User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 27 Apr 2011, 16:18   #1
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light
Omega has fallen the end of the world is here....

So....got a few questions...what’s going on with the alliance rankings? Specifically what happened to omega and where did ND get all of their roids. I have a hard time believing that ND has been roiding omega and been successful but boy oh boy the numbers are telling me something and the rest of me has a hard time believing it. So...anyone care to enlighten a political virgin. Any and all info is welcome.

Thanks

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour
RexDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2011, 16:22   #2
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all
Re: Omega has fallen the end of the world is here....

ND? 1900 roids (so far) is hardly something you would call ground breaking........just a standard amount I'd have thought...Omega clearly breaking up inside
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2011, 17:38   #3
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

ManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really nice

We landed decent last night but only 3 omega planets for a lil over 1k roids ... people are quiting/being kicked by kenny. It will probably be formed into an excuse later.
ManiacMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2011, 18:45   #4
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

seeing all the people that left, can they just be renamed to ascendancy now pls

Its out order !!!

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2011, 19:54   #5
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

but surely its the asc that left so why call it something its lacking??
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2011, 19:58   #6
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

would you be seriously upset to learn that the asc were not the 1st to leave and there are some asc still left in the tag , i do hope your not too disappointed

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2011, 20:08   #7
DigitalZero
Round 1er

DigitalZero will become famous soon enoughDigitalZero will become famous soon enough

I have no bad words about Ascendancy as they stuck with us the entire round and are one of the more integrity based groups of people out there.

As for Omega, eventhough Kenny and I had our differences and we made up and all that fun stuff, it is sooooo fulfilling seeing a One-Hit-Wonder Alliance disband halfway through the round due to internal differences. I hope upcoming one round alliances all follow the same exact path.

Round 1 - 6: NewDawn
- 3,4,5 - ND HC
Round 7: NeMeSiS
Round 8,9: ND..then retired
Round 12: return to PA. NewDawn
Round 13 - Present: NewDawn, 35+ HC.

PA-Radio!!!
DigitalZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2011, 20:49   #8
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showpo...0&postcount=34

Half of that has come true ... now xvx/app do your part
Unread 27 Apr 2011, 21:47   #9
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

ManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really nice

Where are the rest of o-smegma going to go?
ManiacMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2011, 22:02   #10
PewPewQQ
Google Me.
Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Summer Games Champion, Twelve Swap Champion

PewPewQQ is a jewel in the roughPewPewQQ is a jewel in the roughPewPewQQ is a jewel in the roughPewPewQQ is a jewel in the rough

Congrats to Omega making it thus far, expected you lot to crumble around t350...

PewPewQQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2011, 22:40   #11
Firebird

Not into app thats where they aint going!
Unread 28 Apr 2011, 02:16   #12
Xoca

Xoca is an unknown quantity at this point

A little birdie told me that they will join some lith gang.
Xoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2011, 06:39   #13
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

meh they are going to xVx lol

Finally retired
Unread 3 May 2011, 12:26   #14
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

The reason why Omega failed this round was partly to due to the leadership but also some of the members.

The omega membership could basically be split into 2 catagories.
(a) Contributing suffiently to attacks and defence.
(b) Not contibuting suffiently in defence.

What happened was when there was incoming there would be the usual folk who send defence aka (a) whilst (b) would have the mentality of someone else will send def to cover it I am going on attack.

As the incs continued and in greater number. again (a) would send defence whilst (b) wasn't sending defence (either at all or insuffiently)

So when (a) folk started to get roided they would get what I would term as "roid lust" so their fi fleet wasn't available for defence. In an attempt to regain roids / compensate for their roid lust by going on the attack.
Afterall it is only human nature.

So when (a) didn't start supplying defence as much as they previously was .... now (a) and (b) where readily being roided as a result.
What I would term as a break down of the defence culture in the omega alliance

Then the Shipjumping started after that.
Funny enough it was initally folk who would fall into the (b) catagory.

But Then the Kenny factor came into place with his "questionable" people management approach.
At the start of the round.... whilst kenny lead by example and excelled in some fields like sending defence (I.e. sent the most defence fleets in omega and did alot of dcing and !call nick and so forth.) but his people skills were at best counter productive.
Usually resulting in kenny kicking folk from members channel or worse.

Lessons to be learned is why there wasn't any sort of minium defence requirement implimented at the start of the round when there was a high % of non natural team players in the Omega alliance.
(it reminds me why the likes of ND and CT have a defence priority system which is proportional to the amount of defence that has been sent by members. I.E. an Incentive to send defence.)

I did myself try to impliment a minium defence requirement but it was too little too late to stop folk leaving tag.
When the defence cultures goes to xxxx it is a visious circle to get out of.
Unread 3 May 2011, 13:29   #15
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Fair.
Unread 3 May 2011, 14:38   #16
nolezy
Class Clown

nolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nice

Kenny's only problem was that he relied on people to do their part and most of them didn't come through. I'll be the first to admit that I didn't hold up any part of the bargin for being active due to some work issues. I wasn't the only one though. I don't think the majority of the officers and HCs truly bought into the style of alliance Kenny runs (a la [NFI]) and that created some friction when people started to see it in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
But Then the Kenny factor came into place with his "questionable" people management approach.
At the start of the round.... whilst kenny lead by example and excelled in some fields like sending defence (I.e. sent the most defence fleets in omega and did alot of dcing and !call nick and so forth.) but his people skills were at best counter productive.
Usually resulting in kenny kicking folk from members channel or worse.
Statements like this show that you really didn't know what you were getting yourself into. This same thing happened in [NFI] all the time. A good alliance holds it's members accountable. carDi is known for kicking members for alliance violations, yet Apprime is always one of the best alliances. Ruling with an iron-fist and holding members accountable can typically help the alliance run cohesively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
Lessons to be learned is why there wasn't any sort of minium defence requirement implimented at the start of the round when there was a high % of non natural team players in the Omega alliance.
(it reminds me why the likes of ND and CT have a defence priority system which is proportional to the amount of defence that has been sent by members. I.E. an Incentive to send defence.)
Defense points and 'requirements' are shit. My opinions of ND and CT are well documented, so I'll spare the unsolicited trolling, but the point remains, aside from ND and CT (and xVx to an extent) most other alliances don't use a true defense point system. The members list is open and everyone sees everyone else's fleet contributions. If you're not pulling your weight, HCs need to warn the person and then something needs to be done. If you warn someone several times and they don't step up, they're kicked. It doesn't have to be all rainbows and lollipops, kicking people serves a purpose. If you kick one person, there's a good chance that others will start paying attention.

The 'lesson learned' is that DCs are vital. Most great alliances have had someone (or a group of people) DC almost single-handedly. Sure, that's not fair to expect that of someone and typically it's a monumental task to ask of someone, but you can't just say "Ok everyone, DC yourselves!" and actually expect that to happen. Most people will help out with DCing their own calls, but you need a mastermind behind it and omega didn't have that. I saw Santa do it all round in xVx last round, DCing mega-waves on multiple planets at the same time. Sure, it takes a certain level of player to pull that off and a great amount of devotion, but you've gotta have it to be successful.

Round 13 - Angels - Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Rank 21
Round 16 - Ascendancy - when im gd im not gd of when im bad i suck - Rank 56
Round 28 - Ascendancy - The Olympic Glory of Michael Phelps - Rank 21
Round 38 - [NFI] - Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Rank 30
Round 39 - Imperia - Purdue of Boilermakers - Rank 59
Round 40 - xVx - An Shi Rebellion of the Tang Dynasty - Rank 2

I'll always give you a hand.
nolezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2011, 15:57   #17
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah but nolez I'm not going to start bitching about all the things that went wrong around me when I know for a fact that there were things I could have done better. I'd have a lot to say about various people and their 'contributions' (and no, not talking about you) from this round but there's no way to say it without it sounding like sour grapes.

Besides, I don't feel that there are enough people who I need to justify myself to in this game to put the effort into explaining where I think Omega went wrong.
Unread 3 May 2011, 17:03   #18
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Dark-Strider is on a distinguished road

I blame timpayne...
Unread 3 May 2011, 17:23   #19
t3k
The Video Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Strider View Post
I blame timpayne...
Unread 3 May 2011, 19:46   #20
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolezy View Post
Kenny's only problem was that he relied on people to do their part and most of them didn't come through. I'll be the first to admit that I didn't hold up any part of the bargain for being active due to some work issues. I wasn't the only one though. I don't think the majority of the officers and HCs truly bought into the style of alliance Kenny runs (a la [NFI]) and that created some friction when people started to see it in person.
I wasn't expecting some of the members to have been so shit in terms of their (lack of) fleet contributions, (not) taking the initative, non compliance to .mydef, and not even responding to !call nick or !sms nick.
Which leads to the following

Quote:
Statements like this show that you really didn't know what you were getting yourself into. This same thing happened in [NFI] all the time. A good alliance holds it's members accountable.
I heard good things from folk who had played in NFI (since I was in ND that round I could only go on word of mouth.) I though might be worth a go.
It would be great to work in alliance where everyone knows the score and what is required without being told what is nessesary to be a part of a top tier alliance .... oh shit wait a minute

Quote:
CarDi is known for kicking members for alliance violations, yet Apprime is always one of the best alliances. Ruling with an iron-fist and holding members accountable can typically help the alliance run cohesively.
Pretty much why folk don't have a .mydef older than 48 ticks.

Quote:
Defense points and 'requirements' are shit. My opinions of ND and CT are well documented, so I'll spare the unsolicited trolling,but the point remains, aside from ND and CT (and xVx to an extent) most other alliances don't use a true defense point system. The members list is open and everyone sees everyone else's fleet contributions.
Judging by your defence fleet contributions this round Nolez ... CT/ND would have put you on the NO DEF catagory. (having DCed there I am fairly confident they would.)
CT/ND's defence culture > Omega Defence culture
Draw your own conclusion(s).

Quote:
HCs need to warn the person and then something needs to be done. If you warn someone several times and they don't step up, they're kicked. It doesn't have to be all rainbows and lollipops, kicking people serves a purpose. If you kick one person, there's a good chance that others will start paying attention.
I wished that the minium defence requirement was implimented at the start of the round. When it was implimented in omega for the first few nights it was a joy to DC because the members were throwing their fleet(s) (wether it be 25-33% of their anti fi/co or anti bs/cr) at you to use in defence. Hence a good defence culture. Which made it a more DC friendly enviroment and could rattle through the defence calls...Kinda Reminded me of my old subh
The downside was that it was too late to stop folk shipjumping the damage had already been done.
A stitch in time saves nine etc.

When Kenny kicked mark for defending ingal against his own tag and especially being a retal.... no one was stupid enough to do the same again.

Having a minium defence requirement tells the members exactly what is expected of them to stay in the alliance. If any member falls behind it they are placed on NO DEF.
when member X ask "why didn't I get defence last night?"
HC/DC "Because you need to get the finger out and send more defence"
Member X can't then turn around and say "I didn't know what was expected of me".
member X can either comply / raise their game or find some other crutch er I mean alliance that meets their contributions criteria.

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=199294
Afterall they'll take just about anyone however
http://kia.cthq.net/index.php?p=viewalliance&name=Ng0
There is always a downside.

Why burn out those who are pulling their weight at the expense of those who aren't pulling their weight?

Quote:
The 'lesson learned' is that DCs are vital. Most great alliances have had someone (or a group of people) DC almost single-handedly. Sure, that's not fair to expect that of someone and typically it's a monumental task to ask of someone, but you can't just say "Ok everyone, DC yourselves!" and actually expect that to happen. Most people will help out with DCing their own calls, but you need a mastermind behind it and omega didn't have that.
I saw Santa do it all round in xVx last round, DCing mega-waves on multiple planets at the same time. Sure, it takes a certain level of player to pull that off and a great amount of devotion, but you've gotta have it to be successful.
This is what I don't understand with 1/2 of the members especially with the talent (on paper so to speak) that omega had. You Don't have to be Jesus Christ to DC.
I suspect it was won't DC rather than can't DC.
IF you can calc up attacks then you can DC it is effectively the same principle.
Through practice you get the concepts of fleet/ship budgeting, who/what ships to use, recalcing waves with multiple hostile fleets and then fleet(s) recall after the tick it comes in and getting non essentual fleet(s) to recall etc. Its all about fleet logistics.
I have always had the philosphy of Many hands = light work.....Why burn out good DC(s) by watching and doing nothing? contributing isn't just restricted to sending defence.
Unread 3 May 2011, 23:24   #21
Kolla

Kolla is on a distinguished road

the awesome is dead?
ha ha
PA is dying come on¡¡¡ recruit more people
Kolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2011, 15:09   #22
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Planetarion isn't what it used to be. It's a dieing game.

If Planetarion was the free world and Apprime was a terrorist organisation, we'd all be utterly screwed!

For some reason, Apprime seems to have influence other most hc's, which makes them the dominant Planetarion alliance.

When war is happening (especially if Apprime is on the winning side), alliances shouldn't fence (especially if they're growing at a rate that will interest Apprime) because they will just get roided down by the Apprime block.

DLR/ND decided to fence at the beginning of the round, and today, this happened

The same will surly happen to DLR.

So, who is actually fighting the Apprime block? xVx/ND.

TGV (aka Kargool) refuses assist because of a grudge that Kargool holds against DLR, which I'll quote, "<Kargool> after dlr has hit us 4 nights in a row?"

Well, Kargool, I am very glad that you're not a 'real' politician. By all means, hold a grudge, but don't expect to fence for the remainder of the round because as you grow, the Apprime block will roid you down like they did to ND today.

In my opinion, Apprime should be the target of interest each and every round.

Due to the incompetence of most hc's left in this dieing game, I shall retire at the end of the round.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2011, 15:30   #23
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
TGV (aka Kargool) refuses assist because of a grudge that Kargool holds against DLR, which I'll quote, "<Kargool> after dlr has hit us 4 nights in a row?"

Well, Kargool, I am very glad that you're not a 'real' politician. By all means, hold a grudge, but don't expect to fence for the remainder of the round because as you grow, the Apprime block will roid you down like they did to ND today.
We played ball trying to fight Apprime earlier in the round, ND fenced up. But now ND got hit and we should fight your fight all of a sudden?

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2011, 15:39   #24
HeimdallR

Well to keep it short
ct - is going for #1, helping take out ND is a logical choice
ODDR - well were app flak and have received ND incoming on nightly basis.
allthough we didn't hit more then two ND planets last night
ROCK - Im sure they don't like ND much either, well and its easier roids.
Hex - don't really know what their deal is, will need to ask Kai

Guess if you don't want app to win you'll have to from some sort of block on them yourselves, but that has been tried and failed for many rounds now and the reason is simple.

the block always fell appart due to one alliance not being true to their word, ND, when it comes to politics ND is incomptetent, mainly backstabbing (at wrong time), and most alliances just trust APP more then ND.
that says enough basicly, if i was ND hc i would resign and give other members a shot.

Finally retired
Unread 4 May 2011, 15:49   #25
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Planetarion isn't what it used to be. It's a dieing game.

If Planetarion was the free world and Apprime was a terrorist organisation, we'd all be utterly screwed!

For some reason, Apprime seems to have influence other most hc's, which makes them the dominant Planetarion alliance.

When war is happening (especially if Apprime is on the winning side), alliances shouldn't fence (especially if they're growing at a rate that will interest Apprime) because they will just get roided down by the Apprime block.

The same will surly happen to DLR.

So, who is actually fighting the Apprime block? xVx/ND.

In my opinion, Apprime should be the target of interest each and every round.

Due to the incompetence of most hc's left in this dieing game, I shall retire at the end of the round.
You do realise that you left out the fact that DLR was asked on numerous occasions if they were willing to hit apprime, and said no at every stage and cross road, as did ND. Then after saying no, they launched on us? And pray tell me, how many times did ND say no to hitting Apprime? ND didnt hit Apprime, and Apprime joined in on ND in the end.

