User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 18 Aug 2004, 17:19   #151
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about
Re: Planet Wars: Redux

vote: no

ooc// However, that said, the resolution doesn't even affect Hewitt's expansion. It would if he were to found another colony, but would he's already done would not be prevented. Or perhaps that was the point?

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics
Planetkiller II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 17:24   #152
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

Lakhim is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planetkiller II
vote: no

ooc// However, that said, the resolution doesn't even affect Hewitt's expansion. It would if he were to found another colony, but would he's already done would not be prevented. Or perhaps that was the point?
ooc: BraVo Mr. Planetkiller, you see, my resolution doesn't affect Hewitt, but it is for the longer term (not just him).
Know how I said I would be event DMing today? Well I was lying and instead decided to take the social life option. You'll get your DMings tomorrow, event-tually. Hohoho.
Lakhim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 17:28   #153
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about

Perhaps that should have been clarified earlier in thread, thus not almost killing the League?

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 17:30   #154
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planetkiller II
Perhaps that should have been clarified earlier in thread, thus not almost killing the League?
ooc: Now where is the fun in that?
Know how I said I would be event DMing today? Well I was lying and instead decided to take the social life option. You'll get your DMings tomorrow, event-tually. Hohoho.
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 17:32   #155
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

ooc: It would give leverage to crazy in any attacks upon those colonies in future since he could state that they were illegal in the first place and thus open to attack....

Plus I would've been continually pestered about them.

edit: Actually considering that my ships are still technically enroute in would've effected me - I would be forced by league law to turn most of the ships back.

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 17:34   #156
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

Flaag is infamous around these partsFlaag is infamous around these partsFlaag is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Dachi
First Bienniel Meeting of the League
In response to the request by the Empire of Sulphos for the League to affirm its claim to the fourth planet of the Low Reach System...
The lone Representative of New Sparta immediately rises in objection to the Sulphosi Representative's "callous and false accusations". He states that the government of New Sparta is acting "in the interests of defense of the state" and that its grounds for refusal of Sulphosi claims on the jungle planet are "to prevent this dangerous and totalitarian power from gaining any more ground". He goes on to state that Sulphos would be considerably less of a "Hell World" if its government were to recognise and respect basic human rights. President Velasquez refers the problem to the League Commission for Terriorial Claims.

The Leauge Commission for Territorial Claims quickly rules that New Sparta has no grounds to deny the Sulphosi claim to the jungle planet and, having determined that Sulphos is capable of supporting and developing the colony, dully approves the Sulphosi claim to it.

Hoping that the quick and successful resolution of this latest dispute will set a trend for the rest of the Meeting, President Velasquez moves on to the next speaker.

The General Council of the League of Planets is called to vote: Resolution 4902 as proposed by the People's Republic of Sanchean...
(It should be noted that by this time the pro-Resolution lobby has modified the terms of the Resolution somewhat to make them slightly more acceptable to uncommitted Border worlds)

Resolution 4902 of the League of Planets
CITING piracy on the North Fringe (unchanged)

POINTING OUT the difficulties in keeping the small colony New Berlin supplied (unchanged)

POINTING OUT the difficulties in keeping other colonies in the Northern Fringe supplied. (unchanged)
POINTING OUT the pandemic levels of piracy in and around the Northern Fringe (added)

CITING the unrealistic expansion by some of the newer planets as reason for this pandemic (added)

CITING the lack of those planets to keep themselves and their colony planets supplied in the event of a disaster. (unchanged)

CITING the likelihood of a restriction on trade due to the increased risk of piracy in the known star systems. (unchanged)

(one clause removed)

RESOLVED that the number of colonies a government can found is limited by a ratio of 1 colony for every 4,000 people governed or 1 colony for every 600 RM produced per month, the higher ratio being the limit (reduced)

RESOLVED that each planet must have a population of no less then 10,000 people before a new colony may be founded from that population base. (reduced)

RESOLVED that each planet owned by a government must have a population of over 4,000 people before a new colony may be founded. (reduced)

VOTE NOW!
The representative of Sulphos thanks the comission for their sound judgement, then turns to the Spartan representative and mouths "better luck next time".

Sulphos votes no to the resolution, however the representative announces his support for any proposed task force, saying he would be willing to contribute a proportion of his forces to such an undertaking.

/ooc/ wow, somehow I had a feeling it would be me that started to stir things up..../ooc/
Flaag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 17:36   #157
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt
ooc: It would give leverage to crazy in any attacks upon those colonies in future since he could state that they were illegal in the first place and thus open to attack....

edit: Actually considering that my ships are still technically enroute in would've effected me - I would be forced by league law to turn most of the ships back.
ooc: Didn't think of that. Oh well, you'd have a few, just not five.
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 17:37   #158
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaag
The representative of Sulphos thanks the comission for their sound judgement, then turns to the Spartan representative and mouths "better luck next time".

Sulphos votes no to the resolution, however the representative announces his support for any proposed task force, saying he would be willing to contribute a proportion of his forces to such an undertaking.

/ooc/ wow, somehow I had a feeling it would be me that started to stir things up..../ooc/
ooc: I don't have three rules referring to me for nothing.
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 17:38   #159
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

Flaag is infamous around these partsFlaag is infamous around these partsFlaag is infamous around these parts

actually, as the starting pop is 20k he would have just enough to get 5 colonies (4k/20k) but it would severely reduce his exploration opportunities in the near future
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 17:44   #160
Wo2
The Janitor!

Wo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to behold

[ooc] Long term? Am I the only one here that doesn't have a colony ship yet? The only thing this would do is box me in. I'm Next to SOL don't the the Badger EAT ME!

You'll note Hewitt that I didn't say what you were doing was wrong, I just gave a word of caution and said carry on. Don't think we all hate you. [/ooc]
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 17:44   #161
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Quote:

Not true actually, even if you launched with this resolution in effect, your 5 colonies would be perfectly legal. You just wouldn't be able to build more for quite some time.

Unread 18 Aug 2004, 18:02   #162
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wo2
Don't think we all hate you.
lol

Sticks and stones and all that... Don't worry about me

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 18:55   #163
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold

Votes Yes

Ooc: I feel all loney =/

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Ghetto Master Ellis says:
Heil Crazy!
Crazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 18:58   #164
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

ooc: ND trashed my beautiful bill

Don't worry, the inner planets should be with us in the end...seeing as all of the small planets (us) should vote no, except when you are just messed up like I am.
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 19:03   #165
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts

League of Planets Territorial Claims Commission Ruling: Karlak System
The League Territorial Claims Commission recognises both the will and right of Elyssium and of Teian Point to expand, and of the capability of both to do so. The League Territorial Claims Commission does, however, recognise the Kingdom of Elyssium's complaints regarding the degree to which Teian Point is expanding, and the Commission believes that Elyssium and other planets are correct in their assertions that Teian Point will be unable to develope all five colonies simultaneously to a decent level of infrastructure and to a decent standard of living for their respective inhabitants. The Commission also recognises that Teian Point is currently completely incapable of any form of defensive action., and that it will be for at least another eight months.

Bearing all of the above in mind, the Commission rules that Teian Point's claim to Karlak's seventh planet, a large rock world adjacent to Elyssium, is unlawful, particularly as Elyssium has already dispatched a colonisation mission to the planet.

The Commission rules that Teian Point's claim to Karlak's ninth planet, a large jungle planet, is lawful.

The Commission rules that Teian Point's claims to the tenth and eleventh planets, both ocean worlds of minor size, are lawful.

The Commission does not approve Teian Point's claim to the twelth planet of the system, a large gas giant. The League rules that this planet, being both prominent and on the system's outskirts, would be at risk from attack by pirates/etcetera and thus that Teian Point cannot lawfully colonise it untill it has sufficient forces to protect a colony there.
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 19:36   #166
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts
I would like to make use of this time for a question to all here present... seeing the problems with pirates and other stuff here, the suggestion of our spiritual leader, the Pope of New Roma, Herr Zappa, seems usefull to all.

He wants to set up a kind of newsstationnetwork on all planets in the league, not for television and recreational uses, but only for true newsbroadcasts, such as wars, new laws that would do best being known by everyone, declarations of independance, breaktroughs in medicine, breakouts of strange deseases, I'm sure you all know what we mean, the news that should be known by everyone.

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Zappa Tenderlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 20:29   #167
Killer-of-Lawye
ensign

Killer-of-Lawye will become famous soon enoughKiller-of-Lawye will become famous soon enough

NEw Tokyo votes nay

ooc: and waits for ND to get on so he can finish his turn 0 budget.
Killer-of-Lawye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 20:51   #168
No Dachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappa Tenderlea
I would like to make use of this time for a question to all here present... seeing the problems with pirates and other stuff here, the suggestion of our spiritual leader, the Pope of New Roma, Herr Zappa, seems usefull to all.

He wants to set up a kind of newsstationnetwork on all planets in the league, not for television and recreational uses, but only for true newsbroadcasts, such as wars, new laws that would do best being known by everyone, declarations of independance, breaktroughs in medicine, breakouts of strange deseases, I'm sure you all know what we mean, the news that should be known by everyone.
Most planets refuse New Roma's offer on the grounds that they already have their own new agencies. A handful (six) planets with considerable Catholic contingents to their populations accept the proposal.

(Seeting up the news agencies will cost $20,000 per planet)

Unread 18 Aug 2004, 20:58   #169
Killer-of-Lawye
ensign

Killer-of-Lawye will become famous soon enoughKiller-of-Lawye will become famous soon enough

Planet Name: New Tokyo
Planet Type: Earth World
Planet Size: Small (2)
Planet Government: Corporate Republic

Population: 23,000
Population Rate: 6,000
Population in Industry: 10,000
Population in Private Sector: 4,600
Population in Government Work: 7,485
Unemployed Population: 1001

Base Income: 400
Planet Size Factor: 2
Industrial Base: 1.0
Total RM Income: 800
Industry Upgrade:

Tax Rate: 2
System Size: 2
Number of Linked Systems: 3
Size of Linked Systems: 1/2/1

Trade Income: N/A
Tax Income: N/A
Total Income: N/A

Stockpiles:
682 RM
$246,000

Buildings:

Colony Hub
School - 100P
Hospital - 600P
Fire Station - 400P
Police Station - 600P
Barracks - 500P
Basic Shipyard - 2000P

Units:

Unit Class:
C-1 Gun Corvette
2 Point-Defense Lasers
2 381 mm Rail Guns
1 Small Transport Pod
800 RM, $42,000, 30 P

F-1 Space Fighter Squadron
5 40 mm Chain Guns
150 RM, $5,500, 5 P

Procurement:
3 Airbase Bases
300 RM 90 P

3,086 P
1,543 RM

1 Small Colony Ship
1,000 RM, $100,000, 1,000 P

Science Ship
1,200 RM, $200,000, 250 P

2 C-1 Gun Corvettes
1,600 RM, $84,000, 60 P

6 F-1 Space Fighter Squadrons
900 RM, $33,000, 30 P

Commercial Docks - 2,000 RM, $200,000, 500 P
Basic Sensor Array – 200 RM, $30,000, 60 P
School – 200 RM, $25,000, 100 P
College – 800 RM, $80,000, 750 P
Library – 200 RM, $40,000, 125 P

5 Light Infantry – 250 RM, $25,000, 500 P
5 Heavy Infantry – 375 RM, $37,500, 500 P
2 Military Engineers – 300 RM, $40,000, 200P
3 Military Construction Team – 450 RM, $60,000, 120P

Research

Researching:

Warfare – Double Hulled Ships
Economics - Interstellar Trade Management
Science - Advanced Computer Systems
Civics - Basic Biodomes

Completed

Warfare -
Economics - Interstellar Trade Management
Science -
Civics -

Race Advantages
Research Minded Level 1
Observers Level 1
Improved Education Level 1
Defense Contractors Level 1
Commodities Level 1

Orders: Colony ship, along with a C-1 gun corvette, 1 unit of heavy infantry, 1 military engineer team, and the science ship depart for planet 5, a huge swamp world (Henceforth known as Colony World 1). The science ship will conduct surveys, and otherwise do what scientists like to do.

Last edited by Killer-of-Lawye; 18 Aug 2004 at 21:18.
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 20:58   #170
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer-of-Lawye
NEw Tokyo votes nay

ooc: and waits for ND to get on so he can finish his turn 0 budget.
Wondering when you'd show up good buddy.
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 21:27   #171
Killer-of-Lawye
ensign

New Tokyo proposes the following division of worlds to Sanchean for the system. Seeing as RM will be a point of tension, we propose the following size based division. Sanchean can claim planets 2 and 6, while we can claim 3 and 5, giving us both comparable RM (You’ll even then still hold and advantage because of cheaper industrial upgrades, but I’ll have a slight pop advantage to counterbalance that.)

Ooc: and before you complain about your forces being split, keep in mind that these planets orbit, and for all you know 5 could be on the far end of the system from me, and 6 could be in a skewed orbit and not come to my side for 200 years. I think this is the best division that I can see that doesn’t disadvantage either of us, and prevents territorial squabbling. And of course, when my science ship pierces the nebula, you’ll know all those systems to, so there’s no need for either of us to grab as many colonies as we can and spiral into a war we both don’t need.
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 21:34   #172
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

I get 2 and 3, you get 5 and 6. Makes more sense that way anyway, as size is more of a factor in RM then planet type.
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 21:50   #173
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts
ND: do they then accept to cooperate with the other newsagencies so news does travel fast enough? so people from every planet can know where and when which pirates are active ands tuff?

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Zappa Tenderlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 22:17   #174
Killer-of-Lawye
ensign

No, The ice planet has no RM value. IT does have pop Value.
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 22:27   #175
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

what options are availiable of despotic government (at basic tech)?
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 22:28   #176
No Dachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappa Tenderlea
ND: do they then accept to cooperate with the other newsagencies so news does travel fast enough? so people from every planet can know where and when which pirates are active ands tuff?
Pirate activity levels tend to be reported by the Galactic Merchant Shipping News. It's funded by the big merchant haulers and is pretty reliable and speedy in its reportings.

The planets that refused the offer mostly cannot speak for their news agencies, most of which are privately owned and will thus report on whatever pleases them. A handful have state-owned news agencies, and state that they don't need advice from the Catholic Church on how to run their information networks.

Unread 18 Aug 2004, 22:29   #177
No Dachi

Quote:
what options are availiable of despotic government (at basic tech)?
Eh?

You mean government types?

Unread 18 Aug 2004, 22:40   #178
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

Arctic World-Very cold, very wet, though all surface water is frozen as ice or snow. ice worlds can easily support life, though sometimes suffer because people don't like living there. Ice worlds are difficult to mine as surface rocks are covered in snow, and lack raw materials.

Population Rate: 3,000
Raw Materials: 300 (300)

Ocean World - The surface consists entirely of water and ocean. Ocean Worlds are usually abundant in native life, and thus food and water is not a problem. The main problems come from building and mining raw materials.

Population Rate: 5,500
Raw Materials: 300 (900)

1200 rm
8500 p

----
Swamp World - Similar to Earth worlds, but wetter and slightly warmer. Swamp worlds are less hospitable to humans as they yield less food and are hard to build on and move through.

Population Rate: 4,000
Raw Materials: 300 (1200)

Jungle World - Similar to Earth worlds, except hotter and more humid, giving way to more fauna and a rainforest-type environment. Usually they are reasonably hospitable towards humans.

Population Rate: 4,500
Raw Materials: 450 (1350)

2550 RM
8500 P

Yeah, that looks fair. You get 1350 more RM.

Me:
Jungle World - Similar to Earth worlds, except hotter and more humid, giving way to more fauna and a rainforest-type environment. Usually they are reasonably hospitable towards humans.

Population Rate: 4,500
Raw Materials: 450 (1350)

Arctic World-Very cold, very wet, though all surface water is frozen as ice or snow. ice worlds can easily support life, though sometimes suffer because people don't like living there. Ice worlds are difficult to mine as surface rocks are covered in snow, and lack raw materials.

Population Rate: 3,000
Raw Materials: 300 (300)

You:
Swamp World - Similar to Earth worlds, but wetter and slightly warmer. Swamp worlds are less hospitable to humans as they yield less food and are hard to build on and move through.

