User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 1 Jul 2010, 14:10   #1
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all
what happened to ND

I haven't played for a few rounds so this might be a dumb question, but i am gonna ask it anyway.

ND are napped with asc so i understand why they are not roiding them, but why have they just turned to easy targets instead?

they have a decent chance to win the round if they stuck at hitting apprime whilst app (and a few others) are busy hitting asc.

Instead, they hit easy targets get very little score gain and will end up just getting a mediocre finish in 3rd place.

ISnt this a bit lacking in ambition??
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2010, 14:19   #2
VampiriA
Retired

VampiriA is on a distinguished road
Re: what happened to ND

well, ND was never known to be a "brave" alliance.. they thought prolly easy roids, stay out of the politics. although technically they are right in the middle of this so called war at the moment.

its like putting your head in the sand, and thinking everything will go ok, no one will hit me. lol

but hey, GL with that

Apprime supreme hc, above MaxMilliaN
VampiriA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2010, 14:23   #3
Vistion
RL PALS WITH TRUMP

Vistion can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampiriA View Post

its like putting your head in the sand, and thinking everything will go ok, no one will hit me. lol
Ahhh yes, you know a lot about sand so i wont dispute that!! ND has not had proper incs all round if they were to try and do something major they would be destroyed and crumble. They are playing it smart by getting easy roids and playing it safe in hopes that they can out roid people and their current roid lead will be enough to just gain the victory slowly.
Vistion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2010, 14:26   #4
Reese
If not never; then once.

Reese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
I haven't played for a few rounds so this might be a dumb question, but i am gonna ask it anyway.

ND are napped with asc so i understand why they are not roiding them, but why have they just turned to easy targets instead?

they have a decent chance to win the round if they stuck at hitting apprime whilst app (and a few others) are busy hitting asc.

Instead, they hit easy targets get very little score gain and will end up just getting a mediocre finish in 3rd place.

ISnt this a bit lacking in ambition??

They did, they hit an app gal and a random gal last night. And ND HC have said they don't want to win the round, they only want to maintain their nap with ASC so they don't get any incoming themself, and hope for 2nd place. So I guess if you call that lacking in ambition, then yes.
Unread 1 Jul 2010, 14:27   #5
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

well App could just turn on ND and hit them if they wanted easy roids

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2010, 14:28   #6
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese View Post
They did, they hit an app gal and a random gal last night. And ND HC have said they don't want to win the round, they only want to maintain their nap with ASC so they don't get any incoming themself, and hope for 2nd place. So I guess if you call that lacking in ambition, then yes.
i would call that a pretty accurate description of lacking ambition.

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Unread 1 Jul 2010, 14:52   #7
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't ND the typical no ambition alliance?
Last round they tried to napped #1 ally when they were #2,
This round they've almost napped everybody,...

But it's ok since they're "not playing to win", they're just playing to waste potential appearantly

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2010, 15:11   #8
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem! View Post
Isn't ND the typical no ambition alliance?
Last round they tried to napped #1 ally when they were #2,
This round they've almost napped everybody,...

But it's ok since they're "not playing to win", they're just playing to waste potential appearantly
Still the same as 25-30 rounds ago then aye.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2010, 15:26   #9
LordNieminen
Finn.. who's drunk.

LordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of light

ND stopped playing for win, when we breaked the NAP with Apprime this round that early.

Simple as that.

Personally:

Now it's more like, let's let the others bash themselfs, us or whoever they want. Or did someone actually believe they need more than 2 alliances to hit asc, the others can get their easy score / roids. We don't need to contribute to that by breaking another NAP. Asc has been papertiger due to their race combinations and galaxies whole round and value won't fix it, as it's single targetting round.

Not to mention ND is suffering atm end of round syndroma, we got like half of players just idling home, maybe even 60% just waiting the round to end as it's boring and difficult as hell to land on anything what isn't getting gang banged.
r9.5: Top60(small playerbase=easy)
Few won R's in PIA, r26 top15 First/Last Pax round.
[OLMIT] / [TreKronor]
10 lines max for signature I heard.. so
LordNieminen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2010, 15:28   #10
Reincarnate
ToF

i am not suggesting ND break nap with asc, quite the opposite.

also, everyone has "end of round fever" and lotsa inactive members, so dont use that easy excuse.

Unread 1 Jul 2010, 18:49   #11
DigitalZero
Round 1er

DigitalZero will become famous soon enoughDigitalZero will become famous soon enough

why does ND get the finger when the universe currently looks like this:

Conspiracy:
-Evolution
- NewDawn
- Osiris

Evolution:
-Conspiracy
-NewDawn
-Osiris
-xVx

Osiris:
-Conspiracy
-Evolution
-NewDawn
-xVx

NewDawn:
-Conspiracy
-Evolution
-eXiIition
-Osiris

The other top alliances are the same way? Why do people just say, ND naps the universe when we weren't napped to ANY of these until after politics formed. We made a pact with asc to stick beside them from the beginning with timed naps here and there. We worked with them from the get go attacking people who attacked us and them. Once APP became involved on our side (semi forcefully due to the other side blocking), we gave them a shot. Needless to say I got fed up for being the lapdog to carDi to getting them in the #1 position. We created raids with them all and app would ground fleets not sending them with us, and they would defend vs. us. Clearly not helping ND, but ND helping app by, once carDi comes alive, says hit Osiris, signs off... and we hit the alliances we didn't want too, I feel forced into letting app take the win. That wasn't going to happen, especially after threats made towards ND about app breaking the nap, bla bla bla. So we did what we had to. After a few people came to me saying app was most likely going to break our nap and hit us the coming weekend, we did what we had too, and instead of getting evo/osi/ct/app incs, we flipped (keeping our ties with asc close) thus hitting app with evo/osi and company.

Now that app has turned on asc, politics shift again, and we will see. If you look at our alliance as laying down and just letting 3rd place happen, then thats fine. We still are a top alliance after 37 rounds of being here, and to take this kind of verbal heat all the time is completely ridiculous. We never have been a hardcore alliance, that is what keeps us solid. If we have members that can't pull weight to make us a number 1 alliance, there is no sense getting hardcore about it. We have to see, would I like #1, ofc I would, but when you have a portion of an alliance with top members, and a portion that either crashes or doesn't care due to whatever reasons, in the end of the day, we are all still proud to be ND, and not continuing to jump allies, make new allies, etc... to have a good time.

Round 1 - 6: NewDawn
- 3,4,5 - ND HC
Round 7: NeMeSiS
Round 8,9: ND..then retired
Round 12: return to PA. NewDawn
Round 13 - Present: NewDawn, 35+ HC.

PA-Radio!!!
DigitalZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2010, 19:03   #12
williams

williams is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: what happened to ND

Digitalzero is clearly a man of intelligence and well spoken words. Nothing more to add
williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2010, 19:24   #13
Reincarnate
ToF

a the danger of repeating myself, i never said you should "politics shift" and attack asc. i am saying you seem to hate apprime (espeically cardi) at the moment, so why not punish them for using you so badly?

Unread 1 Jul 2010, 19:39   #14
DigitalZero
Round 1er

DigitalZero will become famous soon enoughDigitalZero will become famous soon enough

thats why we joined the block, but now it seems they have a different plan, we will see how it pans out.

Round 1 - 6: NewDawn
- 3,4,5 - ND HC
Round 7: NeMeSiS
Round 8,9: ND..then retired
Round 12: return to PA. NewDawn
Round 13 - Present: NewDawn, 35+ HC.

PA-Radio!!!
DigitalZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2010, 19:41   #15
Reese
If not never; then once.

Reese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud of

Quote:
a the danger of repeating myself, i never said you should "politics shift" and attack asc. i am saying you seem to hate apprime (espeically cardi) at the moment, so why not punish them for using you so badly?
Why don't you go check sandmans....
Unread 1 Jul 2010, 20:13   #16
Reincarnate
ToF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese View Post
Why don't you go check sandmans....
and look at what exactly?

Unread 2 Jul 2010, 01:57   #17
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I will not tolerate continued racial slurs, veiled or not veiled.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2010, 04:11   #18
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
I will not tolerate continued racial slurs, veiled or not veiled.
Go do your clog-dance in between the windmills, toker-man.
Unread 2 Jul 2010, 09:32   #19
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalZero View Post
why does ND get the finger when the universe currently looks like this:
Because someone "purposely" pointed the attention towards you. It's all part of the political game really.

FA Gaming community

Unread 2 Jul 2010, 17:30   #20
Reincarnate
ToF

i am just trying to work out the mentality of ND. just seems weird to me, but then i am noob.

Unread 3 Jul 2010, 00:35   #21
Chuck

Chuck is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistion View Post
Ahhh yes, you know a lot about sand so i wont dispute that!! ND has not had proper incs all round if they were to try and do something major they would be destroyed and crumble. They are playing it smart by getting easy roids and playing it safe in hopes that they can out roid people and their current roid lead will be enough to just gain the victory slowly.
That's why everyday on sandmans Top Planet Bashings belongs to them.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2010, 23:57   #22
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistion View Post
With a 20k roid lead making them 25% bigger than their nearest rival, it will be anything but slow.

Obviously they'll sit out combat, and they are in a box seat right now. If ND avoid incs it'll be some achievement - my suggestion is that the best way to that is to take the initiative while they're still behind is to get a friend and attack someone before someone goes after them. And don't ****ing crash.

Last edited by lokken; 4 Jul 2010 at 00:03.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2010, 07:33   #23
LordNieminen
Finn.. who's drunk.

LordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks to PA score system, single targetting with defencive stats and round ending, 20k roids is pretty small amount in the end when u got almost twice the numbers of score counting players in the tag. We got "small" amount of our roid income wasted.

Only top50 counts for score... Our roids are evenly spreaded out between our players due to the low ranked galaxy bashings and good defence vs random incomings to our players in small/random galaxies, as our smallest value players cap the most and haven't been loosing them.. I barely get 10% cap if I land anything these days.
[OLMIT] / [TreKronor]
Unread 6 Jul 2010, 02:32   #24
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

ND = No Desire?
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2010, 11:30   #25
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

lol at Newdawn winning the round by NAPing every single top alliance in the universe, ALL ROUND!

This has reached an all time low... can someone please stop this comedyshow and roid them to the ground where they belong.
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2010, 12:38   #26
rUl3r

rUl3r has a spectacular aura aboutrUl3r has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNzI View Post
This has reached an all time low... can someone please stop this comedyshow and roid them to the ground where they belong.
More like.. can everyone just stop it and turn on ND? Might turn into an interesting race - which top ally can gain most roids and score off ND during the last week
rUl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2010, 12:53   #27
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by rUl3r View Post
More like.. can everyone just stop it and turn on ND? Might turn into an interesting race - which top ally can gain most roids and score off ND during the last week
Apprime Emo Squad approve of this suggestion.
Unread 6 Jul 2010, 13:01   #28
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

Read LordN's post; ND really aren't as an attractive target as the tag rankings make out. They have a large amount of average planets.

I suggest tag rankings should be changed so that roid count is that of only the t50 based on score, so as to reflect the score of the tag.
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2010, 13:35   #29
Reese
If not never; then once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellonweb View Post
Read LordN's post; ND really aren't as an attractive target as the tag rankings make out. They have a large amount of average planets.

I suggest tag rankings should be changed so that roid count is that of only the t50 based on score, so as to reflect the score of the tag.

Yes. Most people hate hitting low valued planets with 600-1000 roids.

If you actually look at ND intel, they have pretty good roids throughout their entire member base, and with all those naps, why wouldn't they, they get almost no "real" incoming. Don't be fooled into thinking only their top planets have roids. They have 90000+ roids. Thats an average over 900 each. From our intel, they only have 5 planets in their top 80 under 450 roids.

I suggest tag ratings count everyone in the tag. Maybe that would solve this problem.
Unread 6 Jul 2010, 13:37   #30
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
lol at Newdawn winning the round by NAPing every single top alliance in the universe, ALL ROUND!

The return of Captain Hyperbole!

For the sake of objectivity ND aren't as attractive as the rankings make out obviously. They're about the same as Evolution, 23/24 t100 size planets and 13 t50 size for both alliances.
Unread 6 Jul 2010, 14:09   #31
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Thumbs up Re: what happened to ND

Quote:

At this point, the only way Apprime are going to stand a chance of winning is by going after that huge stack of roids and provoking a few crashes on them. I can't believe that the whole universe is relying on an ND NAP for survival for the rest of the round, it can't be beyond them to do this.

As for ND strategy please refer to this post:

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showpo...7&postcount=99

Basically I'm saying that they need to avoid war for as long as possible, and then if they don't **** up they will stand a chance of winning. On the basis of the criteria I laid down above, I think they are doing fine. This is just how not-so-good alliances can win planetarion, by playing to their limitations. If Apprime are upset with the situation, they can take the initiative. If Apprime are scared of getting massacred themselves, then ND have won because Apprime made themselves deeply unpopular again and their political strategy has been superior.
Unread 6 Jul 2010, 15:57   #32
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light

A ND win is more a vote against Apprime (and Ascendancy) for past transgressions than it is a vote for the excellence of ND.

Heaven forbid that people whom you treat like shit might not gladly further your goals. That almost sounds like this rule found in almost every culture, name has something to do with gold I think...
Unread 6 Jul 2010, 17:06   #33
lokken
BlueTuba

pissing people off unnecessarily is a cardinal sin in this game.
Unread 6 Jul 2010, 17:14   #34
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

Cookies for lokken
Unread 6 Jul 2010, 17:49   #35
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Nice one lokken
Unread 6 Jul 2010, 18:37   #36
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
A ND win is more a vote against Apprime (and Ascendancy) for past transgressions than it is a vote for the excellence of ND.

Heaven forbid that people whom you treat like shit might not gladly further your goals. That almost sounds like this rule found in almost every culture, name has something to do with gold I think...
Acrashersayzwat?
Unread 6 Jul 2010, 19:17   #37
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
Acrashersayzwat?
AcrashersayzIstillfinishaheadofyou!
Unread 6 Jul 2010, 22:14   #38
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
A peach of a come back
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2010, 22:54   #39
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

The round isn't over yet. Personally I can only say that I'm in a pretty cool position where I just don't at all care about who wins (Though obviously there are people in Ascendancy who seem to want to win). I'm pretty indifferent to whether ND wins or somebody else, they played the way they had to play and I'm okay with that. If anyone has a problem with it, they need to step up and fix it themselves. A NAP has two sides, not one.

Even so I think ND have played it pretty well, but there's one limitation in their situation right now, they have naps everywhere so they can't really do any great XP landings the last week, which is fairly unique. On the other hand, I think everyone in the top 4 are in reasonably good positions for a win. Evolution only have 8 million points up to the lead - that's not a lot, and I know that if I cared about alliance ranks I'd be motivated to play for the win from that position. Apprime took a beating today but aren't really in a much worse situation than Ascendancy are right now, and they have fewer tasty targets and more possible xp landings to boot.

I'd say Osiris would be able to take it too but I don't think they have the fighting spirit and the political grace they'd need.

It's a pretty open round, but I won't go as far as to call it good. It feels too bland, and it's way too short and the horrible galaxy setup has a huge impact on the enjoyment of playing.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2010, 00:47   #40
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
I'd have said something back but then I saw paisley supported you and knew nothing I said could even come close to being that horrifying.
Unread 7 Jul 2010, 13:49   #41
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
i am just trying to work out the mentality of ND. just seems weird to me, but then i am noob.
n00b enough to see that ND aren't the ones there with most naps. Why are you only "asking" (complaining) about ND?
Unread 7 Jul 2010, 14:28   #42
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buly View Post
n00b enough to see that ND aren't the ones there with most naps. Why are you only "asking" (complaining) about ND?
Actually, they share first place with Evolution and Osiris.

Except if you count the insidious The Dark Side, of course.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 7 Jul 2010, 15:44   #43
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
I'd have said something back but then I saw paisley supported you and knew nothing I said could even come close to being that horrifying.
Suntzu1JBG0

On topic ... Nice to have a potentally 2-5 horse race to the finish line.
As lok said about CarDinal sins is pretty much on the nose.
ND hoping the big hit on them is postponed as long as possible.
Asc still keeping a decent roid count despite heavy incs.

Might just be an Interesting week.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2010, 01:40   #44
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Actually, they share first place with Evolution and Osiris.

Except if you count the insidious The Dark Side, of course.
Never said they had less than others either!
Unread 8 Jul 2010, 06:03   #45
Mzyxptlk
mz.

What is this, the pedantics forum? Come on, man.
Unread 8 Jul 2010, 11:14   #46
LordNieminen
Finn.. who's drunk.

Quote:
What is this, the pedantics forum? Come on, man.
Politics is all about how people see it, not all of us are smart enough to see da facts.
[OLMIT] / [TreKronor]
Unread 8 Jul 2010, 11:44   #47
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordNieminen View Post
Politics is all about how people see it, not all of us are smart enough to see da facts.
Perception has very little to do with intelligence though. More often then not, the way someone perceives something (also in politics) is defined by his/her own beliefs, moral values or intention.

Ignorance however is also a form of perception

FA Gaming community

Unread 8 Jul 2010, 13:48   #48
JonnyBGood
Banned

It's been a good round in my opinion. Certainly didn't go as anyone could have predicted pre-round which is pretty cool.
Unread 8 Jul 2010, 13:58   #49
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnybgood View Post
it's been a good round in my opinion. Certainly didn't go as anyone could have predicted pre-round which is pretty cool.

captain hyperbole disagrees.
Unread 8 Jul 2010, 16:22   #50
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Quote:
captain hyperbole disagrees.
Captain hyperbole was at least in the predictions thread agreeing with Light who predicted the following order:

1. Elusive (Osiris).
2. Asc
3. Apprime.
4. ND.

The proof.