Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 14:47   #751
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts
Re: Masters of Andromeda II (New Horizons - The Dawn of a New Era)

A for certain, additional mounts can be used to house anything from a shield to an additional item, however additional items such as a ships AI computer can ONLY be mounted in additional mounts

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 15:11   #752
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts
SO: record that message sent by the guardian, or at least the part it will be albe to record before we blow it up...

switch of plan, the risk is to great... and these last few seconds showed me something nice.... divert all power between weapons and engines. I want to be racing around this guardian so fast it'll make it's electronic head spin, all the while blasting it. Once you are certain that it's scanners have lost track of us, create some distance, and shoot the Phased reflex cannon. afterwards, continue the speedinggame.

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 15:18   #753
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Lady Hawk is infamous around these partsLady Hawk is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur_Quan
I'm (again) confused about the way additional mounts work. I understand it's only way but is it:

A) Additional mount using equipment CANNOT be placed on anything other than additional mounts, e.g. you CANNOT put a cloaking device on a turret or shield mount.

or

B) You CANNOT put equipment that uses a particular kind (turret, shield, external) of mount on an additional mount, e.g. you CANNOT put missiles or plasma cannons on additional mounts.
its a

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE................
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 16:22   #754
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Lady Hawk is infamous around these partsLady Hawk is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkling
Growling in low rumble sounding like wild animal dispalying its annoyance
"The battle aside we stick to the plan, steal what we can and get out. The rest can burn in the firey pits of whatever underworld they believe in for all I care. treta a man like scum and what else is he meant to be if you wont let him be anyhting else"
The rumble growing within his throat once more, face twisting with some boiling rage, letting his blood cool for a few seconds before speaking.
"Now than keep us on this course helm and dock with the cube, put me through to theSpecail forces teams."
A nod from the commucnations officer looking cold and blank, almost inhuman
"To all teams, prepare to return back to ship with the captured drones and vicilum onbaord, those of you who have been instructed to and have sufficent trianign are to man the three captured borg vessels. Demoliation teams shall be on their way to destory all evidence, you have your orders good luck."
A voice quivering with authority booming through the communcations channels to the squads and the Black Rose jerks forward sharply. Carter losing his balance suddenly gripping tightly on the arms of his chair in an atempt not to fly forward.
Helm - "Sir docked with the cube Specail forces are coming back and two squads of demoliations teams are boarding the vessel, going for complete destuction of the vessel as ordered."

His haed sharply turing to the helm a glare from the jolt turing to gnetle smile, about to mvoe his lips leanign forward slightly, stopping short of the chair to lean back down.
"Very well science take a look at that viculum and thsoe droens make sure their safe and offline, If not destory them before they re-activiate"

Science - "Understood sir, what am I to do with them after that?"

Consdierng his nexts words cafrfully soflty speaking them
"Ill think about that when the time comes, now is not the right time im afraid"
A icy look of covnfusion across the offcies eyes, as he goes about his duty diligantly going down to cargo hold. John Carter leaning back relaxed in his chair
"Weapons keep constantly scanning the area whislt our good scince officer is not here, I know your up to the task so ill leave you to it"
Ingoring the repsonce from the corner closing his eyes in a calm manner, holidng the moment of time in suspence, rarly he had such moments of clarity and peace.

Overview
Docked with the cube and retired the special forces teams, sneding in demolation teams to destory the vessel. After taking some borg drones and the viculum on baord the scicne officer being sent to make sure their safe and to temrinte any unsafe drones. Meanwhile wepoans station is scanning area consatly for possible threats.

Mission 2

1 - Lt Comm Flapjack
2 - Lt Comm Bakan
3 - Lt Comm Darkling
4 - Lt Comm Toejam

GAL VARON PRIME

A binary star system 1 red giant GAL and 1 small neutron star VARRON.

there are 10 planets that orbit both stars

GAL VARON PRIME I - barren rock world, little of interest

GAL VARON PRIME II - barren desert world, has high concentration of minerals and metals, this place has many old mine sites on it - similar to mercury.
has 3 moons

GAL VARON PRIME III - barren world - coverd with cloud similar to Venus.

GAL VARON PRIME IV - Earth Like - has 70% water and has an oxeygen/nitrogen atmosphere. this world supports a post FTL civilisation, they are NEUTRALS but thet do support a space fleet, mainly of which they have 100

Victory Class Destroyer
Type: Heavy Destroyer

Weapons:

1 Particle Cannon
8 Pulse Phasers
6 Heavy Fuision Cannons
12 Fusion Cannons

8 AFD II
8 AMD II

12 Cluster Missile Launchers

Fighter: 56 Warlord fighter craft

Power:

1 Black Hole Generator
4 Fusion Drives

Special defense: Phased Bio Organic Hull

4 Type 20 Tractor Beams
Claoking Device

cargo hold 5000 tonnes

GAL VARON PRIME V - Again earth like and again supports life - this world has been colonised by those of GAL VARRON IV

GAL VARON PRIME VI - Ice world - this world is barren, but has 4 moons that support BIO TECH plants that provide food suppliments for the other worlds

GAL VARON PRIME VII - Gas Giant similar to Saturn with 50 moons of all sizes

GAL VARON PRIME VIII - Gas Giant the size of Neptune and has over 300 rings, but no moons

GAL VARON PRIME IX - Gas Giant similar to Neptune but has rings of colour similar to Jupiter but the colours are in green and yellow

GAL VARON PRIME X - Gas Giant sizeof Jupiter with 126 moons

On FJ's ship

you survey the ship in the dry dock and then at last the time comes for you to baord the vessel and move out

Helm - course laid in sir

SO - scanners on line

WO - weapons on line

EO - we have full power and full fuel crystals sir engine 100%

No1 - well here we go again sir

you set out and lay in a course for the location (you hope of where the DEVORAN base lies)

On Bakans ship

you survey the ship in the dry dock and then at last the time comes for you to baord the vessel and move out

No1 - well sir lets hope that we do better than we did last time, we lost a lot of good men

SO - scanners on line

WO - weapons on line

EO - we have full power and full fuel crystals sir engine 100%

No1 - well here we go again sir

you set out and lay in a course for the location (you hope of where the DEVORAN base lies)

On Darklings ship

Helm - aye sir course laid in

SSSC - we have the cargo sir and its all stored

No1 - Mission acomplished sir

MC - all cargo in the hold and we have manned the ships sir

on screen the 3 ships the scout and the 2 fighters move out of the hold and join formation

SO - we still have those 2 V attacking the alyssians sir shall we aid or shall we leave

No1 - we have come for what we came for now lets just leave

BATTLE ORDERS

8 x ALYSSIAN CHIMERA Class Frigate Strike Leaders

10 shield mounts
2x ALYSSIAN Singularity Shields
2x ALYSSIAN Meta Shielding

24 turret mounts
6x ALYSSIAN Pulse Phaser
4x ALYSSIAN Nova Cannon

14 external mounts
6x ALYSSIAN Quantam Torpedo Launchers
8x ALYSSIAN Cluster Missile Launchers

14 additional mounts
ALYSSIAN Heavy Armour Plating
ALYSSIAN Ablative Armour
2x ALYSSIAN Anti Matter Drive
ALYSSIAN Advanced Tactics Computer
ALYSSIAN Advanced AI Ships Computer
ALYSSIAN Advanced Engineering Bay
6x ALYSSIAN Angel Class Fighters

200 tonnes hold
ALYSSIAN Blackhole Generator
carries 2x ALYSSIAN Angel Class Fighters

SHE IS A BURNING WRECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHE IS A BURNING WRECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fowrard shield 05%
forward port shield 05%
forward starbaord shield 05%
port shield 85%
starbaord shield 85%
aft port shield 85%
aft starboard shield 85%
aft shield 85%

heavey hull damage
heavy internal damage

65% loss of speed
65% loss of weapon power
65% loss of shield recharge rate

no life support
no secondary power

fowrard shield 05%
forward port shield 05%
port shield 85%
starbaord shield 85%
aft port shield 85%
aft starboard shield 85%
aft shield 85%

heavey hull damage
heavy internal damage

65% loss of speed
65% loss of weapon power

no life support
no secondary power

fowrard shield 05%
forward port shield 05%
port shield 85%
starbaord shield 85%
aft port shield 85%
aft starboard shield 85%
aft shield 85%

heavey hull damage
heavy internal damage

65% loss of speed
65% loss of weapon power

no life support
no secondary power

SHE IS CRIPPLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fowrard shield 05%
forward port shield 05%
port shield 85%
starbaord shield 85%
aft port shield 85%
aft starboard shield 85%
aft shield 85%

heavey hull damage
heavy internal damage

65% loss of speed
65% loss of weapon power

no life support
no secondary power

these bottom two are being attacked by Darkling

fowrard shield 85%
forward port shield 85%
forward starbaord shield 85%
port shield 85%
starbaord shield 85%

Fighters 30

Your ships

Flapjack
Weapon Charge 3 posts

Bakan
weapon charging 3 posts

Your Ship

Darkling
fowrard shield 85%
forward port shield 85%
forward starbaord shield 85%
port shield 85%
starbaord shield 85%

Last edited by Lady Hawk; 11 Jan 2004 at 16:46.
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 16:24   #755
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Ur_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the rough

OK then. A it is. Thanks a lot.
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 16:29   #756
Darkling
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

No offence but that post leaeves me with nothing to do at all since ive nothing to rp off interaction wise and a ive always said the stats dont make sense to me so cant use those to rp off.
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 16:48   #757
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkling
No offence but that post leaeves me with nothing to do at all since ive nothing to rp off interaction wise and a ive always said the stats dont make sense to me so cant use those to rp off.
thats because you posted before i had finished

Unread 11 Jan 2004, 17:14   #758
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffie
Nothing comes though, the Captain gets a hold on himself quite easily... Seeing the man he just woke up is obviously waiting for a reason for this disturbance, Solo quickly throws a swift and slightly mocking (both Solo and Fluffie didn't feel the need for salutes...) salute, before speaking.

(Solo: ) "Sir, we have a new mission. We are to stop a convoy with a new type of fuel from reaching... TAU CETI..."

(Fluff: ) "Tau Ceti... Crap... Better make this fast before they get too close... You have a plan?"

(Solo, shaking his head: ) "Nope, not at all."

(Fluff, probably having one of the few bright moments mankind has when they wake up: ) "No problem, I do. Prepare the entire fleet for immidiate launch. Quickly aqcuire us some...... KIPIRE uniforms and a nerve-gas that kills very, very swiftly."

(Solo, one eyebrow raised: ) "Nerve...gas? Isn't that a bit too..."

(Fluff, his face turning slightly agitated: ) "Just do it! And get our SO to plot a course that will intercept them, preferably somewhere in deep space, far away from anyone."

(Solo, raising his shoulders ever so slightly and then shrugging: ) "Whatever you say, Captain."

And with that, the No1 quickly dashes off. The Captain quickly gets dressed, hearing the "wake up ye sleeping bastards!" alarm sound as he struggles with the belt on his trousers. Realising something, he makes his way to the wall, pressing a button - opening an intercomm link to the bridge.

(Fluff: ) "EO, you there?"

(EO, after a few seconds: ) "Aye Sir. Good morning. What can I do for ye?"

(Fluffie: ) "I want you to make our ships look like KIPIRE ships, preferably Iosi ones if you can do that. You don't have much time, but get working on it..."

(EO, although unseen by Fluffie nods, already guessing that the Captain planned another wicked plan: ) "Understood."

- Some time later, Fluffie is fully dressed and has just entered the COMMAND BRIDGE of the BEBOP - his own FTL Scout somewhere in the big Battlecarrier's hangars... -

"Good morning lads, status report?"

EO: Sir, we're about finished to go - just waiting for Mr. Solo to come back with his... erh... groceries, sir. Our repaint shouldn't take much longer either, sir.

SO (not really paying much attention to what he says, as he is working furiously, along with the Helm, on the course to intercept the FEDERATION convoy): Working on the course, shouldn't be long.. I think..

Comms: Ships reporting nearly done - they are just like us waiting for their Engineering to finish the disguise...

"Very well. EO, get some men working to rig our communications array to jam other ships' signals, we'll need that later."

EO: I'll put some lads on it, no sweat Captain.

Fluffie nods and sits down in the big, comfortable leather Captain's chair, somewhere in the centre of the bridge. Looking around, he sees his crew preparing for an ambush they do not yet know the details of... But he would give them the details soon enough. He just needed his No1 to return with the 'groceries'.

Just as he thought about him, Mr Solo re-appeared on the bridge. Nodding to Fluffie, Solo smiled.

Solo: Got it all sir, we're about to finish loading the uniforms and the gas is already secured in the ARMOURY.

"Nicely done... Now, Helm as soon as you're done with our course, have Comms inform the rest of our fleet... Then we'll jump out. Now... Let me outline the plan..."

--- Some time passes as Fluffie tells them the plan, just like in the e-mail. Everyone is getting in their uniform if needed and other preperations are made... ---

Well, the ships jump out... If everything goes right... And to know that, how about some DM-ing miss Hawk?

No1 - looks like an easy target sir we should be able to take them

SO- we have full power and we have full fuel tanks

WO - we have full weapons sir

EO - we have full fuel as the SO has said

No1 - lets go

your ships jump to intercept the convoy

you appear 1 light second away from where they are supposed to come out of hyperspace to re jump on the next part of their journey

EO - we have completed the transformation to KIPIRE colours sir

SO - and we have modified our flight recorders to

No1 - lets hope this plan goes ok

SO - scanning sir the jump points are opening as expected sir

Unread 11 Jan 2004, 17:24   #759
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakan
/me wants to reply badly, but can't until the mighty and kind and benevolant Lady Hawk DM's him, thus he can finish his missions, earn money, spend it on better ships, beat more missions, earn more money, buy better ships with Harem's built in, save my planet, kick ass, chew bubblegum, and stand over the graves of my enemies and urinate on them, beat more missions, show everyone who is the boss.......... *Goes into random rambling...*
see reply for darkling

Unread 11 Jan 2004, 17:25   #760
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack
hmm, bakan, we could just assume that, since 2 days have passed, we've both been fixed and our ships approved, if our ships would then not be approved, well, that's a simple edit i suppose and that way we can at least be at the planet and possibly even deploying marines ASAP
see reply for darkling

Unread 11 Jan 2004, 17:50   #761
Darkling
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Hawk
thats because you posted before i had finished
ooc- my apolagise then

Rubbing his temple slightly
"All these descions are giving me a headache"
muttering quietly followed by a sigh
"Carry on there is no need to join in on a fight that could risk our merchandise. Thats just bad practise, get us out of here then best posisble speed"

Helm - "Understood sir once everyone is back onbaord we shall be underway"

"Once we are clear of the cube detonate it"
Caughing a little with quick thump to his chest, a slight shiver twisting around his spine.

No1 - "Makes sense, it shall be done"

Carter glancing up at his first officer a wary look upon his face, shoulder shrug following quickly
"Indeed convay the orders to the other ship's, and get the stutus on the other ships in the area whislt you are at it."

Science - "Aye sir, scanning the area"

A jerk sends Carter forward as the ship starts its engines up, an ominous feeling lerking in his mind unable to supress feeling that everyhting was not as obvious as it seemed. The Black Rose slinelty fliying through the coldness of space as ominous shadow of the dead cube haunts their wake, a grave the the damned.
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 17:56   #762
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Kama-Ka-C
*Kama sits further back in her chair, straights her uniform jacket, while continuing to watch the view screen - The Borg cube drawing ever closer.

"Yes, all interest in this system is understandable, both tactically and scientific... or raw data, whatever their motive, too bad, it's occupied.

Quite right, we want that crater moon for ourselves, just not to the extent of 'if we can't no one can', it hasn't come to that yet..."

*Still watching, if a little distantly. A small smile appears in time.

"We haven't lost any crew members yet, I don't want to have to start writing letters home to inform families of any lose. It is our duty to strive for perfection. Considering the chances, I believe we have to give this plan a try.

Science, Comms, get on it right away. What's the range on those SATs and power transferring. Can we, say, keep line of sight, while being hidden from Borg scanners, dark side of the moon perhaps. In any chase, we will be requiring the frigate to cover the point.

Shangri'la, El Dorado - We will station you above the crater moon, make it appear that all your scanners are directed towards the lunar surface and leave your weapons uncharged. Risky I know, but you'll have shields, more than I can say we will. If the Borg stay in character, they won't attack, without provocation, they may further believe you haven't seen them. Maintain a constant comms stream between yourselves for them to pick up on, relay information on the site and well, make something up, if you can elude to something interesting enough, we can entice the Borg ship close enough to pull this off.

Very well - Deploy the modified SATs and begin the routing power to the signal field. Weapon Officer, I suppose those heavy fusion cannons charged?"

*She pauses briefly for the reply, before deciding to make the call.

"You heard me, power them down. Transfer the energy from the cold fusion drives that is normally for powering those super weapons, redirect the energy to the SATs as well... strong and steady, eh..."

We will make this work, they will be assimilated, their biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own.

*Kama snaps her claws cheerily, with just a hint of megalomania.

"This is becoming something of a habit... Disabling the enemy and free enslaved minds and bodies. Or so the plan goes. Get to it people. No one gets left behind!"

SO - Scanning

System Name - KASTRAVALVA

System has been terraformed - the Suns are a Red Giant and a yellow dwarf

KASTRAVALVA I - 3 moons - nearest to the sun - has a high metal Content and has many Insectidf Ore processing plants - no sign of life - one of the moons has a vast crater the size of south america though......

KASTRAVALVA II - no moons - desert world - is the perfect home for INSECTID DRONES, there are many ruins that show no life, but there is a large power source from the planets surface - man made or insectid made

KASTRAVALVA III - Terraformed with 2 moons - this is a jungle world that is teeming with life and there are wrecks in orbit of MANTIS and INSECTID vessels..... but no sign of any INSECTID life.

KASTRAVALVA IV - Gas Giant - no moons size of Saturn

KASTRAVALVA V - Gas Giant size of jupiter with 300 moons

SO - Am detecting 2 Ships sir....

2 House Oro ships

Green Monkey Battle Frigates

(20 mounts to do with as you please + 1 engine mount
150 tonnes hold)

Heavy Armour Plating - 1 mount
Phase Shields - 2 mounts

16 x Laser - c 100 - 4 to 1 mount (4 mounts)
8 x Gatling Laser - c 300 - 2 to 1 mount (4 mounts)
4 x Battle-Laser - c 500 - 1 mount (4 mounts)

Advanced AI Ships Computer - c 250 - 1 mount (+ 1 tonne of carge space)
Advanced Tactics Computer - c 400 - 1 mount
Advavced Engineering Bay - c 500 - 2 mounts

Cold Fusion Drive - c 200 - 1 engine mount
Hyper Drive - c 300 - 1 mount

FC - all ships in formation

Comms - i beleive we can link in the sats as you say

Comms - signla sent to fleet sir

No1 - sounds like a good plan sir

EO - we can link in the sats sir but the power boost will burn them out

SO - unfortunately there is no way we can avoid that sir

WO - we have weapons ready sir

SO - scanning

BORG CUBE

Hull: BORG CUBE
20000 tonnes hold (1000 tonnes armoured)
carries 20 heavy class fighters

Shields (30):
6 BORG Shields (24)
6 BORG Kinetic Shields (6)

Weaponry (100+50=150):
4 BORG Phased Particle Phasers 8 (60)
2 BORG Anti Matter Cannons (20)
15 BORG Phasers 4 (30)
20 BORG Pulse Phasers (40)

2 BORG Type 20 Tractor Beams (N/A)

External (60):
20 BORG Class Heavy Fighters (N/A)
30 BORG Class Heavy Fighters (30)
5 BORG Scout Ships (5)
10 BORG Phased Photon Torpedoes (10)
10 BORG Quantam Torpedoes (10)
5 BORG Anti Matter Mines (5)

Additional (70):
50 Weaponry Mounts (50)
9 Drive/Engine Mounts (9)

BORG Nano Tech Heavy Armour Plating (N/A)

Advanced AI Ships Computer (N/A)
Advanced Tactics Computer (1)
Advanced Engineering Bay (2)
Advanced Flight Control (N/A)

ADMD (N/A)
Armoury (1)
Security Stations (2)
2 Holo Deck (4)

Deflector Dish (1)
Phase Scanners (1)
1 Advanced Ships Probes (1)

Drives/Engines (1+9=10):
6 Anti Matter Drives (6)
4 Warp Drives (4)

SO - thats the ship sir

No1 - so lets put that plan into operation sir

all goes accordinf to part one of your plan so far so good.............