Population Rate: 4,000
Raw Materials: 300 (1200)

Ocean World - The surface consists entirely of water and ocean. Ocean Worlds are usually abundant in native life, and thus food and water is not a problem. The main problems come from building and mining raw materials.

Population Rate: 5,500
Raw Materials: 300 (900)
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 23:09   #179
Killer-of-Lawye
ensign

Yes, I get 1350 more RM from the colonies by theirselfs than you would form yours, but you'r already getting 2,000 RM as opposed to my 800 from my colonies. Which means in the original proposal I only get 150 RM advantage, which is easily negated by the fact your industrial base grows faster.

I'm trying to work with you here lakhim...

And your calcs are off. Thats Small Ice world, so its *2. Verry small, small, Average, Lage, Verry Large. Remember?
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 23:16   #180
Killer-of-Lawye
ensign

Actualy, This matsh making my head spin. Let me review things, but If your proposal adds up then I'll take it, but I think your math is off.
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 23:51   #181
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

That about breaks even then...its a bit rough because I was doing it fast and off of memory. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 23:58   #182
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

Sooo...ND, mind posting the communist/socialist bonuses, and clearning up my question (do I get the $ penalty)?
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 01:58   #183
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Quote:
League of Planets Territorial Claims Commission Ruling: Karlak System
The League Territorial Claims Commission recognises both the will and right of Elyssium and of Teian Point to expand, and of the capability of both to do so. The League Territorial Claims Commission does, however, recognise the Kingdom of Elyssium's complaints regarding the degree to which Teian Point is expanding, and the Commission believes that Elyssium and other planets are correct in their assertions that Teian Point will be unable to develope all five colonies simultaneously to a decent level of infrastructure and to a decent standard of living for their respective inhabitants. The Commission also recognises that Teian Point is currently completely incapable of any form of defensive action., and that it will be for at least another eight months.

Bearing all of the above in mind, the Commission rules that Teian Point's claim to Karlak's seventh planet, a large rock world adjacent to Elyssium, is unlawful, particularly as Elyssium has already dispatched a colonisation mission to the planet.

The Commission rules that Teian Point's claim to Karlak's ninth planet, a large jungle planet, is lawful.

The Commission rules that Teian Point's claims to the tenth and eleventh planets, both ocean worlds of minor size, are lawful.

The Commission does not approve Teian Point's claim to the twelth planet of the system, a large gas giant. The League rules that this planet, being both prominent and on the system's outskirts, would be at risk from attack by pirates/etcetera and thus that Teian Point cannot lawfully colonise it untill it has sufficient forces to protect a colony there.
*Teian Point publically condemns the commission for it's decision making quite certain that everyone knows that the two planets denied to it are the most resource-rich in the system. However, Teian Point also decides to follow the commissions decision for now, no matter how unfair it is seen to be.

The colony ships originally headed for Karlak VII and XII are now re-directed to Karlak I and II.

Any additional discomfort caused by this re-direction on the part of the colonists is blamed on Elyssium and the weak-willed league.

Teian Point also demands compensation for the extra cost these decisions have rendered upon Teian Point.*

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 03:12   #184
Killer-of-Lawye
ensign

The New Tokyo Rep. Yawns in his seat and makes oragami out of the adgenda while listining to Teian.
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 10:26   #185
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

Quote:
Eh?

You mean government types?
yeh, that should have been from, not of :S
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 12:39   #186
No Dachi

Quote:
Teian Point also demands compensation for the extra cost these decisions have rendered upon Teian Point.*
The Commission reminds Teian Point that this desicion has not rendered it any additional expense to that which it would have incurred anyway.

Flaag
I'm discinclined to let you switch government types that easily. I mean you chose the despotic world, and it was the only despotic world. Changing it from despotism is going to spoil its character...

Nonetheless, Theocracy and Monarchy spring to mind, the latter only if you're willing to accept less control of the planet.

Unread 19 Aug 2004, 12:43   #187
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

/ooc/why would monarchy cause less control? constitutional monarchy, yes, but monarchy is just despotism with inheritance/ooc/
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 12:50   #188
No Dachi

Quote:
/ooc/why would monarchy cause less control? constitutional monarchy, yes, but monarchy is just despotism with inheritance/ooc/
Sssshhhhh. You're spoling the illusion that I know stuff about politics.

You are of course correct. However, in PW, we draw the distinction between Monarchies and Despotisms on the grounds of how the ruler behaves. A despot is mean and nasty and evil and does mean and nasty and evil things, and thus his planet incurs a penalty to $$$ revenue due to the rampant authoritarianism and the fear iinherent in the populace. A monarch doesn't do quite so many mean and nasty and evil things, and so he doesn't get a $$$ penalty.

Basically, in return for behaving hisself and keeping his A-L Scale below 7, the monarch doesn't get a $$$ penalty.

Unread 19 Aug 2004, 12:54   #189
No Dachi

All
Less OOC stuff, more IC diplomacy! It really is advantageous for you to do things like send envoys to inhabited planets in neighbouring systems to open up diplomatic channels and etc. They're not just going to leap straight into the vibrating lovebed of strategic alliance with you, but cultivate your relationship with NPC planets over time and you'll reap the rewards.

Unread 19 Aug 2004, 13:12   #190
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

/ooc/ we have vibrating lovebeds? /ooc/
Sends an envoy to New Sparta proposing that the system be divided so that they get 1 and 2, and i get 3, 4 and 5, but they can have first pick on any new systems explored, and will recieve defensive aid in the event of a pirate attack. The envoy also proposes a joint exploration effort to be sent to F-131S a year from now (if resources are availiable)
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 13:13   #191
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

/ooc/are there any inhabited planets in East-H, if so can i have some info on them/ooc/
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 14:49   #192
No Dachi

I'll get you that info in a minute.

All
For clarification, all new colonies start at Industrial Base 0.

Unread 19 Aug 2004, 15:34   #193
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Inspectre is an unknown quantity at this point

(Assuming there is time to chit-chat in between sessions of the Council . . . )

Vice Admiral Jean Besson, under orders to find potential allies for Freiland in addition to representing Freiland at the League Council, decided to make a note to speak with the Frontier 1 & New Berlin members after the most recent session. With any luck, he could convince them to join the anti-piracy alliance that Ios and Cienelle were already a part of.

- Meet with New Berlin & Frontier 1 representative, and offer them the chance to join the Frontier Alliance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
like you in your threads after about a week

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Inspectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 15:45   #194
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

Vice President Morgan also goes to various represenatives of outer worlds to see where they stood on the issues as well as work with Vice Admiral Jean Besson on seeing if they wished to enter the Frontier Alliance.
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 15:51   #195
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

The Sulphosi representative, overhearing a conversation abou the frontier alliance, requests more information.
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 17:08   #196
No Dachi

Quote:
The Sulphosi representative, overhearing a conversation abou the frontier alliance, requests more information.
I'll allow this, but...

All
From now on, if you want to contact another party in secret, you must make sure that this is clearly displayed. Anyone whose IC actions show knowledge that was passed on from one power to another in-game in secret can expect to be severely punished. Once Spies come around, you'll get the oppurtunity to attempt to listen in on secret communications. Untill then...

Unread 19 Aug 2004, 17:11   #197
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

/ooc/if they are talking between sessions of the league, suely most of the reps would be in the same room/ooc/
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 17:12   #198
No Dachi

Quote:
/ooc/if they are talking between sessions of the league, suely most of the reps would be in the same room/ooc/
Yes, but you can't just assume to have overheard it.

Unread 19 Aug 2004, 17:26   #199
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

/ooc/ actually i said overheard cos i thought you would complain about me assuming to be one of the outer world Bakan was talking to, and i am still awaiting a reply from New Sparta on my proposals /ooc/
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 17:43   #200
No Dachi

Quote:
/ooc/ actually i said overheard cos i thought you would complain about me assuming to be one of the outer world Bakan was talking to, and i am still awaiting a reply from New Sparta on my proposals /ooc/
Not at all, that would have been a perfectly valid thing to do.

As for the reply, if you'd looked, you might have noticed that I haven't actually DMed anything today. What conclusions might you draw from that?