User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 27 Mar 2003, 09:21   #1
Nacho_OuZo
OuZo

Nacho_OuZo is an unknown quantity at this point
Vacation Mode 42:8

1st of all i wana say big thx to vommv, our sister galas, OuZo/Critters/GTO and specialy to Choche for there great help.

reason for vac mode:

vommv has lost this war, we all know it. All ppl r waiting now for the split fo weetnarfz (however they wana split). They ll not split before not all vommv galas r dead or out of top 150. We didnt went into vac mode because of the mass incomings. If this would be the reason we had could do it after 3rd day. We didnt switch sides or even tried to get friendly into weet arbiter. We decided to take vommv side at start of round, we fight for vommv, we lost with vommv. Where is the reason now not to split for weetnarfz? they delaying the split (ofc they can do this.. its legal.. if they still have fun in this game atm). Where is the point hitting planets with 70 roids with 8-10 fleets incoming every nite? Even ur own member from weetnarfz r asking there targets who the other attackers r .. to tell them the coords so they can retal them.. <-- is that the point of cooperation? weetnarfz member r moaning that no targets r left.

We r trying with our move to change the future of the game. I know it didnt helps if only 1 gal goes into vac mode.. But if we only talk and dont make anything to change this round.. then well.. we can continue this boring round.. i can only repeat.. vommv lost the war. congrats weetnarfz. R u proud now to still hit small galas with very less roids? u even bash planets without recalling ur bash fleets after target runs... Before we decided this move we had long talks with HC, m8s etc.. how we could change the future of this game. Several ideas was made, but we saw that this ideas wouldnt take long. Weetnarfz is running out of targets. There r only very less big vommv galas left. So we thought if we start going into vac mode.. and maybe some other ppl would make the same decision, then we could atleast try to make weetnarfz to think about the situation. They know that they dont have many targets left.. Y u dont split ? We r "dead". Think about the rest of the round.. Make the round happy again.. for all of us (ask ur members if they r happy, show them u r carrying about them).

Thx alot to all my lovly gal m8s, u r the best :-) was a pleasure to play with u all.

Plz think about the situation before u start flaming this thread.

thx alot

Nacho_OuZo
r4 143:22 n00b / HR
r5 23:15 (Silvercity) HR/Xanadu
r6 21:8 (Silvercity) Xanadu
r7 5:5 (Silvercity) Xanadu
r8 54:4 random / Titans
r9 42:8 (Black Lotus II)
r9.5 4.1.9 Cottus of Hecatoncheires LDK

OuZo -LoVe- Critters
Nacho_OuZo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 09:27   #2
MadeMan
180š

MadeMan is an unknown quantity at this point
well im all withya on the subject that there are no fun! or no more targets..

but we normal people cant do anything about it..
MadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 09:29   #3
Lanceman
milchjiper

Lanceman is an unknown quantity at this point
Normally I despise going into vacation mode because of being attacked.
Your reasoning doesn't seem to include a current attack on your gal and it seems this was planned a while before so it is the first time on these boards I read some better reasons to go into vacation mode than usual.
The problem still at hands is though that you leave all other remaining gals open who don't go into vacation mode.
Though the hope may be that the remaining targets indeed get as many fleets on them so they don't loose many roids and are able to crush some attackers fleets.
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 09:38   #4
meddy
OuZo HC & Xraid HC

meddy is an unknown quantity at this point
/me salutes @ Nacho_OuZo

it was honor to play with u...

i dont wanna know how many ppl were pissed that the attacks didnt went trough

i can only say to the "winners" , play with urself... maybe u got fun then.
R6 : 31:8:6 MedMaxx of Empire Earth / Xanadu
R7 : 5:5:2 Home of Follower / Silvercity 0wnage =] / Xanadu
R8 : 32:1:3 The Evil One of The Endless Darkness (pure 0wnage till deletion) / FAnG BC
R9 : 42:8:5 The Dark Slayer of The Evil Horde /MadCowS Military Officer
Speedround (R9 priv) : 4:9:2 The Doomed Lord of Darkness Falls
Speedround (R9 rdm) : 2:5:1 The Light of a Deep Dawn
R9.5: 27:10:9 The Evil One of The Endless Darkness
meddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 09:43   #5
Torjus
Nacho`s Bitch

Torjus has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Talking well done

Nice

it was a honour to be allied with u guys
We rocked :=)
Proud to gave beeen in sister galaxy

It was truely a hounour to fight with u guys against Weet/Nar

And to Defend u guys

Change the game. FFS !!!!!!
Proud To be Xraid Pe0n

Round 6: Pe0n
Round 7: Pe0n
Round 8: Pe0n
Round 9: Still Pe0n|tired|half retired
Round 9.5: 41:2:2 Pe0n| The Rider on the White Horse of The river of Life

=Retired Planetarion STAR=

Last edited by Torjus; 27 Mar 2003 at 11:31.
Torjus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 09:46   #6
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Those others have the same option. I see quite a few people on the balance of doing the same. In my gal a few people just quit playing and at least one planet has been marked for deletion for several days now. If a few more gals would go into vac mode it would really jeapordise the future of PA (even more than it already is) as it might well be that many won't bother to come out of vac mode anymore after a week or so of RL.

hAl
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 09:50   #7
meddy
OuZo HC & Xraid HC

another "top" vommv gal just went there too....

now they bash randoms...pld ^^
R8 : 32:1:3 The Evil One of The Endless Darkness (pure 0wnage till deletion) / FAnG BC
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 09:58   #8
DarkAngel
Nothing Is Forever.

DarkAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
i hate it when people go into vacation mode, but nacho as suual your reasons for doing stuff are justified, was an honour to fight by your side in ouzo, and through vomm as always

DA
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 10:00   #9
Hardin

Hardin is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Vacation Mode 42:8

Nacho - u r 100% right about they way things are going.

I have been saying this since a week ago but NARWEET HC don't take any notice... They are just happy to keep bashing VOM and ignore the fact that the game is already stagnating and will be in even worse position shortly! None of them has the balls to do anything independent at this stage!

R9.5 - ? - *NONE* - Lost Avengers returns!!!
R9 - 4:10:5 - *OLYMPIANS* - I hate NARWEET *Boohoo*...
R8 - 26:2:1 - *TITANS* - We wuz robbed - Hidden Dragons foeva!!!
R7 - 5:20:3 - *NONE* - Owners of C5 - Creation of Lost Avengers - PA's most leet BG
R5 - C28 - *ELYSIUM* - Lo Friederich, Hardcastle, CBK and all...
R4 - ? - *NONE* - Hapless noobie
R3 - ? - *NONE* - Hopeless noobie
Hardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 10:03   #10
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of
Re: Vacation Mode 42:8

Quote:
Originally posted by Nacho_OuZo
.. Before we decided this move we had long talks with HC, m8s etc.. Nacho_OuZo
Olympian HC has not at any time agreed to this move. We have on the other hand sharply told the gals in question, that we do not condone this behaviour. Our last top gal containing Oly HC, have not gone into Vacation, and are at this moment facing massive incoming.

We are at the moment discussing the proper measures to take against this sort of behaviour, because we feel it is detriment, to all that Olympians stand for.

on Behalf of Olympian HC
Desse

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 10:06   #11
meddy
OuZo HC & Xraid HC

Yes Hardin, thats right... but i know some weet HCīs and i know they are really "pussys" ... beeing afraid of a vom comeback etc. .

We got incs after the first 3 days (hmmmm some1 leaked our coords heh ? could that be that the vom arbiter was *****d ?)
ok - for myself i got no proofs, but it was funny that my gal got each night incs. Ok that was not the "bad" part... we covered us, and attacked instead. Then came the info NAR allied to WEET ... pld thats great ^^

but...thats ur way to play the game ... : quantity of members > skilled members ...

yes in that fact u won
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 10:08   #12
Nacho_OuZo
OuZo

ofc this was our own decission.. no1 told us to go into vac mode.. the long talks with hc what i said in my thread was only about future of vommv and the game..

it was our own decission to go into vac mode!

OuZo -LoVe- Critters
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 10:21   #13
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Re: Re: Vacation Mode 42:8

Quote:
Originally posted by Desse
Olympian HC has not at any time agreed to this move. We have on the other hand sharply told the gals in question, that we do not condone this behaviour. Our last top gal containing Oly HC, have not gone into Vacation, and are at this moment facing massive incoming.

We are at the moment discussing the proper measures to take against this sort of behaviour, because we feel it is detriment, to all that Olympians stand for.

on Behalf of Olympian HC
Desse
Who cares what you stand for. Clearly quite a few of your members have had it and aren't interested in this round anymore. Keeping them fighting in a hopeless cause is just demotivating. If you keep this war up for a few weeks the chances of your alliance having to disband before r10 will quickly grow. I know you have a lot of dedicated players but believe me that won't lats if the wall start crumbling and all the dedication in the world gets you nowhere anymore.

hAl
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 10:26   #14
Little Timmy
Winker

Little Timmy will become famous soon enoughLittle Timmy will become famous soon enough
I can really appreciate where you are coming from, but I believe you are wrong.

By going into vacation, you are only preserving what is probably already a small fleet that wont make much impact on the war.

What you are stopping yourselves from doing is still advancing along the construction tables to enable you to get better ships/travel times/scans.

As you rightly say it is pointless people launching 4 - 10 fleets at you for your 70 roids. However, as you have already stated, you are a crap enough target without having to go into vacation mode. You also said that a few nar/weet people are already complaining about what is happening (they have nothing to complain about IMHO they helped to created the problem)

So if there is unrest, why not just sit quietly and not in vacation mode and just collect resources ready to be able to build ships that will make an impact when or if a possible split occurs.

Yeah so what Im an Original Pr0nstar

some of us have serious jobs
Little Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 10:27   #15
Terminator2003

Terminator2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
HC do not always listen to their members, and take their own actions while discrediting their members decision. I have for one had a discussion with my HC about another issue and again I feel that the decision this galaxy made, was a just one. It is their account, their planet.

Alliance HC should run the alliance for their members and be in their service, NOT the other way around.

I do not approve or disapprove what those top vom gals have done, it is their decision. Maybe, if more vom gals close their 'juicy' planets from incoming, narweet will be left NO other choice and targets.

Btw. Teenwar, sounds cool :P
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 10:29   #16
Ad0
Slightly different.....

Ad0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: Vacation Mode 42:8

Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
Who cares what you stand for. Clearly quite a few of your members have had it and aren't interested in this round anymore. Keeping them fighting in a hopeless cause is just demotivating. If you keep this war up for a few weeks the chances of your alliance having to disband before r10 will quickly grow. I know you have a lot of dedicated players but believe me that won't lats if the wall start crumbling and all the dedication in the world gets you nowhere anymore.

hAl
I think many people care what they stand for..you seem to think winning is everything and maybee for you and your 'playing friends' thats true, for the people I know howevert nothing could be more from the truth. The oly members who I know have a sense of honour and will fight to the end, and not be dishonourable in combat (for example by having 3:1 member ratio). Titans in round 6 was in a situation much like this.. we got hammered ALL ROUND LONG and very few people left.. those that did wernt worth having anyways.

As far as I am concerned there is NO excuse for quitting ones alliance when it needs you the most and NO excuse for defecting. I dont care if there is incoming every night... if you dont like it then quit.. but dont betray the people who trust you and whom you should be loyal too.

I guess there are two types of people playing PA hal... the good ones.. and you and your 'kin' who are just out for victory or roidcount. I am sorry if this seems like a personal attack but I have been watching this thread with interest and it was the 'straw to break the camels back' so to say.
Ad0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 10:36   #17
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: Re: Re: Vacation Mode 42:8

Quote:
Originally posted by Ad0
I think many people care what they stand for..you seem to think winning is everything and maybee for you and your 'playing friends' thats true, for the people I know howevert nothing could be more from the truth. The oly members who I know have a sense of honour and will fight to the end, and not be dishonourable in combat (for example by having 3:1 member ratio). Titans in round 6 was in a situation much like this.. we got hammered ALL ROUND LONG and very few people left.. those that did wernt worth having anyways.

As far as I am concerned there is NO excuse for quitting ones alliance when it needs you the most and NO excuse for defecting. I dont care if there is incoming every night... if you dont like it then quit.. but dont betray the people who trust you and whom you should be loyal too.

I guess there are two types of people playing PA hal... the good ones.. and you and your 'kin' who are just out for victory or roidcount. I am sorry if this seems like a personal attack but I have been watching this thread with interest and it was the 'straw to break the camels back' so to say.

veery well said

aslong as people have this kind of Motto`s there is always hope
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 10:38   #18
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve
The minute I saw this thread I knew an Oly HC will reply otherwise... judging by his character.

There is no excuseable reason to justify vac mode.
furssie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 10:40   #19
Terminator2003

Terminator2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by Ad0

Ado

First of all Olympians is not Titans

If a large portion of members has these kind of ideas, but the HC doesn't, something is wrong.
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 10:42   #20
Heartshunter
Little Miss Sarcastic

Heartshunter is an unknown quantity at this point
sorry, but vacation mode is the most cowardly way out. Apparently saving your roids is more worth to you then losing friends and respect.
Congratulations.
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 10:48   #21
laputa
Xanadu

laputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by furssie

real vacation maybe?

[23:33] <@Divine> hmm I think I may have a new GF aswell
[23:33] <@Divine> but dunno yet if I want a new GF so early in the round
laputa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 10:49   #22
hAl
ensign forever

Quote:
Originally posted by Ad0

You have really no idea of who I am. I never ever ever betray anybody. And if you ever suggest I would again I will take serious offence in that !!!!

You suggest that by staying in the game I would aid my alliance but to be fair the only thing my alliance gets from me are defcalls which off course they cannot send def too anyways. The reason to go into vac mode (if I ever will) is that I do not have any motivation left to play. At this very moment there is nothing in this game that motivates me any longer to play. I'm a real strategy games fan and this game has nothing of any real interest in that part and is not likeley to become of any interest for weeks or even in this round anymore.

A large group of players have decided to make this game in something it was never supposed to be. I can not even feel any pleasure for one of my best friends in PA leading this round cause there I just lost 5 or 6 m8s in the last few days who have said farewell to PA (allthough I hope one or two will return for the new round 10).

And for my will to win or give a damn about roidscount. I prefer playing random and am against joining a powerblock. I'd rather enjoy a round at rank 1000 than waste my time fighters cheaters to get into top 100.

hAl
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 10:58   #23
Baxrus
HC of StrongHold

Baxrus is an unknown quantity at this point
hehe

I gotta laugh some..
If you havnt formed vommv there would never be a WEET

There would only be Elysium and Wp as allied (like many rounds before) ToT would prolly gone with eclipse or another alliance, maybe a vommv alliance ?
Who knows.. but itwas not WEET that made the first block.

And ive attacked 42:8 twice, first my scout died, and i went back with 1 less harpy.. Last time I went home with 152 roids that was good at that time, i must say Im impressed of 42:8 and they had good contacts, what was wrong with u guys last time ?
I never liked bashing, and i still dont like bashing...
but even the lion eats grass when its no meat left..

I was about to launch on 50:5 before they went into vacation mode, i wasnt very happy, and i still think its not the best way go for the cause.
The future is unsecure, anything can happend, but i hope it ends in the better way, for PA survival, and non bashing

anyways, I would like to see Elysium outside the WEET, stand alone, fight side by side with other alliances, BLocks should be banned....

every alliance for itself.. that would be something..

Elysium could stand up by ourselfs, maybe made us look like n00bs, but god damn i would be proud.

/me was only mins away from hitting the delete button and get a rl

Baxrus, Elysium BC

Last edited by Baxrus; 27 Mar 2003 at 12:25.
Baxrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 11:00   #24
hAl
ensign forever

Quote:
Originally posted by furssie
The minute I saw this thread I knew an Oly HC will reply otherwise... judging by his character.

There is many reasons to.
Some find fighting for a hopeless cause is honourable but to me it is a waste of effort. There is little honour in not being able to admit you lost and continuing to put time and effort of your members in a cause for abuslutly no thing to be gotten out of it.

If you go into vacation mode you might be giving up this fight but frankly there is atm not something worth fighting for. Losing is no shame, nor admitting you lost by going into vac mode. Vacation mode will at least give the players a few days to get out of this losing streak and revover a bit mentally. Also in this round it is a statement of protest against the way some alliances take this game to seriously and ruine the whole concepts of the game.

And then when you get out of vacation mode you can at least set yourself new goals and play a round mayby not to win anymore but to enjoy playing again. Mayby to annoy a few people you wanted to get back at for a while and trash their planets.

hAl
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 11:01   #25
Nacho_OuZo
OuZo

looks like ppl dont understand this thread.. and this is sad to c..

who cares about roids? plz think before u post. i got basehd in r5 and r7 with every nite incomings.. this thread has nothing todo with "affraid" of incomings.. or loosing roids.

hal is right. this post is a protest, statement!! to change the future of the game.. since atm we r able to change something in this boring round! we only have to work 2gether.. we discussed this as galaxy..
im not affraid loosing roids or fleet.. we lost allready.. its to wake up ur minds! to get something to change in this game.. who cares about roids.. so plz think before u flaming us!

OuZo -LoVe- Critters
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 11:05   #26
laputa
Xanadu

laputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to behold
Re: hehe

Quote:
Originally posted by Baxrus

And ive attacked 42:8 twice, first my scout died, and i went back with 1 less harpy.. Last time I went home with 152 roids that was good at that time, i must say Im impressed of 42:8 and they had good contacts, what was wrong with u guys last time ?
What was wrong? If nearly every single VoM gal is under attack even the uberl33test def getter (and we have some of those ) is running out of ships some time.

[23:33] <@Divine> hmm I think I may have a new GF aswell
[23:33] <@Divine> but dunno yet if I want a new GF so early in the round
laputa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 11:08   #27
Jykke
Estharian

Jykke has a spectacular aura aboutJykke has a spectacular aura aboutJykke has a spectacular aura about
Abuse of vacation mode, how bravely cute

[Blue Tuba] -> [Fury] -> [Eclipse] -> [1up]
rounds that I have played; 3-10 and 16.
....."Never Defeat,
.....Never Despair,
Welcome To Esthar"
Jykke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 11:13   #28
Ad0
Slightly different.....

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Vacation Mode 42:8

Quote:
Originally posted by Terminator2003
Ado

First of all Olympians is not Titans

If a large portion of members has these kind of ideas, but the HC doesn't, something is wrong.
I never said oly was titans...Nowhere in my post did I state that. the references to titans were purly an example of what kind of pressure an allaince can come under in a bad round.

The problem is, and you will have to excuse me for being unimformed but I am retired is that the ratio of weet to vom is crazy... I have seen numbers of 1500 v 400 and thats simply insane by anyones standards.

Someone claimed if vom hadnt been formed.. weet wouldnt either, well maybee your right... but certainly a 'mini weet' would. ALl alliances in this game strive to win.. some however will do anything they can to win.. including making a abnormal game ratio between block a and b. If vom hadnt been formed.. and they were indavidual allainces.. then one of the weet alliances would have taken a single allie to secure victory. You ALL KNOW this is what would have happened..

I think people should reflect on what they want from pa..

a) a 3 week round followed by 9 weeks of stress free irc talking and game stagnation
b) a 12 week game of constant conflict...

Clearly we all know which one weet.. and yes vom have picked.
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 11:14   #29
TrinTara

TrinTara is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by meddy
another "top" vommv gal just went there too....

now they bash randoms...pld ^^
No, now they bash us

Sitting here watching 5-10 incoming fleets at each planet and we are barely in the top 200, let along the top 100. Yes even the planets with only 70-80 roids.

Trin
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 11:15   #30
Ad0
Slightly different.....

The stratergy of going into vacation mode is a valid one.. however much I disagree with it... it will do one of 3 things

a) force weet to split and fight to prevent boredom
b) for weet players to become bored , quit thus weekening the alliance
c) make weet pissed and wait until the come out of vac and smash them

From what players tell me.. anything is better than fighting a war against 300% of your numbers and having no chance for even growth never mind victory.

And before anyone flames me for propeganda or whining... I have no reason to do both... I dont play PA seriously.. I am just an observer.
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 11:17   #31
KeyStroke
Certified Maniac

KeyStroke is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Heartshunter
sorry, but vacation mode is the most cowardly way out. Apparently saving your roids is more worth to you then losing friends and respect.
Congratulations.
Uhm, tell me..... if a player got hardly 60 roids to his name, and he got incoming 24/7. You call him coward because he go into vacation mode, and then you even claim him to do it to save roids?

Because people refuse to get kicked over and over while lying down they aint cowards. Just sensible. Its better to have a good night sleep catch up on real life, or do some other fun things that is much more worth your while. Friendship isnt limited by Planetarion as a game. Oh, and regarding respect; the "winning" side this round have earned no respect from anyone. A worthy opponent who give you a good fight and run for your money, is someone to respect. Respect is earned and given nothing you can take or demand.
<Zhil> hmm
<Hicks> Dreadnought II theyd call me
KeyStroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 11:21   #32
Baxrus
HC of StrongHold

Quote:
Originally posted by KeyStroke
. Oh, and regarding respect; the "winning" side this round have earned no respect from anyone. A worthy opponent who give you a good fight and run for your money, is someone to respect. Respect is earned and given nothing you can take or demand.
Like I said, WEET didnt make the first move, vommv was created first, then WEET followed, what about they could just be an alliance and not block?
We are blaiming wrong parts here...
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 11:21   #33
Baco
-= Plush Puppet =-

Baco is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Heartshunter
Congratulations.
PS - I have done it once but not for those reasons....and VOM aint dead Nacho, we r just losing, it's part of the game.
We all should be able to deal with it.

r4 - 133:25:?? PTA
r5 - 35:7:?? MI/ViruS/NoS/PTA
r6 - 21:7:4 NoS/PTA
r7 - 21:4:12 NoS/PTA
r8 - 25:5:9 NoS / Titans & Plush / PTA
r9 - 24:2:7 Olympians / PTA
WC4 - 1:6:4 winner gal
r9.5 - 42:7:8 & 11:2:25 & 19:2:16 Olympians / PTA / Plush
r10 - XX:YY:ZZ RaH!
Baco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 11:25   #34
Dreadnought!

lay a little egg on me
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 11:25   #35
Baxrus
HC of StrongHold

Quote:
Originally posted by Ad0
The stratergy of going into vacation mode is a valid one.. however much I disagree with it... it will do one of 3 things

a) force weet to split and fight to prevent boredom
b) for weet players to become bored , quit thus weekening the alliance
c) make weet pissed and wait until the come out of vac and smash them
Yeah lets remove the boredom with forcing the others to have it boring too.. like we aint bored ****less now allready ?
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 11:25   #36
KeyStroke
Certified Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by TrinTara
No, now they bash us

Sitting here watching 5-10 incoming fleets at each planet and we are barely in the top 200, let along the top 100. Yes even the planets with only 70-80 roids.

Trin
Trin, its not limited only to the vom block but everyone caught in between too. Like I sort of asked an attacker today what the big deal was and got as reply;

"some woom hc are to stupid to build an right alliance....sorry but i attack as long i can"

Riiiight. Great intel those guys got Maybe we should get honoured being bashed by a top #3 galaxy + their support cronies. Good show guys, be proud of yourself. You did good today (heavy sarcasme)

You get attacked, it happens each round, its a part of the game but its a difference from being attacked and to be exterminated and driven from the game.
<Zhil> hmm
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 11:26   #37
Aviendha1975
m33p m33p

Aviendha1975 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hmmm

So in r6 when Deus and XETA (or whatever coallition it was that round, scuse an old woman who can't keep sides apart across all those wretched rounds heh) were giving us a run for our money, all i had to do was go in vacmode and i'd have been a hero?

Is that how it works nowadays?

I'm sure you'll forgive me when i laugh when i see you come back from vacmode with all your roids still intact as soon as the tables turn in your advantage.
I'm sure you'll all be very proud of yourselves then and claim it was your nobility and persistence that paid off 'heh'

Respect to Olympians for taking such a clear stand on this.

Now stop all the babbling and nitpicking and go back to playing a game.
If this was real life you'd be the ones on hungry-strike to show the protest, and we could easily have you committed to a psychiatric ward and force feed you.
I wish creators would remove the vacmode button :/

In all the many rounds i played, and of those all the times i've been living on the bottom of the foodchain, i've never ever felt inclined to take a political stand by means of deleting my planet or going in vacmode or anything alike.

Gaming and blabbering should be seperate, that's why you've got AD to troll and a planet to build ships on.
Aviendha1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 11:27   #38
hAl
ensign forever

Quote:
Originally posted by Baco
PS - I have done it once but not for those reasons....and VOM aint dead Nacho, we r just losing, it's part of the game.
We all should be able to deal with it.
If you are losing than why is taking a few days of from the game such a bad thing ? Will it make your loss worse ? Not really.
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 11:30   #39
Ad0
Slightly different.....

Quote:
Yeah lets remove the boredom with forcing the others to have it boring too.. like we aint bored ****less now allready ?
Well maybee before the opposition 'allainces' form a block which outnumbers vvomm 3:1 they should ponder the eventual aspect of boredom and stagnation. They didnt need to create a huge block.. they could have been reasonably sure of victory wih 2x members and had a round lasting 2 months, while giving vvomm a chance.

The only reason for the weet+others block forming was to be 1000% sure of victory.

Dont complain about what VOM do to force you into action.. something that you should of done yourseld by now.
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 11:35   #40
Aviendha1975
m33p m33p

Aviendha1975 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Uhm, tell me..... if a player got hardly 60 roids to his name, and he got incoming 24/7. You call him coward because he go into vacation mode, and then you even claim him to do it to save roids?

Because people refuse to get kicked over and over while lying down they aint cowards. Just sensible. Its better to have a good night sleep catch up on real life, or do some other fun things that is much more worth your while. Friendship isnt limited by Planetarion as a game. Oh, and regarding respect; the "winning" side this round have earned no respect from anyone. A worthy opponent who give you a good fight and run for your money, is someone to respect. Respect is earned and given nothing you can take or demand.

That's really how you think?
If you're beaten down and don't have the will anymore to get back up, then delete in peace and quiet, have a real life with some beer and some wild nights and come back if you're ever tempted again.

God, i've been attacked by multies that got deleted right after (who cares right, not like i get my roids back heh), been roided and farmed by the #1 player when i wasn't even 1/100th of his score (yes in those cool days before the newbie-protection law was thought of) who coincidentially got deleted as well at the end heh.
Sure i've shouted at my screen, and suicided my fleet a couple of times thinking if i go down i'll annoy at least someone with it heh.

But never have i considered making a big fuss about it, or wanting to show a protest by avoiding the game-essentials.

If i were that fed up, i'd just leave the planet lying around for anyone to find and roid, or just delete it and find myself a nice pub and some mates to have a laugh with.

Maybe i just don't 'live' the game as much as others do. But this smells more of an attempt to hold the entire game-tactics hostage than a truefelt call for sympathy heh.

And be honest, who responds well to pressure and blackmail?
Aviendha1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 11:35   #41
Ad0
Slightly different.....

Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
If you are losing than why is taking a few days of from the game such a bad thing ? Will it make your loss worse ? Not really.
because it further ensures that your alliance and the people who wish to continue playing have even less chance of being effective.

When you join an allaince you have a certain responsability to the other players, your actions effect their fun just as much as your own and a whole gal going into vacation mode completly removes their firepower from alliance control.

This highlights my point about types of players in PA..

Its not 'I I I' it should be 'we we we' its a shame people seem not to understand that.
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 11:38   #42
Baxrus
HC of StrongHold

Quote:
Originally posted by Ad0
Well maybee before the opposition 'allainces' form a block which outnumbers vvomm 3:1 they should ponder the eventual aspect of boredom and stagnation. They didnt need to create a huge block.. they could have been reasonably sure of victory wih 2x members and had a round lasting 2 months, while giving vvomm a chance.

The only reason for the weet+others block forming was to be 1000% sure of victory.

Dont complain about what VOM do to force you into action.. something that you should of done yourseld by now.
Hah.. typical answer..
Ofc we wanted to win with our block when we had to fight "ugly" vommv. But this could be prevented even before the round.. And vommv HC knew they was outnumbered if they stod alone.
Hence afraid of losing, and lost they did..Maybe they would last longer if it was alliance vs alliance, and not block vs block.

I miss the time when Fury excisted, then we had a reason to build ships, a reason to launch on them.. Elysium was created cos we were suppose to fight Fury.. Now they are gone and we had to find new enemies, We had allready looked in Virus and Madcows (since we was ELysium and WP)
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 11:42   #43
TrinTara

TrinTara is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Trin, its not limited only to the vom block but everyone caught in between too. Like I sort of asked an attacker today what the big deal was and got as reply;

"some woom hc are to stupid to build an right alliance....sorry but i attack as long i can"
At least you get a reply. I mail now and again, a lighthearted friendly congrats, asking them to look after those precious shiny roids or some other such nonsense and get nothing back at all.

No, I take that back....I get a reply, incoming from the same galaxy three days in a row.

Most people don't have the emotional or social maturity to win graciously and keep the fun in the game. They forget that they are playing 'real' people.

Trin
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 11:42   #44
KeyStroke
Certified Maniac

Quote:
Like I said, WEET didnt make the first move, vommv was created first, then WEET followed, what about they could just be an alliance and not block?
We are blaiming wrong parts here...
Bax you know just as well as me, that activty, skill, experience doesnt mean **** this round. And to put blame on either block is just dumb as both are equaly to blame. The blocks is the death to Planetarion but they dont care. Sure reply back with the bull**** about you are just playing the game and not your fault. Truth is I doubt there will be any more Planetarion after this round at all because the player base is so crippled it wont recover unless a real effort is made to do so. But hey, if r9 will be how you remember Planetarion, please by my guest. Alliance hc's that act like spoiled brats to get it their way not caring about anything or take any responsibility at all. God forbid you should end up do the right thing, just because its the right thing to do.

Its like saying "he is an idiot, so better be an idiot yourself to not blend out"...
<Zhil> hmm
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 11:43   #45
Ad0
Slightly different.....

Quote:
Hah.. typical answer..
Ofc we wanted to win with our block when we had to fight "ugly" vommv. But this could be prevented even before the round.. And vommv HC knew they was outnumbered if they stod alone.
Hence afraid of losing, and lost they did..Maybe they would last longer if it was alliance vs alliance, and not block vs block.

I miss the time when Fury excisted, then we had a reason to build ships, a reason to launch on them.. Elysium was created cos we were suppose to fight Fury.. Now they are gone and we had to find new enemies, We had allready looked in Virus and Madcows (since we was ELysium and WP)
Do you miss my point entirely ?

If you were afraid of a vom block.. you create one of EQUAL SIZE... damn even double the size if you want to be sure... but not 3x and CERTAINLY not near 4x the members... as far as I am concerned this is cowardly... plain and simple.
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 11:43   #46
hAl
ensign forever

Quote:
Originally posted by Ad0
because it further ensures that your alliance and the people who wish to continue playing have even less chance of being effective.

When you join an allaince you have a certain responsability to the other players, your actions effect their fun just as much as your own and a whole gal going into vacation mode completly removes their firepower from alliance control.

This highlights my point about types of players in PA..

Its not 'I I I' it should be 'we we we' its a shame people seem not to understand that.
Well, mayby you have stil gals contributing to firepower but my gals only gets daily incomings and has les roids then a week ago. We contribute nothing. If we take roids we lose them faster back to hostiles. We suck def (allthough we don't get much) and still lose roids.

You speak of an alliance having less chance to be effective ? Please clarify this ? What is your effectivness aimed at ? You seem have any realistic goal that requires this effectivness atm ??? To me it seems much more effective to give your members a small breather and a few good nights of sleep. After that they might be much more motivated, not in winning off course, but to show that even when small you can still play a good game.

hAl
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 11:46   #47
KeyStroke
Certified Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by TrinTara
At least you get a reply. I mail now and again, a lighthearted friendly congrats, asking them to look after those precious shiny roids or some other such nonsense and get nothing back at all.

No, I take that back....I get a reply, incoming from the same galaxy three days in a row.

Most people don't have the emotional or social maturity to win graciously and keep the fun in the game. They forget that they are playing 'real' people.

Trin
Well, it wont take all that long time before they are left playing with themselves as no one else want too. Only thing that wont change is the bickering on AD about who did most wrong to Planetarion because of whatever bull**** reason.
<Zhil> hmm
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 11:47   #48
Ad0
Slightly different.....

Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
Well, mayby you have stil gals contributing to firepower but my gals only gets daily incomings and has les roids then a week ago. We contribute nothing. If we take roids we lose them faster back to hostiles. We suck def (allthough we don't get much) and still lose roids.

You speak of an alliance having less chance to be effective ? Please clarify this ? What is your effectivness aimed at ? You seem have any realistic goal that requires this effectivness atm ??? To me it seems much more effective to give your members a small breather and a few good nights of sleep. After that they might be much more motivated, not in winning off course, but to show that even when small you can still play a good game.

hAl
What would I do in this situation ? same thing I did in round 7.. get a core group of actives together and start fleet catching... ruin the rounds of some weet players by killing all fleet in a tick...

thats what i would do.. but then again I am a nasty tw*t
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 11:48   #49
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
I hope you're ashamed of yourselves.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 11:53   #50
KeyStroke
Certified Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by Aviendha1975
Maybe i just don't 'live' the game as much as others do. But this smells more of an attempt to hold the entire game-tactics hostage than a truefelt call for sympathy heh.

And be honest, who responds well to pressure and blackmail?
In a war, you do whatever to damage the other side. If like whole of VOM and other non blocked galaxies went into vacation mode just to lock the game for the "enemy" side. It would be worth it. Then both sides can sit and feel misserable.

In past rounds of Planetarion there been more players.. way way more players. Its been room to recover and grow back. Nowadays most random and casual players quit, you got the hardcore players left. They just wont sit there initiate roids for the other side. When roid growth stop in the universe so does everything else.
<Zhil> hmm