User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 2 Jun 2010, 12:09   #101
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Re: World Cup Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_ View Post
i was just commenting on how amusing your idiocy is.
I understand. If you got no arguements or anything to back up your statements, the best option is to mock, insult and try and divert the attention from your lack of knowledge.

This thread is all about opinions (as there is no way to compare players or countries anyway, let alone players playing on different positions). I stated mine, backed up with my arguements. You stated yours and decided to insult the other person because he doesn't agree with your opinion.

Says enough really, doesn't it.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2010, 15:27   #102
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

I'll tell you why you're wrong later, I'm still enjoying my post-exam bliss
Unread 2 Jun 2010, 15:53   #103
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem! View Post
HUP HOLLAND HUP!
Isn't it JUP HOLLAND JUP ?

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2010, 09:15   #104
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There is no "right or wrong" with opinions ... You think Brazil got an awesome team and Kaka played a great season. I claim differently and back that up with the arguements I posted earlier. It's a matter of opinion, strange that you feel the need to insult those not complying with your opinion.

FA Gaming community

Unread 7 Jun 2010, 20:54   #105
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

is anyone coming over to play 1-X's world cup prediction league on Foxy Stoat?

http://www.foxystoat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11943

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2010, 06:58   #106
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
Cambiasso
He's good. However, it's safe to rule Argentina out of the competition for the top seats if merely for the fact that they dropped Zanetti and Cambiasso home. I'm not convinced with the "we'll go with four center backs and swap in full backs if we have trouble starting attacks" -plan. Messi's unlikely to play in a treaquerista'ish role with two class passers (Xavi, Iniesta) feeding him balls so don't expect miracles.

The Dutch seem decent but Robben's recent injury trouble are a big hit. The defence is poor at best, and the, well, Ajax keeper. It's a drop to them Van Der Sar isn't available for duty, since he's truly very good even at his old days. France has had an awful qualification campaign with Domenech and it's a miracle the guy hasn't been sacked yet. The team's in an internal turmoil with paedophiles flying left and right in the squad, they're unlikely to reach past quarters.

The Portuguese - I really don't see why people are listing them, I mean, there's a handful of decents, Miguel Veloso, Cristiano Ronaldo, Deco, but it's still not going to be enough for much. Drogba broke his elbow (or was it arm) so Ivory Coast's out and the African team possibly to pack a surprise to reach quarters could be Nigeria.

England are a strong squad but despite all the Terry fanboys I don't think he's as good as he used to be, and the recent loss of Rio F leaves the defence with Ledley Glassking, who, when fit, can be immensely good, but that's assuming he can actually be fit. He's training once a week, huh. With industrious Rooney, and a hapless 4-4-2 with a black pole in the front with him, they'll make it to semis but are likely to be left wondering if Heskey was running for the golden boot in the first place. Could you equally well be making room for Rooney with the much spoken Gerrard behind rather than Heskey up front?

Spain's an excellent team packed with a lot of talent and are to be a force to be reckoned. They'll probably bring you with nigh the best of football in the cup, but also potentially the best of play acting in the cup. They're contenders for the title, the only real questions are Fabregas' concentration and Torres' fitness. And possibly Casillas. He's still up first, while Valdez could bring a lot too.

Dunga's brought something to Brazil not often seen: a style of discipline and un'brazilian'ish defensive work. Ronaldinho deserved his seat off the pitch by being a lazy fat prick, but the team's looking more like a team than the Brazilian setups, and despite the deep midfield they've got the potential to attack fast with strikers like Maicon (OFFSIDE SORRY) and Luis Fabiano.

Italy's my bet however. Probably seen as underdogs, they're concerned about Pirlo's fitness, but they've had, despite a weak group, a good campaign, and I think they'll pack a surprise. People are very much underlooking them due to the recent drop in the amount of big egos in the team, but you can argue Totti's and Del Pierro's presense in the end aren't that big hits. They still have an outstanding defense (Chiellini, Cannavaro, Criscito, Zambrotta to name the better ones) backed up by one of the true goalkeeping greats in Buffon. The midfield's not as weak as argued either with De Rossi and Montolivo possibly showing quality this year. They've got a good tricky striker in Di Natale, and two other decents in Gilardinho and Iaquinta (mind you, who both are twice the players say Emile Heskey is). They'll defend the title.

To clarify:
Semi Finals:
Brazil - England
Germany - Italy

Final:
Brazil - Italy
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2010, 09:19   #107
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Nice post Tietäyä :-)

Concerning Spain comments: I very much doubt they will start with Fabregas in the starting 11. That is if they'll play with Torres.

With Torres, he and Villa will be the strikers and Iniesta, Silva, Xavi and Xabi Alonso will be the midfield, Fabregas will start on the bench.

Incase Torres isn't fit enough, Silva moves up a row and becomes 2nd strikes and Fabregas starts on the field.

Casillas is by far the better keeper compared with Valdez, even if he's playing a lesser season this year. He proved that during difficult games, at Real, that he can keep his team alive.

You say Spain is an excellent team, yet you don't think they'll reach the semi's?

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 8 Jun 2010, 09:44   #108
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran View Post
You say Spain is an excellent team, yet you don't think they'll reach the semi's?
I reckon I matched it up so that assuming Italy and Spain both win their groups (which seems likely looking at their tables), they'll meet up before semis at which point Spain'll be knocked out. I do quite think Italy is perhaps the most under-rated team in the tourney: even considering their easy qualification group, they didn't lose a game, they've been consistent under Lippi, and I think the fact that they're a bit under-rated also plays out to reduce the pressure. Spain are under immense pressure to perform being one of the very favourites to win the title and there's always the chance of them buckling under it, considering circumstances (a lot of them have longer seasons behind them due to the ECL for Barca, there's been things like Torres' ligaments and I do consider Torres a key striker for them despite Villa obviously being on the front page with a big move to Barca).

What I did omit is Germany, but people have summed it up - the Turkish blokes they have playing in their ranks are fair, and the Özil person might just be one of the winger/playmaker makeweights of the tournament (and I don't consider Michael Bollocks a big loss, really). We'll see.
Unread 8 Jun 2010, 10:17   #109
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Well, Spain won EU champs while Barcelona won the CL aswell. So most their players had a very long season.

Also Iniesta and Torres, assuming they are fit enough to play, will be in better condition and more fresh as they missed out the last months due to injuries.

Eventhough I agree Torres is a key player for Spain, I do believe Villa is more important. The great advantage of Spain is that not only their strikers score alot of goals, but also their midfielders do, which is a great asset.

I don't know about Italy, tbh I don't know their squad very well. Most of their players come from Juventus, who played a very poor season this year. Alot of key players have left (Nesta, Totti) and others are over their top (Cannavaro, Grosso, Zambrotta, Toni). Their strikers aren't known to be amongst the best (eventhough Di natale and Iaquinta are good strikers).

I don't know, I think they will miss the experience of alot of players that quit or didn't play a great season. I don't think they'll reach the semi's and tbh I surely hope they don't

FA Gaming community

Unread 8 Jun 2010, 10:58   #110
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
I don't know about Italy, tbh I don't know their squad very well. Most of their players come from Juventus, who played a very poor season this year.
Buffon, Chiellini, Cannavaro are the certain Juventus players in the squad to feature in the starting lineups. While Cannavaro is old, this is going to be his last Italy competition given his "end career move to Emirates", he is solid, reliable, and well, there's been older players performing good for Italy.

Marchisio is unlikely to be in the starting lineup, but Camoronesi might.

Quote:
Alot of key players have left (Nesta, Totti)
Nesta is a blow. But Chiellini is an adequate replacement at least. Totti has never been "phenomenal" for Italy, in my opinion, he's one of the past couple of years' over rated Italians who will mostly be remembered of his streaks of loss of temper.

