User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 30 Jun 2010, 21:59   #1
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
If I could make three changes to Planetarion, they'd be .....

Looking for (preferably specific) ideas for what changes players would like to see in the next rounds.

Yes yes, I know there's a lot that can and should be done

It can be as small as "you know, i've always thought <x> button was in the wrong place" or as big as .... well, whatever.
Unread 30 Jun 2010, 22:10   #2
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Re: If I could make three changes to Planetarion, they'd be .....

More "instant gratification" things to do between ticks would be great.

Go re-read threads on the private forum as there's loads of stuff in there

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2010, 22:13   #3
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

1) Structure rebalance: reduce dist CU to 900 and cost to 750, reduce amp cost to 1500, decrease FC cost to 1000.

2) More GUI, more better. I pasted some things to Cin, he knows what I'm talking about.

3) Quest page.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2010, 22:18   #4
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

1) Quest page finish out the rewards and give things more than just roids/xp/resources ie ships,constuctions, research.

2) Things to do between ticks for resources/xp/ships etc...

3) change the value capping of roids you should be able to cap more than 25% if you are a small guy roiding a big guy. so instead of it just being 1 way make it both way.
Tiamat101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2010, 22:19   #5
ruxu
In search of Cliffs

ruxu is on a distinguished road

1) Remove salvage (and benefit defenders in other way, maybe multiplier to armor/res/damage)
2) Remove donations
3) Have rounds where everyone goes random and there is no exile (also blocking somehow people clsing planets and re-starting again to get into preferred galaxy)

2 first points should remove most of controversial (cheating?) stuff from PA.
Unread 30 Jun 2010, 22:23   #6
Cowch
Moo

Cowch is on a distinguished road

As a way to reward battle: Give xp for destroying enemy value to both attacker and defender. Then offer some way for xp to be converted to value, either as resources, constructions or research.

More details: http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=198750

Last edited by Cowch; 30 Jun 2010 at 22:41. Reason: pimping my thread
Cowch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2010, 22:28   #7
Jadman69

Jadman69 is an unknown quantity at this point

make use of population growth and actul numbers would be cool!!
Jadman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2010, 22:29   #8
bytelover
Banned

bytelover will become famous soon enoughbytelover will become famous soon enough

pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=198559
main point: def page for galaxy
bytelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2010, 22:31   #9
Firebird

An idea if were going to stick with the same system for gal i believe only the top 10 in random gals should count towards galaxy rank looking at the past 2 rnd i say 2 as im including the present rnd makes it pretty much impossible for a priv gal to out rank them. With the current system random gals i winning through sheer numbers nothing else.
Unread 30 Jun 2010, 22:32   #10
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

1) A way to make war between alliances more profitable, don't know how though
2) Change the tech tree so you actually have to make choices, and i don't mean a choice between "what do i want first" like we have now, but a choice between for example what type of guns you want, upgrades to armor, ...
3) More things to do between ticks & make cov ops less random

Sorry for not working out my ideas in detail

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2010, 22:32   #11
Syniteon

Syniteon will become famous soon enoughSyniteon will become famous soon enough

I wish PA had more people, so honestly:

1) I wouldn't mind seeing ads, even clicking interesting ads of my own volition if you put that money to putting PA ads out to attract new players.

2) Oh and autoload IRC in an iframe somewhere on the overview for new players (they can turn if off later), they should have a way of signaling this is their first time via a NOTICABLE checkbox during signup and a negligible bonus like 10k of each res (no way a first time player will know if that's a lot or not so they will check that box honestly, then everyone else will cuz it's a headstart but no harm in that, just turn off the autoloading IRC frame soon as u get in). That way they get dumped straight into the gal channel/planetarion/newbie channel. I assure you, us players are a lot better at greeting and getting new players interested then them figuring out how to get on IRC themselves.

Because IRC is what makes this game tick!

Last edited by Syniteon; 30 Jun 2010 at 22:40.
Syniteon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2010, 22:33   #12
AndroX
xXx

AndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to all
Post Re: If I could make three changes to Planetarion, they'd be .....

a more dynamic and 'easier' battle system/ticker.
give players the option to have a personal fleet, add upgrades to certain ships through an old style techtree.

Add a new feature (read feature, not bug) called nobility. Which is based on 'cheaters'. Each person that lands on some one that has 'cheated' gets extra XP points. Making the community deal with cheaters themselfs instead of capping the game on more levels.

Remove the rounds name, it's not of use- and hardly no one remembers it.

remove the galaxy/universe fund and replace it with an up to date universal stock exchange. Alike wallstreet, the more metal is exchanged, the less it is worth etcetc. Takes x ammount of ticks to take effect. Can even do this for clusters, parallels too. To have a real stock market in resources.

Add the news warning when some one has scanned you and you blocked him.

I have about 20 pages with additions or changes, examples and formulea. So give me a bug on netgamers if you are interested.

Allow people to have two planets, gives more planets in the universe, more targets, more battles. (mind you, do add the nobility first so you can add penalty points for those that use one of their planets to help their other planet.)
edit:
People that play games these days do not like to be restricted to much. So stop trying to force caps on things but exploit them, and in that way offer players what they want. This makes the game more fun for both admins/coders and players.

Last edited by AndroX; 30 Jun 2010 at 22:38.
AndroX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2010, 22:34   #13
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

1) max random gal size 15 (+1 with late starter) with random gals.
having the option of closing the doors to new exiles via GC option
max priv gal size 8 (+1 with late starter)

2) XP can be converted into Research points, Construction points,
stealth,
alert, resources (maybe use something similar set up to the bonuses
use) as per http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=198751

3) Introduce an expansion to the tech tree. *i'll go into more detail when I have time (watch for the edit)
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2010, 22:35   #14
DarkHeart

DarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really nice

1) Merge fleets & missions page for efficiency when playing via ur phone in a 1 minute time frame that your boss is out of the office! nothing more frustrating than when you reach the mission page and u realise you moved all your ships that target fi instead of all your fi into a fleet slot.

2) Put scan links on missions page.. ie when in overview u can look at what your fleets are doing and click p / d / u / j / a etc... again if they were on missions page it would improve efficiency when playing on mobile phone in work.

3) Put those same links on jgps scans, so u can directly au defenders etc.
DarkHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2010, 22:37   #15
Firebird

oh also remove the auto report
Unread 30 Jun 2010, 22:41   #16
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

1) i like the idea of population meaning something. make it grow with xp maybe? certain constructions that help population (hospitals/schools etc) then your increased population gives higher bonuses

2) probably way to hard but, go back to multi tick attacks/defenses. i think it adds a lot more tactics to the game.

3) as someone mentioned earlier, bonuses for warring alliances. more xp for roiding an enemy planet and more xp for deffing versus an enemy planet.
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2010, 22:44   #17
cbk100

cbk100 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would like to see a system like in Travian where you can assign 2 other persons to be able to do simple things on your planet. Maybe the only thing they should be able to do is to recall your fleets. Maybe they should be able to do more...
cbk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2010, 22:50   #18
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

1, give xp an actual value so it can be used for something
2, give population a meaning
3, allow changing of governments , nothing should be infinate within a 7 week game
4, adjust round lenghts to allow a variety of tactics

there is probably a lot more but these are what i could think of straight away

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2010, 22:56   #19
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light

1. Remove Xp. Score based only on value.
2. Sliding scale for roidcap and salvage formulae. Remove bash limit.
3. Separate tech tree branches.

4. Stop asking players what should be done and develop a vision of your own. If you're going to ask someone, at least make it specific consultations of people who are capable of giving you good solutions and suggestions.
Unread 30 Jun 2010, 22:58   #20
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I should've done #4, too. If I'd made the tenth instead of the first reply, I probably would have! I'm such a ****ing optimist.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2010, 22:59   #21
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

1) reward attackers with xp for killing ships - make landing on defence more profitable, stop counting xp to score but use it instead to buy ressources/research/construction
2) 30% roidcap for small planets hitting big guys
3) reduce amount of ressources which can be donated

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2010, 23:12   #22
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

ok sorry about this. some chat in #planeterion inspired me to make this post. its probably totally unfeasible but anyway.

So this is how it works:

you have a number of different ways of playing.
1) basically like now, you have a planet and build stuff on it etc etc
2) you dont have a planet you "buy" land on type 1 players planets and then build stuff
3) you have no planet but you have a huge "carrier" ship that holds all your stuff. you can pay type 1 and type 2 players to "use" their planet/land

There could be more but thats all i came up with for now. The idea is that there would be a number of ways of playing with different bonuses. Potential type 3 players wouldnt have roids but would steal them and give them to type 1 and 2 players in return for things.

Alliances would obviously have bonuses revolving around alliance mate player types.

Anyway, sounds kinda crazy but maybe take this game to a new level and bring in more players?
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2010, 23:22   #23
a.k.a. BSE

11111 is on a distinguished road

1. I like the idea of multi-tick attacks/defences, so I'll support that. (and puh-lease get rid of the nubsupporting elements like prelaunch) because getting up in the middle of the night for your m8s, gets people to be involved more and it actually means something that your playing together instead of auto-defleeching.
2. Get more depth by giving xp, population, etc some more value trough trading it in for active resources like researchpoints and so on.
3. Get me an interface for my mobile, like an efficient one! (even better, make me an App that I could buy for 99cents.

Cheers!
-BSE
11111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2010, 23:31   #24
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough

1. http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=198663

2. PA playable over facebook as well (same game playable both over planetarion.com or facebook app)

3. Exchange multihunters (edit after reading JBG). Let community vote multihunters on beginning of each round.

And...

Relation Change Ascendancy and the Horde are now at war with each other.

Last edited by Korsan; 30 Jun 2010 at 23:41.
Korsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2010, 23:31   #25
Sif

Sif will become famous soon enoughSif will become famous soon enough

1, 2 & 3) Punish players score less when loosing ships in attacks. The score reduction when loosing even a small amount of ships greatly outweighs the gain from capping even large amounts of roids.

While loosing no ships at all is the ideal outcome, what happened to "acceptable losses"? Daring attacks on larger targets where one knows he will loose ships but potentially come home with several hundred roids should be rewarded.
Sif is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2010, 23:36   #26
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

1) Make xp convertable to value.
2) Reform the multihunting team
3) Add more constructions and researches (ideally reform the tech tree).
Unread 30 Jun 2010, 23:44   #27
Gliga

Gliga has a spectacular aura aboutGliga has a spectacular aura about

Enable some other way then paypal to upgrade account, for example i cant open/have paypal acc from my country
Gliga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2010, 23:55   #28
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

As Gliga said above, more payment options,
perhaps pay by text message? (i think this was suggested before)

Bring back the Cargo ship or a variation of it that can pick up salvage from Combat?

Perhaps a Salvage Class that accompanies the attacker(s) or defender(s) that recovers salvage during combat?

Last edited by Judge; 1 Jul 2010 at 01:24.
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2010, 00:07   #29
DarkHeart

DarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really nice

since my 2) & 3) earlier in this thread were eassentially the same thing but applied to different pages im gonna go with this as my third

3)

reduce all travel times. Right now if you cr/bs fleet cannot find a target on the ally attack, even if u get up at 5:30am GMT (like i do!), and ur cr/bs fleet is not needed for ally defence, so u launch a solo raid, if u land then ur fleet wont be home till maybe 1am the next night. Since u got up at 5:30am ur unlikely (as a worker) to want to stay up till 1am to launch it again the next night. This leads to a lot of ships laying dormant over a 36-48 hour period. If u reduced ALL travel times by 1-2 ticks it wouldnt be detrimental to the game, and a lot mor epeople could do a lot more things with their fleet slots without burning out through a sever lack of sleep!
Unread 1 Jul 2010, 00:13   #30
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough

something to earn money with for you guys:

Add a message window. Allow players to send sms messages there. May include recruitment ads, or just mocking ppl every sms should get you some money. Could also be used for announcements.

Also take the game feed to the interface itself like the so often mentioned news feed. Don't hide every feature behind 2-3 clicks, make them visible all time.

I've seen this in other browser based games and I repeat it adds much to the immersion. The sms function is also a great way to pick fights and gives multihunters something else to do than closing planets for wrong fleetnames

And...

Relation Change Ascendancy and the Horde are now at war with each other.
Korsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2010, 00:13   #31
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeart View Post
since my 2) & 3) earlier in this thread were eassentially the same thing but applied to different pages im gonna go with this as my third

3)

reduce all travel times. Right now if you cr/bs fleet cannot find a target on the ally attack, even if u get up at 5:30am GMT (like i do!), and ur cr/bs fleet is not needed for ally defence, so u launch a solo raid, if u land then ur fleet wont be home till maybe 1am the next night. Since u got up at 5:30am ur unlikely (as a worker) to want to stay up till 1am to launch it again the next night. This leads to a lot of ships laying dormant over a 36-48 hour period. If u reduced ALL travel times by 1-2 ticks it wouldnt be detrimental to the game, and a lot mor epeople could do a lot more things with their fleet slots without burning out through a sever lack of sleep!
So what are you going to do when all the hardcore players start launching eta5 attacks 10 times a day on your planet?

sleep?
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2010, 00:25   #32
Joepys

Joepys will become famous soon enoughJoepys will become famous soon enough

1) Make planetarion more easy to play! As (new) player you have to make alot of choices:

- Pick one of the 5 different races
- Pick one of the 5 governments
- 5 different ways to set your pop
- 11 different ships for each race
- 8 different waves which can/need to be used
- 8 different ways to preform a covert op

To attract more players Planetarion needs to go back to the core (stealing asteroids, fighting battles, buy/steal ships) instead of creating more side issues (covert ops, governments, population).

2) Please no more single targetting rounds!

3) Quests without rewards! Useless

[HA]
[P3ng]
[FANG]
[Vikings]
[Faceless]
Joepys is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2010, 00:31   #33
Abort
Dumb Yankee

Abort has a little shameless behaviour in the past

1. Redesign the tech tree: Add different routes and such. Make it so you can't research EVERYTHING before the end of the round... add a different element of strategy to this game.

2. Shorten ETAs... make it 5/6/7 for attacks/defense.... and eta 3 ingal def. Would make the game a little more exciting a quick, for players who are growing bored of waiting a week to see a change in their planet.

3. Like everyone else has said... make XP+Population MEAN something. Make it so you need residences/barracks to maintain a high population and a high population required to maintain a large fleet. AKA: Upkeep on ships.
Unread 1 Jul 2010, 01:03   #34
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Lol... 3 suggestions? im going to make more!

1. Make the only the top 10 planets in random galaxys count towards the galaxy score, so that alliances or groups of players dont decided to abuse the galaxy/exile system to get a easy top galaxy. People should go private if they've got an alliance or group of players to play with, Random is for new players or older players who want an easier round. They shouldnt be able to compete for top galaxy unless they've got top planets.
2. Races should be deleted, its a fail idea. Why should someone have to make a decision which will affect there entire round at signup? A New player doesnt know what race is the best for them and most active players dont even predict the best race for the round.
3. Tech tree should allow choices and paths again.
4. The tech tree should be bigger than the round, so that no-one can reasearch everything... People have to choose what area's they prioritze. The current tech tree is completly s**t, seriously.. wtf.. you've simplified it down to nothing.
5. Add in my quest/scan system, which makes sure that EVERYONE can play the damm game. Why the hell have you designed a game which new players cant play? You want to attack, you need scans.. you're under attack, you need scans? Why do you need a personal scanner to play the game. Its an absolutly stupid design flaw, I'm struggling to even imagine a scenario where its good. http://pastebin.com/tiBLfQnd <--- i realise no-one will actually read it, but wtf.. you've got the almost perfect scan/quest system handed to you.. implenet it.
6. Change resources so that they actually mean something. You've nerfed the game down to such a state that Metal/Crystal/Eonium are basically the same. Everyone inits to 100/100/100 roids at startup, theres no difference in the resource system. You might as well have just 1 resource or you can enact change and bring back the old style where init'ing roids cost metal, scans cost crystal, and maybe that ships cost more eonium.
7. Bring back the galaxy disband option for private galaxys.
8. Publish what Multihunters use as there guidence for closing planets.
9. Create something to do every tick, such as planet management. It wouldnt force you to be online every tick but would give you a slight advantage if you was.
10. Sort the intel system out. Allow alliances to automatically give intel to other alliances.. In the alliance HC section, allow alliance HC's to automatically update other alliances intel sections with there planets.
11. zPeti sell the game to Spinner.
12. Introduce a passport system.
13. Give bonuses to those people within the passport system who sign up to multirounds.
14. Introduce a simplified stat system, seriously.. PA uses a completly crap combat system.

That is all i can think of in my drunken state. There may be spelling mistakes!
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2010, 01:13   #35
DarkHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNzI View Post
So what are you going to do when all the hardcore players start launching eta5 attacks 10 times a day on your planet?

sleep?
^^^ play the game with a big old smile on my face dude. And trust in my dc's.
Unread 1 Jul 2010, 01:32   #36
Wesko

Wesko will become famous soon enoughWesko will become famous soon enough

1) Ingal Def page allowing members or a designed DC (Could be a task for the MoW giving it a more important roll) to arrange defense, providing gal members an ez access to the calcs and the needs. I know this could be done by using Galaxy forum (which i hate) or IRC, but we all know some people can't be online 24/7, so coming online and having a quick access to the needs of the gal and decide in 1 minute where to send what would be nice.

2) Some minor request on resource trade (Gal/Universe) add a live calculation of the amount you're gonna receive according to the percentage (5,25), just like in production it tells you how much it cost X amount of ships before u place the order

3) More BB code feautures like "[ U R L ]" "[ I M A G E]" and so on.

4) Credit purchase bonus: The most noisy clock alarm shipped directly to your home. ^^

Last edited by Wesko; 1 Jul 2010 at 01:54.
Wesko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2010, 01:59   #37
vuLgAr
Bi-Winning

vuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to all

1 - less player input ( a more assertive approach from admins on what the game is)

2 - Passport system

3 - Someone sort out the damn visuals, skins whatnot it's clearly not that hard to do, encourage someone to do it, i aint talking specifically about gfx but a nice design would do wonders.

H-A ODDR Apprime xVx VisioN HEROES Ultores
vuLgAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2010, 04:16   #38
Oblivion-VR

Oblivion-VR will become famous soon enoughOblivion-VR will become famous soon enough

1.) Ally limit to 40-50 counting and 60 total - to allow more competitiveness instead of just 2 allies always #1 or 2.
2.) Top 8-10 people in random gals count (Depending what private gals are limited to)
3.) Shorten ETAs to 5 6 and 7 and in gal 3
4.) Either go back to multi targetting or cut out a race(cough etd cough)
Oblivion-VR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2010, 07:58   #39
Hamlet

Hamlet will become famous soon enoughHamlet will become famous soon enough

(1) Seniority of ships; ships that survived the battle gain on armor, power and initiative. "Run and hide" or not fighting status descreases armor, power and initiative. Maximum bonus of 50% and maximum malus of 25% sounds fair.

(2) Defensive constructions; planets should be able to build defensive constructions such as defense turret. Regular maintenance shall be required else they lose armor and power.

(3) Maintenance of constructions; construction should depreciate and with depreciation they lose efficiency. Constructions eventually become useless if not maintainted.

(4) Roids initiation; instead of simple initiation by buying roids you initiate search for roids (similar to how it was in the first few PA rounds, if I remember right). Sometimes you get lucky, other times you don't. Roids that are not mined (eg. research limits you to 1,000, you have 1,100) can be initiated by other planets, whoever initiates search for roids in that sector first.

(5) Eliminate scan ressearch; this limits individual players and newcomers because they don't have access to scans. They either have to research scan tree and fall back on value or try their luck playing blindly. If a player wants a scan, he or she should get it / buy it. Eg. You get simple scans immediately after purchase (planet scan, development scan), you have to wait one tick for incoming scan, 2 ticks for news and unit scan, 4 ticks for advanced unit scan etc. Initially all scans cost the same, but the price increases with every scan purchase. The tenth scan should already cost at least 50k of each resources. Reset after 24 hours.

Hamlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2010, 09:11   #40
Pug

Pug can only hope to improve

1) 1-3 tick combat

2) Cargo ships, no races so that there's general ships, research tree splits into what types you want - i.e. emp/cloak/steal/normal Get emp, can't get cloak etc

3) Bring back uninitiated roids. Scan for roids (less random than r1-x). E used as fuel and for scans. M & C for ships/constructs depending on type.
Pug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2010, 11:26   #41
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

1. Reform the Multihunters
2. Stop asking us what we want, create a game with one vision. Design by comittee is bad.
3. Do not listen to most of the idiots who post above, ever.
Unread 1 Jul 2010, 11:57   #42
Pelennor
Tortilla de Patatas

Pelennor will become famous soon enoughPelennor will become famous soon enough

1- Make amps and dists cheaper.
2- Remove priv gals, set a limit for gals (like 10/12 planets), and do 4 or 5 shuffles during the round, for example one shuffle every 250/300 ticks.
3- Ban Theamion from the game. Forever.
Unread 1 Jul 2010, 12:00   #43
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

1: More user customisation of their planet
2: Multihunters that actually do the job in a way that makes it possible to understand their actions.
3: A more proactive and creative management that takes matters into their own hands, and have the time to do stuff with the game.
Unread 1 Jul 2010, 12:41   #44
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

.cookie pele

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2010, 12:51   #45
Rafars

Rafars is an unknown quantity at this point

After talking with my alliance most agree that these would be good changes

1/ Reduce defence times for those that are in your alliance, as some races are unable to help defend alliance mates due to ship class, ter for example have pegs (anti fi) that are de, so they can never get to allies that are being attacked by fi, if they reside in another galaxy.

2/ Being able to see who is online in your alliance not just your galaxy, as not everyone can go on chat during the day even though they can log in.

3/ Planetary defences would be cool, like space rail cannons and moons of war, rather than just building ships.

Also decrease ticks to 30min rather than an hour as there is too much dead time.

Cheers Rafars
Rafars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2010, 13:34   #46
Vistion
RL PALS WITH TRUMP

Vistion can only hope to improve

1. Remove the auto logout.
2. bring the 4th fleet for alliance def back.
3. raise how much each roid gives per tick or lower the cost of ships.
Vistion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2010, 13:39   #47
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelennor View Post
1- Make amps and dists cheaper.
2- Remove priv gals, set a limit for gals (like 10/12 planets), and do 4 or 5 shuffles during the round, for example one shuffle every 250/300 ticks.
3- Ban Theamion from the game. Forever.
I don't know which of these suggestions I'm more in favour of
Unread 1 Jul 2010, 14:05   #48
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

1. ban theam for posting as he clearly NEVER wants to listen to anyone with new ideas and just flames em
2. give him server to run his own game, that is made following his own ideas, as its clearly the best

3. more dynamic strategy for fleets (multi tick combat, new types of missions, cargoship kind of things, etc) - point for this would b to make the gameplay more intresting instead just launching and recalling
Unread 1 Jul 2010, 14:44   #49
LordNieminen
Finn.. who's drunk.

LordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of light

Simple things:

Never make topics like these, god help us if even 1/5 of these suggestions are taken seriously.

1) Cut half terrans construction bonus as the mines make the game unfair.
2) Remove Start up bonus resource if you really have to keep the normal upgrade bonus in the game or change the upgrade bonus to cons/research only, not resources.
3) remove 75% of salvage gain especially if you intend to stick to defence ships what fire same time or before attacking ship classes.

---

4) Multi tick defence / combat back
5) Remove Gal fund.
r9.5: Top60(small playerbase=easy)
Few won R's in PIA, r26 top15 First/Last Pax round.
[OLMIT] / [TreKronor]
10 lines max for signature I heard.. so
LordNieminen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2010, 14:52   #50
berten
respect, unity, order

berten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the rough

I've been giving some toughts on how to make the life of new players easier. At the moment they get dropped into an imediate war scenario. The moment they get out of productions we'll wave them like vultures and strike the will to play out of them at tick 80 even tough we know bash limit will mean we only get a small amount of roids. Altough planetarion as game is easy as hell, the metagame has quite a steep learning curve. New players can just not get a hang of the game without exessive help from galaxy/alliance , and we provide no way for them to get this easily.

1. Make attacking newbies less profitable.
I'll start by mentioning the universe we currently play in is rather small so the level we can achieve this suggestion on will be farely limited.
I want to give the new players some relative quiet time after they signup, (and with this scenario i think new players signing up later will be able to roll into the game more easily).

The current x:y:z system we use means that everyone has the same traveltime to every galaxy/cluster. This suggestion starts with throwing this idea in the trashcan and start using dynamic etas.

Concrete idea: When the round starts we create x-amount of clusters and put all planets in those. These galaxies are now full and will receive no additional signups. This core of the universe will hold most / all of the active players. While this universe keeps ticking we should periodically create a new cluster in which new planets land. Travelling to this cluster from inside the core-universe should take longer (and i mean +2-3 ticks so 5-6 ticks forth and back - basicly enough so that the 75 roids you get from them by travelling 6 ticks longer then you'd have needed to get 200 in the core-universe mean jack shit to your planet.)

After a while the first newbie-universe will evolve into part of the core-universe as we keep putting layers of clusters around it. This way we might be able to create a semi-isolated universe for new players, in effect cutting them off from the main universe to integrate them gradually. Obviously alliances can still play their part here by gettinng these new players inolved etc.

(I hope my wall of text here kinda makes sense, i'd be happy to go into a bit more detail to work out any flaws etc).

2. Make attacking more fun then finding defence + getting more planets in the universe + getting rid of inactives
Planetarion the game is boring. You have 3 fleetslots, need to do 1-2 research/constructions / day and maybe find 1-2 attacks and send a defense fleet. Next to that attacking doesn't reward you. You can get more asteroids which means you can build more ships to send in those 3 fleets, not actually a reward I'd say.

It's only when you get attacked that the fun starts. Finding defense, calcing, ....

We can mine asteroids the entire lifespan of our planet, for free .. this seems to be a bit odd and could be changed. I suggest we shift the emphasis for resource-gathering from asteroids to planets. Get the ability to 'conquer' planets and treat them each as an entity in game. Each planet could have their own fleet-setup, construction, ... . This way we create a universe with more planets to attack. Inactive planets will be easy targets and be eaten by the bigger ones, which might seem like a bad plan but It'd get rid of the reason to exile. (Remember that the new players that joined later and hence have a disadvantage are sitting peacefully away from all the instant killing in their far away clusters). We would see an entire new way of playing planetarion with the possibility of conquering and loosing your own strongholds + we could finally see civilisations (read: players) getting totally pwnd, fleeing and finding a new place amongst the newbies in cluster x2303.

I think this change in play would bring more targets to the universe, would mean less luck is involved in creating a strong galaxy (remember you can easily take over inactive planets), Small but very active alliances have less of a disadvantage towards alliances that fight by numbers, every tick would require some micromanaging to get the tactical setup for all your planets right in order.

3. http://pirate.planetarion.com/showth...81#post3175981

yes, i know i should go play CIV IV but i'm at work