User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 24 Nov 2010, 12:40   #1
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Christmas Mini Round

I'm considering doing some sort of Christmassy mini round of Planetarion to cover the some of December, maybe falling into January. This is not guaranteed as I'd have to find time to do it, and would be more in the vein of the informal speedgames than an official event (as that means if it goes horribly, horribly wrong it's less bad )

It would either be on the speedgame server or the main game server (depending on date clashes).

I'd like suggestions for:

-ship names (/stats?)
-races
-race bonuses (?)
-potentially renaming resources (e.g. Brandy Butter, Stuffing and Brussel Sprouts)*

Tick speed would probably be 30 minutes / 1 hour.

Comments about other setup settings are also welcome (galaxy setup, CTF/ golden roids, alliances, etc)

*I have no idea how difficult this will be!
Unread 24 Nov 2010, 13:14   #2
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of
Re: Christmas Mini Round

Well then...

1) You could try sorting alliances by alliance points, rather than score, to see how that works.

2) Try Lights idea of a single race, but multiple branching Tech.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2010, 14:05   #3
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

Well won't be playing a christmas round personally, will need the time off.

But a round with faster ticks might be a good test, and show how uther fail it will be with the current playerbase. so we can close that discussion to.

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2010, 14:18   #4
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
Well then...

1) You could try sorting alliances by alliance points, rather than score, to see how that works.
Very possible

Quote:
2) Try Lights idea of a single race, but multiple branching Tech.
Not possible; the race system and tech tree are so fundamental that I can't change this for a quick one off speedgame
Unread 24 Nov 2010, 14:21   #5
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Go with 2 or 3 races give each race different research options and use the alliance points to rank ally's but include no naps ingame or def allowed out of gal and ally ,dont do faster ticks they wont work if people want a faster ticker they can play the speedgames

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2010, 14:24   #6
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

1. Please abolish alliance rankings, and only include galaxy and planetranks.

2. Perhaps try one of the previously suggested sets of stats that had 2 or 3 races(didn't jer make a good one?)
Unread 24 Nov 2010, 15:52   #7
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

4 weeks, half-hour ticks, no alliance rankings, no prelaunch. Do whatever you like with stats.
Unread 24 Nov 2010, 15:55   #8
DigitalZero
Round 1er

DigitalZero will become famous soon enoughDigitalZero will become famous soon enough

A few ideas. If it is a christmassy themed round, I would start it sooner than December 10th, people get in the spirit in the beginning of December, and after the New Year, it goes away quick.

Perhaps a race of the 9 reindeer. Dasher, Dancer, Prancer as fi/co; Vixen, Comet Cupid, fr/de; Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph, cr/bs!

Probably not doable in time, but a webpage theme for the xmas round. Just some ideas.

Round 1 - 6: NewDawn
- 3,4,5 - ND HC
Round 7: NeMeSiS
Round 8,9: ND..then retired
Round 12: return to PA. NewDawn
Round 13 - Present: NewDawn, 35+ HC.

PA-Radio!!!
DigitalZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2010, 15:56   #9
ricoshay
Save energy: Be apathetic

ricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
1. Please abolish alliance rankings, and only include galaxy and planetranks.
I agree with that.

Renaming the resources is dumb and goes against the sci-fi atmosphere of the game.

I don't care about races (as long as zik is still there!), stats or anything else not mentioned above.
Unread 24 Nov 2010, 16:05   #10
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalZero View Post
A few ideas. If it is a christmassy themed round, I would start it sooner than December 10th, people get in the spirit in the beginning of December, and after the New Year, it goes away quick.

Perhaps a race of the 9 reindeer. Dasher, Dancer, Prancer as fi/co; Vixen, Comet Cupid, fr/de; Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph, cr/bs!

Probably not doable in time, but a webpage theme for the xmas round. Just some ideas.
Actually, this idea would be pretty 'doable'. All you need to do is change one of the race names, and then the ship names. And, perhaps, a Christmas themed skin. Mr Lobster is usually good at that 'art' shit, so you might be able to twist his arm!

I think if you had a short round - maybe lasting the length of December (which would have the added bonus of ending this round sooner rather than later and putting people out of their misery) - you could do alright with just having a couple of themed races battle it out against each other.
Unread 24 Nov 2010, 16:07   #11
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

I think a 4 week round, without alliances, could be good pretty much regardless of which stats were used.
Unread 24 Nov 2010, 16:13   #12
t3k
The Video Guy

agreed.
Unread 24 Nov 2010, 16:15   #13
t3k
The Video Guy

Oh, and 5 man private gals. No late signups (i.e. people sign up before ticks start or not at all) with either a galaxy pin or a 'mix me' option for your gal options.
Unread 24 Nov 2010, 16:23   #14
Pa_Bear
With a Smile

Pa_Bear is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm liking the idea of a short Christmas feature round with comedy/fun elements replacing some current parts. If it is for fun then it'll need to be faster ticks, 2 per hour seem good to me tbh, bearing in mind that people will have a ton of other things to be doing over the period.

A limit to having one or two races seems good also, however i had thought it may encourage more fighting/battles if there was only two class levels ie fi co and fr de (I understand that dropping cr bs would require a restructuring of stats which is more work than your willing to put in)

Ideas:

Eonium = Christmas Spirit (It made Santas sleigh fly)
Crystal = Holly
Metal = Ivy
Fleets/Ships = Sleighs
Asteroids = Presents or Baubles (Stealing Presents)
Ships names = After Reindeer (12 reindeer 12 ships 1 race?)
Population = Elves
Planet = North Pole base
XP = Carol Singers

Did I think to much about this?

ROCK FOR LIFE

ROCK
H-A
OSIRIS
ODDR
ROCK
AUD
Omen
VisioN
Pa_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2010, 16:25   #15
t3k
The Video Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
Oh, and 5 man private gals. No late signups (i.e. people sign up before ticks start or not at all) with either a galaxy pin or a 'mix me' option for your gal options.
If you do it like a 'cup' format (The Planetarion Christmas Cup!) then instead of 'late signups' you can have 'substitutes', max of 1 per gal available after 2 weeks.

Oh em gee I am so excited!

You're not gonna get as many players as you would a standard round anyway, it really depends on whether this is an idea designed to create another intake of revenue so the guys at Jagex can do a little extra Christmas shopping this year...
Unread 24 Nov 2010, 16:27   #16
t3k
The Video Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa_Bear View Post
Eonium = Spirit (It made Santas sleigh fly)
Crystal = Joy
Metal = Cheer
Fleets/Ships = Sleighs
Asteroids = Baubles
Ships names = After Reindeer (12 reindeer 12 ships 1 race?)
Population = Elves
Planet = North Pole base <-- too far!
XP = Carol Singers <-- too far!

Did I think to much about this?
Unread 24 Nov 2010, 16:42   #17
Pa_Bear
With a Smile

Pa_Bear is an unknown quantity at this point

ROCK FOR LIFE

ROCK
H-A
OSIRIS
ODDR
ROCK
AUD
Omen
VisioN
Pa_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2010, 17:02   #18
isildurx

God, please dont christmas theme it!
Unread 24 Nov 2010, 17:03   #19
DigitalZero
Round 1er

DigitalZero will become famous soon enoughDigitalZero will become famous soon enough

to be honest, i believe this idea should then be done annually each christmas if it works out.

Round 1 - 6: NewDawn
- 3,4,5 - ND HC
Round 7: NeMeSiS
Round 8,9: ND..then retired
Round 12: return to PA. NewDawn
Round 13 - Present: NewDawn, 35+ HC.

PA-Radio!!!
DigitalZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2010, 17:23   #20
t3k
The Video Guy

Quote:
God, please dont christmas theme it!
...not even shipnames?
Unread 24 Nov 2010, 17:49   #21
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Ive gone over what i'd do on irc but i'll post it here.
1 Race (you say its too much work to do for 1 round, but you can simply make each races stats/ships the same)
Shipstats need to be aggressive, possible ST.. to enable solo play rather than requiring people to teamup all the time.
30 minute ticks = 8 week round in 4 weeks, plus 2 attacks a day which means afternoon attacking is now not only viable but necessary.
Minimum Attacking ETA: 10 = 4 hours 30mins for an attack from launch to land.
Minimum Defending ETA: 8 = Attacks show at eta 9, so it will give alliances the standard one hour to find defence.
Galaxy ETA: 4 = Gives galaxys an additional 2 hours to find defence.

With these ETA's, it will keep the traditional time to find defence but also enable the 2 attacks a day.

Prelaunch stays in the game, as attacks are slightly shortend, it will allow people to set there attacks to launch while they're sleeping and they can come online when they wake up, rather than with no prelaunch, if they launch an attack when they're off to bed.. they'll have to wake up 5hours later to check for defence.

Maximum Roid Capture = 15%
Minimum Roid Capture = 5%

With shortend attacks and more aggresive ST style attacks, the cap rate should be lowered to slow the growth of the top planets.

Roid-init formula changed so that the first 300-400 roids are INCREDIBLY cheap but rising sharply after that, to ensure that anyone who gets roided down.. can regrow instantly.

Alliances in the game, at whatever the tag limit is now. Cant expect alliances to restructure for a mini-round but the amount of planets contributing to score is lowered to 40.

An interesting variation would be to return to metal = the resource to init any type of roid (i presume its a easy thing to change) and then lower the init costs by 3rd. Keep the startup resources as they are but have the starting ships cost crystal/eonium (with no metal) and a ship which counters them which costs metal (so those that init less roids, will have more of the counter ship to go roiding).

With this, Finance Centres commented out of the game and only mines. This is due to shipstats having a massive variety in the amount of resources they require (one ship might not even need metal, while some might not need crystal) etc. So you have to compensate what ships you intend to build with the mines you build. Increase the amount of resources mines bring in by 100%.

Galaxy setup is roughly the same as now. Buddy Packs increased to 6 players and random is the same as usual. (ideally, id love to remove the galaxy exile option, so that only planets can exile themselves but presume that would be too much coding).

Free round with no upgrades.

No defined length except a 'Maximum length (if need be). So that if the round turns out to be dominated and crappy, you have the option to end it and do something else. With 30 minute ticks and two attacks a day, it will allow alliances which are alot more active to pull away quicker if they are organised properly.. So you'll want the option to cut the round short if an alliance pulls away. However, with aggressive shipstats and fast ticks, it should be easier for the lower alliances to successfully block against them.

No Christmas themes except the ship names, anything else would be far too tacky. DEFINATLY NO SNOW FALLING OVERLAY GRAPHICS. the name of the round should be something which clearly states this is a fun/mini/christmas round rather than a proper round and the portal page should clearly express that this is not the normal game.

Multihunters get the round off as a break they deserve. No warnings or closures for anything other than blatent multying/farming/abuse. As knowing what they're like, they will likely rename or close any planet which is christmas themed as it can be offensive to those who dont celebrate it.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

Last edited by Light; 24 Nov 2010 at 19:10.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2010, 18:19   #22
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough

I'd pretty much love to see this:

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=198663

Take it as a testing period. I am sure it's better than current combat style

And...

Relation Change Ascendancy and the Horde are now at war with each other.
Korsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2010, 19:01   #23
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korsan View Post
I'd pretty much love to see this:

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=198663

Take it as a testing period. I am sure it's better than current combat style
Dont think you quiet understand.. its a fun miniround in december; Not a complete re-code of any system. There's not that much that can be changed except formula's and simple edits.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Unread 24 Nov 2010, 19:07   #24
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Dark-Strider is on a distinguished road

As long as it's free, as I wouldn't waste a credit on some crappy Christmas themed round.
Unread 24 Nov 2010, 19:10   #25
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Strider View Post
As long as it's free, as I wouldn't waste a credit on some crappy Christmas themed round.
Its not really a crappy christmas themed round. Its a 4 week round (effectively 8weeks with 30mins ticks), It doesnt have to have christmas names everywhere
Unread 24 Nov 2010, 19:18   #26
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
DEFINATLY NO SNOW FALLING OVERLAY GRAPHICS.
well that's my first idea out of the window...

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2010, 19:53   #27
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster View Post
I'm considering doing some sort of Christmassy mini round of Planetarion to cover the some of December, maybe falling into January. This is not guaranteed as I'd have to find time to do it, and would be more in the vein of the informal speedgames than an official event (as that means if it goes horribly, horribly wrong it's less bad )
Whatever format you decide on and whichever suggestions you decide to adopt (or not) - please make sure that this "experiment" isn't counted as a "genuine" round. I'd hate to blemish my continuous history as a PA player as a result of not joining in.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2010, 20:46   #28
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster View Post
Tick speed would probably be 30 minutes (...)
And this, Kenny, is why you don't jokingly make bad suggestions.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2010, 21:01   #29
isildurx

I don't see what would be wrong with 1 hour ticks. 400 tick long round could be good, see who manages to mix value and xp the best.
Unread 24 Nov 2010, 21:31   #30
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

I would prefer 15 minute ticks the same as havoc.
Unread 24 Nov 2010, 21:32   #31
Judge
Doh!

Suggestion for round name

Festive Fun

Now not even the NON Christians can argue with that one.
Unread 24 Nov 2010, 22:10   #32
isildurx

Seriously, 15 minute ticks during christmas? Good luck on that.
Unread 24 Nov 2010, 22:54   #33
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
I dont see what would be wrong with 30minute ticks. You can alter the ETA's to give people the same time as now to get defence, so it doesnt put a strain on them but it also allows two attacks a day at daytime and nighttime.
Unread 24 Nov 2010, 23:19   #34
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Except that you can only sleep for 4 hours.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 24 Nov 2010, 23:24   #35
t3k
The Video Guy

Quote:
Roger that.

Still, that post did make me chuckle!
Unread 24 Nov 2010, 23:49   #36
Judge
Doh!

Quote:
Seriously, 15 minute ticks during christmas? Good luck on that.

Wouldn't bother me
Unread 25 Nov 2010, 00:54   #37
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
So for once, the actives know what the casuals feel like
Unread 25 Nov 2010, 01:30   #38
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Considering that the casuals quit en masse, I fail to see how that's a good thing.
Unread 25 Nov 2010, 07:55   #39
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

make something special rather than a mini round. A round with 4 galaxies 1 for each race (I doubt there will be enough players to make 4 clusters but who knows), allow ingal attacks, allow multiple accounts, allow nasty banners and sexual references in fleet names, Pnick for ruler name, alliance for planet name... make that unofficial round an anti-christmas thing.
Unread 25 Nov 2010, 09:46   #40
Judge
Doh!

Quote:

Sleep is for wimps

apparently

Unread 25 Nov 2010, 10:31   #41
ricoshay

ricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to behold

:judge:
Unread 25 Nov 2010, 12:00   #42
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I would totally play this shit. last exam the 9th.
a 30min round would be awesome. Could you maybe add some sort of 1day vacmode thing? People will have certain days they cant be on during christmas... but then again I spose u can just set fleet to run and hide.

Great idea. Dont change too much though. Make it a regular round more or less, with 30min ticks!!!!

this will be ****ing awesome. just like pl@netia!! <3

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2010, 12:14   #43
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Yeah thats just what we need for a supposedly fun mini round , dont think i'll bother signing up for it if ticks are shorter than 1 hr

-Rommel
Unread 25 Nov 2010, 12:20   #44
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

love the ship names as santas reindeer idea

each race could have a theme..

terr - the night before christmas poem

cath - names of santa claus and helpers (globally) .. because you couldnt have the jolly fat fellow doing any real harm

xan - classic christmas presents you allways get

zik - foods associated with christmas (globally)

etd - things you put under/on a christmas tree

i'll happily make you lists if u prod me
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2010, 12:49   #45
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo View Post
Yeah thats just what we need for a supposedly fun mini round , dont think i'll bother signing up for it if ticks are shorter than 1 hr
so you want 1hr ticks when the round is gonna last 4weeks?
any reason for this? I think it would be nice with a round where something is different...

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 25 Nov 2010, 13:27   #46
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

Yeah I agree with Wish, 30min ticks, free round (would be a nice gift back to the community after the crappy stability this round) and something a little bit fun, like no in game allies.
Unread 25 Nov 2010, 13:45   #47
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

Maybe it's just me but i dont see the point of having to be even more active than a normal round at a time of the year when most people cannot commit as much time to the game as normal , if you want something different to a normal round then change other stuff , for example you could use the rd 16 xp formula so there are other ways to play instead of the usual value rounds that we have , they could also add capture the flag and golden roids , if it's mean to be a fun round then there are plenty of options besides shortening ticks

-Rommel
Unread 25 Nov 2010, 13:52   #48
Wishmaster
LDK

why do you HAVE to be more active?
you can run n hide like the french :/

Quote:
Unread 25 Nov 2010, 14:28   #49
ricoshay

The problem is that your roids wont french also. :/
Unread 25 Nov 2010, 14:49   #50
Wishmaster
LDK

all incs are reported directly to alliance now. You dont have to be online every 30mins to do good. Your galm8s dont even have to be online to report them for you... 30min ticks ftw.

Quote: