User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 11 Jul 2004, 17:58   #1
Disrupter
Sniping pigeons

Disrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to all
Midievil Fairly-RTS Intrest Thread

Who remembers an early thread of mine that was like an RTS type thread. It had you RPers fighting the evil computer's attacks and you had to repair and defend your base walls. It was subsequently deleted, and I dont remember the name, but this new thread will be its second coming. Only this one will be a hell of a lot better, and it will have something that i believe is totally new to the Boards as a whole.

This thread will be line based. That means that for every line something will happen. For example, resources will come in 5 per line depending on how many units you have on the resources. Units also attack either every line or every other line (fire reload fire, per 3 lines)

THE LINE RULE WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED!!! Random crap doesnt count. OOC stuff does not count. You will all be responsible for stating resources at the beginning of each post, or account for your spending somewhere in the post. I will deduct resources from you.

Also, this will more then likely be four teams of two, where you all fight each other on a map i will create. Everyones base will be visible, you will all have to tell me what your building and where. I have to work on this alittle. The three resources are Gold, Food, and Wood, and theyre probably infinite. There are also a number of researches to improve your army.

I need to know at least 7 people who would like to try this out, or and even number of people. Teams would be perferred, but I suppose it doesnt matter. The maps and everything else will be created later. For now, just state that your interested.
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 22:17   #2
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

Flaag is infamous around these partsFlaag is infamous around these partsFlaag is infamous around these parts
Re: Midievil Fairly-RTS Intrest Thread

sounds... interesting, give me a plot and i might do it (oh, btw its mEdiAevil).
Flaag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 22:25   #3
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold

Actually, its spelt Medieval

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Ghetto Master Ellis says:
Heil Crazy!
Crazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 22:34   #4
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

Flaag is infamous around these partsFlaag is infamous around these partsFlaag is infamous around these parts

well, i knew there was an a in it somewhere :P
[/edit]also, it can be mediaeval (the proper english spelling)[/edit]

Last edited by Flaag; 11 Jul 2004 at 22:36. Reason: new information
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 23:45   #5
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

new law: anyone who uses any of the following word spellings:

mediaeval
vampyre
magick
Too lazy to continue list

shall be glared at ferociously by me for a long period of time.

Anyway, I'm interested in the thread although how you plan to combine the middle ages and some form of computer attack crazymabobbins is beyond me
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 00:35   #6
Ryon Jkar
Prince of the Dawn

Ryon Jkar is infamous around these partsRyon Jkar is infamous around these parts

Interested.. although I don't quite understand the line statement...
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 09:35   #7
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang

mediaeval
vampyre
magick
Too lazy to continue list

the last 2 i can understand, but would u include other non-americanisms (eg. colour (color), programme (when not used about computers))?
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 12:07   #8
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaag
the last 2 i can understand, but would u include other non-americanisms (eg. colour (color), programme (when not used about computers))?
good point

the following word spellings are also not allowed

program
color
flavor
honor
armor
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 12:34   #9
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

fair enough, aslong as uve disalowed more americanisms than proper english (barely anyone uses mediaeval neway)
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 17:14   #10
anarcharnate
Big fat party animal

anarcharnate can only hope to improve

Quote:
vampyre
magick
"Vampyre" refers to an individual under the delusion that they require blood to survive, a serious psychological abnormality. "Magick" was a term coined by Aleister Crowley to differentiate ritual magick in a religious setting from everyday stage illusion.
I agree with banning the improper use of them though the amount of stern letters i've had to write for misuse of the term magick, it's just stupid...
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 18:03   #11
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

why has this gone from an interest thread into a discussion about spellings (yes, i know i started it, but it was only a small comment!)
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 18:24   #12
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
good point

the following word spellings are also not allowed

program
color
flavor
honor
armor
What the hell is wrong with 'Program'!?

Do you spell it 'Prougram' eh?

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 18:29   #13
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts

I've always spelled it "program"...

I guess you could type "programme" instead, but that sounds far too French for my tastes.
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 19:42   #14
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

its program when talking about programming a computer (eg. the verb), its programme as in a theater programme (that little book with the plot in) or tv programme
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 20:53   #15
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Dachi
I've always spelled it "program"...

I guess you could type "programme" instead, but that sounds far too French for my tastes.
you're thinking of pogroms.
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 21:00   #16
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

what does pogroms mean?
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 21:17   #17
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

Lakhim is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaag
what does pogroms mean?
po·grom Audio pronunciation of "pogrom" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (p-grm, pgrm)
n.

An organized, often officially encouraged massacre or persecution of a minority group, especially one conducted against Jews.
Know how I said I would be event DMing today? Well I was lying and instead decided to take the social life option. You'll get your DMings tomorrow, event-tually. Hohoho.
Lakhim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 22:04   #18
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts

Quote:
you're thinking of pogroms.
I'm laughing. Laughing right down to my Waffen SS-issue boots.
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville

Last edited by No Dachi; 12 Jul 2004 at 22:16.
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 23:05   #19
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Dachi
I'm laughing. Laughing right down to my Waffen SS-issue boots.

Where can I get a pair of those?
Know how I said I would be event DMing today? Well I was lying and instead decided to take the social life option. You'll get your DMings tomorrow, event-tually. Hohoho.
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 01:44   #20
Killer-of-Lawye
ensign

Killer-of-Lawye will become famous soon enoughKiller-of-Lawye will become famous soon enough

*plants his own two in Lakhims ass, free of charge.*
Killer-of-Lawye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 02:01   #21
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer-of-Lawye
*plants his own two in Lakhims ass, free of charge.*
Can I keep them? I always wanted a pair of jackboots.

Last edited by Lakhim; 13 Jul 2004 at 04:33.
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 22:02   #22
Disrupter
Sniping pigeons

Disrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to all

What the hell is the matter with you stupid people!?!?!?!!?!?!? JUST STATE YOUR FREAKIN INTREST!!!!!!!!!

oh an to all those who want a plot, that will come if anyone else is interested.... or once i decided to start this after i get sick of all of this spam bullshit.
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 23:05   #23
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disrupter
What the hell is the matter with you stupid people!?!?!?!!?!?!? JUST STATE YOUR FREAKIN INTREST!!!!!!!!!

oh an to all those who want a plot, that will come if anyone else is interested.... or once i decided to start this after i get sick of all of this spam bullshit.
oh shut up and stop being so overwhelmingly dull.
Unread 14 Jul 2004, 04:44   #24
Disrupter
Sniping pigeons

no seriouslly, post for the thread, then spam..... I need guinea pi... volunteers
Unread 14 Jul 2004, 09:38   #25
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

well, like i've already said, i'm in, but this spam never would have started if u'd spelt medieval correctly....:P
Unread 14 Jul 2004, 20:19   #26
Disrupter
Sniping pigeons

ok so from what i gather, 3 of you are interested. If anyone else is, let me know... The acctual thread will start shortly.
Unread 16 Jul 2004, 16:21   #27
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

*Bing!*

That means yes btw

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2004, 04:31   #28
Disrupter
Sniping pigeons

ok so these are the interested ones:

Disrupter (god)
Hewitt
Flaag
Phang
Ryon Jkar

Anyone else let me know, because the map i make will be a five player one.....

If any of you have questions, ask now, so i can explain them.
Unread 18 Jul 2004, 22:32   #29
David91

David91 is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks good: sign me up!
David91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 18:46   #30
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

I'm in

(i never knew you were an RPer phang.)