User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 3 Jun 2005, 09:44   #1
hook
I'm who you want me to be

hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light
Planetarion - I will always remember...

Allright, I've decided to post this in alliance discussions because I'm under the impression most memories people cherish about planetarion will be alliance-related. If it turns out otherwise, feel free to move.

Planetarion. Sure, a lot has changed. I've seen 'bring back'-threads, and people talking about how much better it was in the old days, etc. And indeed, there are quite some fond memories I have regarding earlier rounds of planetarion. However, personally, I wouldn't even want those times to return. It was fun when it happened, and the reason they happened mostly depended on our lives back then, and how we spent our time. Reliving those days is simply impossible, and wouldn't be even half as fun.

However, being nostalgic as ever, I love looking back. So instead of starting another thread about how much worse it currently is than it was 'back in the day', I'd like to know what your best memories of planetarion are. Those little things that you'll never forget, which most likely are the reason you're still here today. So planetarians, what will you always remember?

I will always remember...

- Dingo allying/backstabbing everyone (including family pets) in R4
- Going out with my friend, accidentily defendomg instead of attacking the same target as he, and came home entirely drunk to see we battered eachothers fleets.
- The hirr meetings.
- The feeling of waking up in the middle of the night, knowing you will not be alone in the IRC channel you're about to enter. Knowing there will be plenty of other people, feeling just as shit as you do right then, being there for the exact same reason as you are.
- The first 72 ticks when you still had roidscans (including bashing your head against the wall when you got 2/9 )
- The first post-round week. It was the best week of the last few months, sleeeeeep!

I'm content with the time I've played planetarion, it gave me a lot of nice moments, memories that will last forever.

Hook
Unread 3 Jun 2005, 10:13   #2
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Planetarion - I will always remember...

My parallel alliance in Round 4. Bashing all the weak galaxies in the parallel was fun
Unread 3 Jun 2005, 10:16   #3
themast
Punk

themast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these parts

i think that what we mean when we say "i wish it was like the old days" is where we have the same member count like in RD 4-5
Rd6&7 4D (20:8:6) & (20:2:10) Rd14 ND (2:5:4)
Rd8 Did not play Rd15 Did not play
Rd9 4D/SWaRM (13:4:10) Rd16 ND (14:1:6)
Rd9.5 SWaRM (42:7:4) Rd17 ND (13:10:8)
Rd10 SWaRM (21:4:7) Rd18 ND (13:6:8)
Rd10.5 SWaRM (5:5:10) Rd19 ND - HC (1:9:3)
Rd11 ND (32:2:10) Rd36 ND 7:9:7
Rd12 ND (30:10:1)
themast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2005, 14:14   #4
hook

hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by themast
i think that what we mean when we say "i wish it was like the old days" is where we have the same member count like in RD 4-5
And I think I mean it when I say I've played since round one, and am very well aware of what most of you consider to be missing these days. This thread is however not about what you're missing. It's about what's in the past, and what you loved about it, regardless of whether or not it'd return.

I also loved the secrecy that you had, being a newbie. You had truely no real idea about how powerful any of the top alliances would be. Currently alliance rankings get rid of that factor (I'm not debating whether or not alliance ranking is a good idea, I'm merely stating the secrecy for the Joe Nobody went lost).

Hook
Unread 3 Jun 2005, 14:56   #5
NotALegend
BC, Ace Cliff Jumper

NotALegend is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
My parallel alliance in Round 4. Bashing all the weak galaxies in the parallel was fun
Really? I was in P11 and we ruled. But it was just too easy destroying the other galaxies to be any "fun". :/

Hmmm, I guess I'll always remember...

- Being bashed daily by BlueTuba and WaC in r2
- Idler defending me against them even though he wasn't allowed (naughty boy!)
- Lemming run at The Edge
- The Libya manouver
- Internal galaxy power struggle in r3 (heh, no lame exiling back then)
- Crushing Alex the Cnut
r1 - ?:? | r2 - 6:6 | r3 - 4:15 | r4 - 178:11 | r5 - ?:?
NotALegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2005, 19:01   #6
DunkelGraf
Drunken Boozer

DunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to behold

telling the girl one picked up at some party to wait for 2 ticks! because of incs .........

! [ToT]-KC !

Äscendäncy, we got Penis inside!
DunkelGraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2005, 19:19   #7
Arbac
Yuba stalks me

Arbac has a little shameless behaviour in the past

In gal farming!

