User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 14 Jan 2010, 09:17   #51
Villeh
Ubi concordia, ibi victor

Villeh is on a distinguished road
Re: Oh dear oh dear

I'm more wondering why any alliance will set up 5 waves on a 300 roid target, and why on earth are people claiming wave 3, 4 and 5... these are the things that make me laugh

"I'm gonna claim wave 5 on this planet way smaller than me and see if I can't grab 24 big shiny roids that will give me no xp at all", guess that sentence could go in that "Why you will never win planetarion" thread...

* We do not exist *
Villeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2010, 09:30   #52
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

They're not. They're claiming wave 1 and 2, but then another alliance launches earlier. Didn't you just say you were triple booked? Doesn't that answer the question before you even asked it?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2010, 12:34   #53
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Sure Is great not getting def against support planets with sole purpose of building 1 ship type.

still seeing alot of farming though but it is a step in the right direction.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2010, 12:36   #54
NRG-izer
aka Night-Sky - xVx HC

NRG-izer is a splendid one to beholdNRG-izer is a splendid one to beholdNRG-izer is a splendid one to beholdNRG-izer is a splendid one to beholdNRG-izer is a splendid one to beholdNRG-izer is a splendid one to behold

lol poor Spinner.. comes online to play a round..
and he gets the full sh*tload of complaints on him, about pa.
instead of letting him ENJOY a simple round of pa and do his own xp :P

past alliances :
r 01 - r 02 none
r 03 - r 04 TFD / ToT
r 05 - r 10,5 WP
r 11 LCH
r 12 - 90 Vision / xVx
r 91 - 100 Wave Zero / Syndicate

present alliances :
Tribute
since mid round 101
NRG-izer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2010, 13:14   #55
Annie

Annie is just really niceAnnie is just really niceAnnie is just really niceAnnie is just really nice

Yes lets solve all problems thru coding.

What happens when Alliance 1|Alliance 2|Alliance 3 decides to work together and FC you, they can all attack you from different tags on the same tick, but you cannot get defense but from your own alliance and gal, no more asking for help from your cluster or your friends. DLR may not have enough people to defend you.

And who are you to say what a support planet is, as long as its a real person playing 1 planet, people should be able to play any way they WANT to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
Sure Is great not getting def against support planets with sole purpose of building 1 ship type.

Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2010, 13:16   #56
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

in your selfrighteous and rater narrow mind I am beginning to think the following:

a) every fake that lands is farming
b) every pure pod fleet that was send in the first days against a planet that could not build ships against that is farming
c) every small retal fleet that is undefended is farming

and
a) every planet that goes for pure cath fi and xp whoring is a support planet
b) anyone building pure fireblades and roiding newbies is a support planet (fill in fireblades, ghosts whatever cloaked)

etc.

Stop your mad drivelling. Stop being shit. Start playing properly. And stop ****ing complaining.
Unread 14 Jan 2010, 14:17   #57
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie View Post
Yes lets solve all problems thru coding.

What happens when Alliance 1|Alliance 2|Alliance 3 decides to work together and FC you, they can all attack you from different tags on the same tick, but you cannot get defense but from your own alliance and gal, no more asking for help from your cluster or your friends. DLR may not have enough people to defend you.
To quote Paul Weller ... thats Entertainment
unfortunately.

Quote:
And who are you to say what a support planet is, as long as its a real person playing 1 planet, people should be able to play any way they WANT to.
My experience of some folk playing playing the way they want to is multiple accounts and use independent connections / VNC / proxies to protect their main account.

Just like the good old days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion View Post
in your selfrighteous and rater narrow mind I am beginning to think the following:

a) every fake that lands is farming
b) every pure pod fleet that was send in the first days against a planet that could not build ships against that is farming
c) every small retal fleet that is undefended is farming
Wrong (cant say I am surprised)

Quote:
a) every planet that goes for pure cath fi and xp whoring is a support planet
b) anyone building pure fireblades and roiding newbies is a support planet (fill in fireblades, ghosts whatever cloaked)
That envolves setting the mission to attack and not defend the pa team hasnt restricted who you can attack compared to last round.
I thought someone with your experience would be able to figure that out.

Quote:
Stop your mad drivelling.
Pot kettle black etc.

Quote:
Stop being shit. Start playing properly
Doing ok so far, thanks for asking

Quote:
And stop ****ing complaining
I am complimenting the PA team on hard coding out of tag /gal
and not complaining about it.

edit -quote fix
Unread 14 Jan 2010, 15:05   #58
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

HRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud of

hurry up and get some ipv6 capable hosting, and i will show you clowns what real multi-ing is!

Also, this excerpt from the faq of an extremely similar internet web based game is worth quoting I feel:

Quote:
Q: Are multiple logins for the same person allowed?

A: There are no technical means possible to determine that two accounts are the same person. The main reason for desiring multiple accounts is "to gain an unfair advantage over people playing the game as it was designed" which happens to be the same goal as any other method of cheating.
HRH_H_Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2010, 15:39   #59
Annie

Annie is just really niceAnnie is just really niceAnnie is just really niceAnnie is just really nice

Quote:

My experience of some folk playing playing the way they want to is multiple accounts and use independent connections / VNC / proxies to protect their main account.

Just like the good old days
The ones that do that didnt get stopped at all by this rule change. Cheaters are cheaters, no matter what rules you make or even code into the game, cheaters still cheat, what you do is just punish the noncheats who play the game in a different fashion then you do.

I also dont think you give the MHs enough credit, they still have ways to detect VNCs, Proxies and behavior.

This game is dwindling down a great deal I really doubt there are as many multies as some people think, I know people who if their target gets defense start complaining that its a multi, and if they get attacked by more then one person its a multi. And heaven forbid an alliance wins over theirs, they have to be multis too.

If you have to cheat to win your a loser. If you have to change the rules to even have a slight bit better chance to win, and even then still cant win, ask for more rules. You will chase everyone else away sooner or later.
Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2010, 16:23   #60
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Im pretty sure we all stopped listening to paisley a long time ago. He really is a bitter dude.
Unread 14 Jan 2010, 18:07   #61
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm not really sure who runs the forums these days to be honest. Either way I'm hereby officially requesting that paisley's account be changed so that he is unable to use the words "vnc", "support planet" or "multi".

At least until he manges to ****ing post something that isn't another ****ing whine even after he's gotten his retarded way.

That is all.
Unread 15 Jan 2010, 02:13   #62
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

yeah **** him and **** his mum!
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2010, 08:35   #63
rUl3r

rUl3r has a spectacular aura aboutrUl3r has a spectacular aura about

PA Team seriously abolished _any_ ouf of tag/out of gal def? I expected them to make it impossible to def tagged planets and leave those sort of solo players alone.
Congratulations, Paisley, I certainly know some friends I won´t be asking to signup just for fun again, as these restrictions you wanted are seriously limiting their fun.
Oh, and I doubt I´ll be bothered playing again now that whiners like you took away my options to _sometimes_ help out old friends not playing in allies.
Seriously, fck you and all other losers who complained about oh so much out of tag def.

Maybe, just maybe, you should think about how to improve this game instead of limiting it more and mroe every round.
rUl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2010, 09:11   #64
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

apperently if you are in a tag you can still defend anyone who isn't in a tag.
Unread 15 Jan 2010, 09:27   #65
Zeus
True Gamer

Zeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the rough

/me picks himself of floor after reading the first post

Just deicded this morning to checkout the old baby and pissed myself at reading this first post that spinner was warned for multing... you couldnt make that up

Hi Christian, hope your well and managerleague growing as it was.
I havent played since it was sold....So, whats your view on the game overall now? Hopefully its improved??
Unread 15 Jan 2010, 12:17   #66
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Just wanted to let Spinner know that Vålerengen blows.

Back to idle.
Unread 15 Jan 2010, 14:36   #67
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by rUl3r View Post
PA Team seriously abolished _any_ ouf of tag/out of gal def? I expected them to make it impossible to def tagged planets and leave those sort of solo players alone.
Congratulations, Paisley, I certainly know some friends I won´t be asking to signup just for fun again, as these restrictions you wanted are seriously limiting their fun.
Oh, and I doubt I´ll be bothered playing again now that whiners like you took away my options to _sometimes_ help out old friends not playing in allies.
Seriously, fck you and all other losers who complained about oh so much out of tag def.

Maybe, just maybe, you should think about how to improve this game instead of limiting it more and mroe every round.
This has been repeatedly misinterpreted. Those not in alliances can be defended by anyone. Only those in alliances cannot be defended by someone not in their tag / their galaxy.
Unread 15 Jan 2010, 20:04   #68
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
Hopefully its improved??
Lol, that's almost as funny as the OP
Unread 16 Jan 2010, 11:31   #69
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
The ones that do that didnt get stopped at all by this rule change. Cheaters are cheaters, no matter what rules you make or even code into the game, cheaters still cheat, what you do is just punish the noncheats who play the game in a different fashion then you do.

I also dont think you give the MHs enough credit,

This game is dwindling down a great deal I really doubt there are as many multies as some people think, I know people who if their target gets defense start complaining that its a multi, and if they get attacked by more then one person its a multi. And heaven forbid an alliance wins over theirs, they have to be multis too.

If you have to cheat to win your a loser. If you have to change the rules to even have a slight bit better chance to win, and even then still cant win, ask for more rules. You will chase everyone else away sooner or later.
Seems anything is worth a risk to get yourself in the EORC... and judging by this
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showpo...6&postcount=54
The problem is that not everyone has the same view as yourself when it comes to if you have to cheat to win you're a loser. They seem to get congratulated if anything.
I would hardly call proping up the numbers via encouraging folk to have several accounts a solution.
I dont have absolute faith in the Multihunter team but their job is thankless enough as it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoom View Post
yeah **** him and **** his mum!
Get it ****ing round ye
(just like r15 but more annoying for you)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rUl3r View Post

Maybe just maybe you should try reading Some of my recent posts like galaxy adaptation of the alliance def page, suggested a World Cup 2010, suggested a change to cov ops before you decide to talk sh*te.

Try the search feature on the forums it does work.
Unread 16 Jan 2010, 11:47   #70
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

The obsession with a few bad apples is ruining the game for rest of us; rather more effectively than the cheating of those bad apples themselves ever could.
Things have to be kept in proportion.
Unread 16 Jan 2010, 13:53   #71
Master
Time Lord

Master is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome back spinner, seems your introduced to how PA has turned out.
Unread 16 Jan 2010, 13:55   #72
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice

Didn't take long for this thread to get derailed.

It's late me saying this now but I found the first post quite amusing, the same thing happened to me a few rounds ago before tick start and I was just as spun out by it.

Back to AF"PA"ing.
Unread 17 Jan 2010, 09:14   #73
CrazyConrad
DarnocYzarc

CrazyConrad is on a distinguished road

Come on Spinner, you dont have time for this. Get back to ML and sort out the tactics options
Unread 18 Jan 2010, 03:24   #74
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Spinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
/me picks himself of floor after reading the first post

Just deicded this morning to checkout the old baby and pissed myself at reading this first post that spinner was warned for multing... you couldnt make that up

Hi Christian, hope your well and managerleague growing as it was.
I havent played since it was sold....So, whats your view on the game overall now? Hopefully its improved??
Well well, what do you know
Two grumpy old farts like us, once again on the PA forums, what is the world coming to?

How does the saying go?
"Frankly my damn, I no longer give a dear"?
My return to PA, as a non-alliance, non-hardcore player, with no insight in the changes of late, has gotten me "the standard warning for cheaters", 2 exiles for my inability to be active enough in the gal-channel, and of course I have been anihilated back to the stoneage on 3 occasions. All for just five-punds-fifty.

My "personal" view on the game is probably best not served honest here on the forums, as it could easily violate more rules than I have been suspected of violating so far.

I do have an interesting list of outright "wrong turns" I feel the game has taken, and a long list of the "missed turns" it never took.

In all honesty, there was a fairly important reason why I returned when I did, but it is no secret that I have been trying, on several occasions, to buy Planetarion back. Unfortunately, I have now learned that such a thing shall not come to pass.

I must say, I am not sure I see this as a big loss anymore, given the state of the game and even the once so great community. Of all issues that illustrates this point best, I will pick the most important example:
What is it like being a new player in Planetarion today?
The answer is not "hard", "impossible", "I will never win" or "difficult".
The answer is simply: Not entertaining.
When my most entertaining experience came from being accused of cheating, that proves a point or two.

Surely, as it has not matured graphically, it has entertaining gameplay?
No, for a new player, the game and the community has hardened, and unfortunately lost any charm it once had. Am I to be entertained by being overwhelmed every 12 ticks? Am I to be entertained by being exiled around the universe? Am I to be entertained by misinformation or lack of explanations? Am I to be entertained by the lack of tactics and strategy? Short rounds for £5.54?

Startup-bonuses? I get hit by big ships right off the bat?
Scan someone? Unless you're playing as a scanner, forget it.
Cov-op someone ot make an impact? When not 110% specialized?
My race affects my stealth and alertness? Why didn't it say so when I picked the race? Oh, thats right, I'm supposed to read the manual before I sign up? Oh all right then, lets consult the manual, as a new player:
Max Stealth: 65, Stealth Growth/Tick: 6, Base Construction Units: 145, Base Research Points: 105, Production bonus: 10%, Salvage bonus: 25%, Universe Trade Tax: 25%. Well that's great. Is that good? Bad? 145 Base Construction Units, wow, that's a lot...Surely..It's a good thing the manual-page about Constructions has 21 links to itself though :-)

A new player stumbling onto the right url, finds out a new round is about to start, and he can even read some details about it! Lets see what he can look forward to, shall we?
"- Notifications now paid only"
Wtf? What's a notification? Paid? What? Complete sentences?
"- Buddy pack limit now 3"
Wtf is a buddy pack?
"- Single target ship statistics"
This could imply former multiple target ship statistics?
"- Allianceless planets get a reduced tax rate on the universal exchange (now up to 10% rather than up to 25%)."
Exchange? Exchange what? Tax?
"- 1 Selfexile every 3 ticks"
A selfexile? Why would I want to move anywhere? Ticks? I don't have ticks?
"- 1 Late join for gals with 3 BP members, 2 for gals with 2 BP members (exiling 1 out of a gal with 3 BP members does NOT give 2 late joins)"
BP? British Petroleum? Joins? Gals, as in ladies?
"- Upgrade bonuses increased, base rates doubled, smaller increase of the per tick gain""
Upgrade bonuses? What upgrade? And what does "Smaller increase of the per tick gain" mean??

I'll stop ranting now, but my point is this:
Planetarion is not a game that can increase it's userbase. It has not been such a game for a long time. It is dying, some would say it is already dead.
Dead because it has no hope.
The game, the manual, and the community all "require" you to be an experienced player, someone who can understand the cool language of the public announcements, someone who has IRC as part of his daily routine, and someone who certainly doesn't mind the lack of a good design as long as it is combined with a lack of entertainment.

I am truly sorry my judgement is so hard, and of course most of you would probably not agree with me (you are perhaps already an experienced player?) or my arguments. I have no problem with that, of course.
I also do not throw blame here or there, because I know how hard it must have been with no dedicated full-time paid developers. From what I know, it is now the 5th coder who is messing about in my already messed up code, and I'm glad I don't have his job (-: There are lots of people who have given much and received little since I left. I truly admire your loyalty, your steadfastness (?) and your ongoing work to keep this game alive.
I hope you continue to succeed this year, next year, and forever.

I hope my harsh judgement can hold some small clues to what could help the game improve to ensure it's survival for a few more years, even one or two that might actually be picked up on. If not, oh well.

Whenever I release a new game though, it will have more spaceships than footballs. It will have an environment where new players can learn and grow, and where alliances can prosper and fight. It will have room for different tactics and different strategies, and it will have room for the unknown and the mysteries. It will certainly be nice to look at, and of course, it will be easily played from your mobile phone. It will have no need for a manual, as it will have information in the places you need it. Nor will it require players to visit #something to explain that they actually work for a company with more than 1 person per IP.

A tall order?

We shall see...
Unread 18 Jan 2010, 03:47   #75
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
I am truly sorry my judgement is so hard, and of course most of you would probably not agree with me (you are perhaps already an experienced player?) or my arguments. I have no problem with that, of course.
I don't really think that's the case. In fact I posted this a few days ago which says much of the same as you do, although obviously, as I go on to say, I'm fine with doing something different aimed at the actual playerbase we now have. In my opinion a lot of the problems PA faces are due to the changes the game has seen. I mean the level of scaling involved in dropping down from 180,000 planets to 1200 is outrageous. What happened was the game got squeezed more and more and more until the only players left were those with a significant investment in the community and, because of this, the community became extraordinarily insular. It's even broken down further so the game with 1200 planets probably has a more contested range of opinions (at least ones that are voiced) on how the game should work than the one that had 180,000, which is just hilarious.

In fairness I would have to say that I thought pax was a complete piece of shit with even less going for it than the current piece of shit I find myself playing. That said planetarion was pretty cool and I'd probably give "spinner's spaceships" a go!

I do find it awesome that they wouldn't sell it back to you though. What did you offer for the game? Four inches of string and a couple of buttons?

Edit: If you think about it it's absolutely outrageous how time consuming and demanding the game is to actually do evan vaguely well at it. And I don't mean win it, I mean avoid getting absolutely ****ed out of it. Partly the result of such a small game in comparison to what it was though.

Last edited by JonnyBGood; 18 Jan 2010 at 04:02.
JonnyBGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2010, 06:08   #76
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

I agree with so much of that it makes me cry!
I wont say playing 'without' an alliance which is basically what asc means atm has been a revelation to me as i have been in nub allies before.
If I, as an experienced who simply hasnt played single targeting before, can as thoroughly **** up my round as i have, simply by choosing the wrong race i dread to think what its like for the nub.
I also find myself once more, as i often have before, as GC complaining half heartedly against the galaxy's general will to boot new players or not so new players for simply failing to be on IRC all to often. Otherwise thoroughly decent ppl get in a frenzy about getting rid of the not so actives for the good of the gal, and with a heavy heart, as with so many rounds before, I kno that for the gals short term prosperity they are right and I concede. The games long term future be damned
Even ignoring gameplay, the environment for new players presented by the community is terrible, it comes up at least once a round in some part of the forums but there is no momentum behind change, unless exiles are drastically reduced the veterans have no reason to support nubs and help them with that mess of a manual or to get through having made that first mistake in choosing the rounds lamest race.

Last edited by [B5]Londo; 18 Jan 2010 at 06:12. Reason: additions
[B5]Londo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2010, 13:49   #77
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

spinner just summed up a part of the reasons why i don't dare touching this game with a stick anymore. atm i'm playing a clone of the old game. it's fun.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2010, 20:38   #78
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

And the winner of the award for "Quote of the Decade" is...........

Quote:
My return to PA, as a non-alliance, non-hardcore player, with no insight in the changes of late, has gotten me "the standard warning for cheaters", 2 exiles for my inability to be active enough in the gal-channel, and of course I have been anihilated back to the stoneage on 3 occasions. All for just five-punds-fifty.
Priceless.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2010, 18:10   #79
God
of War

God can only hope to improve

To the onwer(s) of Planetarion:

If you really like the game, then sell it to Spinner.

"[Zeus to Ares:] 'To me you are the most hateful of all the gods who hold Olympos. Forever quarrelling is dear to your heart, wars and battles." - Homer, Iliad 5.699
God is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2010, 21:48   #80
DigitalZero
Round 1er

DigitalZero will become famous soon enoughDigitalZero will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by God View Post
To the onwer(s) of Planetarion:

If you really like the game, then sell it to Spinner.
agreed! we were promised BIG changes... and i have yet to see this... being a player since round 1, I would love to see the player base get back to that of the first 5 rounds, when we had more than enough planets to do whatever we could with, and alliances where huge!

and with that Spinner and Zeus, a nice big welcome back to the both of you, now HELP!!!!!!

Round 1 - 6: NewDawn
- 3,4,5 - ND HC
Round 7: NeMeSiS
Round 8,9: ND..then retired
Round 12: return to PA. NewDawn
Round 13 - Present: NewDawn, 35+ HC.

PA-Radio!!!
DigitalZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2010, 14:37   #81
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi_K View Post
I laughed

me too
Unread 20 Jan 2010, 14:42   #82
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Well well, what do you know
Two grumpy old farts like us, once again on the PA forums, what is the world coming to?

Whenever I release a new game though, it will have more spaceships than footballs. It will have an environment where new players can learn and grow, and where alliances can prosper and fight. It will have room for different tactics and different strategies, and it will have room for the unknown and the mysteries. It will certainly be nice to look at, and of course, it will be easily played from your mobile phone. It will have no need for a manual, as it will have information in the places you need it. Nor will it require players to visit #something to explain that they actually work for a company with more than 1 person per IP.

A tall order?

We shall see...
sounds like an advert

(not that i mind an advert, i have returned to see what is going on and found out not much, would rather you found a way to say what your new game is called though, without breaking the rules of course )

xxx
Unread 20 Jan 2010, 15:45   #83
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough

Dear Spinner,

please buy back this game. I'd even sign a petition. This is no offense to the current owner of the game. We've seen many owners before but none of them put in the effort we've seen by Spinner before.
There are enough other cows to milk, Jolt & Co and their greedy politics killed this game - I'd say time to revive has come.

I'd also donate a certain amount (I'm a student) for this and I'm sure lots of ppl would do the same.

And...

Relation Change Ascendancy and the Horde are now at war with each other.
Korsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2010, 18:07   #84
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Spinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korsan View Post
Dear Spinner,

please buy back this game. I'd even sign a petition. This is no offense to the current owner of the game. We've seen many owners before but none of them put in the effort we've seen by Spinner before.
There are enough other cows to milk, Jolt & Co and their greedy politics killed this game - I'd say time to revive has come.

I'd also donate a certain amount (I'm a student) for this and I'm sure lots of ppl would do the same.
Believe me, we tried.
But for some reason, certain parameters were changed in the 11th hour and the deal was shot down. Who knows, maybe some day someone will get back to us looking at things a bit differently.
Unread 4 May 2010, 08:33   #85
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one, Spinner. Eventhough I'm sure it was all legit, you can't deny the irony in the fact that the creator of the game got 'warned' for closure ;-)

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2010, 15:20   #86
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Of course not!
That was the whole point about the thread in the first place

No-one laughed more than I did about this. Trust me
Unread 5 May 2010, 08:20   #87
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Of course not!
That was the whole point about the thread in the first place

No-one laughed more than I did about this. Trust me
Wait... What? You're telling me that the creator of PA actually does have a good sence of humor? Next you'll tell me that multihunters are infact also just human beings ??? :-)

FA Gaming community

Unread 5 May 2010, 14:43   #88
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Our first server was named Metal. Our second Crystal. Eonium was written on our coffemachine

tbh, the combat-model in rounds 1 and 2 was mostly a joke too

The first techtree had so many cross-dependencies it looked like something Spiderman designed

Best of all though, I was managing director of our company

So you see, the history is full of funny jokes, and they dont get old!
Unread 5 May 2010, 14:55   #89
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

See if u an add in another or two!

When are you gonna make the new spacegame though spinner, its all we really care about, u know!

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2010, 14:56   #90
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:

Our first server was named Metal. Our second Crystal. Eonium was written on our coffemachine

tbh, the combat-model in rounds 1 and 2 was mostly a joke too

The first techtree had so many cross-dependencies it looked like something Spiderman designed

Best of all though, I was managing director of our company

So you see, the history is full of funny jokes, and they dont get old!
I bet when you invented the Xan race, you probably did a naming contest and decided that the one that sounded the least appealing should win. And then you also coupled that with one of the most useless ships this game has ever produced ;-)

But then you had silly players like me who always sticked with Xan, no matter what the stats were.

FA Gaming community

Unread 5 May 2010, 15:48   #91
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran View Post
And then you also coupled that with one of the most useless ships this game has ever produced ;-)
Hey, the interceptor was the most useless ship ever, nothing else even comes close. /me hugs his interceptor model

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2010, 16:02   #92
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

ahhh, I remember those days! Where all my m8s played planetarion, and we ran to comps at breaks at school to check. And we were all certain that initing Metal roids instead of E roids at the start was the best way!!! Only nubs went for E roids man!

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 6 May 2010, 09:07   #93
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe View Post
Hey, the interceptor was the most useless ship ever, nothing else even comes close. /me hugs his interceptor model
I was more aiming at the Banshee ;-)

FA Gaming community

Unread 6 May 2010, 09:11   #94
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
ahhh, I remember those days! Where all my m8s played planetarion, and we ran to comps at breaks at school to check. And we were all certain that initing Metal roids instead of E roids at the start was the best way!!! Only nubs went for E roids man!
Or worse. Trying to explain your gf why you received an sms in the middle of the night and why you needed to get up to go to your computer ...

FA Gaming community

Unread 6 May 2010, 09:26   #95
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
See if u an add in another or two!

When are you gonna make the new spacegame though spinner, its all we really care about, u know!
I can't comment on that just yet.
That doesn't mean we have not started, it just means I can't comment on it.

However, if things go roughly as planned, I might be able to comment on it in a few weeks.
Unread 6 May 2010, 09:41   #96
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Ohh, you working on something new, Spinner? I hope this time you actually make money with it !!! ;-)

FA Gaming community

Unread 6 May 2010, 11:55   #97
berten
respect, unity, order

berten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

However, if things go roughly as planned, I might be able to comment on it in a few weeks.
/me bows
Unread 6 May 2010, 13:51   #98
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:

Thanks for the good news on my birthday!

Quote:
Unread 6 May 2010, 14:29   #99
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Is it your birthday today??? Seriously?

Well, happy birthday then!!!

Oh, and what good news? I ain't said nuffin'
Unread 6 May 2010, 14:36   #100
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Is it your birthday today??? Seriously?

Well, happy birthday then!!!

Oh, and what good news? I ain't said nuffin'
Now you have no other choice then to create and release that other game ... it's his birthday for crying out loud !!!

FA Gaming community