User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 10 Mar 2005, 01:04   #1
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
[pc games] yes yes it is me again

Although I have asked many a time, I ask again, suggest any good and 'easily available' game from the 1998-2001 period that is fun to play and keeps you occupied for a few days. I just finished max payne.
Unread 10 Mar 2005, 01:13   #2
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [pc games] yes yes it is me again

System Shock II.
Thief II.
Planescape Torment.

If you haven't played these, play them. If you have, play them again.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2005, 01:16   #3
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

thanks, trying to 'find' and 'aquire' those now.

can you, just for me, explain what they are about a bit more?
Unread 10 Mar 2005, 01:17   #4
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

SS2 is a first person action horror RPG.
Thief II is you. Stealing things.
Torment is the best AD&D RPG ever created.
Unread 10 Mar 2005, 01:21   #5
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

and now with added info?
Unread 10 Mar 2005, 02:00   #6
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Hitman: Codename 47
Hitman 2: Silent Assain
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2005, 02:31   #7
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Thief II is you. Stealing things.

who'd have thought?!*

*obviously not retard Hans
Unread 10 Mar 2005, 03:18   #8
BeeKiller
Theh Muffin Man \o/

BeeKiller is a jewel in the roughBeeKiller is a jewel in the roughBeeKiller is a jewel in the rough

Soldier of Fortune 2!
If you like being able to discect bodies using bullets then this is for you! The multiplayer on this is also really addictive once you get used to the game. I love this game, though I'm out of practice so get owned whenever I play online nowadays.
R4: Seal left to ReCon then TRT (ReBorn)
R5-8: Don't remember exact order, but, ReBorn, Silver, Legends
R9: Didn't Play
R9.5-11: FAnG Defence Genius & later HC
R12: LCH Defence Genius
R13 and beyond: Angels Genius
BeeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2005, 04:48   #9
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

theif 2 is pure rubbish:/

STARCRAFT-BROODWARS
Unread 10 Mar 2005, 08:48   #10
Ninja_spammer
Freedom Fanatic

Ninja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud of

The first 2 GTA's are quite good if you can find them.

Hostile water : Anteaus rising is a tactical combat game ....kinda like C&C but with a small number of units with a limited number of AI's to fit in them and customisable vehicle loadouts, made by rage software, story written by some british comic writer and voiced over by tom baker

Homeworld: 3d space strategy with nice story and music .
Unread 10 Mar 2005, 09:12   #11
Summanus
Banned

Summanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really nice

Alien Crossfire!

If it's for a few days, crank it up to transcend level
Summanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2005, 10:06   #12
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

red alert 2 and the expansion: yuris revenge.
Unread 10 Mar 2005, 11:06   #13
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
theif 2 is pure rubbish:/
Thief 2 is the second best game ever made you heathen.
Unread 10 Mar 2005, 11:09   #14
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion
Although I have asked many a time, I ask again, suggest any good and 'easily available' game from the 1998-2001 period that is fun to play and keeps you occupied for a few days. I just finished max payne.
Theamion.... Please...

GO

BUY

YOURSELF

A

****ING

GRAPHICS

CARD

So you can enjoy games from a later period.
Unread 10 Mar 2005, 11:15   #15
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Does anyone know where i can obtain a copy of Planescape Torment?

I'm a big fan of basically everything by bioware/black isle and have always wnated to play this.

Is EBAY my only hope?

All is nothing, without you.
Phalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2005, 11:33   #16
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Pretty much.
Unread 10 Mar 2005, 11:48   #17
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Thief 2 is the second best game ever made you heathen.
personally i didnt play it much, but when i did i found it boring, i guess im not into stealth type games *shrugs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp
red alert 2 and the expansion: yuris revenge
ra2 is ace played it ages wont run on new pc, personally didnt like the expansion though
Unread 10 Mar 2005, 11:50   #18
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

RA2 is one of the less good strategy games I have played. Definitely lower end.
Unread 10 Mar 2005, 11:52   #19
Alki
Drink is Good

agreed, it was quite tedious online, tank rush everygame heh got boring.
starcraft on otherhand a game alot of us still play has been out for 7years? limitless tactics and there still developing patches for it cos its 1 of the major games in korea, best stratergy game i have ever played
Unread 10 Mar 2005, 11:57   #20
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

System Shock 2 was a good recommendation and a game that I'd forgotten about. The gameplay was incredibly detailed.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2005, 11:57   #21
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

No, I've never heard of starcraft. What is it, pray tell?
Unread 10 Mar 2005, 12:14   #22
Alki
Drink is Good

google? or
www.battle.net

Unread 10 Mar 2005, 14:26   #23
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Imperium Galactia 2.
Dune 2000.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2005, 14:27   #24
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Can I put in a counter-recommendation for Dune 2000.
Unread 10 Mar 2005, 14:29   #25
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Each to there own

I do prefer Dune Emporer though. (can't spell emporer)

Unread 10 Mar 2005, 14:38   #26
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Dune: Emperor was better than Dune 2000. Then again, a dose of aids was better than Dune 2000.
Unread 10 Mar 2005, 14:44   #27
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah02
Each to there own
It's as if someone took Red Alert, made it bad, put Dune images all over it then released it.

OH WAIT.
Unread 10 Mar 2005, 16:21   #28
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

jagged alliance 2!

best round-based strategy game ever.

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2005, 16:24   #29
CrazySpoon
Pimpin Spoon

CrazySpoon is on a distinguished road

Just buy a hacked X-box and download all you want

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desse
<Desse> go away
<Desse> you are retired
CrazySpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2005, 16:26   #30
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
It's as if someone took Red Alert, made it bad, put Dune images all over it then released it.

OH WAIT.
Yes but I like c and c and dune series since dune 2 on the amiga so I am biased

p.s dune 2000 being my worst

Unread 10 Mar 2005, 16:27   #31
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Yes but I like c and c and dune series since dune 2 on the amiga so I am biased
I liked Dune II. Loved, in fact. C&C? Yep. Red Alert, darn tootin.

Dune 2000, on the other hand, was a substandard knock off game that wasn't even made by westwood, and most people recognised this when it was released.
Unread 10 Mar 2005, 16:32   #32
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I would say gta all the way, they were fun.
Unread 10 Mar 2005, 16:48   #33
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
I liked Dune II. Loved, in fact. C&C? Yep. Red Alert, darn tootin.

Dune 2000, on the other hand, was a substandard knock off game that wasn't even made by westwood, and most people recognised this when it was released.
Its not westwood?
Damn I didnt notice that no wonder its not the best in the series.

Busy with ordos on dune emporer at the moment

p.s what you think of c and c generals? I thought it was a bit tonk.

Unread 10 Mar 2005, 16:50   #34
Ninja_spammer
Freedom Fanatic

Ninja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud of

http://www.the-underdogs.org/

That should help satisfy your hunger.
Unread 10 Mar 2005, 17:15   #35
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Generals was EA trying to make Starcraft with tanks, and failing.

Frankly, the only C&C game worth playing is RA1.
Unread 10 Mar 2005, 17:18   #36
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:

Frankly, the only C&C game worth playing is RA1.

Played that on playstation 1 forever and a day
taught my then 5 year old brother how to play it to and use to hook my playstation up to other ppls playstation and kick everyones ass coz i built 2 more tanks then they did hehe mass attacks on skirmish was cool.

Shake it baby.

Unread 10 Mar 2005, 17:20   #37
noah02
The Original Terran

as for starcraft i have had that for years now and still aint played it for more than 5 minutes

Unread 10 Mar 2005, 17:37   #38
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
as for starcraft i have had that for years now and still aint played it for more than 5 minutes
That's not a good thing.
Unread 11 Mar 2005, 16:07   #39
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

playing planescape torment now.

fun!