User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 28 May 2007, 15:09   #1
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Longer Round?

My suggestion is rather simple. How about you give us a slightly longer round (perhaps a week)?

In my opinion the round is far from over, and by finishing it early you are handing a certain victory to the number one alliance. With a little bit more time in the round I have full faith that the position could be challenged.

This round has been nothing in length, another week or two will do it justice.

Thoughts are welcomed, as long as they agree with me.
Unread 28 May 2007, 15:11   #2
H1TMANish
BlueTuba

H1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant future
Re: Longer Round?

You would say that, wouldn't you. You just want ascendancy to claim the #1 spot that wolfpack have carefully and skillfully farmed their way to 'achieve'.
H1TMANish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2007, 15:15   #3
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Don't shoot the messanger.

But it would be nice not only from my position within an alliance but also as a spectator.

Wouldn't it be great to watch a challenge for wolfpack and perhaps an exciting finish.

I am more than sure many of my comrades within the alliance I am in don't sure the same opinion. They would probably want the round to end today, but I like to grab the bull by the balls and have a crack.
Unread 28 May 2007, 15:44   #4
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure tactics would have been completely different if the round was 7 days longer, so that doesn't necessarily apply here.

However, I am quite shocked at how blind people have been, paying for 5 short rounds in a year rather than paying for 4 longer ones.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2007, 16:12   #5
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

PaTeam (or Jolt) found it nessecary to fit more rounds into a full year, and apparantly 5 rounds of 7 weeks (and 5 times a 3 week 'between round'-break) fits nicely in a year. I'm not sure if this had to do with being able/allowed to run a free round once a year thanks to the planning, but i think that was one of the reasons. As for the players being blind, apart from either playing (and then chosing to pay or not) or not playing at all, they have little choise since it is PaTeam (and Jolt?) who decide how long the rounds will be.

That said i personally have always thought a 9 week round (4 rounds a year) would be just fine, these 7 week rounds are pretty short in terms of getting the game rolling. Although with current political climate it might not matter at all for who will be the winners.
Unread 28 May 2007, 16:16   #6
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by H1TMANish
You would say that, wouldn't you. You just want ascendancy to claim the #1 spot that wolfpack have carefully and skillfully farmed their way to 'achieve'.
Please refrain from abusing the word "skill" in relation to WP, you'll end up confusing people and making them mentally ill!
Unread 28 May 2007, 16:36   #7
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

While I think that extending the round by a week would certainly make it more interesting, it would be unfair on WP as they were told that the round ends on Friday, their plans have probably been made for this end date, it would be unjust to just extend the round and screw over their plans.
Unread 28 May 2007, 16:39   #8
Caj
speed demon

Caj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really nice

yaa make it longer then i can get top 100 \o/

Round 20 - Rank 7 - Destiny (Zik)
Round 24 - Rank 2 - Conspiracy (Xan)
Round 28 - Rank 4 - Ascendancy (Xan)
Round 66 - Rank 9 - Ultores (Etd)
Round 83 - Rank 10 - #METOO (Zik)
Round 85 - Rank 3 - QQ (Etd)
Round 89 - Rank 2 - VGN (Zik)
Round 91 - Rank 9 - VGN (Zik)
Caj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2007, 17:25   #9
Kree

Kree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of light

would be dumbest move ever tbh, no offense pig m8 ...but you can´t announce a round end before round, and then some days before it you change it ...
Unread 28 May 2007, 17:28   #10
pig
1up on you

They have done it before.
Unread 28 May 2007, 17:33   #11
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
In my opinion the round is far from over, and by finishing it early you are handing a certain victory to the number one alliance. With a little bit more time in the round I have full faith that the position could be challenged.
If you want to win a round, you *have* to take into consideration the legnth of the round in order to achive that victory. People who want to win, but miscalculate their actions, worse than someone else, deserve to lose (IMO).
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2007, 17:35   #12
pig
1up on you

Good opinion that.
Unread 28 May 2007, 17:42   #13
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

That's a terrible reason to extend the round. I'm not sure justice is the right word pig.
Unread 28 May 2007, 18:10   #14
M0shy
WP <3

M0shy is a jewel in the roughM0shy is a jewel in the roughM0shy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
While I think that extending the round by a week would certainly make it more interesting, it would be unfair on WP as they were told that the round ends on Friday, their plans have probably been made for this end date, it would be unjust to just extend the round and screw over their plans.
Dont make me cancel my holiday I cant play PA from download!
M0shy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2007, 18:29   #15
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

It's punishment for picking that over Glastonbury dear
Unread 28 May 2007, 19:30   #16
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
They have done it before.
Yeah, but they can't really just change the length in the middle of a round. That would be like changing the stats.
Unread 28 May 2007, 19:43   #17
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The winning alliance is the alliance with the highest score at the end of the given time period. Changing the nature of the second half of that statement is just shifting the goalposts.
Unread 28 May 2007, 21:28   #18
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
My suggestion is rather simple. How about you give us a slightly longer round (perhaps a week)?

This round has been nothing in length, another week or two will do it justice.

Thoughts are welcomed, as long as they agree with me.
Nah, I don't agree, so i'll write anyways. The round time was given, and so it should be. You don't see football matches being extended with one half just because the other team think they can win.

I think 7 weeks is enough, especially with the short time between each round as it is now.
Unread 29 May 2007, 01:50   #19
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

way to repeat what everyone said, also im with leaving it as it is.
Unread 29 May 2007, 03:16   #20
M0shy
WP <3

M0shy is a jewel in the roughM0shy is a jewel in the roughM0shy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Nah, I don't agree, so i'll write anyways. The round time was given, and so it should be. You don't see football matches being extended with one half just because the other team think they can win.

I think 7 weeks is enough, especially with the short time between each round as it is now.
Unless your alex ferguson!
M0shy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2007, 04:59   #21
DigitalZero
Round 1er

DigitalZero will become famous soon enoughDigitalZero will become famous soon enough

Personally, I was upset when they shortened round lengths. I would say, that you cannot for this round lengthen it, but perhaps round 22, a bit longer, aye !

Round 1 - 6: NewDawn
- 3,4,5 - ND HC
Round 7: NeMeSiS
Round 8,9: ND..then retired
Round 12: return to PA. NewDawn
Round 13 - Present: NewDawn, 35+ HC.

PA-Radio!!!
DigitalZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2007, 10:32   #22
add100
add

add100 has a spectacular aura aboutadd100 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalZero
Personally, I was upset when they shortened round lengths. I would say, that you cannot for this round lengthen it, but perhaps round 22, a bit longer, aye !
well i dont think round 22 will be a long one cos of one wold "FREE"
r21 Wolfpack
r22 Jenova
r23 Destiny
add100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2007, 10:32   #23
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Off the top of my head, the sensible situations are as follows:

5 7 week rounds
4 9 week rounds

Both of thoose fit into a year reasonably well and both have 3 week gaps from ticks stopping to ticks starting.

9 weeks has the advanatge of flexibility - if there is a delay we can shorten a round to 8 weeks.

7 weeks has the advantage of having a greater chance of a free round, it is however very un-flexible and even the smallest delay can cause big problems.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2007, 10:42   #24
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

9 rounds a year?
You smoking crack?

|edit| This will teach me not to fastread a post.
I started wondering about your mathskills

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out

Last edited by Allfather; 29 May 2007 at 10:47.
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2007, 10:46   #25
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

When they were longer we had people moaning the opposite. Round 14 especially and one of exilition's rounds. "We're all bored, the round was over weeks ago" etc. It's up to the alliances playing whether it remains competitive for that long or in this case becomes competitive in that timeframe.
Unread 29 May 2007, 10:50   #26
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Not the average players (ie like me) fault that alliances are scared as shit and dont have the balls to do anything bar galraids.

Should be mandatory with atleast 1 2-3 week long war per alliance per round.

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2007, 10:59   #27
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Just get this round over with already

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2007, 17:55   #28
viC
Carnivorous Flamingo

viC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to behold

9 week rounds!

When you consider how long it takes to actually get going [the 1st week is wasted just con/res/initing etc] 7 weeks is painfully short :(
Unread 29 May 2007, 18:03   #29
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

That totally depends on the play style chose. Everyone (being the alliances competing for the win) seems to be used to building up the first 2-3 weeks through galraiding, which indeed does make the time to actually beat your opponent rather short. But wars could start alot earlier though, with decent intel within a week hell could break lose if anyone is up to it (given the motivation is there, members are up for it and the scoring system doesn't make it a waste of time), rather then spending half the round "building up". The cons/res/initiating shouldn't really matter since everyone has that problem early on, so any fight in that sense is equal.

[edit]Although i personally find 7 weeks to be rather short (it doesn't feel like coming to an end yet), for the round outcome it doesn't really matter as long as the alliances/players involved properly adjust their strategy to fit with the total time they have to win
Unread 6 Jun 2007, 15:38   #30
zokka

zokka has a spectacular aura aboutzokka has a spectacular aura aboutzokka has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
Off the top of my head, the sensible situations are as follows:

5 7 week rounds
4 9 week rounds
57 week round!! that would certainly sort the men from the boys
zokka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2007, 16:40   #31
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The drooling retards from the bored.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2007, 17:00   #32
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

After this round, we certainly need a longer round to have a viable game. If roids can't be allowed to pay off then it's a bit counterproductive.
Unread 6 Jun 2007, 17:37   #33
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
After this round, we certainly need a longer round to have a viable game. If roids can't be allowed to pay off then it's a bit counterproductive.
Third round in a few years when roids simply fail to cut the cake for those who hold them, eh?
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2007, 18:21   #34
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
Third round in a few years when roids simply fail to cut the cake for those who hold them, eh?
This is a hint at hypocrisy on my part but not at all as my point is nothing to do with the battle between value and XP. I think XP made the game harder for us later on, as we had to cover to wipe simply to stop lands. If we can't have an XP strategy that is competitive, the current status quo is very good.

My point about roids paying off, is that it is allowing weight of numbers having more of a say than it should. I don't think the short length of the round helped this balance and it would make sense to redress it. I am talking about this in terms of the alliance race, rather than the planet race, as Greenhills planet is all about holding roids, just not his - he still needed resources for donations by others holding roids, but to question the ethics of this is not for this thread. Infact under my argument he would get a further lead.

Because of the short round, the game simply ran out of time when with a longer campaign there was scope for alliances to catch up and actually make a fight of it. It meant that the round had a swifter death and people just gave up. While i don't have a good command of stats i do have a good feel for whether the game is working and I felt the length of the round was the major factor in the negatives of this round. Grinding for no real end apart from earning the best rank was actually quite boring.

Which, by the way was a good game with half decent stats.

Last edited by lokken; 6 Jun 2007 at 18:27.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2007, 18:26   #35
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
This is a hint at hypocrisy on my part but not at all as my point is nothing to do with the battle between value and XP.
What I was trying to point out, is, that during XP rounds having lots of roids is even more counterproductive than usual. That is, if you're on value play.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2007, 02:54   #36
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
Yeah, but they can't really just change the length in the middle of a round. That would be like changing the stats.
They've done that before too!

I find myself feeling that a 7 week round is a tad short too - but clearly a round should not last longer than it was originally announced to be. I wouldnt mind trying a 9 week round, especially given the much faster start-ups that this round experienced, as that could liven things up quite alot.

Another thing with longer rounds and roids is that for most planets, they loose ships and resources in the process of capping roids - if a normal landing takes say 72 ticks for those roids to repay, then you need to hold onto them for that long to make it (value-wise) breakeven. When 72 hours is 6% of a round, that doesnt give alot of space for all that many landings to repay themselves. So, i think its a valid consideration.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2007, 18:09   #37
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
5 7 week rounds
4 9 week rounds
How about 4 8-week rounds, which would allow a certain amount of flexibility, or is that not an option for some reason?
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2007, 18:20   #38
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinA
How about 4 8-week rounds, which would allow a certain amount of flexibility, or is that not an option for some reason?
It means there are large gaps between rounds and everyone gets bored.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2007, 18:24   #39
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Why are we so fixed on having a certain number of rounds per year? What's wrong with just having 8-week rounds with 3-week breaks?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2007, 03:09   #40
LynchMob
Old Fart

LynchMob is infamous around these partsLynchMob is infamous around these partsLynchMob is infamous around these parts

Could just take some of that LONG time off of researching. Would give extra time.

#FAnG

#Mercenaries
LynchMob is offline   Reply With Quote