User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions > Departing PA Messages

Unread 13 Jan 2015, 18:34   #1
DigitalZero
Round 1er

DigitalZero will become famous soon enoughDigitalZero will become famous soon enough
Finally out.

I am not sure if this thread will ring true or not in a few rounds but it is for me now. Planetarion round 60 will be the round I retire in. I have had hiatuses and such before and came back from real life after the breaks to only find the game remaining in its stale state and it is now down to 700 players.

Allow me to gripe for a minute then I will get on to my dues. This game was awesome, and still is really great. I joined when I was 13/14 and am now 31. The best rounds of PA were pre-PAX. Don't get me wrong, a lot of things PA team has done from then til now were to keep the game alive, but being handed off to 5 different owners all promising big changes for PA that never came to light, now I am not sure who owns us but we are pretty much running on the string of a thread. We have 700 planets this round, still no one signing up to play new, no advertising, no publicity, no developments, nothing but a power button on a server that gets hit every 3 months. I came back after not playing for a year or so to the same exact ordeal. I am reading threads from 2010 regarding the state of PA and still nothing has changed. Nothing will change. Its the same alliances shuffling members around winning every round, and if they don't play properly, thats when CT, or ND, or Rock will win. If it does change, then this thread is pointless and I will play PA again. Or if and when PA announces it is the last round ever, I would probably play that one too. I just feel right now we are stuck in an infinite loop.

Anyways, I want to thank everyone I played with over the course of roughly 15 years especially NewDawn and those that helped me lead it. I will still be a part of NewDawn HC and on IRC but I will not be playing PA, I am bridging our alliance over to another (I wont mention whose space game it is!) game. I would hate to see PA say its finally time to pull the plug and then all my alliance mates and family that I have grown to love over the last 15 years homeless without space strategy! :P

Anywho, thank you all for the great memories, countless sms's, all you people bugging the hell out of me. It has been great. Onto better things I hope!

Round 1 - 6: NewDawn
- 3,4,5 - ND HC
Round 7: NeMeSiS
Round 8,9: ND..then retired
Round 12: return to PA. NewDawn
Round 13 - Present: NewDawn, 35+ HC.

PA-Radio!!!
DigitalZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2015, 20:39   #2
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Finally out.

FWIW we are having a couple of internal discussions about what we can do.

Best of luck though

It's interesting - I've seen some people drift to ... other online space games, but some of them come back and say they prefer this. :P

will see; try before you buy, etc.
Unread 13 Jan 2015, 20:45   #3
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

/me tunes in to Queen - Another one bites the dust

Good Luck

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2015, 20:46   #4
DigitalZero
Round 1er

DigitalZero will become famous soon enoughDigitalZero will become famous soon enough

Appoco, nothing against you nor your team, you guys were never given the time of day to make PA into something it should of been years ago. Plus I have heard the whole:

"There are talks about improvements"

Thing since Jolt bought the game. I hope you guys are able to make PA flourish in the future and I would come back to see that happen. Thank you though for the well wishes.

Round 1 - 6: NewDawn
- 3,4,5 - ND HC
Round 7: NeMeSiS
Round 8,9: ND..then retired
Round 12: return to PA. NewDawn
Round 13 - Present: NewDawn, 35+ HC.

PA-Radio!!!
DigitalZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2015, 01:51   #5
Walldo
Stealth & Shadows

Walldo is on a distinguished road

I am gonna miss you in PA, TY all what you have ment and done in and for ND.

I see you in that other game.

Playing since RND1 and counting

Proud to have been

Newdawn

Wolfpack - WPO - OoO - Kralizec Stealth & Shadows - []LCH[] - [1up] - VisioN - TFD
Ultores - Conspiracy Theory - Concordium - WaC - Blue Tuba - Fury - Thieves & Pirates - OUZO -Vengeance - Elysium - Mistu - LOST - 4S - GoCi - FAnG - Novus Ordo Seclorum - Xanadu - BULL - VGN -xVx
Walldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2015, 16:37   #6
Bazza[RB]

Bazza[RB] has a spectacular aura aboutBazza[RB] has a spectacular aura aboutBazza[RB] has a spectacular aura about

Always sad to see old pa players 'retire' - I will keep playing till the bitter end though. Not so much because of the gameplay, it's the PA Community that keeps me going - there really is no other like it and I've met many friends through pa worldwide. Long live irc (you know where you can stuff whatsapp )

Played every round since r2. RB/Fury/Eclipse/Kralizec/MISTU/Angels/Urwins/Jenova/VisioN/audentes/xVx/Osiris/apprime/FaNG/Ultores/p3n/Mercenaries/ZT/ND
Bazza[RB] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2015, 23:59   #7
Carrington

Carrington is on a distinguished road

always a great leader
always b a great guy
did u actually retire??

i wont read any replies so see u on IRC, DZ
Unread 19 Sep 2015, 15:15   #8
Adapt
Leader Of The Gang

Adapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really nice

bye DZ
Round 81 - Ultores - Rank 73rd.
Round 83 - Ultores - Rank 16th.
Round 91 - Lucky7 - Rank 50th.
Round 92 - Lucky7 - Rank 39th.
Adapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2015, 00:24   #9
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough

So I came here to ask for the current state of the game and now I see this.

Is there ever going to be any real development on this game? I am playing "the other" game and yes, I miss some of the elements from this game.

There has been talks about Facebook integration, mobile integration, UI overhaul, general polishing to attract those "look at those boobs" playerbase (always good farms) and so on...

But nothing happened so far.

I'm a little disappointed to see this stagnation after the "takeover" (I know it was a license deal) from an active player. I was hoping we'd finally get the dedication and improvements this game badly needs...

And...

Relation Change Ascendancy and the Horde are now at war with each other.
Korsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2015, 09:31   #10
Urgamanix

Urgamanix is on a distinguished road

I specialize in revamping and redeveloping old games or game mods that have fallen by the wayside. I'm currently working on revamping a game mode for Unreal Tournament, which is proving to be successful.

I was half-tempted to try to obtain ownership of Planetarion and add everything required to at least put the game into a place where it can potentially bring in new blood (without alienating the current player base). However, I wouldn't even begin the project without first owning the game and secondary at least ensuring I can break-even on any investment.

Having said that, I can guarantee you that when I say I will do something, I do it successfully, quick and with passion; I can also ensure everyone I have an appropriate resume to back up these words. Who knows, maybe in the future this option will become available and I can get to work!
Urgamanix is offline   Reply With Quote