User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 24 Jul 2004, 19:54   #51
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: The Farshot Campaign: Second Strike

Name: Gordian Ross
Ship Name: Cicero
Ship Class: Century Class Heavy Destroyer
History: For someone named after Roman emperors, The idea of commanding the Cicero jumped at Gordian. After putting forward an application for the command post along with his close friend and long-time second-in-command, Setian Almore, he was delighted to learn of their assignment. His excitement dimmed when he heard what their first assignment was going to be - full combat.

Gordian arrived at the briefing a little after most of the other captains, but was glad to see nobody making a big deal of it. Noting the current flawed data and assignment for the Cicero, he went to speak to Kincade after he had fnished his speech.

"Sir, I'm not wholly convinced a pure defensive role is right for the
Cicero. The ship is not well adjusted to soaking up damage; rather more to dealing it to a surprised enemy, if i may be so bold. I feel we would be better suited to Colour Squadron Red. Would you agree, sir?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyboy
unit rooster
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées

Last edited by Phang; 25 Jul 2004 at 15:27.
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 20:09   #52
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about

Disruptor: Techically you should be able to order smaller ships around, but in practice it makes more tactical sense for them to be ordered about by the flagship, or just do their own thing. You might have ships attached to you for a specific job, but you might not.

Ryon:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planetkiller
The flagship of this group is the Mars Class Heavy Cruiser, Leo under Captain Jonas.
Phang: Sure thing, Red squadron ye be in.

Crazy: I'd like to take this oppurtunity to present you with your squadron's mascot, the Unit Rooster

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics
Planetkiller II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 09:03   #53
KlavoHunter
RP cnut

KlavoHunter is an unknown quantity at this point

OOC: So, for Red Squad, how many fighters is that, and of what types? I might want to ask for a set of fighters to back up my ship and the other two Lynxs.

IC:

Lieutenet Commander twisted slightly in his chair, eyeing his orders, thinking about it, taking his attention off of the cute blonde sitting at helm. Merrimack was stationed at the edge of the fleet, running patrol.

"Red Group... straight into the thick of it, and..." he cursed softly. "Not that much support from our sister ships..."

I suppose we'll be using the bigger ships as cover, then... He looked over to his Ops Officer, and sighed. Time to pay up for my philandering, then...

"Okay, we have our orders... All stations, sound off!"

"Helm controls functional, Sublight engines online. Hyperdrive on standby."

"Shields and ECM are running at full capacity... decoy ejectors are fully loaded."

"Reactor running at 100% efficiency... Secondary batteries on command."

"All Mass Driver mag-rods are in tune... loading bay reports ready. Laser Cannon capacitors at full charge. Missile Pod One shows all tubes ready."

"Signal to Athena, Merrimack is ready for combat."
KlavoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 15:03   #54
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Lady Hawk is infamous around these partsLady Hawk is infamous around these parts

Colour Squadron Yellow

Yellow Squadron will be disabling and occupying the Breaker Epsilon asteroid base, then defending it from any enemy forces that may try and destroy it to prevent it falling into our hands.

Lieutenant Commander Fluffie
Ship Name: Strider
Class: Imhotep Class Strike Carrier
Crew: Green
Awards: None
Performance: As yet Ungraded.
Notes: Lieutenant Commander Fluffie would be best advised to equip his fighter bays with a majority of assault craft, as this mission will likely require fast troop deployment. If he chooses not to do so, bombers would be the next best choice. He will of course be able to re-equip post-mission.

1 ‘Imhotep’ Class Strike Carrier
Typhoon under Captain Nankin

1 ‘Mars’ Class Heavy Cruiser
Harridan under Captain Berger

3 ‘Neptune’ Class Strike Cruiser
Titan under Lieutenant Commander Kernal
London under Lieutenant Commander Everant
Pegasus under Lieutenant Commander Oberon

1‘Mercury’ Class Patrol Cruiser
Detroit under Lieutenant Commander Logman

Lieutenant Commander Richard 'Crazyboy' Sharpe
Ship Name: Valkyrie
Class: Panther Class Stealth Frigate
Notes: Lieutenant Commander Sharpe is an important part of Yellow Squadron, being as his stealth capability will be used to board Breaker Epsilon while the rest of the group distracts its sensors. Once docked, his Earguard Dragoons must power down the asteroid’s weapons and take control of as much as possible before further marines can be brought in to fully secure the base. Since the base will be under fire during this operation, this could prove a very difficult job.

Lieutenant Commander Jenna 'Lady Hawk' Sarenndon
Ship Name: Vanguard
Class: Cougar Class Combat Destroyer
Notes: Lieutenant Commander Sarenndon will be ordered to take on targets of opportunity. This may involve attacking the asteroid facility’s defences, or any forces defending it.

1 ‘Cougar’ Class Combat Destroyer
Drago under Lieutenant Commander Typhon

4 ‘Gunmetal’ Class Lance Destroyer
Zeus under Lieutenant Commander Carter
Enterprise under Lieutenant Commander Upant
Dublin under Lieutenant Commander Tyrone
Dark Horse under Lieutenant Commander Ridley

2 ‘Century’ Class Heavy Destroyer
Endeavor under Lieutenant Commander Opek
Pigdog under Lieutenant Commander Paradim

3 ‘Lynx’ Strike Frigate
Rhino under Lieutenant Commander Quiver
Neolith under Lieutenant Simmons
Zeta under Lieutenant Macmaris

4 ‘Jaguar’ Class Anti-Fighter Frigate
Boulder under Lieutenant Commander Warford
Langley under Lieutenant Commander Van
Titan under Lieutenant Commander Tyva
Kennedy under Lieutenant Jun

4 ‘Wildcat’ Class Combat Frigate
Arrowhead under Lieutenant Commander Asdra
Freedom under Lieutenant Creda
Shogun under Lieutenant Igor
Katana under Lieutenant Paulo

4 ‘Tiger’ Class Lance Frigate
Hook under Lieutenant Commander Ewan
Illustrious under Lieutenant Commander Grey
Firestorm under Lieutenant Boller
Tornado under Lieutenant Francis

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes: There will be a large compliment of Delta Class Assault boats and a few Gamma bombers attached to this squadron, in order to combat the asteroid effectively. The flagship for the squadron is the Mars Class Heavy Cruiser, Harridan under Captain Berger.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Objectives:

Primary:
1. Breaker Epsilon base captured.
2. Vessels protecting the asteroid destroyed or disabled.

Secondary:
1. Only minimal damage to facillity.
2. Weapons systems intact.
3. No ships from the squadron lost.

Ships Crew
(names to be assigned when thought of)

No1 - Lena Sarrendon
SO -
TO -
Comms -
Helm -
WO -
MC -
EO -

Previous

The Vangaurd stood amongst the Great shipyards floating above Earth. The giant gantries forming a cage around the Destroyer

Lt Com "Lady Hawk" looked at the ship from the shuttle, she thought back to when the original campaign took place. All had been going well and then the massive counter attack, who could have thought that the Hegemony had so many ships. The Earthfoce ships were outgunned by sheer weight of numbers, many had died in that campaign....... many good men and women.

Now they were going back

"CLUNK"

the shuttle finaly docked with the refitted VANGAURD, she took a deep breath and picked up her bag.

"SSSSSSSS"

the doors slid open, LH walked out into the unfamiliar layout of the Refitted Ship.

Ensign - You What are you doing................... Oh S**t - Er sorry Capt Can I help you?

LH - yes ensign you can show me to the bridge, oh and just be glad i am not on duty yet

Ensign - gulp - Yes Sir!

the ensign proceeded to take LH to the bridge. LH memoerised every twist and turn and also looked at all the new faces......

So young, so many of them are so young......... how could they possibly know what lay before them. How many will survive this time?

The turbo lift finally arrived at the bridge, as the doors opened two ensignes piped...... It seems that the news that LH had finally arrived had reached the bridge. She walked out and a familiar face greeted her, her twin sister - younger than LH by 25 mins.

Lena - Captain on the Bridge

All the bridge crew stood to attention and saluted her, LH smiled - the one saving grace was that the bridge crew were all the same staff who served with LH originally. LH had had to pull some strings and call in a few favours to get her crew back.

LH saluted them back and then handed her bag to the ensign.

E - errrr Ma'am?

LH - Congratulations you are my new "Cabin Boy", you get to help me and serve me understood?

E - Yes ma'am - Sulks.

Time Passes

LH - now sat in her familiar place - Comms patch me thru to the ships intercom

Comms - aye sir

LH - NOW HERE THIS. NOW HERE THIS. WELCOME TO THE COUGAR CLASS DESTROYER VANGAURD. Most of you are new, some of you have served with me before. Who ever you are I only expect a couple of things, your loyalty and to serve me without hesitation. Once before we tried to defeat the Hegemony and we were ourselves pushed back and defeated.

Now we have a second chance - this time we will Prevail

Captain out!

No1 - well said ma'am

LH - well lets take her out and see what she can do

Helm - aye sir

With that the Vangaurd is put thru her paces and is given a shake down cruise.

More Time Passes

Comms - Signal from the flagship on a secure channel, shall I patch it thru to your ready room

LH - Aye

Comms - done

LH - No1 take over

No1 - aye ma'am

LH walks to the ready room and sits at her desk, she turns on the Data Screen as the message from the Flagship is read to her. All the data is their on the ship specs and the Commanders who are part of Group Yellow.

LH - Lena have all the command staff meet me in the ready room in 30 mins

No1 - Aye sir

30 mins later...........

LH - well there you have it - we are part of this Colour Squadron Yellow, and you have seen the mission specs

All - Aye ma'am

LH - well lets get to it..........

Back on the bridge the crew begin to go about their tasks, and do what is necessary

LH - Comms - signal Capt Berger that we are ready and reproting for duty

Comms - aye ma'am

No1 - well here we go again

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE................

Last edited by Lady Hawk; 25 Jul 2004 at 15:41.
Lady Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 16:47   #55
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

*Sitting through the briefing, Incom "Bakan" Morgan took notes on his personal datapad. So far the new assualt deep into enemy territory was working well, as well as sneaking around a ion nebula's could be. He knew that he was just being impatient, but he commanded a Mars Class Heavy Cruiser, something that would normally be in the midst of fighting. Shaking his head slightly, he focused once again on the briefing as they finally got to unit assignments. Looking for his name, Bakan was disapointed, until finally the last Squadron, squadron red appeared. 2nd ship listed, the Redemption. Her mission, to eliminate any resistance from enemy vessels there may be.*

*Taking a few notes on the rest of the Lieutenant Commanders in his squadron, Bakan stood up as the meeting came to a close and started to make his way towards the Admiral in charge. Waiting his turn, he watched the other ship captains (going my navel tradition for despite rank whoever is in charge of the ship is called captain), and their interactions. There was a wide variety of veterans, some of whom Bakan had read about in the academy, others looked to be almost as new to this as he was. Seeing that the Admiral had a opening, Bakan quickly cut in.*

"Admiral sir, a few questions. In Red Squadron, which ship will be the fighter command, for I would like to request the services of one squadron of fighters."
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 18:12   #56
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

Questions to Admiral/Yellow Squadron leader:

Will his vessel command the Delta/Gamma or possibly other types of fighters jumping along, or will this be a task for one of the two carriers in Yellow Squadron.
If the latter, which of the two carriers.
And finally, how many squadrons and of what types are jumping along.

Also requested are permission to select some techies from own vessel or if not that, to receive some techies to send along with own Assault Shuttles, in order to more fluidly take over the station.

Other than that, the Strider reports ready for action.
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 17:32   #57
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about

Farshot Campaign, Second Strike: Day 1

Operation Returning Wrath, Initiation

This tactical combat feed is certified as to be from Admiral Takena Kincade, commander of the MCF Athena and master of the 4th Fleet of the Earthguard. Location of relay from MCF Athena is 0.5 lightyears from the edge of Haegmonian territory, Revastus Nebulae.

Now Transmitting...

I'll address those last concerns, then I'll ask you to get to your ships. Dragoons and technicians will be supplied to anyone who needs them, with priority going to the two stealth frigates, since they will find them most useful. Yellow Squadron will have 15 Squadrons of strike craft. 10 are Deltas, 5 Gammas. They will be assigned jobs as appropriate, but the flagship's Captain is in overall control. He might lease some out to you if you ask nicely. Red Squadron's fighter compliment will be 10 Gammas, 5 Alphas, 5 Betas. They will be under the control of Captain Jaeger, who will assign them as appropriate in battle. Now, since there are no questions, let's go. We have a job to do, so we should go do it.

*The Admiral strode from the room, without pausing. Everyone else followed.*

BATTLENET INITIALISING...

RECORDING ACTIVE
MONITORS ACTIVE
SENSORS ACTIVE
COMMS ACTIVE
COORDINATION ACTIVE

BATTLENET READY

*The fleet deployed, spreading out into jump patterns, organising into colour squadrons and staying out of the way of everything else. Slowly, everything settled down. Gunmetal silhouettes of ships against the patchy yellow-orange background of the nebulae. Then as one, three sets of vessels deployed their HyperDrive engine arrays and burst into their respective HyperWave tunnels. It wasn't a long trip by any means, and soon the various officers were counting down the seconds until reverting inside the Gharis System.*

Colour Squadron Green

Green Squadron is tasked with defending the Athena. From this point forward, this Squadron will not be shown in the report.