Man o man .... there was nothing sweeter than taking rocks off your galaxym8's
* Arbac jumps on elusion
* Arbac stabs elusion all over
<Arbac> lick that bastard!
<elusion> hey licking is sweet :/
<elusion> it's a way of showing affection stabbing is not a way of showing affection
<elusion> stabbing is a way of a psychotic murderer :/
Arbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2005, 20:44   #8
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Round 4, being a noobie, helping my mates in P8 fight against the evil T8P, was a very fun round, and very enjoyable. Round 9 was also fun for me, as it was the first round I played seriously, and had fun in the WE/ET war, even if most in WE didnt
Unread 3 Jun 2005, 20:54   #9
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

-Being a Xanadu GC during round 5 in a Furgion infested cluster, outgroing every enemy galaxy inside the cluster until the big war broke out for good. Eventhough we went down eventually, it felt epic.

-Xanadu tagging up during round 4

-The first stage of round 6, Xeta's massive waves against Furgion. The war later on against FoS and Furgion wasn't bad either (was in a bullgalaxy)

-Maybe not as 'special' but fighting the entire universe being an LDK member during r 9.5 was fun.
Actually I adviced Lrytas to ally with Fang because I felt we wouldn't make it, I was wrong.
Unread 3 Jun 2005, 21:00   #10
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

The first speed round - the world cup or whatever it was, going right down to the last tick for UK qualification with mates who didn't really play planetarion. Most exhilerating 48hrs of my life :/
newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2005, 21:06   #11
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

r2: Being threathened by Chob to vote for his brother as GC in my newb gal.
r3: Refusing to use bcalc because I thought it was cheating
r4: Roiding a planet in the smurf(34:14 iirc) galaxy at mid-day being in the underdog para alliance( BITE ME [SUP]erior!!!! Then getting closed by multihunters so noone could roid me. 13days later I was reopened(correctly ofc) and I had lots of res. Got bashed soon after tho, but they had to bring in people from outside the para which was bout 50x my score to take me down \o/
r5: GCing a gal with lots of skilled people after Dargonne leaving us all in a shit situation.

++

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2005, 22:37   #12
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Round 2: Defending Oter of F-Crew and breaking the game, resulting in a very weird series of combat reports and bizzare time distortions (such as 3 tick attackers staying for 5 ticks, 6 ticks defenders being there only getting 1 report even though they should have got more, peoples fleets being trapped there for a day or more, etc)

Round 3: Being dragged along on an attack by Eddie of LOST2k (now in F-Crew) which was 'absolutely safe to land' and coming home with the only survivors of my fleet being 123 Ghosts. This was about 1/3 of the way through the round I think. Those Ghosts became the elite core of my fleet

Round 7: Being attacked several times a day every day for 4 days by 7:13 (Urwins) the #3 galaxy, in cluster, and only losing 102 roids in all that time to them. My galaxy owned
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 09:06   #13
berten
respect, unity, order

berten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the rough

rl Ðragons meet * 3

getting revenge for r5 in r6

the fact i somehow always was in a high profile galaxy and never had score higher then the avg of the alliance i was part of
(xcept r 9.5)

waking up noticing u missed 15 phonecalls :s
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 09:46   #14
zen
zenguard

zen has a spectacular aura aboutzen has a spectacular aura about

somewhere around round 2-4 (don't remember which one it was) when I tried to rescue a bashed galaxy with this strategy called "Kaiserion Pact"

It was an attempt to get each planet's PDS up by everyone donating an amount of resources each day, and each day one of us was donated all the donations alltogether and the one built nothind but Planetary Defence Systems. Worked pretty well for some of our planets, but the strategy fell as we were unable to monitor the donation and receiving flow efficiently enough.

The ones that were benefited by the Pact were able to defend themselves, so would've prolly been just to keep on implementing even if half-way rather than dismantling the Pact after four days or so.

I didn't even know what irc was back then.
r15 Subh Member

"Siinä tapauksessa etenemme täydellä tuuppausvoimalla tuikutusetäisyydelle"
zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 09:53   #15
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Theres loads of memories, some vaguely interesting ones are below.

round 4, started late and being donated shit loads every day by my furgion galmates

round 6, being in cluster with top xeta and fos galaxies, while we were classed as "FoS" my GC decided to make friends with furgion and lead to a fun round 6.

rnd 9, being in a galaxy which had 2 americans (parthos and donkey_punch), 1 canadian (SantaCruz) and 1 australian (ygrzl) I dont think i slept so much in one round. I just constantly slept, as well nightwatch was all sorted out and If I got incoming id be covered

rnd 13, lying in bed with my girlfriend, no internet, sleeping. Storebo phones me. I think fk it I dont care tbh im enjoying my sleep. 5 minutes later he phones me again. He continues to phone me a fair bit in the space of 30 minutes. So I get up, and make a ten minute run home, to cover his ass. But I know he would do the same for me <3

Oh ye as well as that roiding cbk in the middle of the day with idler, with a simple recall, send and that was when exil were at the top of there game and 1up were being constantly bashed <3 Idler
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 10:54   #16
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough

prolly my best was coming back in round 11 and struggling my ass of for about 3 days looking for roid scans until my galm8's took me under their wing
r11 NoS (16:9:10)
r12 VsN (22:2:1)
r13 VsN BC (10:10:10) - R.I.P.
r14 xVx Head BC (2:8:3)
barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 11:13   #17
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Playing round 2-4 with TGV will always have me thinking and getting sentimental.. All thoose players.. now gone.. I miss them everyday..
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 13:04   #18
tombcfc
thomus always sober...

tombcfc is an unknown quantity at this point

my best round was round 6 my first not having a clue how to play put having my gal mates show me to ropes, they were some good players
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 13:24   #19
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

rnd 4 - my newb round, playing in a gal with all my class m8s, then farming them and gettin twatted by bigger players because i didnt have an alliance or know what irc was Also not realising uninitated roids were not worth capping and capping over 4000 and being happy with myself :|

rnd 7 - joined FAnG realising how decent alliances worked learning about the game alot.

rnd 9 - being in our waffle gal with jonas, bee, dogbert, vasquez, the_saint, dinobot, eestlane. Being on the vvomm side getting twatted everyday but still ending top100 as a gal pld waffles

rnd 9.5 - played an amazing round till i got boned as usual by major incs, being in a dead gal didnt help only active player was touriquet who got closed(lol)

rnd 10 - landing in a gal with isotee, playing a good round, till isotee exiled and got ely to wank me over for 18 ticks, although he exiled into a dead gal and when i exiled landed in the gal he was meant to land in

rnd 10.5 - being top10 most of the round, was 2nd place realised i couldnt catch touriquet(farmerquet), so lemminged all my stalwarts which put me out of top100, then he deleted himself when he jumped ship(lol) the irony:/, lemming again which put me out of top200, then working my way back to rank 10 and bein fat as hell, but then on thr last tick alot of my ships got absolutely molestered defending irvine so i dropped a hell of alot. Being in one of the most annoying gals ever [Lord], waku, sick^death, baddars, nadval, unknown, steinmetz, jesus that was a nightmare.

rnd 11 - being in a gal with colt, shev, creature, unknown, nadar, golden, sjor, #1 gal for quite some time till the incommings from 1up started where we quickly got butchered to hell and me going away for 5 weeks didnt help

rnd 12 - buddying with dogbert, nadval, moonless and unknown. Everyone actually playing a good round, then getting ganked over in 18 waves\o/

rnd 13 - crashing my fleet 14 times so far

Last edited by Alki; 4 Jun 2005 at 13:36.
Alki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 13:41   #20
Bodders

Bodders has a spectacular aura aboutBodders has a spectacular aura aboutBodders has a spectacular aura about

simply i remember that i could get a decent nights sleep back then unlike now,
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 13:51   #21
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Making a effort for the collective asses of Fury and 1up.

(To many names, you know who you are anyway)
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 13:52   #22
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

my round 2 galaxy, a galaxy of kings.

p7 with Zhil in r4.

absolutely trashing a Virus HC gal in cluster to pieces within the first week of r6 with The Shilham Empire, forcing them to cheat and move into new planets, only to see them get trashed (again) and return to those planets a few weeks later.

Running Deus' defence the night FLVT made their last stand against us.

generally all of 1:10's attacking based r7 activities, as we were generally ace for dropping the bomb on someone.

the r3 assault on RB, which caused quite a bit of damage despite RB having a good proportion of cheats.

r9.5 where I had my planet newsscanned 24/7 by RaH and didn't lose a roid for 6 weeks after starting late.

r12 - finishing top 100 for the first time after a catalogue of well named but generally shit planets.
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 14:06   #23
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

r3 - being even cool at IT cass in school for having a high-ranking (t50-70ish mostly but got out-donated so ended #90~) planet.
r4 - p1 was fun. until the vts and xanadu guys noticed i was pack:(((( being even cooler at school for doing well again.
r5 - being uncool at school for still playing, let alone another high-ranking planet:(
r11 - finding one of the cutest alliance communities. ever. in 1up. spent far too much of summer holidays trying to regain my constant roidlosses due to being in an utter wank gal. pride for ending #14 even though i had the worst gal out of anyone else in the t30 let alone t15:D also i wank my e-penis more on being the one who lost most roids all rnd (until cheerios lost 10k on the last day - when it didnt matter) and yet managed to end with t3 roidcount :>

r12 - best "skillwise" priv gal ive been in. fell out with achilles due to my arrogance and stubbornness and lost a good friend:(. chose the r/p "synthetic sid" of "the fury" and paid the price :p gal/planet were both t5 for the early part of the rnd until inevitable doom then we quit like wankers (we as in, mainly me - being the gc and also the biggest planet, the others lost motivation too - disgusted with myself for that)

r13 - decided to sign up 403 ticks late.. chose cathaar in a dastardly BRILLIANT move, been paying the price since. e-penis grew due to managing to get to top50 xp and t250 score orso and keeping to there now. decided to sign up for 1up mo duties, did so fairly actively/well until about 10 days ago when i turned inactive and became more deadweight for our alliance - also disgusted with myself for that especially since ive done no revision yet anyway:<

certain moments i'll remember:
r3: finding out multi-ing, though cheating, has benefits! never had the phrase 'omg wtf' been more truly used.
r5: finding out that using multiple servers on one client didn't make me elite :(
r11: cheerios' magnificent 1k vsharrak defence fleet offering.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 14:33   #24
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

top 3 highlights

#1 Getting G-lined from NoS private server many moons ago by Dingo for Defending Rampage in Gal from a heavy NoS vendetta assualt
(heh i wasnt NoS in round 4 so didnt know the history haha)

#2 Not beleiving the 'LDK are cheaters ' slur in round 9.5 when we were #1 gal, then watching in disbelief as parracida closed 3 planets 2 days before end of round so his #2 gal overtook us in rankings to win round

#3 Having 10 or so of my comp science uni class sign up accounts in round 3 only for 8 or so of them to give up and 2 of us kep the gal going... Heh didnt everyone then

plus two recent ones :

#1 suiciding attackfleet on IRVINE rnd 13 after bus to uni broke down at eta 1 :/
#2 Launching remainer of 2nd attackfleet few days later on Kaifux by accidently getting the coords the wrong way round

2/2 friendly hc aint bad for a rounds work
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 14:44   #25
helikopter

helikopter can only hope to improve

spinner calling me in round7 to verify i was the one who paid for the account
attacking maiden of pain in round4 (with a lot of other people) in havoc and roiding him for quite a few ticks in a row
therat suiciding his cruisers at my place at tick 329 in round13
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 15:22   #26
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

I suppose I should also mention round 11 cos of it being the best galaxy I've ever been in. We didnt do very wel but I think we ended up the highest ranked galaxy without any 1up members. Nothing spectacular I guess, but it was fun.
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 15:35   #27
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Something I actually forgot:| :

(15:29:11) <@jerome`> my first attack
(15:29:16) <@jerome`> i attacked with 100 privs orso
(15:29:23) <@jerome`> they didnt check my planet
(15:29:26) <@jerome`> assumed it was cr
(15:29:26) <@jerome`> :(
(note that this is in the context of me starting 400 ticks late so 100 privs attacking would be fairly silly :()
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 15:37   #28
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

brief mention for the Jonka attack.
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 15:57   #29
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

PaX: being new and actually thinking the stats were 'ok'. A great gal (lo icewind ^^ ) Pissing off elysium, and being let into ND \o/

Round 12: Having a proper enemy again (LCH) which made any successful battles feel far more satisfying. Thought you guys were shits last round, but this round you've turned it around and have my respect.

Round 13: mobile battery dying so I didn't get up in time to launch on my actual attack. Instead, I launched at the (then) top player on my own, and was shocked when he didn't receive any def (I launched after a big ToF FI hit, so I'm assuming the DCs guessed I was meant to go with them, mislaunched and would recall when I woke up), nicking over 700 roids and losing about 210k value.

Also, landing in a fantastic gal (Mek and me were both hiding from each other under fake nicks, when we finally worked out our packs had landed together it was a somewhat strange feeling) and actually having a chance to sleep and get my incs reported whilst doing so. Love you guys!
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 16:16   #30
virogenesis
Proud ex EnTitY bc

virogenesis is infamous around these partsvirogenesis is infamous around these parts

round 3 - Attacking some legion member in c5 with ICD, Playing with the TRG lot surfgirl, pampi , cornish, rabba , lord_death..... etc
Defending a ex fury member who joint AIM to attack Fury we managed to hold off one attack atleast.
round 4 - playing with Virii & Belderan in a ICD flagship galaxy. Getting hit by TZ (para 17) & XVI (para 16) while in e16.
I led my first attack with the likes of Dr Doug & Furyous Merc watching over me against a XVI gal while ReCon also focused their attacks on XVI that night. Anyway it was a huge success with an impressive outcome.
10:04| »» <Vir> |10:02| »» <Zhil> Kj doesnt need taunting <---- true he only needs a mirror
|10:04| »» <Vir> |10:05| »» <Zhil> lol
|10:05| »» <Zhil> I just got the image |10:05| »» <Zhil> of KJ
|10:05| »» <Zhil> being a budgie |10:05| »» <Vir> lmao
|10:05| »» <Zhil> and going "Pretty FAnG boy!" |10:05| »» <Zhil> talking into the mirror |10:05| »» <Zhil> little bell "ding ding ding"
Former: TRG, SL, AIM, ND, G-ii, EtY, ICD [1up], ReUnioN
virogenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 17:52   #31
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

I will always remember Game hitting RB with 3 fleets once section got closed.
I arranged retal on every planet in Games galaxy, except Game, and told him we were draining defence ready to wipe him out.
He and his alliance waited and waited, and we nver actually had anything set up on Game, he just let his gal get twatted.

The old days were the best.

On a seperate note, at an I event, taking Forks brand new silver bmw and covering it with shaving foam using such slogans as '1up was 'ere' and 'zhil done it'
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 01:19   #32
Seed of Chaos
Pr0f3ss10na1 P30n

Seed of Chaos will become famous soon enoughSeed of Chaos will become famous soon enough

hook, why've you gone inactive :P
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 02:17   #33
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold

-starting in r4, calling a RL mate 2-3 times during night "what should i do now?" his reply "wait till research/con is done ffs"

-My first 'lemmingrun' with Leto

-hirr-elysium war in round 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
rnd 10 - landing in a gal with isotee, playing a good round, till isotee exiled and got ely to wank me over for 18 ticks, although he exiled into a dead gal and when i exiled landed in the gal he was meant to land in
-getting alki as my personal biatch after he exiled himself

-Shouting at hook right now to get his ass "he knows where" and report in
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 02:24   #34
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road

r3: roiding Yourbiggestnightmare during havoc
r7: Spinner's planet being 'hacked'
r9.5: seeing my lovely Corsairs die cause someone decided it was a good idea to send his defenders a recall message 2 minutes before the tick
r13: waking up to my first incs in like a year or so (took a lil break)
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 03:41   #35
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
I will always remember Game hitting RB with 3 fleets once section got closed.
I arranged retal on every planet in Games galaxy, except Game, and told him we were draining defence ready to wipe him out.
He and his alliance waited and waited, and we nver actually had anything set up on Game, he just let his gal get twatted.

The old days were the best.
I remember reading the flames on GD about that
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 08:33   #36
notsure
[TGV] Wots It

notsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to behold

When I thought Alliances were a waste of time...and wondered why I couldn't get a break from inc.
Rediscovering PA after finding an old email about PA and deciding to see if it still existed.
Forgeting to run my fleet, logging on and wondering where all my ships went.
Unread 6 Jun 2005, 09:53   #37
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road

I will always remember,

- Every damn speedround i've played at a lan. From the first, with Glatze, Lord_Dain, Bink, Rolex, Sastul, Shiva, Ikkke, Trouble, Divine, Spinnerke, Schneckal, Bohu etc etc, Till the last couple, with Eddie_V, KIlroy, Yama, Newt, Mitre, Desse, TheVoiD and all those others I'm starting to forget
- Round 6, All Bull Galaxies, we gave the universe hell, and hell we got back!

What can you miss about a text-based dull i-net game.... If I think about it... A lot..
Unread 6 Jun 2005, 12:03   #38
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts

- R4: killing big ass planets solo-ing noob planets in my noob gal. they never news scanned :P
- R5: meeting loads of nice people, being bashed by Furry on a daily basis and almost joining VtS (hey Animal).
- R6: bashing / roiding phat FLTV planets (I still have the battle reports somewhere) with XeTa, not losing a single roid the whole round to either FLTV or NoS/WP/Deus and pissing of Xanadu HC when I had my galaxy mates vote me GC instead (haha Grim).
- R10: screwing over FAnG by relaying their irc def/alliance channels to Eclipse.
- R10.5: fending off massive FMP incomings every day, boy did our gal fkin own.
Unread 6 Jun 2005, 12:12   #39
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Actually Grim didn't really mind as he didn't have time to be deeply involved with galaxy policy.
Unread 7 Jun 2005, 11:38   #40
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
Actually Grim didn't really mind as he didn't have time to be deeply involved with galaxy policy.
Don't destroy his dreams, meany!

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2005, 11:49   #41
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas
r4: Roiding a planet in the smurf(34:14 iirc) galaxy at mid-day being in the underdog para alliance( BITE ME [SUP]erior!!!! Then getting closed by multihunters so noone could roid me. 13days later I was reopened(correctly ofc) and I had lots of res. Got bashed soon after tho, but they had to bring in people from outside the para which was bout 50x my score to take me down \o/
You were too small for me to attack

Things I'll remember:
R2 - B8S wipeout on a UXF planet, soloing the cluster 8 planets afterwards
R3 - Having half the Legion command staff attacking my Virus squad
R4 - Wave-attack on Singularity (and his galaxy)
R8 - Joining arch-enemy Fury
R9.5 - Ending as GC of 4th galaxy while ParraCida closed 2 planets in the gal during the last day.
R10 - Draining 50% of FAnG's defense every single night, bad habit of being roidfat

Ah well, I'll remember more
Too many moments that will automatically be left out this way.

— Scorpio
Unread 7 Jun 2005, 11:54   #42
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by virogenesis
round 4 - playing with Virii & Belderan in a ICD flagship galaxy. Getting hit by TZ (para 17) & XVI (para 16) while in e16.
I led my first attack with the likes of Dr Doug & Furyous Merc watching over me against a XVI gal while ReCon also focused their attacks on XVI that night. Anyway it was a huge success with an impressive outcome.
E16 was kinda weak
Signing a NAP with VeX when it got hot, hehe. (Furyous Merc was my apprentice btw)

— Scorpio
Unread 7 Jun 2005, 12:45   #43
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio
Don't destroy his dreams, meany!
Sorry, its not a dream but a memory. I dont think i need to explain to you what the difference is. Facts are he was pissed off about it, I don't care if it was convenient for him at the same time He really svcked arse and shouldn't have played in such an active gal anyways SS, did you and that french women ever work out?
Unread 7 Jun 2005, 13:17   #44
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal2112
SS, did you and that french women ever work out?

Oh no, we broke up about 2 years ago, recently broke up with my latest ex actually.

I am free and hapy with that for the moment
Unread 7 Jun 2005, 14:11   #45
MiX
Who cares?

MiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura about

r8: landing random in a great galaxy in my first round which gave me the possibility to join elysium in my 2nd round allready \o/ (ty butter)

r9: this galaxy made me believe that acc sharing in priv galaxys was a normal thing to do, took me till pax to find out it wasnt.

r11: 1ups fake attack killing all my fireblades first tick then roiding me for 3-4 ticks with fi fakes. NOT fencesitting. Suiciding Lancer on Linkie for alot of roids, suiciding all my fi on TeK for free

r12: piggybackin TheRat with a Fr faked Cr fleet, my Defender got subbed and killed part of his De/Cr attack fleet for free, while I even got my share of the roids because of the way the game is coded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
Round 13: mobile battery dying so I didn't get up in time to launch on my actual attack. Instead, I launched at the (then) top player on my own, and was shocked when he didn't receive any def (I launched after a big ToF FI hit, so I'm assuming the DCs guessed I was meant to go with them, mislaunched and would recall when I woke up), nicking over 700 roids and losing about 210k value.
^^ that has to be one of the many free xan fi roidings on me r13 which I will always remember
MiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2005, 14:28   #46
hook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seed of Chaos
hook, why've you gone inactive :P
Because I'm lame.

I'll also always remember asking my mate (back in R2) to code me a bot to log-in every odd hour or so, and send me an SMS in-case of incomings (wondered it if could be done ). The damn thing ended up spamming my phone every hour with some lines making no sense at all for over two weeks (the guy who owned the machine running it went on a holiday).

I'll remember Masterplan slagging off my ex-girlfriend on the phone because I did not launch for the lemmingrun (According to him).
I'll remember Lui's notion about sitting in the car with me while we were discussing some planetarion things "Whenever the guy took a corner, I was hoping we wouldn't run over some random granny".

Hook
Unread 7 Jun 2005, 14:55   #47
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

I will always remember

-Making the alliance ARK (Alliance of the Rightful Killers) when I was a keen N00b in round 2 and having 300+ inactive members coz i just mailed the universe to tag up Ark coz I could
-My 30 active members of Ark who made round 2,3 and 4 excellent.
-Vaio Wiping out my main planet in round 2 and then becoming a good freind and for getting me into bluetuba.
-Amycus best planetarion buddy a guy can ask for.
-When I only had internet during the day time and every time I woke up finding another 3 waves on my planet uncovered back in round 3
-Spending 3-4 hours on the manual in the round 12-13 break checking for mistakes and pestering kal to change them (got me like 100 free roids for the speedgame ) and contributing to small changes in mining page that no one probably noticed except me and kal.
-getting my missus (nutkins) to play this round for her first round ever and showing her how to play (shes done brilliantly for a first round in top 250 all the way)and panicking coz she was bigger than me for a few ticks when exilition wouldnt stop attacking my galaxy .

I would write names but there is so many ppl It would take me a long time.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.

Last edited by noah02; 7 Jun 2005 at 15:01.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 17:07   #48
Sir Mordred
General Lamer

Sir Mordred will become famous soon enoughSir Mordred will become famous soon enough

I will always remember...
- round 2, when hordes of mates exchanged their starcraft addiction for sleepless night with PA
- round 3, when i joined YHQ and met the most pleasant mates ever (lo hookstah, besteman, laq, aesop, rabba, cutthroat, tin, colcarp,ambro, bg, vader, wesstar et al :-) )
- Joining the one and only remaining KBz Gal in which i stood for several rounds (lo RRR, Exor, Bastard, Predator, Lesh et al. lub u guyz ;-) )
- r4-r9, being =V= TO
- early morning phone calls from canada (lo dovey :-) )
- getting drunk with the ToT maniacs and KBz :-D

ahh.. the good ol' days. i wish i had as much time as i had back then :-(
II-60:9:6 [=SA=], III-25:22:3[YHQ], IV-114:4:8[YHQ][=V=], V-20:3:4[=V=], VI- 5:23:3[=V=], VII- 30:18:11[=V=], VIII- 33:10:2[=V=], IX- 25:6:7[=V=], IX.V- 7:3:5[=V=], XV-1:5:4 []LCH[], XVI-8:6:3 []LCH[], XVII-9:7:X OoO, XXII-12:3:8 Vgn, XXIII-X:X:X Vgn, XXIV-X:X:X Vgn, XXV-4:3:4 Vgn, XLII-10:3:3 CT
= Audentes Fortuna Iuvat =

Last edited by Sir Mordred; 8 Jun 2005 at 19:54.
Sir Mordred is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 17:33   #49
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

r3 - the PA addiction began...

r4 - owning p12

r5 - owning Legion's "authed retals" on a few people in my galaxy repeatedly

r6 - the Mod's galaxy!11one

r7 - LDK twatting me hard core

r9 - the comedy that was VVOMM, and voluntarily giving up roids from the first night on to defend others...blowing the whistle on Rabba's ship farming.

r9.5 - sending "red defense" to Rob in-cluster, and ganking almost 1k roids which Sliekas would have otherwise taken. First (and only, hah!) top100 finish.

r11 to present - the 1up experience

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 18:09   #50
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

I'll allways remember joining NoS in r6.

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote