User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 14 Jul 2013, 20:22   #1
nelito

nelito is a jewel in the roughnelito is a jewel in the roughnelito is a jewel in the roughnelito is a jewel in the rough
round so far in the eye of a member of rock hc

well we started as immortals managed to get 26 awesome members ,

tho i thought we had small amount of players so i offered cardi a merge he refused it as he wasnt going to play a serious round , than i offered oddr a merge ,rexty had the balls to refuse saying we can play under the oddr tag but theyre were 13 players so we refused (weirdly he tagged with vikings ,while he coulda hc a 36 man tag)

the merge with rock happened after talking with theodd

we started the round slowly gal raiding having many new members we didnt want to get involved in any war until vikings decided to roid our top planet

so we warred them wish ended in an unmatched war having xvx faceless and vikings warring us also knowen as the de bloque

as far for the ultores alliance we decided to join them as it sucks seing 5 even 6 alliance bloquing vs them daily so we decided to help them along innuendo

to be fair we never intended to war newdawn and truth be said they even helped us at some points but for balancing the bloques and making this round even more exiting till the last ticks we joined ultores as if we teamed with newdawn and other they woulda have won the round by far

last thing many thanks for HUT blacce swiss duke hatlon cyzzy guard jason and there mob alterac yel0o hardzen Sickboy direwolf Zumpo baasb domantas AKA MEXICANT made1 and all the other players u made my round )
nelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2013, 21:47   #2
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: round so far in the eye of a member of rock hc

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelito View Post
w

as far for the ultores alliance we decided to join them as it sucks seing 5 even 6 alliance bloquing vs them daily so we decided to help them along innuendo

to be fair we never intended to war newdawn and truth be said they even helped us at some points but for balancing the bloques and making this round even more exiting till the last ticks we joined ultores as if we teamed with newdawn and other they woulda have won the round by far
I was going to stay off of this forum for the best part but there were so many inaccuracies in this post it was scary, so here goes....

You didn't decide to join the ult block, because there was no such block and to suggest otherwise is just going to make you look silly.

It was ND v Ult for the most part, ct/spore for instance made it clear they were not in it to kingmake anyone, but to keep the round open (something I feel we achieved I guess). So there was some targetting of ult but most days we did our own thing.
On the days there was no targetting of Ult, ct got payback on Inn who had been roiding them. Spore were aware that rock and co were hitting ct back, for Inn, but didn't want to break a nap by backing up ct. However, when Inn decided to end the nap without discussions with Spore, that freed up spore to hit inn.
This came to a natural end, spore were just gal raiding.

Then, Ult/Rock/Inn started hitting ND, so again CT/Spore joined in to keep it fair. I believe HR also joined on some nights, not sure which ones.

So, at the most, there were 4 alliances hitting Ult in retal for Ult/rock/inn hitting ND. It is frankly lame.

Rock have made it quite clear to me they intend to back up Ult till round end, leaving spore no option but to stay with ND to keep it even.

So now, we have:

Ult/Inn/Rock(Fang) v ND/CT/Spore/HR

Fang are 'gal raiding' but always seem to hit ND's friends.

Vikings/xvx/faceless are gal raiding, refusing to join either block. They have played a good round, hitting who they want with no-one able to hit them back for fear of them joining the 'other block'.

And as for me, well I spend most nights reading the prediction thread and giggling to myself about how hostile people were about my predictions, telling me how stupid I am and how I am so wrong, whilst looking at kia ranks that show I am pretty much correct

I need a life tbh
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2013, 22:15   #3
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Basicly, it sounds to me like a veeeery boring round when you sum it up like this.
It was quite clear if Spore were to be able to compete for round win this round they had to go top open war with Ultores quite quick, seeing ND would prolly manage in some strange way to throw a win away in the end anyway.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2013, 23:25   #4
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
we started the round slowly gal raiding having many new members we didnt want to get involved in any war until vikings decided to roid our top planet

so we warred them wish ended in an unmatched war having xvx faceless and vikings warring us also knowen as the de bloque
Basically, if we're going to apply your logic, anyone hitting ROCK's top planet, you war. What sort of retarded logic is this? You retaliated by hitting 2 Vikings forts, just for roiding your almighty Plaguu.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2013, 01:15   #5
Nightwolf

Nightwolf has a spectacular aura aboutNightwolf has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest View Post
I was going to stay off of this forum for the best part but there were so many inaccuracies in this post it was scary, so here goes....

You didn't decide to join the ult block, because there was no such block and to suggest otherwise is just going to make you look silly.

It was ND v Ult for the most part, ct/spore for instance made it clear they were not in it to kingmake anyone, but to keep the round open (something I feel we achieved I guess). So there was some targetting of ult but most days we did our own thing.
On the days there was no targetting of Ult, ct got payback on Inn who had been roiding them. Spore were aware that rock and co were hitting ct back, for Inn, but didn't want to break a nap by backing up ct. However, when Inn decided to end the nap without discussions with Spore, that freed up spore to hit inn.
This came to a natural end, spore were just gal raiding.

Then, Ult/Rock/Inn started hitting ND, so again CT/Spore joined in to keep it fair. I believe HR also joined on some nights, not sure which ones.

So, at the most, there were 4 alliances hitting Ult in retal for Ult/rock/inn hitting ND. It is frankly lame.

Rock have made it quite clear to me they intend to back up Ult till round end, leaving spore no option but to stay with ND to keep it even.

So now, we have:

Ult/Inn/Rock(Fang) v ND/CT/Spore/HR

Fang are 'gal raiding' but always seem to hit ND's friends.

Vikings/xvx/faceless are gal raiding, refusing to join either block. They have played a good round, hitting who they want with no-one able to hit them back for fear of them joining the 'other block'.

And as for me, well I spend most nights reading the prediction thread and giggling to myself about how hostile people were about my predictions, telling me how stupid I am and how I am so wrong, whilst looking at kia ranks that show I am pretty much correct

I need a life tbh
You start your post by saying 'there were so many inaccuracies in this post it was scary, so here goes....', then you go on to do exactly the same. Bravo.

It was never just Ult vs ND as everybody knows who would win that fight. (I'm quite certain the end of the round statistics will reveal a sick amount of incomings on Ultores to prove my point).

From Innuendo's point of view: we didn't start out helping Ultores full force, but we did raid ND and CT heavy galaxies. CT responded with p-targeting together with ND. ND backed off after a day, so we decided to p-target CT back. We were winning the 'war', but after talking to CT it became obvious that they didn't care and weren't going to stop anytime soon. They continued to p-target Innuendo combined with targeting from mainly Spore, some ND and randoms. This pretty much put us in the position where we are now. After all you can't beat an opponent that doesn't give a damn (kudos to CT). Now we will just continue to hit ND till the end of the round since 'their block' gave us a disproportionate amount of incomings. We might aswell make them lose...

Spore targeted Ultores (Ultores fortresses) for the major part of the round Forest. I don't know why you would say otherwise. So did CT for that matter when they weren't targeting Innuendo.

We did break the NaP without talking to anyone in Spore, that is correct. We only took the NaP to help Spore out though when you got completely bashed in the beginning of the round. After that period had passed we at Innuendo saw no reason to continue the NaP since it wasn't like we were working together or anything... Still a cheap shot to p-target us the night after though, as we still haven't launched more than 3 fleets on you after we have broken the NaP.

Vikings and co. definitely were in the best spot this round. I will agree with you on that.
Nightwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2013, 01:16   #6
Nightwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Basicly, it sounds to me like a veeeery boring round when you sum it up like this.
It was quite clear if Spore were to be able to compete for round win this round they had to go top open war with Ultores quite quick, seeing ND would prolly manage in some strange way to throw a win away in the end anyway.
Every round is like this and has been since the beginning of the game.
Unread 15 Jul 2013, 01:40   #7
budious
Egoistic Warmonger

budious has a spectacular aura aboutbudious has a spectacular aura about

I like rock, you have some awesome idlers to pod bash, and you don't defend well. I'd rate you 5 out of 5 roids as targets for a one-man roiding crew.
budious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2013, 04:22   #8
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Personally, I would've concentrated on building up my core and had a neutral round, but Spore decided to go for the round win, and considering Spore is a newly formed alliance this round, kudos to them for going after Ultores (a renowned top alliance) from quite early on.
Unread 15 Jul 2013, 19:50   #9
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
Personally, I would've concentrated on building up my core and had a neutral round, but Spore decided to go for the round win, and considering Spore is a newly formed alliance this round, kudos to them for going after Ultores (a renowned top alliance) from quite early on.
Im pretty sure Spore has been concentrated on building up their core.
Somehow there is a belief among some people that good cores can only be built if you have an easy round.
Indeed there were a lot of "mistakes" made by the Spore HQ early on, wich meant Spore wernt prepared good enough for a war against the alliance we viewed as the greatest opponent to win the round, but Spore allready had afaik nights with 100 incs daily pretty much from pt48-200.
Ofc attacking a stronger alliance will mean you will cap less roids than if you just kept on gal raiding the weaker gals in the univers wich most allies tends to do for 1k ticks these days, and when targetting Ult, naturaly our members would loose motivation pretty quicker than if we had went for some easier targets or targets having less naps/gal def.
A good thing about this is that Spore wont need to clean up the memberlist, it cleaned itself up pretty quick, the quitters quit, and wont come back, and the fighters will hopefully keep going with us if Spore continues in PA.

Unread 15 Jul 2013, 19:52   #10
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Spore will continue.
Unread 15 Jul 2013, 20:26   #11
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Somehow there is a belief among some people that good cores can only be built if you have an easy round.
I've noticed many people actually use it as an excuse. It's bullshit. "Core building" has nothing to do with attempting to perform well.

Quote:
Spore allready had afaik nights with 100 incs daily pretty much from pt48-200.
I'm sure you had a few days with 100+ incs. You did not have 100 incs on a daily basis. In the first week, I spot two days during which you had a significant incs. Three if I try really, really hard.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2013, 20:37   #12
Forest

To clarify, from tick 36 to tick 200 spore had 120+ fleets on us per night.

And yes, we made a lot of mistakes.

That won't happen again.

(and jagex, if you are reading this, im going public with stuff tomorrow night if you haven't made your announcement)
Unread 15 Jul 2013, 22:36   #13
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

you make it sound like 120 incs is a lot =\
Unread 15 Jul 2013, 22:44   #14
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:

That won't happen again.

(and jagex, if you are reading this, im going public with stuff tomorrow night if you haven't made your announcement)
Oh I look forward to the end of round stats just to see how much bullshit this is.

Unless your def was absolutely epic from 36-150 odd (which it wasnt) , you didnt get anywhere near these incs.
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2013, 22:46   #15
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:

That won't happen again.
At the end of the round we'll do the alliance stats (previous rounds) to help to clarify the relative incomings of alliances.
Unread 15 Jul 2013, 22:56   #16
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
Actually, the decision to hit Ult wasn't decided purely on the basis of going for the round win. We of course hoped that would be the eventual outcome, however the driving factor was that Ult were running away with the round at that point, they had played a politically brilliant game. Unfortunately, we could find nobody else who was willing to hit Ult at that point, every other alliance wanted (for whatever reason) to continue gal raiding or continue a private war with A N Other. At this point we had no immediate backup available (although CT had said that whilst they weren't joining in from the start, they would step in and help if we ran into serious trouble) and it was a massively uneven fight by that point due to Ult having a large value lead over us, so attacking them actually looked remarkably like suicide rather than an attempt at winning (as was the position amongst some of the HC team and I am sure there are many in the community who would say that proved to be the case).

Despite this, we felt that it needed to be done and as nobody else was ready to step up to the mark, we had to just hit them on our own without support. You could argue that we did this for the good of the round, or as an attempt to win, but the truth of the matter is that we saw only 2 choices at that point:

1. Capitulate and accept Ult winning the round unchallenged.
2. Go in alone and pick a fight that we probably wouldn't win.

For us, #1 is no choice at all, we're either going to win or go down fighting, we're not going to tight-rope walk along a fence to try and find the easiest route to a "respectable ranking" out of a fear of losing, that's too negative a mindset; second place is just the first loser. We'd rather go down fighting for the chance of victory with a positive mindset based on hope and ambition. That's a respectable way of fighting and keeping our values intact is far better than the superficiality of losing by less than someone else. Far better to have tried and failed than failed to try!
Unread 15 Jul 2013, 23:05   #17
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster View Post
At the end of the round we'll do the alliance stats (previous rounds) to help to clarify the relative incomings of alliances.
Any chance it can be divided up into blocks of 200 ticks?
Unread 15 Jul 2013, 23:14   #18
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwolf View Post
Still a cheap shot to p-target us the night after though, as we still haven't launched more than 3 fleets on you after we have broken the NaP.
You're misinterpreting what happened. If you read my previous post, you will see that I mention CT committing to help us should we get into major trouble with Ult. CT was the first alliance to help us out (we were in trouble fairly quickly and I think CT recognised that actually, what we were doing did need to be done) and they consistently backed us up from that point. Consequently, when they p-targetted Inn due to their high incoming, as you had just ended the NAP (and let's be honest, a quick PM to explain what you're doing is not a lot to ask for and is common courtesy) we joined them to help them out. Had the NAP been in place, we would have honoured it (and we had felt for several weeks at that point that it was doing us more harm than good as your members were defending Ult in-gal a lot) as we recognised the spirit in which it had been created.

Ultimately, the ending of the NAP was just bad timing on your part and coincidental to the incoming. All it did was provide us with the ability to help the alliance that had been the first to stand beside us in our hour of need. There was no way we could not honour that debt when we were in a position to do so.
Unread 15 Jul 2013, 23:20   #19
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
I'm sure you had a few days with 100+ incs. You did not have 100 incs on a daily basis. In the first week, I spot two days during which you had a significant incs. Three if I try really, really hard.
Our incoming was pretty consistent at the start. The last couple of weeks (maybe more) we have generally had very little incoming (we've got no roids ). I didn't go counting the fleets every night, but 100+incs every night for the first couple of weeks would seem a pretty good ballpark based on what I was seeing. It's the highest incs per-member per-night that I have ever seen, there is no doubt about that. We didn't want to have any NAPs early on, but the sheer volume of incs we were getting forced us into them simply to reduce incoming to a level that wasn't overwhelming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benneh View Post
Unless your def was absolutely epic from 36-150 odd (which it wasnt) , you didnt get anywhere near these incs.
Our def was utterly non-existent, but our attacking was very good then.
Unread 15 Jul 2013, 23:45   #20
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Any chance it can be divided up into blocks of 200 ticks?
Even if you did this, it wouldnt realy show the true number, atleast 20 people that were apart of Spore at this time would not be counting in the "total allie inc", cus they were either kicked or they left.

Unread 15 Jul 2013, 23:54   #21
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benneh View Post
Oh I look forward to the end of round stats just to see how much bullshit this is.

The amount of inc we had was high, this is no bullshit, saying we had 100 fleets average or 90 fleets average in some period wouldnt realy sum it up how badly Spore failed at keeping roids.
The ship strat meant that we could cap roids pretty easy, and the build strat given out by the HCs meant we were sitting ducks even if our def was running properly, wich it wasnt.
Looking at my own planet i had over 30% of my total incs this round the first 180 ticks, wich would average 1,5 fleet each night, so it could add up to 100 incs average incs each night if everyone else had about the same amout of incs that i had. Im pretty sure the ETD planets mustve had it worse, seeing we were 50% ETD, it would mean a lot of CO/FR/DE incs.
Not that this is an excuse for anything, just trying to clarify how the situation was back then at Spore.

Unread 16 Jul 2013, 00:22   #22
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar View Post
Actually, the decision to hit Ult wasn't decided purely on the basis of going for the round win. We of course hoped that would be the eventual outcome, however the driving factor was that Ult were running away with the round at that point, they had played a politically brilliant game.
You can hardly say ult were running away with it as they didn't take #1 till after tick 300, yet you were at war with them before that. nor were you unaided in your attempt. If anything the fact that NewDawn have been yoyo'ing between #1 and #2 all round, using your logic of course, would have made you hit them, but instead you worked with them.
Unread 16 Jul 2013, 00:38   #23
oil

oil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
You can hardly say ult were running away with it as they didn't take #1 till after tick 300, yet you were at war with them before that. nor were you unaided in your attempt. If anything the fact that NewDawn have been yoyo'ing between #1 and #2 all round, using your logic of course, would have made you hit them, but instead you worked with them.
This would be reasonable if the person looking at the alliance rankings had no idea about the history of the game and those two alliances. Ult deciding to play with a full tag (and their main competition deciding not to) is pretty much all you'd need to know to make a good guess at who's going to win.

kudos to spore for having balls and kudos to nd for an impressive performance this round. fang and vikings kind of bitched out.
oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2013, 01:09   #24
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
As oil said, the universe rankings are only part of the story. The historical piece he mentions wasn't the main force behind our assessment of them running away with the round though. They had very suddenly and very rapidly shot up the rankings and their growth was something approaching exponential over a period of a few days. Yes, they were #2, but when you factored in their growth rate, they would have been a mile ahead within a week.

In addition, we did hit them alone for the first few days (3 nights over a weekend if I remember correctly), I know because I was speaking to everybody I could get to listen to try and change it, but all other alliances were politely declining. Of course Ult will have had other incs as nearly every other alliance was gal-raiding, but we were the only ones actively targeting them (and specifically hitting their big forts).

Now please do me a favour, if you choose to reply to this disagreeing again, at least provide some justification for your disagreements, simple contrary statements such as "nor were you unaided in your attempt" do absolutely nothing to add to a discussion, it belongs in a pantomime rather than a grown up discussion. (Oh no it doesn't! Oh yes it does! Oh no it doesn't! Oh yes it does!....... boring).
Unread 16 Jul 2013, 02:54   #25
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

Imo Spore could have done better in defense, we didnt even use the full potential of our ship strat. But I dont think war with Ultores could be avoided, maybe if Spore hid its etd part out of tag in the beginning it wouldnt be so exposed in the top spot and could have done better even with so many newbies.
Unread 16 Jul 2013, 04:26   #26
Blue_Esper

i dunno like, you make it sound like the only incs ult got was from spore. when ult has as many forts as it does, a "gal raid" is much the same as what spore were doing
Unread 16 Jul 2013, 04:52   #27
Forest

Quote:
Even if you did this, it wouldnt realy show the true number, atleast 20 people that were apart of Spore at this time would not be counting in the "total allie inc", cus they were either kicked or they left.
Umm, surely its all incoming on spore? So if a member leaves halfway through, it still shows as Spore incoming?
Unread 16 Jul 2013, 11:16   #28
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Umm, surely its all incoming on spore? So if a member leaves halfway through, it still shows as Spore incoming?
Im pretty sure it dosnt, maybe appoc can tell us diffrent

Unread 16 Jul 2013, 11:18   #29
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Im pretty sure it dosnt, maybe appoc can tell us diffrent
It doesn't; when we do an end of round snapshot, it only uses the current alliances (as we don't track the alliance of the source/target planets on launch).
Unread 16 Jul 2013, 18:05   #30
Nightwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar View Post
You're misinterpreting what happened. If you read my previous post, you will see that I mention CT committing to help us should we get into major trouble with Ult. CT was the first alliance to help us out (we were in trouble fairly quickly and I think CT recognised that actually, what we were doing did need to be done) and they consistently backed us up from that point. Consequently, when they p-targetted Inn due to their high incoming, as you had just ended the NAP (and let's be honest, a quick PM to explain what you're doing is not a lot to ask for and is common courtesy) we joined them to help them out. Had the NAP been in place, we would have honoured it (and we had felt for several weeks at that point that it was doing us more harm than good as your members were defending Ult in-gal a lot) as we recognised the spirit in which it had been created.

Ultimately, the ending of the NAP was just bad timing on your part and coincidental to the incoming. All it did was provide us with the ability to help the alliance that had been the first to stand beside us in our hour of need. There was no way we could not honour that debt when we were in a position to do so.
I agree that we should have dropped a PM.

At that point we weren't even attacking CT back anymore though and all but roided dry, hence why I refer to it as rather unnecessary. And lets face it, not all of those incomings were because of hitting CT a lot but also because we were the biggest alliance 'supporting' Ultores at that point.
Unread 16 Jul 2013, 18:12   #31
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwolf View Post
At that point we weren't even attacking CT back anymore though and all but roided dry, hence why I refer to it as rather unnecessary. And lets face it, not all of those incomings were because of hitting CT a lot but also because we were the biggest alliance 'supporting' Ultores at that point.
The fact you were supporting Ult certainly contributed to our willingness to hit you, as did the lack of communication when the NAP was dropped. However, Standing by CT was far and away the main reason, everything else was added bonus. Exactly what the situation was between yourselves and CT, I don't know. All I know is that CT asked for our help and we felt we owed them the help. I was the one who made the decision at the time and I can guarantee to you that the decision was that simple, there was no hidden agenda and no attempt at retribution, it was a very simple situation.
Unread 17 Jul 2013, 18:43   #32
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

while not being an acting hc, i was aware of all that was going on and BC'd a lot of the hits on innu.

From CT's point of view we felt that innu was targeting CT very heavily in support of ultores, about 60 incs a night from them.

Something some alliances forget about pissing off CT is that we will hit back eventually, when it suits us, and we are not phased by hitting an alliance all round.
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2013, 18:49   #33
nelito

nelito is a jewel in the roughnelito is a jewel in the roughnelito is a jewel in the roughnelito is a jewel in the rough

i am happy that ddk gm wasnt so far from whats happening this round everyone knows the respect i have for ct but as for spore the shittiest descision made by rock was nappig you

naping or allying doesnt just mean no incoming it means also defendign each others and attacking together its the thing the de bloque managed to make and that why no one pissed them cause they really allied each others u pick on one of them u will have to deal with the three of them respect to the man behind it

as for spore advice forest equals fail no wonder why u lost almost 20 players this far well its aways liek this with forest or he makes a rebell and he make an alliance and it fails dude somthign is wrong u better fix it
Unread 17 Jul 2013, 18:56   #34
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

sorry nelito, your wrong there, napping doesn't mean that you don't defend against. CT for example will never agree not to defend its friends against a napped alliance.

as part of a block we will agree not to defend ult for example
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2013, 19:08   #35
Forest

Quote:
i am happy that ddk gm wasnt so far from whats happening this round everyone knows the respect i have for ct but as for spore the shittiest descision made by rock was nappig you
Yes that had to be the shittest decision...

Quote:
naping or allying doesnt just mean no incoming it means also defendign each others and attacking together its the thing the de bloque managed to make and that why no one pissed them cause they really allied each others u pick on one of them u will have to deal with the three of them respect to the man behind it
They are different things. Let me explain it simply for you.

NAP = Non Agression(or Attack) Pact. It comes from the initial letters, I put them in capitals just for you.

Ally = Whatever terms the two (or more alliances agree to).

Block = The lamest thing ever in a game of 600 actives (but again, the terms are set by the block, not some troll).

Quote:
as for spore advice forest equals fail no wonder why u lost almost 20 players this far well its aways liek this with forest or he makes a rebell and he make an alliance and it fails dude somthign is wrong u better fix it
Thank you for the advice. I will take your advice and certainly ignore the fact you I told you pre-round your alliance wouldn't last the round and it didn't even make it to tick start!

I will also ignore the fact you napped the universe and are STILL lower than Spore.

And I will also ignore the fact you HC is getting MAJOR escorts (that pull when no def) and still cant win ;p

Good game sir, good game.
Unread 17 Jul 2013, 19:54   #36
nelito

1:u are an imbecile whom when asked if he is playing he said no
2:ur hcs and state zhil when asked if u are playing in spore said no i think he was afraid to say yes
3:we merged
4:u had this score lead cause u had 60 players
5:at least our players stick with us
6:STFU
Unread 17 Jul 2013, 20:08   #37
Forest

Quote:
1:u are an imbecile whom when asked if he is playing he said no
2:ur hcs and state zhil when asked if u are playing in spore said no i think he was afraid to say yes
3:we merged
4:u had this score lead cause u had 60 players
5:at least our players stick with us
6:STFU
1. I said I wasn't, then changed my mind.
2. So?
3. You merged cause you had nothing.
4. Players leave, the score leaves with em
5. We have a solid core, everyone knows who we took to try and change the game and what happened.
6. Great argument

You are just a troll, you follow me on irc and now you start here?

/ignore
Unread 17 Jul 2013, 20:53   #38
DigitalZero
Round 1er

DigitalZero will become famous soon enoughDigitalZero will become famous soon enough

Go ND!

Round 1 - 6: NewDawn
- 3,4,5 - ND HC
Round 7: NeMeSiS
Round 8,9: ND..then retired
Round 12: return to PA. NewDawn
Round 13 - Present: NewDawn, 35+ HC.

PA-Radio!!!
DigitalZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2013, 23:41   #39
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Hehe, u actualy didnt see Forest being Spore prior to him comming out of hiding? I realy lmfao when he was fakenicking meanwhile being loggedi into his pnick

Unread 18 Jul 2013, 00:55   #40
Clouds

Oh how I do love cripple fights between nelito & Forest!

Quote:
I realy lmfao when he was fakenicking meanwhile being loggedi into his pnick
I'm still deciding whether that's seriously idiotic or funny.

Last edited by Clouds; 18 Jul 2013 at 03:14.
Unread 18 Jul 2013, 05:32   #41
Forest

Quote:
Hehe, u actualy didnt see Forest being Spore prior to him comming out of hiding? I realy lmfao when he was fakenicking meanwhile being loggedi into his pnick
Sssshhhhhhh

At least you didn't mention when I was on my fake nick client and tagged away but used my Forest nick.

Now THAT would be embarassing
Unread 18 Jul 2013, 07:13   #42
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You have a fake nick.

I am filled with mirth.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 18 Jul 2013 at 07:18.
Unread 18 Jul 2013, 09:43   #43
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

From what i heard Forest wasnt playing then he was fakenicking as a HC in Spore, wether it is coincidence or not as soon as his fake nick was revealed thats when the wheels fell off for Spore and quite a few members left in the days after. As i said it could be conincidence but it is funny to think of it as the 'Forest Effect'. Whatever he touches turns to shit

And btw nelito's alliance did last the round, it just resides within ROCK. It was a smart move on his part as i dont think as a 20 man tag it would have lasted, so kudos nelito on that and gl in rd 53.

I am glad to hear Spore is playing as well in rd53 but i would imagine that recruitment will be harder now Forest is known to be at the helm. Your member count has only gone backwards since this was revealed. Maybe Zhil removing him might bring Spore back from the brink and make it better again.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2013, 14:39   #44
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
And btw nelito's alliance did last the round, it just resides within ROCK.
It's not that I didn't finish the marathon, it's just that I caught a taxi for the last 15 miles...
Unread 18 Jul 2013, 17:51   #45
Forest

Quote:
From what i heard Forest wasnt playing then he was fakenicking as a HC in Spore, wether it is coincidence or not as soon as his fake nick was revealed thats when the wheels fell off for Spore and quite a few members left in the days after. As i said it could be conincidence but it is funny to think of it as the 'Forest Effect'. Whatever he touches turns to shit
Yes, everything I touch turn to shit

Quote:
And btw nelito's alliance did last the round, it just resides within ROCK. It was a smart move on his part as i dont think as a 20 man tag it would have lasted, so kudos nelito on that and gl in rd 53.
It didn't last the round, it merged to become a new entity.
Yes a 20 man alliance doesn't last (thats why faceless have such a low average, right?

Quote:
I am glad to hear Spore is playing as well in rd53 but i would imagine that recruitment will be harder now Forest is known to be at the helm. Your member count has only gone backwards since this was revealed. Maybe Zhil removing him might bring Spore back from the brink and make it better again.
I can't imagine it will be any harder.

Of course the member count went backwards, I kicked plenty in the days, with full hc agreement, that weren't playing for the team.

I kicked inactives, I kicked spies. Hell I even kicked a top30? member in the 2nd ranked gal because I wasn't willing to have someone disobey orders and attack with/defend the alliance we are at war with.

We are more than comfortable playing the round with 20-30 members, infact some members are demanding it.
Unread 18 Jul 2013, 17:55   #46
Forest

Incidentally, it was when I was revealed (after a whining brat quit and spilled the beans), that our incoming went from 120+ to nearer 50.

Mainly the only incoming we get are a certain fence sitting alliance that only get away with attacking us is because we are tied up in war, and they only have loads of roids because they are inconsiquential in the round.
They annoyed plenty though, I assume people will remember that in the rounds to come
Unread 18 Jul 2013, 20:11   #47
Mzyxptlk
mz.

That would be incorrect. No one remembers events that happened last round. Notice how everyone isn't punishing TGV for idling to #2 last round while napped to Apprime at #1.
Unread 18 Jul 2013, 22:18   #48
Forest

completely different scenarios

TGV didnt idle to #2, they kept fighting, all along. it was infuriating that they would settle for #2 and ultimetly there 'punishment' was they didnt win.
Unread 19 Jul 2013, 01:14   #49
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
That would be incorrect. No one remembers events that happened last round. Notice how everyone isn't punishing TGV for idling to #2 last round while napped to Apprime at #1.
Well to me it seems like theyve been punished, as they went from a allie competing for #1, and back to what theyve always been.

Unread 19 Jul 2013, 02:41   #50
Blue_Esper

Quote:
Well to me it seems like theyve been punished, as they went from a allie competing for #1, and back to what theyve always been.
they were never anything more, they lack a command team who want to win a round.