User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 2 Feb 2005, 17:38   #1
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
So... what should i read next?

ive just finished reading almost all of evelyn waugh's novels, i still have decline and fall to go, and enjoyed them greatly. Although i'd say the loved one was my favourite, and the funniest.

anyway, which other authors can people reccomend. Especially in the field of old rather than contemporary literature, as that is all my uni library is likely to have. I think im going to continue reading as much as i have been, its 'pure escapism' in a wonderfully mobile and costless form. So... suggestions? All you clever people should be able to come up with SOMETHING.

P.S not sci fi, im sick of sci fi, or fantasy for that matter.
Unread 2 Feb 2005, 17:41   #2
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: So... what should i read next?

The Tao of Pooh.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2005, 17:43   #3
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm going to recommend 'The Forever War', even though it's Science Fiction.

Laurence Sterne's "The Life and Opinions of Tristram Shandy, Gentleman" is what you should read though. Or "At The Mountains of Madness" by HP Lovecraft. Or one of Poe's novels.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2005, 18:06   #4
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I read "The House of Sand and Fog" recently, that was pretty good. I can't remember the author though, sorry.
Unread 2 Feb 2005, 18:18   #5
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The First Circle
Unread 2 Feb 2005, 18:22   #6
Flayer
Wankoverable

Flayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of light

not exactly old, but I recently read The unbearable lightness of existence by Milan Kundera and I enjoyed it very much
Unread 2 Feb 2005, 18:23   #7
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

Lessing - Nathan the wise

i quite enjoyed it.

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2005, 18:43   #8
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Lessons in the Fundamentals of Go, Kageyama.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2005, 19:03   #9
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
ive just finished reading almost all of evelyn waugh's novels, i still have decline and fall to go, and enjoyed them greatly. Although i'd say the loved one was my favourite, and the funniest.

anyway, which other authors can people reccomend. Especially in the field of old rather than contemporary literature, as that is all my uni library is likely to have. I think im going to continue reading as much as i have been, its 'pure escapism' in a wonderfully mobile and costless form. So... suggestions? All you clever people should be able to come up with SOMETHING.

P.S not sci fi, im sick of sci fi, or fantasy for that matter.

You should not be wasting time reading books at your age. Burn the books and play video games instead. Good books will come out on film soon enough.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2005, 19:11   #10
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

English Grammar - A Beginner's Guide.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2005, 19:12   #11
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

I just hope you aren't being serious there.

(for crash)
Unread 2 Feb 2005, 19:15   #12
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

plz, no attention for crash this might bring him not to post here anymore.

besides if you like crime go for Hercule Poirot (agatha christie)

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2005, 19:40   #13
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin
besides if you like crime go for Hercule Poirot (agatha christie)
Agatha Christie is ace
Unread 2 Feb 2005, 20:23   #14
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

-i know you said no sci fi or fantasy but-

orson scott card - all of ender's and bean's, will remind you a lot of PA - start with "ender's game" so the rest will make sense.. and read all of ender's first so it will be easy for you to read "ender's shadow" and the rest of bean's

ender's american and bean's greek although grew up in rotterdam.. i suppose you guys will like bean better because he's european , but thats another topic.. anyway, i highly recommend these books

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2005, 20:24   #15
ceres

ceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud of

Permutation City - Greg Egan, not your run of the mill sci-fi novel.
________
Web shows

Last edited by ceres; 31 Aug 2011 at 06:46.
ceres is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2005, 20:37   #16
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

how do i put this...

WODEHOUSE WODEHOUSE WODEHOUSE WODEHOUSE

then some nancy mitford and some Simon Raven
Unread 3 Feb 2005, 09:54   #17
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

im actually probably going to go with wodehouse, i forgot about him recently but have heard lots of very good things. Also, yahwe was right before.

and as for you people still suggesting scifi/fantasy, please stop polluting my thread.

although i suppose all you geeks will now neg rep me.

P.S im not pretending im not a geek also.
Unread 3 Feb 2005, 09:59   #18
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Clausewitch.

Failing that: get a translation of Phileine Zegt Sorry (google it)

or 'Charlotte Simmons', forgot the author

Anything by Jerry Pournelle, especially his Future History series AS I REALLY WANT TO HAVE THAT
Unread 3 Feb 2005, 10:11   #19
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Dickens - David Copperfield
Tolstoy - War and Peace

They are so good, really.
Unread 3 Feb 2005, 10:35   #20
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I used to read lots of PG Wodehouse when I was younger. It was pretty good.
Unread 3 Feb 2005, 10:39   #21
JonnyBGood
Banned

Whatever you do don't read Dostoevsky unless you're attempting to find irrefutable justification for the idea that literature really can count as a crime against humanity.
Unread 3 Feb 2005, 10:48   #22
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
I just hope you aren't being serious there.

(for crash)

I am. Im not a fan of books.
Unread 3 Feb 2005, 11:32   #23
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
and as for you people still suggesting scifi/fantasy, please stop polluting my thread.
I only suggest "Sci Fi Masterworks", and The Forever War is #1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Whatever you do don't read Dostoevsky unless you're attempting to find irrefutable justification for the idea that literature really can count as a crime against humanity.
Fyodor and I get on very well.
Unread 3 Feb 2005, 12:25   #24
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of

It seems this novel on jesus is very popular
Unread 3 Feb 2005, 12:27   #25
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrasyn
It seems this novel on jesus is very popular
The Da Vinci Code?
Unread 3 Feb 2005, 12:28   #26
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
The Da Vinci Code?
You obiously did not read that.
Unread 3 Feb 2005, 12:35   #27
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrasyn
You obiously did not read that.
I know it's not about Jesus, but I couldn't think of one that was other than the obvious. Speed is important in punning you know.
Unread 3 Feb 2005, 12:36   #28
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
I know it's not about Jesus, but I couldn't think of one that was other than the obvious. Speed is important in punning you know.
I´ll tell that to my amfetamin dealer
Unread 3 Feb 2005, 13:08   #29
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Mage
Catch - 22 by Joseph Heller
For Whom The Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingway
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
The Wind-Up Bird Chronicles by Haruki Murakami
One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
The Catcher in the Rye by J.D Salinger
Indecent Exposure/Riotous Assembley by Tom Sharpe
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
The Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad
Grapes of Wrath/Of Mice and Men by John Steinback
The Lord of the Flies by William Golding
MIss Lonelyhearts by Nathanael West
Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie

It's a bit of a skewed list but these are all books I like.
ill check out a few of them, ive already read 7 of them, but im sure the others are worth a look. And im sure its some kind of crime against my understanding of popular literature that ive been alive 20 years and havent actually read 'catcher in the rye'. Im not certain if ill enjoy it or not, but everyone else has read it and im feeling terribly left out.
Unread 3 Feb 2005, 13:22   #30
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

catch - 22
HHGTTG
the two tom sharpe ones, although i cant remember much about them
heart of darkness
of mice and men
lord of the flies.

those last 3 i had to read when i was at school though i remember lord of the flies being the most fun out of them

as for the others, id say C-22 was my favourite by far, that book is simply a masterpiece, then HHGTTG, then it all kind of merges into a big fog of mediocrity.
Unread 3 Feb 2005, 14:42   #31
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Lord of the Flies is a terrible book.

DISCONNECTION BETWEEN STATEMENTS.

Try reading The Sirens of Titan, by Kurt Vonnegurt.
Unread 3 Feb 2005, 15:00   #32
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of
Arrow Re: So... what should i read next?

I'm reading Jeffrey Eugenides - Middlesex atm. It's about brother and sister, and well...

I wouldn't say it's my favourite book, but it's at least not science fiction. And "easy to read" you know.
Unread 3 Feb 2005, 15:38   #33
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Mage
For Whom The Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingway
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Grapes of Wrath by John Steinback
Great books, good list. After thinking a little more:

'The Spy who came in from the Cold' - John le Carre.
'Emma' - Jane Austen

and..

'Jimmy goes to the Circus' - Enid Blyton

Last edited by Boogster; 3 Feb 2005 at 15:44. Reason: I don't like C-22
Boogster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2005, 15:44   #34
Boogster
I dunno...

I strongly disagree.
Unread 3 Feb 2005, 16:32   #35
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
Emma sucks.

She used to, then she dumped me
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2005, 17:11   #36
CrashTester
I am an idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
There's a surprise.

You think you are smarter than me because you read books?
Unread 3 Feb 2005, 17:22   #37
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
. And im sure its some kind of crime against my understanding of popular literature that ive been alive 20 years and havent actually read 'catcher in the rye'.
You're not missing muchl.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2005, 17:26   #38
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: So... what should i read next?

Read some history books and some Trollope, if you can manage that.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2005, 18:20   #39
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogster
Dickens - David Copperfield
Tolstoy - War and Peace

They are so good, really.
Ahhh! dickens!

Dickens - Oliver Twist, Great Expectations, A Christmas Carol
also:
King - It, Hearts in Atlantis, Needful Things, Carrie

also highly recommended is Mario Puzo's the Godfather, kick ASS!!!

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote