Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 13 Jul 2004, 22:49   #51
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

AcidK has a spectacular aura aboutAcidK has a spectacular aura about
Re: Insane Fighting Arena - Championships

Next match begins sometime 2moro, Disrupter vs Ryon Jkar

Until then, lets go to our previous match's contenders and see what they feel about the score.

*A split screen came up as two commentators turned up to the private rooms of Inspectre and Flapjack and asked them the axact same question.*

So, seeing the scores as they stand now, what is your feelings towards them and about the Judge's comments?
Demand to see life's manager.
Make life rue the day it thought it could give me lemons.
Do you know who I am?
I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down!
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
AcidK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 23:03   #52
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

Flapjack quickly morphed back into his elven form as he walked through the small hall that seperated the rest of the building from the arena, as he walked out several of the spectators where apparently suprised, for where a golden dragon had gone in, an elf had come out.

Flapjack, quickly ridding himself of several interviewers, which where now to desperate with trying to put out the flames on their clothes and headed to the spectator stands, where he quickly morphed his clothes to be the usual red, for they had still been gold when he had come out of the arena.

As Flapjack took his seat, he also lifted the spell on the interviewers, upon which the flames immediatly subsided, their clothing and bodies completely unharmed

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 23:25   #53
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Flapjack

*A special interveiwer in flame-proof armour, re-enforced with laces of Adamantium, looked towards you.*

Please answer the question
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 23:51   #54
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

Flapjack looked around at the persistent interviewer, blinked for a moment, then realized how to get rid of him.

"No, I will not, you will however leave."

Flapjack quickly waved his finger at the interviewer, which promptly disappeared with an audible popping sound, only to reappear in the middle of the atlantic ocean on Earth

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2004, 10:31   #55
Ryon Jkar
Prince of the Dawn

Ryon Jkar is infamous around these partsRyon Jkar is infamous around these parts

Im back... lets do this
Unread 14 Jul 2004, 10:44   #56
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts

Up on the spectator stands sits an oddly-dressed figure. He wears a full suit of armour comprising some form of cuirass and a number of angular plates, which combine to give near-full protection. The edges of the plates are lacquered but the faces are decorated in a more elabourate way; close inspection would reveal the plates to be perforated by many tiny holes, through which are threaded coloured strands of lace. The lace is for the most part blue, although the occasional thread of gold also shows. Underneath his seat sits a rounded helmet, also lacquered blue, and alongside the helmet sits an empty bottle of coke - though this is probably less useful as an indication of the man's character. Around his waist, just above the point where the plates covering his legs meet the cuirass, is tied a silken sash, and through this sash were thrust two swords, one long and one short. The hilts of each were covered by wraps of material which, although it appears to have once been bright and impressively decorative, had long since been worn away through overuse. Having watched the match throughout its course, the figure now applauds both competitors as they leave the arena...
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2004, 12:05   #57
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK appeared at the podeum and rose his arms wide.*

And now, for our next match, we shall see a new face enter into the Insane Fighting Arena Chmapionships. A face unseen in even the normal IFA, let alone here! Without further ado, lets bring it on! In the rusty corner, a oldie that likes to reappear every month or sooo... Ryoon... Jkaarr!

*Loud music and fireworks appear as Ryon Jkar's ready room opens up in one, big burst.*

And his opponent tonight, a new face to the IFA-Championships. Diiisrupteeerrr!

*Different music burst out, less fireworks and flames as Disrupter's Ready-Room opened out.*

72-Hour clock starts now!

*AcidK blinked out quickly.*
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 14 Jul 2004, 14:25   #58
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Inspectre is an unknown quantity at this point

Ryon JKar was in the IFA-C where I was made champion. So .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
like you in your threads after about a week

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Inspectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2004, 19:34   #59
Ryon Jkar
Prince of the Dawn

Ryon Jkar is infamous around these partsRyon Jkar is infamous around these parts

Yeah I was inspectre.. thanks for that one fight.. it was fun... and acid.. are we aloud to use null portals if its not too much?

As the door opened and Ryon stepped out into the burning lights of the arena. He was accompanied by a strange and horrible howl. The howl was a cry it seemed and although it screamed as if it yearned to kill, some felt it screamed because it yearned to be free. It was free in Ryon and Ryon was free it in. But even as they seemed both to be free, they in reality, were both slaves to eachother.

The wind swirled around him, throwing dust in a massive whirlwind and continued to howl. The wind even seemed to be whispering something just out of earshot. Infact, the howl sounded as if it were consisted of a thousand whispers all at once. Ryon's body was all but concieled by it and they moved toward the center smoothly. When he reached his starting point, the wind died suddenly and completely. Astounding many of the spectators and leaving Ryon with a newfound energy. His body moved from tai chi stance to stance as he awaited.