Zambrotta Cannavaro Chiellini Criscito is probably still one of the better defensive lineups in the cup teams. The Maggio Bochetti Bonuccio triad are less experienced on international side and sound like backup players.

Quote:
and others are over their top (Cannavaro, Grosso, Zambrotta, Toni).
Half of the people you call over their top aren't even in the squad. What difference does it make to their World Cup squad if Grosso or Toni are over their tops, when they're not included. In a similar fashion I could argue that David Beckham is over his top, but at least he's sitting with the squad albeit in a coaching role. I mean, what is the point of this?

Quote:
Their strikers aren't known to be amongst the best (eventhough Di natale and Iaquinta are good strikers).
Gilardinho's been steadily lethal for the past two seasons for Fiorentina. Di Natale's been in form (top scorer in Serie A this season) despite his old age, and could well be the Toto Schillachi of 2010. I think the Italian strikers are suffering from a lack of visibility to most people who don't follow Serie A, and the poor form of Juventus and so so isn't just down to these people failing to perform, but other as well (who remembers Diego?).

On midfield if fit Pirlo is an outstanding playmaker and a passer if on form definitely in the league with likes of Xavi and Iniesta. De Rossi is very solid too. The wingers might be the concern, I doubt Di Natale's going to play left rather than striker in here.

Quote:
I don't know, I think they will miss the experience of alot of players that quit or didn't play a great season.
Opinions are opinions of course, and it'll be interesting to see it pan out, but I'd appreciate if you at least bothered to check the team squads for world cup so I don't have to explain to you why David Beckham and Luca Toni aren't relevant.
Unread 8 Jun 2010, 11:08   #111
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

I know Grosso and Toni aren't called up, hence my point as they used to be key-players and now they're not even in the squad.

So don't tell me I need to check the team squads, I'm very well aware of all the things you said. Don't 'assume'.

FA Gaming community

Unread 8 Jun 2010, 11:12   #112
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
I know Grosso and Toni aren't called up, hence my point as they used to be key-players and now they're not even in the squad.
Then please explain to me what difference does Grosso or Toni "being over their top" make to the world cup?

Quote:
Alot of key players have left (Nesta, Totti) and others are over their top (Cannavaro, Grosso, Zambrotta, Toni)
Let me re-iterate: Zambrotta and Cannavaro are over their top (but are in the squad?), Nesta and Totti have retired (are they over their top? probably too?), and then Grosso and Toni are over their top but not in the squad despite having been around in quals?
Unread 8 Jun 2010, 11:33   #113
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

My point is: Toni and Grosso would normally have a place in the squad. Even more so, Grosso would have a place in the starting 11.

They're not in the squad this time. Is this because there is alot more talent in Italy. Not at all. Is it because other players have played an amazing season? Not at all.

The ONLY reason known players such as Toni and Grosso aren't selected, is because they did play an extremely poor season. Same reason why Del Piero isn't called up either.

Infact, yesterday I read an article in "Voetbal magazine" (a dutch soccer magazine) about Italy. An interview with a known Italian trainer (Zacchi or something), one of the trainers that was rumoured to take over from Lippi after this WC. He has similar views on his team.

He says the biggest advantage Italy currently have is their trainer.

There are very little youngsters called up. Balotelli and Cassano aren't called up either, both considered to be the furure for Italy.

FA Gaming community

Unread 8 Jun 2010, 12:16   #114
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
The ONLY reason known players such as Toni and Grosso aren't selected, is because they did play an extremely poor season. Same reason why Del Piero isn't called up either.
In all fairness to Luca Toni, he hardly featured much in the qualifyings either. Maybe 2 or 3 games at best. He's been poor. There are others that have performed better, especially if you've been following Serie A. The thing is, Di Natale, Gilardinho have been on form, and Iaquinta's been decent since recovering. Iaquinta's perhaps the questionable one here in terms of form due to his recent injury, and god only knows what Quagliarella is doing in the team, but Pazzini's something you'd call "future of Italy" at 25 years and an impressive season at Sampdoria behind him.

Quote:
Infact, yesterday I read an article in "Voetbal magazine" (a dutch soccer magazine) about Italy. An interview with a known Italian trainer (Zacchi or something), one of the trainers that was rumoured to take over from Lippi after this WC. He has similar views on his team.
It's already been pretty much confirmed that Cesare Prandelli will follow Marcelo Lippi as the next manager of Italy. (not Arrigo Sacchi. Or actually, could you be refering to Alberto Zaccheroni? He's with Juventus, but I can't quite tell if you're on about Sacchi or Zaccheroni. Given Zaccheroni's recent joining of Juventus it's very unlikely he'd jump out less than a year after his appointment, so I think I'll stick to Arrigo Sacchi, who hasn't actually managed a team since the early 2000s). But regardless, this is old news, Prandelli accepted the job last month.

Quote:
He says the biggest advantage Italy currently have is their trainer.

There are very little youngsters called up. Balotelli and Cassano aren't called up either, both considered to be the furure for Italy.
It's not a Theo Walcott league no. But if you consider Antonio Cassano a youngster, then the following Italy World Cup squad players are also youngsters: Pazzini Quagliarella Gilardinho Pepe Montolivo Marchisio De Rossi Marchetti Chiellini Criscito Bochetti Bonucci. (More than half the squad. Antonio Cassano is 27 years old. I'm not sure if that qualifies as a "future for Italy". Ironically, however, Cassano has been playing second man for Pazzini, who has been far more profilic in putting things into net this season for Sampdoria).

What comes to Mario Balotelli, his problem is that he's not had very regular football at Inter. The reason why he's not had regular football in Inter is because he's not only been left out in the cold by Mourinho (who once stated in a press conf that he wants his players to come back from the pitch dead tired and Balotelli didn't look too jaded), but he's been critisized by his fellow team mates, including captain Zanetti. He's not in because he has a bad attitude and he's ill tempered, and might be a liability for this.

Marcelo Lippi I've already mentioned.
Unread 8 Jun 2010, 12:21   #115
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Yeah I meant Sacchi and I know the next coach is decided already. But Sacchi was one of the rumoured ones.

He also said it's a shame Cassano isn't in the squad. As he is a talented striker.

But you can't deny the fact that Italy has little to no young talents atm. I'm not saying all other countries do have that, but some do.

Btw, when asked what Sacchi thinks of Italy and their squad, his reply was (translated to English):

"Italy is a rediculous country"

FA Gaming community

Unread 8 Jun 2010, 12:44   #116
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
He also said it's a shame Cassano isn't in the squad. As he is a talented striker.
Yeah. I guess here's where I agree with Lippi and you agree with Sacchi. I rate four of the five strikers, above Cassano. Cassano never really fulfilled the massive promise he landed with when the big money transfer sent him to Roma a couple of years back.

Quote:
But you can't deny the fact that Italy has little to no young talents atm. I'm not saying all other countries do have that, but some do.
Yeah, Italy's dry of hot shot generation. But there's no reason to exaggerate the age of the team: the average would probably be below 30. But World Cups aren't about building teams for the future (see: England 2006 and the Theo Walcott story), but about winning with what you currently have.

Quote:
"Italy is a rediculous country"
Arrigo Sacchi is definitely the man to say this, though, considering he coached Italy through a dry spell in an era where they had the Ponytail Baggio generation (Ancelotti, Baggio, Donadoni, Baresi, Maldini, Costacurta, Albertini, Casiraghi, Signori, et cetera) with a runner up and a third spot. I can agree it's a ridiculous country, but one of the most succesfull footballing countries for that.
Unread 8 Jun 2010, 12:51   #117
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Well, it are his words, not mine

FA Gaming community

Unread 8 Jun 2010, 17:13   #118
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

England get to the quarter finals.
England knocked out of the quarter finals.
England fans feel they've been hard done by and should of won it this time!
Everyone else simply thinks that a rank 8 side getting to the quarter finals and not the semi's is what should of happend and what the rankings thought would happen.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2010, 19:15   #119
Scott

Scott is a jewel in the roughScott is a jewel in the roughScott is a jewel in the rough

Women... sigh....
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2010, 09:57   #120
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
Women... sigh....
Nothing wrong with women with a sence of humor tbh.