MCF Athena, Construction Flagship of the Fleet
6 ‘Jenner’ Class Medical Frigate
2 ‘Sparkler’ Class Technical Frigate
1 ‘Century’ Class Heavy Destroyer
3 ‘Lynx’ Strike Frigate
3 ‘Jaguar’ Class Anti-Fighter Frigate
2 ‘Tiger’ Class Lance Frigate

Lieutenant Commander No Dachi
Ship Name: Defiant
Class: Jupiter Class Battle Cruiser
Notes: Lieutenant Commander No Dachi is currently indisposed with a bout of Space Flu, and thus cannot take part in Operation Returning Wrath. No doubt he will be annoyed to be posted to a non combat squadron, but this is neccessary to preserve both the health of him and his crew.

Lieutenant Commander Hewitt
Ship Name: KJG-730-T (Unchistened)
Class: Wildcat Class Combat Frigate
Notes: Lieutenant Commander Hewitt would have been deployed to the main battle, but as yet we have been unable to locate him. There is still a chance he will be able to take part, but soon he may have to remain with Green Squadron.

Objectives:

Primary:
1. Ensure the survival of the MCF Athena. INCOMPLETE

Secondary:
1. All ships remain hidden and unharmed. INCOMPLETE

*All ships report systems a-ok. Signing off to leave channels open for other operations.*

Colour Squadron Blue

Blue Squadron is to be deploying the GravWell mines and maintaining them. If any craft tries to flee the system by any means, they are to deal with this threat to our mission

1 ‘Neptune’ Class Strike Cruiser
Isis – Light munitions damage
2 ‘Gunmetal’ Class Lance Destroyer
Starlight – Medium Fore Armour Damage
3 ‘Lynx’ Strike Frigate
Delta – Medium hull damage
Darkside – Light hull damage

Lieutenant Commander Duke Dunsworth
Ship Name: Apocalypse Dawn
Class: Mercury Class Patrol Cruiser
Notes: Lieutenant Commander Dunsworth is assigned to take out any large vessels attemping to destroy or disable either the GravWell mines or their layers.

Lieutenant Commander Derrick Eath
Ship Name: Nightrunner
Notes: Lieutenant Commander Eath has been assigned to Blue Squadron with the express purpose of boarding any vessel that becomes either disabled or slows down for another purpose. This means that he has a freedom not given to the rest of the group. He is not to directly engage the enemy, but to fix any sneaky problems that may arise during the battle.

Lieutenant Commander Ryon J’Kar
Ship Name: Les Revenant
Notes: Lieutenant Commander J’Kar shall be assigned to protect the larger vessels and mine layers. The layers must survive for the mission to be successful.

Objectives:

Primary:
1. Deploy GravWell mine network. INCOMPLETE
2. No enemy vessel may escape the Gharis System. INCOMPLETE
3. Any communications that might penetrate the Revastus Nebulae must be prevented. INCOMPLETE

Secondary:
1. All GravWell mines remain intact. INCOMPLETE
2. No ships lost. INCOMPLETE

*Blue Squadron burst into the middle of the Gharis system, Red and Yellow close behind. Without waiting for the order from Captain Jonas, the Einstien and Nerti began spreading out, dropping their first mines. While it wouldn't be enough to prevent HyperWave tunnels being opened completely, it would force any Haegomonians that had thought of running at the first sign of Earthguard ships to recalculate their jumps. There was no time to waste in getting the rest of the mines out into space. Weapons rapidly charging, Blue Squadron opened up on the nearest Haegmonian ships, lasers blowing holes in their hulls. The two cruisers powered on their shields, a golden halo of protective power and the fighter squadrons detached from their mountings on the various hulls, readying flight engines. The Haegmonians had been caught by surprise, but it would not last. At least the Earthguard had the jump on them as regards to weapon charging. The Leo blew the prow off a frigate that hadn't powered its engines fast enough, and proceeded to unload the first of its missile barrages into a nearby cruiser, smashing through its starboard armour and ripping off several weapons. The entire squadron was firing now, attempting to keep anything even remotely near to the mine layers suppressed with fire. The Brazil, Javelin and Isis ganged up on one of the extremely dangerous torpedo destroyers, mass driver and laser fire pounding it before it could react to the threat. By now though, the enemy fleet was beginning to wake up. Despite being surprised, and thus having their missiles and mass drivers unloaded, the Haegomonians began to unload laser fire back into the Earthguard. A group of craft, having noticed what was laying the GravWell mines, moved towards it. Two ‘Charlie’s and a ‘Delta’ cruiser, supported by a ‘Foxtrot’ destroyer, 5 ‘Hotel’ and 3 ‘Indigo’ frigates. Their massed laser fire burned several holes in hulls, but not yet causing any real damage besides energy scoring, yet.*

Colour Squadron Yellow

Yellow Squadron will be disabling and occupying the Breaker Epsilon asteroid base, then defending it from any enemy forces that may try and destroy it to prevent it falling into our hands.

London – Light starboard hull damage
Zeus – Light ventral hull damage
Dublin – Light dorsal hull damage
3 ‘Lynx’ Strike Frigate

Notes: Lieutenant Commander Fluffie would be best advised to equip his fighter bays with a majority of assault craft, as this mission will likely require fast troop deployment. If he chooses not to do so, bombers would be the next best choice. He will of course be able to re-equip post-mission.

Notes: Lieutenant Commander Sharpe is an important part of Yellow Squadron, being as his stealth capability will be used to board Breaker Epsilon while the rest of the group distracts its sensors. Once docked, his Earguard Dragoons must power down the asteroid’s weapons and take control of as much as possible before further marines can be brought in to fully secure the base. Since the base will be under fire during this operation, this could prove a very difficult job.

Notes: Lieutenant Commander Sarenndon will be ordered to take on targets of opportunity. This may involve attacking the asteroid facility’s defences, or any forces defending it.

Objectives:

Primary:
1. Breaker Epsilon base captured. INCOMPLETE
2. Vessels protecting the asteroid destroyed or disabled. INCOMPLETE

Secondary:
1. Only minimal damage to facillity. INCOMPLETE
2. Weapons systems intact. INCOMPLETE
3. No ships from the squadron lost. INCOMPLETE

*Yellow Squadron jumped in last, arriving a short distance away from the main group. The array of enemy vessels protecting their base had begun powering up and moving towards the main battle, when another group jumped in right on top of them. The initial mass driver and missile volley battered two of the ‘Foxtrot’ destroyers almost into submission, shredding weaponry and armour. However, this group reacted far faster than the main battle group, returning fire in earnest. The two squadrons began trading laser fire, both sides taking damage, but neither even close to submitting. The base itself was not yet in range, so at least its weapons couldn’t cause any damage. The Typhoon deployed its fighters into the mass of bombers and drop craft that was rapidly moving to stay out of the way of the majority of fire. There was no point in them getting involved until they could make proper runs on Breaker Epsilon. The Titan, London and Pegasus, working as a highly coordinated unit began making their way towards the base, blasting a pair of frigates that got in their way. The other vessels began to follow the fast capital ships, all moving towards their objective. The Haegmonians, being in such close proximity made this difficult, maneuvering into their way and blasting away with laser fire and a few hastily loaded mass driver rounds that penetrated the spheres of the Neptune’s golden shielding and blew up on their hulls, melting metal and armour plating with their miniature, inferno-hot explosions.*

Colour Squadron Red

The main battering ram. Their job is simple, if not necessarily easy. They must eliminate any resistance from enemy vessels there may be.

1 ‘Jupiter’ Class Battle Cruiser
3 ‘Mercury’ Class Patrol Cruiser
Peregrine – Light fore armour damage
Nightwing – Light fore armour damage
4 ‘Cougar’ Class Combat Destroyer
Andromeda – Light starboard munitions damage, Light starboard hull damage
2 ‘Lynx’ Strike Frigate
5 ‘Wildcat’ Class Combat Frigate
Genesis – Heavy engine damage, Medium munitions damage, Heavy port armour damage, Light general armour damage.

Lieutenant Commander Incom 'Bakan' Morgan
Ship Name: Redemption
Class: Mars Class Heavy Cruiser
Notes: Lieutenant Commander Morgan is in command of a key vessel in Red Squadron. Along with the Phoenix, he provides the main sector of firepower in this group.

Lieutenant Commander John Caspian
Ship Name: Liberty
Class: Neptune Class Strike Cruiser
Notes: Lieutenant Commander Caspian has another key craft. The Neptune’s new design makes it an excellent coordination ship, in addition to its heavy weaponry.

Lieutenant Commander Gordian Ross
Class: Century Class Heavy Destroyer
Notes: As with all ships of this squadron, Ross is required to destroy as many of the enemy as possible.

Lieutenant Commander Jorge Sanchez
Ship Name: Merrimack
Class: Lynx Class Strike Frigate
Notes: Lieutenant Commander Sanchez will fight as the battle demands. Further orders will come from Captain Jaeger when enemy forces are known.

Lieutenant Commander Triolus Harbinger
Ship Name: Fate
Class: Jaguar Class Anti-Fighter Frigate
Notes: Lieutenant Commander Harbinger will fight as the battle demands. Further orders will come from Captain Jaeger when enemy forces are known.

Objectives:

Primary:
1. Destroy, disable or capture all enemy ships. INCOMPLETE

Secondary:
1. No ships lost. INCOMPLETE

*Red Squadron jumped in right after Yellow, and right on top of the main group of Haegmonians. The double surprise caused the main battle group to mill about for several moments, until they could refocus, under the direction of their flagship, a ‘Bravo’ class battle cruiser. This massive vessel was the main target for the squadron’s own cruisers, except the Phoenix who held back, charging its ion beams and PDC. The four ‘Tiger’ lance frigates did the same, as well as the ‘Gunmetal’ destroyers, hiding in the shadow of their larger brothers. It was the Peremptory that led the spearhead through the enemy formation, forcing it to break up enough for both the other Red squadron members and those ships joining the battle from Blue squadron to take the fight fully to the enemy. The fantastic lightshow continued, lasers of all sizes as well as the sleek, swift forms of missiles and the shard-like shapes of mass driver rods creating and glinting off light. The entire battle was lit up in a hail of bright confusion. The rest of the fighters joined the battle, weaving amongst the weapons fire to blast the first Haegmonian strike craft that managed to deploy. The first significant damage was suffered by the Genesis when it flew through the oncoming blast of a heavy laser cannon, blowing open several or its port side compartments and crippling her maneuvering. The battle continued all about though, with no signs of abating anytime soon.*

Haegmonian Confederacy Forces

Group 1 (Defending Asteroid Base):

1 ‘Breaker Epsilon’ Asteroid Facility

1 ‘Bravo’ Class Battle Cruiser
2 ‘Delta’ Class Patrol Cruiser – 1 Light fore hull damage

2 ‘Echo’ Class Heavy Destroyer
5 ‘Foxtrot’ Class Combat Destroyer – 2 Heavy munitions damage

9 ‘Hotel’ Class Combat Frigate – 1 Engines disabled
6 ‘Indigo’ Class Anti-Fighter Frigate – 1 Heavy munitions damage
5 ‘Juliet’ Class Lance Frigate

5 Squadrons of Fighters – 4 Craft destroyed, 4 Craft damaged
5 Squadrons of Heavy Fighters – 2 Craft destroyed, 3 Craft damaged

Group 2 (Main Group):

2 ‘Bravo’ Class Battle Cruiser – 1 Light hull damage
3 ‘Charlie’ Class Heavy Cruiser – 1 Light munitions damage, Light armour damage
2 ‘Delta’ Class Patrol Cruiser

1 ‘Echo’ Class Heavy Destroyer
3 ‘Foxtrot’ Class Combat Destroyer – 1 Medium fore armour damage
3 ‘Golf’ Class Torpedo Destroyer – 1 Heavily damaged

9 ‘Hotel’ Class Combat Frigate - 1 Drifting, 2 Light munitions damaged
6 ‘Indigo’ Class Anti-Fighter Frigate
6 ‘Juliet’ Class Lance Frigate

10 Squadrons of Fighters – 7 Craft destroyed, 2 Craft damaged
10 Squadrons of Heavy Fighters – 3 Craft destroyed, 4 Craft damaged

Objectives:

Primary:
1. Kill the lot of you.

Secondary:
1. Escape, get reinforcements, come back, kill the lot of you.

ooc// OK, your turn . Post as many times as you like between DMs //ooc

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 17:46   #58
General D. Eath
General Extraordinaire

General D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really nice

[ooc]no reports of the Haegmonian forces for blue group?[ooc]

[13:32:16] <mintos> girls are hot ok

[22:47] <Sir_Walrus> Homoerotic innuendo just isn't as fun without Heiro.
General D. Eath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 18:04   #59
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Gordian pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Shit."

He stood up, took a deep breath, and began with the orders.

"Alright. McWatt(Helm), bring us in toward those Golf class destroyers in the main group, crossfire evasion beta pattern. Havermayer(Weapons), charge up everything. Try to hit the damaged one with both ion cannons, that should take it straight out. I hope. Full laser and missile fire concentrated on one of the others, and use the mass drivers to pop any torps they send at us. Nately(Comms), try to reach the Andromeda, ask them to join us. As for the Haegmonians...Send out a general message: "Which one of you bitches wants to dance?". Aarfy(Tactical), i want regular updates on shield, hull and weapon strengths. Everyone got it?"
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 19:44   #60
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

"...and we're there!"

The Strider most succesfully jumped into the system, not entirely in the front, but not in the back of the formation of her Color Squadron either. Her weapons had been charged already and upon arrival, Sensors quickly found the gunners a close-by target. All the Mass Drivers and Standard Missile Batteries, along with the two normal Laser and three Pulse Laser Cannons aboard the Strike Carrier quickly unloaded into it.

"Initial salvo fired."

"Launch bays are go."

"Launch our Alpha's, the rest can wait. Pulse Lasers, Needlemissiles and Light Mass Drivers to point defence."

"Gunnery crews acknowledge."

"Shield status?"

"Shields are up and holding sir."

"Targets for our main weapons?"

"Fire at targets of oppertunity for now."

"Aye aye."
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 19:54   #61
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

Flaag is infamous around these partsFlaag is infamous around these partsFlaag is infamous around these parts

"Sir, what are our orders?"
Triolus thought for a moment. "Well, i can either read out the usual load of rubbish from the Athena, or give you the summarised version, which would you prefer?"
All the people on the bridge instantly called out for the short version.
"We go in, we stay alive, and we take out enemy ships until we cant move because of the wreckage, if the opportunity arises to capture some, we take it. Any questions?"
There were none, and everyone filed out of the bride to prepare and relax.

/ooc/ how will capturing ships work? and is it an option availiable to all ship classes? /ooc/
Flaag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 19:55   #62
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

*Watching the monitors, Lt. Cmdr. Bakan smiled as the the Earth forces caught the enemy with their "pants down" so to speak. His crew were trained enough to automatically raise the shields and have the weapons fully charged and loaded before hostilies commenced, thus giving the Earth ships a small advantage. As the ships started the fire, the smile turned into a frown as one of the Earth ships, Genesis suddenly took serious damage.*

Bakan: "Helm, move us into a flanking position of the Genesis, covering her Port flank. Comm's, order her to fall back towards the relative safety of the rear end, while keeping her Port flank away from the enemy. Request assistance from other ships as well in covering her. Engineering, I want our shields extended and merged with the Genesis until she is relatively clear of us."

*With a flare of engines, the Redemption slowely moved forward, her massive bulk moving towards the damaged Genesis, using her own mass to cover the Genesis's port side.*

Engineering: "Shields extending, though it is weaking our overall shield strenght."

Bakan: "We only need them like this for a little bit. Weapons, designate one of our Needlemissile Batteries towards covering the Genesis. Continue to do so until she is clear of the engagement field. The other Needlemissile battery I want on anti-fighter and missile cover of ourselves, keep the skies clear."

Weapons: "But what about the rest of our weapons sir?"

Bakan: "I want them to do a full alpha-strike on the ‘Bravo’ Class Battle Cruiser with no damage thus far. Target ALL remaining weapons on her engines, I want her drifting, and preferably killing her own crew. Comm's, request that other ships join us in a full Alpha-Strike against that Battle Cruiser."

Comms: "Sending request aye."

Weapons: "Locking on sir, we have target!"

Bakan: "FIRE!"

*The Redemption opened fire, her 2 Heavy Mass Drivers and 3 Medium Mass Drivers starting the volley, due to their high precision and immunity to shields. They metal explosive rods streaked through space and impacted against the hull of the 'Bravo' Battle-Cruiser, creating giant explosions along her hull where her engine systems were. Following closely behind them came the blasts from the 4 Laser Cannons and 4 Heavy Laser Cannons, the destructive energies striking the shields of the Battle-Cruiser, and hopefuelly onto her hull. Finally, the 5 Standard Missile Batteries fired their first volley of the engagement, the slower-moving missiles streaking towards the target area in a spiral formation, designed to make it harder for them to be intercepted, at the cost of some accuracy.*

Weapons: "Alpha-Volley away, beginning reload of mass drivers and missiles."

Bakan: "Have the laser cannons switch targets, the heavies going after the nearest target of opprotunity, preferably one that's getting to close to Genesis, the rest switching to point-defence. Let me know the SECOND you have mass drivers and missiles back online!"
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 19:56   #63
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

Flaag is infamous around these partsFlaag is infamous around these partsFlaag is infamous around these parts

oops, didnt notice the thread had started, will do a combat opening post later
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 21:26   #64
Disrupter
Sniping pigeons

Disrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to all

The Appocalypse Dawn pulled out of Hyperspace with the rest of the Blue Squadron. Lt. Commander Duke flew off his chair and started yelling orders to anyone around him when he saw the other fleet. They were by no means prepared and some were almost instantly down before they knew that Earthguard had arrived. The Dawn fired off a salvo of missiles and then Duke took over firing commands.

"Firing control, fire all four ion cannons at the closest ships engines. All other lasers due the same to the second closest ship. Mass Drivers, fire away at all guns vivsible on the closest ship."

Duke looked up and watched the scarlet lasers pour from the Dawn and into the shields of the second closest ship. He smiled as he watched the blue ion cannon beams lance out and into the Aft shields of the closest ship.

"Missile control, get locks on all of the smaller craft, mainly fighters. You may fire at will."

He looked up again to see streaks of white fly off at incoming fighters. He also noticed that some flew off in the shields of some small craft.

"Engineering, drop aft shields to 50 percent, reinforce the bow, port, and starboard shields. Take whatever energy that isnt being used and put it into the lasers."

Duke looked down on the display of the ship and watched as the shield percentages changed. So far there wasn't alot of return fire, let alone shield damage.

"Ryan, take the ship threw their formation, break it apart and let us use their crossfire agaisnt them. Bring us in at one and a half times normal cruising speed."
"Aye sir."

Duke fell back into his chair as the Dawn leapt towards the middle of the enemy formation. The laser fire poured into the other ships and the Dawn approached the edge of the formation.
"
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 21:50   #65
Ryon Jkar
Prince of the Dawn

Ryon Jkar is infamous around these partsRyon Jkar is infamous around these parts

Ryon J'Kar only laughed when he saw his tactical battle screen after the jump. His crew had already powered up his shields and weapons like he drilled them to do, over and over and over and over again. They did it flawlessly and he already noticed several enemy ships being blown apart by Earth-ian.. fire.

The scanner then picked up a group of ships heading for the minelayers. No. 1 quickly jumped to his feet. "Sir, I am detecting a group of ships heading for the minelayer, they are also being supported by a foxtrot destroyer!"

Ryon looked at his battle screen and ordered outloud for everyone, "I want to see that destoryer down before anything else. Fire all weapons, one after another. Let's break thier morale before we break them! Show me what you have crew! We are the Revenant... let them fear us!"

Even as Ryon finished his words, the great Cougar Destoryer opened up full weapons onto the foxtrot. First the 2 medium mass drivers exploded from thier mounts, followed by the heavy mass driver. The laser and pulse cannons then both erupted firing explosive energy that split the distance between the two destoryers in seconds. Lastly the three missle batteries then unloaded thier payloads. The missles rocketed through the air with awesome accruacy.

No. 1: "All weapons fired sir!"

Ryon smiled and his eyes were ablaze with excitement, "I want a damage report and weapons recharged as quickly as possible!!"
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 22:12   #66
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold

The Valkyrie jumped in at the rear of yellow squadron, aiming to stay clear of the fighting. All the non-essential systems on board had been shut down, trying to make the ship as invisible as possible. The bridge was dark, only the back-up red lighting was online.

Helm: "Jump sucessful. We're at the rear of the formation sir"

"Good. Keep us at the back for now. Avoid combat. Mr Anderson (Comms), open a channel with the Harriden."

Anderson: "Aye. Channel open"

"Sir. This is Lt Commandr Sharpe of the Valkyrie. Requesting the company of two frigates to mask our approach to the asteroid base. Suggest have them make an attack run past the base, so we can land unseen. I also request sensor data on the base. We'll need to know the best place to land. Valkyrie out."

"Helm. Plot a course round this fire fight and for the astrroid base."

Richard flicked a switch on his command chair.

"Attention. Attention. We've entered the target area. All Dragoons prepare for disembarkation. All personal prepare for boarding actions. Repeat, all personal prepare for boarding action."

The dark shape that was the Valkyrie drifted slowly at the back of the mass of Earth ships, as it waited for its chance to dart forward and do its job.

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Ghetto Master Ellis says:
Heil Crazy!
Crazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2004, 00:55   #67
KlavoHunter
RP cnut

Jorge looked up as the pretty blonde at helm, Ensign Jone, made her report.

"Hyperdrive engines charged and ready... in formation with Red Group."

"All right, then..." Jorge ordered, "Sychronize countdown from Athena for jump time."

"Done, sir... hyperdrive jump in five."

"Four... Three... Two... One..."

"Engaging Hyperdrive!"

Merrimack disappeared from normal space alongside the rest of her squadron as she bored her way through otherspace in her oen private Hyperwave tunnel, cutting the ship off from realspace entirely for a long minute.

"Tactical, I want you to be able to release all guns on-target the instant we're out of hyperspace. Gun crews on immediate standby for reload of the Mass Driver..."

"Aye, sir! Alpha Strike targetting already prepared... We'll give those Haegemony bastards one hell of a pop when we exit hyperspace!"

"I expect nothing less... five seconds to hyperwave tunnel exit... Ensign Jones, be ready on evasive after the Chief here has his guns away."

"Aye... hyperwave tunnel exit, NOW!"

With a sedate change of lighting, Merrimack streaked into realspace, and in unders a second had her targetting lock, cutting loose with long laser bolts and the streak of the linear-accelerated Mass Driver rod, followed up by the noiseless roar of a missile salvo burping out of the frigate's underslung Missile Pod. The fleetwide Battlenet took ove, quickly disseminating the effects of the weapon hits, and dictating evasives and new targets.

Two decks below, a sweating gun crew hefted a weighty Mass Driver round onto their shoulders from the loader rack, assisted by some light AG units. Yelling at the top of his lungs, the loading crew supervisor directed them to step forward several times, each man as one taking a long stride forward. Another bark of an order made them roll the huge round off of their bodies and down into the half-pipe tube that lead to the linear accelerator for the round. Already sweating and sore, the men moved to get the next round to load to keep up with the maximum rate of fire that Merrimack's Master Gunner demanded.

Jorge leaned forward in a predatory stance, looking forward at the screen and readouts from the Battlenet, analyzing them quickly. There was a request from one of the Cruiser commanders to focus fire on the uninjured enemy Battlecruiser, but he ignored it, as a Medium M.D. round was hardly the sort of firepower you pounded at a much heavier ship. Lynxs hunted big game, but not Grizzly bears.

"Request to Unicorn and Ghost.... concentrate our next salvo of Mass Driver fire on that damaged Golf, let's see if we can't tear that ship in half! Then, concentrate secondary batteries on the Hotel whose weapons are damaged, we're not packing enough other than the 'Driver to damage anything bigger."

"Ghost acknowledges request, as does Unicorn... unknown if they will be firing with us. Cicero's guns are locking onto the enemy Golf squadron as well"

"Regardless, concentrate fire with them, and fire the main gun!"

"Mass Driver round away!"

The menacing barrel of Merrimack's Medium Mass Driver cannon flared with plasmafied space dust around the gun's muzzle as the round tore out at blistering velocities, streaking away towards the damaged Golf Torpedo Destroyer. Before the effects of the shot were seen, Merrimack swung out of the path of a long stream of Laser fire directed at it, coming into line with the Hotel frigate they'd targetted.

"Missile pod reload complete, Lasers have lock, sir!"

"Give them both barrels, Chief Gridley."

"Firing...!"
The twin-mounted Laser Cannons, one on each side of Merrimack's hull, pulsed to life, sending invisible energy blasts along to the target, except where they met up with some dust or debris, and flashed into being for an instant before disintigrating the offending dust. The missile pod again spat out a salvo of missiles at the damaged, evading Hotel frigate.

"Guns on reload!"
Unread 27 Jul 2004, 02:40   #68
General D. Eath
General Extraordinaire

General D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really nice

*The Nightrunner made the jump slightly after the rest of the fleet. upon reentering realspace, the bridge crew had front seats to the best fireworks display in ages. The stealth system keeping the ship near-invisible, Derrick was in no rush to join the battle. He began issuing orders in a cautious relaxed tone*

Keep it silent ladies. I want gunners on standbye. No rounds leave this ship unless I say so, understood?

*The comms blinked on and the Gunning officer responded in the affirmative. Derrick surveyed the battle*

Bring the ship down below the plane of battle and kill the engines. Get a message out to the other ships in the group. Request that they take out enemy engines if possible, and get the word back to us. Get our troops ready for battle. we board the first chance we get.

