
/ooc . . . . F*CK. F*ck f*ck, f*ckity f*ck f*ck. I'm so screwed. ooc/
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 18:59   #366
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about

Message to the Anti-Pirate Fleet

Tau Ceti advises Admiral Carter to use caution when dealing with the pirates. As it is fairly likely that the pirates have not deployed their full forces, it may be sensible to interogate the prisoners either before or during the advance on the base, thus discovering what forces they may have. Besides this and the stern advice not to split the fleet up unless it proves ABSOLUTELY neccessary, details of the operation are to remain in Admiral Carter's capable hands.

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics
Planetkiller II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 19:33   #367
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Quote:
/ooc . . . . F*CK. F*ck f*ck, f*ckity f*ck f*ck. I'm so screwed. ooc/
ooc: Don't know what your worried about mate. Everyone knows that Julian chap is SUCH a pushover...

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 19:37   #368
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

You're just lucky that LH doesn't allow RPer vs. RPer in Rommy, or I'd show you just how dangerous Julian really is. (Ju'lian, for that matter. )
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 20:29   #369
No Dachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planetkiller II
Message to the Anti-Pirate Fleet

Tau Ceti advises Admiral Carter to use caution when dealing with the pirates. As it is fairly likely that the pirates have not deployed their full forces, it may be sensible to interogate the prisoners either before or during the advance on the base, thus discovering what forces they may have. Besides this and the stern advice not to split the fleet up unless it proves ABSOLUTELY neccessary, details of the operation are to remain in Admiral Carter's capable hands.
Interrogating the prisoners on the way to the base will be impossible.

Unread 26 Aug 2004, 22:40   #370
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about

Tau Ceti says: meh, ok.

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics
Planetkiller II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2004, 04:05   #371
Insane. Badger
Baby Eating Capitalist

Planet Name: Earth
Planet Type: Earth
Planet Size: Medium
Planet Government: Democratic Republic
A-L Scale: 5

Population: 20,000 (+ 8550)
Population Rate: 6,000
Population in Industry: 15,000
Population in Private Sector: 5,368
Population in Government Work: 6,040
Scum Due For Napalming: 0

Base Income: 400
Planet Size: 3
Industrial Base: 1
Total RM Income: 1200
Industrial Upgrading: 240 (+ 0.5)

Tax Rate 3
System Size 3
Number of Linked Systems 4
Size of Linked Systems 3/3/2/1

Trade Income N/A
Tax Income N/A
Total Income N/A

Stockpiles

$573,000
1025RM

Buildings

School - 100P
Police Station - 600P
Fire Station - 400P
Hospital - 600P
Shipyard - 2000P
Barracks - 500P

Units

Unit Classes

'Thalassa' Class Corvette - 2 x 40mm Chainguns, 2 x 381mm Railguns - 530RM, $23,500, 20P

'Europa' Class Frigate - 2 x Point Defence Lasers, 2 x 40mm Chainguns, 6 x 381mm Railguns - 1880RM, $97,500, 200P

Construction

Buildings

2 Libraries - 400RM, $80,000, 250P
1 School - 200RM, $20,000, 100P
1 College - 800RM, $80,000, 750P
Commercial Docks - 2000RM, $200,000, 500P

Units

2 'Thalassa' Class Corvettes - 1060RM, $47,000, 40P
2 Small Colonisation Ships - 2000RM, $200,000, 2000P

Research

Developed

Warfare:
Economics: Interstellar Trade Management
Science:
Civics:

Researching

Warfare: Basic 0-G Missile Weaponry
Economics: Trading Ships
Science: Advanced Sensor Waves
Civics: Basic Biodomes

Planet Advantages

Improved Education
Improved Training Methods
Hardy Populace
Patriotism
Leadership

Edit: A few mistakes have been corrected

More edits to correct mistakes made by correcting the last mistakes.
I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I traveled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer. - Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by Insane. Badger; 29 Aug 2004 at 02:21.
Unread 27 Aug 2004, 08:20   #372
Killer-of-Lawye
ensign

Killer-of-Lawye will become famous soon enoughKiller-of-Lawye will become famous soon enough

New Tokyo inquires as to what exactly the fringe world leauge will do for fringe worlds. Unless evedince is shown that such actions are a profitable venture, then New Tokyo will view the new leauge the same as the old, minimaly usefull.
Unread 27 Aug 2004, 08:33   #373
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Quote:
You're just lucky that LH doesn't allow RPer vs. RPer in Rommy, or I'd show you just how dangerous Julian really is. (Ju'lian, for that matter. )
ooc: Six reflex missile launchers, six.... count 'em

Fringe World Convention Program

Tues
6:00pm - Delegates arrive
6:30pm - Thank you speech by the hon. Paul Hewitt
6:45pm - Arrival dinner
7:00pm - Tonights dinner show '2001 a Space Odyssey' staring Rex Manner as Dave Bowman
9:30pm - Night bar opens

Weds
7:30am - Official start of convention....

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 27 Aug 2004, 08:38   #374
Killer-of-Lawye
ensign

Yeah. Fine. Tokyo goes for the free food at least.
Unread 27 Aug 2004, 08:45   #375
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

Flaag is infamous around these partsFlaag is infamous around these partsFlaag is infamous around these parts

/ooc/ can IB label his unimployed as "due for napalming" with an A-L of 5? :P/ooc/
Unread 27 Aug 2004, 08:51   #376
Killer-of-Lawye
ensign

He does show a poor grasp for economics and the need for some unemployed. LEts see... 4.7% unemployment is probably a bit more than needed, but respectable.
Unread 27 Aug 2004, 09:07   #377
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

ooc: Ok I don't really feel up to a pages long post outlining speeches and so forth so I'll just stick up the conditions of the GFWC and leave it at that.

Fringe World Committee

Aim: To improve security and relations with all worlds on the fringe. By doing this it is expected that the region as a whole will become much safer and as peaceful practices such as trade will increase dramatically.

Outline:

- The committee will meet every six months.

- Every three years a new committee president will be chosen from member delegates.

- Members do not have to contribute any military forces to the committee however, they will have to allow any forces of another member free passage through their area of influence and rights to dock for supplies. Member planets may charge the foreign planet a fair price for the supplies however.

- Military alliances will only be discussed once the committee is in place, but it is expected that such alliances will not be used against other committee members. To enforce this, a security council is to be setup consisting of any planets wishing to contribute military forces to the committee for routing out pirates and so forth.

- Members are to remain at peace with one another and use the committee to discuss disputes openly. Members currently at war will be expected to set aside their differences and broker peace.

- The committee will not support acts of aggression against fellow members and such actions can get you thrown out of the league.

- It is hoped that a new arms trade can be established. Those with the building facilities should be able to sell or hire out ships and weapons to newer, resource-rich fringe communities to help deal with the pirate threat.

- To support the war against the pirates, all committee members will be expected to divulge any information relating to pirates to the committee however, committee approval is NOT needed for actions against pirates.

- To prevent league bans on our rights such as open colonisation, all members are expected to vote the same on any resolution. The nature of the vote will be discussed before hand.

- It should be noted that it is expected of members to still follow league decisions however, if a member disagrees with a decision made by the league or thinks it is begin treated unfairly they may come to the committee and we will try to sort something out with the league. If that fails and we think the league is incorrect in it's actions we will act independantly of the league and see what can be done.

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 27 Aug 2004, 09:44   #378
Killer-of-Lawye
ensign

New Tokyo agrees to the terms as long as the forum is not used to push certian political idelologies upon its members by others. As a strictly anti pirate pro fringe orginization, it is fine, as long as politics are kept out.
Unread 27 Aug 2004, 09:55   #379
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt
Fringe World Committee

Aim: To improve security and relations with all worlds on the fringe. By doing this it is expected that the region as a whole will become much safer and as peaceful practices such as trade will increase dramatically.

Outline:

- Members do not have to contribute any military forces to the committee however, they will have to allow any forces of another member free passage through their area of influence and rights to dock for supplies. Member planets may charge the foreign planet a fair price for the supplies however.

- Military alliances will only be discussed once the committee is in place, but it is expected that such alliances will not be used against other committee members. To enforce this, a security council is to be setup consisting of any planets wishing to contribute military forces to the committee for routing out pirates and so forth.

- Members are to remain at peace with one another and use the committee to discuss disputes openly. Members currently at war will be expected to set aside their differences and broker peace.

- The committee will not support acts of aggression against fellow members and such actions can get you thrown out of the league.

- It is hoped that a new arms trade can be established. Those with the building facilities should be able to sell or hire out ships and weapons to newer, resource-rich fringe communities to help deal with the pirate threat.

- To support the war against the pirates, all committee members will be expected to divulge any information relating to pirates to the committee however, committee approval is NOT needed for actions against pirates.

- To prevent league bans on our rights such as open colonisation, all members are expected to vote the same on any resolution. The nature of the vote will be discussed before hand.

- It should be noted that it is expected of members to still follow league decisions however, if a member disagrees with a decision made by the league or thinks it is begin treated unfairly they may come to the committee and we will try to sort something out with the league. If that fails and we think the league is incorrect in it's actions we will act independantly of the league and see what can be done.
/ooc/*watches as the facade of "we will cooperate with the league" begins to crumble*/ooc/
"I'm assuming that the rights of free passage will be revoked in the unlikely event of a war between factions that are part of the comitee?" The Sulphosi delegate begins to sit, then rises again. "Can I ask you a question, Mr. Hewitt? You talk of providing weapons aid to resource rich planets without a substantial army, but surely you, with your large initial expension, fit that description surprisingly well, whereas it has little benifit for those of us who considered the pirate threat in our initial actions, so why should we agree to it, when it gives us few advantages? I would suggest designated patrol routes ofr each member, with the number of routes being dependant on their military power relative to their size, allowing each to keep his own ships while keeping security at a maximum,"
/ooc/ i need a small recap, has the pirate base in F-107L been attacked yet?/ooc/
Unread 27 Aug 2004, 11:41   #380
No Dachi

All
The System size bit refers to the number of planets in the system, not the number of inhabited planets:

Minor System (1-4 planets) = 1
Mediocre System (5-8 planets) = 2
Major System (9-13 planets) = 3

IB
Did you pay for that Industrial Base upgrade? I can't see the RM spent on it in the constructions bit.

Edit: wait, spotted it

Flaag
That pirate base hasn't been attacked yet, no.

Last edited by No Dachi; 27 Aug 2004 at 11:56.
Unread 27 Aug 2004, 12:19   #381
No Dachi

All
You're getting research too quickly. As of Turn 2 (ticks over this saturday), all technology Research Point costs are doubled.

Unread 27 Aug 2004, 12:29   #382
No Dachi

IB

Tax Income: $86,290
Trade Income: $103,680
Total Income: $203,584

---

2 Schools
1 College
3 Libraries

=11 RP. The secretary for education reports that the state library system has had an excellent effect on knowledge across all age groups. He does, however, request the construction of two more schools within the next two years in light of the high population growth rate.

Technology gained: Basic 0-G Missile Weaponry, Trading Ships, Advanced Sensor Waves, Basic Biodomes, Advanced Computer Systems, Research Facilities.

Unread 27 Aug 2004, 12:33   #383
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

Quote:
All
You're getting research too quickly. As of Turn 2 (ticks over this saturday), all technology Research Point costs are doubled.
/ooc/* watches as his carefully made research plan is ruined...... then realises he didnt actually have one yet */ooc/
Unread 27 Aug 2004, 13:16   #384
Killer-of-Lawye
ensign

Masaki Corp. sends out Envoys to the goverments in Barak, Reman, KARL, Ost-S, and Lower Reach with the following message:

To the respective goverments of the systems near F-107L. As you have no doubt been informed by now, it has come to the light of the Galatic comunity that a major pirate base may exist in F-107L. We at Masaki belive that this is a opertunity to remove a threat that plauges trade along the Eastern Fringe. As we belive that pircing the nebula is only a matter of time, and expect trade volume in the area to increase quickly in the future, we belive that now is the time to nip the hostile pirates in the bud before they become to powerfull and spread. To this end, we propose a temporary coilition fleet, similar to the one started by Tau Ceti in the core to get rid of their pirates. All we ask at the moment is that you express your intrest or lack of it in working together in eliminating this threat. We will then set up a meeting of all those in favor, and hopefully, we will be able to build a force capable of overwhealming whatever defences the pirates have, dirasticaly reducing the danger to merchant shipping, and boosting everones trade income.

OOC: Why is IB being allowed to make up turn 0?

Edit2: IC: As it turns out one of my corvettes are free, and that my fighters have a sytem range. 1 C-1T Corvette from Colony 1 and the Sceince ship depart for the Nebula and poke around.

OOC: Anyway, IB, your 600 or so RM over budget, 400 off on your private sector employment. and thats all I see so far. You don't get pop growth in turn 0.

Last edited by Killer-of-Lawye; 27 Aug 2004 at 13:38.
Unread 27 Aug 2004, 14:11   #385
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

Envoy sent to Masaki Corp.
The Empire of Sulphos would be glad to provide assistance in dealing with this threat, and awaits the details of the official meeting.
Unread 27 Aug 2004, 14:39   #386
Insane. Badger
Baby Eating Capitalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer-of-Lawye
because turn 0 isn't a normal turn, it's what the planet did before the thread started.
Unread 27 Aug 2004, 15:02   #387
Killer-of-Lawye
ensign

ooc: And its possible for a planet to do nothing, now isn't it?

Furthermore, the errors still stand. You don't get pop growth, so the extra 7,000 P costs 3500 RM. That will put you around 600 RM in the red. And you need to redo your private sector employment.
Unread 27 Aug 2004, 15:20   #388
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Quote:
Because he is IB.
Unread 27 Aug 2004, 15:20   #389
No Dachi

Quote:
Furthermore, the errors still stand. You don't get pop growth, so the extra 7,000 P costs 3500 RM. That will put you around 600 RM in the red. And you need to redo your private sector employment.
Look again...

Unread 27 Aug 2004, 15:38   #390
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

[Edit: Budget removed.]

Budget was very faulty, will be reposted later.

Last edited by Fluffie; 27 Aug 2004 at 18:20.
Fluffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2004, 15:46   #391
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

/ooc/ do we have any control over the plants in the biodomes?/ooc/
Unread 27 Aug 2004, 15:47   #392
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

[Edit: Post about Budget removed. See reason above.]

Last edited by Fluffie; 27 Aug 2004 at 18:21.
Fluffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2004, 16:06   #393
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Quote:
Admiral von Stauber reports: Operation Windfall
We have now been patrolling the Trade Lane for three months, and I am pleased to report the destruction of no less than five pirate capital vessels during that time. We have captured five prisoners, mostly ejected from fighter-class strike craft, and it would appear that the pirate operation here is the work of the High Star Pirate Alliance. From what I gather, this clan is a loose coalition of independent-minded pirates united by mutual fear in subservience of their leader, who calls himself Lord Ju'lian. All five prisoners seemed to hold this man in a high degree of awe, he apparently has a reputation for his mercilessness, audacious command and political ruthlessness. I must regretfully inform you, as is my duty, of the loss of ten merchantmen of various sizes despite our efforts. Might I suggest, sir, that our force either be split into smaller patrol pickets to be reinforced by the larger capital ships in the event of an engagement, or that we find their primary Base through use of recconaissence and naval intelligence, and then send this fleet against it. As things are at the moment, although the pirate vessels we encounter (which are usually lone corvettes or modified freighters) pose no threat whatsoever to us, we cannot cover the entire Lane at once. Once we reach either end of the Lane, it takes us two hours minimum to get the fleet refuelled and turn it around, and from what I gather the pirate have observed our routine and are beginning to attack during our between time. Might I also add that I have concern for the mens' morale, particularly that of the corvette crews. Whilst both our own men and those of our ally Cienelle know that they are fighting for a good cause, they simply cannot be kept couped up in those cramped little buckets for many more weeks. An organised patrol rosta would allow us to alternate the crews on duty, and give those that are not some much-needed shore leave. New Berlin has been most helpful in providing us with intelligence and with supplies. I am pleased to report that two months' worth of food supplies have now reached New Berlin, due for the most part to our efforts. New Berlin also states the pirate attacks on it have fallen off in the past few weeks. This is possibly due to the clan putting more resources toward sidestepping us, but it could also be due to more freelancers switching to the rarely-used Neuilly-New Berlin Lane, which has become a lot busier over the past month or two due to the New Massachusets blockade. Goods of all kinds are fetching much higher prices in Neuilly and the result is more traders willing to run the risk. No ships in the fleet have taken anything beyond light damage, that was repaired free of charge by the New Berliners.
- Send Message to Admiral Von Stauber. "Excellent work on keeping the trade routes open enough to extend New Berlin's stockpile of supplies by two months. Deliver my personal congratulations on to the men. I have analyzed your recommendations and found them sound. Therefore, included in this message you would find a new packet of orders for you. You have a lot of work to do before the New Berlin system is safe, Admiral. Good luck, and happy hunting."

Admiral Von Stabuer's New Orders

- Continue to interogate the five prisoners you were able to capture, specifically about the location of this Lord Ju'lian's base. When you are finished with the trash, either turn them over to New Berlin authorities, or give them a military trial and execute them all. Use your judgement on this matter to determine which method would be better for relations with New Berlin, and setting an example for the rest of the pirates in the New Berlin system.
- Scour the New Berlin system for any in-system bases that the pirates could be operating out of. Once the New Berlin system has been fully explored, send a report on the composition of the various worlds, the likelihood of a pirate clan having a base on the planet either currently or in the near future, and which in your opinion would be the best worlds to establish a supply base on, should the need for a permenant Freilander presence here become necessary.
- As distateful as it may seem, for now you are to cease most anti-piracy operations along the New Berlin-Sestelle trade route, except for minor random patrols to keep the pirates off-balance. Instead, you are to direct your full attention towards locating the pirate base that these High Star pirates are operating out of. In the long run, we will save more merchantmen by locating the pirate base now, then continuing to patrol the trade lane.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 27 Aug 2004, 17:37   #394
Insane. Badger
Baby Eating Capitalist

TURN 1

Planet Name: Earth
Planet Type: Earth
Planet Government: Democratic Republic

Population: 36,840
Population Rate: 6,000
Population in Industry: 15,000
Population in Private Sector: 7368
Population in Government Work: 7,540
Scum Due For Napalming: 1132

Base Income: 400
Industrial Base: 1.5
Total RM Income: 1800
Industrial Upgrading: 0

Tax Rate 3
System Size 3

Trade Income 103,680
Tax Income 86,290
Total Income 203,584

Stockpiles

$554, 084
950 RM

Buildings

2 Schools - 200P
College - 750P
2 Libraries - 250P
Police Station - 600P
Fire Station - 400P
Hospital - 600P
Shipyard - 2000P
Commercial Docks - 2000 RM
Barracks - 500P

Units

2 'Thalassa' Class Corvettes - 40P
1 'Europa' Class Frigate - 200P

Unit Classes

'Thalassa' Class Corvette - 2 x 40mm Chainguns, 2 x 381mm Railguns - 530RM, $23,500, 20P

'Europa' Class Frigate - 2 x Point Defence Lasers, 2 x 40mm Chainguns, 6 x 381mm Railguns - 1880RM, $97,500, 200P

Construction

Buildings

Advanced Sensor Array - 250RM, $60,000, 100P
School - 200RM, $25,000, 100P

Units

4 Advanced Infantry - 400RM, $40,000, 400P

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Planet Name: Venus
Planet Type: Rock
Planet Government: Democratic Republic (Colony)

Population: 4,000
Population Rate: 3,000
Population in Industry: 0
Population in Private Sector: 800
Population in Government Work: 0
Scum Due For Napalming: 800

Base Income: 800
Industrial Base: 0
Total RM Income: 0

Tax Rate 1
System Size 3

Trade Income N/A
Tax Income N/A
Total Income N/A

Stockpiles

Buildings

Colony Hub

Units
________________________________________________________________________________________

Planet Name: Jupiter
Planet Type: Gas Giant
Planet Size: Huge
Planet Government: Democratic Republic (Colony)

Population: 3,000
Population Rate: 2,000
Population in Industry: 0
Population in Private Sector: 600
Population in Government Work: 0
Scum Due For Napalming: 800

Base Income: 700
Planet Size: 5
Industrial Base: 0
Total RM Income: 0

Tax Rate 1
System Size 3

Trade Income N/A
Tax Income N/A
Total Income N/A

Stockpiles

Buildings

Colony Hub

Units

Research

Developed

Warfare: Basic 0-G Missile Weaponry, Double Hulled Ships
Economics: Interstellar Trade Management, Trading Ships
Science: Advanced Sensor Waves, Advanced Computer Systems, Research Facilities
Civics: Basic Biodomes

Researching

Warfare: Heavier Mass Driver
Economics: Interstellar Passenger Industry
Science: Superpowered Electromagnets
Civics: Recreational Facilities

Planet Advantages

Improved Education
Improved Training Methods
Hardy Populace
Patriotism
Leadership

Orders

Intelligence: Information is to be gathered on the size, makeup and positioning of the fleets of Mars and Uranus (presumably the size is public information for both as they are both relativley 'free' planets and the advanced sensor array should be able to detect their positions once it is completed)
General Political Information: Mar's/Uranus policy regarding in-system colonisation and their reaction to Earth's colonisation of Jupiter and Venus

EDIT: Also a little propaganda campaign is to be begun on the superiority of Earth's educational system and how intelligent people from earth are to (at least) the othe player controlled planets) exlempified by the rapid technological breakthroughs over the past few years.

EDIT2: KoL informs me I need to put the two new colonies here with the populations they where sent out with, so I have. plus another edit for it regarding colonial size because of a misunderstanding about the nature of turn 0.

Last edited by Insane. Badger; 28 Aug 2004 at 16:10.
Unread 27 Aug 2004, 18:39   #395
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Turn 1

King Fluffie I of Ios

Advantages:
Military:
Leadership (level 1)
Improved Training Methods (level 1)
Ground Troops (level 1)
Economic:
Economic Resilience (level 1)
Cultural:
Cultural Identity (level 1)

Ios
Planet: Ios
Planet Specifics: Huge Desert World, 3 moons, no commodity
System: High Reach
System Specifics: Medium, 3 Linked Systems (Small/Small/Large)
Government: Constitutional Monarchy (A-L Scale 5)

Recources:
Industrial Base: 1.5

RM
Income: 500 * 5 * [Industrial Base (= 1.5)] = 3,750 RM

Stockpile: 2,417 RM

$
Tax level: 3

Income from taxes: $78,829
Income from port fees: $6,075
Income from “other”: $0
Total income: $85,754

Bank statement: $603,754

P
Total population: 28,266 P
Population growth: 3,000 P

People needed for Industrial and Commerical Sectors:
([Industrial Base (= 1.5)] * 10,000 P) + (0.2 * [total P (= 28,666)]) = 20,733 P
People used in “Buildings” and “Units”: 6,265 P

Used/total people: 26,998/28,266 P
Available/unemployed people: 1,268 P

Buildings:
Military
1 Basic Shipyard (2,000 P)
1 Barracks (500 P)
1 Marine Barracks (700 P)

Civic
1 Police Station (600 P)
1 Fire Station (400 P)
1 Hospital (600 P)

1 School (100 P)
1 Library (125 P)

Units:
Fleet (Military)
2 DPR Gunboats (220 P)
2 APR Gunboats (220 P)

Ground Forces (Infantry)
8 Marines (800 P)

Procurement:
(Procurements are deducted from RM and $, but not P ‘totals’.)
(Total: 1,600 RM, $227,000, 1,175 P)

1 School (200 RM, $25,000, 100 P)
1 Library (200 RM, $40,000, 125 P)
1 College (800 RM, $80,000 750 P)

2 Parks (400 RM, $82,000, 200 P)

Research
To be conducted:
Advanced Sensor Waves (3 RP)
Atmospheric Aircraft (3 RP)
Interstellar Trade Management (2 RP)
Trading Ships (1 RP)
Interstellar Passenger Industry (2 RP)
Adapted 0-G Missile Weaponry (2 RP)
Superpowered Electromagnets (2 RP)
Advanced Fusion Drives (3 RP)
Advanced Computer Systems (2 RP)
Advanced Robotics (3 RP)
Double-Hulled Ships (3 RP)
Enlarged Capital Ship Casis Design (3 RP)
Heavier Mass Drivers (2 RP)

Completed:
Warfare: Planetary Assault Doctrine, Basic 0-G Missile Weaponry
Economic:
Science:
Civic: Basic Biodomes

Ship Designs:
DPR Gunboat (1,600 RM, $82,000, 110 P)
(6 381mm Railguns, 2 Point-Defence Lasers, 2 Drop Pods)

APR Gunboat (1,600 RM, $82,000, 110 P)
(6 381mm Railguns, 2 Point-Defence Lasers, 2 Assault Pods)
Unread 27 Aug 2004, 20:18   #396
Killer-of-Lawye
ensign

Just turn the Colony ships into 1000 pop colonies, IB. Colonies are established on the turn that the ships depart.

Turn A: Build Colony Ship
Turn B: Gain 1000 Pop Colony (Assuming its not shot down, and your useing a small colony ship.)
Turn C: Colony Grows, Etc.

Other than that, your fine. I still object to this because it gives you an unfair advantage of not having to have things like ground troops, because you don't have to protect yourself the 5 out of 6 months of turn one because you can't be retroactivly attacked, and you get to see which buildings work the best on Turn 0 before we did, like librarys, burt whatever ND thinks is best.

Edit: Also, you typo'd RM instead of P for the trade docks, and your pop in goverment work number seems to be high by my initial calculations. Lastly, you need to have ND re-do your research. You cut the libraries and such that got you the massive RP bonus in the first place, and only have the same number of libraries I started with, which, should put you behind me, thanks to my science ship.

Last edited by Killer-of-Lawye; 27 Aug 2004 at 20:26.
Unread 27 Aug 2004, 21:47   #397
No Dachi

West Frontier and Northwest Outpost destroyed by unknown attacker (the Galactic News Standard)

Westlforest, Western Link System: Up untill this week, Westforest was expected to become the next influential trading power to emerge and take its place beside the already-established merchant empires of New Moscow and Northern Hub.The street's of the planet's capital would be teeming not only with industry and native businessmen, but with representatives form offworld firms looking to open up new branches on this fast-rising world. Today, however, the streets of Westforest City are filled not with the agents of commerce and economic growth, but with sandbagged strongpoints manned by heavily-armed soldiers, and conscripts being drilled in an attempt to prepare them for battle. The number of trade ships, before almost constantly flowing in and out fo the planet's famously beautiful skies, has dropped sharply, and in the place of the lumbering merchantmen come fighter squadrons and gun corvette patrols. Signs of militarisation are everywhere, and the planet as a whole has an atmosphere of tension and readiness. The cause of these dramatic changes in the government's activities is the complete destruction by unknown forces of the planets of Northwest Outpost and Western Frontier, the latter in a planetary system adjacent to West Link.

Exactly how the planets were destroyed is at this time unknown. The League Investigations Committee has sent survey teams to both systems in order to ascertain exactly what happened. Leaked reports that the colonies on both planets were obliterated using nuclear weapons have been strenuously denied by the Committee, but have nonetheless provoked widespread panic across the Northwestern Fringe. No warning or distress call reached any inhabited system from either planet and so it is assumed that they were destroyed near-simultaneously and with great speed. There were no survivors from either system. News of the disaster first reached Westforest from a privately-owned trade ship in orbit around the devastated planet of Western Frontier. The Westforest Defense Fleet immediately dispatched the Frigate Xenathon to investigate, accompanied by two escorting squadrons of fighters. One pilot from WDF 462 Squadron remembers the scene of desolation that met them. "As soon as we got in visual range, it was just unreal, like something out of a movie. This huge swathe of the planet's surface was on fire. There were a lot of hulks around the planet as well, most of them were still burning". The Westforester ships immediately began broadcasting rescue calls, but after ten hours of constant transmissions had still recieved no return message from the planet or any of the wrecks, and assumed that there had been no survivors. The Xenathon's Ordance Officer composed a report which was released to the public by the Westforest Information Office, the report concludes that the colonies' wholesale destruction, on both planets, was the result of a gigantic firestorm stemming from massive orbital bombardment. Several prominent planetary ecologists on Westforest have remarked that such powerful forces acting on either planet would likely ruin its eco-system and atmosphere completely for centuries to come. Despite the League Committe's denial of nuclear weapons being responsible for the destruction, several prominent military experts and ex-Old Nations officers have come forward claiming that the aftereffectd of the bombardment are in-keeping with those that would have followed the horrific "planet devastator" orbital bombardment techniques employed by the Old Nations during the End War, which were used to not only destroy the colonies on planets along with their inhabitants, but also to render the planets uninhabitable for a good length of time thereafter. "The League's refusal to admit that this is the work of nuclear weaponry is frankly ridiculous," Admiral von Stauber of the Freiland War Fleet, formerly of the European Federation Space Navy, told the Galactic News Standard, "no amount of conventional explosive or incendiary agent could cause a firestorm of this size". Admiral von Stauber, one of the last of the so-called "Great Admirals" who served so famously during the End War and survived, is considered by many to be the foremost expert on military matters in existence. His sentiment appears to have been confirmed by a number of the other surviving End War Admirals. However, since no planets currently have the capability to produce anywhere near the number of nuclear devices it would take to destroy both West Frontier and Northwest Outpost to such a complete degree, the only current explanation is that the attackers uncovered some long-forgotten weapons dump of the Old Nations and used its stockpiles for their own purposes. Worryingly, several weapons experts have admitted that there could be any number of these long-forgotten weapons dumps scattered around the Known Galaxy, and indeed beyond. The League Investigations Committee has stated that it has not yet identified the organisation or power responsible for these atrocities, and that it has not ascertained much more information as of yet than that the two planets were levelled completely with no survivors or witnesses.

---

Short News
The Frontier Alliance has reported great success in antipiracy operations around New Berlin. President Velasquez has commended the Alliance for their "selfless and noble work".

The Iosi Royal Space Fleet has demonstrated the capabilities of several new warships to representatives from
various organisations in High Reache System.

Teian Point has organised an interplanetary diplomatic conference aimed at the establishment of a "Fringe Worlds' Committee". Many Fringe planets have sent representatives. Several Inner Sphere worlds have expressed concern at the possibility of this Committee usurping the League as the main interplanetary diplomatic lobby.

War continues between Neuilly and New Boston in the Northwestern Fringe continues as New Boston reports the capture of a large Nueillian military base on a deep space asteroid between the two systems.

New Moscow is said to be planning the proposal of an interplanetary football league as part of an effort to better relations and economic ties throughout the Known Galaxy.

Unread 27 Aug 2004, 21:49   #398
No Dachi

All
Remember to PM Crazy a copy of your budgets. This reminder is specifically aimed at people who aren't Fluffie, PK, KoL and Wo2. If you don't send Crazy a copy of your budget he will pout and we don't want that.

Unread 27 Aug 2004, 22:09   #399
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Quote:
The Iosi Royal Space Fleet has demonstrated the capabilities of several new warships to representatives from
various organisations in High Reache System.
My deepest apologies, but those warships were from the faulty budget. These ships couldn't even have existed, since they were Corvettes, with Hangar Bays.

The Budget and the post alongside it have already been removed.

Sorry
Unread 27 Aug 2004, 22:15   #400
Insane. Badger
Baby Eating Capitalist

Quote:
Edit: Also, you typo'd RM instead of P for the trade docks, and your pop in goverment work number seems to be high by my initial calculations. Lastly, you need to have ND re-do your research. You cut the libraries and such that got you the massive RP bonus in the first place, and only have the same number of libraries I started with, which, should put you behind me, thanks to my science ship.
What? I didn't touch anything educational other than building a new school, i fixed the RM debt by removing a corvette plus a few P so I wouldn't have removed them then and i certainly wouldn't cut them for no reason.

As for the government workers, I have 6k just from the shipyard, trade docks and colony ships plus another 3k or so in various other buildings/ships.