User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 30 Jan 2012, 11:16   #1
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts
I Can't Cope

I work 9-5 and am very busy out of work

I do not want to wake at 03/04/05 am. And I can't land launching at 11pm +2 or 7am

Please bring pre launch back or I am one severely handicapped pa player

thanks for listening

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2012, 12:17   #2
PewPewQQ
Google Me.
Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Summer Games Champion, Twelve Swap Champion

PewPewQQ is a jewel in the roughPewPewQQ is a jewel in the roughPewPewQQ is a jewel in the roughPewPewQQ is a jewel in the rough
Re: I Can't Cope

I shed a tear for you...

PewPewQQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2012, 17:11   #3
zL
Banned

zL is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewQQ View Post
I shed a tear for you...

lol
zL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2012, 23:56   #4
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
Please bring pre launch back or I am one severely handicapped pa player
You've always been "one severely handicapped pa player".

(Sorry - I just couldn't resist).
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2012, 14:28   #5
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcChas View Post
You've always been "one severely handicapped pa player".

(Sorry - I just couldn't resist).
lol now that made me laugh

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2012, 14:46   #6
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Spam refs ftw :P
I don't blame the game though. Apparently, the majority of players are willing to get up between 2am - 6am to launch their attack fleets, so that alliances do not feel compelled to change their LTs. (Which was expected, since the only way to get players to attack during the day is to BAN night time attacks :P)
I am taking it easy this round, mostly interested in how the pl removal affects the end of round and the number of signups next round.
Unread 1 Feb 2012, 20:52   #7
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough

The mbiggest difference clearly is that incomings keep coming through a good part ofthe day instead of 3-4 intense ticks in the morning.
Good or bad? I'd say bad..its harder.

As far as launches comes i havent seen much of a change, i still get up around 5 gametime and launch 1-4 ticks later, maybe a third are lands.
Unread 1 Feb 2012, 21:08   #8
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough

I told you alliances WILL NOT CHANGE THEIR LTs

The whole pl thing was introduces out of a need because alliances couldn't shift their attack times as the night times simply are the best times to attack.

Now watch how more and more people get inactive or leave. Well done PA team! You're doing a great job in clearing the PA community and make the domain name itself free for a new project.. Really well done

And...

Relation Change Ascendancy and the Horde are now at war with each other.
Korsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2012, 14:59   #9
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korsan View Post

The whole pl thing was introduces out of a need because alliances couldn't shift their attack times as the night times simply are the best times to attack.

Now watch how more and more people get inactive or leave. Well done PA team! You're doing a great job in clearing the PA community and make the domain name itself free for a new project.. Really well done
Isnt DLR launching at mornings instead now ? And they seem to be doing pretty well.

No problem with launching at mornings. Alliances are just to stupid to try and do what fit their members best. You cant wake up at night to launch with your ally ? Well go solo attack then. And if you cant or are allowed to do that in your ally, just change ally.. ^^
Plaguuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2012, 15:24   #10
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaguuu View Post
Isnt DLR launching at mornings instead now ? And they seem to be doing pretty well.

No problem with launching at mornings. Alliances are just to stupid to try and do what fit their members best. You cant wake up at night to launch with your ally ? Well go solo attack then. And if you cant or are allowed to do that in your ally, just change ally.. ^^
DLR has been launching in the mornings for about 10 rounds now... usually at top 20 gals who are allready being raided by one of the top alliances. What else is new?

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2012, 15:56   #11
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaguuu View Post

Dont talk about solo attacks...
I am allianceless. The only chance to land a solo attack is to find an allianceless player like me as ingal def seems to be a heavily overrated part of the game for the majority of the players.

And...

Unread 2 Feb 2012, 20:28   #12
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

i have had this attack times arguement a few times this round - i dont see why the alliances wont change

stop setting up 2am to 5am attack times - is bloody shit for over half these alliances - look at how crap ND are now - !!

Set attacks from 4am to 7am/8am - means eu guys can launch before work/uni and americans can pl before bed and wake up to j scan before they have work/uni - it just makes good pa sense - DO IT!
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2012, 01:49   #13
Carrington

Carrington is on a distinguished road

yes boss
Unread 4 Feb 2012, 05:55   #14
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Then those alliances are dumb as ****.
If the HC's aren't doing what's best for their member base, they deserve to fail at landing.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2012, 16:28   #15
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi_K View Post
Then those alliances are dumb as ****.
If the HC's aren't doing what's best for their member base, they deserve to fail at landing.
The HCs do what is best actually.
Attacking at daytime greatly decreases your landing chances as your attacks launch at times where almost everyone is online.
As I said before there was PL alliances launchd their attacks on late night times as well as that's simply the best time to attack.
I just found out that even though I have time I am not willing to set my clock for a game and interrupt my sleep. Those who are willing to do so will prevail in the end.
This means the game just got even more hardcore and inaccessible for new players.

And...

Unread 4 Feb 2012, 16:46   #16
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
The HCs do what is best actually.
Attacking at daytime greatly decreases your landing chances as your attacks launch at times where almost everyone is online.
I've been finding that some where between 7gmt-10gmt right now is the sweet spot for landing anything.
Quote:
As I said before there was PL alliances launchd their attacks on late night times as well as that's simply the best time to attack.
PL + 6 was a pathetic crutch, the game was pretty much purely played by bots at the point.
Quote:
I just found out that even though I have time I am not willing to set my clock for a game and interrupt my sleep. Those who are willing to do so will prevail in the end.
This means the game just got even more hardcore and inaccessible for new players.
Ahhh the old "It's just a <blank>" argument.
That's a classic one.
So either you're an idiot for not being able to comprehend what this game requires or you're an idiot for knowing it, while at the same time penalizing everyone else you're playing with for it.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2012, 17:30   #17
tulsa
Registered Loser

tulsa will become famous soon enoughtulsa will become famous soon enough

Quote:
That's been the story of PA since they allowed buddy packs. The decision to cater to existing players over new players was made long long ago.

I think this is really more of an issue for 2nd tier players than new players. This separates the cream from the milk: if you're a 1st tier/never use PL/aiming for #1/harcore player then the PL issue doesn't change anything for you - while if you're 2nd tier/PL and go to bed/hoping for top 100/playing chill, then things just got a little harder. Seems to me it only got harder to ride the tailcoats of the few remaining 1st tier players.

And really, it wasn't all that long ago that the top allies didn't allow PL, and would even police it with jgp's. Funny how some of the loudest complainers about this change in PL would have been the primary promoters only a few years ago...
tulsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2012, 17:42   #18
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
You know what else greatly decreases your landing chances? Setting up attacks when no one is around to launch.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2012, 21:17   #19
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
You know what else greatly decreases your landing chances? Setting up attacks when no one is around to launch.
Correct. But the game as it is now forces people to be around (at earth's most fked up times). Got my point?

Game has become "either you sacrifice your sleep, your real life or you will be shit".

A step into the wrong direction in times of declining player numbers if you ask me. It's not a question about how good I am/you are - the question is was it a wise decision and will this decision attract more players to pa? As we all agree the #1 issue of this game is the missing player count.

By the way I'd be really happy if people for once could keep out personal insults on a discussion.

And...

Unread 6 Feb 2012, 01:47   #20
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Quote:
Correct. But the game as it is now forces people to be around (at earth's most fked up times). Got my point?.
Not true. The game as it is now (or as it would be if PL for attacks was completely removed) gives you the choice. Everyone being able to (PL) attack at 04:00 is what forces people to be around - unless we just want to take the defence aspect out of this game altogether.

Quote:
Game has become "either you sacrifice your sleep, your real life or you will be shit".
The game hasn't become that due to the PL changes - "t'was ever thus".

Quote:
A step into the wrong direction in times of declining player numbers if you ask me. It's not a question about how good I am/you are - the question is was it a wise decision and will this decision attract more players to pa? As we all agree the #1 issue of this game is the missing player count.

By the way I'd be really happy if people for once could keep out personal insults on a discussion.
I agree that we should be looking at the (probably terminal) decline in player numbers though - and also that we could use a few less personal insults.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
Unread 8 Feb 2012, 16:38   #21
joopster

joopster is an unknown quantity at this point

I do agree the prelaunch restrictions are s-h-i-t.
The game is losing members each round, why make it even harder for the 'normal' (new) players. This will result in losing players even faster.

Please change it back!
joopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2012, 16:37   #22
Gary
xVx Peon

Gary is an unknown quantity at this point

I see both sides of the argument. However personally waiting until 1am/2am to set +2 is a bit annoying, and I am obviously tired for work having to get up at 7am.

That said before the game is opened up to 100's of more players (yes a big assumption there) perhaps the full removal of PL is required to make the game truely 24/7. Other online games players attack or do what they need to do when they are online, and PA is very unusual in that respect in that players have to go out of their way to contribute. The complete removal of PL is necessary to make PA playable to an expanded player base.

More alliances will follow the DLR model, some will attack mid day, some will launch at midnight. And a more varied PA is better for all of us IMO.
Unread 11 Feb 2012, 17:51   #23
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

Removing pl fully would remove hundreds of players, no doubt.
Unread 13 Feb 2012, 13:46   #24
Sebos

Sebos is a jewel in the roughSebos is a jewel in the roughSebos is a jewel in the rough

As much as it pains me to enter such a stupid argument i will do so ...

How on earth can you consider a sweet spot for landing 2am :/. With sms and the like a hardcore/good alliance will wake up and send regardless. What makes an attack good is not the time it launches but what the hell is sent.....

Example:

Alliance A launches 1.5m bs on a gal at 2am ( a lot of members miss launch time coz they cant get up or refuse to etc etc) Alliance A then launches a further 1.5m BS at 10am when the rest of the alliance wakes up. peon a complains no1 launches at 2am my attack sucks peon b complains no1 launches at 10am attacks suck. Meanwhile the target alliance laughs because they cover both.

Alliance A launches 3m BS at 7am in bigger more organised waves ( due to the fact more people can launch) more people land. Not because there are more/less fleets around from the target alliance/gal but because the attack was just better. added to launching at 7am you get a lot of people out on attacks themselves so there aint the fleets left to defend. In fact attacking planets probably make up the same amount if not more than sleeping ones. So you are left with the target with some members in business meetings, some afk at work, some attacking. The sheer numbers of co-ordinated fleets make it hard work to get a good cover.

Just attack at a time that suits you and ur alliance and stop moaning. If your alliance is too stupid to realise that they are damaging their player base by having a late launch still then your in the wrong alliance :/

note: ofc the numbers are irrelevant in terms of 3m bs or whatever.
Sebos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2012, 19:36   #25
Killeah
Old Skool

Killeah has a spectacular aura aboutKilleah has a spectacular aura about

well said. If nothing else, then the current war shows that you can launch whenever you like and be successful

As long as you:

attack in numbers - good coverage
Choose targets which galaxies/alliances are busy elsewhere

- that could be any alliance at 12:00 pm -
Killeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2012, 13:59   #26
DigitalZero
Round 1er

DigitalZero will become famous soon enoughDigitalZero will become famous soon enough

I hate this non-PL round.

Round 1 - 6: NewDawn
- 3,4,5 - ND HC
Round 7: NeMeSiS
Round 8,9: ND..then retired
Round 12: return to PA. NewDawn
Round 13 - Present: NewDawn, 35+ HC.

PA-Radio!!!
DigitalZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2012, 23:06   #27
Vladel
Retired

Vladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really nice

I remember back in the day when i used to stay up till 4 am planning attacks on target assignment before i got to launch and go to bed. They already got rid of most of the hardcore players with prelaunch and it's ironic that no prelaunch might get rid of the rest haha.

Rnd 26-32 Jenova Denial (BC) Newdawn (HC)

Rnd 33 Retired
Vladel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2012, 07:55   #28
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

Weed out the inactive, lower the ally limits to 50, and get real contests for top alliance/gal/planet instead of Ult always winning. I mean lets be honest they will win every round until an alliance starts playing on there level. FaNG came close this round they had really strong defense but absolutely no attack coordination.

PL didn't really change that much it just meant that alliances either had to do Live Tp, or settle to the fact that half their ally would miss Launches because of sleep/work/uni.
Unread 26 Feb 2012, 09:39   #29
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

well its still quite tough.. having no competition made our members lazy and turned us into a crashmachine.. fang initiating for 100 ticks and having close to no incomings have taken em quite close to us already

but yes, this game needs more competition, something really fresh and more fun.. removing prelaunch made it a bit more better (THANK YOU FOR AT LAST DOING THIS AFTER XXX ROUNDS), attacks have switched from almoust 100% 04:00-06:00 game time launches to more wider range, morning attacks work, etc.. now if u somehow made the alliance competition harder (give a try for smaller tags, there really is just 1-2 alliances neways who can deal with a full tag, giving em alot more strenght than the shittier ones) and brought something new in the game concerning other ranks (planet, galaxy, scanner, launcher, killer, defender, whatever) then this might take at least a bit more positive turn
Unread 26 Feb 2012, 10:43   #30
guzlic

guzlic is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd give a shot at smaller tags aswell. Sure, it has possible downsides, but trying it is better then doing nothing atm.
guzlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2012, 17:40   #31
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

I'm tired of trying to explain why smaller tags are not feasible. Good luck with finding enough competent (or otherwise) officers for the "extra" tags.

But it's good to see someone who is prepared to stand up for the PL change. Now let's hope we can go the rest of the way and remove PL (for attacks) altogether.
Unread 26 Feb 2012, 18:43   #32
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

I'd think the best way to cope with this no-PL is to have more live TP and do smaller hits, or just continuos hits on gals. Tactics with fakes/defsucks help alot too in building up more decent waves on gals. If alliances can manage to DC and have people on to send defence, I don't see why they can't do the same on offence.
This does however require more teamwork and sacrifice on offence, and that won't work in an alliance where everyone are racing for the best and easiest targets.
Unread 26 Feb 2012, 19:52   #33
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcChas View Post
I'm tired of trying to explain why smaller tags are not feasible. Good luck with finding enough competent (or otherwise) officers for the "extra" tags.

But it's good to see someone who is prepared to stand up for the PL change. Now let's hope we can go the rest of the way and remove PL (for attacks) altogether.
and im kinda tired to back up my ideas about the smaller tags.. every time someone starts with this shit again, then alwasy the same old points are brought out..

same goes for the officer thing that u just said..

firstly, 40-50 man tag would mean, that even ND and CT and why not Apprime, have enough ppl to go for the win.. having the same amount of planets intag than the others, might give them a chance to go for it.. yes, multiple alliances can gang up to attack and once in a while share def (which can be avoided by some hardcoding), however the amount of tag players is leveled and the odds are more even

secondly, having smaller tags would also mean that old alliances returning or Kenny trying again, would be at least a bit more easier to cope with - since running a smaller tag = its becomes easier

thirdly, having more alliances makes the politics more diverse.. we might have ultores 1 and ultores 2 for a round or two, but in 3 rounds time those ult 1 and ult2 could likely be competing vs each other as well, giving more options for more interesting politics and the overall gameplay.. i just dont belive that if i was in ult 1 and mikee was in ult 2, then I`d let that bastard be in a winning ally, instead of me.. if it was up to me..

also the phrase "officer", thats kind of an old word that really dosent exist nemore, unless ure in ND or CT, which again aint workin for em, is it ? Nowdays there`s kinda just 1 bot needed to run an ally and 2-3 ppl that are up for negotiating with others + gettin needed information.. ofc the defence calls are mighty important to handle, but u dont need a designated DC to deal with em.. + removing PL and gettin the regular attack launch times to happen around the clock, instead of just europe night time, would also be helping to cope with this matter..

long story, might not be well constructed since i have no time atm, but hopefully u get my idea..

there will always be ppl blabbing who is right or who is wrong and from time and time again say the same old pro/against points.. but this will all be just some assumption until its actually tried out..

as i see it, this couldnt hurt the game in any possible way.. apart from making it more interesting for at least a few rounds.. until its dead neways, if nothing big happens :P
Unread 26 Feb 2012, 20:19   #34
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

I surely don't agree with you with them small tags nubroon

Just of the fact that there would be alot more hardcore tags in the game, and then casual alliances would get twatted to shit. ND's strength has been that part of their players can play active that round when others can't, but they somewhat get evend out by having the numbers over others.
Unread 26 Feb 2012, 21:02   #35
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

"weed out the inactives", who wants a universe with 2-300 planets??
Unread 26 Feb 2012, 21:13   #36
Gary
xVx Peon

Gary is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buly View Post
I'd think the best way to cope with this no-PL is to have more live TP and do smaller hits, or just continuos hits on gals. Tactics with fakes/defsucks help alot too in building up more decent waves on gals. If alliances can manage to DC and have people on to send defence, I don't see why they can't do the same on offence.
This does however require more teamwork and sacrifice on offence, and that won't work in an alliance where everyone are racing for the best and easiest targets.
I can't believe I am about to endorse a post from Buly.., but this ^^
Unread 26 Feb 2012, 21:59   #37
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's actually a really bad idea. You want your entire alliance launching all at once, overwhelming the defense. Sending a trickle all day long is any decent galaxies wet dream.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 27 Feb 2012, 01:13   #38
Buly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
It's actually a really bad idea. You want your entire alliance launching all at once, overwhelming the defense. Sending a trickle all day long is any decent galaxies wet dream.
So the entire alliance launching the same tick, making 1 lolwave per planet is the best raiding strategy resulting in good landings? Why didn't alliances do this when PL was around?

edit: had to fix a typo so that mz can't troll for it. I hope there aren't more of them in the post.
Unread 27 Feb 2012, 01:17   #39
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

All I'll add is that you're right neroon, yes I am in CT (have been for several rounds now) and yes they still use officers. So did VGN when I was HC there. We can't get enough DCs (or whatever the substitute is supposed to be) to have full covereage - and we're one of the larger alliances. Where we're going to find the extra DCs (or equivalent) for the extra alliances I don't know. Perhaps they'll use this system of yours that doesn't need anyone.
(I'm obviously missing something here so please enlighten me).
Unread 27 Feb 2012, 10:29   #40
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
So the entire alliance launching the same tick, making 1 lolwave per planet is the best raiding strategy resulting in good landings? Why didn't alliances do this when PL was around? .
I did not mean alliances should all land on one single tick. That would be about as stupid as sending a few fleets throughout the day. Are you being intentionally dense?

Quote:
edit: had to fix a typo so that mz can't troll for it. I hope there aren't more of them in the post
lololol
Unread 27 Feb 2012, 11:51   #41
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

Ah well, PL (+6) is back. So we return to everyone attacking at 04:00 approx.

At least CBA will be happy.
Unread 27 Feb 2012, 12:27   #42
neroon

This is retarded... close this game already instead of just switching back to old comfortable ways after more than 2 ppl have bitched about new things being bad and make them change the way they are used to routinly play.. well done

tbh, im now changing my mind and joining the ranks of old pa players that do not belive this game can pull out nemore
Unread 27 Feb 2012, 12:38   #43
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by neroon View Post
This is retarded... close this game already instead of just switching back to old comfortable ways after more than 2 ppl have bitched about new things being bad and make them change the way they are used to routinly play.. well done

tbh, im now changing my mind and joining the ranks of old pa players that do not belive this game can pull out nemore
Q.Q. neroon

Seriously man what is your problem? over half the player base had some serious problems with the p/l rule and around a quarter were unbanle to compete for their usual ranks..

Stop being a bit*h and start pwning!

Unread 27 Feb 2012, 12:46   #44
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Aww, unable to get their usual ranks when they weren't coddled every step of the way. Those poor people! My heart bleeds.
Unread 27 Feb 2012, 15:20   #45
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
Q.Q. neroon

Seriously man what is your problem? over half the player base had some serious problems with the p/l rule and around a quarter were unbanle to compete for their usual ranks..

Stop being a bit*h and start pwning!
Think you have that the wrong way around...because of the change, people who relied on the game to do everything for them are now competing for their "proper" ranks....
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2012, 16:11   #46
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt View Post
Think you have that the wrong way around...because of the change, people who relied on the game to do everything for them are now competing for their "proper" ranks....
yeah and that's just what this game needs right?

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2012, 17:17   #47
CBA
Mind-boggling

What she said

Unread 27 Feb 2012, 21:31   #48
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

And so the game moves back to being played completely at 4 am European time. Completely ridiculous. How on earth anyone ever expects new players to like that is beyond me.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2012, 22:11   #49
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shev View Post
And so the game moves back to being played completely at 4 am European time. Completely ridiculous. How on earth anyone ever expects new players to like that is beyond me.
Indeed sucks!

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2012, 10:09   #50
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
yeah and that's just what this game needs right?

What this game needs is more players...prelaunch change wont affect that as this round has proven..only difference is that we have noticed the difference between players who can/will put the time in and those that can't/won't....
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote