User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 31 Oct 2006, 22:13   #1
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute
Alvin Chng

I've never really bought into a lot of these 'memorial' threads on the Planetarion Forums. They always seemed trite and unfitting to remember people who we'd just met over the internet playing a stupid game. Any avenue for remembrance with a cookie monster smiley glaring at the right of your screen is hardly fitting.

That said, a friend of mine and a friend of many of yours passed away this evening. Alvin Chng, who went by the alias h3ll, succumbed to a battle with Muscular Dystrophy after several years of struggle. He'd kept his illness to himself, not wanting to discuss something of such personal burden.

We were informed that his condition had deteriorated through a conversation with his brother and learned that Alvin was admitted to the hospital in Malaysia yesterday. He did not make it through the night.

Despite my remarks above, I figured it best to pass this information on to any and all of you who had the pleasure of playing with h3ll and talking to Alvin.

If you're interested in sending condolences to the family, please let someone in #newdawn know and we'll pass it along.

Thanks.

(edit: Apophis put this memorial up. If that's how you'd like to reflect, feel free. If there's any other way we can help express condolences, let us know and we'll try to help.)

Last edited by Barrow|Pony; 31 Oct 2006 at 22:47.
Barrow|Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 22:16   #2
BADA
BA :P)

BADA will become famous soon enoughBADA will become famous soon enough
Re: Alvin Chng

h3ll one of the best people i had the honour to play PA with.

You where then man !
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 22:17   #3
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

RIP h3ll. Its a sad day. Heart goes out to his family. Im going to really miss him

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 22:17   #4
Apophis

Apophis is an unknown quantity at this point

Goodbye my friend, may you find peace in your next life as we carry you with us in this!

Last edited by Apophis; 31 Oct 2006 at 22:46.
Apophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 22:18   #5
xplizit
-> Rydel

xplizit can only hope to improve

That's a name I know since way way waaaaay back

Be well. Condoleances to his family and friends.
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 22:19   #6
Taipan
Born Again Virgin

Taipan is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been around h3ll for a while - mostly in ND and irc channels we shared for PA, Eve and WoW and I'll miss him a lot. Great guy, may he rest in peace.
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 22:20   #7
Floi

Floi will become famous soon enoughFloi will become famous soon enough

My thoughts are with his family and friends.

h3ll, we will never forget you! NEVER!

Floi.
R 12__11:2:10 rank _69 - gal rank 35 - ND, ally #3
R 13__9:3:13_ rank 580 - gal rank 28 - no ally for most time
R 14__10:1:14 rank 106 - gal rank 21 - ND, ally #2
R 15 ???
R 16 ???
R 17 ???
R 18 ???
R 19___6:10:12 rank _94 - gal rank ?? - ND, ally #2
R 20 ???
R 21 ???
Floi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 22:20   #8
Mystic
Euphoria HC - Retired

Mystic is on a distinguished road

RIP h3ll... Had a few convo's with him.... A man of few words.. but well thought out.. great chap..
Fare ye well mate...
Huge loss to PA and ND alike
Condolences to family and friends.
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 22:21   #9
OloZ

I will never forget such a generous, kind and loving person as Alvin. My condolences.
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 22:21   #10
Riddim
NewDawn Dinosaur

Riddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really nice

there are no words for this
so long m8
[18:00] *** Myrdhin has quit IRC (u can't understand women if u never wore a bra !!)
Riddim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 22:21   #11
CleaningMuppet

CleaningMuppet is an unknown quantity at this point

see ya on the other side, bro (i hear the grass is way greener there!)

mashed potatoes. always.
CleaningMuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 22:21   #12
Dune
weee

Dune is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Re: Alvin Chng

Rest in peace my friend.. This is a sad day for those who knew him.

Condolences to family and friends.
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 22:22   #13
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts

I’m spechless...

Rest in peace and I meet you in heaven!
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 22:22   #14
Nightwolf

Nightwolf has a spectacular aura aboutNightwolf has a spectacular aura about
Arrow Re: Alvin Chng

It's a very sad day, may you R.I.P. H3ll.

Condoleances to family and friends.
Nightwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 22:22   #15
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Rest in peace. Condolences to the family.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 22:23   #16
Cowmando
is your god

Cowmando is an unknown quantity at this point

h3ll was great person to play with while i was with ND, RIP alvin.

Condoleances to his family and friends.
Cowmando is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 22:25   #17
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

It always happens to the ones who don't deserve it.

h3ll was a great guy and one of the best from my time at ND.
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 22:26   #18
Excalibu|r
Def *****

Excalibu|r has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I will miss you h3ll

Rest in Peace.

Condolences to his family and friends.
Excalibu|r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 22:27   #19
[ND]Byrney
Nobody

[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold

May he rest in peace. A genuinely great guy to be online with. He will be sorely missed.

My thoughts are with the family and friends in this time of hardship
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 22:30   #20
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Vaarwel vriend..
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 22:34   #21
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Really sad news. Rest in peace.
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 22:37   #22
sale
Bavarian Barbarian

sale is a glorious beacon of lightsale is a glorious beacon of lightsale is a glorious beacon of lightsale is a glorious beacon of lightsale is a glorious beacon of light

Sad news

Rest in peace h3ll
sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 22:39   #23
susan simmonds
scorpion

susan simmonds is an unknown quantity at this point

RIP h3ll you will be missed. Rest in Peace.

my condolences to his family at their great loss.
susan simmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 22:40   #24
Hutchi
BlueTuba 4Eva

Hutchi is an unknown quantity at this point

never nice to hear such things about someone so nice

R.I.P. h3ll
rnd 21->26 - Orbit HC
rnd 27 - LAZY git
rnd 28 -> Current Orbit HC

The quiet people change the world!
The loud people claim they did!
Hutchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 22:45   #25
[r0x]

A great guy, who will be missed by one and all! It has been a privilege to know someone of his calibre. Knowing him has been an honour. My condolences go out to his family. RIP dude.
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 22:46   #26
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

when i first rejoined pa back in the beta just before r11, i had no idea of course about all the game changes; i randomed into a galaxy with h3ll, spritfire and fish, that was the main time i ever really talked to him and he was very sincere with me. sincerity is rare, that will be missed.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 22:47   #27
Devlin

Devlin has a spectacular aura aboutDevlin has a spectacular aura aboutDevlin has a spectacular aura about

Tis a sad day indeed.

R.I.P. h3ll - you will be missed.
Devlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 22:47   #28
Kenny

I only ever spoke to him directly once, and it was fairly briefly. But I've been around him and involved in conversations with him for the past month or so now, he was a decent guy and I'm sorry he's no longer with us.

I've never really bought into these kinda posts either, but when you know them it's actually a lot harder not to be touched by them... especially when its somebody who's such an integral part of the community.

Condolences to the family, may Alvin rest in peace.
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 22:48   #29
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Best wishes to his family, and may he rest in peace and be well remembered as he deserved

Note: I've stickied the thread and I'm willing to set up an e-mail address if one is required
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 22:48   #30
Ptraci

Ptraci is a jewel in the roughPtraci is a jewel in the roughPtraci is a jewel in the rough

On behalf of Insurrection, my condolences to Alvin's family and friends. Rest in Peace h3ll.

r3 - r5 - Gondor alliance
r14 - Orbit member
r15 - Orbit DC
r15 - r17 - Orbit HC
r17 - r19 - Insurrection HC
Ptraci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 22:48   #31
Saphi
Leo's Pwn :P

Saphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these parts

Even though i didnt know him personally i knew the name ... and that name was respected throughout PA ... My condolences go to his family and all those that were personally close to him and may his soul and spirit continue to live on in the RL and in PA itself

You'll be sorely missed h3ll

and RIP and may your name live on forever
------------------------------------------------
The answers you seek are not here
Saphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 22:48   #32
Orlandian
VisioNary

Orlandian is an unknown quantity at this point

sad news condolences to his family both in real life and in Newdawn you will be missed but never forgotten
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 22:48   #33
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by OloZ
I will never forget such a generous, kind and loving person as Alvin. My condolences.
damn it... h3ll... RIP mate...

One of the most awesomest people I've ever known from ND... The guy would do anything/everything to help out, and then some. I remember the night before he went to the hospital, he said he was sick, and DC'd anyways.

Good bye old friend
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 22:49   #34
MindChaser
W-D {HC}

MindChaser is an unknown quantity at this point

Rest in peace, my condoleances go out to the family and people who knew him.
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 22:52   #35
MiX
Who cares?

MiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura about

Ill miss h3ll, and my condolences go out to all his friends and family. Those that knew him as h3ll and those that knew him as Alvin.
MiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 22:52   #36
MaVeRiXX
PornStar

MaVeRiXX is infamous around these parts

Its hard to believe this is happening...

No words can describe our feelings...

My thoughts and condolences goes to Alvin's family and friends...

NewDawn lost a damn good FRIEND...

Its a sad day...

Nothing Gold Can Stay

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

Soaring where Angels fear to Fly

Last edited by MaVeRiXX; 2 Nov 2006 at 00:50.
MaVeRiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 22:53   #37
WaCKY

Only recently got to know h3ll, but he welcomed me to ND and the community. He will be missed greatly. R.I.P.
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 22:53   #38
Grog
Benevolent Dictator

Grog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud of

my compadre

I laughed with him, I argued with him, I roided with him & I never once doubted his loyalty.

He was one of us, he was my friend & I'm going to miss him greatly.
Grog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 22:55   #39
freestyler

freestyler is an unknown quantity at this point

h3ll will stay in my memory as a brave, strong and beloved friend.
May he rest in peace, miss ya already
freestyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 22:55   #40
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyne
It always happens to the ones who don't deserve it.

Indeed. Always has to be that way. I never go into these posts either but it's different this time since it was a friend of mine. Was a good guy and it was actually him that made me play these past 2 rounds that I have. Was a good guy at talking me into playing.

Sorry to see you go Alvin. Was good knowing you. Quite strong of you to be around this community with your sickness and hardly telling anyone, not even opening up out of frustration, if you even had any. Many would have in your place. I hope you rest in peace, and I'm quite sure you will. You should be in a good place now.

Buly
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 22:55   #41
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future

h3ll was truly one of the most colorful and fun characters I had the honor to play with in ND

R.I.P.
Hude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 22:55   #42
Clogg
SiNíng is a lifestyle

Clogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to all

Damn, h3ll gone

He was one off the best DC's I ever met, back in SiNND. Tried to get him in SiN ever since, well tried once, but he was loyal the ND he said. A good bloke with a good sense humor. Won't be the same without you!

My condolences to all who met and will miss him.
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 22:56   #43
Harrism

Harrism is infamous around these parts

R.I.P. h3ll.
R5 - R6 Cluster only
R6 - R14 G-II / disbanded / merge
R9.5 - R13 Newdawn

R14 - G-II, I hope you guys go on.
R14 - my last pa round.

Thankyou Troll.
Harrism is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 22:59   #44
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Zo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of light

I had some great times in PA with h3ll. This is sad to see, but it does happen in the real world.

As someone already mentioned, always seems to happen to those who do not deserve it!

"The only easy day was yesterday."
Zo0f is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 23:02   #45
cura
Pro. Elbow Licker

cura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to behold

I'm staring here at my screen.. he was a very kind person, always trying to keep the peace between everybody.. I'm not gonna be a hypocrite and say I agreed with him all the time but that doesn't matter
I'll always have the utmost respect for him and am honored to have been ND with him so long

RIP m8, sorry I never told you this when I should've..
cura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 23:02   #46
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Condolences to the family and rest in peace h3ll

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 23:04   #47
Cessess
Rogue

Cessess is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't know you, but I can see you were popular. Must have been a great guy and I wish I had gotten to meet you.

All the best to friends and family! I give my condolances

Cessess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 23:05   #48
ygrzl

ygrzl is an unknown quantity at this point

After being in a cluster alliance, galaxy, and ND with h3ll, I can say that Alan was a wonderful person who was extremely kind and generous. He put in many long hours as a DC, and was already ready with his ships to either defend or retalliate.

I knew that he had a debilitating illness and that his friends on IRC were one of the main ways he had to keep in touch with the world. I haven't been active on IRC for a couple of years but we had kept in touch via MSN. I wish I'd spent more time talking to him. :-(

His time was too short.

*hugs* to ND

Last edited by ygrzl; 31 Oct 2006 at 23:14.
ygrzl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 23:06   #49
Rocklobster[Dok]
Victuri te Salutant

Rocklobster[Dok] is an unknown quantity at this point

R.I.P. h3ll - you will be missed

Rock

A regular day on the lego server:
<Alf> We are Gren's bitches.. we should be proud to hump his legs
<Alf> wanna swap legs Nexus?
<Alf> This leg of Gren is smooth.. but I like some hair now
<Nexus> sure m8
<Nexus> i want the shaven now
Rocklobster[Dok] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 23:06   #50
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

RIP h3ll. you'll be missed
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote