User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 1 Sep 2010, 19:55   #101
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute
Re: NFI Statement on todays political shifts

Well to be honest, we were about to come after Ascendancy - with NewDawn - and they went and NAP'd you. Why they did that I don't know, but CT were keen enough on helping to hit you so we weren't about to say "nah thanks, it's cruel to gang up on them - they'd never dream of ganging up on anyone else" now, was I?
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 20:04   #102
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
Well to be honest, we were about to come after Ascendancy - with NewDawn - and they went and NAP'd you. Why they did that I don't know, but CT were keen enough on helping to hit you so we weren't about to say "nah thanks, it's cruel to gang up on them - they'd never dream of ganging up on anyone else" now, was I?
This point is utterly irrelevant when you are home and hosed and are in a position to beat the living daylights out of Ascendancy and make handsome gains out of it in any case. Co-operation does not necessitate a NAP, particularly to the level which NFI likes to enforce them, because it effectively applies to defending in galaxy against pretty much any NFI attack, creating wider effects of stagnation than you like to pretend, particularly as you state you have no desire to renege on any agreement you hold.

Quite frankly you could have just all idled for the rest of the round and played less negatively.
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 20:28   #103
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

We're not playing negatively. We're napping our friends and hitting the people we want to hit.

If nobody else is having fun then we should stop telling the entire community that if they don't finish #1, they haven't acheived anything.

Either way, criticising me/NFI in general, on the forums, isn't about to make us change our entire political setup. Should we end the nap with NewDawn they'd have the support of pretty much anyone they wanted to come after us simply on the premise that we're #1.

Assuming there was no more to it, NewDawn napped asc in an attempt to out-roid us. Are you seriously suggesting that we're playing negatively by having the same number of NAPs as our #1 competitor?
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 20:35   #104
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
We're not playing negatively. We're napping our friends and hitting the people we want to hit.

If nobody else is having fun then we should stop telling the entire community that if they don't finish #1, they haven't acheived anything.

Either way, criticising me/NFI in general, on the forums, isn't about to make us change our entire political setup. Should we end the nap with NewDawn they'd have the support of pretty much anyone they wanted to come after us simply on the premise that we're #1.

Assuming there was no more to it, NewDawn napped asc in an attempt to out-roid us. Are you seriously suggesting that we're playing negatively by having the same number of NAPs as our #1 competitor?
Oh this isn't about your political setup. This isn't even about 'fun' as really that's pretty subjective.

My line of argument is purely focusing on the credibility of your posting, because quite simply your arguments don't stack up. The fact that you have said that "things won't change" confirms as much, effectively stating that you have no desire to defend your position in the least. Preaching about integrity while pursuing the political stance that you as part of your command team have done (particularly with respect to the way your NAPs are enforced and continuously held) is indefensible.

To address your final point: given the combined scores involved, I think your framing of the facts is somewhat dubious.
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 20:39   #105
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I feel bad about the future of pa just reading this argument

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil
That listening to ascendancy players whinge about us not helping them do better in the game is kind of annoying and that it would be nice to have extended to us the "we're interested only in what bennefits us" rhetoric that I've seen your players espouse on these boards over the years. We don't owe you anything, and while I'd personally like to see the CT HC rescind the NAP with NFI, I don't think we have any real obligation to do so and I'd understand if the HC felt they were doing a disservice to their members if they did.
Haha, watch as we target you and make your hc's decision to nap nfi get you even more incs lolz!

Quote:
Well, I'd say it was definitely Ascendancy's worst round in pa history.
Turn that frown upside down, your inferiority complex will disappear one day!

Last edited by JonnyBGood; 1 Sep 2010 at 20:57.
JonnyBGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 21:03   #106
t3k
The Video Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
Oh this isn't about your political setup. This isn't even about 'fun' as really that's pretty subjective.

My line of argument is purely focusing on the credibility of your posting, because quite simply your arguments don't stack up. The fact that you have said that "things won't change" confirms as much, effectively stating that you have no desire to defend your position in the least. Preaching about integrity while pursuing the political stance that you as part of your command team have done (particularly with respect to the way your NAPs are enforced and continuously held) is indefensible.

To address your final point: given the combined scores involved, I think your framing of the facts is somewhat dubious.
I wish more Asc posters were like you - I appreciate your ability to discuss an issue without adding any personal prejudice to the way you post. Even if you are criticising me, etc...

In regards to the content of your post, we're very much open to the possibility of change, but have simply said that we don't intend to make the changes. We've made promises this round and sure, you can question our decision to make them but I'm not about to pay any attention to people suggesting we should go back on our word - especially just because they're bored and want to see a fight but aren't in a position to do so themselves.
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 21:23   #107
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I wish more Asc posters were like you - I appreciate your ability to discuss an issue without adding any personal prejudice to the way you post. Even if you are criticising me, etc...

In regards to the content of your post, we're very much open to the possibility of change, but have simply said that we don't intend to make the changes. We've made promises this round and sure, you can question our decision to make them but I'm not about to pay any attention to people suggesting we should go back on our word - especially just because they're bored and want to see a fight but aren't in a position to do so themselves.
In fairness you guys didn't just end up in this situation through circumstances which arose outside your control.

I had a look through my logs there as I remember talking about this with tzu briefly

http://pastebin.com/Hq3L9pjS

Also found these two bits trying to find that one which are rather amusing considering the "we'd never betray anyone" and the "it was apprime working with osiris which forced us to team with ND" bits.
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 21:38   #108
t3k
The Video Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
In fairness you guys didn't just end up in this situation through circumstances which arose outside your control.

I had a look through my logs there as I remember talking about this with tzu briefly

Also found these two bits trying to find that one which are rather amusing considering the "we'd never betray anyone" and the "it was apprime working with osiris which forced us to team with ND" bits.
Do you happen to remember when it was we did NAP Nd? Seriously, I can't remember.

Assuming you were interested in hitting Apprime, what tzu suggested was a legitimate tactic for roiding an alliance. I also don't see anything there that suggests we're willing to betray anyone?

And yeah, we were speaking to NewDawn since before the NAP - shocker. In fact, they asked us for a nap the day after the 5-alliance teamup on us. Then the "rogue BCs" that tzu was referring to organised a mass teamup on our top planet with VGN the next day, meaning we weren't willing to do a deal at the time. It was an on/off possibility since then, only becoming a reality after App's meeting with declared they were working with Osi because we had already agreed to work with NewDawn.

Do we need to have all of our conversations in public just to ensure that there's no possibility for community misinterpretation?
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 21:44   #109
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I wholly endorse that idea.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 21:44   #110
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Do you happen to remember when it was we did NAP Nd? Seriously, I can't remember.
By NAP do you mean basically not hitting each other at all and co-operating to hit apprime galaxies or do you mean actual ingame nap?

Quote:
Assuming you were interested in hitting Apprime, what tzu suggested was a legitimate tactic for roiding an alliance. I also don't see anything there that suggests we're willing to betray anyone?
It's called using your own allies.

Quote:
And yeah, we were speaking to NewDawn since before the NAP
You misspelt "round" there dude. And it was an on/off possibility in the same sense that smashing your face into a computer is an on/off getting hurt possibility, not in the 50/50 sense of things.

But seeing as I still have my sun_tzu log open here's more!
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 21:45   #111
t3k
The Video Guy

Hmm, mz. I might register a public channel and actually go through with that. Would that include public discussions of targets and LT's though?

And JBG, what's with the Tzu-Hate? I was under the impression you and he were actually mates before this round.

And you keep implying that NFI and NewDawn were 'cooperating' before the round even started, which really isn't the case and I wish you'd stop saying it was as it's pretty much the only thing you're saying that's an outright lie, as opposed to a total distortion of the truth.

NewDawn are being remarkably quiet in all of this (no doubt trying to avoid having any negative attention themselves), but they could confirm (if they were being honest) that they approached us before the round started to enquire what we intended to do politically (you'd have to ask them what their motivation for this approach was) and we told them we weren't looking at politics pre-ticks.

I wish you'd stop trying to be manipulative in the use of facts and argue about what actually happened, rather than what you'd like everyone to think happened.

Last edited by t3k; 1 Sep 2010 at 21:55.
t3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 21:47   #112
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

Offered, not accepted. We held that option in our pockets until it was confirmed Osi would join Apprime when the 1 week of staying out of things we'd agreed on ended.

I also find it amusing you flaunt your basic promise to help out against Apprime, which when we did engage with them to prevent them from trying to take you out you then promptly forgot all about, hit them one night, then went roiding randoms for 2 nights and then joined Apprime. Trustworthy you are not.
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 21:53   #113
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
I also find it amusing you flaunt your basic promise to help out against Apprime, which when we did engage with them to prevent them from trying to take you out you then promptly forgot all about, hit them once night, then went roiding randoms for 2 nights and then joined Apprime. Trustworthy you are not.
We did, to our shame, actually hit App.
And a discussion with JBG hardly amounts to very much of a promise, in principle Asc membership should get consulted before any promise made by one means a damn. In practice we tend to let him get on with it, but it is absolutely wrong to equate a chat on possibilities to a political action.
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 21:55   #114
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Offered, not accepted. We held that option in our pockets until it was confirmed Osi would join Apprime when the 1 week of staying out of things we'd agreed on ended.
I'm not too sure what to say to this. Er, Leonidas would be proud?

Quote:
I also find it amusing you flaunt your basic promise to help out against Apprime, which when we did engage with them to prevent them from trying to take you out you then promptly forgot all about, hit them once night, then went roiding randoms for 2 nights and then joined Apprime. Trustworthy you are not.
In fairness to me that's more due to my really bad activity levels this round. Apprime hit us thursday night. I'm not here on the weekends and by the time I got on after that the round looked like it was heading in a pretty bad direction. But yeah, apprime looked in pretty bad shape to me and ganging up on them with you and ND for the next few weeks of the round was not my idea of fun. E-honour minus eight or something.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by my basic promise and considering londo sot of vaguely questioned it there

http://pastebin.com/NCySmzD1

Which is why we were going night to night. If I'd made an actual deal with you I'd have brought it before everyone else. I must admit I'd given up caring by the time I was talking to ND though and solely to avoid us getting gangbanged by multiple alliances bigger than us I napped them without talking to anyone. Sorry londo
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 21:56   #115
t3k
The Video Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B5]Londo View Post
We did, to our shame, actually hit App.
And a discussion with JBG hardly amounts to very much of a promise, in principle Asc membership should get consulted before any promise made by one means a damn. In practice we tend to let him get on with it, but it is absolutely wrong to equate a chat on possibilities to a political action.
I think you've just proved our case with NewDawn as much as your own. Chatting doesn't equal promises.

I'm glad we finally agree on something.
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 22:03   #116
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

That is fair enough. So in truth, having been approached you waited with your ace in the back pocket waiting for the opportunity for playing the victim of awful App machinations. Thus the initial position that the ND NAP was a reaction is only a half truth, yes a reaction, but a prepared one, much as a mousetrap only springs when stepped on, but must be set beforehand to be of use.
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 22:12   #117
t3k
The Video Guy

App have been a bit mousey, it's true.

What can I say, in the girl guides they always taught us to be prepared!

And, moves made against App were based on the assumption they weren't going to fall totally flat on their face at the first sign on failure to inflict any serious damage. So yeah, I admit we were a bit wrong there!

Thereafter we just hit you/app simply because we don't particularly like either of you (as alliances) - rather than perceiving you to be any actual threat. That's not to say that if we left you alone, you wouldn't manage to rally support against us on the premise we were first. PA is fickle like that - they tend to forget grievances pretty quickly the minute they look up and see somebody else is winning.
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 22:14   #118
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
That is fair enough. So in truth, having been approached you waited with your ace in the back pocket waiting for the opportunity for playing the victim of awful App machinations. Thus the initial position that the ND NAP was a reaction is only a half truth, yes a reaction, but a prepared one, much as a mousetrap only springs when stepped on, but must be set beforehand to be of use.
So what are you saying? We're not allowed to plan for multiple possible outcomes? Perhaps you'd like me to perform a lobotomy on myself while you're at it, since clearly the fact that I'm not running around like a headless chicken seems to really, really bother you.

And while we're at it, screw, let's get this out in the open too:
[22:36:16] <@[ND]DigitalZero> [15:34] <JBG> the basic bottom line is that if you guys don't turn on nfi
[22:36:16] <@[ND]DigitalZero> [15:34] <JBG> apprime will hit you
[22:36:16] <@[ND]DigitalZero> [15:34] <JBG> and bring osiris with them in all likelihood
[22:36:16] <@[ND]DigitalZero> [15:34] <JBG> and maybe vgn and oddr as well

That's what you actually did. In response to these attempts of yours to turn ND on us, we reached out to CT. Again, I'm sure we should be damned to hell for not just allowing you to dictate how the round should progress. How dare we not conform to the mighty machinations of JBG and Ascendancy! HOW DARE ANYONE HAVE A MIND OF THEIR OWN OR ACT UPON THEIR OWN INTERESTS OR OBJECTIVES! DO THEY NOT KNOW THIS IS ASCENDANCYS GAME, AND NOT THEIRS?! DO THEY NOT KNOW ASCENDANCY ARE THEIR UNDISPUTED GODS AND THEIR WORD IS HOLY?!

Yeah, needless to say, I'm not that arsed to spend my time amusing Ascendancy. I'm rather more interested in my own enjoyment.
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 22:16   #119
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Thereafter we just hit you/app simply because we don't particularly like either of you (as alliances) - rather than perceiving you to be any actual threat.
Hilarious lie. With the exception of apprime you guys would have gotten into bed with anyone and everyone this round. And for once that can actually be said on the forums without being hyperbole.

Quote:
And while we're at it, screw, let's get this out in the open too:
[22:36:16] <@[ND]DigitalZero> [15:34] <JBG> the basic bottom line is that if you guys don't turn on nfi
[22:36:16] <@[ND]DigitalZero> [15:34] <JBG> apprime will hit you
[22:36:16] <@[ND]DigitalZero> [15:34] <JBG> and bring osiris with them in all likelihood
[22:36:16] <@[ND]DigitalZero> [15:34] <JBG> and maybe vgn and oddr as well

That's what you actually did. In response to these attempts of yours to turn ND on us, we reached out to CT.
You mean the attempts that didn't result in ND dropping the nap and instead ended up with DZ pasting that to you? Hmm, yes, I can see how a failed attempt to add to the number of alliances attacking you would call for the addition of more alliances to your block.
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 22:21   #120
t3k
The Video Guy

...so you're saying you are a threat?

And no, not 'everyone' - but certainly anyone except App. Actually, no, that's a lie (my first!) - when you tried playing puppetmaster early round and playing App and NFI off of each other, we were even contemplating working with Apprime to hit you for your arrogance to think you could still pull all the proverbial planetarion strings. And just because there's nobody we weren't open to working with, doesn't mean we were wanting to work with all of them simultaneously.

Let's face it JBG - when it comes to lies, you are the king and your crown is made of thorns etc...
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 22:27   #121
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

I like how Sun_Tzu need almost everyone on his side to feel comfortable in a war. Is it really that fun to play this game, when the winner is decided before the war started?
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 22:28   #122
t3k
The Video Guy

Everyone being NewDawn, and CT?

Haven't you spent the last 10 rounds saying how shit newdawn and CT are?
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 22:34   #123
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNzI View Post
I like how Sun_Tzu need almost everyone on his side to feel comfortable in a war. Is it really that fun to play this game, when the winner is decided before the war started?
Hello, I see you're new here. Welcome to Planetarion. This is a game where players band together in alliances, which compete within a wargame utilizing politics and military strategy to help aid their way to victory. It is this wide array of options which sets the game apart from far more one-dimensional games, and which made it the great game it once was.
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 22:38   #124
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
...so you're saying you are a threat?
I don't even know what that has to do with my post. A threat to whom? In what way? At this point on our own we're not a threat to, well, anyone really. As part of a block sure, but then again that's really the block that's a threat. We're always a threat in the sense that we're willing to get involved.

Quote:
And no, not 'everyone' - but certainly anyone except App. Actually, no, that's a lie (my first!) - when you tried playing puppetmaster early round and playing App and NFI off of each other, we were even contemplating working with Apprime to hit you for your arrogance to think you could still pull all the proverbial planetarion strings. And just because there's nobody we weren't open to working with, doesn't mean we were wanting to work with all of them simultaneously.
Yeah man, your fondest hope was for a long hard-fought war. And my name is Jill and I write feminist romance novels in the second person.

And you're still lying. You'd have napped us up until I pmed tzu and told him we'd be hitting nfi for the next few days end of story. After that point I doubt you would have yeah (although to be honest I wouldn't have put it past you after the first night when there was still a vague possibility you might lose some roids).

Quote:
Let's face it JBG - when it comes to lies, you are the king and your crown is made of thorns etc...
Well, that was painfully unwitty.
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 22:42   #125
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Hello, I see you're new here. Welcome to Planetarion. This is a game where players band together in alliances, which compete within a wargame utilizing politics and military strategy to help aid their way to victory. It is this wide array of options which sets the game apart from far more one-dimensional games, and which made it the great game it once was.
My point is that you have enough dicks up your arse to give Jenna Haze proper competition and there is more to this game then nursing the dicks while looking for more.
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 22:48   #126
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Quote:
And you're still lying. You'd have napped us up until I pmed tzu and told him we'd be hitting nfi for the next few days end of story. After that point I doubt you would have yeah (although to be honest I wouldn't have put it past you after the first night when there was still a vague possibility you might lose some roids).
Why would anyone limit their options needlessly?

However, he's not lying, I did offer Firebird to work together and take out every other alliance so that NFI and Apprime could duke it out without any outside involvement.

He wasn't willing to take this option, though. I.e. we offered them the option to fight us 1 vs. 1 without either of us having any political options to go to if we were to lose said end fight.

They were not willing to fight us in such a manner, implicitly meaning if we were to fight it would have to be a political fight, as we could not trust them not to try and do the same. We simply did it better. That's not something I'm going to ever be ashamed of.
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 22:56   #127
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
However, he's not lying
I meant lying about what point you would have stopped working with us, nothing about apprime

Quote:
I did offer Firebird to work together and take out every other alliance so that NFI and Apprime could duke it out without any outside involvement.
I'm interested by this. I'm going to assume this offer was not made pre-round? Is that accurate?

I actually proposed something similar to ND originally, whereby we'd all just leave you both alone and see what happened. I don't really have anything against you guys winning this round. I think it's good for the game when new alliances win, although given the evidence of the last two rounds you guys will probably just disband after winning this one heh.
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 22:59   #128
t3k
The Video Guy

In much the same way eXi 'disbanded' after their first round?
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 23:04   #129
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Quote:
I'm interested by this. I'm going to assume this offer was not made pre-round? Is that accurate?

I actually proposed something similar to ND originally, whereby we'd all just leave you both alone and see what happened. I don't really have anything against you guys winning this round. I think it's good for the game when new alliances win, although given the evidence of the last two rounds you guys will probably just disband after winning this one heh.
The offer was made at around pt300 I think. Basically down to us figuring the politics would just be a god damn headache anyway. Wasn't wrong about that one.
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 23:08   #130
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

When i posted my last slightly tongue in cheek, slightly hyperbolic post about an hour ago i was thinking that posting had reached an unusually high standard of decorum, then everything went unnecessarily CAPS BOLD UNDERLINE so Im glad I unwittingly put the world back how it should be. AD where heavy typescript = reasoned argument. Tzu; you made a fairly telling point in response to mine, all the extra stuff just detracted from rather than strengthened it.
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 23:20   #131
zebra
h3ll's angels

zebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to behold

NFI is trying to win and doing a pretty good job it seems; why all the hate? They didn't force anyone to NAP them, ie why isn't the rage directed at CT or ND, or even Asc for not being good enough to compete and make the round interesting?
[18:04] * h3ll has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 23:20   #132
t3k
The Video Guy

Quote:
When i posted my last slightly tongue in cheek, slightly hyperbolic post about an hour ago i was thinking that posting had reached an unusually high standard of decorum, then everything went unnecessarily CAPS BOLD UNDERLINE so Im glad I unwittingly put the world back how it should be. AD where heavy typescript = reasoned argument. Tzu; you made a fairly telling point in response to mine, all the extra stuff just detracted from rather than strengthened it.
Just be glad he didn't go all italics on your ass.
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 23:20   #133
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Quote:
I'm sorry if that was the effect you perceived, it was intended to highlight what a silly notion it was to think that the other 1000 players should be playing to amuse the less than 80 members of Ascendancy.
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 23:21   #134
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
In much the same way eXi 'disbanded' after their first round?
What? I was making a joke about the last two rounds and the fact vision and evolution both didn't play the next round after winning. Please, please, please can we avoid dragging this out into a mind-numbingly tedious debate
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 23:24   #135
t3k
The Video Guy

Quote:
What? I was making a joke about the last two rounds and the fact vision and evolution both didn't play the next round after winning. Please, please, please can we avoid dragging this out into a mind-numbingly tedious debate
Ah, then I misread your post. Sorry, JBG.

btw, Vision won?!
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 23:25   #136
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
NFI is trying to win and doing a pretty good job it seems; why all the hate? They didn't force anyone to NAP them, ie why isn't the rage directed at CT or ND, or even Asc for not being good enough to compete and make the round interesting?
In fairness I think, and targeting tonight ingame might confirm this, that most of the e-rage is directed at CT and ND. It's worth bearing in mind that this thread is like 80% me, tzu and kenny discussing variations on one, essentially, tedious argument.
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 23:29   #137
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Ah, then I misread your post. Sorry, JBG.

btw, Vision won?!
I believe hanzi declared it the worst round of PA ever.

Not that that really helps narrow it down a whole lot am i rite.

Edit: For pity's sake it was just a joke hanzi. Why is everyone taking themselves so seriously

Last edited by JonnyBGood; 1 Sep 2010 at 23:41.
JonnyBGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 23:34   #138
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

Yes, vision NAPed 5 alliances in top7 and successfully naped themselves to victory in r36. In round 37 the lovetrain continued with pretty much all top7 alliances NAPing eachother, except Apprime. And here we are, r38 and whats new? Nothing. Thats why r38 now is by far the worst round in PA history and that was your statement i believe JBG.
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 23:38   #139
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

Quote:
I'm sorry if that was the effect you perceived, it was intended to highlight what a silly notion it was to think that the other 1000 players should be playing to amuse the less than 80 members of Ascendancy.
I never for a moment entertained such a notion. The mousetrap was a singular comment on your NAP with ND as a 'response' to APP/Osi, (not as you took it to be relating to CT) and I in no way criticised it as bad policy, simply that it was a half truth.
I have at no point put forward any arguments for any alliance to fight you, for our amusement, or even at any point mentioned that the current array of naps makes things boring. Others have done that!
I do however hope that those thousand people are playing to amuse themselves because they are more likely to increasingly see a hegemony as a threat to that - whether they enjoy their own ranks, or the hurly burly of politics, than to worry about how ascendency members might derive amusement from their situation.
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 23:40   #140
t3k
The Video Guy

Quote:
In fairness I think, and targeting tonight ingame might confirm this, that most of the e-rage is directed at CT and ND. It's worth bearing in mind that this thread is like 80% me, tzu and kenny discussing variations on one, essentially, tedious argument.
I did say we should have our own forums.

I doubt very much anyone is hitting ND, but CT certainly noticed an increase in the amount of attention they've been getting post-NAP. I shall need to discuss said rammifications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBG
I believe hanzi declared it the worst round of PA ever.

Not that that really helps narrow it down a whole lot am i rite.
After further investigation, it turns out I was actually in Vision the round it won. It must have just been that boring.
Unread 2 Sep 2010, 00:32   #141
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

Quote:
e-rage is so 1998, shouldn't it be iRage now!!
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2010, 00:36   #142
t3k
The Video Guy

it was funny when you said iGirl, now you're just overusing the joke.

OK THAT IS IT I END OUR NAP.

(peer pressure)
Unread 2 Sep 2010, 00:47   #143
Jumo

Jumo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
it was funny when you said iGirl, now you're just overusing the joke.

OK THAT IS IT I END OUR NAP.

(peer pressure)
You big tease.
Unread 2 Sep 2010, 17:13   #144
DigitalZero
Round 1er

DigitalZero will become famous soon enoughDigitalZero will become famous soon enough

I'm only posting 1 thing, NFI and ND did not have relations set, at all, before the round started.

As for the prediciment ND is in, yeah, it sucks.

Round 1 - 6: NewDawn
- 3,4,5 - ND HC
Round 7: NeMeSiS
Round 8,9: ND..then retired
Round 12: return to PA. NewDawn
Round 13 - Present: NewDawn, 35+ HC.

PA-Radio!!!
DigitalZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2010, 18:17   #145
Firebird

Quote:
However, he's not lying, I did offer Firebird to work together and take out every other alliance so that NFI and Apprime could duke it out without any outside involvement.

He wasn't willing to take this option, though. I.e. we offered them the option to fight us 1 vs. 1 without either of us having any political options to go to if we were to lose said end fight.
I will Back this statement up by Sun_Tzu there is allot of Rubbish being spouted on here about who what where and when happened as far as app were concerned. I will make it clear i had no avoidance agreement with any alliances however osi were my choice of people who i was sure i could trust yet app was gal raiding and osi was still being hit. At no stage prior to Sun_Tzu and Cba pulling the dirtiest trick i have witnessed did app target nfi it wasn't untill a failed fc attempt by nfi did i ask osi/nd to hit nfi for one night, The sheer fact that Asc hit Nfi that night was totally random others can believe it or not, but not untill lets say a day or so ago i have had no communication with asc. Nfi started this war they also dragged nd into a nap with them before the war had started i made it very clear to nfi that i was not interested in being in a war with them and that was also made clear to app mem's that i would do my best to avoid it. Now hopefully u lot can stop spouting sh**te about what app has been doing this round up till that point.
Unread 2 Sep 2010, 20:02   #146
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalZero View Post
I'm only posting 1 thing, NFI and ND did not have relations set, at all, before the round started.

As for the prediciment ND is in, yeah, it sucks.
You know your NAP with NFI is droppable, yeah?
Unread 2 Sep 2010, 20:31   #147
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_ View Post
You know your NAP with NFI is droppable, yeah?
Just as much as the one ND has with ASC
Unread 2 Sep 2010, 20:36   #148
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
Just as much as the one ND has with ASC
I'm not sure about the exact terms of the agreement between us and ND but Tzu called their one temporary, I'm not calling for them to do it but I'm just saying that they are in a position to do stuff.

Edit: Also how is ND hitting Asc going to help them win? :/
Unread 2 Sep 2010, 20:44   #149
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Im sure Digital Zero will call the political shots for ND as he sees fit and wont buckle from forum pressure is what I am saying.
Unread 2 Sep 2010, 20:50   #150
_Kila_
break it down!

I wasn't pressuring him, he said that they were in a shitty predicament, I pointed out that it has a fairly simple remedy that doesn't involve tarnishing the reputation of his alliance.