Again, Explain to me Clouds, why should TGV fight a war against another ally for yet another alliance to win? It is the top alliances initiative to initiate and sell their "cause" to the mid tier alliances, everything else is just rubbish. If I play the game to sacrifice my own ally for other needs I'll end up as an ally with no roids, crap morale and a lousy attitude.

I have no wish to drag a newly forged group of players into some scrappy war where allies drop targets 4-5 minutes before TP and change their decisions on the whim just because some HC throws a tantrum.

The entire round has been riddled with fluid politics and not any clear direction at all, and yet you try to pin the blame on me and my ally that went into the round with 30 members and a goal to become top 8? And this is coming from a shipjumper that left a sinking ship just because nobody bothered to dc his incs at night.

Maybe its for the best that you retire at the end of the round.
Unread 4 May 2011, 15:53   #26
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeimdallR View Post

the block always fell appart due to one alliance not being true to their word, ND, when it comes to politics ND is incomptetent, mainly backstabbing (at wrong time), and most alliances just trust APP more then ND.
that says enough basicly, if i was ND hc i would resign and give other members a shot.
Smartest comment so far this round. Cudos
Unread 4 May 2011, 16:04   #27
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool View Post
And this is coming from a shipjumper that left a sinking ship just because nobody bothered to dc his incs at night.

Maybe its for the best that you retire at the end of the round.
The only time I received real incoming was when I was alliance less for those 48 ticks, and the reason I ship jumped, like everyone else in Omega was because there was no command structure and no orginsation. An alliance cannot work efficiently without a proper command.

I would get your facts straight before making accusations.

I was one of Omega's top defenders, having more defence missions launched than attack missions, and I would prioritise others before covering my own hostiles.

What people think of my performance is irreverent.

Quote:
You do realise that you left out the fact that DLR was asked on numerous occasions if they were willing to hit apprime, and said no at every stage and cross road
You're right, I did miss that part out.

DLR was/is the number one fencer this round, and due Grog's incompetence, DLR will be roided down, as will xVx and TGV.
Unread 4 May 2011, 16:09   #28
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
The only time I received real incoming was when I was alliance less for those 48 ticks, and the reason I ship jumped, like everyone else in Omega was because there was no command structure and no orginsation. An alliance cannot work efficiently without a proper command.

So instead of stepping up, and getting things into shape, you chose to quit. Gotcha.

Unread 4 May 2011, 16:21   #29
Clouds

Quote:
So instead of stepping up, and getting things into shape, you chose to quit. Gotcha.
I did step up, believe me, I did.

I was Omega's only BC, and I tried improving the offense culture by contacting each person individually, but there's only so much an individual can do.

Kenny made it clear to me that I was to only comment on attack related matters.
Unread 4 May 2011, 17:00   #30
SantaCruz
I've been around

SantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I did step up, believe me, I did.

I was Omega's only BC, and I tried improving the offense culture by contacting each person individually, but there's only so much an individual can do.

Kenny made it clear to me that I was to only comment on attack related matters.
he didn't quit anyways. he joined another alliance to better fight his battle. finishing what was started in omega before it failed.

way better then going idle and hurting the other members still trying to play.
Unread 4 May 2011, 17:26   #31
Inforza
Holland is GVD het HARDST

Inforza is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
The reason we hit ND is cause they targeted CT the night before.. they should have stayed on their fence

WP SiN eXilition 1up CT SubH Ascendancy Apprime
Inforza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2011, 17:38   #32
DigitalZero
Round 1er

DigitalZero will become famous soon enoughDigitalZero will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeimdallR View Post
Other members a shot at what? We have changed command structure for the past 4 rounds with new faces, do you even know what your talking about? I even let Williams do ND politics, and we still get a bad rap! For some reason, I do not see when/where we have ever backstabbed anyone to be honest. We have a bad rep for what reason again? If its some reason that happened between rounds 10-20, or whatever, before DLR split, I think everyone should re-assess their bad talking us all the ****ing time. It does get old!

- 3,4,5 - ND HC

PA-Radio!!!
Unread 4 May 2011, 17:49   #33
MaxMilliaN
red looks good on me eh

MaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these parts

Clouds: normally i never agree with kargool but... i think now i am.

first of all you lead the uprising in omega which made alot of ppl shipjump including you.

2nd there is not and never been an apprime block, we made it clear that we like to keep this round open. We stepped up when omega started working on a block, coz we felt it disadvantages CT and ND (their competition). ND played it smart to stay out of ct vs omega block. ND didnt join omega or ct or app. but what happened now is: ND & XVX and DRL started hitting CT. ND xvx went to roid ct, and knowing app will not tolerate this since we didnt tolerate it when omega pulled this. If ND want to fence so be it, if they want to create a block after omega died its a diff story. same goes for DRL, they decided not to fence and joined the side with the bigger numbers now. and ct just got outnumbered at this point.

it wont work when ND and DRL decided to fence at 1 point, and now asking the help of those they roided while fencing. why would tgv help them? why would rock oddr hex help them?

peace out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla
I signed up to make sure eX didnt win the round, thanks to your HCs last decision it looks like I succeeded
Apprime
MaxMilliaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2011, 17:56   #34
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
The last 10 rounds have apparently taught you nothing, which explains why it took you until now before realising Apprime are pretty strong. I guess we'll see you guys again next round, around tick 800, complaining about the unfairness of it all.

Quote:

Considering how thoroughly he's been destroying your posts, Kargool hardly needs any defence from the likes of me, but this sounds more like a blunder on the part of DLR than on his. Who would've thought that people hold grudges. That's certainly never happened before in PA history!
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2011, 17:58   #35
HeimdallR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalZero View Post
We have a bad rep for what reason again? If its some reason that happened between rounds 10-20, or whatever, before DLR split, I think everyone should re-assess their bad talking us all the ****ing time. It does get old!
my PA experience doesn't go that far back even, my sentiments come mostly from the early rounds of ODDR when we got to experience both sides of a block.

Finally retired
Unread 4 May 2011, 17:58   #36
MaxMilliaN
red looks good on me eh

MaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these parts

DZ: ppl dont forget and tbh you did it last round, not round 10-20.

ND has a trackrecord of trying to bully ODDR and Hex. Also you are known to be dishonest and yes ND fences alot and known to be switching sides whenever it suits them. Many alliances dislike ND coz they are not reliable and will backstab any1. ND can join a block and what they they do is let their partners do the dirty work while ND goes to farm roids of a midtier alliance that is not even hostile to them.

ND strategy has been for many rounds the same: play both sides. with friends like ND you dont need enemies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla
I signed up to make sure eX didnt win the round, thanks to your HCs last decision it looks like I succeeded
Apprime
MaxMilliaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2011, 18:03   #37
HeimdallR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Who would've thought that people hold grudges. That's certainly never happened before in PA history!
idd the ODDR - ND grudge been going on for rounds

Finally retired
Unread 4 May 2011, 18:24   #38
DigitalZero
Round 1er

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxMilliaN View Post
DZ: ppl dont forget and tbh you did it last round, not round 10-20.

ND has a trackrecord of trying to bully ODDR and Hex. Also you are known to be dishonest and yes ND fences alot and known to be switching sides whenever it suits them. Many alliances dislike ND coz they are not reliable and will backstab any1. ND can join a block and what they they do is let their partners do the dirty work while ND goes to farm roids of a midtier alliance that is not even hostile to them.

ND strategy has been for many rounds the same: play both sides. with friends like ND you dont need enemies
Lol! we never played both sides, let me bring you back through the year with ND. When I took over politics the round VsN won, we stuck by VsN the entire round (I am sure Santa and Dimentus can attest to this) without backstabbing them once.

Evolution round, we played a weird political game of trying to be neutral and LAST to be roided by the block, it worked, but ultimately we lost

NFI round... we stuck by our friends in NFI the entire round, until THEY backstabbed us when the conversations were drawn about #1 planet.

Last round... having a real hard time remembering who ND backstabbed?

As for Hex and ODDR. For some reason, and maybe we should, sit down and talk to ODDR because since I took over from Stein, greg always seemed to of hated ND for whatever reason! That carried on during my time as HC between the rest of you guys. As for hex, we are straight with hex this round. Last round, we had one instance where a ***** BC lined up a HeX galaxy during a time where we had called a CF between us and ROCK. His mistake made hex retailate. As from what I know now, Hex and ND arent friends, but we arent enemies like ODDR deams us.

Just because we turned on Apprime during the VsN round, doesn't mean we are backstabbers. We got wind of Cardi planning something, and we decided to act accordingly, and I even let the hours of Ceasefire expire before we jumped in to target.

And once again, this whole, ND hits smaller/medium alliances while the others are busy fighting big wars... There are 1.2K people playing this game, down from thousands and thousands. This leaves us with roughly 10 alliances in the game, if you want to look at it at current limits. Anyone that is still playing planetarion round 41, shouldn't be considered a noob, nor a noob alliance; they should consider all alliances alliances in the game that are fighting for the same reason the top allies are, training or not, you are apart of planetarion. Every ally, bar allies that are less than 15 members, can and should be considered "free game". In fact, if ND didnt discourage its members from solo attacks, I would tell them to roid whoever they want, even if its an SPQR member.. This bs of us picking on smaller alliances is a joke for this reason alone, if you cant handle incs from any alliance, why are you playing this game?

- 3,4,5 - ND HC

PA-Radio!!!
Unread 4 May 2011, 18:27   #39
Clouds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inforza View Post
The reason we hit ND is cause they targeted CT the night before.. they should have stayed on their fence
That is what is termed bullying.

At least ND had the balls to stand up to your block, and for that, I have the greatest respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxMilliaN View Post
Clouds: normally i never agree with kargool but... i think now i am.

first of all you lead the uprising in omega which made alot of ppl shipjump including you.
What made folk left was the lack of leadership, and when I left, I brought 10 Omega's with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxMiliaN View Post
2nd there is not and never been an apprime block, we made it clear that we like to keep this round open. We stepped up when omega started working on a block, coz we felt it disadvantages CT and ND (their competition).
Omega only decided to create a block when Apprime had blocked with Conspiracy.

Quote:
ND played it smart to stay out of ct vs omega block. ND didnt join omega or ct or app. but what happened now is: ND & XVX and DRL started hitting CT.
Incorrect.

DLR were not a part of a block, they attacked whoever they wanted at will, and Conspiracy were their easiest targets.

I refer to a conversation that I had with Grog, which I will quote, "<Grog> every time I look for targets, all of the best easiest gals for us to hit are CT gals" and, "<Grog> just because they're our best targets"

Quote:
ND xvx went to roid ct, and knowing app will not tolerate this since we didnt tolerate it when omega pulled this.
This partnership has only been existent since this week, and they decided to work together because;

1) As Apprime have been escorting Conspiracy to #1, xVx felt they should give NewDawn the same opportunity.

2) Apprime and Conspiracy attack together almost every night, so why shouldn't xVx/ND do the same.

MaxMiliaN, I think you need to improve on your literacy. For starters, it's 'DLR', not 'DRL'.

Last edited by Clouds; 4 May 2011 at 18:38.
Unread 4 May 2011, 18:44   #40
Donar

Donar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really nice

Quote:

As for Hex and ODDR. For some reason, and maybe we should, sit down and talk to ODDR because since I took over from Stein, greg always seemed to of hated ND for whatever reason! That carried on during my time as HC between the rest of you guys. As for hex, we are straight with hex this round. Last round, we had one instance where a ***** BC lined up a HeX galaxy during a time where we had called a CF between us and ROCK. His mistake made hex retailate. As from what I know now, Hex and ND arent friends, but we arent enemies like ODDR deams us.

Just because we turned on Apprime during the VsN round, doesn't mean we are backstabbers. We got wind of Cardi planning something, and we decided to act accordingly, and I even let the hours of Ceasefire expire before we jumped in to target.
No you are backstabbers because the only and first time we joined your block vs apprime every day went like this, you landed shit and started attacking smaller allies in the block. We had to tell your shit BC's and HC's to quit attacking block members every day.
Unread 4 May 2011, 18:54   #41
DigitalZero
Round 1er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donar View Post
No you are backstabbers because the only and first time we joined your block vs apprime every day went like this, you landed shit and started attacking smaller allies in the block. We had to tell your shit BC's and HC's to quit attacking block members every day.
Which was when? Last round? And from what I can remember about ODDR hitting Apprime last round was Greg's appartment catching on fire and you guys not being able to hit them because of your relationship. Rock hit them though! But then the both of you came again! If it was a different round, enlighten me, because I never recall ODDR hitting Apprime with us since I have been in command.

- 3,4,5 - ND HC

PA-Radio!!!
Unread 4 May 2011, 18:58   #42
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

No offence intended to ND, and some of the people there who I have the greatest of respect for, but you guys really deserve this and I couldn't be more glad it's happened. If it has to happen to TGV as well so be it but for ****s sake ****ing learn something from this.
Unread 4 May 2011, 19:03   #43
t3k
The Video Guy

Quote:
NFI round... we stuck by our friends in NFI the entire round, until THEY backstabbed us when the conversations were drawn about #1 planet.
Nobody backstabbed anybody. We had an agreement, with agreed terms specifying the conditions under which either of us could end the agreement. Those conditions were very strictly adhered to, ergo - there was no act of betrayal. Sure, we fell out over a disagreement, but let's call an orange an orange and leave it at that, hmm?
Unread 4 May 2011, 19:04   #44
Donar

Donar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really nice

Quote:
Which was when? Last round? And from what I can remember about ODDR hitting Apprime last round was Greg's appartment catching on fire and you guys not being able to hit them because of your relationship. Rock hit them though! But then the both of you came again! If it was a different round, enlighten me, because I never recall ODDR hitting Apprime with us since I have been in command.
Did i say you were in command, it dates from rounds back, and since then for some reason you keep hitting us and we keep hitting you.
Unread 4 May 2011, 19:05   #45
DigitalZero
Round 1er

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
No offence intended to ND, and some of the people there who I have the greatest of respect for, but you guys really deserve this and I couldn't be more glad it's happened. If it has to happen to TGV as well so be it but for ****s sake ****ing learn something from this.
thats very understandable too, as I said, I took myself out to give other people a shot; some of the things going on have been questioned by command itself. Now I am soaring a **** it attitude really... I am just going on the general name of ND itself has gotten this rep about it, that I personally am not sure how and why, or where it came from. So I rebut my thoughts! Anyways, grats to app for manipulating another round and winning!

- 3,4,5 - ND HC

PA-Radio!!!
Unread 4 May 2011, 19:06   #46
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Im pretty sure GROSS have no command structure and are all equal and they have been a bitch to land on all round
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2011, 19:07   #47
DigitalZero
Round 1er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
Nobody backstabbed anybody. We had an agreement, with agreed terms specifying the conditions under which either of us could end the agreement. Those conditions were very strictly adhered to, ergo - there was no act of betrayal. Sure, we fell out over a disagreement, but let's call an orange an orange and leave it at that, hmm?
I honestly can agree here, there were no terms of backstabbing presented; mainly just felt that way as we tried to stay friends the entire round until our differences were presented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donar
Did i say you were in command, it dates from rounds back, and since then for some reason you keep hitting us and we keep hitting you.
If I wasnt in command and you are still holding a grudge from over a year ago... then that is pretty silly. I feel then, we should sit down together and start fresh, instead of automatically knowing ODDR will be ND's enemy's in the future. I am all for 1 round politics and to not hold grudges or vendetta's against anyone who wronged me or my alliance.

- 3,4,5 - ND HC

PA-Radio!!!
Unread 4 May 2011, 19:15   #48
Clouds

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
Very wise words.
Unread 4 May 2011, 19:22   #49
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Im pretty sure GROSS have no command structure and are all equal and they have been a bitch to land on all round
Belive me, I know, and they are a bitch to deal with!
Unread 4 May 2011, 19:23   #50
Cain
Awesome

Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

Quote:
I feel then, we should sit down together and start fresh, instead of automatically knowing ODDR will be ND's enemy's in the future. I am all for 1 round politics and to not hold grudges or vendetta's against anyone who wronged me or my alliance.
Haha you might be the only 1 in pa who thinks like this