User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 18 May 2010, 23:27   #1
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Favourite rounds!

I don't think we've had a thread like this before, or at least not in a fair while. Basically I was curious as to what people's favourite rounds were. I'm going to give an initial rule of only your top two (although if you have 3 ones you remember equally fondly or whatever go nuts) rounds, for whatever reason, and preferably with at least some kind of explanation (which is the point of the thread a bit).

My favourite round is round 19 I reckon. First time I really did much dcing stuff in pax. Ninja-stole someone's fleet with the best move ever, ****ed up the long-time #1 gal in a variety of ways and managed to finish top gal. Far more than round 16 that really set the tone for how I played PA.

My second favourite round is round 25. First round back with ascendancy after a couple of rounds playing elsewhere and dist-whoring. Dist whoring, even though it turned out to be a terrible strategy for score accumulation was great fun. It pissed off a huge number of people and the cov-opping and sking of scanners pissed off even more. Eventually we got hit by a few alliances because we were so annoying, and pretty fat, but we could still pull off a few cool things in both attack and def using dists.

Edit: I'm also going to total these up at the end and figure out the best round of pa ever!

Last edited by JonnyBGood; 18 May 2010 at 23:40.
JonnyBGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2010, 23:35   #2
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Favourite rounds!

Round 19 ranks pretty high up there for me too. I started the round in Angels, which later merged with Omen. It's one of the rounds I remember well because I probably never spent that much time on the game, before or after, and it was an interesting round until the end.

I never played "seriously" after it though, in the sense that I've never taken any responsibility beyond managing my own planet. Also really enjoyed round 24, distwhoring together with mz/Benneh/JBG and having incoming twice over the round. It was like the polar opposite of round 19 for me.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2010, 23:35   #3
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

1) Round 34 because both my gal and my DLR were awesome - most fun I've had playing ever

2) Round 26 - Denial lol. I didn't care much for the way the game was played out, but I sure had fun fighting with NewDawn on YouTube!
Unread 18 May 2010, 23:55   #4
Greg
Addicted since R17

Greg has a spectacular aura aboutGreg has a spectacular aura about

Ah round 21 my 1st epic crash from the top 100 (took much research to figure that out memory is getting old) didnt go to work b4 11am all round it was great
And round 35 was great had loadsa fun in wars with a nice fun core in ODDR's 2nd round
Regular member of fleet crashing club
“A man's errors are his portals of discovery.”
James Joyce
Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2010, 00:07   #5
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

I have to go with r1, mostly because EVERYONE was a newbie! And who could forget holoroids and cargo ships! Two of the most easily abused things this game has ever had.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2010, 00:28   #6
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

For me its rd 35 - gotta love single targetting, luckily picked xan co as my attack fleet who's only weaknesses were theifs and locusts which no on ebuilt and had immense amount of fun messy landing for huge xp gains all round. I even stopped defending at all in the last 3 weeks and just went all out every night 3 fleeting all the way!! Crashed 2/3rds of my fleet but then managed to rebuild and carry on attacking again. Finished 9th in uni for xp, which as it was my first full round in PA made me soooooo chuffed it inspired me to make more of an effort in the game from then on

Although it hasnt happened yet i beleive rd 37 will be an awesome round due to ST ofc and some intresting ally and game changes
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2010, 01:02   #7
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light

I like round(ish) breasts.
Unread 19 May 2010, 01:43   #8
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light

On a more serious note, rnd7 is probably the most important for me, since the people I met back then came to shape a lot of what my career has been since.

Actual favourite round would otherwise probably be any round we played with TK back in PIA. No group of people will ever compare to those guys, and I love them with all of my heart.
Unread 19 May 2010, 03:55   #9
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

Any round you could attack in Cluster was always pretty funny, seeing eta 5 (?) fighter ships after the tick was pretty LOL although it did backfire on me round with a nice bunch ASC incs incluster

Wars wise I guess Round 13 was fun as it was hard fought battles all strangely I enjoyed the round of Omen losing to ASC (30?) but everyone seems to forget round 8 where us on the Titans block were about to break Fury's dominance and then the game was stopped and round never finished that was a pretty freakin awesome round!
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2010, 04:01   #10
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

Round 3 as it was my first real round.

Round 6 or 7 whichever our "bee's" tactic round it was
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2010, 06:23   #11
ricoshay
Save energy: Be apathetic

ricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to behold

Round 24 was the best for me, my second round of PA. Started DCing, taking responsability and actually talking to people around after a first round when I mostly built random ships and snooped around to what everyone was saying. I still sucked at managing my planet, but I had fun and saved other people's roids.
Unread 19 May 2010, 08:34   #12
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

r27

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2010, 08:56   #13
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm going with round 22 (0 roid cov opping with dec) and 24 (disting with Benneh/JBG/qebab). Doing stuff that no one has thought of before is what I enjoy about PA the most.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2010, 09:14   #14
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future

r27, the most exciting final day in recent memory.
Unread 19 May 2010, 09:17   #15
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

R21 is definitively up there for me, not because it was a particularily good round but primarily because it introduced me to Ascendancy for the first time!

R26 is also a favorite of mine as, despite my gal sucking ass, I got my highest finish yet, cardinal crashed his whole fleet on me, and also it was hilarious to see so many top planets get FC'd and throw away their chances of winning.

Kind of off-topic but least favourite rounds would have to be round 9 and round 28!
Unread 19 May 2010, 09:28   #16
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

R4, the last free round. The small alliance we created with friends had 10 full priv gals. Clusters coords with 3 digits...
R17, a late exile sending me in a very good gal were life was so easy., it was a real change for me.
Unread 19 May 2010, 09:40   #17
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

HRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud of

Easily round 4.
My first round.
All downhill after that I'm afraid - a notable exception being perhaps NDs victory round, which was fun looking back but pretty horrible at the time!
HRH_H_Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2010, 09:40   #18
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

I liked 13 as it was my first round and even though I was shit, seeing the massive war going on was very impressive. Hard fought round and probably the best drawn-out war I've seen.

Round 30 is the only round I've really played properly and that was brilliant, another "epic war" round, the feeling of achievement on the last couple of days after having ground through stupid amounts of incs at points was pretty cool.
Unread 19 May 2010, 12:40   #19
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

Kila did you just agree with me.... TWICE?
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2010, 14:22   #20
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

r7 was fun for me atleast around that time i met ppl i still hang around with and as i suck at the game i have to look at the rest so i sorta enjoyed the rounds i where in asc somehow dunno which ones it was.

robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2010, 14:39   #21
Hideo

Hideo is on a distinguished road

r4, primarily because it was my first, had a great gal, and was introduced to alliance work in the last half. There just seemed to be endless opportunity with so many planets.

r6 with Deus is a very close second. Rarely a dull moment.
Hideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2010, 14:39   #22
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

The rounds I ve had the most fun must be the 2-3 first rounds I played. Though I didnt play "properly" alot of my rl m8s played it and we all met at computer lab during breaks at school to check our planets. r1 I started late, so r2-4 or so prolly!

Pretty much have hated PA after PAX. Had some good rounds in pl@netia also back in the days!

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2010, 14:54   #23
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

#1 - Round 4 because of playing private gal with real mates
#2 - Round 7 for playing with the same people again
#3 - Round 27 when Denial won ally on sick XP gains
#4 - Round 35 for being the only round i had without heavy incs on my planet.
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2010, 16:22   #24
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa View Post
Kila did you just agree with me.... TWICE?
I generally disregard your posts unless they're under 2 lines so I dunno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
The rounds I ve had the most fun must be the 2-3 first rounds I played. Though I didnt play "properly" alot of my rl m8s played it and we all met at computer lab during breaks at school to check our planets. r1 I started late, so r2-4 or so prolly!

Pretty much have hated PA after PAX. Had some good rounds in pl@netia also back in the days!
R34 yo?
Unread 19 May 2010, 17:46   #25
adjuhh

adjuhh is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa View Post
Any round you could attack in Cluster was always pretty funny, seeing eta 5 (?) fighter ships after the tick was pretty LOL although it did backfire on me round with a nice bunch ASC incs incluster
I agree that the rounds with the in cluster attack and defense bonus were a lot of fun, when you had to try and make your galaxy look good in the first few days so the others would work with you instead of them all farming you.
adjuhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2010, 19:33   #26
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Round 4, as it showed me what this game could be about. After that it has been a constant decline of joy.
Unread 19 May 2010, 20:25   #27
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

round 16 huge gal win and i liked the ship stats then (every race had a stealer)
Round 19 finally exiling into the asc gal after like 3 weeks!

Round 21 the original cathaaaargh round
Round 24 Disting!

round 35. I was just awesome
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2010, 20:44   #28
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Round 19 was the most fun simply because of the Ascendancy galaxy's quality of personnel and the way we actively went out to demolish our rivals at the end - very few galaxies have actually directly gone after their rivals to win a round.

Round 6 is probably the "best" in terms of what I would term quality planetarion. In terms of demand on the players, level of competence by most people involved and the military strategy deployed nothing really surpasses round 6 though. Fury and Xanadu were ****ing brilliant and neither of them won for goodness sake, I don't think I've seen a round where so many people ****ed off because of sleep deprivation.

Round 30 was also a pretty good round, simply because you had four alliances that could have won in entirely different ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless View Post
Round 4, as it showed me what this game could be about. After that it has been a constant decline of joy.
Also a very good round. Plus the Xanadu waves were spectacularly executed at the time. I don't know if LDK cheated but Xanadu deserved to win anyway.

Last edited by lokken; 19 May 2010 at 20:54.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2010, 21:56   #29
Donar

Donar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really nice

i only started playing in rnd 19 but since then i can honestly say rnd 31 was the one i enjoyed the most.
Hidden Agenda had a really good round with cracking def ending 6th. Dragonking was Ace as a DC using the little fleets he had at his disposal.
Plus had a good gal that sadly gave up near the end. but still Ace players. Razor, xyphistor, demort etc...
And landing two big xp lands the last two days made it memorable, sorry about that Henrik

Round 24 was awesome aswell attacking with Henrik and Ride for xp and being in a gal with dec, lockhead, antigone and two other germans from gosu was nice aswell.

Round 25 with 5 flemish in one gal was fun aswell although it didn't help our nightwatch. . Vdm, Fellah, ElmoOw and forgotten the other guys name .

All rounds were good, i can't decide. Always seemed to end up in a gal with decent players going random. except for 1 round where i actually had to exile. The three i mentioned were more fun tho.
Unread 20 May 2010, 15:52   #30
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benneh View Post
round 16 huge gal win and i liked the ship stats then (every race had a stealer)
That was round 14
Unread 20 May 2010, 18:57   #31
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

rd6 - the 1st round i played where i actually met people on irc etc.

rd32 - good gal, good ally, good battles, fun round for me
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2010, 22:14   #32
Dworschi
MööööH r0x0r0r

Dworschi is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post

idd quite similar here ... rnd 2-4 with mates at school etc
and at home with my 56k modem and doing enormous costs to my mom :S
Unread 20 May 2010, 22:50   #33
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future

This pretty much sums up my most fun period of PA:

r20 - resetting a t10 value planet and xp whoring to t50 in less than two weeks
r21 - accidentally revealing all Angels coords by forgetting about the public eXilition arbiter (the private arbiter using the same database was used by Angels), and managing to join the Ascendancy tag while still in Angels channels
r22 - managing to get kicked out of ROCK, managing to make Crusie delete her planet, and finally managing to make Rinoa exile out of the gal, both of who were members of the buddy pack in gal
Hude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2010, 23:41   #34
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

r30 and r32, Ascendancy at its best I think, and great galaxies, really enjoyed both rounds!
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2010, 01:32   #35
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_ View Post

R34 yo?
shit round overall. I didnt like it in Subh, and I hated how the round ended with so much escorts and shit.

Winning is fun though!

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2010, 14:56   #36
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

r12 was pretty good.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2010, 16:23   #37
rookie06

rookie06 is an unknown quantity at this point

Last I played was r4 and it was pretty good.
rookie06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2010, 19:14   #38
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

r21 2.4 nuffsaid.
r26 ROUND OF THESTOOM
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2010, 22:12   #39
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

round 30 would be my favourite round constant fighting with omen and friends and then the hilarious crashes
2nd favourite would be rd 6 i was running rocks attacks and sitting on the xanadu server every night for tp was great fun

honourable mentions for rd 26 totally stoomtastic and rd 34 i got a top 100 planet , though i did have to suffer theam and the ministry gal for it

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2010, 03:11   #40
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

personally i liked my last round in asc, r32 i believe - went zik although i was advised not to.
The entire universe pounded on us, was all good fun.

But i had landed in a great ct nest, and still got into top 100 after a great last day xp land. (800k score gain) One of the rounds i enjoyed the most mainly cause of my galmates and some people in asc.

Worst round, I'll let you know how this one goes.

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2010, 07:41   #41
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Favourite rounds... I've had so many favourites

R14: One of the best rounds for me personally and also a great round for Tides of Fire (finishing 4th). We had loads of fun targetting Reunion

R17: INSOMNIA!!!!!

R19: Leading a battlegroup (db) together with Mek inside Tides of Fire.

Sorta all went downhill after that though I have to admit I had a great time in Denial R26, just a shame we lost it

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2010, 09:24   #42
jelle
LCH

jelle is an unknown quantity at this point

R19: My comeback round started little after tick 500 in lch. Went xan fr distwhore which raped the fat eXi ziks and ter. Due that and the insane xp of that round i sneaked into top100 for the first time It was fun to play with the 20 active guys in lch lub lub Lastly sexy mandolin gal was good fun sadly dropped to #7 last days.

Then basicly every round spent in the danish gal has been awesome

JNC - One Addiction, One Passion and One Goal

16:57 [Satyr] gonna play speedy tomorrow dude?
16:58 [Satyr] need a couple of gays to have some fun
14:44 [@Oizo]: i need more penis
22:27 [@Jumper] im not hardcock

Viking hoisting the Raven Banner high!
jelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2010, 09:32   #43
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Round 7 as that's the round I founded my own alliance (FAnG) and got to play with the big boys (Legion Fury, Virus). We allied them and we played an awesome round. It was also the round in which I was the most active and had the most fun in.

Round 10.5 because Angels won that round and we basically made everyone else look rediculous. Eventhough alot used the "but it wasn't a real round" excuse, fact is that it WAS a real round, both on playerbase as on length

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2010, 12:00   #44
djcomplex
The Usualsuspects

djcomplex will become famous soon enoughdjcomplex will become famous soon enough

Round 4 was great fun, PA peaked in terms of players and alliance activity (including a busy AD!). I also remember being in something like 190:10 with evilTone and Squall (who managed to get the galaxy a place in P10DN - a parallel alliance with active attacks/ defence, really impressive)

After stopping round 9.5, my first round back (3 or so rounds ago) where i exiled into a galaxy with Santa, Wishy, Patrikc, Mactanzu was a fantastic introduction to new PA.
djcomplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2010, 13:56   #45
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeimdallR View Post
personally i liked my last round in asc, r32 i believe - went zik although i was advised not to.
The entire universe pounded on us, was all good fun.

But i had landed in a great ct nest, and still got into top 100 after a great last day xp land. (800k score gain) One of the rounds i enjoyed the most mainly cause of my galmates and some people in asc.
Just for the record that was r31.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Round 10.5 because Angels won that round and we basically made everyone else look rediculous. Eventhough alot used the "but it wasn't a real round" excuse, fact is that it WAS a real round, both on playerbase as on length
That was always a horrible excuse used by losers to justify losing.
Unread 26 May 2010, 13:59   #46
JonnyBGood
Banned

Rounds mentioned so far, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 10.5, 13, 14, 17, 19, 20, 21, 22, 24, 25, 26, 27, 30, 31, 32, 33, 35. Some variety there!
Unread 26 May 2010, 14:09   #47
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
That was always a horrible excuse used by losers to justify losing.
Yeah, I never understood why they didn't just call it round 11 (or 12 if round 9.5 would be round 10).
Perhaps because they PA-team didn't implement any more new dev and the game would be an exact copy of the previous round regarding gameplay?

FA Gaming community

Unread 26 May 2010, 14:11   #48
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
Rounds mentioned so far, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 10.5, 13, 14, 17, 19, 20, 21, 22, 24, 25, 26, 27, 30, 31, 32, 33, 35. Some variety there!
Yeah, eventhough some rounds appear quite alot of times. Like R7 (I think it's the most named round of the earlier pre-PAX rounds). Also proves that, while everyone back then kept crying about block wars and how it ruins the game, people didn't seem to mind and enjoyed the round regardlessly.

FA Gaming community

Unread 26 May 2010, 18:21   #49
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran View Post
Yeah, I never understood why they didn't just call it round 11 (or 12 if round 9.5 would be round 10).
Perhaps because they PA-team didn't implement any more new dev and the game would be an exact copy of the previous round regarding gameplay?
Yeah, I think so. Not like we haven't had a bunch of those rounds recently though.

PS What it might say is that everybody who was on the wrong side of the block war in r7 has quit the game since then.
Unread 26 May 2010, 18:36   #50
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Round 4: being in the Ministry galaxy while also being active on irc and meeting new people online. Basically it was a much larger community back then with a ****load of various meta-games in between. Also realized that the 'good' people of this game were just people too, albeit with a plan and sticking to it.

Round 7: being in an almost all-dutchy galaxy. RYB. Played with people who also became friends in real life. Had a blast and also managed to play a proper planet. Got Fred deleted. Played in RaH and was a 'big' player. Made me feel good at the time.

R30: Playing for the first time seriously in Ascendancy. Started in a BP that was forced to exile. Landed in reeseksero/wishmasters gal and wreaked havoc there. Thouroughly fun and helped during those 10 weeks in Ascendancy to make the team perform better. Or at least I tried. Had a terrific ammount of satisfaction to see Ascendancy win in the end, basically having slaughtered, demoralized or otherwise incapacitated any possible enemy in the universe.

Those were the rounds i really enjoyed. There are also 3 that I remember properly which is round 33, when I ended top 20 for the first time. Being in a Ministry galaxy again we basically were not the best Ascendancy galaxy, but just below that. Therefore we just weren't targetted. At all.
Round 34: Another Ministry galaxy. The universe was against Apprime and Ascendancy. We had so much incomings that round. Usually having only 100-120 fleets available for defence versus 200+ attacking ships. But somehow Ascendancy had value and we usually managed to fence those big 4-6 alliance team ups of our galaxy. I worked hard for Ascendancy too, but failed to do anything in the 'bigger' picture other then survive. Top 10 finish too with my planet. But that was not because I played so well, but because I did not lose roids due to my riskaverse dc'ing (an euphemism for defwhoring from hell).

Round36: Ministry priv gal. Donation. 6/8 planets top 20. All really idle. At some point this has shown that we 'understand' the game.