User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 8 Mar 2009, 12:39   #1
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of
Any eta when the PACalc is going to be fixed?

Any eta when the PACalc is going to be fixed?

Currently you have to click a few times to get the correct calc, I even had 2.7mil in salvage value at one point.

It appears that it holds old fleet information, and uses that.

I love the calc tbh, more accurate than the others (when it works).

Could you also have the actual values for salvage included for single fleets? Atm you only get a break down on multi fleets.

Also when you click "AddFleet" could you auto put the drop down box to the new fleet number, because it always reverts to Fleet 1.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx

Last edited by MrLobster; 8 Mar 2009 at 14:25.
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2009, 13:43   #2
Gabriel
Gabba gabba hey hey

Gabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura about
Re: Any eta when the PACalc is going to be fixed?

I'd also like to be able to add "my stuff" to a new fleet, rather than having to add the fleet then add my stuff
Gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2009, 16:52   #3
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

salvage for ziks should be fixed, then its fine imo

and i love it, dont use thruds or anything anymore

"Itīs not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2009, 17:08   #4
eltsin
zawze^asc

eltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really nice

A detail log would be nice (unless it exists and I failed to find it).
eltsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2009, 17:49   #5
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltsin View Post
A detail log would be nice (unless it exists and I failed to find it).
yes thats one thing i miss, i like to see what killed what and when.

<Ave> both has bad gfx
Unread 8 Mar 2009, 18:20   #6
Cincinnatus
PA Team

Cincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud of

- the "random fleets not belonging to my calc" thing is being looked at, and it's been seriously annoying me for quite a while.
- "add to new fleet" option i'll see about including to the "add to fleet" specific things
- a "log" output is considered, depends quite a lot on time
MultiHunter Team -#multihunters
Cincinnatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2009, 18:41   #7
Bubert Samson
Come Closer, I Have Candy

Bubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the rough

One thing I would ask for is a "reset all" button, but other than that and the "mysterious battles" that happen sometimes, I really do like it.

[ROCK] || Conspiracy Theory || Ascendancy

Rounds Played: 3-9 16-19 23-33

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
- Edgar Allan Poe
Bubert Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2009, 19:47   #8
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubert Samson View Post
One thing I would ask for is a "reset all" button, but other than that and the "mysterious battles" that happen sometimes, I really do like it.
yeah its quite funny when xan fights xan and your opponents fleet get all emped

"Itīs not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2009, 14:05   #9
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Yeah sick calc btw, +1 Pos rep for PACrew. Tis my calc of choice
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2009, 02:51   #10
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

Add a totals lost column (Killed+Stolen) to attacker/defender.

Change all the ship names to a format which includes what they target. e.g. Harpy[FI] (FI/CO)

<Ave> both has bad gfx
Unread 10 Mar 2009, 07:52   #11
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Detailed log!
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2009, 16:30   #12
DigitalZero
Round 1er

DigitalZero will become famous soon enoughDigitalZero will become famous soon enough

Just a suggestion, please make it look more friendly... the UI is a mess. Please make it look more like thrud and it would be golden!

Round 1 - 6: NewDawn
- 3,4,5 - ND HC
Round 7: NeMeSiS
Round 8,9: ND..then retired
Round 12: return to PA. NewDawn
Round 13 - Present: NewDawn, 35+ HC.

PA-Radio!!!
DigitalZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2009, 16:45   #13
Considence

Considence has a spectacular aura aboutConsidence has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0RPH3US View Post
yeah its quite funny when xan fights xan and your opponents fleet get all emped
Thats just ziks being overpowered!
Considence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2009, 17:01   #14
[ND]Byrney
Nobody

[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold

Has anyone else run into the double parse bug? Seems to happen when you add more than one AU at once.
[ND]Byrney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2009, 17:04   #15
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ND]Byrney View Post
Has anyone else run into the double parse bug? Seems to happen when you add more than one AU at once.
That's because you parse the scan-ID as well as the ships.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2009, 17:05   #16
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
This isn't really a bug, pacalc adds off both url and fleet so when you copy and paste both url and actual scan you get the same fleet added twice.
Unread 11 Mar 2009, 17:17   #17
[ND]Byrney
Nobody

[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold

Oh so if I just added the scan group url it'd work? Bah!
[ND]Byrney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2009, 19:02   #18
Cincinnatus
PA Team

Cincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud of

Quote:
Oh so if I just added the scan group url it'd work? Bah!
yep, with group scans it'll load the data from any planet, development, incoming, unit/adv unit scans that's in the group.

you can either paste the url to the scan/group scan or the bbcode scan tag
Unread 11 Mar 2009, 19:11   #19
Cincinnatus
PA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalZero View Post
Just a suggestion, please make it look more friendly... the UI is a mess. Please make it look more like thrud and it would be golden!
looking at minimizing things a bit, IE like replacing some of the buttons will less "massive" things like links.
i'm also considering user settings, allowing to "hide" things.

if anyone have suggestions on "tweaks"/changes or additions to the bcalc, just mail it to me (cin@ i'm sure you can guess the rest), drop it in a forum pm or on irc.
Unread 11 Mar 2009, 22:46   #20
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough

Hey Cin i think we shared gal once pre-round 10

The ghostfleet thingy is extremly frustrating, today just now it kept saying my Ter emps even after i resetted and closed/opened a new calc 4 times. Had to use something else no easy things like ctrl-f5 worked either.
I quite like the UI, i guess im just odd.
Unread 12 Mar 2009, 02:25   #21
Cincinnatus
PA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabult View Post
Hey Cin i think we shared gal once pre-round 10
in r9 i believe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabult View Post
The ghostfleet thingy is extremly frustrating, today just now it kept saying my Ter emps even after i resetted and closed/opened a new calc 4 times. Had to use something else no easy things like ctrl-f5 worked either.
I quite like the UI, i guess im just odd.
saving seems to be rather effective, so if the "extra" ships/fleets just keeps beings stuck in the calc, save and it should be fine.
We've passed 32k store scans so i suspect some of'em might be due to ppl having figured out saving cleans things up.
Unread 12 Mar 2009, 04:28   #22
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

One small quip, the same one I mentioned in beta....remove the zeros from the ship total lines...25 phantoms become 250, etc.

A minor annoyance, but has lead to some interesting calcs when I'm in a rush and not paying attention.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2009, 09:16   #23
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

is there a way to delete old saved calcs? the (my) list is getting kinda long..
Unread 12 Mar 2009, 13:11   #24
Cincinnatus
PA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
One small quip, the same one I mentioned in beta....remove the zeros from the ship total lines...25 phantoms become 250, etc.

A minor annoyance, but has lead to some interesting calcs when I'm in a rush and not paying attention.
ship total lines??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaejii View Post
is there a way to delete old saved calcs? the (my) list is getting kinda long..
atm no, i'll add it to the list of things to add.
i wanted to test how the calc behaved through out the round as the "size" grew, even with my test data at 1,2mill calcs there could be something i've missed that "normal usage" would detect.
Despite the list getting long for you, it should still be pretty fast loading though, might be an idea having it just load the last 100 or so by default with an option to load the full list.
Unread 12 Mar 2009, 13:15   #25
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

The boxes where you have the numbers of each ship.

They've all got zeros in them, instead of being blank.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2009, 14:43   #26
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/4009/image1mcd.jpg
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 12 Mar 2009, 18:30   #27
Zaejii
This Space for Rent

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

yeah, it runs pretty smooth. i don't have that many personally, but i'd imagine that some have really big lists!
Unread 12 Mar 2009, 19:40   #28
Mzyxptlk
mz.

When people complain about trivialities, you know you've done a good job. This, combined with the ingame arbiter and defence page are the first times I've seen this happen in PA since I started playing.
Unread 12 Mar 2009, 21:55   #29
Zaejii
This Space for Rent

mz, who's complaining?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnatus View Post
if anyone have suggestions on "tweaks"/changes or additions to the bcalc, just mail it to me (cin@ i'm sure you can guess the rest), drop it in a forum pm or on irc.
as an aside, the salvage calculations and such that the pa calc do are very nice, and the intel thing works considerably well when people keep it updated (for when you can't get on irc or the bots are down).
Unread 12 Mar 2009, 22:07   #30
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaejii View Post
mz, who's complaining?
Have you read this topic? My post was not meant to insult man.
Unread 12 Mar 2009, 22:39   #31
Zaejii
This Space for Rent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Have you read this topic? My post was not meant to insult man.
long time ago! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
Could you also have the actual values for salvage included for single fleets? Atm you only get a break down on multi fleets.
as a work around, i usually add a 2nd fleet with 1 ship in it to get the salvage numbers, or even divide up my own fleet into two slots just so i can get that stuff out of it.
Unread 21 Mar 2009, 12:07   #32
Cincinnatus
PA Team

ok, time for some famous last words type of things i guess.
the random ships/fleets that some times got included in the bcalc should be gone.
initial testing looks promising, but can't really tell without starting to use it so let me know if the problem is still there or any other has decided to show up.
Or just even to confirm that the problem seems to be gone.