User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 27 Feb 2012, 10:45   #1
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of
Jagex - Ominously silent

So, i ask of PA Team the following:

Jagex is just the x-th owner of the game, and like its predecessors promised heaven. So, we are still in hell.......

Can PA Team and/or Jagex elaborate on their big plans and silent promises?

To be clear: i do NOT want answers like:

- You will see
- We are on it
- We don't know
- Etcetera

I want real stuff, like:

- We will do <feature> in <month>
- We will change <feature> to <feature> in <month>
- We will put up PA on the Jagex site in <month>
- We will actively advertise in <month>
- We are aiming for <xxxxx> players within the next <x> months

If you and jagex cannot reply in such a concrete manner, then we can all go to sleep again safely, knowing we will have to place bets on who the next lying owner will be.

Remy
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC

Last edited by Remy; 27 Feb 2012 at 10:52.
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2012, 10:56   #2
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jagex - Ominously silent

stop asking JageX questions, MarkG is the JageX community manager for PA which JageX implemented last year in there last announcement. The least you could do was address him by name.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2012, 11:08   #3
NitbiT

NitbiT is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear MarkG,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy View Post
So, i ask of PA Team the following:

Jagex is just the x-th owner of the game, and like its predecessors promised heaven. So, we are still in hell.......

Can PA Team and/or Jagex elaborate on their big plans and silent promises?

To be clear: i do NOT want answers like:

- You will see
- We are on it
- We don't know
- Etcetera

I want real stuff, like:

- We will do <feature> in <month>
- We will change <feature> to <feature> in <month>
- We will put up PA on the Jagex site in <month>
- We will actively advertise in <month>
- We are aiming for <xxxxx> players within the next <x> months

If you and jagex cannot reply in such a concrete manner, then we can all go to sleep again safely, knowing we will have to place bets on who the next lying owner will be.

Remy
Please feel responsible to answer since you are supposed to do so...

Kind regards,
NitbiT
NitbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2012, 11:17   #4
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
stop asking JageX questions, MarkG is the JageX community manager for PA which JageX implemented last year in there last announcement. The least you could do was address him by name.
Maybe people would be more likely to address him by name if they'd heard of him, you know, at all. We might as well call Jagex "John Doe Ltd.", for all the presence they've had.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2012, 11:18   #5
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

Quote:
stop asking JageX questions.
why should we stop asking questions of JageX, we have been extremely patient. its about time they gave us an update!
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2012, 11:23   #6
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Light, you had nothing else to contribute? Great....

I address PA Team, and later in my post, PA-Team AND Jagex. Why would i address MarkG by name? I address the groups of persons responsible, and MarkG can then pick it up.

Call me a pessimist, but i doubt anyone from PA-Team/Jagex/MarkG will react in any serious manner anyway, so who cares whom i address?
Unread 27 Feb 2012, 11:24   #7
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I am not sure if there is currently a way to answer the OP due to the conditions stated within it. Am trying to get something more concrete though; even before I saw this thread.
Unread 27 Feb 2012, 11:24   #8
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy View Post
Light, you had nothing else to contribute? Great....

I address PA Team, and later in my post, PA-Team AND Jagex. Why would i address MarkG by name? I address the groups of persons responsible, and MarkG can then pick it up.

Call me a pessimist, but i doubt anyone from PA-Team/Jagex/MarkG will react in any serious manner anyway, so who cares whom i address?
Just making the point that MarkG is the PA Community Manager for JageX and no-ones even heard of him
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Unread 27 Feb 2012, 11:26   #9
Killeah
Old Skool

Killeah has a spectacular aura aboutKilleah has a spectacular aura about

sarcasm is futile on this one!!!
Killeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2012, 11:31   #10
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Quote:
Just making the point that MarkG is the PA Community Manager for JageX and no-ones even heard of him
Oh, ok :P Guess sarcasm did not get noticed by me :P

I certainly had not heard of him.

Btw, i checked their site. Can;t even click all 'games'...empty...
Unread 27 Feb 2012, 11:33   #11
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster View Post
.. to answer the OP ...
none-native-english here... What does that mean?

Good to see poco react at least. But you seem as clueless as we all are, reading your words
Unread 27 Feb 2012, 11:34   #12
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Original post.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 27 Feb 2012, 11:38   #13
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
I am not sure if there is currently a way to answer the OP due to the conditions stated within it. Am trying to get something more concrete though; even before I saw this thread.
So...

Quote:

So.
We've more contact with someone from Jagex recently. We are making plans with them and they are looking to get a team together to move things forward.

Unfortunately they've been busy and conducted several business deals that are pretty public, which has forced them to spend time focusing on that. I think they'd be the first to admit that they have spent a lot less time on Planetarion than they planned, and some of their plans went a bit awry.

They're still committed to improving the game and then, once there's more new user / mass user support, listing it on their main site. I know that a lot of people want that to happen asap, but if the game completely breaks and all the users sign up, join, get confused, leave, we could have several thousand random empty planets that we have to cope with. We might have to change the protection period to cope with that. That's part of future planning, to discuss. Discussions on how the signup, galaxy, exile and alliance system would cope with a sudden influx of new players are, of course, welcome on the suggestions forum.
11th Aug 2011? nothing came from that? when's this new user support coming? and Planetarion being listed on their main site?

Quote:
Cin is working on something that you should see reasonably soon (I hope ) and then we'll see what's next on the list. Also depends on feedback from Jagex.
11th of Aug, what was it Cin was working on? I dont remember any major gameplay changes?

Quote:
I am trying to say that they are actually starting to do something.
I must not have made that clear.
15th Aug, so its been 6months? still no details on what they have started to do?

Quote:
Apologies for lack of update.
Most/ all of the e-mails sent have apparently been replied to. We're trying to get a more complete / general input and maybe someone from Jagex to be more visible and contactable. The PA Team have recently been discussing a few shorter term options with Jagex in addition to medium/long term options that are still being pursued by Jagex.

I will try and speak with less bullshit when we're actually confident of definite plans and deadlines.
26th Jan 2011, so what were those few shorter term options? and the medium/long term options which were decided?

Quote:

These processes have all been going on over the couple of months. More and more key people are in place and starting to work, though it won't be on Round 39. Round 40/41 will have more changes from Jagex, and by the middle of next year we should be looking at integrating Planetarion with the Jagex portal.
7th Oct 2010, so what happend to integrating Planetarion into the JageX portal? and who are these key people who started to work on PA 18months ago from JageX's end?

Quote:
This is partly my fault, as I've emphasised in the past that owners have come in promising everything and delivering nothing. They're not promising anything; they'd prefer to let their delivery do the talking. I think they'd not prefer to say "ok, we're doing this" and then have to backtrack at a later date. They want to plan twice, announce once, or whatever.
However, I know that the majority of those involved from the Jagex point of view read the forums.
Delivery does the talking? Yes.. Yes it does.
Unread 27 Feb 2012, 11:49   #14
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Original post.
thnx :-)
Unread 27 Feb 2012, 18:29   #15
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

if you want an answer from them quickly then get together with the top 10 Allys and come to an agreement not to purchase any more credits (obviously some idiots will buy credits to gain an advantage ) , but if enough people refuse to buy any more then jagex will more than likely start to take notice or they will let the game die and get the url

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2012, 19:25   #16
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

well.. they did introduce the "use-just-one-email-address-over-rounds-to-login" feature!
Unread 27 Feb 2012, 19:28   #17
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo View Post
if you want an answer from them quickly then get together with the top 10 Allys and come to an agreement not to purchase any more credits (obviously some idiots will buy credits to gain an advantage ) , but if enough people refuse to buy any more then jagex will more than likely start to take notice or they will let the game die and get the url

tbh.. id second that idea without even thinking about it.. tbh.. i will not be upgraded next round.. thats a promise :P
Unread 28 Feb 2012, 09:47   #18
Kaur

Kaur is an unknown quantity at this point

You guys are not alone on this. Jagex has gone silent on most of their projects after the recent change in their ownership. More info about this: stellardawncentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18950
They have ignored their minigames site funorb.com for years. The promised 2011 release date on Stellar Dawn MMORPG has passed and they stopped posting on SDC (The only SD fansite they support)
Their only focus right now seems to be getting Transformers Universe MMO released in time since Hasbro Inc is on their ass pushing them hard.

It's sad to see the situation of PA :crymeariver:

gzambo, not buying credits will not help. Do you honestly think Jagex is making any sort of profit on PA right now? Doubt they would care.
Kaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2012, 10:41   #19
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

If it didn't make a profit they wouldn't be running it at all. You seriously believe they make a loss out of pa? They would cut the servers off in an instant, they're not doing this out of the goodness of their heart. They don't have any other reason to run it at a loss as it isn't even operated under their name.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2012, 11:27   #20
Mzyxptlk
mz.

I would be amazed if PA didn't turn a profit. Other than a couple of cores on a shared box, operating costs are basically nil, and 400-600 people buying a credit every round brings in about 2k GBP a round.

That said, I would be similarly amazed if PA were a core part of Jagex long-term strategy. For starters, they'd be paying more attention to it.

Additionally, because revenue is so low, any kind of pressure the PA player base mounts (by not buying credits) would probably largely be lost in the financial noise. Further, it's not like refusing to buy credits in a dying game is going to set off a media storm, so they have little to fear in the PR department either.

Taking all that into account, a boycott might still make Jagex take a second look at PA. However, their response might as easily be "Ok, let's fix this broken game" as "If PA no longer makes a profit, we'll just axe it". So be careful.
Unread 28 Feb 2012, 11:51   #21
Killeah
Old Skool

Killeah has a spectacular aura aboutKilleah has a spectacular aura about

So if I get it right, jagex situation is a bit like microsoft, they buy a lot of revenues, firms, copyrights, games.

They allocate resources to half of them.

Then they postpone every single release date on anything atleast five times.

I guess it's common buisness strategy these days
Killeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2012, 12:09   #22
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

that's exactly my point mz the game needs to be fixed or let die

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2012, 12:12   #23
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Fair enough.
Unread 1 Mar 2012, 11:28   #24
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

isn't it technically being "let die" for years now?
as long as people are paying for credits why on earth would anyone bother just 'shutting' it.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2012, 11:37   #25
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough

I am sursprised someone else than me picked up this issue again. Anyway, thanks Remy for summarizing our feels and demands.

As for the credit boycott idea: I support it as I am not playing But that seems to be a really good idea.

Jagex for me is more incapable of running pa than zPeti. At least he showed up from time to time to tell us he did nothing.

And...

Relation Change Ascendancy and the Horde are now at war with each other.
Korsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2012, 12:55   #26
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korsan View Post
I am sursprised someone else than me picked up this issue again. Anyway, thanks Remy for summarizing our feels and demands.

As for the credit boycott idea: I support it as I am not playing But that seems to be a really good idea.

Jagex for me is more incapable of running pa than zPeti. At least he showed up from time to time to tell us he did nothing.
Wrong, Jagex, potentially, are very capable of running PA. They just have bigger fish to fry. We need to get MarkG-Unit online and involved in the community!

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2012, 13:13   #27
snoops^
p1mp

snoops^ has a spectacular aura aboutsnoops^ has a spectacular aura aboutsnoops^ has a spectacular aura about

each round the member base gets smaller, at this rate by the time they get round to doing anything with PA, there will be no fish to fry at all :/

ReBorn-Fury-Wolfpack-1up-Newdawn-DLR-NFI-Apprime-

*CEO of the Forest fan club
snoops^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2012, 00:14   #28
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough

Tomorow is EORC right?
Perfect time for anouncements (if there are anything worth announcing).
And it's the perfect time for the Jagex community manager to show himself.

Anyone remember creator's hours?

And...

Unread 2 Mar 2012, 01:20   #29
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

It would be for the best for Jagex or who ever to just announce that next round is gonna be the last round of PA, and after that delete all data/code/logs they got from PA and removed the website from the domain. That would help all those that are waiting for any increase of the PA playerbase in 2012> to get on with their life, bury all bitterness, let all their skeletons come out of their closets and get on with their lifes.
Please announce the end! Set our doomed souls free jagex!

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2012, 01:25   #30
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

It would be best for Jagex to keep milking every last penny they can. Stop dreaming!

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Unread 3 Mar 2012, 10:02   #31
Korsan
Always MadcowS

And again Jagex didnt show any proof of life. I don't know why I am always that optimistic to see them announce anything when they clearly dont plan to do anything..

And...

Unread 3 Mar 2012, 10:52   #32
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Stop worrying Korsan

As was said earlier in this thread Jagex are pooling resources for the launch of a BIG game (Transformers).

They know that PA isnt going to die in the time it takes them to complete that - due to the hardcore memberbase/nostalgic signups.

Yes MarkG should be more vocal on these forums or on NG BUT if he has been pulled onto another project for the present time then its understandable that PA has been forgotten for now.

I personally assume 2 things - that if Spinners game is a success then there is a need for Jagex to overhaul PA to compete with it and that most likely PA was a nostaglic purchase by Jagex (the chances are that some of their team played PA way back when and saw its dire straits and got the company to purchase it to stop it from dying) and will sit ticking over until Jagex is quiet and they have time to look at it properly
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Mar 2012, 11:04   #33
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

I think you are all forgetting that JageX does not care about us. If they ever revive the game, they will simply advertise it on their site and PA will eventually gain enough new players to sustain itself. They don't need us.

In fact, the game will probably have changed in such a manner that a large part of the current community won't even like it that much anymore. We should just play the game if we still enjoy it, and stop playing the moment we don't. Don't expect any miracles from anyone, and you won't be let down.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Mar 2012, 12:12   #34
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc View Post
In fact, the game will probably have changed in such a manner that a large part of the current community won't even like it that much anymore. We should just play the game if we still enjoy it, and stop playing the moment we don't. Don't expect any miracles from anyone, and you won't be let down.
That would probably be for the best, to be honest. For PA to become a viable game again would require so much change that it would be easier to just start over from scratch. If some of the old player base makes the switch, all the better, but no expectations.
Unread 3 Mar 2012, 20:11   #35
Gary
xVx Peon

Gary is an unknown quantity at this point

According to their website they have 450 staff - could one of them not be dedicated to PA? If they are on a salary of say £20k - £24k a year, I am sure PA will make more profit than that (assuming number of players rise) and the balance would go towards the rest of Jagex's overheads. They would not lose out from it. Can't be that difficult?
Unread 4 Mar 2012, 03:52   #36
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I will announce what I can when I can. It's possibly even worse for me than for you, trust me on this.

Edit: I'm not meaning that Planetarion is going to be cancelled. sorry for the confusion!

Last edited by Appocomaster; 4 Mar 2012 at 19:04.
Appocomaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2012, 13:20   #37
neroon

incase u dont read other forums

before u go or before PA gets canceled, PLEASE do something decent with the upcoming round at least.. give remaining players something to do

/me directs appoco to "Alliance size" forums for the start
Unread 4 Mar 2012, 15:40   #38
Kaur

Kaur is an unknown quantity at this point

services.stellardawn.com/m=forum_fo/forums.ws?83,84,14,119886
Jagex's recent announcement about "the decision to pause the development of Stellar Dawn for the time being." "12 jobs lost as studio reorganises to focus on RuneScape and Transformers Universe MMOs"

Jagex also left the board of Fen Research ltd.
stellardawncentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19153

I can see where this is going.
Quote:
I will announce what I can when I can. It's possibly even worse for me than for you, trust me on this.
Kaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2012, 15:56   #39
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

good to see nothing has changed
so i can safely keep staying away from PA

thx for this thread, safed me the hazzle of reading all the forum

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2012, 18:48   #40
Appocomaster
PA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by neroon View Post
incase u dont read other forums

before u go or before PA gets canceled, PLEASE do something decent with the upcoming round at least.. give remaining players something to do

/me directs appoco to "Alliance size" forums for the start
I'm not going to make a major change like that just after I made a previous chance that had such a bad impact last round Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaur View Post
services.stellardawn.com/m=forum_fo/forums.ws?83,84,14,119886
Jagex's recent announcement about "the decision to pause the development of Stellar Dawn for the time being." "12 jobs lost as studio reorganises to focus on RuneScape and Transformers Universe MMOs"

Jagex also left the board of Fen Research ltd.
stellardawncentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19153

I can see where this is going.
I had no idea about this! Makes things more interesting
Unread 4 Mar 2012, 19:16   #41
neroon

Quote:
I'm not going to make a major change like that just after I made a previous chance that had such a bad impact last round Sorry.
to be clear..

what was the bad impact again? Apart from a few ppl whining about not being able to play without prelaunch, i think there wasnt any problems.. hence i was quite astonished about the fact that u changed it back as well.. im not sure who ure talking with, about these matters, but change the partner please.. u need to start doing something and u can start with quite easy things, without changing the code even..

changing round names and stats is not the thing we need.. i know this will not happen, but at least i tryed :P
Unread 4 Mar 2012, 21:23   #42
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by neroon View Post
to be clear..

what was the bad impact again? Apart from a few ppl whining about not being able to play without prelaunch, i think there wasnt any problems..
The prelaunch change was an excellent change for the game, but not a good change for the current player base. To many of the euro players have lives and don't like having to set an alarm to launch in the middle of the night. If the change had been kept I think roughly 1/3 of the current active player base would have quit. Not a big deal if the game is growing, but given the current PA climate it would have been pretty disastrous.

Hopefully at some point PA will grow again (hey I can be an optimist if I want!) and then perhaps the reduction in prelaunch will be considered again.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2012, 22:36   #43
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe View Post
The prelaunch change was an excellent change for the game, but not a good change for the current player base. To many of the euro players have lives and don't like having to set an alarm to launch in the middle of the night. If the change had been kept I think roughly 1/3 of the current active player base would have quit. Not a big deal if the game is growing, but given the current PA climate it would have been pretty disastrous.

Hopefully at some point PA will grow again (hey I can be an optimist if I want!) and then perhaps the reduction in prelaunch will be considered again.
and none limit alliances!

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2012, 09:26   #44
neroon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe View Post

and again, this is a problem which really dosent exist. There were prolly a few ppl that quit due to this and thats kinda it. You cant please everyone, every change makes negative emotions to at least some ppl, which is just a basic psyhology.

Euro ppl did not have to wake up during night. I live in Europe and I woke up zero times during nights..

The reason for the PL change was to change the way ppl play this game. To spread the attacks more around the clock and move it away from the 04-07:00 game time action.

There were some ppl whining about it, as it seemed unbelivebly cruel to them that they were not able to launch at 04:00 game time nmore, while aussies and usa ppl could. But it was not about it, it was about making them rather use other times to attack, get their alliances to support it by doing morning raids, etc..

Then there were alliances that just gave up and didnt even try, which is sad, but nothing to do about it.. Maybe in the next round they would have had their shit together and managed to deal with it?

Now we dont know, since for some idiotic reason the change was switched back, and everything goes on the same way again..

im not sure if most of u follow, but the thing that kills this game is the fact that PA stands in the same place round after round after round.. ppl get bored and thats it. Simple.. and when its tryed to change then its ovbious that ppl will moan a bit, yet they will most probably adapt.. thats what ppl do.
Unread 5 Mar 2012, 10:13   #45
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Stay focused ppl, dont discuss game features pls, discuss Jagex.

I was going to try and contact them, but i have yet to discover a contact info page on their site.

Last edited by Remy; 5 Mar 2012 at 10:20.
Unread 5 Mar 2012, 11:41   #46
Shev
So what?

Quote:
It was the best change you ever made to the game, with the only slight flaw being that it was left in for attacking even in a limited amount.

I wish you hadn't let yourself be convinced it was a bad change by some whining.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Unread 5 Mar 2012, 20:24   #47
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

It was killing the game. The only alliances benefitting were the hardcore ones.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2012, 20:41   #48
Shev
So what?

No, I don't agree. It reduces the coordinated incomings every alliance recieves at unsociable hours, something that I don't believe to be bad for the game in any way.

It also made it more difficult for me to roid HR when I and they were asleep, but some sacrifices had to be made.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Unread 5 Mar 2012, 20:54   #49
neroon

good to see that Clouds was one of the ppl trying to understand the reason behind the change :sarcasm:

ppl with such reaction was the problem..
Unread 5 Mar 2012, 21:15   #50
Mzyxptlk
mz.

I don't suppose any alliance has stats on the times at which incomings showed up? Would be interesting to compare then with next round's.