User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 4 May 2011, 19:42   #51
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Omega has fallen the end of the world is here....

By the by, the thing that annoyed me about Clouds' departure is that he did f**k all for the first 3 weeks of the round whilst tim and I did all the work (with Xyph and RaZeR being less active (which they'd said they were going to be pre-round anyway) and Dealer being both inactive and counter-productive when he did 'act'). We eventually got pretty worn out, and were willing to accommodate any old idiot that would volunteer their time (for the pursposes of this argument, assume that I'm only talking about you, Clouds).

Clouds then spent a few nights doing TA and got an ego complex that somehow led him to think he was in some way competent. I shalln't mention the fact that you TA'd over half the alliance (42+ participants out of 69 members, discounting scanners) onto one gal, in which was predominantly Apprime. I shall also skip over the fact that Apprime also had incomings on two other gals, from two other alliances, and were essentially out-numbered 120-40 (that's 3:1) and barely lost a roid. The fact that the gal you TA'd on didn't lose a single wave probably isn't worth mentioning either.

What is worth mentioning is that you stepped up at a point in which morale in Omega was pretty low anyway (and with it, attack/defense participation) after the alliance had already been at war with both CT and App for 2 weeks, during which you sent def and went back to bed. Sure, this was more than a lot of others were doing, but it's nothing that would otherwise earn you a cookie.

As I've already conceded in this thread, my attitude was a way off of being perfect. But I was DC'ing and sending more def fleets than anyone else in the alliance, which is more than you were doing. Also, due to the politics of the round we were struggling to catch a break as an alliance. And as much as it's easy for simple minds to point fingers at the guy conducting himself less than pleasantly, the real buzzkill for the alliance was the psychological impact of having our asses handed to us.

Politically, it was pretty much a no-hoper. The alliance we would have otherwise been closest to (CT) pulled a bag of recruits out of thin air moments before the round started and decided they should push for the win. Fair enough, it sucked for us but mehh - that's not their problem. As the otherwise strongest prospect for the roundwin, Apprime were keen to see us die early on. Can't fault them for that either. NewDawn on the other hand were fencing as per usual. Promising one thing then failing to deliver. Which, by the way, should not be held against NewDawn as an alliance as everyone was following Williams' (and I quote) "masterplan". xVx were playing with a small tag and didn't want to involve themselves in the race for #1 (much like TGV). DLR were an incredibly small tag just playing for fun and despite having huge value, it was never in their interests to take sides as because of their low numbers they couldn't afford the backlash of chosing one side over another. Rock were allied with CT and were playing to support them whilst do as well as they could for themselves*. ODDR are playing for enjoyment and despite being seen to work with Apprime a lot, people forget they're a lower tier alliance and it's not their responsibility to hit up the way against anyone who they don't want to.

Despite Omega having the best start as an alliance (which actually made us more of a target than a contender), there was no real hope for support, politically. As such, we got brow-beaten by incomings with increasingly less defense participation as motivation dropped. Any attacks we did make were scuppered by people having to recall due to incs, so we were landing very little.

1v1 on any alliance playing this round, and omega would have come out on top. But that's not how PA works so being a better alliance than any one of your competitors means little without the political support to make it work.

Anyway, back to Clouds.

Clouds put in a lot of time to Omega during the 4th week of the round and despite the fact that he was getting very few landings, it was good to see somebody putting the effort in, and -as I said at the time- I was very grateful for that. But tim and I (and paisley to an extent) had been putting the effort in since the start of the round, and despite being bored and demotivated ourselves, intended to carry on. Clouds on the other hand stepped up for less than a week, saw he was getting no joy, and so decided to up and leave with 9 others.

DigitalZero, if you want an example of betrayal, that's it right there. We (tim/myself) put trust in Clouds and without saying a word to either of us left the tag with his mates because he felt he could get more joy elsewhere.

Yes, Clouds, if you join a more active alliance with higher levels of motivation you're more likely to get success. Sure, it's a game and you should only really play if you're enjoying it and if you aren't - take measures to ensure you can. As such, I don't actually blame you for leaving.

What I wont stand by and watch though is you try to insist that you are in any way justified in criticising command without having done the work to EARN your right to criticise. Quick recap, you were nothing special as a member and then you were largely ineffective as a BC. It helped morale slightly that somebody was trying, but don't confuse effort with impact.

I failed to make politics work this round, but under the conditions there are few (and certainly nobody in omega) who could have done any better. There were no 'decisions' being made that were bad ones, beyond the one to start the damned alliance in the first place. I will happily provide logs regarding my decision to ground fleets early on and how I was able to prove (with statistics) how it was the logical thing to do (despite being considered a 'negative tactic'). After that I only grounded fleets once more on the evening we were hit by App, CT, Rock and ODDR (we got incs on a gal from you each, I don't care about purpose/intention/whether it was coordinated) and Patrikc stepped in to DC and we ended the day with positive roid growth (as we did for the first time too).

Enjoy the game, by all means, but don't paint yourself to be a saint whilst claiming you were simply the victim of 'bad command', as I can guarantee you you're full of shit.

edit: forgot to return to the *

*one of my favourite moments of the round was when timpayne approached Rock about 2 days after they'd allied themself with Conspiracy, asking for their help in hitting CT not realising the two were nap'd.

Last edited by t3k; 5 May 2011 at 23:40.
t3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2011, 19:52   #52
DigitalZero
Round 1er

DigitalZero will become famous soon enoughDigitalZero will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Haha you might be the only 1 in pa who thinks like this
So be it then! I will portray ND next round to hold grudges also then.

Grats though.

Round 1 - 6: NewDawn
- 3,4,5 - ND HC
Round 7: NeMeSiS
Round 8,9: ND..then retired
Round 12: return to PA. NewDawn
Round 13 - Present: NewDawn, 35+ HC.

PA-Radio!!!
DigitalZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2011, 21:25   #53
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

ManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeimdallR View Post
Well to keep it short
ODDR - well were app flak and have received ND incoming on nightly basis.
allthough we didn't hit more then two ND planets last night
Wow ODDR is the biggest joke around, every night incs, as if you had the roids to attract us. infact many times you were targeted was just due to the amounts of incs you send our way. I even agreed with Donar that if we stop getings incs from them they will not be targeted at all, what happens that night im sure you can guess. not that it was a big deal, you hardly ever land anything. But I am glad that you can try to play the cry baby part and join in with many others. Every round I have played since returning someone in ODDR will complain about incs ... when we pick our gal raids many times in reaction to incomings the night before. So stop trying to play the part of the abused step child and dont flatter yourself as being our big target to gain all of our roids.
ManiacMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2011, 22:50   #54
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Damn ODDR you stole my crown!!!
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2011, 00:40   #55
Grog
Benevolent Dictator

Grog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool View Post
You do realise that you left out the fact that DLR was asked on numerous occasions if they were willing to hit apprime, and said no at every stage and cross road, as did ND. Then after saying no, they launched on us?
Until 3 nights ago Omega was the only ally to ever ask us to hit App. & yes we said no. We aren't playing to be kingmakers or to be anyones flak. We had little interest in helping Omega.
When xvx asked if we'd be interested in hitting app, I told them yes only to find out later they were actually hitting CT.

Saying we then launched on TGV is huge exageration. We simply continued doing what we've been doing all round long, galaxy raids. If those galaxies happened to have a few TGV planets in them....well why not? We attaked a couiple of galaxies, one of which had a couple of TGV planets. You're a big ally, perfectly capable of defending your members when they need it.

Why is that even an issue?

This is a war game right?
We have to attack somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
DLR was/is the number one fencer this round, and due Grog's incompetence, DLR will be roided down, as will xVx and TGV.
First off, the day hasn't yet arrived where you're worthy of judging my competence.

Second. Calling us fencers is simply wrong. We aren't NAPed to anyone. We haven't avoided anyone. We have attacked & roided planets from every other alliance.
We haven't done anything at all this round to discourage anyone from attacking us. (other then playing the game & being hard to attack)
If anyone has wanted to attack us, they've been welcome to try.

Third, as for us being roided dry. Well it wouldn't be the first time & they aren't gonna be easy to get.
I go into every round expecting to be in the top 10 in lost roids & any time I go a couple hundred ticks without incoming I always feel a little disapointed.
I'd much rather we get roided dry early & often, but that doesn't mean i'm going to make it easy to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxMilliaN View Post
it wont work when ND and DRL decided to fence at 1 point, and now asking the help of those they roided while fencing. why would tgv help them? why would rock oddr hex help them?
We haven't asked anyone for help.
If App wants to hit us, that's fine, we welcome the challenge.
We aren't going to cry over lost roids & we'll do our best to make those roids hard to get.
The round was getting boring anyway.
At least the last couple of days have been entertaining.
Bring it on.
Grog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2011, 00:50   #56
Donar

Donar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
By the by, the thing that annoyed me about Clouds' departure is that he did f**k all for the first 3 weeks of the round whilst tim and I did all the work (with Xyph and RaZeR being less active (which they'd said they were going to be pre-round anyway) and Dealer being both inactive and counter-productive when he did 'act'). We eventually got pretty worn out, and were willing to accommodate any old idiot that would volunteer their time (for the pursposes of this argument, assume that I'm only talking about you, Clouds).

Clouds then spent a few nights doing TA and got an ego complex that somehow led him to think he was in some way competent. I shalln't mention the fact that you TA'd over half the alliance (42+ participants out of 69 members, discounting scanners) onto one gal, in which was predominantly Apprime. I shall also skip over the fact that Apprime also had incomings on two other gals, from two other alliances, and were essentially out-numbered 120-40 (that's 3:1) and barely lost a roid. The fact that the gal you TA'd on didn't lose a single wave probably isn't worth mentioning either.

What is worth mentioning is that you stepped up at a point in which morale in Omega was pretty low anyway (and with it, attack/defense participation) after the alliance had already been at war with both CT and App for 2 weeks, during which you sent def and went back to bed. Sure, this was more than a lot of others were doing, but it's nothing that would otherwise earn you a cookie.

As I've already conceded in this thread, my attitude was a way off of being perfect. But I was DC'ing and sending more def fleets than anyone else in the alliance, which is more than you were doing. Also, due to the politics of the round we were struggling to catch a break as an alliance. And as much as it's easy for simple minds to point fingers at the guy conducting himself less than pleasantly, the real buzzkill for the alliance was the psychological impact of having our asses handed to us.

Politically, it was pretty much a no-hoper. The alliance we would have otherwise been closest to (CT) pulled a bag of recruits out of thin air moments before the round started and decided they should push for the win. Fair enough, it sucked for us but mehh - that's not their problem. As the otherwise strongest prospect for the roundwin, Apprime were keen to see us die early on. Can't fault them for that either. NewDawn on the other hand were fencing as per usual. Promising one thing then failing to deliver. Which, by the way, should not be held against NewDawn as an alliance as everyone was following Williams' (and I quote) "masterplan". xVx were playing with a small tag and didn't want to involve themselves in the race for #1 (much like TGV). DLR were an incredibly small tag just playing for fun and despite having huge value, it was never in their interests to take sides as because of their low numbers they couldn't afford the backlash of chosing one side over another. Rock were allied with CT and were playing to support them whilst do as well as they could for themselves*. ODDR are playing for enjoyment and despite being seen to work with Apprime a lot, people forget they're a lower tier alliance and it's not their responsibility to hit up the way against anyone who they don't want to.

Despite Omega having the best start as an alliance (which actually made us more of a target than a contender), there was no real hope for support, politically. As such, we got brow-beaten by incomings with increasingly less defense participation as motivation dropped. Any attacks we did make were scuppered by people having to recall due to incs, so we were landing very little.

1v1 on any alliance playing this round, and omega would have come out on top. But that's not how PA works so being a better alliance than any one of your competitors means little without the political support to make it work.

Anyway, back to Clouds.

Clouds put in a lot of time to Omega during the 4th week of the round and despite the fact that he was getting very few landings, it was good to see somebody putting the effort in, and -as I said at the time- I was very grateful for that. But tim and I (and paisley to an extent) had been putting the effort in since the start of the round, and despite being bored and demotivated ourselves, intended to carry on. Clouds on the other hand stepped up for less than a week, saw he was getting no joy, and so decided to up and leave with 9 others.

DigitalZero, if you want an example of betrayal, that's it right there. We (tim/myself) put trust in Clouds and witout saying a word to either of us left the tag with his mates because he felt he could get more joy elsewhere.

Yes, Clouds, if you join a more active alliance with higher levels of motivation you're more likely to get success. Sure, it's a game and you should only really play if you're enjoying it and if you aren't - take measures to ensure you can. As such, I don't actually blame you for leaving.

What I wont stand by and watch though is you try to insist that you are in any way justified in criticising command without having done the work to EARN your right to criticise. Quick recap, you were nothing special as a member and then you were largely ineffective as a BC. It helped morale slightly that somebody was trying, but don't confuse effort with impact.

I failed to make politics work this round, but under the conditions there are few (and certainly nobody in omega) who could have done any better. There were no 'decisions' being made that were bad ones, beyond the one to start the damned alliance in the first place. I will happily provide logs regarding my decision to ground fleets early on and how I was able to prove (with statistics) how it was the logical thing to do (despite being considered a 'negative tactic'). After that I only grounded fleets once more on the evening we were hit by App, CT, Rock and ODDR (we got incs on a gal from you each, I don't care about purpose/intention/whether it was coordinated) and Patrikc stepped in to DC and we ended the day with positive roid growth (as we did for the first time too).

Enjoy the game, by all means, but don't paint yourself to be a saint whilst claiming you were simply the victim of 'bad command', as I can guarantee you you're full of shit.

edit: forgot to return to the *

*one of my favourite moments of the round was when timpayne approached Rock about 2 days after they'd allied themself with Conspiracy, asking for their help in hitting CT not realising the two were nap'd.
Clouds rebutle

BTW kenny thx for that one sentence that explains oddr
Unread 5 May 2011, 00:53   #57
Donar

Donar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMagic View Post
Wow ODDR is the biggest joke around, every night incs, as if you had the roids to attract us. infact many times you were targeted was just due to the amounts of incs you send our way. I even agreed with Donar that if we stop getings incs from them they will not be targeted at all, what happens that night im sure you can guess. not that it was a big deal, you hardly ever land anything. But I am glad that you can try to play the cry baby part and join in with many others. Every round I have played since returning someone in ODDR will complain about incs ... when we pick our gal raids many times in reaction to incomings the night before. So stop trying to play the part of the abused step child and dont flatter yourself as being our big target to gain all of our roids.
Appearantly we did have the roids to attract ND. but enough said, we'll talk again soon, this hasn't been about being a cry baby a long time ago.

seems logical tho you keep hitting oddr gals when you have to go for #1
Unread 5 May 2011, 02:02   #58
nolezy
Class Clown

nolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nice

The people saying that omega failed due to 'no command structure' are mostly idiots who are used to being in alliances like CT and ND where members are spoonfed. Ascendancy NEVER had a command structure and, as far as I'm concerned, Ascendancy is one of the top alliances to ever play the game (at least PAX to present).

Round 13 - Angels - Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Rank 21
Round 16 - Ascendancy - when im gd im not gd of when im bad i suck - Rank 56
Round 28 - Ascendancy - The Olympic Glory of Michael Phelps - Rank 21
Round 38 - [NFI] - Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Rank 30
Round 39 - Imperia - Purdue of Boilermakers - Rank 59
Round 40 - xVx - An Shi Rebellion of the Tang Dynasty - Rank 2

I'll always give you a hand.
nolezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2011, 02:10   #59
nolezy
Class Clown

nolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donar View Post
Clouds rebutle

BTW kenny thx for that one sentence that explains oddr
It's commonplace, when quoting a large post, to abbreviate the post in one way or another to avoid the general clutter and spam that quoting a large post creates. Just sayin'.

Unread 5 May 2011, 02:24   #60
nolezy
Class Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
<sic>
I don't have a problem with Clouds, but I can vouch for the conversations that took place in the officer channel. Kudos to you Clouds, for stepping up when no one else took the initiative and picking up the BC-ing slack left largely by myself. Just be wary of what you say on here; When you attack (passively or not) people, you have to expect them to respond.

Unread 5 May 2011, 13:03   #61
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMagic View Post
Yet ND lined up ODDR gals several nights in a row, i think your the biggest joke around or get your intel corrected.

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2011, 22:59   #62
MAsta_MArk
Welsh palestinian!

MAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to behold

Kenny blaming everyone but himself?
I think I'm having a moment of deja vu...
Unread 5 May 2011, 23:16   #63
Gabriel
Gabba gabba hey hey

Gabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura about

You all suck, we should all do whatever DunkelGraf says imo
Gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2011, 23:33   #64
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAsta_MArk View Post
Kenny blaming everyone but himself?
I think I'm having a moment of deja vu...
No you're not. Last time I HC'd, I won, and was quite happy to take the credit I was due (whilst not insisting that others were undeserving of equal credit).

And I'm holding people accountable for their shortcomings whilst holding my hands up to my own. If you actually ever paid any kind of attention, you'll know I do that fairly habitually too.
Unread 6 May 2011, 01:18   #65
MAsta_MArk
Welsh palestinian!

MAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to behold

you regularly blame everyone for your mistakes? Yes we know you do kenny.

I'm pretty sure you won because of other allie's short comings and through other peoples hard work?
Unread 6 May 2011, 01:20   #66
Abort
Dumb Yankee

Abort has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I have nothing against Kenny, omega, or anyone in it... in fact, i had a good deal of fun/laughs chatting with them in our super secret channel. Timpayne is truly the ugliest person in PA.
Unread 6 May 2011, 01:45   #67
Donar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abort View Post
I have nothing against Kenny, omega, or anyone in it... in fact, i had a good deal of fun/laughs chatting with them in our super secret channel. Timpayne is truly the ugliest person in PA.
pics please
Unread 6 May 2011, 09:36   #68
t3k
The Video Guy

Quote:

I'm pretty sure you won because of other allie's short comings and through other peoples hard work?
This is pure trolling. Can a moderator please handle this cretin?
Unread 6 May 2011, 20:28   #69
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You can ignore him or dignity him with a response
Unread 6 May 2011, 23:30   #70
nolezy
Class Clown

Quote:
I find it fascinating how you're putting the blame of Omega's failure on a 'peon'.
He's not blaming a peon. He's blaming everyone, first and foremost himself. The fact that you ran to forums and attempted to bring everyone that was around you down in order to further enhance yourself is why he's taking the time to explain this.

I said it before and I'll say it again, I have nothing against you; you're a good guy and a passable planetarion player. You'd do well to let this whole thing rest though.

Unread 6 May 2011, 23:32   #71
nolezy
Class Clown

Quote:

You're an idiot and a selfish prat. You failed miserably to run your own alliance, disappeared, and then randomly reappear to spew a load of bull****? You got your panties in a wad in [NFI] because you were either too stupid or too selfish to do ANYTHING and yet you cried constantly because the entire alliance didn't flagship you. Shut the **** up and go back in your hole.

Unread 7 May 2011, 00:03   #72
t3k
The Video Guy

Quote:
Pre round, you told me that you would only promote folk to an officer rank who you trusted, and I wasn't on that list, so it was a bit difficult for me to 'step up', don't you think, Kenny? And why should I have stepped up? You already had your team in place.
Oh good. I was hoping you'd try and reply. I was hoping you'd do better at it, but I'm coming to accept that expecting much from you is a futile venture. First, there was no 'list'. In fact, during the pre-round members meeting I specifically asked people if they'd like to step up. Two people did. They didn't then do anything, but the whole "me asking" and "them volunteering" thing kinda puts this little argument of yours to bed.

Quote:
I didn't indicate that I gained an ego complex.
Well, actually, you did. Firstly by overstating your influence within omega, then by distancing yourself from anything that went wrong and then insisting that everything that happened was beyond your control. Then you upped and left with 10 members (and asked a lot more, and have since shown me logs - but let's not go down THAT path just now, hmm?), implying that you felt you were doing more for the alliance than those above/around you.

Ego complex.

Quote:
This makes me incompetent because? You forgot to add the fact that Apprime is the single most organised alliance in the game. Futhermore, you didn't know what coverage was like from our allies. For all you knew, coverage could've been poor, hence why our waves were covered.
I didn't forget anything, and nothing you've said here comes close to contradicting the points I made about your ineffectiveness. App being organised SHOULD NOT stop anyone landing on their gal, especially when so thoroughly overwhelmed in terms of numbers. A competent BC (which, for the record, I'm not claiming to be) knows how to compose waves so that they're difficult to stop, rather than just adding numbers until the target planet ends up in the red somewhat. More organisation of our own fleets would have made our attacks a lot more effective.

And cut it with the 'for all you know' crap, there was nothing going on I wasn't aware of in omega, up to, including and especially fleet movements. You think I was spending 18 hours a day on IRC playin uno in pm with FIIK? Get a grip.

Quote:
Due to other commitments, I couldn't step up to dc.
Again, you were only willing to promote folk you trusted, and again, I wasn't on that list, hence why I didn't step up sooner.
Repeating arguments? Lame.

Quote:
The reason I left was because command had basically gone vacant and motivation was non existent, and you had ended Omega weeks ago when you created a thread on alliance discussions congratulating Apprime with their round victory.
Motivation was non existant due to total lack of success either in attacks or defense, which as I've already explained was almost entirely due to politics. If you can't understand arguments being presented to you, don't try engaging in them. And command was no less active than it was at the start of the round (tim/myself on pretty much all the time, xyph/razer less so, dealer less still, berten was only doing tech anyway) apart from the one night off I took. Ask [DDK]gm how reluctant I was to take a night off from PA at any stage (prior to people leaving etc) if you REALLY need the proof.

Quote:
One thing I would like to add is your people skills were appalling. Here's an example of your temperament;

[23:15] <@Kenny> !getanewdaddy Reincarnate
[23:15] * Reincarnate was kicked by P ((FIIK) Your sponsor doesn't like you anymore)
[23:15] <@Kenny> Pissy whining ****.
[23:16] <Sardaukar> just let him back in
[23:16] <@Kenny> **** you Sardaukar
[23:17] <@Kenny> I'll decide how to run this ****ing alliance
Reincarnate is routinely kicked from any channel I'm in. He's neither concerned by this, or is taken by surprise when it happens. Ask him, and he'll tell you he often goes out of his way to provoke me into doing it! But that's a "thing" that I have with Reincarnate, and nothing to do with you or Sar-couldn'tbefurtherupdealersass-daukar. Reincarnate was being a pissy whining **** and as bad as you think me kicking him from the channel is for 'morale', having this guy around is just as bad. It's the internet, it's IRC - people getting upset over being kicked from the channel shouldn't be allowed a keyboard to start with.

Quote:
I didn't in anyway paint myself to be a saint. Command in Omega wasn't the best I experienced.

I find it fascinating how you're putting the blame of Omega's failure on a 'peon'.
As nolez said, I've maintained that Omega failed due to politics, command/officer/peon activity levels and shit luck. Politics was meant to be my thing, and try as I might I couldn't do fk all about it. As I've said in this post (and others before it), politics was the biggest killer of morale - so err... how exactly is this not taking responsibility?

And, I think the general consensus is that you're nowhere near qualified to comment on the ability of HCs within the Planetarion community. You'd actually have to understand the game first.

Let me help you with that.

And I liked how you skipped over any mention of the shit way in which your orchestrated your departure from Omega. I mean, you've not had a leg to stand on with any of your other points, why not make a futile effort to justify that too? Or would you rather it not keep being brought up so your reputation as a talentless and unloyal and two-faced drifter.

[20:17:10] <Clouds> I think that you're the first dedicated HC I've come across

And I swear, if you come back at me again I'll paste the logs of you bitching about all your friends back in NewDawn whilst telling them you were leaving "to have a better chance of beating Apprime".

Take a leaf out of my book and learn to recognise when you've been beaten.

Last edited by t3k; 7 May 2011 at 00:11.
t3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2011, 00:32   #73
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Kenny, I will not pursue this further as what has happened is done and dusted.

I know I'm not BC material. I stepped up because no-one else would, and I consider myself just peon material.

I will never take up the role of HC because I know I don't have the competence to fulfill the position.

You did a good job on politics this round, but unfortunately, it didn't pan out for you.

By all means, attempt to ruin my reputation. I don't particularly care because I'm retiring at the end of the round.

Although a potentially top alliance imploded, it was a joy playing with the member base of Omega.

Planetarion is just a game and unfortunately, you take criticism personally.

You nearly lost your job due to this game. Take a break and concentrate on your real life.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2011, 00:37   #74
t3k
The Video Guy

Quote:
Take a break and concentrate on your real life.
I'm about a week ahead of you on this one.
Unread 7 May 2011, 22:16   #75
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Kenny, I will not pursue this further as what has happened is done and dusted.

I know I'm not BC material. I stepped up because no-one else would, and I consider myself just peon material.

I will never take up the role of HC because I know I don't have the competence to fulfill the position.

You did a good job on politics this round, but unfortunately, it didn't pan out for you.

By all means, attempt to ruin my reputation. I don't particularly care because I'm retiring at the end of the round.

Although a potentially top alliance imploded, it was a joy playing with the member base of Omega.

Planetarion is just a game and unfortunately, you take criticism personally.

You nearly lost your job due to this game. Take a break and concentrate on your real life.

isnt that kind of a 'ok dont tell my mates in ND what i said about them' reply??
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2011, 00:17   #76
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

No, it's a 'I don't want to pursue this any further because it's getting childish' reply.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2011, 00:27   #77
SantaCruz
I've been around

SantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to behold

This laundry not dry yet?
It would seem to me that a lot of people are upset about what happened with omega. It's understandable as there was time and effort put into building the alliance for it to end this way. However flaming the living shit out of each other probably isn't helping you sleep better at night...
Unread 8 May 2011, 11:01   #78
t3k
The Video Guy

It's certainly not hindering it.

But the matter has, as far as I'm aware, been laid to rest already. It's been... discussed, if you will, on IRC.
Unread 8 May 2011, 20:41   #79
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

No worries Kenny we know your ace

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2011, 23:57   #80
Firebird

How long till i can congratulate ct for their win??
Unread 9 May 2011, 00:11   #81
Nitz

Nitz is a name known to allNitz is a name known to allNitz is a name known to allNitz is a name known to allNitz is a name known to allNitz is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
How long till i can congratulate ct for their win??
Never, you are still outgrowing them despite your incommings (probably due to the large amount of resources mines you have on each planet and the roid advantage you have on your scoring planets)
Unread 9 May 2011, 00:18   #82
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

you can congratulate them on the win anytime you like. these are forums, so what you say does not have to be true.

(unlike IRC where only the truth is uttered)
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2011, 08:48   #83
Firebird

Lol we will boot people out of tag so we dont win!!!
Unread 9 May 2011, 09:31   #84
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Lol we will boot people out of tag so we dont win!!!
I haven't seen such a throw away win since r31

One does have to question Apprime's motives to do so
(Has GM been giving CarDi some cyb0r / something blue?)

Or

Are you full of the old perverbial?
Unread 9 May 2011, 10:37   #85
Firebird

You will see when we exit tag if it gets near to passing ct!!
Unread 9 May 2011, 11:04   #86
Nitz

Nitz is a name known to allNitz is a name known to allNitz is a name known to allNitz is a name known to allNitz is a name known to allNitz is a name known to all

Quote:
You will see when we exit tag if it gets near to passing ct!!
You have me confused Firebird. If you are going to kick from tag then why are you asking when you need to congratulate CT on winning?
Unread 9 May 2011, 11:06   #87
Firebird

Because i wonder what other ally is trying to win?
Unread 9 May 2011, 11:18   #88
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Because i wonder what other ally is trying to win?
I think Omega was, so you can safely congratulate CT on the victory.
Unread 9 May 2011, 11:25   #89
Firebird

Nice, Well done CT for you're great round win!!
Unread 9 May 2011, 12:58   #90
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

don't you mean to say: well done CT for winning the lamest round since r31?

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2011, 13:01   #91
Firebird

Why would you say that??? Because that ally exploded ? CT did well they stuck to their word and fought for their win.
Unread 9 May 2011, 13:06   #92
Nitz

Quote:
Nice, Well done CT for you're great round win!!
That's premature considering you said you were going to kick people but then follow it up by adding someone to tag, i' m more inclined to say congratulations on apprime for the round win
Unread 9 May 2011, 13:12   #93
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Why would you say that??? Because that ally exploded ? CT did well they stuck to their word and fought for their win.
well, for one because of the scorehiding apprime has done during this round. or for the fact apprime's need/wish to kick people from tag if/when you get too close to overtaking CT.

Unread 9 May 2011, 13:13   #94
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

You have to remember Nitz, it's a huge secret and is gonna come as a complete SUPRISE to everyone when Apprime goes ahead and wins the round!
Unread 9 May 2011, 13:27   #95
Nitz

Quote:
You have to remember Nitz, it's a huge secret and is gonna come as a complete SUPRISE to everyone when Apprime goes ahead and wins the round!
Thanks for ruining the surprise for me. Next you'll be telling me what Xmas presents I'm getting this year!
Unread 9 May 2011, 13:32   #96
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Dark-Strider is on a distinguished road

Congratulations Apprime on your win, it came as a complete shock to the entire community. But you deserved it because once again you played politics the best. I hope this win fuels your ego's a little bit more.
Unread 9 May 2011, 13:39   #97
Firebird

Hey i only added Cain as you lot need to get 4 allys to attack us so ofc we need the numbers to be able to def!!
Cain being added to tag was solely because he had tycs idle!
Unread 9 May 2011, 13:45   #98
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Hey i only added Cain as you lot need to get 4 allys to attack us so ofc we need the numbers to be able to def!!
Cain being added to tag was solely because he had tycs idle!
So if we keep attacking you, you can't drop players out of tag and you'll win it by accident?

Unread 9 May 2011, 13:53   #99
t3k
The Video Guy

Quote:
So if we keep attacking you, you can't drop players out of tag and you'll win it by accident?

"We won, but really it's your fault."

Epic.
Unread 9 May 2011, 13:59   #100
Influence
Finally retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitz View Post
Thanks for ruining the surprise for me. Next you'll be telling me what Xmas presents I'm getting this year!
nah, at best we'll be telling you when christmas is...