User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 22 Jul 2005, 14:22   #1
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Sp/dif

I have one of these on the back of my soundcard. It looks like a standard coaxial cable out. Not an optical output.

On my dvd home cinema system i have an 'optical input'. Im wondering if theres a way of getting the digital sound from my round spdif to the optical input on the cinema system.

any info would be most appreciated.

ta
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2005, 15:32   #2
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sp/dif

Optical TOS-LINK & Coaxial Sp/dif are exactly the same format but obviously one uses light pulses and the other electrical pulses. There do exist converters that will take the input from one format and convert to the other, I have such a box myself, however to generate the light pulses it requires an external power adapter, you can not simply get a cable that does the conversion.

I bought the box from WES which are a electrical components distributer, so I imagine any electronics stores you have over there might have something simular. Infact I found the exact same unit I have at the following stores:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...29291&doy=24m7
http://www.tvcables.co.uk/cgi-bin/tv...CONVERTER.html
http://www.beststuff.co.uk/foc820.htm
http://www.turnkey.co.uk/tkweb/stock...O2&context=WEB (not the same as mine but essentially the same thing)
djbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2005, 23:43   #3
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Sp/dif

ta vmuch. i may well go purchase one now !
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote