User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 8 May 2004, 16:08   #201
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Lady Hawk is infamous around these partsLady Hawk is infamous around these parts
Re: Masters of Andromeda IV (New Horizons - Out of the Ashes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur_Quan
OOC- LH, just so I know that it's ok and that you've changed my earlier configuration to this new one; could you please approve of my new dreadnaught ship? It's in post #79 on page 2 of the thread. Thanks. -OOC

Captain Bogg walked into his room and was closely followed by his commander Alison Speckles. "So what was that mysterious briefing all about then?", she asked him. "Hm? What? Oh something about a war I believe." "'Something about a war', you believe???" From the way she said that, it wasn't hard to gather that she strongly disapproved of Bogg's lack of interest and feeling uneasy with all this, Bogg quickly replied: "No no wait! I remember! Yes she definately mentioned something about a war. I'm sure of it now!" Bogg smiled nervously. Not the least bit impressed by this sudden recollection, Alison said: "'She'..?" Feeling on firmer ground here, Bogg relaxed a little and continued: "Yes. Tall woman, long blonde hair, blue eyes, athletic build, very good looking. Her name is Garonia Darkstorm." Bogg smiled like a student that had correctly answered a very difficult question and who was expecting a complimentary pat on the back for it.

Alison sighed: "Never mind. I'll just watch the holologs from the briefing." She took a seat behind a desk, tapped a few buttons. This opened a compartment and immediately a small holographic projector raised itself from the desk. After touching a few more buttons, the projector started to display the entire scene of the briefing. "It's a good thing we had that holodeck installed recently. It's just too bad that you can't touch it." Bogg said while obsessedly moving his fingers through the holographic image of Garonia Darkstorm. Alison looked up at him, obviously annoyed with him. Bogg retracted his hand, walked to a nearby window and said: "During that speech, I noticed she was looking in my particular direction a couple of times. She obviously fancies me." Without looking up, Alison mumbled: "Hm, maybe 10 years ago, but now..."

Bogg turned his head so fast that he nearly pulled the muscles in his neck. His eyes were wide open and his face showed that he was not amused. "What do you mean 'maybe 10 years but now'???" Bogg walked to one of the large mirrors that decorated his room and approvingly looked at himself in it, turning his face from side to side. "So I've matured a bit now and well, maybe I've put on a little weight, but those are all muscles. I'm still beautiful. Nay, I'm gorgeous, yes, I'm absolutely perfect!" He moved his hips a little and swinged his butt a bit, and then winked at his own image, making a clicking noise with his tongue.

Behind him, Alison had finished viewing the hololog of the briefing and exclaimed: "Well, that was interesting! Apparently our entire species faces extinction at the hands of the Devorans and we and all those other captains have to guide a fleet of colonyships through Darkspace to a safe haven!" "I know a far better way to prevent our race from oblivion." "Oh?" With a smug look on his face, Bogg said: "Yeah, just have all 'able-bodied' women form a queue to my room and then I'll just have lots and lots and lots of s..."
Suddenly the ship's alarm went off and Alison and Bogg both hurried to the bridge.

No1: "Sarah, report!"
WO: "We've just detected 8 battlestars heading for this system, Ma'am. They appear to be Devoran and heavily armed."
Helm: "Should I plot a course out of here?"
No1: "No. We must stay and help to protect these ships. You can thank the captain for that."

* A few odd looks from his crew, made Bogg feel compelled to explain: "Ummmm, well, you remember that transport ship we raided last month and then we sold all passengers to a bunch of slavetraders. Only there was this guy that claimed we'd be in for a lot of trouble if we harmed in any way and you guys told me not to do anything rash, but I got annoyed with him and carved my name on his face with my dagger and then threw him out of the airlock? Heh, well, turns out this guy was on his way to Ankaa to become the Emperor's new protegé. So couple of days ago I suddenly got this message from the Emperor himself saying that I had a choice; to undergo some very painful and very permanent punishment, he didn't say what, but the Emperor's a very imaginitive man, he is, or to do this little thing for him. And well, here we are!" Bogg stretched out his arms sideways and smiled enthusiastically.
No1: "Sarah, I want you to raise the shields and begin charging both PPP8's. Laura, I want you do start scanning those Devoran ships and look for possible weak spots. Helm, I want you to prepare for evasive action"
WO, SO and Helm: "Yes Ma'am!"

* Bogg walks up to his chair, sits down, leans over to Alison's side and whispers: "Was that really necessary? You're not mad at me are you?" Alison just gave him a hard look and then continued issueing orders.
Bogg: "So you are mad at me! You know I don't like it when you're mad at me. Tell you what; how about you come over to my quarters when this battle is over? We'll have some fun and some dinner and alright, I'll even try and be romantic for once!"
No1: "Hmm, alright then, bur first things first, we're in the middle of a battle in case you hadn't noticed."
Bogg: "Fine fine. Laura, have you got those scans yet?"
SO: "Yes captain and I believe I may have found something. Those battlestars may be heavily shielded and the nature of those shields prevents missiles and most energy weapons from doing a lot of damage. However, those shields as well as some of their weapons require seperate drives in order to get enough power to maintain their integrity and unlike us, they do not have any backup engines in case of an engine failure. I believe that if we concentrate all our firepower on their engine section, we might be able to do enough damage to one or more of their drives to cut the power to some of their shields. It would be a lot faster and more effective than destroying them, especially with our phased hellbore cannons that cut shields by as much as 50%." ()
Bogg: "Sounds like a plan to me, make it so."
WC: "Captain, I just received the schematics of those battlestars. I would advise against using our Hawk fighters. They wouldn't stand a chance against those battlestars' defensive particle array grid. Due to their cloak we can use the Nials, but for defensive purposes only, for the time being."
Bogg: "Very well McQuirk, you may do as you seem fit."
No1: "Commander Redbock, come in."
MC: "Redbock here, Ma'am."
No1: "I want you to assemble boarding parties in case we need them later on, but until then, I want double guard postings everywhere on the ship and those men that are not on guard duty will help our damage control teams with repairs.
MC: "Understood!"
Bogg: "Bring the particle array online. I want all light plasma cannons and the AFD and AMDII systems as well as the tractor beams to defend against incoming fighters and missiles. The rest of the array's weapons as well as the quad blaster cannons and the phased hellborne cannons are to lock and fire on that batlestar's engine section according to the plan."
WO: "Yes captain! Particle array coming online... and activated."
No1: "Kim, be prepared to deal with any wounded that you may come in to sickbay."
MD: "We're all ready and standing by!"
Bogg: "Now let's hope that those other captains are all they're cracked up to be or this is going to be one very short battle!"

-----------------------------------------------
Actions (As per LH request)
- Charging superweapons (2 PPP8's)
- Raising all shields
- Launching only the cloaked fighters (10) and have them protect against fighters and missiles
- Using part of the grid (AFD, AMDII, tractorbeams and light plasma cannons) for defensive purposes against fighters and missiles
- Using the phased hellbore cannons, quad blaster cannon and the other part of the grid (photon cannons, medium ion cannons, neutron cannons, electro pulse cannons and medium blaster cannons) to target the battlestar's engine section
- Ordering Helm to program some evasive manouvres
- Ordering Medical and Damage Control teams to standby for action
- Have "free" troops help out where needed
OOC- Not sure what level of detail is required here, because you still read the post, right? -OOC
actions noted - you are still out of weapons range but now have a lock
superweapon charge 3 posts

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE................
Lady Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2004, 16:11   #202
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Lady Hawk is infamous around these partsLady Hawk is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakan
*Standing around, Captain Incom Bakan Morgan, known as Bakan to many of his comrades, watches the other captains with guarded eyes. His left hand twitching slightly, Bakan grumbles to himself as he clutches it into a fist. His eyes, which once had a glimmer of entertainment and kindness, were cold and hard. Stroking his chin, Bakan mentally winces as he feels part of a scar that starts around his chin, goes across his left cheek and over his left eye, which if oone looked closey at would be slightly different color that the other eye. The past year had been exceptionally difficult.*

*Thiking back to the battles fought, far to many lost, Bakan started to mentally count every crewmember he personally could remember who had fallen in the line of duty. As the new admiral entered, Bakan focuesed his attention on her. Rank insigna indicated she was a Fleet Admiral. Listening to them, Bakan smiles codly as he hears her exclaimation about the recent news about the Borg.*

"I am not surprised. I have seen these creatures firsthand in combat. Over my homeplanet, their ships were in such numbers that we coulden't see the surface. Their weapons scortched the atmosphere, and set the crust on fire. We had fought for over a week, a week where I watched my entire homesystem fall before their power. My crews and I are the only survivors, the last three ships from my homesystem."

*Breathing, Bakan forced his left fist, which was gloved and clentched so tightly that mechanical sounds were starting to come from it. Opening it up with audible noises that clearly indicated that it was artifical.*

"We are here, cause this is the best possible method to exact revenge. Specifically, 16.8 billion people from my home system who died during that week of fire. We will guard your ships, to help you satisfy your desires to reclaim your homes. Our homes are gone, we are now nomades like our ancestors. They will pay."

*Realizing that he was starting to rant, Bakan took a deep breath and turned towards the viewpoint, looking at the ships. Such size and power, cradling such fragile cargo. While determined for revenge, Bakan viewed himself as a pratical person, even now, and thus he knew that tossing his small fleet into the battle would be suicide and would acomplish next to nothing.*

[Some time later]

*Walking through the corridors of the station towards his personal flagship, the Firestorm, once the Dune Glider, Bakan mentally was kicking himself for his outburst earlier. He knew that his temper was barely in control, but after seeing his home torched, he was slightly sensitive about matters concerning the Devoran's. Watching various people rush past him, either boarding ships or rushing to their stations. Many of them had a tired look to them, but Bakan smiles as he saw many of them also have a determined look about them. Reaching the airlock to The Firestorm, Bakan entered, saluting two Marines standing guard. Entering a nearby turbolift, Bakan casually hit the button for the bridge.*

*As the lift travelled through the ship, bakan suddenly heard several alarms start to go off. Reaching the bridge, Bakan entered and looked around quickly at the various stations. Already his helm officer was disengaging the ship from the spacedock, with his weapons officer apparently charging the main weapons. Personal were running around, some entering, many exiting.*

Bakan: "Status report people."

No1: "Sir, 8 ships, DEVORAN ANNHILATIOR Class Concordat Battle Stars have entered the system. According to communication intercepts, the World Ships need some time to charge their main drives."

Bakan: "And until then, they are sitting ducks."

No1: "Exactly."

Communications Officer: "Sir, we are receiving word from the fleet flagship. We are being ordered to defend the World Ships untli they are able to jump."

Bakan: "Perfect, where do we stand with all systems."

Engineering Officer: "I put our time in drydock to good use, I haven't had this ship in such good condition since she was launched. I've also coordinated with the Nightwing and Redemption, they both are at 100% operational."

Bakan: "Excellent. Wing Commander, launch all fighters. Order them to hold in close until other ships have launched their fighters. We have limited fighters, they will do more good if they can link up with other squadrons."

Wing Commander: "Already on it, fighters will be launched in 30 seconds."

Bakan: "Communications, have all ships raise shields and arm weapons. Establish communications links for targetting and sensor data."

Communications: "Gotcha, on it."

Wing Commander: "Fighters have been launched sir. 10 Jupiter's, 5 Valkyrie's, and 10 Slipfighters launched. They are in position alpha."

*Right behind the helm station, in front of which was a large viewscreen showing space, appeared a tatical hologram of the system. Automatically zooming in, Bakan watched as several dots appears as fighters were launched, with the captial ships, clearly defined turning to face the enemy ships.*

Bakan: "Science officer, I want detailed scans of those enemy ships. Any data, filter to our fleet, then the rest of the ships. Scan for any weakpoints in their shields and hull, along with blind spots and whatever else you can think of."

Science Officer: "Will be damn hard, but okay."

Bakan: "Helm, form up with the rest of our ships. [i]Redemption takes point, she can take more punishment, with us and the Nightwing follow behind in a triangle formation. Make sure that we all have full fields of fire. Oh yeah, only at 50% thrust, for with our engines, that's still faster than many ships. "

Helm: "Getting these tubs into position aye."

*Watching the tatical station, bakan's eyes suddenly flash with some insight.*

Bakan: "Wing Commander, remember those Assualt Platforms that the [i]Redepmtion has onboard?"

Wing Commander: "Yeah..... we ahve 2 models, the anti-fighter and anti-capital ones."

Bakan: "Have the Redepmtion be prepared to deploy them on my command. We can't afford to deploy them right now, would be to easy for those bastards to manuver around them."

Wing Commander: "A wall in space you talking about?"

Bakan: "Yeah, one with lots of firepower."

Wing Commander: "Our fighters have formed a intercept screen around us."

Bakan: "They do not have enough numbers to assist us directly, send a general message asking those ships with significant number of fighters if they want some more to temporarily join up."

Tatical Officer: "Sir, it looks like one ship, a Dreanaught, Captain Bogg's ship is turning to engage one of the Battle Stars."

Bakan: "If we concentrated all firepower on 1 ship at a time, we would be able to make short work of it... however..... that would leave the rest free. With 8 of those bastards out there, we can't take that risk."

Tatical Officer: "We have one of the more advance ships. We might be able to hold one of them off for a time."

Bakan: "Hail the fleet, strongly suggest that we form "Battlegroups", 8 in total, with each one concentrating on a different Battle Star. We can possibly hold off one on our own, but assistance would be greatly appreciated."

Communications: "Sending to the rest of the fleet, dunno if they will think the same way."

Bakan: "We will see. It looks like those BattleStars are in a 3 by 5 pattern, 3 fore, 5 aft. Send to fleet a identification method for all of them, numbering them 1 through 8. Number 4 looks to be on it's own, to the side and aft, make that our primary target."

Tatical Officer: "Yes sir, but what about the fore ships?"

Bakan: "I'm confident some of these captains will be insane enough to take on those ships, thereby distracting them. We can't forget about a single one of these ships. Communications, insist strongly that all ships pick a target before they come into range and coordinate our opening volley, if we do it right, we can save those worldships. Tatical Officer, begin charging our superweapon, Comm, order the Redemption to charge her's as well, when those bastards are in range, I want to give them a nice taste of what they will have to face."

Things that were done
  • Launched from spacedock
  • Raised shields
  • Launched Fighters, with orders for them to stay in close.
  • Sent communication to all ships suggesting plan of attack.
  • Armed both conventional weapons and started charging superweapons.
  • Scanned the enemy ships.
  • Tied my little fleet together via command bridge.
  • Fly towards enemy ships with intention to KILL them!
actions noted -

moving at battle speed toward the enemy - still 1 post away
scanning enemy ships -
your ships are in formation
superweapon charge 3 posts

Unread 8 May 2004, 16:13   #203
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack
*Flapjack who had been listening quietly during the briefing quickly made his way back to the Phoenix rising. upon arriving there he noticed that all was still quiet and all systems were up to specs and ready to go*

Flapjack: "Helm, undock, tactical standby on weapons and raise shields, inform the rest of the fleet to do the same. "

Sensor officer: "Sir, we've got incoming, 8 Devoran concordat battlestars, they're heavily shielded and armed."

Flapjack: "Okay, change that, tactical, charge all weapons, full power to shields and launch all fighters, form up on the Phoenix rising, the 2 frigates to our sides and the carrier will hang behind and deliver Photon torpedoes, communications, coordinate with the rest of the fleet, inform them of our command bridge. Sensors, scan for weak points."

Communications: "Captain Bakan is asking for fighter support, and apparently these ships have a weakpoint, a certain captain UQ says that we should target their engines."

sensor officer: "That i can confirm sir, if we knock out both ion drives, we'll make a major energy problem for their shields, if we damage the fusion drive we'll be depowering their weapons."

Flapjack: "Inform captain Bakan we'll move to assist, bring our fleet into formation with his and target the same devoran ship as his ships are targetting, target their engines only, the slipstream fighters will move to intercept any incoming fighters while the Shogun class fighters will make strike attacks on the enemy's engines. Once their shields are down and they're crippled, deploy ALL marines to that concordat, let's see if we can come out of this a lot stronger."

Helm: "Moving into formation with captain Bakan's ships, damn that redemption looks tough."

Tactical: "Fighters have been given their targets, weapons are commencing targetting, superweapons are charging, tactical analyse completed. We'll have a good chance with all these ships, our frigates will make very close runs across the enemy's stern while the rest of the fleet will simple attempt to position themselves to the side and rear of the Devoran ship, it should not be capable of outmaneuvering us and we have the advantage when it comes to numbers, shield power and weapon power against that 1 vessel."

*actions*
-Undocked from station and activated weapons and shields, superweapon is charging
-All fighters launched, Shogun class fighters will start making attack runs on the targetted Devoran battlestar (the same 1 Bakan is targetting)
-Fleet moved into formation with Bakan's fleet, slipstream fighters moved to intercept incoming hostiles.
actions noted
fighters laucnhed
your ships join formation with Bakans
Superweapon charge - 3 posts

Unread 8 May 2004, 16:15   #204
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkling
Earlier

Watching as the breifing went resting his feet on the table in front of him, arms crossed an imaptient look on his face. The words around him arbly regestering, the best he never ahd cosndered himself a good captain, least not a dog of any miltary. John carter was a free man and saw opertunity in this venture. Thinking silently to himself, in his civilian looking cloths his prefefred choice of wear since he went reneagde and started experemting with borg technolgy.

Now

"Looks like we have company coming, power up all systems and keep eyue on modefied ones so we dont lose them due to overload"
John sitting back in his chair of the rather untiody looking bridge, everyone dressed in whatever they wanted. The Black rose was not a large ship comapred to most out there and didnt have as much firepower, but large ships and lots firepower would only make him a bigger target.
"Warm the cloak up and activate it when I say"
An acknowledged nod from the science officer enough to conrim the order ahd bene recived, the lights of bridge turn from bright white to a dim covering of red.
"Now we wait, monitor the comms traffic see if we can use anyone as cover. The skies are pretty busy tonight, may the moon keep its gaze from our sight"
Hearing a dull Aye from the commucnations station, Carter closing his eyes to lsiten to hum of the ship. Snapping out of it sharply to pres a button on his chair
"Engineering get the repair teams ready for action"
Flippng to anotehr channel without waitng for a repsonce
"Kit up and stay at alert status in case we encounter trouble"
The muffled voice of Special forces officer speaking through his helmet the repsonce coming through.

Actions

Systems charged up, all crew prepared for combat situations and also monortirng comm traffic for any posible advatage.
Actions noted
moitoring Comms from enemy

Unread 8 May 2004, 16:16   #205
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Kama-Ka-C
Oh right yeah, finished spending that extra cash, decided I'd have to use it on my other ships, so I've now decided they are coming along as well.

Ship: XGP 15A-II
Class: Cruiser

10 Shield:
Vorlon Shields

20 Turret:
Heavy Fusion Cannon x2
Neutron Cannon x4

24 External:
Heavy Missile Launcher x10
Light Missile Launcher x10
Cluster Missile Launcher x5

24 Additional:

External Mounts x1

Phased Colapsium Hull Armour
Heavy Deutrium Armoured Hull

Tractor Beam Mk40
Tractor Beam Mk40

Advanced AI Ships Computer
Advanced Tactics Computer
Advanced Engineering Bay
Advanced Medbay

Cold Fusion Engine x4
Trans Warp Drive

5000 Tonnes of Cargo Hold
Heavy Missile Reloads x10
Light Missile Reloads x10
Cluster Missile Reloads x5
Special Space Service x2
Field Hosptial Company (Captain's private team, because it's only a matter of time before something else blows up in her/his face)

Ship: El Dorado and Shangri'la
Class: 2 Light Cruisers

6 Shield:
Phase Shields
Free Space (4)

16 Turret:
Phaser V x4

12 External:
Heavy Missile Launcer x5
Light Missile Launcer x5
Cruise Missile Launcher x2

12 Additional:
Heavy Armour Plating
Advanced AI Ships Computer
Advanced Tactics Computer
Advavced Engineering Bay

Phaser Five Additional x4
Electro Pulse Gun

Cold Fusion Engine
Trans Warp Drive

2250 tonnes hold
Missile Light Reloads x 15
Missile Heavy Reloads x 15
Cruise Missile Reloads x 6
Advanced Damage Control Team
Special Space Service

Posting shortly
approved

Unread 8 May 2004, 16:18   #206
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyboy
Crazy sat quietly, and watched the other Captains as the filtered out of the briefing room. He sat pondering for a moment over what had been said. The mission seemed almost hopeless. A bunch of Captains, all chosen for their skills, thrown together hastily to escort 5 big, slow space hulks through an uncharted area of space that no one has been able to breach before. It seemed like an insane mission. And Crazy was great at insane missions.

Smiling to himself, Crazy rose from his seat and made his way to the shuttle bay. On the way he stopped by the Off-Licence to stock up on some drink. He'd be needing it later on, and from the mission briefing, there probably wouldn't be any other chance to get any.

Having finished loading up the three trolly fulls of drink onto his shuttle, Crazy climbed into the cockpit, where the pilot was impatiently tapping the console. Before he could say anything, Crazy cut him off with a wave of the hand, and motioned for him to fly back to the Carrier. The bay doors of the hanger slowly slide open, as the shuttle rose from the deck. The landing gear slowly retracted as the engines flared to life and pushed the ugly hulk of metal out of the Space station and into the vast emptiness that was space. The shuttle banked sharply to the left as it scooted past the space station, dived under it and headed towards the large dark shape that was the Command Carrier Pegasus.

Klaxons sounded around the ship as Crazy ran onto the command bridge of the huge carrier. Men and Women all over the ship were rushing to get to their battle stations as red warning lights flashed in all corridors. As Crazy rounded the last bend and ran onto the ship, another klaxon sounded, announcing to the crew that the blast doors were going to be shut. Crazy skidded onto the bridge, as the doors behind slowly thumped closed. Panting, he sat down in his chair in the middle of the bridge, strapped himself in and pulled his console round.

"Ok boys and girls. Whats all the racket? Tell me whats going on"

No1: "We have eight Devron Anhiliator Class Concordat's on attack vector. Looks as though they've heard of our plan and want to stop us before we start."

"Well then. They want play already. Thats fine by me. Simon the sensor dude. Tell me what its like out there"

Simon the Sensor Dude: "Three Captains are already heading out to engage enemy ships. Others are still manuvering into position. Starting detailed scans on the concordats."

"Terrance (the Tactical Guy), whats our weapon status?"

Terrance the Tactical Guy: "All weapons are online. Gun ports are opened. Particle Grid is activated. All weapons are linked into it sir."

"Fantastic. Comms, signal any nearby Captains. See if they want to join up to take out one of those beasties. Wallace (The Wing Commander) status on our fighters?"

Wallace The Wing Commander: "All squdrons are at 100% and are ready for launch"

"Launch all fighters. Have them assume escort formation for now. I want to see who's with us before we attack anything. Howard (the Helm's Man), move us into position between the approaching ships and the World Ships. Our ship isn't very manuverable, but we sure as hell can get in their way and slow them down. Edward (the Engineer), get all ADCT's to their posts and get the Advanced Damage Control online. We'll be needing them both very soon it seems. Nina (the No.1) work with Edward. Link up our 5 AI's and get them work as one. Work with Charles (the Comms Man), and see if you can find a way to hack into the Devron's ship's computers. We might be able to cause some trouble if we can."

A series of afirmitives followed the orders, as men and women set about their tasks. The sound of the fighters launching from their bays echoed through the bridge, mixing up with the sounds of computers buzzing and bleeping and people giving orders to position men and women under their command.

-=Summary=-

- Moved into a protective position between the World Ships and the Devron
- Launched all fighters.
- All fighters are currently on 'Escort Duty'
- Linking up the 5 AI Computers to make one powerful AI
- Scanning the enemy ships with lots of powerful scanners to see if there is any weakness or any way to hack into their computers.
actions noted
moving into position with the Flagship near the World ships and moving with them
Fighters on CEP
AI linked
Scanners scanning enemy - no data as yet

Unread 8 May 2004, 16:23   #207
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Dachi
"An Officer of the Clan must always expect and be prepared for the unpredicted, for in war the unpredicted is most frequent and most dangerous." - Admiral Kojike Matsumori, The Imperial War Manual.

"All personnel to battle stations, I repeat, all personnel to battle stations. This is not a drill." The voice of one of the Yudachi's junior coms officers came loud and clear across the ship's intercom speakers as Shigen No Dachi, Chusa of the Asanawa Clan Imperial Navy, strode through its winding corridors toward the bridge. The Commander's uniform was crisp and clean, dark navy blue, with a crimson sash made from finest Harkun silk, matching the crimson Obi that ran around his waist, securing his two swords to his side. The two swords that were the mark of the samurai, of the Asanawa Clan's warriors. All Asanawa Clan combat personnel had two swords of this kind, but the two swords at the Shingen's waist were particularly significent. The longer of the two was the legendary Rotogan Katana, wielded by the great warrior-general No Dachi, who had united the lands of Akatasurrai beneath his banner on old Harkun and begun the Asanawa Clan's legacy. The Shingen offered a silent prayer up to his revered ancient ancestors as he approached a security checkpoint. The two Samurai Corps men standing guard both snapped to attention as the ship's commander came closer toward them. No Dachi stopped just before the heavy security door, currently open, before turning to the marine on the right, a Gunso or sergeant.

"Sergeant, radio the bridge immediately and relay the following orders to Shosha Kitsukani. The Yudachi is to detach immediately and head out onto the left flank. All drives to full speed, all weapon batteries prepared and ready. Do not engage the Devorans unless we are fired upon." No Dachi spoke quickly but clearly, a skill cultivated by his years of serving as an officer in the Imperial Navy. The marine was seemingly experienced. After a quick nod of understanding and a quick affirmation of "At once, sir," spoken through the external speakers of his enclosed armour, No Dachi heard the orders, again across the external speakers, being relayed to the bridge. With no time to spare, he hurried on. Not much further to the elevator now. The Yudachi represented the culmination of all the Asanawa Clan's ship-building experience from the ULP Wars, and more recently the civil war. The bridge was only accessible by the elevator shaft, opening four decks below in the middle of a hive of corridors designed to be as defensible as possible to the Samurai Corps Marines present on the ship. The Commander passed through several more security checkpoints, the marines at each saluting as he went through, before finally running through the open doors of the elevator. He hammered on the button for the bridge, and, seamlessly, the doors closed, before the elevator began to move upwards. The journey toward the higher decks of the warship was smooth and took just a matter of seconds, but to the anxious No Dachi these seconds seemed like hours. At last, the elevator stopped moving and the doors slid open. The Shingen hurried out onto the bridge...

---

Since the ship was currently at battle stations, none of the bridge personnel paused from their duties to salute No Dachi as he entered, save for the two marines at the door. No Dachi nodded in silent acknowledgement to them as he went past, before walking down an aisle between two og the glass sensor display panels being reviewed by a pair of Fleet Intelligence officers - the Yudachi was a task force command vessel, and as such was required to keep in touch with Naval Strategic High Command at all times. At present, the displays were showing two different situations. One was evidently showing the immediate vicinity of Ankaa, the departure point for the world ships and the present location of the Yudachi. The other was apparently showing the entire Federation territories, judging by the mass of red dots representing enemy ships forming a kind of circular perimeter around a large area, the borders of which were being watched by a few pathetically small clusters of green dots, representing friendly ships. No Dachi gave a few short but sad moments of thought to his family's beautiful ancestral homeworld of Harkun, doubtless soon to be destroyed under the waves of Devoran warships poised on the borders of the Empire. All such thoughts ceased as he reached the command chair in the centre of the bridge. After the Academy and the years of training and, later, experience of command such clearing of the mind came as second nature to the Shingen. He sat in the command chair, and, looking directly ahead at the various viewscreens showing relayed pictures from the camera drones orbitting the ship, saw two officers stood in front of him. One a man, his No1, Shosha Imaga Kitsukani, stood expectantly to the right. The other, an woman, Tada-noh-Yuna, Chief of Intelligence, stood to the left. No Dachi's experienced eye noted that both had something they wanted to report, and so, after a moment's consideration, the Shingen nodded toward Kitsukani, signalling for him to go first. The ship had pulled off from the docks and was now, from the camera drones, manouvreing to reach the Commander's desired attack point, and so they still had a few minutes to get the reports out of the way. Kitsukani took in a breath and shifted his easy-stance slightly before speaking.

"Sir, I have ordered the ship to break off from Ankaa and head to the attack point as per your instructions. There are eight Concordat-class vessels, each heavily armed, but none of them have made any form of offensive move yet. Several friendly vessels have already entered into attack runs and are heading for the Concordats." The man reported, as was his duty, the events that had occurred in the Commander's absense. No Dachi nodded as a fully annotated wireframe schematic of the Devoran Concordats' design appeared on the largest viewscreen, on the front wall directly ahead of him. As No Dachi looked over the weapon banks and shield generators, he recalled the info on the other vessels charged with defending the World Ships.

"We appear to be more or less evenly matched in terms of firepower. We will await the enemy's response to the initial attack by our comrades. Sensors, observe their response carefully. Fleet Intelligence review the data immediately and give me a report detailing any weaknesses in their formation and tactics." No Dachi said, giving a few preliminary orders based on the No1's report.

"Aye sir," responded the senior sensors officer almost immediately, "concentrating sensor arrays on the central portion of the enemy line being attacked by the others." No Dachi nodded. No affirmation of understanding was offered by noh-Yuna, but No Dachi saw her turn to face the two intelligence officers reviewing the sensor pannels and heard he relay the orders to them. He nodded again, this time directly at the female intelligence chief, signalling for her to give her report. She began immediately.

"My Lord, Strategic High Command has seen it fit to supplement our capabilities by dispatching two additional vessels - the newly-constructed War Carrier Hatsuhara and a planterary assault gun boat registered AGB-117F." She said, speaking quickly but clearly in the same way of all experienced officers. Yuna was renowned as one of the youngest holders of her position in the Clan's history, and was generally-regarded as one of the more capable of the new generation of officers. Before news of the impending Devoran hammerblow she was being reared on Fleet Intelligece's senior position promotion fast-track, after news of it she had been transferred on short notice to the Yudachi. Evidently Strategic Command wanted as many capable officers aboard the ship as possible.

"Both ships are in hyperspace transit as we speak, I take it?" He asked the Chief of Intelligence, his mind running over the potential new battle strategies that these two new additions to his command would enable. The women - young, only early twenties by the look of her - nodded.

"Yes sir. Both ships were dispatched here directly from Harkun. The Hatsuhara virtually Jumped off the construction line if High Command is to be believed." She saw the worried look on the Shingen's face, and added: "High Command anticipated problems with a green crew, Admiral Kojike assured me personally that the officers and NCOs of the ship are all of good experience and background." No Dachi relaxed, immediately relieved.

"Coms, send the following orders to High Command immediately to be relayed to the Hatsuhara and the AGB-117F in hyperspace transit;" he began the orders immediately, knowing the the senior coms officer would already be taking note, "both vessels are to alter their Exit co-ordinates to a few points off our current destination. From there we will be able to launch the attack as a combined force." He finished, a pause of a few seconds, then-

"Aye sir," the senior coms officer replied, having finished noting the message down, "I will relay the orders to High Command immediately." Finally, No Dachi turned to the ship's master gunner ((i.e, weapons officer)).

"Lock all primary weapon batteries onto the Concordat on the far left flank of the line but do not open fire. I want Quantum Torpedoes loaded and ready to fire along with the batteries as soon as I give the word. The ship defense grid is to be ready to destroy incoming enemy fighters and/or missiles." The Commander referred to the network of anti-fighter and point defense turrets that served as a last line of defense against incoming ordnance as well as the EMP missiles, which were the first line of defense. The master gunner nodded but gave no spoken confirmation. Not to worry, though No Dachi, for knowing the experienced chief weapons officer he had probably already given these orders. Last but not least, No Dachi pressed one of the coms buttons set into the arm of his command chair.

"Red Wing Leader reporting in." Said the wing commander, his voice audible via the speakers hidden somewhere on the command chair. No Dachi responded immediately.

"Lieutenant, launch your fighters immediately and adopt a protective position above us. Your purpose is to intercept and destroy as many fighters and missiles heading our way as you can."

"Aye sir, launching the wing. I'll keep you informed of anything interesting I see from up there. Over and out." The wing commander replied. No Dachi was again reminded of the man's good sense and good head for tactics...he watched the image of the encroaching Devoran Concordats on the viewscreen warily as he ran over possible attack strategems...

--

Summary
-The Yudachi is moving into position on the far left flank of the Concordat line. Gunners have been ordered not to open fire unless the ship is fired upon.
-The Hatsuhara and AGB-117F are Hyperspace inbound from the Harkun Military Orbital Dock. They have been ordered to alter their Exit co-ordinates to just aft of the Yudachi's destination.
-The Yudachi has launched all six fighters. The wing commander has been given orders to assume a defensive position above the Yudachi in order to track, intercept and attempt to destroy any incoming ordnance and/or fighters.
-The Yudachi's powerful sensors are being used to carefully examine the entire enemy fleet, as well as to observe the enemy fleet's response to the ongoing attack by other friendly vessels in the centre of their line.
-Fleet Intelligence officers have been ordered to examine the sensor data and report any weaknesses in or observations on the tactics, formation and design of the enemy vessels.
actions noted
Ships inbound arrive DM post 3
your ships moving to inyercept the Devoran along with Bakan and FJ
fighters launched on C/SEP
Scanners scanning enemy - No Data as yet
FI will give 10% boost to weapon damage with data gained by scanners

Unread 8 May 2004, 16:24   #208
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt
ooc: Just a thought but would anyone object if I were to add the Immortal Raven and the BA squadron to the fleet? I've never really had much of a chance to use these designs much in the past and I think I've just been hit by a way to make the respective captains more interesting...

Or it could just be a brain fart. Either case is possible.
i will allow you yo use one of the ships from previous MoA and Rommey threads

Unread 8 May 2004, 16:27   #209
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidK
*Captain Cid Killer of Shraan Sector walked back onto the bridge of his flagship, the Amodyte and looked carefully around what remained of his crew from the last few battles they had to fight before arriving back to Kipire space. His old and very trusted Number One, Heikonan Kosaga, stood near the holopad where an overlay of the mission was being displayed. He turned from his position to face Cid and gave a formal salute.*

No1: Welcome back, Sector Commander.
Cid: Thank you, Kosaga, at ease. What's the fleet situation?
No1: All three vessels are ready to do whatever needs be done, sir... Kinda brings back memories, no?
Cid: Only seen the holographs, Kosaga... but yeah, just like when Shraan...
CO: Sir, other fleets are assembling.
Cid: Very good, move the fleet into position near the World Ships.
Helm: Yes sir.
FC: Telling other ships now, sir.
Comms: Sir, I have been intercepting messages from that huge battleship, sir... It seems that Bogg is in command.
Cid: Bogg? How the heck did he afford that thing?
Comms: Not sure, sir, but it's definatly his voice...

*Cid sighed with a smile and shook his head. After a moments pause he looked up and then nodded to his Communications Officer.*

Cid: Send him a welcoming message... do not mention, on any circemstances, that he is on that vessel... just want to see how much he can gloat. Never know, might be quite a luagh listening to him praising himself a little.
Comms: Yes sir...
Cid: Launch all fighters, power up all weapons, sheilds and ready all missile pods. All fighters are to spread out in multiple Claw formations (ooc- 3D X shape, homeworld -ooc) and to patrol around all three of our ships, regardless of what vessel they launched from.
WC: Launching now, sir. Orders are set.
WO: Powering up weapons and readying pods, sir.
CO: Sheilds charged to full power, sir.
Cid: Any word from the Alyssians yet?
Comms: No sir, no word at all.

*Cid sat down in his comfy leather seat, placing the tips of his fingers together and making his face completly unimotional.*

Cid: Well then, let's see what this would bring...

-Actions-
Powering up weapons, sheilds and engines
Moving to defensive positions near World Ships
Launching all fighters to defend all 3 ships (Alyssian ship defending my station near Darkspace borders, Shraan Sector)
Fighters to go into multiple Claw Formations

actions noted
weapons and sheilds powering up
Moving into position near the World Ships and along with Crazy and the Flagship
fighters in Claw formation (+10% attack bonus vs other fighter formations)
fighters launched

Unread 8 May 2004, 16:28   #210
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Right I've edited my post (#118) as requested and I hope that it's ok. Seeing I got no reply to my earlier questions, I trust that my ship has the LH seal of approval?
approved
pending stat gestapo :gollum:

Unread 8 May 2004, 16:31   #211
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
*Kama strode on to the bridge and climbed into the centrally mounted control chair, from here she could access reports from all ship stations, monitor the vitals and surf the ship's database, she even had a pair of joy sticks integrated on each arm of the seat tied into main control, should it be required, or purely for entertainment. The Commander's chair was everything about it was sleak. The ship itself was super sleak, mostly likely the sleakest vessel in existance, rumour suggest it was created as a joint project, during the secret co-operation of Kipirial Space Forces and one of the old Space Pirate houses. Four thrusters extended from her aft section, circling the primary Transwarp outlet, which would spin a funky stream of ether during a jump. The hull was painted in adventerous crimson and held an impressive gleam of the Phased Colapsium Deuterium alloy. The engineers had worked hard optimising the cruiser for maximum maneuoverablity, over offensive strength, not that it couldn't deliever a substancial ammount of firepower from the multiple missile turrets.

*The Commander smiled and motioned her crew into action, the last of the duty officers were readying their stations for battle and the vessel accelerated into line with the rest of the fleet, followed by the two light cruisers of the same banner. The El Dorado and it's sister ship The Shangri'la, where of significant difference in style to the XGP, but mained a moderate theme of sleakness about them, lesser armoured but still finely crewed and ready for a challenge, the Yellow hulls arc smoothly atop the menancing Ventral spear design.

"This is Commander J-Kama-Ka-C reporting from the XGP, my vessels are standing by, I see we're all preparing to take the fight to the Devorans, say the word and my ship will form up escort the attack run on the left side. Waiting for confirmation."
actions noted
your ships move to attack the Devoran along with

ND
FJ
BK

Unread 8 May 2004, 16:33   #212
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt
SO:All systems are green captain.

Helm: Docking clamps clear sir.

Hewitt: Get us out of this metal box. Take it slow.

*Hewitt stood upon the newly built command deck, arms behind his back - a casual but commanding figure riding a recently tamed wild animal for the first time. He should've been happy and some what excited. He should've been admiring the spiffy new command bridge from the unique vantage point provided by the elevated command deck. He should've been commenting on how nice the curved metal architecture suited his asetic tastes, how he admired the scores of operation staff working around the clock in the vast control pit below the expansive space lined with shiny new control panels mared only by the odd coffee 'rim stain'. But what he especially should've been admiring right about now is the marvelous view of the insides of the ANKAA shipyards as his ship creep out slowly into the deep space beyond, a view made possible by the ingenious polarised, one-way plasti-durasteel dome suspended several metres above him. But no. None of these things crossed Hewitt's mind, something had put him in a foul mood.

His father.

Even now as he stared forward at the region of space before him, the four large black cruisers with their stylised commercial gold logos and eccentric grey lines drifted into his field of vision. Hewitt growled something unpleasant under his breath as the memory of the last meeting with the captain of those ships re-surfaced in his memory.

"You're lucky the feds have bigger fish to fry at the moment for I seriously doubt they would've let you hold the FSS Excellisior for as long as they have."

"The ships name is the 'Pandora' Paul, and what's my affairs got to do with you huh?"

"They've got everything to do with me since you carry the family name along with all the inherited responsiblities. And it's DAD you little punk and don't you f*ckin' forget it."

"Kiss my ass rummy."

"Now what's with that hey? I'm you're genetic old man ffs. Haven't you heard the phrase 'Respect you elders'?"

"No, but the words 'Genetics is a curse' do come to mind however. Now if you'll excuse me I've got more important matters to attend to like washing my own ass..."

"WTF!? You're not going any where until I f*ckin' say so!"

"Let go of me you old fart or so help me god I'll REALLY make it known what I think of you."

"*Chuckles* What? You would hit your old man? Not likely."

"Don't push me pops."

"Ooooo... my son is mad at me. Quick! Someone hold me! I'm shaking! I need comfort! Bartender! Double scotch on the rocks! HAHAHA!"

"This is you last f*cking warning you old bastard."

"*Slurp!* *SLAM!* Try it pup. I'll have you on the floor so fast you'll wonder if you ever woke up this morning."

"Rrrrrrrrr..."

The rest was a bit hazy after that. And sore. So very very sore...*
Actions Noted
arrived at ANKAA

Unread 8 May 2004, 16:36   #213
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffie
I've tweaked a bit and since we all.. or at least, me and probably some other.. have nothing better to do, it'll be posted now! Hurray!

(I changed some Quantum to Plasma because... Well, it felt better )
(Same goes for having 250 Slipstream Fighters now...)

Concordat Battle Star - 500 000 c

- Can carry either 60 Light Fighters, 40 Medium Fighters, 20 Heavy Fighters or 10 Scout Ships.
- The hold can be modified to carry ships upto Advanced War Frigate size. A maximum of 3 such vessels, each vessel carried costs 5 000 tonnes of hold space.

Shields (30):
x1 Gravometeric Defence Grid (10) - 95 000 c
x5 Electromagnetic Shields (10) - 250 000 c
x10 Meta Shielding (10) - 60 000 c

Weaponry ((100+5)*2=210):
x2 Phased Particle Phaser 8 (30) - 100 000 c

x6 Quantum Cannon (12) - 15 000 c
x6 Plasma Cannon (12) - 21 000 c

x6 Heavy Disruptor Cannons (24) - 18 000 c
x8 Heavy Neutron Cannons (32) - 80 000 c

x2 Particle Array (20) - 36 000 c
x30 Particle Laser (60) - 45 000 c

x4 Type 20 Tractor Beam (8) - 20 000 c
x2 Type 40 Tractor Beam (12) - 30 000 c

External (60+2=62):
x2 Cobalt Mine (2) - 2 000 c

x192 Slipstream Fighter (48) - 96 000 c
x58 Slipstream Fighter (N/A)

x8 Assault Shuttle (8) - 24 000 c

Sensor Array (1)
Lateral Sensor Array (3)

Additional (70):
x5 Weaponry Mounts (5)
x2 External Mount (2)
x26 Engine/Drive Mounts (26)

x2 Colapsium Hull Armour (1) - 20 000 c
x1 Phased Colapsium Hull Armour (1) - 30 000 c

x6 Quantum Cannon (6)
x6 Plasma Cannon (6)

x1 Advanced AI Ships Computer (N/A)
x1 Advanced Flight Control (N/A)
x1 Advanced Tactics Computer (1) - 400 c

x1 Armoury (2) - 5 000 c
x1 Command Bridge (6) - 15 000 c

x1 ADMD (N/A)
x1 Emergency Medical Hologram (1) - 1 000 c

x1 Astrometrichs (4) - 30 000 c
x1 Deflector Dish (1) - 300 c
x1 Sensor Array (1) - 2 000 c
x1 Lateral Sensor Array (1) - 500 c
x1 Phase Scanners (1) - 1 000 c

x1 Twin Turret Mount Upgrade (4)

Engines/Drives (1+26=27):
x6 Fusion Drive (6) - 600 c
x5 Ion Drive (5) - 1 000 c
x12 Impulse Drive (12) - 24 000 c
x4 Slipstream Drive (4) - 100 000 c

20 000 tonnes hold:
1 000 tonnes of Armoured Cargo Space

x1 Advanced AI Ship's Computer (1 tonne)
x6 Quantum Cannons (12 tonnes)
x18 Cobalt Mine Reloads (18 tonnes) - 18 000 c

x20 SSS (20 tonnes)
x10 Shock Troops (10 tonnes) - 7 000 c
x60 Marines (60 tonnes)
x2 SET (8 tonnes)
x4 SDT (8 tonnes) - 4 000 c
x8 ADCT (16 tonnes)
x2 MASH (10 tonnes) - 500 c
x2 Logistics & Support Division (100 tonnes) - 300 c

Total cost: 1 652 699 c

(Still not the 'to-be'-version. And sorry for anyone offended by my clogging the thread...)
approved the clock counts down till it is destroyed.......

Unread 8 May 2004, 16:38   #214
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planetkiller II
Now with added ness...

Ship Name: Striker Draconis

Battle Cruiser Omni Hull - c 65,000

Colapsium Armoured Hull - c 20000
Bio Organic Hull Armour - c95000

Meta Shields -c
Meta-Phasic Shields -c 10000
Electromagnetic Shields - c 50000
Gravometeric Defence Grid - c 95000
Vorlon Shields - c175000

2 x Particle Cannon - c 6000
2 x Medium Tau Cannon – c30000
3 x Tau Missile – c27000
6 x Nova Cannon – c9000

20 x ‘Black Draconic’ Class Interceptor Striker
10 x ‘Black Drake’ Class Anti Capital Ship Striker
5 x ‘Black Draciel’ Class Troop Transport Striker

PK II Cloaking Device - c 3000

10 x Pyrian Teleporter Brigades
10 x Pyrian Teleporter Elite Brigades
1 x Pyrian Teleporter Mech Suit Brigades

Deflector Dish - c 300
Sensor Array - c 2000
Advanced Tactics Computer – c400
Advanced AI Ships Computer - c 250
Emergency Medical Hologram - c 1000
Lateral Sensor Array - c 500
Advanced Ship Probes - c 50
ADMD - Advanced Med bay - c 5000
Advanced Engineering Bay - AEB - c 500
Phase Scanners - c1000
Holo Deck - c 5000
Astrometrics - c30000
Security Stations - c 6000
Armoury - c 5000
Command Bridge - c15000
Hydroponics – c5000
Tractor Beam Mk XVI – c5000

ADVENT Generator
House Aswana Upgrade

Impulse Drive - c2000
4 x Linear Drives – c4000
6 x Fusion Drive - c 600
Ion Drive - c 200
3 x Black Hole Generator – c21000

2 mounts remain
0c remains
approved

Unread 8 May 2004, 16:43   #215
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

you will see from the way i now do the threads that i do not roleplay the crews for you....

why?

well this is to allow YOU to roleplay your crews (you do it better than me anyhow and you have given them names as well - i would not be able to remeber them as well)

you will see anything inmportant in the one post that i do that will be the summary of tll the actions you do

i still score the thread on your replys so carry on doing what you do best

my notes will appear as follows

actions noted means that i have recognised all the basic stuff you have posted and summarised

also i will post what i consider to be actions worthy of note and i may put bonuses in brackets

i will also post the results of other actions there as well

Unread 8 May 2004, 17:01   #216
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Ur_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the rough

Right then. Here's my new, but not improved ship. I checked and rechecked everything, it should be without errors this time unless my engines miraculously turn into superweapons or something . To make it easy for the one doing the corrections, the changes I made are:
Removed 2 hyperdrive and 1 impulse engine
Removed 1 emp and 1 photon reload
Removed 1 AFD and 1 AMDII
Removed 6 Phased Hellbore Cannons
Added 1 quad blaster cannon (total on ship is 3 now)
Added 8 Heavy Disruptors

Ship Name: The Frivolous Rainbow
Ship Class: Dreadnaught

Engines: (all of them are Kylithium enhanced to give 200% power)
- 2x Ion Drive (1 for Electromagnetic Shields, 1 backup)
- 3x Fusion Drive (1 for each PPP8, 1 backup)
- 7x Impulse Drive
- 2x Trans Warp Drive
- 2x Hyper Drive (backup in case Transwarp doesn't work)
Armour/Shields:
- 1x Colapsium Armour
- 1x Electromagnetic Shields
- 1x Cloaking Shield
- 2x Meta Shielding
- 1x Meta-Phasic Shields
- 3x Phase Shields
Weapons:
- 2x Phased Particle Phaser 8 (superweapon, 3 posts to charge)
- 8x Heavy Disrupters
- 1x Particle Array (combines light weapons into grid, works as AFDII + AMDII, weapons 50% more eff.)
- 3x Quad Blaster Cannon (does not overheat)
- 4x Photon Cannon (in particle array)
- 4x Medium Ion Cannon (in particle array)
- 2x Neutron Cannon (in particle array)
- 2x Electro Pulse Gun (in particle array)
- 2x Medium Blaster Cannon (in particle array)
- 40x Light Plasma Cannon (in particle array)
- 1x AMDII (in particle array)
- 1x AFD (in particle array)
- 2x Tractor Beam Mk X (in particle array)
External:
- 10x Nial [aka Windstar] Heavy Fighter
- 8x Hawk Class Medium Fighter
- 2x Assault Shuttle
- 1x Deflector Dish
- 1x Armoured Escape Pods (20 tubes to a mount; escape pods, marine assault pods)
- 1x External for Sensor Array
- 1x External for Lateral Sensor Array
- 2x EMP Missiles (2x20 shots)
- 2x Photon Torp (2x4 shots)
- 2x Gravatic Missiles (2x6 shots)
- 2x Cluster Missile (2x3 shots)
Additional:
- 1x Advanced Tactics Computer
- 1x Advanced AI Ships Computer
- 1x Advanced Engineering Bay
- 1x Cloaking Device
- 1x Additional for Cloaking Shield
- 1x Lateral Sensor Array
- 1x Sensor Array
- 1x Phase Scanners
- 1x ADMD (Advanced Med bay)
- 1x Emergency Medical Hologram
- 1x Security Stations (Security Officer)
- 1x Hydroponics (Botanist Officer)
- 1x Armoury (Arms Master)
- 1x Holo Deck
- Weapon Mounts [14]
Troops:
- 4x Logistics and Support Division
- 5x MASH
- 4x ADCT
- 40x Heavy Infantry
- 20x Shock Troops
Hold:
- Reload: 5x EMP Missiles (5x20 shots)
- Reload: 4x Photon Torp (4x4 shots)
- Reload: 8x Gravatic Missiles (8x6 shots)
- Reload: 4x Cluster Missile (4x3 shots)
- 10x Mark 3 Probes
Unread 8 May 2004, 17:16   #217
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Ur_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Hawk
approved
pending stat gestapo :gollum:
You just approved a flawed design (due to the Phased Hellbore Cannons) (see post #200) I have now correct for this and my new ship is in post #216. It's mostly the same ship bar those modifications that I speak of in post #216.
Unread 8 May 2004, 18:20   #218
Darkling
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

Carter Looking into the expanse of space, a mass of ships all thrown into an abyss of chaos. Closing his eyes to lsiten to the beating ehart of the ship, as its conduuits humm with power and noise.
"Status on the enemy fleet?"
Carter eyes looking across to his scince officer, catching a wary glance of his fiest officer obviusly nervous about somthing.
"Would appear as though they charged weapons and sheilds going to meet the defence force head on"
Taking another look toward his first officer making note of his composure.
"Helm Bring us back, bring us closer to the World ship I dont like how this is looking its to simple of a plan somthing else is going to happen. Science If any enemy ships get close to them or us cloak without question understood?"
A sterness about the order
"Of coruse ill also keep the scanners as active as possible without giving our postion away"
A sly smile crossing Carters face
"As it should be"
Catching a sight at glimpse of his eyes of his first occier lean in to whisper
"What are you thinking, if the fightings in front of us and we are going backwards. Thats means you suspect somthing am I corecct?"
The ex-officers voice a little ragged coming out like a croak
"You would be correct though I would rather not say right now, could be just a twinge. But I have not lived this long by following orders blindly sure you understand"
Smilling palicng an arm upon the mans shoudler in freindly manner
"Right we cant sit around all day get to it, and science I am feeling uncharisly generious today. Pass on any data you get on enemy to the rest of the fleet, in coded bursts of course dont want to make it look as though we have gone soft"

The Black rose taking a hard turn in space firing its side thrusters to face the other direction. A burst from main impulse drive, pushing it forward rapidly dodging past the various crusiers and destroyers.

Actions
  • Heading to take position not far from world ships, disrectly as possible
  • Orders to cloak if any enemy gets enar the Black Rose or The World Ships
  • Orders to pass on any discovered data about the enemy ships to the rest of the fleet in short coded message for security reasons
  • Scanners on constant passive scan
  • Still monitoring Communciations channels of both Allies and Enemies
Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2004, 20:48   #219
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

J-Kama-Ka-C is on a distinguished road

Quote:
my notes will appear as follows

actions noted means that i have recognised all the basic stuff you have posted and summarised
You know it was technically only 8 days since the last DMing...

Mind if I add in the summery to the post I was going to do but didn't :-D

2x Heavy Fusion Cannon - charging
2x Tractor Beam Mk40 - charging
Ships form on wing of ND/FJ/BK
Comms stil open to UQ

For continuity sake and stuff like that... ;-)
Unread 8 May 2004, 20:52   #220
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts

Am I in formation with Bakan and FJ then? Because I kind of didn't want to be. I was meant to be taking the far left field...
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2004, 22:36   #221
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

Appologies, miss-read and remembered battle scene.

>Inputting data correction to //temp
>Opening //master data
>Applying logic search
>Best match structured 90% fit
>Update of //master complete
>Closing files

*Ahem*

Devoran Concordats #1-8

8 7 6 5 4
- 1 2 3 -

Front Lines
Dachi - 3 ships - heading for #8
Bakan - 3 ships - closing on #4
Flapjack - 4 ships - formation with Bakan
Ur Quan - 1 ship - heading for #2
Kama - 3 ships - initially heading for #1, but swiftly looking for someone to flank. Frivolous Rainbow looks like a prime target. Oh dear no, anyone but Bogg...

Second Line
Darkstorm - 1 ship
Darkling - 1 ship
Crazyboy - 1 ship
Hewitt - 2 ships
AcidK - 3 ships

World ships
1 2 3 4 5

Ships Car park
Rich old Fluffie yet to get anywhere near the thought of action.
?Planet Killer - 1 ship - anybodies guess

Funky Show Off Stations
Added for shameful arogance factor++
Unread 9 May 2004, 00:51   #222
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

you forgot that.. super carrier...

that ugly thing, indeed
Unread 9 May 2004, 02:18   #223
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Second Line
Darkstorm - 1 ship
Oh...... Right
Unread 9 May 2004, 05:13   #224
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Dreadnaught - c 200000
this hull needs 6 engines to power it
30 shield mounts
70 turret mounts
2 super weapon mounts
60 extrenal mounts
60 additional mounts
(can carry 2 police cruiser sized vessels)
(can carry either 30 light fighters or 20 medium fighters or 10 Heavy Fighters or 5 Scout ships)

I know I don't get the police cruisers for free as I've already asked that, but is there actually any benefit to being able to carry those things or is this just another paper tiger?
Unread 9 May 2004, 10:32   #225
No Dachi

I guess you could take them in to prevent them being damaged or something...

Unread 9 May 2004, 12:21   #226
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

and that way you don't have to equip them with the slipstream drive you put on your dreadnought, so they can move just as fast as you can without spending all that extra cash.
Not to mention the look on your enemy's face when you deploy those 2 police cruisers

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2004, 13:06   #227
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

they're not for combat ships :\
they're for yaughts! us cool people... ehm.. ME cool people have to be

Unread 9 May 2004, 13:21   #228
flapjack
crashed computer

all space on a combat ship is reserved for combat thingies, so, we'll it combat yaughts... Yaughts with big guns

Unread 9 May 2004, 13:22   #229
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Quote:
the only vessels ro have 2 or more were the SSD and the Deathstar and the Super Carrier and Concordats
so it IS still six superweapons for the concordat, or not?

damnit

*needs to redesign *
Unread 9 May 2004, 14:36   #230
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Dachi
Am I in formation with Bakan and FJ then? Because I kind of didn't want to be. I was meant to be taking the far left field...
no you are on your own - it is only mentioned with fj and bk as the course of the battle unfolds all the devoran can see is a number of ships moving out at this point by DM post 2 the situation should be clear

Unread 9 May 2004, 14:36   #231
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffie
so it IS still six superweapons for the concordat, or not?

damnit

*needs to redesign *
normal concordat can have 4

Unread 9 May 2004, 14:40   #232
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Dreadnaught - c 200000
this hull needs 6 engines to power it
30 shield mounts
70 turret mounts
2 super weapon mounts
60 extrenal mounts
60 additional mounts
(can carry 2 police cruiser sized vessels)
(can carry either 30 light fighters or 20 medium fighters or 10 Heavy Fighters or 5 Scout ships)

I know I don't get the police cruisers for free as I've already asked that, but is there actually any benefit to being able to carry those things or is this just another paper tiger?
LH does Homer Simpson type impression Doh!!!!

yes you carry them because

A) they provide much needed escorts - if needed
b) they can act as a nice surprise for teh enemy
c) they can add much needed fire power
d) they can act as a ships yaught
e) they can act as rescue ships if needed

Unread 9 May 2004, 16:48   #233
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

F) They can be tractorred into the hull, during elaborate recreations of Blockade Runner meets Star Destroyer for the entertainment of Dark Lords.
Unread 9 May 2004, 17:16   #234
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Quote:
normal concordat can have 4
how about a fluffy twin turret mounted one? double weapons...... double superweapons? ?
Unread 9 May 2004, 17:43   #235
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
i will allow you yo use one of the ships from previous MoA and Rommey threads
Ok, I'll go with the Immortal Raven as the second ship.

The BA squad can die with the rest of the SRSA when the DEVORAN reach SANCTUARY.

Bravely ofc

Now that's a big ship.

*Paul Hewitt Jnr, CEO of the SANCTUARY RUM DISTILLERIES COMPANY couldn't help but shake his head as he watched the heavily modified federation ship exit from ANKAA dry dock. It still looked much like the vessel stolen nearly fifteen years ago... only tan coloured... and that large sextet of engines in that armoured triangular shape looked new not to mention that rather nifty looking gold dome...

F*ck! How does such a puny little upstart put together an impressive piece of metal like that when half the known universe wants him drawn and quartered?*

Hewitt: All right everyone, let's get our asses up there and kick a few in the name of humanity!

*A large cheer goes up in the small bridge section of the Immortal Raven.

Poor, deluded souls...*

Hewitt: Helm! Park us under that funny-looking dreadnaught while the WO here charges up the phased hellbores. You both get that?

Helm: Yes sir!

WO: As always sir...

*Hewitt Jnr just nods before turning back to the tac-screen. The large battleship Pandora quickly pans out of view as his ship backs around heavily.

There's no way in hell any bastard son of mine is going to upstage me in a fight ever again, that's for sure...

-----------------------------------------

No.1: The Raven is turning towards the battle sir. Shall we hail them before we all get 'down and dirty' so to speak?

Hewitt: Are you serious? I don't want to be on the receiving end of any kind of pep talk from that old cocksucker. No. Let's just get this f*ckin' over with so we can all go back to sipping vodka martini's in the holodeck bar yes?

No.1: A big aye! aye! to that sir.

*Hewitt looked down at the claw-shaped commericalised heavy cruiser as it sped away. The box surrounding it on the bridge HUD was a clear blue - a neutral target.*

Hewitt: Ok peeps. Let's see what this baby can do... let's start by stretching her legs shall we?

Helm: YES SIR! Full speed ahead it is!

*The entire rear section of Pandora was suddenly obsured by bright ionised light as her engine array shifted straight into top gear. The suddenly acceleration caused several smaller ships to scatter in all directions.*

No.1: Now that's power.

*Hewitt just grins.*

Helm: Where shall I pull up sir?

Hewitt: Take us up alongside the Frivolous Rainbow. Also WO, I want those supercannons warmed up and ready by the time we reach the enemy.

WO: Heavy pulse cannons on the fry and cooking sir.

No.1: Anything else?

Hewitt: Yeah actually, deploy our fighters and send them with the rest of the fleet squadrons protecting the motherships. The WC knows what to do from that point on.

*As the battleship Pandora pulled up alongside the Frivolous Rainbow pairs of fighters began to drop from her underbelly and head over to the massed fighters of the federation, kipire, clanners and anyone else affliliated in this hopeless cause to save humanity.*

----------------------------------------------------------------

Action listings
Immortal Raven
- Deployed underneath the Frivolous Rainbow (lining up to take on enemy ship #6...)
- Commensed charging of superweapons.

Pandora
- Deployed alongside the Frivolous Rainbow (lining up to take on enemy ship #3)
- Commensed charging of superweapons.
- Deployed all 20 Jupiter fighters to protect the motherships. 4 Delta formations of 5 planes each.
- Reprimanded several drunken crew members who were using the tinted windows to make funny faces and rude signs at the Frivolous Rainbow.

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 00:05   #236
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

AcidK has a spectacular aura aboutAcidK has a spectacular aura about

SO: Sir, incoming Devoran ships... 9 of them total, and thety don't look pretty.

*Cid turns suddenly to watch the schimatics of the enemy concordats and the massive cruiser.*

Cid: Great, talk about massive fleet. Keep ALL fighters in defensive mode around the ships, orders are to destroy any Devoran vessel heading our way, regardless of size. All fighters are to Stick To Formation! I want a lock on those ships for our missiles. When the sheilds are at 50%, launch all of them! In the mean time, continue charging superweapons and attack using all of our energy-based weapons unto the nearest Concordat!

*Cid sat down and began drumming his fingers on the side of his command chair, beginning to formulate multiple plans in his head. Then he suddenly had a thought.*

Cid: Scatter our capital ships, all ships are to attack at 30degrees from one another onto the Concordat, 90degrees full fighting force.
Comms: Relaying Orders now, sir.
Cid: Focus all medium to heavy energy weapons onto that Concordat, all medium weapons are to stand by to defend against fighters along-side our Fighter Defence units!
Comms: New orders relayed again, sir.

*Cid attempted to relax in his chair. After a few seconds he decided that it didn't work and began to formulate a few more bagttleplans in his head.*

-Summary-
Ships at total 90degree angle to nearest Concordat (30 degrees from each other)
Fighters are to target devoran vessels that come near the three Shraan capital ships, formation is to be kept at all times
Heavy and Medium weapons are to shoot at nearest Concordat
Light energy weapons to support Anti-Fighter Defences
All missiles to wait until nearest Concordat is at 50% sheilds before launching ALL of them
Superweapons at 2nd phase of charging
Demand to see life's manager.
Make life rue the day it thought it could give me lemons.
Do you know who I am?
I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down!
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
AcidK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 00:37   #237
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

To help prevent some confusion and stuff like that I've dug up the old Heads Up Radar set jobbie that I used to do back in the first few days of Rommey when ships numbers could be counted on one hand.

Here's an artistic impression of the battle as it stands now.

[Badships] <--- [Good ships] [World Ships] [Cool Stations]

Please note, much detail will not be added, because that would take effort, picture subject to simulation of battle tactics, eg - the swift edit to account for Cid's latest move.
Unread 10 May 2004, 09:45   #238
flapjack
crashed computer

I'm so happy i'm the only person with 4 ships, that way it only takes a glance at the picture to figure which of those formations of ships i'm in :P

Unread 10 May 2004, 18:02   #239
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
To help prevent some confusion and stuff like that I've dug up the old Heads Up Radar set jobbie that I used to do back in the first few days of Rommey when ships numbers could be counted on one hand.

Here's an artistic impression of the battle as it stands now.

[Badships] <--- [Good ships] [World Ships] [Cool Stations]

Please note, much detail will not be added, because that would take effort, picture subject to simulation of battle tactics, eg - the swift edit to account for Cid's latest move.
cool makes my job easier too

Unread 10 May 2004, 18:16   #240
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

Might label it at some point... but like Flapjack most folks should be able to work out whom's who.
Unread 10 May 2004, 19:20   #241
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about

ooc// very good Kama, now can anyone tell me which one's me? //ooc

*The alarms were sounding loudly. They were very annoying. Peter King opened his eyes to see a darkened room, the inside of his cabin. It had been greatly improved on the last refit, with a proper bed, chairs and the rest. Of course, everything had been greatly improved on the last refit. PK doubted there was a weapon in the universe that could take out the Striker Draconis' new shield systems while they were at full power. Tech had come up with some rather interesting new weapons too. By the sound of the alarms, it was time to see how well they performed. He jumped up, pulled on a navy jacket and the rest of his uniform and rushed out of the door. A few minutes later, he arrived on the battle deck which was already a hive of activity . PK quickly took his seat in the centre of the room and asked for a situation report..*

LRO - The Devoran are here, 8 concordat classes, multiple fighter groups.

SRO - Allied vessels are moving to engage, including various classes, led by our Devastator Super-Carrier.

"Well let's get this show on the road. I assume you've started charging weapons?

GO - Aye sir, 4 Linear Drives, 3 Black Hole Generators, 2 Particle Cannon on their way to being charged. The new Tau Cannon are ready to be fired on your command. Nova Cannon and Tau Missiles ready to be deployed at your leisure.

"Alright. Leave the ADVENT generator powered down. We obviously don't want to impede the Worldships' escape. Engage the cloak and bring sensors to maximum. All crew are to arm and make ready for combat, especially the brigadesmen, I want to see how well they'll perform. Launch all 20 Black Drakes, they're on interception duty, taking out any fighters or missiles that come our way. Now, let's get those new shields up and running."

ISO - Aye sir. Meta Shieldsing System engaged, boosting power to the shield grid. Meta-Phasic Shields powering. Electromagnetic Shields online. Gravometeric Defence Grid locked in and ready. Vorlon Shieldsgoing up. All shield systems report green

WO - Weapons report green.

EO - Propulsion and power reports green.

LRO - All systems green sir.

"Then let's take the fight to them. SRO, take us evasive and swift. Target enemy vessel 7, all weapons..."

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics
Planetkiller II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 21:06   #242
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

If memory servers, and until I account for your latest post, you'll be the lone ship on the rear lines. You can spot the World ships alright, well you can see Darkling's Mk4 Scout taking position beside them, then it's you to the right, and then the two big carrier ships of Crazy and Darkstorm.
Unread 10 May 2004, 21:58   #243
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

It kinda reminds me of Space Invaders.
Incidentally, my dear Kama, Bogg is waiting for some sort of reply from you.
Unread 11 May 2004, 00:07   #244
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

Wondered who would be the first to suggest such a thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur Quan
Bogg: "Now get a connection with that J-Kama-Ka-C."
Comms: "Connection established, captain."
* Bogg turned once more to his viewscreen and began to speak: "Oh hello, commander J-Kama-Ka-C I presume? I am cap... Grand Admiral Phinneas Bogg of the powerful dreadnaught The Frivolous Rainbow. I hear you shall be fighting alongside my ship and I'm very much looking forward to making you acquaintance. How about some dinner in my quarters when this battle has finished?"
* No1 coughs.
Bogg: "Hm? Oh, wait, I have other engagements then, how about tomorrow?"
* SO coughs.
Bogg: "Or the day after tomorrow, that'd be fine too?
* WO coughs.
Bogg: "Alright alright alright. Heh, being Grand Admiral of a big starship like this is a demanding job as you may have noticed. How about in three days then?
*The Commander looks up from her conversation with the tactical officer to the viewscreen now projecting the image of one "Bogg"

"Mmhm, it's a pleasure I'm sure Mr.Phinneas, I can call you Phinneas, excellent, though I wasn't aware we had a Grand Admiral in the fleet... The honour is all mine I'll asume, and such a such a fitting vessel, you must be able to see right the way around the system from up there."

*Kama makes a gesture to the Helmsman offscreen and her ship the XGP falls in step beside the Frivolous Rainbow

"I trust you have a devilishly cunning plan to defeat the approaching warships, then it seems the World ships are in safe hands. My cruisers have matched your attack vectors. That hunky dreadnaught of your's must be more than a match for the central concordat #2, we will hold your flank and attempted to draw the fire from Concordat #1"

*The two light frigates draw into formation along side the XGP, and have now raised shields.

"Engine room, make the most of it, it's smooth sailing for now, steady power flow, lets get those Fusion Cannons warmed up, I want power reserves at maximum, we'll need a steady burst for the Tractor Beams."

"Weapons, arm all missile bays, get ready for rapid combat, I want high yeild bursts, lets take it to them."

"Helm, we don't have the most maneoverable cruiser in the fleet for nothing, show that Devoran scum what a little human engineering can accomplish, we're going to tease them as much as possible, keep it sharp and we'll draw their fire, watch those pulse cannon."

*Somewhere amoung all of this the commander manages to reply to Boggs advances in the most complicated and trival manner until everyone's a tiny big lost in confusion and somewhere along the line she managed to get a hair-dressing appointment three days from now.
Unread 15 May 2004, 14:26   #245
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

new bombers added

Unread 15 May 2004, 15:28   #246
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Main Story - the Mission Begins

The Grand Admiral of the Feseartion looks at the Dark Emperor J-Kama-Ka-C

GA - It looks bad are you sure that these scans are correct

DEJKKC - Yes the Scanners of the Show Off Space Station are correct, there can be no doubt about it....

GA - But the sheer scale of the enemy.........

Dark Fluffie walks in with Shogun No Dachi of the ASANAWA IMPERIUM

DF - we have recevied news from the Iosi based scouts

SND - We have also used the Elite Angels to verify the facts.....

all look at the massive 3D Holo Emmitter that shows the ERRIDANNI Sector, there are thousands of red blips (triangle shaped) that are set against a Thick Bold White line that indicates the edge of

Federation,
Asanawa Imperium,
Federation,
The Confederation

Space, on the other side of the line can be seen other coloured blips but they are far fewer than the red ones

GA - then there is no doubt about it, the DEVORAN are preparing for a major assault

DEJKKC - more like a war I would think

SND - Hmmmmmm ...... I would say with forces like that then it will be more like a War of Annilhiation, we do not stand a chance

DF - How many Devoran ships

GA - over 1000000 ships so far and counting and looking at them from the reports -

He takes a datapad from a nearby desk -

GA - They are at least light cruiser sized and above

DF - So we are doomed then?

all look at DF and seem to nod in agreement.....

all except Shogen No Dachi

SND - No I think we have a chance I have been working on a Plan, although my Forces are currently fighting a Civil War I still have some resources, We have been working on a plan that is two fold

1) - to breach the area of DARKSPACE

2) - to set up a new colony of planets

I think we can modify this plan to give us ALL a chance

DEJKKC - what have you been upto?

SND - My Clan has been working on 5 BEHEMOTH class ships called WORLD SHIPS, each is 25km long and is based on the SDF 1 plans, each ship was to carry over 1 billion colonists to a new world and thus set up a colony in the name of the IMPERIUM

DF - Ahhhh i can see where this leads....

10 hours pass in talking

GA - so who will we get to escort these World Ships

DEJKKC - It just so happens that we know the best people suited to a job like this..............

Part 2

and so the mission was underway, in this one small area of the sector the small fleet embarked upon the mission to get the World Ships away.......

Elsewhere

on board the Showoff Station.....

DF - My empeor - bows to the Dark Emperor J-Kama-Ka-C - We had best leave the System, sir otherwise we cannot conduct our war Effort.

DEJKKC - Heheheheheh my young kippewan (sort of like a padewan from Star Wars but more Kippy like) you still know nothing of the Kip.

DF - I AM A MASTER AND I KNOW EVERYTHING (then hs goes into a supper fluffly stile "my concoerdats have been destroyed" type sulk <------ no offence to fluffy )

DEJKKC - No you dont, - with that the emperor places his metalic like cyber hand to his temple and starts to hum

The entire area of the Dark Throne Room (with added speshul effexs from teh funkeh EO) starts to shimmer only to reapaer on the ......

KIPSTAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes you guesses it a Death Star only twice as big and more funkeh!!!!!!! (now this is really a show off station )

DF - !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DEJKKC - now we are ready please inform the others........

Elsewhere

Shogun No Dachi boards the flagship SHIHKAKU the largest and fastest vessel of the ASANAWA IMPERIUM

all the Angel Elite Salute the Shogun as he boards the bridge

He looks around then settles in the Command Chair, his many years tell on him now........

SND - My son is underway?

TO - Aye sir here is the Tacticle Readout........

SND - Good he should earn much honour and thus ensure the survival of the Imperium.

No1 - Aye Sir he is a good officer

SO - Sir DEJKKC has left the station,

SND - Good all goes according to my plan

No1 - ???????

SND - Do you rghink that the World Ships was my only plan

No1 - Sir

SND - How long have you served with me?

No1 - 30 years sir and for many more I hope!

SND - Smiles - As Do I, now how many times do you think I had only one plan?

No1 - None sir

SND - Good you do learn, I have been talking with the KIPIRE for some time and we have come up with a plan

Helm set course for ASANAWA SPACE and transmit the Coords for HARKUN to this spacial Grid

Helm - ??? Aye sir

With that the Flagship moves off and the Comms sends the Signal......

Back on baord the KIPSTAR

Comms - My lord we have received a signal sir

DEJKKC - Good set course

DF - ??????

DEJKKC - and also send signal to the other 3 Death stars to follow, course..... ASANAWA SPACE

Dark Fluffie you had best board your Super Star Destoyer!

DF - But I do notr have one

DEJKKC - You do now

..................................................................!

Unread 15 May 2004, 16:15   #247
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold

The Pegasus slowly moved backwards, its nose facing towards the incoming fleet of Devoran Concordats, while it kept pace with the retreating World Ships. A swarm of fighters circled around the huge Command Carrier, awaiting orders to attack, as they kept in an escort patrol.

SO: “Enemy ships just launched fighters. Picking up … 600 new contacts. 40 Bomber class, 160 Fighter bombers and 400 Interceptor class. All are currently moving with their base ships.”

“Hmm. Wing Commander. Issue new orders to all fighter squadrons. They are to engage any enemy fighter or bomber that heads towards the World Ship, or any ship that is in the second line of defence. Co-ordinate our fighters with those from the Flagship. SO, feed sensor data on the enemy fighters to our fighters. Look for any sign of weakness and any chink in their armour that our fighters can exploit. Weapons, set our Particle Array to Anti-Fighter defence and link in all weapons to it.”

WC: “Aye. Command to squadrons, assume fighter-attack squadrons and claw formations. Engage any enemy fighters that pass the first line and are threatening the World Ships or second line ships”
WO: “Aye Commander. Particle Grid online and weapons locked in.”
SO: “Yes sir. Starting scans on enemy fighters and relaying that information.”
No1: “Sir! We’ve finished linking up the AI’s. They’ll be online within 5 minutes.”

”Good. Head down to Astrometrics with Lieutenant Rydon and Doctor Reinheld. Start working with the SO and see if you can find a way into the Devoran’s computer systems. Work with our new über powerful AI. If you can find a way in, let loose our AI into their systems and cause them hell.”

No1: “Yes sir. We’ll cause them some havoc”

-=Summary=-

- Keeping in formation with the Flagship and Worldships
- All fighters into 5 ship squadrons and claw formations
- All fighters to engage any enemy fighters that decide to try and attack the Worldships.
- WC to co-ordinate efforts with the Flagship’s WC.
- Particle Array set to AFD.
- No1 plus Comms Tech and Science dudes, and the now funkeh AI are to use Astrometrics to try and find a way to hack into the Devoran’s computers.

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Ghetto Master Ellis says:
Heil Crazy!
Crazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2004, 17:26   #248
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

*sigh

I hope Kama is not allowed to design that Kipstar without my guidance? There isn't a chance in hell that thing will be able to resist a bee if he's allowed to design it alone
Unread 15 May 2004, 18:35   #249
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

*sigh

I hope Fluffie is not allowed to design that Super Star Destroyer without my guidance? There isn't a chance in hell that thing will be built before the end of the year if he's allowed to design it alone
Unread 15 May 2004, 21:44   #250
No Dachi

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake we must not interrupt him too soon." - Admiral Lord Nelson, Clan Historical Archive.

No Dachi watched as the senior Fleet Intelligence officers present aboard the Yudachi discussed the sensor data now displayed over several of the large front viewscreens, appearing quite unconcerned with the rapidly approaching enemy battleships. On one of the viewscreens was a plan of the engagement zone, complete with friendly and enemy ships and their respective positions. On the second, a wireframe schematic of one of the Devoran Concordats, as pieced together from deep-hull scans and existing Clan Fleet Archive data on Devoran technology. The third viewscreen was a mass of numbers and statistics - No Dachi took it for precise technical data on the Devoran vessels such as maximum rate of acceleration or such. Every now and again, one of the senior officers would turn and look down at one of the many junior officers huddled around their superiors, and ask him or her a question relating to the technical data. Junior Fleet Intelligence officers were mainly trained in gathering the hard information and analysing it. The most talented of them were then promoted to more senior ranks, where the primary duty became to look over the analysese and from them draw weaknesses in the enemy's capabilities. If there was one problem with this system, it was that senior officers often enjoyed debating potential means by which to destroy the enemy too much, and took too long to reach a collective desicion and offer a report to the commander of their assigned vessel or formation. However, in rushing the men to a conclusion, No Dachi was well aware that the only thing he would achieve would be to recieve and incomplete one, and so continued to watch the group of seven senior Fleet Intelligence personnel discuss possible courses of action. Tada-noh-Yuna, as Chief of Intelligence, remained at the Commander's side, being considered by Clan doctrine to be beyond such small-scale duties, and was included aboard the Yudachi to advise the Shingen on strategy relating to the ship's (and, as the ship was designed as a command vessel) and force's movement and campaign plan. However, No Dachi had frequently seen the senior officers turn to the woman, who they recognised as more capable than they, for advice or arbitration on particularly troublesome issues. Presently, the Chusa remembered that he had a ship to run.

"Sensors, are the Hatsuhara and the 117F in scan range yet?" He asked the senior sensors officer, turning the command chair around to face the right side of the bridge. The senior sensor officer looked down at his console for a moment before looking up again at the commander.

"Yes My Lord, both vessels are now within our sensor range, and will arrive in approximately 124 seconds." The man replied in a few moments of the question. No Dachi nodded.

"Helm, make final adjustments to our course to bring us up into position a safe distance in front of the two vessels. Sensors give their Final Exit coord to the Helm so that he knows where to go." No Daxhi ordered, now facing the Helmsman directly in front of the command chair.

"Transmitting the co-ordinates, sir." The Sensor Officer confirmed, busy entering the appropriate commands into his console. A short pause, then-

"Co-ordinates recieved, sir. Making appropriate adjustments to our course." The Helm Officer said. The change in the ship's direction was so slight that No Dachi barely even felt it, though he did notice a slight increase in the intensity of the engines' gentle humming. He was experiencing a slight bit of pre-battle anxiety, but he knew from experience that this would all vanish as soon as the firing started. It was the same for most Clan-trained crewmen, they were conditioned to act almost automatically in battle, with officers complying with tactical doctrine and the crewmen complying with the orders of the officers. Admiral Kojike, who, along with the now-disgraced Sar Ai, had drawn up the foundations of the fleet had theorised that this was the only way by which a warship could operate at full efficiency. In order for this doctrine to work, however, the tactics of the officers had to be flawless, and this was why the Fleet Intelligence officers were aboard; to ensure that the Commander of the vessel would always have a helping hand to guide him through difficult situations. No Dachi, however, being his father's son, rarely asked them for a precise course of action, but more frequently for advice or information.

"Sir, the Hatsuhara and the AGB-117F are rapidly nearing our position. They will exit Hyperspace in ten seconds." The Sensor Officer reported. No Dachi nodded but said nothing in reply. The leftmost Concordat was now almost within attack range. The Shingen's intention was to exploit the element of surprise created by the two support warships suddenly appearing at his rear and then immediately press home the assault on the Concordat. Once engaged, he would attempt to draw the enemy vessel off to the left and away from the main battle, wherupon his superior forces would be able to surround it, divide its firepower and destroy it. No Dachi allowed himself a slight smile as he watched one of the smaller viewscreens, in the corner between the front and right walls of the bridge. It was showing the view from one of the rear-facing camera drones. A brilliant array of stars on a field of pitch black - No Dachi was glad to fight his battles in space, knowing that if he were to die from shrapnel or from searing backflash or from enemy bullet, he would die among the stars. Suddenly, a new star appeared on the viewscreen. Small, but winking brightly. It grew steadily larger - something big approaching the position very quickly. Suddenly, the object appeared to explode forwards toward the screen, revealing itself to be a ship. All at once, it decelerated very rapidly, coming to rest just behind the Yudachi. No Dachi recognised the vessel as a large carrier of Asanawa Clan design, but of a class he had not yet encountered. It was almost certainly the Hatsuhara. Hanging in the void, barely visible, above the Hatsuhara was a far smaller vessel, presumably the AGB class that he knew had been sent along with the carrier. A thought suddenly struck the Commander. If he were Admiral Kojike, who would he have sent along to command the second vessel? Presumably one of the Clan's finest. Most of these were by now Commodores or Admirals, so the man must have been one of the prodigal enlisted crewmen to have earned himself an officer's commission...

"My Lord," The Sensor Officer began, "the Hatsuhara and the AGB-117F have now arrived at their given Exit co-ordinates. The Hatsuhara is moving to take up formation with us."

"Sir," The Coms Officer followed on almost without any pause whatsoever, "The Hatsuhara is hailing us. Shosha Yoritomo Ije greets you and awaits instruction."

No Dachi nodded. Yoritomo was nigh-on fifty year-old, and had started life as a fighter pilot himself. After he'd lost his left arm in battle, the replacement cybernetic arm had proved too primitive to allow him to continue service as a pilot. Having been offered honourable transfer to a non-combat position training fighter pilot trainees at the Imperial War Academy, he had refused and enlisted in the Imperial Navy as a gunner. Having worked his way up to Juni (warrant officer) commanding a heavy gun aboard the Battleship Sengoku, Yoritomo had singel-handedly held off waves of ULP troops after the vessel was boarded in the Battle of the Yurimasen Gap, enabling his crew to continue firing and eventually cripple the enemy vessel. Rather than spend the rest of the fighting sitting on his backside, Yoritomo had then led a counter-attack, armed only with his two samurai swords, that drove the ULP troops in his section of the ship back to their shuttles and then to surrender, saving the ship's engine room from sabotage...his mind was wandering again. No Dachi re-focused himself on the battle.

"Return Shosha Yoritomo's greetings. Instruct him that he is to order the launch of all fighters immediately. The fighters will adopt Schwarm formation and form an offensive screen in front of us. Thier initial objective is to intercept and destroy the enemy fighters, after that they will switch to destroying weapon and critical systems aboard the enemy vessel." No Dachi ordered, speaking to the Coms Officer, who obeyed instantaneously, head down and already hammering out the message. "Also, I want the Hatsuhara firing cruise missiles off at the enemy Concordat's bridge and sensor arrays, the aim to to blind its commanders and sow confusion among the crew." With that, he had finished. No Dachi started thinking tactically with regard to his own ship, the Yudachi. Like all Asanawa Clan ships, the emphasis was on firepower and speed over armour and shielding. Although the Yudachi's shields were good enough, she would be quickly destroyed by concentrated fire from the Concordat, if the vessel was allowed to bring its guns to bear. With this in mind, No Dachi quickly settled on the appropriate manouevres.

"Master Gunner, sound the combat alarm immediately," He said, speaking not loudly, but in a way that carried throughout the bridge nonetheless. Almost immediately, the combat alarm droned out three, short, high pitched wails before falling silent. This was to let the crew know that the ship was about to engage in a firefight. "Helm, we're going in hard and fast for the initial attack run. Thereafter I want us circling the ship at good speed so they can't get a lock on us. Tac, fire both Quantum Torpedo tubes immediately, aiming for maximum structural damage, and order all gunnery crews to stand by for a toe-to-toe slogging match. We need to distract the ship and do as much damage as possible while artillery fire and fighters from the Hatsuhara damage the enemy's systems enough for us to deliver the killing blow." No Dachi could feel the Yudachi beginning to accelerate, even through the intertial dampeners. The Master Gunner nodded noticeably and reached for the radio handset hanging from the cieling above his console, pulling it down against the coild wiring. He pressed a button on the side of the hand piece.

"Port Quantum Torpedo Tube, Starboard Quantum Torpedo Tube, report in." He said, before going silent, awaiting a response.

"Port Quantum Torpedo Tube, locked and loaded."

"Starboard Quantum Torpedo Tubes, awaiting the order."

"Open fire immediately. Target areas critical to structural integrity; blow the thing to pieces."

"Roger that, opening fire."

"Aye aye Master Gunner sir, firing torpedo."

No Dachi nodded before continuing.

"Open fire, all batteries. Target the Ion Cannons on one section of the shields and fire the Particle Array through it before the shields' charge has time to equalise. Aim the Particle Array squarely at the highest concentration of heavy guns ((the Reflex Cannons and Heavy Fusion Cannons)) you can find and blow them to pieces. Helm, keep us moving fact. Sensors, I want a damage report on the enemy vessel as soon as our initial volley has hit. In the meantime, I want you to identify and map the firing arcs of all of the Concordat's main guns ((the aforementioned ones)). Clock their turning speed. Give the data to the Helm so that he can avoid the guns more easily. Intelligence, go over the schematics of that Concordat again. Are there any weaknesses we can exploit in its design? Coms, order Shosha Yoritomo to engage the enemy from a distance and fire at will. If he comes under fire he is to withdraw." No Dachi watched as the various crewmen went about their duties...

Summary
-The Yudachi is moving to attack the leftmost Concordat.
-Its weaponry is being trained on the section of the hull determined weakest by Fleet Intelligence.
-The Hatsuhara has launched all strike craft. The Samurai Medium Fighters are attacking en masse in classic schwarm formation. None of this 'claw' rubbish for my fleet. The fighters will concentrate first on destroying the enemy fighters, and will then switch to disabling weaponry. 10 fighters are held back to protect the carrier.
-The Yudachi is targetting shields and trying to lure the enemy vessel off to the left and away from the rest of the enemy force. The Yudachi's Helmsman has been ordered to use the vessel's superior manouevreability to best effect.
-The Hatsuhara itself is remaining a good distance back from the fighting, giving support with its Medium Ion Cannons and Cruise Missiles, targetting shields with the first and systems (sensors/bridge etc) with the second. The AGB-117F is not suited for space combat and is remaining unengaged.
-The Yudachi's own fighters will continue with their previous orders.
-Fleet Intelligence will continue to observe the rest of the battle and will warn of any potential danger indicated by manouevre on the part of the enemy.

Last edited by No Dachi; 22 May 2004 at 15:47.