Unread 11 Jan 2004, 18:14   #763
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
I'll be writing my (additional) reply tonight, after I get back.
you may take it as read then that ygin your new mission in the Shraanian system that AK now owns as your ship refits and repairs and you build the other ship

what mission you going for?

Unread 11 Jan 2004, 18:22   #764
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidK
Cid: Helm, set a course to the first system, we'll clear that area out first.
Helm: Yes, Commander
No1: Sir, do you think we need support?
Cid: We may do, Kosaga... but we have hardly any raw materials and hardly any credits left. What am I going to offer Captain Bogg in order for his help?
No1: We could persuade him with a position of power

*Cid, at this point, was drinking a cup of coffee, which was now being splurted onto the veiwscreen in front of him.*

Cid: What? Give him power? Ye gods, man, get some sense into you! I would prefer to go it alone than offer power to a pirate. No, our other solution is to offer troops... but you know Shraanian troopers, they are not nice to leaders that are not from our worlds.
No1: So what shall we do with Bogg, sir?
Cid: He has done his part, he has got what he wanted, let him be for now. However, we'll keep in touch with him ready for when we do need his help, as I beleive we have earned each other's trust for the time being. Send him a message saying we may contact him in the future for support.
Comms: Yes, sir!

Mission Baord - Shraan Space

From Shraan Control to Acid K

Greetings Commander - we have received news from your recent victory and the discovery of the New Kylithium source. we are sending 3 Mining vessels and 1 light Space station to help the mining.

You are given command of this sector

Congratulations Commander.

Your orders are to secure this area of space....... ANKAA has told us that there is a C'raask Stronghold located somewhere in your area of space also they have also told us that there is a possible STAR LEAGUE faciltiy somewhere nearby too.

Be on gaurd - ANKAA indicate at least 1 C'raask Mother Ship witihn 5 light years, location unkown.

your orders are to establish a major base within the sector, protect the mine at ALL costs, to this end we need you to clear out 3 systems withing 1 light year of your new system

system 1 - 10 planets - unknown energy readings - 1 light year away

system 2 - 8 planets +1 asteroid field - high population of Shraan Survivors - but remain neutral as of this time to our efforts to get them to join us..... 85% possibility of possible C'raask interference - 0.5 light years away

system 3 - 2 planets orbiting a dead star....WARNING POSSIBLE WORMHOLE has been detected - STAR LEAGUE readings come from this area - also strong gravitational readings as well.

system 1 - 10 planets - unknown energy readings - 1 light year away

No1 - well looks like congratulations are in order Sector Commander, seems your fathers trust in you has paid off, this of course puts us one step closer to reclaiming Shraan itself sir

SO - all aok sir Scans online

EO - KYLTHIUM crystals added to Engines sir we now have 300% more power and fuel supplies sir, give me more time and i can expand on this - this was the best i could do with the time and the SO's help

WO - we also have weapons that can do 50% more damage too

No1 - ohhhh thats not bad

on screen your ships move to jump speed and once more you are off on your mission only this time you have somethign to fight for

SO - Scanning system sir

System S'KRASAN

Blue Giant sun - home to a race of lizards called the Kraze, they are known for there warlike tendancies - according to legend they made up the bulk of the STAR LEAGUE army...... chances are there is a STAR LEAGUE FACILITY of major importance in this system

S'KRASAN I - Deset world to hot for anything

S'KRASAN II - 2 moons - Barren rock - contains vast lakes of liquid metal that are mined by the Kraze for their warships (usualy desrtoyer sized)

S'KRASAN III - 3 moons - Home world of the Kraze hot desert world that is like the sahara with little in the way of water. think like tatooine out of starwars

S'KRASAN IV - 1 moons - Home world that was terraformed so that Kraze could live on this world its a hot desert world that is like the sahara with little in the way of water. think like tatooine out of starwars

S'KRASAN V - 8 moons - Home world that was terraformed so that Kraze could live on this world its a hot desert world that is like the sahara with little in the way of water. think like tatooine out of starwars

S'KRASAN VI - 3 moons - is a water planet that is gaurded by the bulk of the KRAZE fleet - this is what they consider to be precsious commodity - they will gaurd this with their lives

S'KRASAN VII - Gas Giant - 60 moons - 3 debris rings - this is where the Kraze get their fuel from also their ship yards are based here.

S'KRASAN VIII - was once a planet but is now a vast asteroid field

S'KRASAN IX - 80 moons - Gas Giant size of Jupiter

S'KRASAN X - 100 moons - Gas Giant size of neptune

you are approx 2 light seconds (2 posts) the system

SO - scanning .........

sir we have 1 ship and escorts in the system you are not going to like this sir they are ALYSSIAN

2 x ALYSSIAN Frigate Strike Leader

10 shield mounts
2x ALYSSIAN Singularity Shields
2x ALYSSIAN Meta Shielding

24 turret mounts
6x ALYSSIAN Pulse Phaser
4x ALYSSIAN Nova Cannon

14 external mounts
6x ALYSSIAN Quantam Torpedo Launchers
8x ALYSSIAN Cluster Missile Launchers

14 additional mounts
ALYSSIAN Heavy Armour Plating
ALYSSIAN Ablative Armour
2x ALYSSIAN Anti Matter Drive
ALYSSIAN Advanced Tactics Computer
ALYSSIAN Advanced AI Ships Computer
ALYSSIAN Advanced Engineering Bay
6x ALYSSIAN Angel Class Fighters

200 tonnes hold
ALYSSIAN Blackhole Generator
carries 2x ALYSSIAN Angel Class Fighters

1 x ALYSSIAN Concordat Battle Star

Shields (60):
10 ALYSSIAN Singularity Shields (40)

//Below are back-up shields, only used when Singularity has failed.
ALYSSIAN Gravometeric Defence Grid (10)
5 ALYSSIAN Electromagnetic Shields (10)

Weaponry (200+16=216):
//Below are Particle Arrays + Pulse Phasers, PP always loaded into the PA grid.
2 ALYSSIAN Particle Arrays (20)
20 ALYSSIAN Pulse Phasers (40)

//Firepower. Rawr.
30 ALYSSIAN Nova Cannons (90)

2 ALYSSIAN Anti Matter Cannons (20)
2 ALYSSIAN Phased Particle Phasers 8 (30)
2 ALYSSIAN Linear Accelerators (16)

External (120):
20 ALYSSIAN Angel Heavy Class Fighters (N/A)
20 ALYSSIAN Angel Heavy Class Fighters (30)

40 ALYSSIAN Quantam Torpedo Launchers (40)
60 ALYSSIAN Cluster Missile Launchers (60)

Additional (140):
16 Weaponry Mounts (16)

ALYSSIAN Colapsium Armoured Hull (N/A)
ALYSSIAN Heavy Armour Plating (1)
ALYSSIAN Ablative Armour (1)

9 ALYSSIAN Black Hole Generators (9)
20 ALYSSIAN Anti Matter Drives (20)

//Drives below are only used to power the back-up shields, only activated when needed.
4 ALYSSIAN Fusion Drives (4)
5 ALYSSIAN Ion Drives (5)

ALYSSIAN Deflector Dish (2)
ALYSSIAN Lateral Sensor Array (4)
ALYSSIAN Phase Scanners (1)
ALYSSIAN Astrometrichs (4)

ALYSSIAN Advanced Ships AI Computer (N/A)
ALYSSIAN 9 Advanced Ships AI Computers (9)
ALYSSIAN 5 Advanced Tactics Computers (5)
ALYSSIAN 10 Advavced Engineering Bays (20)
ALYSSIAN ADMD (N/A)
ALYSSIAN Security Stations (2)
ALYSSIAN Advaced Flight Control (N/A)

ALYSSIAN 2 Tractor Beams Mk20 (N/A)
ALYSSIAN 8 Tractor Beams Mk20 (16)

ALYSSIAN 4 Corbamite Missile Launchers (4)
ALYSSIAN 10 Gunboats (20)

20000 tonnes hold
ALYSSIAN Black Hole Generator (N/A)

Last edited by Lady Hawk; 11 Jan 2004 at 19:13.
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 18:35   #765
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Ranks

1 - Sector Commander Acid-K: <<<<------------------Promoted
Score: 260
Medals: 0
Crew Morale: Good
Crew Experiance: Average
Crew Effeciancy: 60%

2 - Commander Ur-quan:
Score: 240
Crew Morale: Average
Crew Experiance: Green
Crew Effeciancy: 60%

3 - Commander Bakan:
Score: 230
Crew Effeciancy: 80%

4 - Lt Commander Planetkiller II
Score: 225
Crew Effeciancy: 90%

5 - Commander Darkling
Score: 220
Crew Effeciancy: 0%

6 - Lt Commander Wo2
Score: 200

7 - Commander J-Kama-Ka-C:
Score: 200

8 - Commander Fluffie:
Score: 190

9 - Lt Commander Crazyboy
Score: 180

10 - Lt Commander Flapjack:
Score: 180

11 - Commander Zappa:
Score: 160

12 - Commander No Dachi:
Score: 140

13 - Lt Commander Inspectre:
Score: 135

14 - Lt Commander Hewitt:
Score: 80

15 - Lt Commander Flik
Score: 70

Last edited by Lady Hawk; 11 Jan 2004 at 19:19.
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 18:46   #766
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Ur_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
you may take it as read then that ygin your new mission in the Shraanian system that AK now owns as your ship refits and repairs and you build the other ship

See my additional post (#739 on page 15) that is part of the entire reply and where I pick my mission. It does't add a lot to the action, but it does provide for some funny reading (I hope ) It also tells you that the mission I'll be wanting to do is the Federation mission (post #669) and I'd like to go to System 2 (where the anomaly is). Since this mission gives me 2 free scoutships, it made sense to return to Ankaa first. However, you're the boss.
As for my new ships, see post #741 also on page 15. I take it they have your approval then?
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 19:20   #767
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

told ak it would be hard - welcome to the hardest ships in MoA

Unread 11 Jan 2004, 19:30   #768
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

I suggest you turn around mister AcidK
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 19:53   #769
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

Shortly after the battle
*Replacing a power conduit that pratically disintegrated in his hands, Bakan looked around. Having left the bridge a few hours ago, he had been working non-stop on helping with the repairs. The repairs themselves were horribly extensive, with nearly every system on the ship suffering some type of damage. Plugging in the conduit, Bakan checks it over, blinking away some more dizziness, his vision doubling. Fortunally his Chief Medical Officer was to busy with more important cases, otherwise he would....*

Chief Medical Officer: "Captain, a moment."

*Blinking, Bakan shakes his head, only to hear that sentence again. Hitting his wrist intercom off, he continued to work, only to feel rough hands pull him back.*

Bakan: "What the f*ck you think you are doing?"

*Looking, Bakan's vision wavers again, then focuses to see his XO and Chief MEdical Officer, with 2 Marine's, one of them nursing a broken arm set in a regen-cast.*

XO: "Sir, come with us, you need medical treatment."

Bakan: "I'll be fine here, I'm feeling better."

XO: "No you are not. First of all, your wrist intercom was already off, second we were right behind you and you didn't notice, third the way you have that power conduit wired if it is brought online it would fry itself and several systems on this ship."

Chief Medical Officer: "Now, while you may hate me for this, I gotta do this. Under general protocols, I now relieve you of duty until you submit to proper medical treatment."

Bakan: "Nice try, but while we are in combat, that rule is nullified unless it is in cases of mental distress. And we are weakened here, more Alyassians can come at any time."

XO: "Sir, also the Dune Glider just arrived, complete with fresh repair crews and personal. She has taken over the defense, and as such we can stand down."

Chief Medical Officer: "Sorry sir, and congradulations on your promotion."

Bakan: "What promotion, AH!"

*Bakan grabs his arm but it is to late as the CMO injects Bakan with a hypospray. Feeling his world darken, Bakan stumbles, weaves, then falls, only to be caught by the two Marines.*

Some Time Later
*Grunting, Bakan felt himself wake up. Opening his eyes, he looked around to see the interior of a medical bay, but not one that he reconized right off the bat. Seeing several medical personal run about, Bakan grunted as he tried to raise himself up. Then, one of the personal looked at him from across the room, then blinked it seem right next to Bakan, gently pushing him down.*

Medical Personal: "Sir, you are not well enough to get up yet. It is surprising that you are even concious after we had to do minor brain surgery."

Bakan: "Ghd-se-brd-dshe..."

Medical Personal: "Oh darn, looks like your speech centers are still a little off-set, give me a moment."

*The Officer's eyes then surprisingly change color to a dark red, then return to normal.*

Bakan: "Yrd... Yodgs.....you are a Emergency Medical Hologram?"

EMH: "Right on Captain.. I mean Commander Bakan."

Bakan: "C-C-Commander?"

EMH: "Oh yes, you went into your coma after we got the backlog of messages. Your promotion went through."

Bakan: "W-Wh..."

EMH: "Where, oh you are onboard the Dune Glider, a most beautiful vessel I might say myself, under your command once you have recovered."

Bakan: "F-From what, I thought I only had a concusion."

EMH: "Well, that was the starting cause, afterwards your refusal to undergo medical treatment made it worse, until you ruptured several blodd vessels in your brain. Fortunally I was able to repair the everything before you suffered any damage, but in the process I installed a neural interface chip into your brain."

Bakan: "Why?"

EMH: "Well, you are no longer as young as you used to be being 87 now, but in order to get your brain functions back on track, I'm using it to help regulate your systems. Within a day you should be fully recovered, and the chip will only be used to communicate with the ship AI's."

*Off in a corner, a flicker of light appears, until the outline of a young women appears, surrounded in blue and purple hues with data flowing over her.*

Cortana: "AI, that's all you call me. Blah, I have more functionality that you will ever have. I'm Cortana by the way, AI for this ship."

EMH: "The Commander here has suffered brain injury, I'm taking it slow and easy."

Bakan: "Common, you know as well as I do 87 is not even middle life for our sub-set of peacekeepers."

*Pushing himself off, Bakan wavers, then manages to recover.*

Bakan: "I'm guessing we are on the Dune Glider right now, for I remember we launched spacedock, but the memory engrams crystal for our AI on Dune Rider didn't arrive."

Cortana: "Yes, we were able to pick it up. Currently Dorothy is getting used to her new home. It's quite nice to have a younger sister."

Bakan: "So... why are you here?"

Cortana: "Well sir, with another major galatic war looming on the horizon, it was felt that your little "fleet" here should have some additional firepower. Also, I was getting so bored of our patrol route, I mean, that one nebula the crew always stared as got so boring the second time we passed it."

Bakan: "How long have I been out?"

EMH: "Only about 31 hours."

Cortana: "But in that time the Dune Rider has been almost fully repaired and reloaded with some updates requested by Dorothy. Oh yeah, your former XO is now the Captain of the Dune Rider, though with your rank you are in command of the entire Armada. Even better new, we have captured two of the Alyssian Chimera Frigates. They have been fully staffed and are ready to come with us."

Bakan: "Amazing, making me obsolete already."

Cortana: "Oh never captain, perish the thought."

EMH: "Enough talking, I allowed this to go on cause the Commander needed the stimulation, but he needs rest."

Bakan: "Rest, there is no time for rest, I gotta learn about this new ship before we go underway again."

Cortana: "I can help with that, one micro-second, accessing your neural implant, downloading full technical specs and history of the Dune Glider."

*Bakan gasps and clutches his head, feeling as if someone just power-drilled into his brain and was filling it with knowledge. Data sheets, crew reports, tech specs, AI interface protocols, all and more flashing through his brain. Falling back, Bakan feels his brain actually adjust, getting used to the input, till finally at the end it feels no more painful than walking, as in not in all.*

Bakan: "Whoa..."

Cortana: "He likes it I think he likes it."

EMH: "Hmph."

*Sitting back, Bakan mentally starts going over all the data on his new ship.*

NOW
*Arriving at the bridge, Bakan steps out, and blinks. The bridge was even smaller than the one of the Dune Rider, which was surprising. Even more surprising was the presence of a Pilot at the back of the bridge, which took up so much space Bakan realized that without the Pilot and the interface stations, the bridge would be much larger. Looking at him, Bakan saw that like any Pilot race off-world it seemed to be bonded with the ship itself. Sitting there, it's four arms gracefully moving about the panals on the controls in front of it, it's oversized head turning to look at Bakan.*

Pilot: "Ahh, Commander welcome. Fine ship we have here."

Bakan: "Yes she is. Glad to have you aboard."

*Quickly scanning his records, Bakan found that the Dune Glider class ships were suppose to impliment a starburst FTL system that was used on a race of living starships known as Levithans. However, complications in the system led to it being set aside, with instead a slipstream core being installed.*

Pilot: "I must say, I will miss not being able to experiance the joys of controls a starburst system, but slipstream is so facinating. Not to mention, having long conversations with Cortana here, I can't imagine being anywhere else."

Cortana: "And I must admit having intelligent conversation is always a plus as well."

Bakan: "And what about the rest of us humans?"

Revan: "Oh, they just start talking about high end science crap when they get annoyed. Lt. Commander Revan, your new XO sir. Over at science is Lt. Bastila, with Lt. Commander Canderous Ordo being our Marine commander and ship security, and Lt. Carth Onasi over at tatical."

Bakan: "Nice. I take it Pilot also controls navigation at sublight."

Pilot: "Yes I do, though your station also contains controls as well. I know that at times I can't be as creative as some of you."

Bakan: "Interesting. Where is the chief engineer?"

Revan: "He's over at the Dune Rider completing repairs, Trask Ulgo should be back soon."

Bakan: "Very well."

*Sitting at his station, Bakan smiles. The station was configured in the way that he had his old helm station back 60 years ago when he stated off as a gunship pilot. Along with helm controls, there seemed to be optional controls for the weapons system and some basic shield controls as well. Looking it over, Bakan looks over at Pilot.*

Bakan: "So, you are connected to the ship, does that include the bio-organic hull."

Pilot: "Oh yes, I have been working with it to increase it's resistance to attacks. Both me and Cortana think that it will be more efficient than any other hull out there."

Cortana: "It learns quickly, but the best teacher is live fire combat to be honest. while I'm loath to suggest we go shoot someone down, it would be the best teacher."

Bakan: "Well, as I'm sure you all know, we have to complete a mission here. I know you all have been working hard at restoring my old ship. But now, we have to finish our mission. Cortana, Bastila, reestablish communications with the probes that the Dune Rider launched 2 days ago, and see what sensor data they have. Onasi, bring our shields online and begin warming up the weapons systems. Also load a round of missiles into our missile banks. Also communicate with Captain flapjack, let's link together and finish off this mission. Finally, see if Captain Darkling needs assistance."
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 21:03   #770
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Quote:

Just to make sure before writing a new reply, am I still going to get DMed on both replies or do I have to go on this note?
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 23:51   #771
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

AcidK has a spectacular aura aboutAcidK has a spectacular aura about

*Cid looked carefully at the scans and frowns deeply.*

Cid: We wont be able to withstand them... unless we can deliver a full blow onto that battlestar before it knows what hit it...
No1: So, you recon our new ship can cloak up behind it and deliver a strike onto that... thing? What's the chances of that actually doing enough damage?
SO: Even with a 50% increase of weapons power, even both our super weapons wouldn't be able to knock enough into them...
Cid: Hmm... not even with support can we defeat such enemies... however, what is the likely-hood that we can gain support from those Krase people? Slow down our hyperspeed pace, get us enough time to power up our main weapons so we can fire them if we are in a tight-spot and need a sudden jump out of the system. I want a communication link set up to the Krase and I want it now!
Comms: yes sir!
No1: But Sector Commander, what if they are in league with the Alyssians?
Cid: Then we tell them about C'raask, remember that C'raaskians are allies to no-one and would take their water planet quite quickly. We are hunters of these creatures, remember that, anyone that would defend water that carefully would love to have support from people that know how to deal with C'raaskians.
No1: Not everyone in the galaxy cares, sir. Us Shraanians seem the only people that do.
Cid: Anyone that has seen a full C'raaskian fleet would, Kosaga, and they would like support. If we have no other choice, we turn around and get the heck out of here, damned quickly I may add. Open the link, send the message that we are peaceful and are... enquiring about the allysian pressence here. Do not say any more than is neccessary.
Demand to see life's manager.
Make life rue the day it thought it could give me lemons.
Do you know who I am?
I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down!
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 05:16   #772
Wo2
The Janitor!

Wo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to behold

[ooc] My new ship will be in my next post. [/ooc]

*Wo2 stared in disbielef as the massive vessle entered FTL travel*

No1: "We...We... We Won!"

*The entire bridge erupted in cheeres and crewmember patted each other on the back and gave each other friendly embraces. Wo2 let a simle come to his face and he turned to the Comm officer.*

Wo2: "Contact all ships and ask if any of them need spare repair crews, we need to get moveing as soon as we can. FC recall you fighters."

FC: "Aye sir. But it won't be a joyous return for our pilots, we lost some friends out there."

Wo2: "I know, which is why as soon as we get back were trading in our ships for something more, usefull."

*This was met with looks of aphrihnsion but overall the crew agreed that would be essentail if they were to effectivly battle.*

Wo2: "DC get your crews working on our engines I want them back up to par, and work on the shields."

DC: "Okay sir."

*Wo2 looked at his captians chair fondly, he haden't been in command too long but it felt like he belonged their. He deicided his new chair would feel just as good. As soon as the two sister ships pooled their resources and got a new ship he would make Rakia, the captain of the other ship, his new No1 and would put his current No1 in charge of his Marine squads."

Wo2: "Well contact the other ships, we still need to get the last two Sci-vessles to where ever the hell they were goning. Unless they would rather go back."

Comm: "I'll ask."

Wo2: "You do that."
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 18:33   #773
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Comms: "We're receiving a message from the Amodyte, lieutenant. They've finished loading up the Kylithium into our cargobay and captain Killer thanks us for our support and says he might venture to contact us again in the future."
WO: "Very well. We'll inform the captain right away. Contact him on the internal commsystem."
Comms: "Yes Ma'am, commline open, you can speak now."
WO: "Captain? This is lieutenant Muller speaking."

* After some initial silence, there's the sound of high heels clicking against the floor: *click* *clack* *click* *clack* *click* *clack*

No1: "The captain is a little tied up right now. What is it, Sarah?"
WO: "We've finished loading up on Kylithium and captain Killer has expressed his gratituide and informs us he may be contacting us again in the future."

* In the background there's the enthusiastic rattling of chains.

No1: "Excuse me for a second."

* Again there's the sound of high heels: *click* *clack* *click* *clack* *click* *clack* and then a there's a different sound: *wssssjh* ending in a loud thunderclap followed by a muffled cry. Again there's the sound of high heels, only more rapdily this time: *clickclack* *clickclack* *clickclack*

No1: "Right. So the Kylithium is aboard the ship? Make sure it's safely stored in the armoured cargopods. We don't want any accidents happening to it and provide the arms master with her sample."
WO: "Yes, commander."
No1: "Have you yet found anything useful on the Mantis shipwrecks?"
WO: "No, not yet."
WO: "Right, keep looking, if you don't find anything, set a course back to Ankaa. Furthermore, I want you to use the longe range comm system to send a message to Major Tomm at Ankaa Control. Tell him we'll gladly take mission 1, system 2 (post #669)."
WO: "Another one of these missions?"
No1: "We need the money and there's a high reward for it. Now, if that'll be all, Sarah, the captain and I do not wish to be disturbed for at least another 2 hours."
WO: "Yes commander, understood!"

* Time passes and in captain Bogg's quarters, commander Speckles is gently stroking captain Bogg's bruised body.

No1: "Do you have any idea yet, where you're going to spend all those credits on?"
Bogg: "Yes I was thinking of upgrading the ship, making it more powerful."
No1: "Yes, of course, but I meant, do you have any detailed schematics yet?"
Bogg: "Yes, I've spent some of time on these."

* Bogg opens the drawer of his bedside table and produces a couple of childish, but colourful drawings. The first one shows a space battle where a big ship with many guns firing streams of hot plasma and missiles at the combined CSC, Federation, Kipire, Borg, Devoran, Alyssian, Insectid fleets and utterly destroying them. There are a lot of exlosions to be seen.
Bogg: "Look this is us, right here where it says so near the arrow pointing at us and this here, with all the multiple arrows, that's them, our enemies. They're going to die, because of our secret superior technology that I'm going to invent. It's called a Bogg-gun and it's more powerful than 100 phased reflexcannons with particle biophasers attached to it. It has unlimited shots, requires no charging time and you can put 20 on a single mount!"

* Bogg shows the next drawing. It depicts a guy standing on a pile of dead bodies waving a huge deathraygun and at his foot there appears to be a big breasted woman that is erotically holding on to his muscular leg and looking up to him. Great care has been taken to put all the different logos on all the different uniforms.
Bogg: "And this is me, standing on top of my enemies, after I've killed all of them. And here is you, holding on to my leg, admiring and loving me for the wonderful person that I am as well as my superb body and good taste in just about everything."

* Bogg moves on to the third and final drawing. There's someone with a big crown on his head and sitting on a chair. Surrounding him are several big treasure chests that are bright yellow on the inside. There are also some scantily clad women in the drawing. From the way it's drawn it's very clear that the women used to be naked at first, but some clothes were drawn over various parts of their bodies.
Bogg: "And here's when it's all over. I shall be the master of the universe. Of course, I already am, but not everybody knows that yet. But they will soon! And I shall be the richest person ever and maidens from all over the galaxy will come and offer themselves to me."

* Commander Speckles blinks a couple of times and looks at Bogg in astonishment: "How about letting me design our new ship?"

Bogg: "Ok."
FEDERATION MISSION

Due to the war with the CSC we need to know the capabilities of the CSC and as to what forces they are mustering if any for an invasion of

KIPIRE Space
Federation Space
Clan Asanawa Space

to this end we will give 2 FTL Scout Scanner Ships to the Captain or Captains who will take on this mission

DANGER RATING - HIGH

Enemies - Possible CSC Ships (95% probablity)

REWARD - 95000c + bonus

Location to choose from one of 3 CSC Forward Base Systems

system 2 - 20 light years in CSC space - 2 planets + 1 ion nebulae + 1 strange space anomaly - ships in location - 1 Heavy Space Station and at least 4 Attack Frigates KING Class

You look at the MoA mission from the space bar in the Space Station owned by AK as your new ship is being outfitted.

Your No1 is busily recruiting new members for your crew, you decide to accept this mission.

Comms - signal sent to Ankaa sir accepting mission

Comms - mission accepted, FTL scanner ships on their way

2 x The Scout Ships scanner class
- FTL Scout

Hull: Colapsium Armour
Shield: Phase Shield

6 Turret:
Pulse Phaser (2)
Phaser G (1)
2x Phaser X (1)
2x EMP Cannon (2)

2 External
4x Scavenger Class Light Fighters (1)
Quantum Torp Launcher (1)

4 Additionals
Deflector Dish (1)
Advanced AI (1)
Sensor Array (2)

50 Tonnes Hold
Phase Drive
Space Fold

FC - ships specs are aok sir

SO - ships added to our roster sir

No1 - they seem ok sir

SO - data downloaded for coordinates of system sir

EO - we have fitted some KYLTHIUM to the engines sir as per AK specs we have 200% power although we will have to take it easy with the new drives sir

SO - we still need to run tests sir

Helm - course laid in

Soon your ships begin to move toward the area of space where War has begun and you pick the system hoping that you will not run into too much trouble

soon your ships emerge from jump space 3 light seconds from the system (3 posts)

SO - scanning

system 2 - 20 light years in CSC space - 2 planets + 1 ion nebulae + 1 strange space anomaly - ships in location - 1 Heavy Space Station and at least 4 Attack Frigates KING Class

Orbiting a dead neutron star called ANDAR MINOR in an area of space called the GORMENGAST DARK SPACE VECTOR due to pockets of undectable Dark Matter this place is a danger to all known ships, however there is an anomaly a rogue DEVIL PLANET CLASS V located deep in the expance and its rumoured to have a paradise located on its surface

ANDAR MINOR I - 6 moons - ICE world - this worls is the size of mars and is riddled with ice caves this is the main base of the CSC in this sector.

ANDAR Nine - Heavy Space Station

==Hull==
2 x Polarised Tritatanium Armoured Hull (1)
Colapsium Armoured Hull (1)

==Shields==
4x Medium Shields (N/A)
2x Energy Shields (4)
2 x Energy Shields (4)

==Turrets==
4x Medium Ion Cannon (2)
4x Photon Cannon (2)
2x Phased Hellbore Cannon (4)
4x Pulse Phaser (2)

==External==
Advanced Probes (1)
Tractor Cargo Beams (1)
Tractor Cargo Beams (1)
32x Medium Fighters (8 Units)
18x Polaris Fighters (9)

==Additional==
Advavced Engineering Bay (2)
Advanced Medbay (N/A)
Emergency Medical Hologram (1)
3x Holo Deck (6)
Advanced Computer Core AI (1)
Deflector Dish (1)
Phase Scanners (1)
Range and Lateral Sensor Array (6)
Linear Accelerator (8)
Black Hole Generator (1)

1000 Tonnes Hold
3x Fusion Drive
Ion Drive

ANDAR MINOR II - Barren rock the size of pluto - no moons but serves as a training base for CSC troops.

the system has been bolsterd by the arrival of 2 new ships

4 x Hull: KING class Attack Frigate Leaders
150 tonnes hold

Shields (4):
2x Energy Shields (4)

Weaponry (10+2=12):
4x Phasers 4 (4)
8x Pulse Phasers (8)

External (6):
4x Quantam Torpedoes (2)
8x Photon Torpedoes (4)

Additional (6):
2 Weaponry Mounts (2)
1 Engine/Drive Mount (1)

Heavy Armour Plating (1)
Advanced AI Ships Computer (1)

Engines/Drives (1+1=2):
Anti Matter Drive (1)
Warp Drive (1)

2 x Hull: MANIPULATOR Class Strike Light Cruisers
2500 tonnes hold
carries 4 light class fighters

Shields (8):
2 Energy Shields (8)

Weaponry (18+6=24):
4 Phasers 4 (8)
8 Pulse Phasers (16)

External (14):
4 Federation Class Light Fighters (N/A)
16 Federation Class Light Fighters (8)
4 Quantam Torpedoes (4)
2 Anti Matter Bombs (2)

Additional (14):
6 Weaponry Mounts (6)
2 Drive/Engine Mounts (2)

2 Heavy Armour Plating (2)

Drives/Engines (1+2=3):
2 Anti Matter Drives (2)
1 Warp Drive (1)

No1 - whoot thats some system sir

Last edited by Lady Hawk; 12 Jan 2004 at 18:58.
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 18:48   #774
flapjack
crashed computer

comms: "sir, captain bakan is attempting to link our ships up again, should i link up the entire fleet?"

me: "most certainly, and respond to his message: "Captain bakan, there is no need to help our previous ally, the coward has just jumped out of the system and the 2 allysians will probably be handled by the destroyers, i suggest we make a run for the third planet so i can test my science systems aboard the carrier, we can split any salvage fifty fifty, and if you have anything you want researched, just send it over to the carrier, the only cost will be the fact that we'll have a copy of the data from the research. We would obviously appreciate help from your science crews for analyzing any salvaged items. We are currently setting a course for the third planet, which we suspect the base is on and we have enough money to get an all-terrain base and a small space station to gaurd the planet for our exploitation, it is even possible to get a small scale alliance with the people of the fourth planet."

me:"helm, set a course for the third planet, best possible speed, captain bakan's ships are faster then we are and so is the carrier."

tactical: shields are up, weapons charging to full capicity, we won't get caught by surprise and we can launch the assault shuttles without dropping our shields

Unread 12 Jan 2004, 19:03   #775
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

*Listening to Captain Flapjacks message, Bakan rests his chin on his hands, and thinks. The intelligence did point towards the 3rd planet. Plus Captain Flapjacks offer did make sense.*

Bakan: "Cortana, open up a channel to Captain Flapjack. Tell him that we will continue to assist him. Lt. Bastila, start scanning the 3rd planet, I want to know what's on it, who's on it, and what's around it. Cortana, also send a message to the fleet orbiting the 4th planet and request their permission to investigate the 3rd planet and to possibly set up a small base. Tight beam transmission though, I don't want them overhearing."

Bastila: "Warming up the scanners and sending out signals, we should start getting data soon."

Bakan: "Pilot, once we have caught up with Flapjack's fleet, slow us down to match speeds. We don't want to overshoot."

Pilot: "Laying in course and engaging."

Bakan: "Wing Commander, prepare all fighters, coordinate with us and the Dune Rider, I just want the pilots ready to launch 5 seconds after orders."

Wing Commander: "Aye sir."

Bakan: "Cortana, take us to battle stations. I want full shields up, get our weapons charging, load out missile bays, repair crews to stations. I want us to be ready if we engage hostiles."

Cortana: "Already done captain. Common, you think I'm going to risk my new home already?"

Bakan: "No, but I did expect you to wait till I issued orders, something we will need to talk about."

Chief Engineer: "Sir, I just got back onboard. The slipstream drive can route additional power to our systems, want me to start adjusting power."

Bakan: "Not yet, let's see what we have to face first of all, we may need that power later."

*Joining up with Flapjack's fleet, Bakan's fleet flies in formation, weapons charging, weapons technicians running around loading the missile bays, turrets charging, and fighters being moved into launch positions.*
Unread 13 Jan 2004, 03:17   #776
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Quote:
- FTL Scout

6 Turret:
Pulse Phaser (2)
Phaser G (1)
2x Phaser X (1)
2x EMP Cannon (2)

2 External

4 Additionals
Deflector Dish (1)
Advanced AI (1)
Sensor Array (2)

50 Tonnes Hold
Phase Drive
Space Fold
I'm cutting me own throat here as these are the ships you sent me, but it's unfair not to say anything about it. FTL scoutships have only 1 shield mount and therefore they can't have phase shield (2 mounts) without using additional mounts, right? This is not the case here. Also, do engines and FTL drives not require mounts too? :eek:
Unread 13 Jan 2004, 09:59   #777
flapjack
crashed computer

ships made by the great LH are always correct, just sometimes they're a little strange

Unread 13 Jan 2004, 10:59   #778
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

well.. ships made for or stolen by miss hawk are usually correct.
then she just some times alters them
Unread 13 Jan 2004, 19:15   #779
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Due to Major System crash (and i do mean major) - I had to reformat the Hard drive of pc and turns out my backup was corrupted

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

i need you all to email me

[email protected]

with all your Rommie/MoA stuff - thats right ships/plans the works

cheers LH

Unread 13 Jan 2004, 19:46   #780
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Quote:
Due to Major System crash (and i do mean major) - I had to reformat the Hard drive of pc and turns out my backup was corrupted

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

i need you all to email me

[email protected]

with all your Rommie/MoA stuff - thats right ships/plans the works

cheers LH
Ouch!!!

Will resend once I get back from work.

[Computer Tech Geek] What happened BTW? Do you have a backup hard drive? What type of hard drive was it/what operating system you using with it?[/Computer Tech Geek]

[Helpful RP-er Mode] Need Any assistance with spreadsheets, etc etc? [/Helpful RP'er Mode]
Unread 13 Jan 2004, 20:26   #781
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Will send once I get Radio Neo set up (thats right, Radio Neo will be back on the air, hopefully soon).
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Unread 13 Jan 2004, 22:52   #782
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Of course, to make up for this terrible event...

You all will get too face shinily new, even harder ships to fight against!

Yay you lot!
Unread 15 Jan 2004, 05:07   #783
Wo2
The Janitor!

Wo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to behold

radio neo? Huh?

Yah I'll resend my stuff. Along with my new ship, free of charge!
Unread 15 Jan 2004, 09:28   #784
flapjack
crashed computer

the stuff is sent, together with the plans for a light spacestation and all-terrain base that we might (or might not) decide to build on the third planet

Unread 17 Jan 2004, 01:28   #785
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

sent my stuff, along with plans. I'll send a full reveiw of shraanian species soon (ie, ones that would still be in the shraanain system remains, either under slavery or fighting for their own freedom).
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 14:59   #786
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

ok replies begin on sunday

Unread 17 Jan 2004, 20:29   #787
Wo2
The Janitor!

Erk... My ship may be delyed. Some developments occured.
Unread 18 Jan 2004, 01:13   #788
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Quote:

No1 - looks like an easy target sir we should be able to take them

SO- we have full power and we have full fuel tanks

WO - we have full weapons sir

EO - we have full fuel as the SO has said

No1 - lets go

your ships jump to intercept the convoy

you appear 1 light second away from where they are supposed to come out of hyperspace to re jump on the next part of their journey

EO - we have completed the transformation to KIPIRE colours sir

SO - and we have modified our flight recorders to

No1 - lets hope this plan goes ok

SO - scanning sir the jump points are opening as expected sir
"Very good. Everyone in uniform?"

Looking around the bridge, Fluffie nods satisfied as he sees everyone is indeed wearing KIPIRE clothes, aiding the transformation when the communications they'd have with the FEDERATION ship would show part of the Bebop's bridge. Turning his head to look at the MC, Fluffie raises an eyebrow questingly.

"Troopers disguised too? Nerve gas ready, marines informed of their task?"

The MC nodded and eased Fluffie with some re-assuring words that the troops were all ready for the plan. Fluffie nodded back and looked at the view screen as the SO reported the convoy jumping in.

"Ok then, lets get going. Comms tell our ships to keep in formation... All stations at the ready. Jam all communications from now on, make sure we are in control of that. And science, do keep an eye on long range scanners, run some extensive scans to see if there is any cloaked vessel with them."

SO - Aye sir.

Comms - All ships ready, will open channel to their lead ship when we identify it.

Fluffie nodded and sat down in his chair again, having been standing around a moment before. He was slightly tensed... A bad thing, he'd have to play his part right. Hearing his SO give some comments about ships jumping in, he quickly straightened his KIPIRE COMMODORE uniform and focussed his mind, he'd have to sound convincing very soon.

SO - That's all ships jumped in, we are jamming sir.

Comms - Opening channel to lead ship...

The Comms dude nodded at Fluffie as the channel was opened, Fluffie standing up, taking a step or two forward, facing the viewscreen head-on.

"Attention Federation Convoy, please halt and co-operate. This is Commodore Slivek of the Kipire. You have not heard of me before, my unit and I work under strict secrecy. Afterwards, you will be obliged to keep silent about this meeting, everyone not involved will be kept in the dark about this - I am sure a capable commander such as you will be able to tell your crew what happened.... instead of what really happened. As another precaution, my science officer is running continious and extensive scans, as well is he occupied with making sure there are no communications, except those allowed by me.

However, I must get down to the matter at hand. We have multiple sources telling that there might be a dangerous hive virus aboard your convoy. This particular hive virus, known as Heratio by the few experts that have actually been able to study it, nests itself in an entire population before striking. When it strikes, it hits hard. I am sure you understand that we cannot risk such a virus making its way to Tau Ceti, one of the more important systems in the Kipire.

We will need to run some scans and possible other tests, I ask you to co-operate so that the entire proceeding shall take as little time as possible. My science department will run some scans on your ships now, please be so kind to deactive your shields if you have raised them to allow us to get the best and most accurate results from our scans.

This channel will remain open for you to contact us through, we will however stop transmitting from our side for now. Do not attempt to communicate outside this sector of space, we will however allow you to briefly inform your ships of what is going on. Remember though, this is a secret operation - preferably no-one needs to know, so be creative.

Commodore Slivek out."

Slivek, or rather Fluffie, turns and nods at his Comms again, who quickly enters a command, stopping the transmitting from the Bebop. Having heard the words in Fluffie's "speech", he will allow the Federation convoy to communicate with each other.... And of course, he will try to hear what they are saying.

The science officer also is busy, ordering his available crewmen around. Seeing Fluffie look at him he nods and reports that he is running a bio-scan on the Federation convoy, trying to see if they have the virus with them. This however, of course, is all fake... But they'd have to keep it as real as possible...

"No1, I take it we are combat ready if we need to?"

No1 (SOLO) - Aye.

"Good. Now, we will wait for the SO to finish his scans... And for their leader to return a communique, I take it he will do so.

Solo - Quite so. Now... we wait.
Unread 18 Jan 2004, 07:35   #789
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Quote:
FEDERATION MISSION

Due to the war with the CSC we need to know the capabilities of the CSC and as to what forces they are mustering if any for an invasion of

KIPIRE Space
Federation Space
Clan Asanawa Space

to this end we will give 2 FTL Scout Scanner Ships to the Captain or Captains who will take on this mission

DANGER RATING - HIGH

Enemies - Possible CSC Ships (95% probablity)

REWARD - 95000c + bonus

Location to choose from one of 3 CSC Forward Base Systems

You look at the MoA mission from the space bar in the Space Station owned by AK as your new ship is being outfitted.

Your No1 is busily recruiting new members for your crew, you decide to accept this mission.

Comms - signal sent to Ankaa sir accepting mission

Comms - mission accepted, FTL scanner ships on their way

- FTL Scout

6 Turret:
Pulse Phaser (2)
Phaser G (1)
2x Phaser X (1)
2x EMP Cannon (2)

2 External

4 Additionals
Deflector Dish (1)
Advanced AI (1)
Sensor Array (2)

50 Tonnes Hold
Phase Drive
Space Fold

FC - ships specs are aok sir

SO - ships added to our roster sir

No1 - they seem ok sir

SO - data downloaded for coordinates of system sir

EO - we have fitted some KYLTHIUM to the engines sir as per AK specs we have 200% power although we will have to take it easy with the new drives sir

SO - we still need to run tests sir

Helm - course laid in

Soon your ships begin to move toward the area of space where War has begun and you pick the system hoping that you will not run into too much trouble

soon your ships emerge from jump space 3 light seconds from the system (3 posts)

SO - scanning

Orbiting a dead neutron star called ANDAR MINOR in an area of space called the GORMENGAST DARK SPACE VECTOR due to pockets of undectable Dark Matter this place is a danger to all known ships, however there is an anomaly a rogue DEVIL PLANET CLASS V located deep in the expance and its rumoured to have a paradise located on its surface

ANDAR MINOR I - 6 moons - ICE world - this worls is the size of mars and is riddled with ice caves this is the main base of the CSC in this sector.

ANDAR Nine - Heavy Space Station

==Hull==
2 x Polarised Tritatanium Armoured Hull (1)
Colapsium Armoured Hull (1)

==Shields==
4x Medium Shields (N/A)
2x Energy Shields (4)
2 x Energy Shields (4)

==Turrets==
4x Medium Ion Cannon (2)
4x Photon Cannon (2)
2x Phased Hellbore Cannon (4)
4x Pulse Phaser (2)

==External==
Advanced Probes (1)
Tractor Cargo Beams (1)
Tractor Cargo Beams (1)
32x Medium Fighters (8 Units)
18x Polaris Fighters (9)

==Additional==
Advavced Engineering Bay (2)
Advanced Medbay (N/A)
Emergency Medical Hologram (1)
3x Holo Deck (6)
Advanced Computer Core AI (1)
Deflector Dish (1)
Phase Scanners (1)
Range and Lateral Sensor Array (6)
Linear Accelerator (8)
Black Hole Generator (1)

1000 Tonnes Hold
3x Fusion Drive
Ion Drive

ANDAR MINOR II - Barren rock the size of pluto - no moons but serves as a training base for CSC troops.

the system has been bolsterd by the arrival of 2 new ships

4 x Hull: KING class Attack Frigate Leaders
150 tonnes hold

Shields (4):
2x Energy Shields (4)

Weaponry (10+2=12):
4x Phasers 4 (4)
8x Pulse Phasers (8)

External (6):
4x Quantam Torpedoes (2)
8x Photon Torpedoes (4)

Additional (6):
2 Weaponry Mounts (2)
1 Engine/Drive Mount (1)

Heavy Armour Plating (1)

Engines/Drives (1+1=2):
Anti Matter Drive (1)
Warp Drive (1)

2 x Hull: MANIPULATOR Class Strike Light Cruisers
2500 tonnes hold
carries 4 light class fighters

Shields (8):
2 Energy Shields (8)

Weaponry (18+6=24):
4 Phasers 4 (8)
8 Pulse Phasers (16)

External (14):
4 Federation Class Light Fighters (N/A)
16 Federation Class Light Fighters (8)
4 Quantam Torpedoes (4)
2 Anti Matter Bombs (2)

Additional (14):
6 Weaponry Mounts (6)
2 Drive/Engine Mounts (2)

2 Heavy Armour Plating (2)

Drives/Engines (1+2=3):
2 Anti Matter Drives (2)
1 Warp Drive (1)

No1 - whoot thats some system sir
* On his new commandship The Dancing Starfish, Bogg inspected his new and enlarged private quarters. He trailed a finger alongside the window's framwork and was pleased to find it was all clean. He then looked through one of windows to his former ship; The Frivolous Rainbow that was flying next to it and spoke to his No1: "It looks so small all of a sudden. And those modifications really changed its appearance. You know, I can hardly believe it's my own Frivolous Rainbow."
No1: "I know, but since we invested most of our credits into this fearsome new battleship, the only option, apart from selling it, was to turn it into a secondary support ship and looking at its armaments I think we succeeded in that."
* Bogg smiled: Yes, it is quite a stunning ship, isn't it?.
No1: "Captain? Why did you put commander McQuirk in charge of The Frivolous Rainbow? and not me? After all, he's just the wingcommander and I am the most qualified person for it."
* Bogg turns around in surprise and raises an eyebrow: "It's unusual for you to be so vain, Alison, but if you must know, I need you here on this ship, besides you still outrank McQuirk."

Bogg: "On another note, I was trying to think of some names for our new scoutships, but I couldn't think of any, so I was thinking; why don't we hold a naming competition around the crew? You know, give them the opportunity to have their say in what they think the ships should be called. To submit a suggestion all they have to do is hand in a datapad with their idea. Of course, we only need sensible names, so have it known that any stupid ones will have their suggestor executed. Although not mandatory, a short reasoning on why they think their name should win, would be good. I'd say we give them 2 weeks and then we'll select the best 5 after which there will be a public vote about it. Oh and to the winner we'll give 5 credits to do whatever they like with. How about that?"
No1: I think it's too elaborate and time consuming, besides it's convenient to have names now and not in two weeks time. Let's just call them Redshift and Blueshift."
Bogg: "Hm, Redshift and Blueshift, I like that. Now how about introducing me to their 'captains'?"
No1: "They came with the ships that were given to us by the Federation, captain. I've not spoken to them myself yet, but their names are Richie Rowan and Eddie Atkinson."

* No1 taps a few buttons on the wall and a private viewscreen comes to life. The screen is split in two and one of them shows a bald guy with a pronounced pair of spectacles in a brown suit. He's sleeping and has various empty bottles in front of him. The other part shows a guy in a white shirt and a pair of jeans. He's holding a very explicit magazine in front of him and winks at it while sticking out his tongue at it.
* No1 coughs and the guy in jeans looks up from his magazine and into the viewscreen and startled as he is, immediately dumps the magazine under his desk, moves 1 hand over his longish hair and laughs nervously: "Eheheheh, hello captain, so pleased to meet you. You'll forgive me if I don't stand to attention, but you seem to have caught me with my pants down, umm, err, I mean I'm having a bad leg day today, ehee ahahaha."
* At that moment the bald guy with the spectacles wakes up, looks around and, notices the viewscreen and tries to focus, after which he hurriedly gets up, tries to stand to attention and immediately falls over. With some effort, he manages to climb back into his chair and tries to salute, but instead hits himself with his own fist, knocking himself out of his seat again.

Bogg: "So who is who?"
No1: "The one with the brown suit and the glasses that just dropped on the floor is Eddie Atkinson, the other one is Richie Rowan."
Bogg: "Very well, I've seen enough. Oh, 'captain' Rowan, your ship is now to be called Redshift and when your friend on the floor comes to, tell him his ship will carry the name Blueshift. Furthermore, I expect the both of you to perform satisfactory on this mission or I'll have you both slowly tortured to death in a most horrible way."

* Not waiting for a response, Bogg turns the screen off and gives Alison a meaningful look: "Why does the Federation do this to me? Do they want us to fail?"
* Before Alison can answer, the internal commsystem asks for their presence on the bridge, because they're closing in on the CSC system.

* Bogg looked at the system's scan readouts on the viewscreen and tried to grin like a brilliant evil mastermind: "Nothing we can't handle with our brand new phased particle phaser 8! Begin charging it this instant. I want it ready to fire once we enter the system with our guns blazing. We shall cause terror and mayhem like only true pirates can do!!"
No1: "I'm not so sure that's wise, captain. We're outnumbered and we shouldn't underestimate that space station; it looks pretty dangerous to me."
Bogg: "Oh, I suppose that you, once again, have a much better plan than I do, hmmm??"
No1: "I think so."
Bogg: "Well, in that case you'd better tell me now."

* No1 walks forward to the viewscreen and pushes some buttons to make the viewscreen display some schematics of the enemy ships and station, as she begins to explain: "The way I see it, we have 2 options here. The first option is the most simple option and that's to go in with our guns blazing and hoping we won't be torn apart by the enemy ships, whereas the other option is a cunning one."
Bogg: "Go on, I'm still listening."
No1: "Well, as I said before, that space station looks pretty dangerous, so the key is to take that out first. We could, of course, use our superweapons to destroy it. However, there is a more efficient way."
Bogg: "Like what?"
No1: "We will enter the system under cloak, sneak up on the space station while its shields are down and then we'll let the The Frivolous Rainbow fire all its ion and EMP cannons, effectively disabling them for a short period of time. During this time we will launch our marine assualt pods at the station's bridge. Once inside, our troops should be able to gain control of the bridge from where they can seal off all decks and prevent any fighters from being launched and any weapons from being fired. If we send enough troops, they'll be able to clean the station's key sections of enemy presence and then we can use it in our fight against the other ships."
Bogg: "It sounds like it could work, but what about the scoutships? They cannot cloak, and I'm pretty sure the CSC will demand a pretty damn good reason for their presence there."
No1: "I have thought about that. The scoutships are so small and so lightly armed that they will not be seen as a threat and the station will not bother to raise its shields. As for an excuse for their presence. Commanders Rowan and Atkinson will pretend to be CSC sympathisers that have come to this border system to help defend it against a possible Federation/Kipire/Asanawa attack."
Bogg: "WHAT? You want to use THEM for this plan? They'll screw up for sure!!"
No1: "You've seen captains Rowan and Atkinso for yourself captain. No one would ever believe them even if they told the truth and said they were Federation captains."
Bogg: "Hmm, I suppose you have a point. Alright, we'll use your plan, but I want to be sure it'll work, so I want you to run some simulations first."
No1: "I'll start working on it right away."
Bogg: "Comms, inform the other ships of our plans."
Comms: "Messages sent, captain!"
Bogg: "Marine commander Redbock, I want you to prepare all the troops for an assault on a CSC heavy space station. You're free to use the holodeck for this purpose. More details about the attackplan and the target will be provided by Commander Speckles, when she's done with her simulations."
MC: "Aye Capt'n, understood!"
Bogg: "Laura, reports mentioned an anomaly in this system, can you try to get any more information on that?"
SO: "Yes captain!"
Bogg: "Sarah, activate the cloaking device."
WO: "Activating cloak."

* Almost instantly The Dancing Starfish vanishes from sight, shortly followed by The Frivolous Rainbow, seemingly only leaving the two scout ships; Redshift and Blueshift to travel towards the CSC system. On board of the cloaked ships, troops have started making preparations for an assault and plans are being made.

Last edited by Ur_Quan; 20 Jan 2004 at 20:52.
Unread 18 Jan 2004, 13:19   #790
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold

*A bright blue flash engulfed the bridge of the Chrysalis as the concordat time jumped. The blue flash slowly dissipated, and the bridge crew of the Command Carrier slowly blinked away the temporary blindness from the concordat’s time jumping. Slowly the crew realized what had happened, and one then another started cheering.*

“Well done ladies and gentlemen. Looks like we managed to show them who is boss. But it’s no time for celebrating yet. We still have a mission to complete. Flight Commander, issue recall orders to all fighters. SO, start scanning the area. Search for survivors from downed fighters and direct the runabouts and gunboats to pick them up. See also if there is any debris out there that we can salvage and is worth selling.”

FC: “Aye captain. All fighters are heading for the barn”
SO: “Yes sir. Scanning the area now.”

“Comms, get me the Escort Carrier. Ask the Captain if he got all the information he needed for his experimental fighters. Damage Control teams, get those hull breaches fixed then start working on getting us back to full power.”

Comms: “Yes Captain. Sending message”

*Crazy sighed and leant back in his chair. His first major battle was over and he, and his allies, had come out on top. He had lost crew members and pilots, but that was expected in a fight wasn’t it? Still, it didn’t help him that much. Crazy shook his head to clear it of those thoughts for now and turned back to the matter at hand.*

“It seems as if we’ve won this battle. But the Chronos might just come back for some revenge. Everyone keep on guard. The quicker we get out of here, the better. Tactical, keep our weapons offline, but have them ready to go hot at a moments notice. Get our shields back to full power asap. SO, if you see any signs at all of something looking remotely hostile, inform me. Lets not get complacent guys and gurls.”

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Ghetto Master Ellis says:
Heil Crazy!
Unread 20 Jan 2004, 16:45   #791
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

will do wednesday

Unread 20 Jan 2004, 17:17   #792
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Hewitts Ship -

all as before along with scenes of Nude Dancing Hewitts and the title - SERVICE WILL BE RESUMED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

along with screams and the sounds of Neighbours actors ripping hewitt apart

Hewitt
weapons charging 3 posts
ooc: <Insert undescribable screams of horror/terror/agony/pain/etc here>

Like the message says...

But I wanna use my HPC's

Erm...

Please?

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 21 Jan 2004, 15:44   #793
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

ooc: I'll take the total lack of response as a resounding yes.

WO: ffs... talk about trying to crack a nut without a nutcracker.

*Three cruiser class ships had now be engaged for a number of salvos with the alien vessel but still it remained in a fairly healthy state. In return wave upon wave of quantum torpedoes as well as other enemy fire had been thrown back at them.

Pandora was one of those vessels. Protected by a ring of fighters armed with AMD's some of the torps and never made it to their intended target but a few had along with numerous energy blasts. However, Hewitt was relatively happy with the situation, his ship's shields were holding, internal circuitry fires were quickly expelled and best of all - the HPC's were finally nearing full charge.*

SO: Enemy torpedoes inbound!

WC: We're on it sir.

*Hewitt continued to watch on fairly calmly as the battle progressed. Well... on the outside at least - on the inside he desperately craved for his bottle of SR Tequila (TM). At the moment his main focus was on the holo-diagram of the alien vessel.*

Hewitt: Is that a weakness in their shields I see?

*Hewitt points to the forward-port section of the holo, where the colour shading representing the enemy shields had started to turn a shade of yellow.*

SO: I do believe it could well be sir... what you thinking?

*Hewitt just grins slightly.*

Hewitt: Ok this is what we are going to do. WO hold all fire for a second and reset target co-ordinates to this point here. *Hewitt points at the forward-port shields.*

WO: Ok... Done si-

*Suddenly everyone is forced to hold on to something as the deck shakes violently. Another enemy torpedo had gotten through.*

WO: *ahem* Done sir. What now?

Hewitt: Notify our fighter squad. On my mark I every ship to fire their photon cannon and PPD at the same co-ordinates.

WO: Transmitting sir...

Comms: Patching you through to the WC so you can give the order.

Hewitt: WO, on the same order I want you to fire every thing we have, photon cannons, nova torps, EMP missiles, ion cannon and most important of all - the heavy pulse cannons.

No.1: An Alpha Strike sir? But Pandora hasn't performed any tests let alone initated all her weapons at once before. What if she blows an...

Hewitt: Nothing will go wrong No.1. Trust me...

*Pandora moved slightly in space as the helmsman changed the angle of attack as per Hewitt's orders. Every single weapons port on her hull began to glow, lighting her up like a christmas tree. Torpedoes locked on, the EMP launchers emerged from their internal position and the Jupiter class fighter/bombers took aim. Everything was now set for hell to be unleashed.*

WO: HPC's charged!!

Hewitt: All ships FIRE!!

*Pandora moved backwards in space visibly as everything was unloaded. The normal yellowish-purple energy streaks from the six photon cannons is soon backed up by another ten as Pandora's fighter escort lets rip. Ten thin bluish-green blasts also emit from the fighters as well. At the same time the nose mounted ion cannon let loose with it's electrical discharge, the forward facing nova missile launchers unleashed a swarm of no less than 32 torpedoes that quickly increased in size as 160 tiny EMP missiles joined the deadly cloud.
But it was the tremendous size of the blasts from Pandora's twin heavy pulse cannons that really drew the wandering eye. Two incredibly massive yellow energy beams erupted from Pandora twin beams of intense energy that struck with so much energy and force that under the weight of those two beams alone did the enemy ship seem to recoil.

And a spilt second later everything else hits the weakened spot....*

-----------------------

Summary

Pandora and her jupiter fighters attack the GUARDIAN's forward-port section with an Alpha Strike. They use:
- 2 Heavy Pulse Cannons
- 16 Photon Cannons
- 10 Plasma Pulse Devices
- 1 Medium Ion Cannon
- 32 Nova Torpedoes (8 Launchers)
- 160 EMP Missiles (8 Launchers)

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 21 Jan 2004, 16:05   #794
flapjack
crashed computer

ooc/ flapjack looks at big display of fireworks from hewitt's ship, flapjack claps, flapjack waits semi-patiently till he gets dmed/ooc

Unread 21 Jan 2004, 16:11   #795
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Inspectre is an unknown quantity at this point

/ooc Post forthcoming, but for now let's just assume that I finish the Guardian off with another round of Chrono weapons fire, going through the Guardian's near-impenetratable shields instead of boring through them like the rest of these dunderheads are trying to do. ooc/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
like you in your threads after about a week

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 21 Jan 2004, 19:36   #796
flapjack
crashed computer

ooc/ hmm, we need ELF weapons in this game, we really do. Time to set my science officer to work and blatantly rip off cyberstorm and cyberstorm 2 /ooc

Unread 21 Jan 2004, 21:59   #797
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

due to unforseen circumstances MoA thursday - take those anto eager pills now :-)

Unread 22 Jan 2004, 15:10   #798
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

too.. late.. sanity... fading... .... ...
Unread 22 Jan 2004, 15:50   #799
flapjack
crashed computer

LH, you just go and look at your PM's will you?

*flapjack waits, patience draining into a small puddle at his feet, a very large puddle by now*

Unread 22 Jan 2004, 15:54   #800
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

you're pissing your pants 'cause you.. can't.. wait? :\