User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 21 Sep 2010, 15:50   #1
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute
Vacmode / NFI / NewDawn

Hi guys.

Well, seems like conversation has gotten a bit carried away since the last time I was here!

RE: NewDawn

The NAP we had agreed upon (which ND HC 'had' a copy of, but have now conveniently lost) said that our agreed NAP was until PT790, and if we were going to renew it we'd need to do so 48 hours before hand. No such renewal agreement was made with any NFI HC.

I only mention it, as DigiZero even commented on this in pm the day I'd announced we were going to end the nap. I'm at work (more on that later) just now so can't c/p the exact logs, but it went something along the lines of:

DZ: "We were only napped until PT790 anyway, so why don't you just hit us now?" (trying to encourage me to start hostilities without the 16-hour agreed cool-off period.

I also don't intent to make much of a fuss over the fact that you actually got 17 hours to prep rather than 16! <3

I can't remember who mentioned it on the other thread, but whoever it was said "if the NAP was meant to be indefinite, why was there a 16-hour end agreement?". Something that everyone in NewDawn ignored, conveniently.

But yeah, it wasn't 'backstabbing' as we gave you notice of termination. It might not be pleasant, but we didn't do anything that wasn't in the terms of our NAP. Get over it.

Besides, you have something new to whine about now!

Last night I was talking to Tzu and our RL commitments for the upcoming week. Turns out, neither of us have the time to spare this week in running the alliance. Given the strength of the position we were in and the unlikelyhood of anything changing, we didn't see the point in actually playing the last week.

We told everyone to vacmode for the rest of the round and enjoy the extra time off. Some people went straight in, others were planning on doing after fleets returned and others wanted to stick around and def those who didn't want to go into vacmode (various reasons).

And we didn't want to spend more money on sms credit, as including credits, phone calls, skype and sms credits, we've spent what must be close to £400 now (not an exaggerated figure). It's been very costly, but hey - looks like one more investment is required to see us out now. Shit happens.

That's pretty much all there is to it.

The next 3 nights should be interesting anyway!

NewDawn, friends kk?
Unread 21 Sep 2010, 15:55   #2
nolezy
Class Clown

nolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nice
Re: Vacmode / NFI / NewDawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
The next 3 nights should be interesting anyway!
Wait.. are we getting taken out? Do I actually have to play again? Aww man

edit: quotingizhard, k?
nolezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2010, 15:56   #3
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah lol.
Unread 21 Sep 2010, 16:00   #4
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

still a few nfi ppl in top10, time to take em down with others in vac mode i guess
Unread 21 Sep 2010, 16:25   #5
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
The NAP we had agreed upon (which ND HC 'had' a copy of, but have now conveniently lost) said that our agreed NAP was until PT790, and if we were going to renew it we'd need to do so 48 hours before hand. No such renewal agreement was made with any NFI HC.
Funny that you didn't mention this before. Even more funny that you said the opposite of this before. Several times. Also funny that ND didn't mention this before. Not even when you were still napped and termination wasn't even on the table.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2010, 16:28   #6
t3k
The Video Guy

Nuh-uh.

And it took me a while to find the logs of DZ saying it; I thought he'd said it whilst I was on webirc and hadn't logged it.

You ask NewDawn what our actual agreement was - they must still have it somewhere!
Unread 21 Sep 2010, 16:36   #7
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Quote:
RE: NewDawn...
Talk about flogging a dead horse: everyone who is interested has made up their minds, nothing anyone says will change them now.

Quote:
And we didn't want to spend more money on sms credit, as including credits, phone calls, skype and sms credits, we've spent what must be close to £400 now (not an exaggerated figure). It's been very costly, but hey - looks like one more investment is required to see us out now. Shit happens.
While I, as a poor PhD student, sympathize with the costs involved Its still pretty lame; you could easily have withstood slightly increased losses that would come with clamping down on phoning and sms usage.
Unread 21 Sep 2010, 16:39   #8
Marka
xVx

Marka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really nice

Quote:
Last night I was talking to Tzu and our RL commitments for the upcoming week. Turns out, neither of us have the time to spare this week in running the alliance. Given the strength of the position we were in and the unlikelyhood of anything changing, we didn't see the point in actually playing the last week.

We told everyone to vacmode for the rest of the round and enjoy the extra time off. Some people went straight in, others were planning on doing after fleets returned and others wanted to stick around and def those who didn't want to go into vacmode (various reasons).
Given that you were not alone in this block. What did you expect to happen to App and CT. Or did you give them a heads up on this?
If not leaving them without most of the firepower on the opposite side of an angry mob is pretty low.
Unread 21 Sep 2010, 16:51   #9
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marka View Post
Given that you were not alone in this block. What did you expect to happen to App and CT. Or did you give them a heads up on this?
If not leaving them without most of the firepower on the opposite side of an angry mob is pretty low.
Sounds like kenny couldn't give a flying **** to me.
Then again thats what happens when you make an arrangement with NFI.
Unread 21 Sep 2010, 17:05   #10
Firebird

No warning this is why i ended NAP before i get accused of breaking my word.
Unread 21 Sep 2010, 17:10   #11
t3k
The Video Guy

Not at all, Firebird. You do what makes you/yours happy, dude.

Same goes for CT.
Unread 21 Sep 2010, 17:11   #12
t3k
The Video Guy

Quote:
According to NewDawn it was 7 vs 2 in NFI's favour. All I'm saying is that I've yet to hear anyone mention it being 6 vs 2 post-vaca.
Unread 21 Sep 2010, 17:34   #13
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Nuh-uh.
Really? You're going to make me look up your quotes? Alrighty then:

First, the setup, during the age of the NAP:
Quote:
I wont hit anyone I have a NAP with, unless they cancel it first with the intention of hitting us, nor do I intend to target an entire alliance who I'm not at war with.

So that covers ND/CT/Osi, to the best of my knowledge.

We told ND when we made our NAP that we'd not target them or break the nap, but if they beat us by roiding more effectively then credit where credit's due etc.

Quote me, make a note of the date and time of this post if you'd like, but yes - that's what I'm saying.
Quote:
Just because we have not set an end time and date doesn't mean that it's going to last forever, nor does it mean that NFI having no intention of ending the NAP by any specific timetable[.]

You stuck with those statements when NFI announced that you were ending the nap:
Quote:
Yes, we backed out of a previous promise to maintain nap until round end.

But then it turned out that position couldn't be held, and you changed your stance to:
Quote:
I acted on information that I was about to be stabbed in the back by taking countermeasures and ending the agreement on our terms. That is going against what I originally said I guess.
Quote:
We stayed true to ours for as long as we were confident the other side was staying true to theirs.

And finally, having had a couple of days to really get the imagination going:
Quote:
I can only assume you've been under the influence of mind-altering chemicals during several bouts of AD activity. I sure am looking forward which of your statements you'll deny next!
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 21 Sep 2010, 17:36   #14
Marka
xVx

Marka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really nice

Quote:
According to NewDawn it was 7 vs 2 in NFI's favour. All I'm saying is that I've yet to hear anyone mention it being 6 vs 2 post-vaca.
Where did you get that 7 vs. 2 number? All I heard from ND was 4 vs them, which seems fairly accurate.
Concerning T10 allies, it was 4 (or 5? not sure what Osi did) on NFI side vs 3 on ND side.

But my comment has absolutely nothing to do with ND. It is more about general behavior. You fight a war together with other alliances. Suddenly you decide to drop out without warning, removing a considerable part of firepower, while the enemy block remains as strong as it was. The logical result of this is that your allies will get bashed. Two possibly conclusions:
1) You don't give a fart about your allies
2) You don't think about the consequences of your actions for a sec

If you want to play a self-centered alliance that is ok - really. But your behavior the last few weeks send out a seriously strong warning towards any potential nap candidate you might've hoped for next round. I am wondering if there is anyone left...
Unread 21 Sep 2010, 17:37   #15
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Agreed.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2010, 17:40   #16
t3k
The Video Guy

RE: mz

All of them, I gave my forum account info to CBA for this round. He's been posting under my name.

You have the kinda time that I do not, mz - hence the vacmode decision.

I think it's important to point out that I've never said anything I haven't thought at the time (intentions of sticking by newdawn included) - it's just over a period of time one's mind is liable to change.

And that last quote you made is 100% true, and isn't about what I do/do not intend/feel/believe but is what the actual agreement was. Is there any point in me posting logs of the conversation with DZ, or would the overall consensus be that I'd faked them?
Unread 21 Sep 2010, 17:58   #17
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
I gave my forum account info to CBA for this round.
No, you didn't. The evidence, which you forget I have access to, is against it.

Quote:
I think it's important to point out that I've never said anything I haven't thought at the time (intentions of sticking by newdawn included) - it's just over a period of time one's mind is liable to change.
You cannot, in hindsight, change the motivation that caused you to have a certain opinion or take a certain action, only the justification for it. It's no coincidence that this (the latter) is exactly what I'm accusing you of, with substantial evidence to back it up, none of which you've managed to refute.

I can only assume the laughable attempt you made in the quote above was intended to do exactly that (to induce laughter, that is (haha)).

Quote:
Is there any point in me posting logs of the conversation with DZ, or would the overall consensus be that I'd faked them?
Personally, no, I wouldn't be persuaded by them. Here's why. When the NAP was announced, you had no reason to lie. In fact, both NFI and ND had a lot to gain by stating the nap was only temporary. You may not have realised this, but Tzu certainly would have. Now on the other hand you have all the reason in the world to do so, in an effort to justify (see, there it is again) your actions and make yourself look better.

In any case it doesn't matter when you lied, just that you did it. Either you lied when the nap was formed or you lied when you broke the nap or you lied a few days after breaking the nap or you're lying now.
Unread 21 Sep 2010, 18:02   #18
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
In any case it doesn't matter when you lied, just that you did it. Either you lied when the nap was formed or you lied when you broke the nap or you lied a few days after breaking the nap or you're lying now.
Checkmate?
Unread 21 Sep 2010, 18:02   #19
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Quote:
All of them, I gave my forum account info to CBA for this round. He's been posting under my name.
LOL, if thats true then it does not say much for your judgment, CBA is so well known for being eloquent and erudite in his posting! no offense but he does not do his own PR very well let alone an alliances... if its not then thats no better.
Unread 21 Sep 2010, 18:07   #20
Kafir
Retired

Kafir is infamous around these parts

Before i looked at [NFI] with respect and grin on my face.. Now all the good things have taken away and i'm sad. I hate you Kenny!
Kafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2010, 18:08   #21
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Oh man, I missed this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planetarion Universe page -> Feed
Relation Change 1096 Apprime has decided to end its alliance with [NFI].
Relation Change 1096 Conspiracy has decided to end its alliance with [NFI].
Unread 21 Sep 2010, 18:24   #22
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Why are people even surprised, Kenny's shit, has always been shit and I doubt I've ever seen anyone get owned in the face this hard since I donkey punched his mum 6 years ago.
Go team mz!
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2010, 18:27   #23
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Best. Round. Ever.
Unread 21 Sep 2010, 19:54   #24
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
RE: mz

Where are the multihunters? Clear cut admission of accountsharing!
Unread 21 Sep 2010, 21:05   #25
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough

The towel just dropped.

Going into vac mode because ppl start breaking naps and leaving half the alliance defenseless is über pro I guess.

I wish I could be like Kenny.

Btw it's a failed attempt to make a unique move in PA history. It just failed as it's lame.

And...

Relation Change Ascendancy and the Horde are now at war with each other.
Korsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2010, 22:23   #26
Aki
wtf?
Spy Hunter Champion

Aki can only hope to improve

just for a clarification, it was never an attempt to be original

always Ðragons, always dfa!

auah[
Aki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2010, 22:31   #27
t3k
The Video Guy

I honestly thought the comment about giving CBA my account details would be taken as the throw-away quip it was meant to be.
Unread 21 Sep 2010, 22:39   #28
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

this entire situation is retarded. going into vacmode, being removed with barely any notice. failure to disable vacmode in the first place. its just tons of retardedness piled ontop of tons more.
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2010, 23:02   #29
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aki View Post
just for a clarification, it was never an attempt to be original
Personally I just assumed this was the culmination of all those elite ******** skills shining through...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate
this entire situation is retarded. going into vacmode, being removed with barely any notice. failure to disable vacmode in the first place. its just tons of retardedness piled ontop of tons more.
Let's be ****ing honest here. Everyone who has played more than 2 rounds of pa knew vac mode not being removed was a simple oversight. It would have been quite simple to just pm pateam and remind them once you realised this. But fair enough you didn't want to and nobody can force you to.

However you have not a leg to stand on in relation to your whining. Either you were perfectly satisfied with the arbitrary removal of vac mode in every previous round (which just happened to occur at the same time each round!) or you knew that vac mode was removed with a week to go each round and decided **** it, I'm going for it and damn the consequences. Either way pateam could have dicked you all far more, my personal favourite would have been removing vac mode as an option but leaving everyone who'd gone in already in vac mode.
Unread 21 Sep 2010, 23:28   #30
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
But fair enough you didn't want to and nobody can force you to.
If you really wanted to be nasty, you could classify this oversight as a bug, and nail them on the report-bugs-you-find clause of the EULA.
Unread 21 Sep 2010, 23:30   #31
t3k
The Video Guy

In what way could you classify it as a bug, exactly?
Unread 22 Sep 2010, 00:20   #32
Auto
Ultimate PA n00b

Auto is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I honestly thought the comment about giving CBA my account details would be taken as the throw-away quip it was meant to be.
I guess everything you say need to be taken as "the throw-away quip it was meant to be"
If I was you Kenny, I would find a big black hole to hide in, shouldn't be too hard, every time you say something your mouth digging it deeper and deeper
Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2010, 02:45   #33
Aki
wtf?
Spy Hunter Champion

Aki can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
Personally I just assumed this was the culmination of all those elite ******** skills shining through...
tbh, after doing so well with ****ing our enemies over, we realy felt we couldnt stop there so we ****ed our friends over and then, ultimately; we ****ed ourselves over.

it never had anything to do with getting the win or showing any kind of skills, it was all a matter of going with the flow we had

always Ðragons, always dfa!

auah[
Aki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2010, 06:33   #34
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

this is as bug as the bug why Korsan and his gal got closed down; tho ure abusement of it is far bigger, as u didnt report it while Korsan did :P
Unread 22 Sep 2010, 08:17   #35
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
In what way could you classify it as a bug, exactly?
A bug doesn't necessarily have to be a failure in code, it can be a (human) failure in a procedure aswell. In this case, it was known to every experienced player that vacmode gets removed every round in the last week (normally between 144 and 180 ticks before round end), so you might speak of a failure in the procedure here as it had not been done.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2010, 08:21   #36
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Stuff like this is exactly why I left NFI after being in their priv channel for half an hour before round started...

Still, looking forward to NFI's victory speech at EORC (and all of the nicktalking)

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2010, 09:31   #37
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

The Ascendancy troll squad trolling some more. FYI if Asc had done this, it woulda been leet

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2010, 09:55   #38
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

The Apprime Retired Division of Speshuls approve of this thread.
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2010, 10:29   #39
t3k
The Video Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
A bug doesn't necessarily have to be a failure in code, it can be a (human) failure in a procedure aswell. In this case, it was known to every experienced player that vacmode gets removed every round in the last week (normally between 144 and 180 ticks before round end), so you might speak of a failure in the procedure here as it had not been done.
See I can see that you're saying the words, but you're talking utter shit. A 'bug' can not be a failure in procedure. If a referee in a football match forgets to blow his whistle for full time and the match keeps playing an extra 10 minutes, and somebody scores - the goal is not stricken from the scoreline.

You think because every experienced football player should know that a match is 90 minutes means that they should stop trying to score?

This was not a bug in any sense of the word, it was PATeam forgetting to do something. It doesn't matter what happens any other round, or whether they intended to do something. It was pure human error and I have absolutely no problem taking advantage of that, and anyone who says they would is talking balls.
Unread 22 Sep 2010, 10:48   #40
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
See I can see that you're saying the words, but you're talking utter shit. A 'bug' can not be a failure in procedure. If a referee in a football match forgets to blow his whistle for full time and the match keeps playing an extra 10 minutes, and somebody scores - the goal is not stricken from the scoreline.

You think because every experienced football player should know that a match is 90 minutes means that they should stop trying to score?
That's because FIFA has decided that they should not deal with such errors afterwards. Not because it's necessarily the right way to deal with such errors.

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2010, 10:57   #41
t3k
The Video Guy

No, it's because they know the fault would lie with the refereee (Apoccomaster) and not with the players (NFI).
Unread 22 Sep 2010, 11:11   #42
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
No, it's because they know the fault would lie with the refereee (Apoccomaster) and not with the players (NFI).
No, it's because they don't want to put the referee's authority in question. Just like how if a referee yellow cards a player, or even just calls for a free kick, for something that should be given a red card + a temporary ban, they don't do anything about it.

Unread 22 Sep 2010, 11:20   #43
t3k
The Video Guy

Which still doesn't place any kind of blame on the players for playing the final 10 minutes of the "extended" match. But I fear we're digressing somewhat.
Unread 22 Sep 2010, 11:36   #44
Linkie
fanboy

Quote:
Which still doesn't place any kind of blame on the players for playing the final 10 minutes of the "extended" match. But I fear we're digressing somewhat.
No, we're not. We've just shown that your example of how football does it is not necessarily applicable to Planetarion.

Unread 22 Sep 2010, 11:38   #45
Mzyxptlk
mz.

I honestly thought the comment about calling it a bug would be taken as the throw-away quip it was meant to be! Guess I'm not quite the accomplished comedian I thought I was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
The Ascendancy troll squad trolling some more. FYI if Asc had done this, it woulda been leet
Did you read the post where I said by how big a margin Ascendancy rejected the poll about going into vacation mode?
Unread 22 Sep 2010, 12:05   #46
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

I always get a kick out of these threads at the end of each orund... it's always "someone's an a**h0L3, someone's a genious, someone screwed someone etc..... always a fun read.. so thank you everyone LOL
Unread 22 Sep 2010, 12:06   #47
t3k
The Video Guy

Wow mz, that was an awful post.
Unread 22 Sep 2010, 13:15   #48
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
No it wouldn't have. I have always told anyone in Ascendancy that if they go into vacation mode to avoid incs they're a ****ing faggot. It's pretty much the only case of "exploitation" of any aspect of the game I've always condemned. Why? Because it's not that you're using it to do better at the game. You're using it to avoid playing the game. And if you want to do that there's an easier solution. Don't sign up asshole.

Good to see the inferiority complex going strong though. Maybe by round 48 people will have stopped measuring themselves against us!
Unread 22 Sep 2010, 13:19   #49
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by neroon View Post
this is as bug as the bug why Korsan and his gal got closed down; tho ure abusement of it is far bigger, as u didnt report it while Korsan did :P
Yeah and I remember how Kenny, who was in same alliance as me backstabbed and b*tched on me all the time about it...
You just made a clown out of yourself. Congratulations

And...

Relation Change Ascendancy and the Horde are now at war with each other.
Korsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2010, 14:37   #50
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

ManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkie View Post
That's because FIFA has decided that they should not deal with such errors afterwards. Not because it's necessarily the right way to deal with such errors.
Hijacked .... or its because soccer sucks :P
ManiacMagic is offline   Reply With Quote