As his opponent's door opened, both Ryon's arms shot behind him, grabbed something and lifted them toward disrupter. The object in his right hand, was a gleaming pistol of a rather large caliber and just as the disrupters body was in its sights Ryon squeeze down the trigger rapidly send firey projectiles with insane accuracy. Synchronizingly, his left arm threw its object which happened to be a large frag grenade that landed gently in the earth right before his enemies body. Just as the pistol clicked off signalling an empty clip, the grenade exploded sending a powerful roar throughout the arena.

Ryon JKar then made one more action his right arm shot up over his right shoulder and pulled down a blackened katana blade the slide out of its scabbard smoothly. Once pulled out, the blade still resonated and he moved it through a couple of motions with ever self-control and discipline. His bright green eyes blazed with violence as he prepared himself for what his opponent might try against him. Assuming he does live through the initial test. A test to determine his opponents weight.

Last edited by Ryon Jkar; 14 Jul 2004 at 19:43.
Ryon Jkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 00:24   #60
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Was talking about Disrupter when I said 'New face to IFA-C'
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 00:24   #61
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Null portals? Portals to nothing? Portalling is disallowed, full stop. Nom portals whatsoever.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 02:56   #62
Wraith[x]
Moo?

Wraith[x] is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidK
-Narcaleptic Frogs Comments:-

Greatest name EVER
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 05:00   #63
Disrupter
Sniping pigeons

Disrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to all

Disrupter's golden fiery eyes glared out menicinly towards Ryon. The smoke from the grenade blinded him a little bit, and some shards had hit its arms. The bullets from the pistol had skimmed his bulky arm and blood dripped from the fresh wounds. Disrupter picked up the noice of a sword of some sort being drawn and then he reacted. He pulled a crossbow from of his back and fired a stream of 10 bolts back out throught the smoke at the figure that was Ryon. Once empty, Disrupter cast aside the crossbow and pulled out his own melee fighting weapons.

From off of his hip Disrupter pulled a short sword with a harpoon-like hook at the end, and teeth like a comb's carved into one side. From his back, Disrupter pulled a close-combat battle axe with twin heads. Then Disrupter charged out of the ready room, axe in one hand over his head, sword in the other, ready to guard. Ryon had pulled a kitana out of his sheath, so Disrupter instantly knew that he would have to be very quick. He also stopped the charge at the sight of the weapon, and went into a defensive stance. He blocked his face with the sword on an angle, and with the axe he blocked his lower body, on a parallel angle.

The roaring crowd had grown silent and Disrputer bounced back and forth to keep ready. His glowing eyes never left Ryon and he wanted to be sure to catch Ryon's first attack. With a kick of his ankle, Disrupter was instantly covered in rough kevlar plating, similar to samuri armor. Almost every part of his body was protected except for his head and joints, but Disrupter was agile because of these sacrifices. For now, he awaited the coming attack.
Unread 16 Jul 2004, 00:57   #64
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Half-Way Point!

And Waith, Narc says thanks, not meny people actually comment on his name

In fact, he's thinking of migrating here and creating the Godmod Arena in PA Forums
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 16 Jul 2004, 02:42   #65
Ryon Jkar
Prince of the Dawn

Ryon moved like a viper. Just as disrupter shot the bolts through the smoke, most of them simply missed due to the fact the it was a blind shot in his general direction, however one zipped by his head causeing him to duck, which in result saved his life by forcing him to move out of the way of another.

His snake like appearence then shot forth as Disrupter ermerged from his room with the battle axe and the short sword, but as Ryon neared the man, he pulled another weapon from his waist with his free hand. He had trained hard to be able to be accurate with these weapons with either hand just in case. He drew back and unleashed forth the weapon recenetly drawn, the metallic star shot through the air with incrediable accuracy and velocity toward disrupters head and as the object split through the air Ryon Jkar was moving in. His blade then shot forth, quickly clashing off both the battle axe and the short sword in order to turn them away while it then flashed back toward the elbow of the sword hand as he noticed the weakness in the armor in the joints. As the blade moved, the howl of the dark wind emerged once again. It screamed above the two combatants and seemed to fill Ryon with a fervant fury.
Unread 16 Jul 2004, 15:07   #66
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

19 Hours Remaining!
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 16 Jul 2004, 17:55   #67
Disrupter
Sniping pigeons

Disrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to all

Duke had little time to duck his head out of the way, missing the stars by mere centimeters. He also had expected some other attack and began to perry it. Duke lifted his arm just as Ryon cam inside and began to cut his arm. The slice was cut short, but Duke was left with a minor injury. Duke flung Ryon off to his right with that arm, and came around with the axe blades facing horizontally. Before Ryon could fly off completely, Duke grabbed him by the arm and held him well within axe range, as the axe bore down on Ryon.
Unread 16 Jul 2004, 20:24   #68
Ryon Jkar
Prince of the Dawn

Feeling the grip and seeing the axe blade move all too quickly toward his head brought an unrelenting fire into Ryon Jkar's tactics. He, at this very moment, could possibly die. His mind went into overdrive shooting off signals to every part of his body at once. His body seemed to transform into violence incarnate. He WAS violence and violence was him for the next destined moments.

With Ryon's free arm he reached up and stopped the axe hand from coming down onto him by grabbing his forearm just above the elbow with a vice grip. Just as suddenly, Ryon's elbow of the sword hand shot into the stomach of Disrupter's body. Ryon's right foot then pressed off the ground and in a twisting motion, while still holding onto the axe hand, Ryon's slender form emerged from the close proximity with a fluidness only comparable to water itself, as he twisted time seemed to freeze for everyone.

The wind howled an even more twisted and tortured tune. The sound would cause a grown man to break down and cry just from the pure despair it seemed to rise up in people, but that's not what it came for. The wind suddenly shot down against both the combatants and as it grew in strength and then dissapated, Ryon's eyes and his sword seemed to grow and unnatural black so dark, it would seem to swallow up light.

Time continued on again and Ryon brought the blade against disrupters stomach with the momentum of his twisting body. His window was now, he thought as his free hand pulled Disrupters axe hand down and away from his body resulting in thowing Disrupter's body weight down and away from Ryon. Now back to throwing range, his freearm let loose another star that zipped through the air at Disrupter's right knee.
Unread 16 Jul 2004, 22:02   #69
Disrupter
Sniping pigeons

Having been pushed away and now down on his left knee, Disrupter realizes a new threat. Moving like a hot knife through butter, Disrupter suddenly sheathed his axe, and pushed off the ground, flying straight at Ryon, having the star bounce of his shin armor. Disrupter brought up his sword and aimed straight for Ryon's stomach. The sword suddenly swung in close, and Disrupter rolled around behind Ryon. He brought out the axe and swung with the speed of a cobra at Ryon's legs.

The blade swung around and zoomed straight towards Ryons upper left leg. Disrupter took the sword in his right hand and pinned Ryon to the spot, by driving it straight through Ryon's boot. Without being able to move a great deal, and the axe swinging at an incredible speed, Disrupter allowed a smirk and his shiny golden eyes watched Ryons expression go from smug to startled.
Unread 16 Jul 2004, 22:18   #70
Ryon Jkar
Prince of the Dawn

As Ryon saw the man sheath the axe and jump for him he has already prepared for this and being the experienced duelist he was, he knew what to do. However, Disrupter has already slashed at his stomach with the sword and he barely dodged it with a minor glancing cut.

However, as disrupter rolled around behind Ryon, which to Ryon was placing him in a weaker position and he couldn't fathom why disrupter would do that to himself. Suddenly he realized what he was planning, and he saw the axe blade come down at his left leg. He quickly jumped the blade, twisted, parried Disrupters sword with his own katana and sent his right boot straight into the cut in disrupter's stomach. The blade moved from the parried sword and Ryon brought it against the moving axe hand.

His movements weren't over yet, just as the blade flashed at disrupters arm, Ryon's freehand unsheathed a long dagger at his other hip and in a viper-like movement of extreme speed, he brought it against Disrupters right ear. Once the blades came from both attacks Ryon performed a series of back hand sprains to put some distance between himself and his opponent.

Just as he land back on his feet around ten yards from disrupters body, he moved back into ready position, his inferno-like fiery green/black eyes looked intense in the day sun. Once again the wind howled.
Unread 17 Jul 2004, 03:16   #71
Disrupter
Sniping pigeons

Disrupter got up and dusted himself off. He pulled out a stun grenade and sunglasses. He put on the glasses and threw the grenade at Ryon's feet. It exploded in a blast of blinding white light, and blinded Ryon for a few seconds. In these seconds, Disrupter attacked. He pulled out his kitana and launched himself towards Ryon. He thrust the blade straight to Ryon, and pulled out a small revolver in his other hand. With this he shot Ryon in the foot, several times in case of dodging.

With his foot now injured, Disrupter aimed the blade at Ryon's shoulder and made contact to some extent. Then He shot Ryon's knee and other shoulder, hoping to cripple the man. Before retreating to a safe distance, Disrupter kick Ryon square in the stomach and pushed off to make his jump. In the air he pulled out a short sword and stood in a ready position a good distance away.
Unread 17 Jul 2004, 13:16   #72
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Annnd Thats It!

*AcidK suddenly blinked into the Arena, Disrupter and Ryon Jkar blasted to each side of the arena to stop them fighting.*

Judgements will follow soon, but it's bee a trying 3 days atm and the judges said Latest Sunday 11pm GMT
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 18 Jul 2004, 17:13   #73
Ryon Jkar
Prince of the Dawn

*Ryon sings in the post-battle shower*
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 00:07   #74
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Results

Ryon Jkar:
Style: 7
Aggression: 6
Control: 6
Damage: 7
Total: 26

Disrupter:
Style: 5
Aggression: 7
Control: 6
Damage: 5
Total: 23

-Ynten's Comments:-
Ryon Jkar did show enthusiasm during this fight, fighting with a better-than-average stlye and even injurring Disrupter's leg to an extent. Disrupter lacked that style of fighting we are used to in the IFA-C, most posts being small and somewhat over-directly to the action, missing multiple description possibilities that we see from the IFA-C Headliners such as Inspectre, Fluffie, Evil_Ginge and even Hewitt (PS, blame JoeNine-T for the previous results and we wont be as prejudiced as he was then. We also would like to place you in the IFA-C Hall of Fame, regardless if Narc still doesn't know why)

-Mig has not placed comments down-

-Narcaleptic Frog's Comments:-
I have read a lot of IFA-C matches, many of which were fun to read, exciting to watch and amazing to feel that I am now judging them. However, I felt quite disappointed at Disrupter's performance, new although he is to these forums. The posts were short and uninteresting when I was reading them. Dispite this, though, I would still like to see Disrupter continue entering himself into the IFA-C, for he might develop that style that we all had to develop sometime [enter Narc's newbie reminances here]
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 00:10   #75
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Next match will start tomorrow, Wraith vs Shadow

Until then, lets ask our previous contendors on how they felt on the judge's decisions and comments.

*The screen split again, two commentators, asking the same question, appeared to Ryon Jkar and Disrupter, asking:*

Given the judges decisions and results of the previous match, how do you feel about them and how do you now feel?
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 01:04   #76
Disrupter
Sniping pigeons

*Directing his attention to announcer*

"I feel that, yeah, they have a good point. It was my first time and I believe I deserve a slight bit of slack considering the fact that its all new. I do, however understand what they are say. Now if you'll excuse me, my pizzas have arrived."

*Disrupter turns, gets up, and exits to eat pizza offscreen*
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 02:39   #77
Ryon Jkar
Prince of the Dawn

Ryon's eyes still burned a bright emerald that seemed to hint at insanity. His mouth opened and as he spoke his voice seemed to be mixed with the sound of his own voice and the sound of a howling wind.

"I felt like the monkies never left the park. I never knew bologne could fly like that. I also would like to thank Kevin Bacon for my inspiration... excuse me while I am coughing *coughinspecter'sdead *cough. That is all I must go sharpen my other sword... *cough"
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 20:39   #78
Shadow275
Commandant

Shadow275 is an unknown quantity at this point

Why are we waaaaiting, we are suffocating, why are we waaaaaiting.....
Fire and Ice
Shadow275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2004, 01:01   #79
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

-ooc-
Due to waiting for a late night to start the match (seeing as this'd be about the time I would be back from work to stop the competition) We start at this time
-ooc-

*AcidK appeared at the podium, smiling as he rose his arms to quell the crowd's impatient calling.*

We are sorry for the delay, it was the judge's tea break... Now, without further ado, let us continue with the next match. The next two contestents are fighters of old, we already know their names... lets get it on! In the rusty corner, known for his Shadow abiltities and the Arena that was opened by him... I give you, Shadow!

*Shadow275's ready-room burst open, dark clouds burst out to give Shadow a little more mystery than normal. Dark, mystical yet heavy music played in the background. When the music and the clouds faded to nothing, AcidK continued.*

And his opponent tonight, a man also known as Crazybob.... Wraith!

*Wraith's ready-room opened out, heavier music burt through the arena's multitude of speakers.*

Let the battle commence!

*AcidK blinked out and the podium desended into the glass below as if it was water.*
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 20 Jul 2004, 02:30   #80
Shadow275
Commandant

Shadow's door burst open, the music played, and the clouds came and went.

Inside the room, it was pitch black, impossible to see if Shadow was actually there or not. He was waiting, but for what remained a mystery.

Then, on some unknown signal, he strode into the arena. The long, nice looking yet functional leather coat behind him. The crisp smell of an expensive aftershave, the air of confidence, the feeling of suppressed power that emanated from him.

He smiled, glancing around at the audience, nodding at the judges and taking in the details of the arena.

"Mmhmm. Alrightly lets play this game."

He stopped moving, his smile turned to a frown as he closed his eyes, focusing intently on something, and he grunted and then opened his eyes. His coat started to move, as if it had gained a life of its own, its motion was wave-like, then it suddenly ripped open.

A single large mechanical grasper powered itself into the ground, followed quickly by three others attached by mechanical tentacles. Shadow slowly started to rise up, lifted by the four grabbers and then he stopped several feet above the arena floor. Two of the grabbers released their grip on the floor, rose up and then stared menacingly at Wraith.

Shadow cracked his neck, pushed his sunglasses up on his nose and then smiled slightly.

The motion defied most of the laws of physics as a 110 kilogram man, followed by half a ton of various materials practically flew across the arena. The distance between Shadow's door and Wraith's door was quickly eaten up by the grabbers.

And then, he was upon Wraith.

Shadow hit the floor with his feet as one grabber shot straight at Wraith's head, too fast to even see, it gained purchase on his head and threw him bodily out of his space. This gave Wraith about ½ a second of flying time before he was ripped from the air by another grabber, which powered him into the nearest arena wall head first.

A second grabber stopped Wraith before he actually hit the wall, then plonked him onto the ground with considerable force. Shadow glanced at Wraith for a moment. The four grabbers fell behind him as he took some quick steps toward his opponent; he pulled a golf hat and slapped it onto his carefully constructed hair.

-
Somewhere backstage:
A 36 year old hairdresser cursed the man named Shadow for ruining his perfectly made, absolutely his life best work for the sake of a golf hat.
-
Meanwhile, back in the Arena:

Shadow quickly glanced to the right, then grinned, yelling "FOUR"
He smiled, knowing everyone but the precognitives would be confused as hell.

Then it all became apparent as 1/2 a ton of tentacles, grabbers fully opened, flew from behind Shadow and into Wraith. The impact threw Wraith into the air like a cheap bottle rocket.

Shadow covered his eyes with his hand as he watched Wraith fly into the air, he felt around himself, finally pulling a golf score card and a pencil. He quickly scribbled down his supposed score, even though it was all an act for the audience, then dutifully returned the card to the original pocket.

"I'd call that a hole-in-one, wouldn't you?" He smiled warmly, playing up to the audience with style.
Fire and Ice

Last edited by Shadow275; 20 Jul 2004 at 13:17.
Unread 20 Jul 2004, 18:22   #81
Wraith[x]
Moo?

"Well, that didn't go very well," thought Wraith to himself as he went flying across the arena. Twenty seconds in, and he was already being toyed with by some spiderman reject. Well, things were going to change.

Wraith twisted his body in mid air, diverting his course from a head-first trajectory to the nearest wall to a feet-first trajectory to the nearest wall. He braced for impact, just as his legs struck the wall. They buckled slightly at the knees, allowing him the leverage to push off from the wall and send himself back towards ShadowHawk, to rejoin the battle.

At least that was the plan.

In fact, his push sent him barely ten feet, before he fell to the floor in a cloud of dust. But he carried it well, rolling through and coming up in a crouch, drawing his pistols and loosing a couple of rounds at his opponent. He scuttled off towards his opponent, staying low in a crouch, firing shots off at his opponent as he ran. He stayed back, out of range of his opponents claw-devices.

Wraith soon realised his current tactic was doomed to failure; the metal arms sprouting from his opponent's back were simply deflecting the bullets away, while his opponent advanced to come within range. Wraith decided on a change of tactic; the direct approach was probably as good a way as any to get himself crushed.

Holstering his pistols, Wraith dashed forward. He rolls underneath the grasp of the first claw, before twisting around and coming up just behind it. Clutching his Hyper-Tazer Mk III, which he drew during his roll, he thrusts the electrodes against the smooth metal of his opponents mechanical arms, activating the trigger and sending its lethal voltage arcing along the metal limb, hoping to cripple his opponent before shadowhawk could take advantage of his precarious position...

[ooc] Apologies on the brevity of the post, I got a CS Clan match to play in... hopefully the next one will be Bigger, Better and... something else beginning with B. Beetroot, possibly. [/ooc]
Unread 20 Jul 2004, 20:42   #82
Shadow275
Commandant

Shadow watched as Wraith dashed toward him, slightly amused at the man's courage and willingness to run at him. He sent a grabber off to intercept him.

Yet Wraith managed to evade it, rolling under it and pulling a device.

"Hmm. Missed, oh, hello, what's he doing" Shadow thought just as the taser hit the surface of the grabber. It bucked wildly, the electromechanical fibres within it tensing as the large voltage ran through them, the grabber finally tensed itself to its maximum and shot out like a cannonball.

Inside the control unit, the voltage surge attempted to pass into Shadow himself, except Shadow was a might smarter than the grabbers previous inventor and had taken the time to install a self-fixing circuit breaker.

The other three claws fell to the ground with a loud clang as the control circuit shut itself off.

Shadow's face took on a mock terror.

"Oh no, whatever will I do!" He said, acted fear coming through clearly. He tried to move, but the 1/2 ton of grabber prevented his escape, he seemed to look terrified.

Then the fourth grabber snapped open and shut. It rose slowly from where it had fallen, snapping as it went. The rest of the grabbers came online too, rising and snapping.

Shadow's lost his mock terror face; he smiled a knowing smile and glanced at Wraith.

"That was naughty" He whispered, the annoyance coming through in his voice, "Now its time for more fun".

A grabber shot out again, gripping Wraith by his right ankle and pulling him skyward. When he was 5 feet from the ground, a second grabber started to rise up, it opened its claw then swung around, and smashing into Wraith with great force then came back and did it again on the other side of Wraith. The second grabber kept smashing into him, pounding him.

Shadow watched this display with half interest; he reached into the remainder of his coat and pulled out a small container. He hit the button, then threw it into the arena and watched.

The box suddenly expanded into a crate, filled with.....cuddly toys. The third and fourth grabbers ploughed into the crate, picking up several toys which they then proceeded to juggle.

Then the grabbers started to pick up more toys, the number being juggled got ever larger, once it had reached a certain preset limit, the grabbers started to throw the toys to every child in the audience.

Shadow smiled as he watched the toys gently sail toward the kids in the audience.

"A little something to remember me by, enjoy the toys!" he shouted, and then something in the back of his mind told him he was actually here for reasons other than pleasing the crowd.

"Ah yes, Wraith, sorry to forget about you" Shadow said, turning around to face him.

The first grabber dropped the now well beaten Wraith to the floor. Shadow gave him long enough to get back onto his feet before the grabbers shot out, grabbing his limbs. They picked him up, and then powered him into the floor, once, twice, three times.

Shadow willed the smashing to stop, and then looked at Wraith a little bit, he smiled.

"Oh, so third times a charm does not apply here? Oh well, time for another flight, Wraithyboy!"

The third and fourth tentacles released Wraith, leaving him held up by his arms. The heads of the remaining tentacles started to spin Wraith, faster and faster, and then with a click, Wraith went soaring into the air.

"Well I didn't know Wraith could fly....oh wait, he can't!"
Fire and Ice
Unread 21 Jul 2004, 01:26   #83
Wraith[x]
Moo?

Indeed he can not... Luckily, he has reinforcements.

"Time to even this battle up a little..." Wraith thought, as he arced high into the skies above the arena. He reached into the copious pockets of his cloak, and pulled out a short silvered cylinder, about four inches in length, along which the words "Beckon Device" were written in handy Batman style. Wraith pressed the button marked "Press Here", and watched with trepidation as his personal speederbike launched itself out of the speeder park beside the arena, which was clearly visible from his current altitude at the zenith of his flight path. The speederbike hovered for a moment, it's nose twitching as if to get it's bearings, then swooped around and arrowed towards the arena. Wraith watched on nervously as the bike, and the floor, rushed ever closer, praying desperately that the bike would win the race...

It didn't.

Wraith landed unceremoniously on the floor of the arena, rump first, bouncing slightly before slumping to the floor in a heap. The fall would have left a lesser man, in a lesser arena, with several broken bones, but merely left Wraith with a sore a$$ and a damaged ego. The speederbike settled beside him, hovering slightly off the ground, like a faithful bloodhound ready to serve it's master.

"Thanks for that. Beautiful timing. Just Beautiful. Just don't come crying to me when you need a refit."

The speederbike's onboard computer, BRIAN (Short for 'Botic Remote Instrumentation And Navigation) bleep-whooped slightly at him as he rose to his feet. He jumped onto the bike, glancing at the HUD Display on his glasses. "Yeah BRIAN, I love you really. Now let's see about cutting this guy down to size."

With a twist of the handgrip, Wraith was airborne, swooping high over the arena, travelling with a sight more style than his previous visit to a low-earth orbit. He pulled slightly on the steering column, banking BRIAN towards his opponent. He squeezed his right thumb gently down on the trigger button, sending scarlet laser bolts arcing from the nose of his speederbike towards Shadowhawk. The bolts impacted around SH, kicking up shards of glass as they fused the sandy floor of the arena. As Wraith dove (dived?) towards his opponent, one of the beams found it's mark, striking one Shadowhawk's left-hand arms, sending dramatic plumes of black smoke billowing from the wound, accompanied by a shower of sparks...

Last edited by Wraith[x]; 21 Jul 2004 at 01:35.
Wraith[x] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jul 2004, 03:40   #84
Shadow275
Commandant

Shadow watched the laser fire spit glass in his general direction; he gave it 1/2 second of thought and then decided that he should cover himself. One thought later and the grabbers had interlaced in front of him, saving him from a glassy fate.

He then noticed that grabber four was missing its actuator, rather jagged metal present where it would have normally been. He was a little annoyed.

"That was VERY naughty!"

Shadow rose up as the remaining grabbers pushed off the floor; he seemed to become more menacing for every foot he rose, stopping at 10 feet from the ground, Shadow smiled.

The broken grabber sparked, it slowly rose up, oil dripped from where the actuator used to be. It looked mighty p*ssed off.

“Looks like he wants a little revenge” Shadow said, “Lets not disappoint him”

He shot off after Wraith, the three tentacles making good progress along the floor, the distance was shortly closed. Shadow leapt into the air and for a few moments looked very close to overshooting his mark.

A grabber latched onto the back of the speeding bike, then another onto the front, blocking the navigational sensors. Shadow landed himself on the front of the bike, carefully obscuring Wraith’s forward view.

“Tut tut tut, you’ve been a bad boy and we all know what happens to bad boys…”

The broken grabber suddenly appeared out of nowhere, burying itself into ‘Brian’s’ control box. The bike sped up dramatically, wobbling severely from lack of stabilizers. Shadow seemed to pause for a moment, as if sensing something; he then looked at Wraith and smiled. He jumped, kicking Wraith in the head with a good deal of force, he fell behind, tumbling to the ground tens of feet away. The remaining tentacles softened the landing considerably, but Shadow still had to roll to stop any damage being caused. He stood up and watched the scene from below.

The bike had gotten a lot faster since Shadow had leapt from it, smoke trailed behind it as it powered forward….directly toward the arena wall. He felt a certain satisfaction, damaging Wraith’s bike as much as he’d damaged his beloved tentacle, but then, Wraith was the real target and he was about to, as they say, become Wraith a la pancake.

Shadow pulled a fine looking hand carved wooden box from one of the many pockets he has, he opened the box, revealing 10 of Cuban’s finest handmade cigars. He carefully pulled one, smelled it and then focused on it. It turned black as night, then disappeared into nothingness. He smiled, pulled another then smoked it like only a certain Cuban dictator could. Shadow looked into the audience, searching for someone, his eyes finally locked onto Inspectre, the former champ of the IFA. He smiled at him, knocked the ash from the cigar and spoke directly at him.

“Hey kid, ya can’t win ‘em all, eh?” He winked and turned back to the bike.

Back on the bike:

Barely a few seconds from impact, a fine Cuban cigar suddenly appeared in Wraith’s mouth, lit and ready to be smoked.

Back to Shadow:

He pulled the cigar from his lips, expelled a thick cloud of smoke and looked up at the speeding bike. He chuckled quietly and whispered:

“Enjoy the cigar”
Fire and Ice
Unread 21 Jul 2004, 05:15   #85
Wraith[x]
Moo?

[ooc] Ah b*llocks, just reread the first post and saw the no vehicles rule. Guess this is a disqualification then... Ah well, I might as well get surrealist on his ass later on then Not tonight tho, far too tired to do anything creative... (it is 5am fs ) [/ooc]

Wraith spat the Cigar out in disgust as his bike flew irrevocably towards the arena wall. The solid concrete construction loomed above him, and he instinctively dived from his bike, rolling across the arena floor in a crumpled heap. He struggled to his knees as the speederbike hit the wall in a burst of flames, the explosion ripping across the arena.

Wraith decided he was spending far too much of this battle either being thrown through the air, or landing with a bump. "Time to take it to that metal freak." Wraith growled to himself, as he rose to his feet. He rose shakily to his feet and reached into his seemingly bottomless pockets, rummaging for the right item... ah, there it is! He withdrew his hand from his pocket, pulling out a Steel Bola. He grinned slightly, then hefted the Bola around his head, starting it twirling above him. He started jogging toward Shadow, picking up speed as the distance closed. He let out a blood curdling ululating yell, then loosed the Bola towards the mechanical fiend.

The weighted balls spread out as the weapon flew towards Shadow, before impacting against one of his metal legs, twisting themselves around the appendage, wrapping themselves tightly to the metal. The Bola seemed more of an annoyance than a hindrance, until...

With a thunderous roar the Composition C explosives held in the steel weights of the Bola let loose their explosive payload. The explosion ripped clean through the mechanical limb, severing it completely.

Wraith watched the grabber writhing reflexively on the arena floor as it's circuits shorted out, sending conflicting signals through it's control system. He glanced up at SH, a slight grin on his face.

"Oops... Looks like I've been immensely naughty now!"

Last edited by Wraith[x]; 21 Jul 2004 at 05:21.
Wraith[x] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jul 2004, 13:18   #86
Ynten Craal
Heavy Psion

Ynten Craal is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, Wraith, you have been disqualified

I have read your posts and have been throughly annoyed at you daring to use a vehicle for two entire posts

In your place, due to this being the quarter finals, Fluffie (being the first on the list of Back-Ups) will take your place and the 72-hour clock will be reset.
** Defender of the all Psychics
** IFA-C Official Judge
Ynten Craal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jul 2004, 14:35   #87
Shadow275
Commandant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynten Craal

I have read your posts and have been throughly annoyed at you daring to use a vehicle for two entire posts

In your place, due to this being the quarter finals, Fluffie (being the first on the list of Back-Ups) will take your place and the 72-hour clock will be reset.
I'd just like to say that actually having a vehicle didn't give him any real advantage, considering I ripped it apart before it did. Even though it is against the rules, I'm happy to continue fighting, considering I'm about to open a can of whupass for breaking my second grabber.
Fire and Ice
Unread 21 Jul 2004, 14:37   #88
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, we don't want to make Shadow cry...

Mean Fluffie'd break all his tentacles
Unread 21 Jul 2004, 14:40   #89
Shadow275
Commandant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffie
Yeah, we don't want to make Shadow cry...

Mean Fluffie'd break all his tentacles
You just tentacle fodder baby. Tentacle fodder.
Fire and Ice
Unread 21 Jul 2004, 14:45   #90
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

For good measure though - I take it your are an Doc Oc kind of character? A la Spiderman?
Unread 21 Jul 2004, 14:53   #91
Shadow275
Commandant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffie

For good measure though - I take it your are an Doc Oc kind of character? A la Spiderman?
Who said I changed the character? I've just...gotten an upgrade.
And I'm upgrading, if I am to fight you
Fire and Ice
Unread 21 Jul 2004, 14:55   #92
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow275
Who said I changed the character? I've just...gotten an upgrade.
And I'm upgrading, if I am to fight you
i bet Otto Octavius is smarter than you though
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jul 2004, 14:59   #93
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

"Booo!! Hisss!"

*Throwd empty drink cans at the judge's box*

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Ghetto Master Ellis says:
Heil Crazy!
Crazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jul 2004, 15:03   #94
Shadow275
Commandant

Quote:
i bet Otto Octavius is smarter than you though
Maybe in Nuclear Physics, but I like inventing things that make you dead.
Fire and Ice
Unread 21 Jul 2004, 15:09   #95
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow275
Maybe in Nuclear Physics, but I like inventing things that make you dead.
i think an unstable porta-sun makes you dead quite fast
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jul 2004, 15:12   #96
Shadow275
Commandant

Quote:
i think an unstable porta-sun makes you dead quite fast
Yeah, but it wasn't supposed to blow, was it?
Fire and Ice
Unread 21 Jul 2004, 15:16   #97
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Just give me a bloody description of at least your outside eh, before the match. Otherwise I'll just godmod my way through the fight, 'tis not like you are Inspectre...
Unread 21 Jul 2004, 15:19   #98
Shadow275
Commandant

My my, rather demanding of ye

Its the same look as Dr. Ock's ones, if I get any major upgrades that effect the visuals you'll get a descript. in the first post.

Good enough?
Fire and Ice
Unread 21 Jul 2004, 15:22   #99
Wraith[x]
Moo?

Quote:

In my defence, it was one post, not two, and he's using his mechanical arm thingy's to move, so technically... well... erm... bah.
Unread 21 Jul 2004, 15:24   #100
Shadow275
Commandant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith[x]
In my defence, it was one post, not two, and he's using his mechanical arm thingy's to move, so technically... well... erm... bah.
I'm just as annoyed as you are buddy :P
Fire and Ice