Unread 27 Jul 2004, 19:55   #69
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

After the jump the weapons on fate were quickly charged, and a stream of orders was shouted across the bridge
"Get the mass drivers locked onto the nearest targets, fire when ready, keep those lazers firing, target the fighters whenever possible, is the needle battery ready yet? Why not? Well hurry up, and fire as soon as possible, try to take out their engines, let the other ships pick them off"
Triolus paced across to his command chair and took a sip from a glass of water there, smilin as on the display screen he saw the needlemissiles swarm towards a fighter.

/ooc/ sorry about the short post, i'm having a busy week, going on hols on fri /ooc/
Unread 28 Jul 2004, 21:42   #70
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Operation Returning Wrath

This tactical combat feed is certified as to be from Admiral Takena Kincade, commander of the MCF Athena and master of the 4th Fleet of the Earthguard. Location of relay from MCF Athena is 0.5 lightyears from the edge of Haegmonian territory, Revastus Nebulae.

Now Transmitting...

*Admiral Kincade watched the battle feeds from the various ships he had sent into the battlezone. So far it all seemed to be going quite well, the Earthguard forces had jumped the Haegmonians rather easily, catching them off guard. Now all that remained to be seen was how the battle played out. For the moment though at least, reinforcements would not be required. Takena sat down to watch the rest unfold.*

BATTLENET ACTIVE

Colour Squadron Blue

Blue Squadron is to be deploying the GravWell mines and maintaining them. If any craft tries to flee the system by any means, they are to deal with this threat to our mission

Leo - Light fore hull damage, light ventral hull damage
Isis – Light munitions damage, light starboard hull damage, medium port hull damage
Starlight – Medium Fore Armour Damage, light munitions damage
3 ‘Lynx’ Strike Frigate
Ares - Medium hull damage
Lightbeam - Light hull damage
Delta – Medium hull damage
Remus - Heavy fore hull damage, medium munitions damage, light propulsion damage
Retribution - Light hull damage
Darkside – Medium hull damage

Awards: 1 'Foxtrot' Destroyer Disable Partial Credit
Report: Firing ion beams before they're fully charged massively decreases their damage potential. Missiles are generally ineffectual against fighter craft, except needlemissiles, which have done some damage. Ion beams, mass drivers and missiles now reloading. Your laser fire pours into the shields of the nearby 'Delta' cruiser, not causing any real damage, but certainly starting to drain it. The mass driver fire fairs better though, blasting into the rear armour. Unfortunately, the rounds do not enter the entire vents. On the second target though, the 'Foxtrot' destroyer moving towards the Sparklers, your fire cooperates with other vessels, including Les Revenant and Javelin. This combines to cause its engines to go critical, detonating and leave only three quarters of the ship left, drifting. Laser fire is coming in, but nothing serious yet besides a glancing blow from a medium mass driver round, which explodes on your starboard hull, blowing off a patch of your armour.

Report: No ship has managed to pinpoint your location yet. Under normal circumstances it would be only a matter of time, but here the Haegmonians were otherwise occupied from chasing sensor ghosts. The lightshow was really something, even though some of the lasers had to be dodged even a short way out. Getting hit would be very bad for the stealth coating. Your sensors report that there are three possible targets for boarding: A 'Foxtrot' with its engines blown off by other members of Blue squadron, a drifting 'Hotel' class blasted during the initial strike and 'Golf' about to be finished off by joint Red and Blue forces. A quick comm might save it though if you chose.[/b]

Report: Your fire is fairly effective, in that with assistance from the Apocalypse Dawn and [i]Javelin[/i the armour plating protecting the vulnerable engine vents is eliminated by mass driver and laser fire, melted away leaving it exposed. This leaves your missiles clear to fly straight into the exhausts, and detone the drive. The entire rear end of the ship exploded, leaving the rest unpowered and out of the fight. Your sensors see a mass round from the 'Delta' chasing the Sparklers impact on Apocalypse Dawn, but not cause serious damage. However, you have your own problems to deal with, as your sensor officer shouts out that you have a pair of 'Juliet' frigates on your tail, trying to immitate the manoeuvre you used on the 'Foxtrot' by firing there lasers into your rear armour. No serious damage yet, but if they manage to fire off their ion beams, that could change quickly.

Objectives:

Primary:
3. Any communications that might penetrate the Revastus Nebulae must be prevented. INCOMPLETE

Secondary:

*The Einstien and Nerti each dropped another mine, now tasking their engines to the maximum in an attempt to escape the small pursuing squadron of Haegmonian craft. With the 'Foxtrot' from the group eliminated, they wer beginning to break up, but they were still a threat, as proved when the 'Bravo' fired a heavy laser awfully close to the Nerti. It didn't harm the fragile ship, but it was damn close. Fortunately the frigates would outrun the lumbering battle cruiser fairly quickly, and the heavy guns wouldn't be such a problem for long. The smaller frigates though were easily keeping up, only being kept at bay by Blue Squadron's own frigate groups. The Ares, Remus, Lightbeam and Retribution pounced on a pair of 'Hotel's, engaging them in a flurry of laser fire that ended with both Haegmonian frigates eliminated, one detonating a blaze of fire and the other disabled. The Earthguard craft did not escape damage though, each ending up with their armour reduced. The rest of the squadron also continued to give a good account of themselves, preventing serious damage to ships or the mines that had already been deployed, at least for now.*

Colour Squadron Yellow

Typhoon - Light port hull damage
Leo - Light munitions damage
Titan - Light fore hull damage
London – Medium starboard hull damage
Zeus – Light ventral hull damage
Dublin – Light dorsal hull damage
Endeavor - Heavy fore hull damage, heavy ventral hull damage, medium port hull damage, heavy dorsal hull damage, light engine damage, medium munitions damage
3 ‘Lynx’ Strike Frigate
Arrowhead - Medium hull damage
Freedom - Light hull damage
Firestorm - Light hull damage

Report: Your intial fire assisted well in further damaging the 'Delta' that had already taken a few hits, and your Alphas are in space. However, it's hard to tell what damage the rest of your fire did, since it wasn't focused on any one target. Of course, it was not unhelpful, and probably contributed to the destruction of several of the frigates from Haegmonian group 1. Several glancing laser rounds impact on your starboard hull as a 'Hotel' runs past on an attack run. Its twin begins to follow it in, weapons charging.

Report: The Harridan acknowledges, and assigns the frigates Neolith and Zeta to make an attack run to cover you. The plans come through a moment later, revealing that there are several potential locations for a boarding action, including the main hangar, what looks like an old refining station on the other side of the asteroid, and a glass domed observation desk, which could be easily blown out. The Neolith and Zeta begin their run, the rest of the fleet slowly pushing up behind them, so you'd best make a decision fast.

Report: Your crew continues to reload weapons, having not been given any specific orders. However, this won't do for long, as there's and undamaged 'Echo' destroyer bearing down on you from the port side. Several laser shots scar your hull, but the armour holds, at least for now. You're lucky that they fired their mass drivers into the nearby Endeavor just before heading for you, for they're now in the middle of a reload cycle, and all of your guns are ready.[/b]

Objectives:

Primary:

Secondary:
3. No ships from the squadron lost. INCOMPLETE

*The group continues to move in towards the base, but not yet in range of weapons. The battle follows, with the Haegmonians now fighting back in earnest. The 'Juliet's, Ion beams now charged, fired in concert at their most promising target, the damaged Endeavor, who took a battering. Pretty much out of the fight now, she began limping towards the rear of the Earthguard lines, firing off a few feeble laser blasts as it did so. This was certainly not going to be an easy fight.*

Colour Squadron Red

The main battering ram. Their job is simple, if not necessarily easy. They must eliminate any resistance from enemy vessels there may be.

Peregrine – Medium fore armour damage, Light port hull damage, light ventral hull damage, light munitions damage
Sunflare - Medium rear hull damage
Glory - Medium dorsal hull damage
Andromeda – Heavy starboard munitions damage, Light starboard hull damage
2 ‘Lynx’ Strike Frigate
Unicorn - Light hull damage
Ghost - Light hull damage
Genesis – Heavy engine damage, Heavy munitions damage, Heavy port armour damage, Light general armour damage.
Splinter - Medium hull damage

Performance: 1 'Bravo' Battle Cruiser Kill Group Organisation Credit
Report: The Genesis sends its thanks to you, as it limps, back under cover of your shields. Weapons fire meant for the smaller craft impacts on your weakened shields, but you'll live. The communication to the fleet is acknowledged a moment later, when Captain Jaeger gives the word to fire. The sheer volume of rounds and beams that blast the 'Bravo is staggering, and by the time they abate, there's nothing left of the large vessel.

Report: Your crew continues to reload weapons, having not been given any specific orders. Your ship remains a target for enemy fire though, several mass rounds and laser beams impacting on your shields. The fire comes in fairly evenly from all directions, bringing all shields to 85%.

Awards: 1 'Golf' Destroyer Kill Partial Credit
Report: The Merrimack, Unicorn and Ghost open fire a moment before your ion beams do, lancing straight through the damaged torpedo ship, and cutting the stricken vessel in half. Over the comms comes a small cheer as the first major combat vessel goes down in a chain reaction of explosions. Not even an escape pod got away from the fire. Various fire from your own and other vessels blasts a few holes in another 'Golf's side, compartments venting atmosphere. Your challenge appears to have been heard though, since two torpedoes, one from each of the remaining destroyers blasts out of their nose mounted tubes and slowly blasts through space towards you. Fortunately, your needlemissiles and mass drivers manage to take out both before they hit, but the explosion is still massive, rocking the entire ship and bringing your forward armour dropping. Another hit like like could cause serious damage, and key systems could quite possibly be exposed now.

Awards: 1 'Golf' Destroyer Kill Partial Credit, 1 'Hotel' Frigate Disable Credit
Report: There's general laughter on your bridge as the 'Golf' goes down, then a moment later when the 'Bravo' is fried in a blaze of glory, there's several 'whoop''s. Then your missile fire blasts into the 'Hotel', directly after the laser beams. Its running lights sputter and die, and you see a large hole in its side where hull was meant to be. Its brother, clearly annoyed at this turned and came at you, lasers blasting chunks off your hull armour.

Awards: 1 'Bravo' Battle Cruiser Kill Group Credit
Report: The offending fighter blows up just before it leaves the screen, and as they explosion clears you see fire from your ship contributing to the mass bombing of the 'Bravo', blowing it clear out of existance with all hands. A flight of heavy fighters makes a run on you, and only due to the skill of your pilots do you escape serious harm. Your rear armour does take some hits though.

Objectives:

Primary:

Secondary:

*The battle was going as well as could be expected, but the Haegmonians now had their own heavy weapons ready, firing their ion beams and torpedoes into the Earthguard formation. A Blue squadron craft managed to take out the torps before they could hit anything, but several ships were caught up in the blast. The ion beams also wrecked havoc, burning lines into armoured hulls.*

1 ‘Bravo’ Class Battle Cruiser

2 ‘Echo’ Class Heavy Destroyer - 2 Light armour damage
5 ‘Foxtrot’ Class Combat Destroyer – 2 Heavy munitions damage

9 ‘Hotel’ Class Combat Frigate – 1 Engines disabled, 1 Light hull damage, 1 destroyed
6 ‘Indigo’ Class Anti-Fighter Frigate – 1 Heavy munitions damage, heavy hull damage, heavy internal damage, reactor damage, drifting, 1 Medium hull damage, 1 Light hull damage
5 ‘Juliet’ Class Lance Frigate - 1 Medium hull damage, 1 Light hull damage

5 Squadrons of Fighters – 6 Craft destroyed, 8 Craft damaged
5 Squadrons of Heavy Fighters – 7 Craft destroyed, 5 Craft damaged

Group 2 (Main Group):

2 ‘Bravo’ Class Battle Cruiser – 1 Light hull damage, 1 Vapourised
3 ‘Charlie’ Class Heavy Cruiser – 1 Light munitions damage, Light armour damage
2 ‘Delta’ Class Patrol Cruiser - 1 Light hull damage

3 ‘Foxtrot’ Class Combat Destroyer – 1 Medium fore armour damage, 1 Engines disabled, power disabled, drifting
3 ‘Golf’ Class Torpedo Destroyer – 1 Destroyed, 1 Medium armour damage

9 ‘Hotel’ Class Combat Frigate - 2 Drifting, 2 Light munitions damaged, 1 Destroyed
6 ‘Indigo’ Class Anti-Fighter Frigate - 2 Light hull damage
6 ‘Juliet’ Class Lance Frigate - 1 Light hull damage

10 Squadrons of Fighters – 10 Craft destroyed, 6 Craft damaged
10 Squadrons of Heavy Fighters – 6 Craft destroyed, 7 Craft damaged

Objectives:

Primary:
1. Kill the lot of you.

Secondary:

ooc// Eath, the report's there, just Blue ssquadron and Red squadron are fighting the same guys. There are some specific enermies trying to kill the two tech frigates though, if you have a detailed read of the last DM. Flaag, yes ship capturing is available to everyone, but those with Deltas or are frigate class have the best chance, since they can get troops over to disabled vessels better. You must dock with your target vessel and deploy marines to try and take over. Ships will hardly ever be able to be used in the same battle, since the codes and such protecting the computers need to be broken through. The troops just secure the vessel and make sure it's not self destructed. For the benifit of everyone: I did say you could post more than once you know Also, sorry if the quality petered off towards the end of the post, 10 pages is a lot of writing with all these stats to keep in mind. No WAY I am DMing this again until at least next week sometime. //ooc

Unread 28 Jul 2004, 23:15   #71
General D. Eath
General Extraordinaire

*Derrick Surveyed the battlefield. Suddenly, his comms. officer shouted out*

“Sir! Three possible targets for boarding”

*The man thrusted a paper into the Captain’s hands and he studied it quickly*

Get on that radio fast. Tell those ships to back off the Golf class Torpedo Destroyer. We could use something like that. We’ll come back for the Foxtrot and the Hotel in that order. I want Engines at half power. Non-critical equipment shut down, run silent. Scramble the targets comms. I don’t want anyone besides them to know we exist Get the marines to the boarding hatch as well.

*As the captain gave his orders, the sounds of systems powering down accompanied the lights turning off, being replaced with the dark red glow of the emergency lights. The engines kicked in and the ship began to make its way towards its helpless pray. Already, Derrick could see his fleetmates leaving the target. He smiled to himself and whispered*

I see you…

*As the Nightrunner sidled up along side the torpedo destroyer, the ship was bustling with quiet activity. Silently, she latched onto the enemy ship, causing a resounding metal thud throughout both vessels. Eath punched the vidscreen to the boarding hatch on to watch as laser charges, designed specifically to flash fry a hole big enough for a boarding party to enter through in an instant, were placed on the exposed hull of the opposing ship. The marines backed up, the leader gave the signal, and the screen was blinded by an instantaneous red flash. When he was able to see the screen again, Derrick saw the marines rushing inside the hole, weapons blazing, leaving behind only enough marines needed to set up sentry guns and guard the hole. A counter-board would be especially embarrassing. Derrick and his bridge crew listened, holding their breath, to the chatter coming over from the marines. There were many yells and shouts, along with the sound of gunfire, and every now and then, a grenade. Then, all of a sudden, the captain of the marines came on the comms*

“Captain Eath, we have taken the bridge.” *A cheer rose from the bridge crew, but Eath held his hand and they quieted* “Minimal casualties taken by my group. We’ve got three injured, and it’s nothing serious. I have teams searching all the decks to gather up the remaining crew here, where they will be disarmed and prepped for shipment back to HQ to be interrogated”

Captain, is it secure enough for me to board?

“I believe so, sir. The marines at the boarding site will be more than happy to escort you to the bridge.”

Thank you captain. You have done very well. I’ll be sure you receive an excellent report when we return home.

“Thank you very much sir!”

*Eath turned to look at his comms officer, a man nicknamed Mac*

Mac, get word out, encrypted frequency, that the Golf has been captured. Temporary callsign: Prisonship One

“Aye Aye, Cap’m”

*Derrick smiled at Mac, and began to walk down to the boarding hatch. Once he arrived, he was pleased to see tech crews already busy welding a hatch onto the hole that had been blasted into the enemy’s hull. He waited for them to finish, and stepped through the newly attached hatch. Four marines were standing around, talking, one leaning on the sentry gun. Several bodies with gaping holes burned into their chests also laid around the opening. Upon seeing Eath, all four marines straightened up. Eath ignored their laziness as he couldn’t blame them. The board was perfect, textbook even. He pointed at two of them*

You and you, take me to the bridge.

“Yes sir, Captain!”

[ooc]more later[ooc]

Unread 29 Jul 2004, 00:33   #72
Bakan
To Old to Die......

*Cheers erupted from the bridge crew as the Bravo battle cruiser was vaporized in a massive explosion. As the debris flew from the site, they quickly kept up with their duties. As the deck shakes from the weapons impacts, they grab various consoles.*

Bakan: "Status?"

First Officer: "Shields holding sir, we are in the clear."

Communications: "Sir, Genesis sends her thanks, she's reporting she's clear."

Bakan: "Excellent, restore shields to their original configuration."

Engineering: "Aye sir, shields have been restored."

Communications: "Whoa..... fleet command indicates we get the credit for that Bravo kill."

Science Officer: "Uh oh, looks like those bastards finally woke up. I'm reading that their heavy weapons are being brought online and they are FIRING!"

Bakan: "Okay, we killed one of their main baddies, let's add the other one to that tally. Weapons, where we stand with reloads?"

Weapons Officer: "We almost got all banks reloaded."

Bakan: "Very well, Helm, flank speed. Take us towards the last remaining Bravo. Weapons, hold fire. Only use the needlenoses to defend us at this time."

*Her large engines firing, the Mars cruiser turns gracefully, as if ignoring the chaotic battle around her, and started to glides towards the remaining Bravo Battle-Cruiser. The Bravo, not being stupid, starts directing some of her fire towards the Redemption. The Redemption answered with her needlenose batteries, intercepting the incoming projectile fire, while holding the rest of her weapons at bay. Inside the Redemption, the weapon crews rushed about, several people luggnig mass driver rounds into the firing chambers, some taking a second or two to paint small messages. One crewmember took the time to write Suck THIS on a fusion missile right ebfore it entered the pre-fire chamber. On the weapons officer console, the various weapon indicators started to light up green, indicating ready to fire. Finally, his entire console was green, and he looked up from his targetting computations.*

Weapons Officer: "We have all weapons availeble sir."

Helm Officer: "We are getting damn close to that Bravo sir."

Bakan: "Helm, on my mark, boost our engine speed to max, and bring us down and under the Bravo, heading away from her. Weapons, when we get under that bastard, fire EVERYTHING including the kitchen sink at her, aiming towards her engine system."

*Their faces paling, for such close manuvering was risky, and firing weapons at the same time was almost unheardof. Still, they followed their orders, with the Helm officer tightening his safety restraints, and the Science Officer crossing himself, and the weapons officer distracting himself with getting the targetting sensors aligned and the weapons charged. On the main viewscreen, Bakan watched the Bravo grow larger and larger, her weapons firing, but the Helm officer manuvered the ship around, making them difficult to hit, and the weapons used the needlenose batteries to shoot out those that were getting to close. Getting close enough to the point where the individual viewports were visable on the Bravo, Bakan thrust his hand now.*

Bakan: "Helm, DUCK! Weps, FIRE!"

*Pulling down on the control stick, the Helm officer sent the Redemption into a full powered dive. At the same time, as they passed under the Bravo cruiser, the Weapons officer, hit the buttons, firing all of the main weapons into the underside of the Bravo cruiser. The Mass Drivers struck the underside, creating large explosions along the hull. The lasers followed shortly, with the missile batteies emptying their payloads. The Redemption then entered a dangerous race to avoid both the shockwave of the weapons detonating, the return fire from any enemy vessel, or hopefuelly, the shockwave of the Bravo cruiser exploding into billions of pieces and flames.*
Unread 29 Jul 2004, 00:56   #73
KlavoHunter
RP cnut

OOC: Jesus Christ. Yahoo Messenger ate my post!!!! ARRGH!

Second, I don't resolve combat or weapons strikes by myself - an old habit from other RP forums where you don't do that... so I'll let PK resolve all of my damaging actions and such. I post what I'm doing, he posts the effects.

IC:

"Awllll-RIGHT!" Gunnery Chief Gridley yelled out, as the dense hypervelcocity explosive round tore into the Golf destroyer in concert with two other rounds off of Unicorn and Ghost, breaking the vessel's spine, leaving it to drift in two different directions. Seconds later, his cheeers were joined by that of the rest of the crew as the Bravo battlecruiser was eaten away by the masssed barrage of most of the squadron.

As Cicero's Ion Beams engaged another Golf, Merrimack's guns were cutting loose on the unsuspecting Hotel that swooped by. Moments later, after the splash of laser cannon fire stripped away her rear armor, the huge ship-killer missiles struck, and blossoming explosions ripped through the frigate's rear. When the explosions died off, the entire rear quarter had a chunk torn out of it messily, and the frigate was adrift.

Amidst the cheering as three ships went down in rapid succession, Jorge turned on the ship's Allcall.

"Now hear this, all hands. Three Haegomony ships are down... two by our hand!" he roared across the ship's intercom, provoking cheers from the entire crew. Mere moments after, the ship shuddered with the strikes of the second Hotel's laser cannons.

On the bridge, crewers steadied their arms on their consoles as the seat restraints held their bodies tight. In the MMD compartment, two of the sweating loading crew fell down as they reached the rack of Mass Driver rounds, but as nobody was lifting one of the rounds, nobody was injured.

Jorge snapped his attention back to the battle that offered itself, and cursed lowly. "All right, so he wants to play, hunh? Call in a request for a squadron of Beta's to assist us... we're outmatched unless we play this right."

"Aye... request put into the Battlenet."

"Guns, I want a circular spread of fire from the Missile Pod. Box him in, make him not be able to maneuver so much... and then we ram the Mass Driver straight down his throat!" Jorge ordered, a manic glint entering his eye.

Normally, any Mass Driver other than a Light was more or less inappropriate to attacking frigate-sized craft, but this just might do the trick, as the Hotel's close-in firepower outmatched Merrimack's.

Ensign Jones' hands flew over her helm controls, working the ship through evasives, allowing time for a snapshot of the ships' laser cannons while the Missile Pod self-reloaded, and the MMD's loading crew secured the explosive-packed round in its loading tube. A few seconds later, reports came from both weapons that they were reloaded.

"All right, Ensign, bring us into line with the Hotel, head to head. Chief Gridley, full spread of missiles, force him to keep in the center, away from our missiles... Lasers on standby to shoot down any incoming missiles from them, and then feed the MMD right down his throat when the missiles surround him." Jorge ordered, suddenely remembering with some embarassment that he didn't even know know if the Hotel even packed a missile battery - though the standard Frigate design packed twin lasers and a missile battery as standard, before the class-defining weapons were tacked on.

"Aye, sir... missiles targetted, and firing!"

A spread of missiles streaked from Merrimack's missile pod, and started spreading out in a more-or-less circular formation, slightly evading to keep from being shot down by any of the Hotel's weapons that were doing PD fire, if there were any. Long seconds passed as the missiles continued their flight, and then when they had the Hotel pinned, Jorge stood up, and gave a single command.

"Fire."

The barrel of Merrimack's Medium Mass Driver belched forth a single lethal slug, aimed straight into the Hotel's face, leaving it the option of taking the shot or dodging into the same missiles that killed its sister ship...
Unread 29 Jul 2004, 00:59   #74
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold

Anderson: “Signal from the Harriden. The frigates Neolith and Zeta are covering our approach. Receiving sensor data also. Multiple landing zones have been identified. Three most likely are the main hanger, a glass domed observation deck or something resembling an abandoned refining station.”

“Kelly, follow those frigates in. Engines at full. Prepare for full emergency stop once we reach the asteroid base. Get us above the abandoned refining station. That seems to be the best place to enter unnoticed.”

Kelly: “Aye sir. Engines are at full power. We’re following the frigates.”

“Mr Anderson. Link up with the two frigates. I want them firing at the same time we hit our reverse thrust. That should cover the high energy burst and stop the base spotting us.”

Anderson: “Aye sir. Neolith and Zeta acknowledge. They’re prepared to fire on your mark sir”

The small dark red slits, that were all that could be seen of the Valkyrie’s engines lit up, pushing the frigate forward. The small ship darted behind a large destroyer, ducking under bolts of laser fire, and narrowly avoiding a mass driver shot, that could have compromised the mission totally. Through an explosion, the two frigates Neolith and Zeta burst from the furball that was the fight between the two fleets. They were closely followed by the unseen frigate Valkyrie, as they headed towards the asteroid base.

Archer: “Neolith and Zeta are entering the base’s weapon range.”
Anderson: “Signals from both Captain’s. They’re preparing for evasive maneuvers. Suggest we link up helms and follow one of them”

”Confirm that and follow Zeta

Anderson: “Confirmed and sent”

The three frigates suddenly broke their straight flight path, and started dancing around the weapons fire from the asteroid bases’ defences, the Valkyrie following in the shadow of the Zeta.

Archer: “Approaching the base. Escorts are in optimal firing range”
“Signal them to fire their missiles to distract the enemy fire. See if they can target the base’s sensor array. Knock it out for a couple of minutes. Save their mass drivers and lasers until we are closer”

In space, the two escorting frigates both fired their single missile batteries. The missiles streaked through the void of space, detonating near the base’s sensor arrays, and hopefully causing all sorts of confusion to the guys inside.

Archer: “Base is at 10,000 meters!”
Richard flicked the internal comms on again.

”All hands. Brace for emergency stop. Repeat, brace for emergency stop! Anderson, signal the frigates. Open fire!”

Anderson: “Neolith and Zeta. Fire fire fire!”

As the two frigates opened fire with their mass drivers and lasers, targeted at strong points on the base, aiming not to really damage the base, just to annoy and distract it, the forward engines on the Panther class frigate Valkyrie flared brightly. Much brighter than what was normal for the ship. It decelerated rapidly, going from battle speed, to a drift. The two frigates shot past the base having done their part, and headed off to do whatever they wanted now.

On board the stealth frigate, people braced themselves as the ship virtually came to a standstill. Those sitting at their stations were strained against their restraining seatbelts, while those standing braced themselves against bulkheads and held on to placed hand-holds. A few unlucky ones, who hadn’t quite managed to hold on fully were thrown forward as the ship slowed and nearly stopped.

Kelly: “Arg. Maneuver complete. We’re at a drift sir.”
“Did they spot us?”
Archer: “Negative. The frigates were successful in decoying their sensors. We’re home free to land”
“Excellent. Number 1. The bridge is yours.”

Richard unstrapped himself from his chair and slowly rose to his feet. He winced as the straps came undone. He obviously had some bruising where they had been, from that lovely maneuver. Some others probably did aswell. He pushed the pain out of his head, as he left the bridge and headed off to where the Earth Guard Dragoons were preparing themselves for their mission.

Meanwhile, the Valkyrie slowly started to maneuvered towards the far side of the asteroid base, where the abandoned refining station was located. Slight red flares from the maneuvering thrusters turning and pushing the ship round the asteroid, and down towards the refining station.

The door to the shipboard barracks hissed open, as Richard marched through.

”Captain on deck!” barked the Earth Guard Dragoon Captain.

“At ease men. As you are no doubt aware from our rapid deceleration, we will be landing on the asteroid base within minutes. I’d like to take these last few minutes to brief you on your objectives. It is not our mission to secure the base, just to disable its weapons and secure an area for the marines to board. To this effect, I’m splitting you into four teams. Alpha team, will be made up of 30 men. Their objective is to locate and secure the main hanger. They’ll be given a nice amount of explosives, of which they are to rig to the hanger doors. Bravo and Charlie teams will be made of 25 men each. Both teams will also be taking along 5 techies. Bravo’s objects are to either locate and secure the bridge, or to locate a workstation and hack into the base’s main computer and take it over. Once that is accomplished, all doors aboard the base must be locked open. Charlie’s objective is the base’s reactor rooms. They’re to secure it and shut down the base’s power. Once the ships power is out, Alpha team is to open the hanger doors. All remaining resistance should then be easily eliminated and the doors for the marines to land will be open. Delta team, will be made up of the rest of the Dragoon’s. They’re to remain near the insertion zone and keep it secured in case anything goes wrong. You’ll be heading in with fully enclosed combat suits. Any Questions?”

A chorus of “No sirs” resounded around the ship’s barracks.

”Attention, attention. ETA to insertion zone, 5 minutes. All hands prepare for boarding actions”

“That’s my cue for the bridge. Good luck men. And give ‘em hell!”

Richard left the ship’s barracks and headed back towards the bridge. The barracks, which had been quiet and calm, suddenly became a bustle of activity, as the men suited up and grabbed their weapons. The Dragoon Captain quickly assigned their squadrons and the men hurried to the ship’s boarding locks.

Richard jogged onto the bridge and quickly sat himself down in his chair, strapping himself in.

“Report”
Kelly: “We’re on the far side of the asteroid base. Landing zone is in sight. I’m taking us down”
“Good. Keep it slow and gentle. We don’t want to land with too big a crunch”
Kelly: “Aye sir.”

Slowly the stealth frigate descended towards the abandoned refining station, its maneuver jets firing intermittently as it slowly touched down. A docking ring lowered from the bottom of the frigate and latched onto the refining facility. The lasers in the docking ring then quickly sliced open a hatchway, which promptly feel with a clang. Almost immediately, the twenty Earth Guard Dragoons assigned to Delta Squad dropped through into the refining facility and spread out, to secure the landing and extraction zone. Shortly after, Alpha, Beta and Charlie squads followed through, each heading for their objectives.

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 29 Jul 2004, 02:39   #75
General D. Eath
General Extraordinaire

*Once on the bridge, Derrick surveyed the new claim of the Earthguard. He ran his finger across the helm of the ship and smiled*

This will prove to be very useful once its up and running again. Suddenly the comm at the captain’s leg beeped. Wondering what it could be about, Eath picked it up*

This is the captain. Speak to me.

*It was his number two man.*

“Sir, there’s a situation. The minelayers are being pursued. I think it would be best to wrap up here and see if we can take down one of the cruisers. Here’s the coords if you’d like to see for yourself”

*Cursing, Derrick moved quickly to the viewport on the bridge of the enemy ship. Punching in the locations, a picture of the two little minelayers being pursued by a large group of ships suddenly appeared before him.*

Damnit. Alright then.

*Eath turned to the captain of the troops*

Captain, is the crew here all accounted for?

“Yes sir. Everyone on this ship is either dead or in our control. They are all tied up in separate rooms, cordoned off with sentry guns set to shoot if anyone moves more than slight motions. They won’t go anywhere, I promise”

Good. Get your men off this ship now. We’ll pick it up after the battle. We have more concerns right now than maintaining a captured vessel.

*Eath hurried back to his own ship as troops rushed by him, cleaning up and returning through the makeshift airlock. Soon the doors were locked, and the Stealth Frigate was pulling away from the now lifeless Torpedo Destroyer*

Helm, set a course to intercept the group pursuing the minelayers. We’ll see what’s bothering those two the most before anymore boarding will occur.

*Eath slaps a button and begins speaking to the captain of the marines*

Captain, how are your wounded doing?

“Fine sir, thanks for asking. They should be ready to fight again, whenever that is.”

Expect it to be sooner than you think. We may be boarding ships as big as a Heavy Cruiser shortly

“We’ll be ready. I give you my word”

You’re a good man, Captain.

“Just doin my job sir”

Unread 29 Jul 2004, 14:45   #76
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

"Incoming Hotel class enemy."

"Lasers, Mass Drivers and Missile batteries, acquire target and fire."

"Aye aye sir!"

The gunners of the weapons mentioned above quickly finished reloading their weapon, should the need be there, before getting their new target in their sights. The Lasers and Mass Drivers fired first, hitting the frigate head on. The Missiles, while fired at the same moment, took slightly longer and more hit the side of the target vessel, instead of the front.

Back on the Carrier, the Pulse Lasers kept firing away at both enemy fighters and incoming missiles, as did the Needlemissile Batteries. The two Alpha Squadrons were busy hunting down enemy fighters too, spread out in groups of two, maybe three and four at most.

"Alright, lets launch Gamma. Get one of our Alpha Squadrons to escort them as they launch, we'll assign them a target once they are out there."

"Roger that."

"Sir, Delta is reports ready to launch as well, they have both troops and techies aboard."

"Tell them we have heard nothing yet about their launch time, we shall however, enquire now."

"Sir."

"Comms,, get the Harriden on the line and inform about when to launch our Delta's."
Unread 29 Jul 2004, 17:38   #77
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

/ooc/ ok, this is my last post for 2 and a half weeks, so this order stands until the end of the battle /ooc/
"Crew, fire at will, lets see if we can help take out thet other Bravo"
/ooc/ would have been longer but i have no time left /ooc/
Unread 30 Jul 2004, 05:09   #78
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Inspectre is an unknown quantity at this point

Blood . . . John could smell it, even over the acrid stench of fried circuitry. Something warm and sticky was slowly running down his face, covering his eyes. His own blood? Was that what he was smelling?

Somewhere off to John’s right, someone screamed incomprehensively. Still blind and dazed, John weakly flailed out with his right hand, hoping to find something that he could use to pull himself back up onto his feet. Finding nothing but empty space in front of him, John brought his right hand down against the floor, and used it to drag himself across the deck.

The apparent inability to use his left hand was a mystery to John, until he remembered that he had landed on it rather heavily when he was thrown from his command chair. The impact must have broken his arm, or some such thing. The slow ebb of pain leaking from where his functional limb once was seemed to confirm this. As John crawled feebly across the deck, he thought back to where it all went wrong . . .

John’s most recent task had been, with the help of a small force of Earthguard troops, to liberate a Haegmon controlled world with the help of the local populace. To that end he had been assigned as captain of an experimental stealth frigate, and placed in joint command of the operation with a general named Jake Tremain. Although boisterous and at least slightly insane, the general was a skilled tactician, and together the two of them were well on their way to liberating the planet when the bad news arrived. The 4th Fleet was ceasing all activity in the Farshot Campaign, and withdrawing immediately due to the arrival of a massive Haegmon fleet.

Although the small Earthguard force packed up and prepared to leave quickly, it was too late as a small Haegmon task force entered the system. The frigate’s stealth coating enabled John to beat a hasty retreat to the edge of the system, but once there the Earthguard force was unfortunately jumped by a Haegmon patrol cruiser. The heavier ship had been pounded John’s ship mercilessly since, and no doubt it was already swinging around for the killing blow. Unfortunately, there was nothing John could do about it, lying crippled on the floor of his destroyed bridge.

“John!!? D*mnit man, answer me! I don’t have X-Ray Vision, y’ know!!” A familiar voice called. Looking up, John tried to scan the bridge to see who was shouting, but his sight was still blocked by the blood running down his face. Apparently that was all Jake Tremain needed to find him, however, as John heard footsteps approaching, along with the litany of curses that Jake Tremain habitually spewed.

“There you are, you helpless space f***. You Navy people . . . always useless once the bullets start flying. Well come on, let’s get off this sh*t heap you called a ship.”

John felt strong arms lifting him off of the floor, and then throwing him over a broad shoulder before the general began half-dragging, half-carrying John over to the bridge escape pod.

“We can’t leave yet.” John heard himself coughing. “My crew.”

“They’re either all dead or off of the ship. And if they’re too stupid to not be either at the moment, then they’ll be the former soon enough. Now come on, I’m getting off this piece of sh*t, but if you don’t want to come along for the ride, just say so.”

Aware that General Tremain was, unfortunately, correct, John remained silent and allowed the grizzled marine to drag him the rest of the way to the escape pod, and shove him inside. Jake followed John inside, and once the two of them were fully within the pod, Jake shut the escape pod’s door and dogged it shut. With Jake’s help, John was able to quickly strap himself into one of the crash seats, and then allowed himself to begin to lapse into unconsciousness.

The last thing he remembered was Jake whooping as he activated the escape pod, sending it speeding away from the crippled Earthguard ship. A moment later, Jake cheered again, and shouted, “Haha! You see that, Johnny!? The heavy cruiser Vesuvius just jumped in, and is pasting the h*ll out of that Haegmon sonofab*tch. I knew all those favors I called in would pay off. We’re going to be alright, John . . . once again, I’ve saved all of our *sses.” John felt someone heavily slapping him on the right shoulder, and then the darkness finally claimed him.

“Sir? Sir, are you alright?”

John shook himself out of his remembrance, and looked around to find himself back in the present. What’s more, he was currently on the bridge, and the Liberty had just exited hyperspace into the combat zone.

“Ahem . . . sorry Tom, was thinking back to the first Farshot campaign . . . and how payback is way overdue.”

The tactical officer of the Neptune-class strike cruiser, Thomas Jamison, nodded and then returned to examining his screens.

The bridge shook violently for a moment as it came under light fire from all directions, weakening all of the Liberty’s shield quadrants evenly.

“Shields down to 85% efficiency in all quadrants, sir. I suggest we start shooting back.” The Engineering officer, Ted Kerensky, said.

“I concur. Tactical, which of the Haegmon ships is closest to us?” John asked, examining the sensor readings being fed into his own tactical screen.

“Looks like a Delta-class patrol cruiser, sir. It is approaching fast and is already recharging its weapons. It looks like it wants to dance with us.” Tom reported, and John grinned a shark’s smile as he examined the closing enemy contact.

“They probably think we’re just another patrol cruiser, due to our compact size. Well . . . they certainly are in for a nasty surprise. Helm, bring us about: let’s meet them head-on. Weapons, inform the mass driver crews to stand-by for fast reloading, and lock all weapons onto that Delta as soon as they come to bear. Save our needle missiles and laser cannons for shooting down any return fire from the patrol cruiser or other nearby Haegmon ships.”

“Aye sir!” Both officers reported, and the graceful Earthguard ship began to swing around to point its bow at the approaching Haegmon vessel.

“Locking on all weapons now and waiting for your command to fire, sir.”

“Let’s give them a moment to contemplate the magnitude of their error, Weapons Officer.” John said, waited a handful of heart beats, and then said, “Time’s up. Weapons Officer, eliminate that ship.”

“With pleasure, sir!” The Weapons Officer crowed, and then quickly tapped in the necessary commands. A few milli-seconds later, the computer commands were delivered to the readied weapon batteries of the Neptune-class warship, and three Heavy Mass Drivers, four Medium Mass Drivers, four Heavy Laser Cannon blasts, and two Standard Missiles streaked out at the Haegmon ship. The effect of such overwhelming firepower was devastating on the enemy warship, although it was too soon to tell if even that much firepower was enough to utterly destroy the Haegmon warship.

“Sensors, give me a reading on that patrol cruiser’s status now. Weapons Officer, get our weapons reloaded, in the event that either somebody else wants to tangle with us, or that patrol cruiser still has some fight left in her.”

“Aye sir.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
like you in your threads after about a week

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Inspectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2004, 20:33   #79
mrmao
oh...sexy...

mrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the rough

Name: Mao Win Hong
Ship name:unknown
ship class: as yet un assigned
History: Coming from a poor family (blaim China)Mao jumped at the chance when he was offered a full ride to the acadamey. He was one of the few people to get out of the Shanghi slums. He graduated showing a high affinity for stratagey but scored rather average on the tactical ship to ship part, therefor made a junior office to get used to combat a little.
Unread 31 Jul 2004, 22:32   #80
KlavoHunter
RP cnut

Heeeeeere, PK... where are yah?
Unread 1 Aug 2004, 01:18   #81
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

whoa, whoa whoa with the posting there.

Hmm... PK, i'll be away for a few weeks starting tomorrow(today, in fact). I'll try to post in the morning, but either way, put my on autopilot or something until i get back. kta
Unread 2 Aug 2004, 06:28   #82
Disrupter
Sniping pigeons

Disrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to all

ooc/ sorry, this is long over do (blaim user and computer errors, mostly user tho ) /ooc

Duke looked around and noticed something wasn't right. He watched the ion cannons fire. Their fire was much too quick and much too weak. "Shit" he thought.

"Ion crews! Cease fire! Charge the cannons to full power and hold fire until I say so."

He looked down at the weapons display and noticed that the ship's ion cannons were now gradually charging for a high powered shot. The laser blasts continued to lance out from the Appocalypse Dawn as she steered deeper into the heart of the enemy formation. Duke noticed a medium sized vessel off to the ship's starboard and decided to knock it out for good. The ion cannons had finished charging.

"Attention all missile crews, load up two full salvos. Hold all fire until my mark. Take aim on the ship to our starboard.....Fire first salvo on my mark....3...2...1...Mark!"

Duke watched as a hailstorm of missiles erupted from the Dawn and raced through space to the enemy ship. Within seconds, the missiles were bombarding the ships shields.

"Prepare second salvo, hold fire when you're ready. Attention Ion crews and Mass driver crews. Take aim on the bridge of the ship we just attacked. Hold all fire until my signal. Missile crews, fire in 3...2...1...Mark!"

Another wave of missiles rushed from the Dawn and met the shields and some hull of the enemy ship.

"Mass Drivers, fire!"

Two mass driver rounds erupted from their barrels and sailed into the unprotected bridge.

"Ion cannons, fire!"

The ion cannons hummed a little and burst to life with large amounts of beam energy. The waves of energy sailed along and hammered the bridge of the ship, boaring a nice hole into and all around it.

"Attention all smaller laser batteries, fire on the damaged ship, fire at will! Ion crews, charge another shot."

The laser batteries momentarily ceased fire and redirected over towards the damaged ship. They opened up on it and wreacked havoc on its unprotected outer hull. Small fires erupted all over the ship. Duke looked down and watched as the ion cannons reached the halfway mark.

"Ryan, what is te present statis of that ship?"
"Sir, It would appear as though it shall not make another appearance in this battle, or anywhere for that matter."
"Excellent, that is all."

Duke sat leaned back in his chair and smiled contently as he watched the Dawn's laser slowly vaporize the hull of the enemy ship.
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 00:05   #83
KlavoHunter
RP cnut

Yer week's almost up, PK...
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 20:23   #84
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Operation Returning Wrath

Now Transmitting...

*Admiral Kincade liked what he was seeing. The Haegmonians were still unable to form coherent units, mostly due to the competence of his captains. He decided that Green Squadron would jump in shortly, since the Athena probably wouldn’t be in danger. As soon the asteroid base was secure, or at least disabled, he’d jump in the reinforcements. That ought to end the battle as far as the outcome was concerned, but he had a feeling the Haegmonians wouldn’t surrender. They never did.*

BATTLENET ACTIVE

Colour Squadron Blue

Leo - Light fore hull damage, light ventral hull damage, medium dorsal damage
Isis – Light munitions damage, medium starboard hull damage, medium port hull damage, light propulsion damage
Brazil – Medium starboard hull damage
Starlight – Medium Fore Armour Damage, light munitions damage
3 ‘Lynx’ Strike Frigate
Ares - Medium hull damage
Tokyo - Medium hull damage
Vigilance - Light hull damage
Lightbeam - Heavy hull damage, light munitions damage, light propulsion damage
Delta – Heavy hull damage
Remus - Heavy fore hull damage, heavy munitions damage, heavy propulsion damage, drifting
Retribution - Medium hull damage, light munitions damage
Darkside – Medium hull damage, medium munitions damage
Bast – Medium hull damage
Seti – Light hull damage

Awards: 1 'Foxtrot' Destroyer Disable Partial Credit, 1 ‘Delta’ Cruiser Kill Partial Credit
Report: Your massed fire is noticed by the Leo and Isis who redirect their own fire to assist you in pummeling the already damaged Delta off your port bow. The ion beams cut large chunks off its armour, followed up with laser fire and several more missiles. Something obviously hits an ammunition store, since the entire thing explodes from the centre of the craft, engulfing it a hail of fire. Your bridge is rocked as laser fire hammers your rear shields, cutting short any celebrations. Sensors report a lightly damaged ‘Charlie’ Heavy Cruiser, attempting to stay behind you, where your ion beams cannot be brought to bear. Your shield indicators flare as another missile barrage blasts them, bringing the rear shields into the red.

Report: Your troops find that all of the people they’ve ‘captured’ have activated some kind of suicide function on the inside of their full body space suits, for when one of your men opens up a helmet, only a light ash is found inside. Those shot by your men have also auto-vapourised. This is something you’ve seen before, as the Haegmonians seem to not like to be captured. As a by-product, very few people have actually seen one face to face, if at all. Some have spoken to the slightly-too-large space suits with reflective black visors that they wear, but they seem to not want anyone to see their true nature. No more targets have presented themselves, and the capital vessels have abandoned their pursuit of the tech frigates, leaving only the smaller ships that were able to keep pace with them chasing. A lucky laser shot from a ‘Hotel’ knocks a GravWell mine just as it is deployed from the Nerti. It starts to spin out of position, useless. The tech frigates certainly can’t come back for it, not with the frigate pack in pursuit.

Report: Having not received any new orders, your crew continues to fight on.

Objectives:

Primary:

Secondary:

*The Einstein and Nerti dropped another mine, though one went somewhat astray (see above). All of the capital vessels have now recommitted to the main battle, realizing perhaps that the tech frigates can easily outpace them, and a pack of frigates have taken their place. Unusually, this fight between the smallest vessels of both fleets could prove the most important, since the outcome will decide whether the Haegmonians remain boxed in or not. The Earthguard ships are certainly fighting like it matters, dealing as much damage as they take.*

Colour Squadron Yellow

Typhoon - Vapourised
Leo – Light hull damage, Light munitions damage
Titan - Medium fore hull damage
London – Heavy starboard hull damage
Detroit – Light hull damage
Zeus – Vapourised
Enterprise - Vapourised
Dublin – Light dorsal hull damage, medium starboard hull damage
Endeavor - Heavy fore hull damage, heavy ventral hull damage, medium port hull damage, heavy dorsal hull damage, light engine damage, medium munitions damage
3 ‘Lynx’ Strike Frigate
Neolith - Heavy hull damage
Zeta - Medium hull damage
Arrowhead - Medium hull damage
Freedom - Medium hull damage
Firestorm - Light hull damage

Report: You watch the destruction take place (as noted below), just as your fire causes one of the ‘Hotel’ to wander into your missile barrage, sending it spinning out of control. It wasn’t out of the battle, but it wouldn’t be bothering you for a while. A couple of laser strikes on its fellow caused it to peel off and find easier pickings. Your Alphas guard the Gammas as they take off, destroying several enemy fighters trying to capitalize on their vulnerability during launch. Your strike craft report fully ready, just as a general order to pull back comes through the radio, prompting you to hold off on launching the Deltas.

Report: Your highly trained Dragoons make short work of those in the immediate area, distracted as they were by the sudden influx of almost a hundred armed men. They fan out, each moving towards their specific objectives. You watch the monitors as A-Team blasts there way through the corridors, taking what Haegmonians that were ready for combat by surprise, eliminating any resistance. The hangar appears to have little defence, and in a moment you see why. The helmet feed from the lead Dragoon shows that the base has no fighter compliment, merely a large array of transport craft. As this was the closest area, it is secured in short order, with only a few losses to the Haegmonian guns. B and C Teams don’t fair as well though, for their targets are key locations, and thus have enemy troops on hand. Though the small spaces negate the enemy’s numbers, they are getting bogged down in fighting a few corridors aways from their targets. If something isn’t done, reinforcements could arrive, causing rather a lot of problems. Your sensors suddenly register the asteroid’s rotation and the events noted below, and the mission suddenly becomes that much more urgent.

Objectives:

Primary:

Secondary:
3. No ships from the squadron lost. FAILED

*Yellow Squadron has now moved within maximum range of Breaker Epsilon. A heavy laser blast at extreme range blasted off a shower of rock, spinning it into space. Strangely, no return fire was launched in reply, which was odd, since your sensors read energy signatures akin to weapons powering coming online. Suddenly, you notice that the asteroid is re-orientating itself, bringing what appeared to be a glass domed observation station in line with the fleet. Captain Berger obviously realizes that something bad is about to happen, since you hear a yelled radio order to scatter. Inside the dome, the seats, telescope and such vanish, showing that it was just an illusion. With the fake image removed, a ball of expanding energy can be seen, glowing and growing in some kind of energy cradle. The pulsating purple power surges forward into the glass, which it becomes apparent is really some kind of focusing prism, dilating into a smaller beam. The beam hovers for a moment at the edge of the prism, then lances out through space towards the rapidly disbursing Yellow Squadron. Some of the ships failed to get out of the way fast enough, along with several Haegmonian ships too. The beam fries everything in its path, not even leaving any debris. When a few seconds later the destruction abates, sensors detect that the Typhoon, Enterprise and Zeus are all missing, presumably lost with all hands. The radio chatter starts up again after a moment’s silence, yelling at crews to get out of blast range.*

Colour Squadron Red

Peregrine – Medium fore armour damage, medium port hull damage, medium ventral hull damage, heavy munitions damage
Rapier – Light fore hull damage
Sunflare - Medium rear hull damage
Glory - Medium dorsal hull damage
Imperial – Light hull damage
Andromeda – Heavy starboard munitions damage, medium starboard hull damage
2 ‘Lynx’ Strike Frigate
Unicorn - Medium hull damage
Ghost - Light hull damage
Hydra - Light hull damage
Star Hunter - Medium hull damage
Genesis – Heavy engine damage, Heavy munitions damage, Heavy port armour damage, Light general armour damage.
Splinter - Medium hull damage
Viper – Light hull damage, light munitions damage

Performance: 1 'Bravo' Battle Cruiser Kill Group Organisation Credit
Report: When your helm completes his risky maneuvering, sensors show you that your fire has caused serious damage to the ‘Bravo’s underside, blowing off several weapons and exposing compartments to space. Unfortunately it hadn’t gone down yet though, and its shields were relatively intact, but it was still a good start. It wouldn’t be able to take much more of that.

Report: Your laser fire, even concentrated as it was, was not enough to penetrate the enemy vessel’s shields. The mass drivers and missiles were an entirely other matter though, ripping great holes in the unsuspecting Delta. The return fire was minimal for the most part, until a missile got through your shields, detonated only a tiny distance from the hull by a needlemissile. It rocks the floor, but your armour remains intact. When your fire eventually stops, it reveals that the enemy ‘Delta’ has taken severe damage, but her weapons remain for the most part intact, as she demonstrates by firing mass drivers and lasers at you, the energy beams impacting on your shields in incandescent gold flashes, but only bringing them down to about 75%.

Awards: 1 'Golf' Destroyer Kill Partial Credit

Awards: 1 'Golf' Destroyer Kill Partial Credit, 1 'Hotel' Frigate Disable Credit, 1 'Hotel' Frigate Kill Partial Credit
Report: The ‘Hotel’s commander appeared to be unable to decide what to do for a moment. It was probably something to do with this fleet being so out of the way. None of these ships could have seen action in some time, since none were reacting with any tactics that were more than average. This particular ship captain eventually worked out it might be a good idea to fire before his ship was destroyed, and you see the blaze of missiles firing in their launch tubes. However, before they can clear the tubes, the Beta fighters you asked for flash past, blazing away with lasers. In a display of excellent (or just lucky) timing and accurate shooting, the group melt the majority of the launchers shut before the missiles fire, thus sealing the explosives inside the ship. This was not so good for the ‘Hotel’, whose nose exploded in a series of its own warheads. To compound matters, this distracts them from avoiding the mass driver round, which slams into it prow, and with this combination of bombs, the ship goes down.

Awards: 1 'Bravo' Battle Cruiser Kill Group Credit

Objectives:

Primary:

Secondary:

*As the mass of ships continues to dart and weave together through the matrix of gunfire of various types, a notice blinks on every craft’s sensors, showing a massive energy discharge a short way away. If any of you cared to look out the window, you would see a lilac beam of power lancing out at the allied ships of Yellow Squadron. All you can do though is feel sorry for them, for the battle is anything but won.*

1 ‘Bravo’ Class Battle Cruiser – Light armour damage

2 ‘Echo’ Class Heavy Destroyer - 1 Light armour damage, 1 Medium armour damage
5 ‘Foxtrot’ Class Combat Destroyer – 2 Heavy munitions damage, 2 Light armour damage, 1 Vapourised

9 ‘Hotel’ Class Combat Frigate – 1 Engines disabled, 1 Light hull damage, 1 medium munitions damage, medium armour damage, medium propulsion damage, 3 destroyed
6 ‘Indigo’ Class Anti-Fighter Frigate – 1 Heavy munitions damage, heavy hull damage, heavy internal damage, reactor damage, drifting, 1 Medium hull damage, 1 Light hull damage
5 ‘Juliet’ Class Lance Frigate - 1 Medium hull damage, 1 Light hull damage, 1 Vapourised

5 Squadrons of Fighters – 10 Craft destroyed, 12 Craft damaged
5 Squadrons of Heavy Fighters – 10 Craft destroyed, 8 Craft damaged

Group 2 (Main Group):

2 ‘Bravo’ Class Battle Cruiser – 1 Light hull damage, heavy ventral hull damage, 1 Vapourised
3 ‘Charlie’ Class Heavy Cruiser – 1 Light munitions damage, Light armour damage, 1 medium hull damage, 1 light hull damage
2 ‘Delta’ Class Patrol Cruiser - 1 Detonated, 1 Light munitions damage, heavy dorsal hull damage, heavy fore hull damage

3 ‘Foxtrot’ Class Combat Destroyer – 1 Medium fore armour damage, 1 Engines disabled, power disabled, drifting
3 ‘Golf’ Class Torpedo Destroyer – 1 Destroyed, 1 Light hull damage, 1 Medium armour damage

9 ‘Hotel’ Class Combat Frigate - 2 Drifting, 2 Light munitions damaged, 1 Destroyed
6 ‘Indigo’ Class Anti-Fighter Frigate - 2 Light hull damage, 2 Medium hull damage
6 ‘Juliet’ Class Lance Frigate - 1 Light hull damage, 3 Medium hull damage

10 Squadrons of Fighters – 15 Craft destroyed, 9 Craft damaged
10 Squadrons of Heavy Fighters – 11 Craft destroyed, 10 Craft damaged

Objectives:

Primary:
1. Kill the lot of you.

Secondary:

ooc// mrmao, can you wait a couple of DMs? That way I can put you into the story much easier. //ooc

Unread 5 Aug 2004, 04:15   #85
KlavoHunter
RP cnut

Again, the bridge crew cheered as the Hotel in front of them tore itself to pieces in a brilliant set of explosions. Jorge quickly sent a message of thanks to the Beta fighter squadron that'd streaked past, and then immediately forgot about it as the battle proceeded unabated.

And then the Battlenet erupted with frantic orders among Yellow Squadron, as some purplish-hued beam streaked out of the "observation port" of the asteroid base, and completely vaporized Typhoon, Enterprise, and Zeus. The silence afterwards could be disturbed by a pin dropping, or even less.

"No more goddamn pussyfooting around... now we start reminding them who's going to win this war! Guns, lock onto that Bravo's ventral arc, let's stab them in that chink in their armor. Chief, reload the Mass Driver and Missile Pod... I want both of them going right into her at the same time. Lasers aren't going to make it past her shields at all."

"Gun Crews already have the next round in her tube, and the missile autoloaders are reporting fish in their tubes." Gridley replied, checking over his weapons console. The crews running the MMD were performing remarkably well today... almost as good as one of the autoloader systems used on larger ships with Mass Drivers. Shame that Merrimack was too small to support such a bulky system.

"Moving to firing position against the Bravo's ventral arc, sir... they'll never know what hit them." Ensign Jones at Helm reported, working the ship through a few evasive maneuvers, looping behind Liberty for cover as she dueled one of the Haegemony Deltas.

"Weapons have lock!" Gunnery Chief Gridley reported, and the burning belly of the Bravo loomed up above Merrimack's tiny frame, with a perfect set of crosshairs on it for all purposes.

"Slide our dagger right into their belly, Chief."

With a noiseless roar of firepower, Merrimack's prow belched forth one lethal round, followed by a salvo of missiles out of the pod slung under the ship's belly. A flurry of explosions stole the sight from the crew as they obscured the weapons, some other salvo of missiles from another battle meeting laser fire from another ship in front of Merrimack, also reminding the ship's helm that it was time to scoot. A light ion beam flashed by across the port side, narrowly missing.

"Juliet on our tail, thinks she can hit us with her Ions. Jones, bring us around, let's teach them that while we might be poor against other frigates, they're even worse... Dance circles around them, and pepper them with Laser fire, we'll feed them a salvo of missiles as soon as the autoloaders have them prepared."

"Aye, sir... They can't bring themselves around fast enough to hit us with the Ion cannons. Though, their other weapons seem to have some better luck, but so far..." Jones answered, looking up for a moment from the helm console, blonde hair ruffling as she did so.

"Good, just keep us going, Give the Chief openings to hit them with the laser cannons, and keep them from returning the favor." Jorge ordered, sitting back as Merrimack whipped around and around, keeping just one step ahead of the blazing weapons of the Juliet.

Bolts of laser energy repeatedly slammed from Merrimack's guns into the Lance Frigate's hull, vaporizing armor with each blow... God knows when the armor would breach, or if Merrimack's missiles would be reloaded...
Unread 7 Aug 2004, 09:15   #86
KlavoHunter
RP cnut

Oi, y'all. He updated!
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 01:10   #87
Ryon Jkar
Prince of the Dawn

Ryon Jkar is infamous around these partsRyon Jkar is infamous around these parts

Ryon J'kar looked across the screen to the main battle, then back to the beacon where the two tech frigates were dropping mines. Instantly seeing two juliet class frigates trailing them Ryon ordered immediate action.

"Lock on the frigates and smash them to hell, I want the mass drivers on one along with the missles, while the energy weapons locked on the other. Lets send em a little gift." Ryon's voice was soo smooth and commanding that everyone who heard it jumped to attention and started working on thier assignments.

The great Cougar shifted directions and shuddered as its weapon payloads were sent off toward the targetted ships. Each mount glowed as the energy weapons exploded through space.

"Once the targets are hit I want a damage report and a scan of the closest enemy ship!"
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 00:34   #88
KlavoHunter
RP cnut

Yoo hoo, other players... wake up...
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 14:34   #89
Disrupter
Sniping pigeons

ooc/ crap crap damnit crap, I though i read that DM thingy!

Duke fell forward out of his chair and hit his head on the console in front of him. He felt a sharp stinging sensation and felt his forehead. A small trickle of blood was exiting a gash in his forehead. He got to his seat just in time to be knocked down again, this time he fell over the console and onto the deck in front of it.

"Uh oh...." Ryan declared with a large hint of fear in his voice.

"What 'uh oh'?" Duke demanded as he once again dragged himself to his feet and slide down in his chair.

"Sir those blasts came from behind us, and from a "Charlie" class Heavy Cruiser." Ryan reported looking down at the sensors board. "Shields are holding, barely. We need to respond, our ion cannons cant hit it from our current position."

"Well then i suggest you change this ships position." Duke said angrily. The attacks from this new ship made him very unconfortable. "Evade them and come to a new heading so that we shoot diagonally across their flight path."

"Aye sir, preparing to move away at evasion speeds."

The Dawn rolled to one side and shot forward. The cruiser was a good deal behind it, so the ship was able to turn around without being constantly shot at. Once on its new course though, the ship was too high, and dropping it down while crossing the Cruiser's path would cause a collision.

"Sir we're coming in too high. We can only attack with half of our lasers." Ryan reported with just a hint of worry.

"Nonsense, roll the ship over and charge our shields and prepare the ion and Mass crews. Tell the laser batteries to aim at their shields, just before the bridge. Fire the mass drivers and ion cannons at the same spot. Then radio in for support."

"Aye sir, crews are responding to their orders."

Duke looked out the viewport and watched as his ship and the Charlie exchanged fire. The blue ion cannon bolts leapt forth to impact the shields, as did the laser fire. The Mass drivers, however, met their marks, give or take a few dozen meters. Considering the angle of attack and the target's size, the bridge was hardly being touched, the mass drivers did wreak havoc on what they found though.

ooc/ which cruiser is attacking me btw?
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 08:02   #90
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

/ooc/ my tactics advisor (also known as my sisters b/f) is on hols, how many fighters to a squadron? /ooc/
"How are we doing Sean?"
The officer quickly looked away from his control desk to give his report.
"We dont appear to have taken any damage yet. but we havent really done much since we destroyed that cruiser."
Triolus considered this for a moment, "Whats the situation like outside?"
"well, the last of the enemy delta cruisers has heavy hull damage, could be an easy target, one of their foxtrots is drifting with no engines or power, same with 2 of their hotel class frigates. Everything seems to be ok on our side.."he scanned the battle report "one of our frigates, the Genisis, is in trouble, her engines are almost out, her munitions arent looking too good, and her port armour has taken a load of hits"
"Can we help?"
"Theres nothing to stop us"
"Lets do it"

/ooc/ out of time, might do a combat post if i get the time, but dont bet on it/ooc/
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 04:28   #91
KlavoHunter
RP cnut

Been more than a week, PK... heh, I hunger for a DM post!
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 13:57   #92
mrmao
oh...sexy...

mrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the rough

Well i do to because the sooner you guys win the sooner i play
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 14:18   #93
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Well I hunger for more than about 5 RPer posts...

Unread 18 Aug 2004, 18:32   #94
mrmao
oh...sexy...

post dang you peole or face the tiddily wink monster
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 00:24   #95
KlavoHunter
RP cnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planetkiller II
Well I hunger for more than about 5 RPer posts...
I hunger for micro-DM posts as well... just describe what us 5 did.

Last edited by KlavoHunter; 19 Aug 2004 at 00:34.
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 00:52   #96
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

"Full reverse, FULL REVERSE!"

Fluffie's commanding and booming voice seemed to echo over the bridge as the solemn commotion caused by the destruction of three ships, just like that, had thrown the entire crew in an anarchistic and chaotic state. Their commander's voice seemed to pull them back to reality, to the fight.

"Flight Control, assign our Alpha's to guard our bombers as they make their attack run on the lightly damaged Echo class."

"Sir!"

"Pulse Lasers and Needlemissiles are to keep on point-defense. All other weapons load, lock on the other Echo class and fire."

"Acquiring target!"

Swearing he could hear his carrier audibly moan as she suddenly shifted into full reverse, Fluffie cursed. How the hell did intel not see this. There was a big ass cannon there, ripping everything apart that got too close.

"Comms, try and see if it is time to launch our assault shuttles yet."

"On it."

Turning to look at his troop commander, Fluffie nodded.

"When you launch, we'll cover you. Fly fast and try to breach their hull near that cannon, you'll take it offline or help take it offline. Try and keep it operable for our own techies though."

"Sir!"

"And don't forget to take the engineers and techies I assigned to you with you."

"Of course not. We'll prep the shuttles to launch within the blink of an eye."

Fluffie nodded, before returning his gaze to the view screen. Seeing the Strider was now beginning to move outside the cannon's firing range (or so he hoped), he saw his bombers attack one of the Echoes, while his own vessel's weaponry began ripping away at the other....
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 01:43   #97
Disrupter
Sniping pigeons

i concur with Klavo. DM us loyal to the cause PK. Dont turn your back on your few devoted followers. The ones who havent RPed are obviously unworhty of such greatness.
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 19:08   #98
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Post will be forthing coming either today or tomorrow.

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 16:00   #99
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Inspectre is an unknown quantity at this point

Although the impact from the nearby detonating torpedo rocked the bridge, John's crew had been trainned well, and they rode the impact out. Once the bridge had returned to normal from its momentary insanity, John barked, "Status report!"

The tactical officer was quick to report, delivering mostly good news. "Shields down to 75%, sir. The patrol cruiser is much worse sir, and were it not for the fact that their weapons are still reading as hot, I would say that they're crippled."

Rubbing his chin, John considered his options. He could finish the patrol cruiser off, or he could move on to another target, leaving the badly damaged ship behind. If he did that, however, it might be able to bring its weapons to bear on another friendly ship. Still, it was unlikely the patrol cruiser could survive another weapons barrage, and throwing everything at it might be a bit overkill.

"Alright, Helm, plot a course that will bring us alongside the damaged right side of the Andromeda. Weapons Officer, you have only another minute or two before we're out of firing range of that Delta. See to it that we don't need to come back."

"Aye sir." The Weapons Officer reported, sending yet more lances of laser light out at the damaged patrol cruiser, along with several more Mass Driver rounds as the guns were reloaded and came to bear on the Patrol Cruiser as the Liberty turned away from the enemy cruiser and made towards the wounded Andromeda.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
like you in your threads after about a week

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Inspectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2004, 20:32   #100
KlavoHunter
RP cnut

Come on, PK, most of us have posted! Have mercy!
*Slaps KlavoHunter with a forehead sticker named "BITCH"*