FA Gaming community

Unread 9 Jun 2010, 10:48   #121
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Whats supposed to be humourous there? Sounds pretty likely to me.
Unread 9 Jun 2010, 11:04   #122
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
Whats supposed to be humourous there? Sounds pretty likely to me.
Indeed, the humour lies in the fact that the UK think they should win the WC

FA Gaming community

Unread 9 Jun 2010, 11:11   #123
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Well, british people are stupid
Unread 10 Jun 2010, 13:44   #124
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I haven't seen or heard many England fans thinking we should win the world cup. (and the scottish and welsh will be a bit pissed off that you're banding them with us)

We could win, but it's not very likely seeing as there are much better teams in the tournament.

I'll be disappointed if we do worse than making the Quarter finals and putting on a good game there.
After all, we'll probably play France in the last 8, and we are as good a team as they are.

Losing in the Semi's would be expected, but there's always the possibility of fluking through to the final, and once there anything could happen.

Anyway JOIN THE PREDICTION LEAGUE OVER AT FOXYSTOAT!!!
Previous ones have had a LOAD of entries from people over here.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2010, 13:58   #125
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

There are basically no English papers or pundits predicting England to win the world cup.
Unread 10 Jun 2010, 14:03   #126
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
There are basically no English papers or pundits predicting England to win the world cup.
Nor are there any predicting Belgium to win a WC.

Ohh no wait, some Brittish paper said we'll be a real contestor in 2018 as we appear to have a golden generation (we still lose nearly all our matches but ok).

FA Gaming community

Unread 10 Jun 2010, 14:32   #127
Antoninus Pius

Antoninus Pius is a name known to allAntoninus Pius is a name known to allAntoninus Pius is a name known to allAntoninus Pius is a name known to allAntoninus Pius is a name known to allAntoninus Pius is a name known to all

I think he's saying that because the papers tells us we won't win, we don't believe we will.

I could be wrong though. I usually am.

HOWAY THE LADS (none the less).
Antoninus Pius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2010, 07:42   #128
Tietäjä
Good Son

I've managed to miss the prediction leagues being a bit busy with this and that and not logging in to pick up the remains (I'll make it in four years). Since I'm not arsed to spam the existing threads with this drivel, I figured it'd be nice to exchange thoughts on the games in terms of what's happened.

I think Germany and Ghana were the positives of the weekend. Germany was outright devastating and Özil despite his acrobatic dive (god I hate play acting) is really clever as many expected. They seemed to gel as a team better than most so far. France was hugely disappointing, and the game really reminded me of the Barcelona against Inter games in ECL; Uruguay caving in and striking on the break and France just failing to find any attacking options to break through. Apart from maybe one or two clever Gourcoff freekicks.

Ghana was really solid too, I'm somewhat fond of the strong physical, fast African teams. They, I think, overtook Nigeria (who, despite the loss to Argentina, still remain my favourites to be the 2nd placed in that group and possibly make it to top 16) as my African favourites of the tourney. With Muntari and Appiah on the bench for failing to turn off the kindergarden mood? Speaking of which, Argentina's going to be in real trouble the moment they meet a team with one or two good wingers. There's no way those flanks will hold.

Looking forward to Italy starting their cup today. Who else is surprised by Ledley Glassking going groin before half-time? Also, I'm a fanboy, but I reckon Rooney's performance was underrated due to certain people failing to convert the opportunities he created into goals. Was it me or did it feel like Rooney was constantly coming really deep to get the ball, like, playing more as an attacking midfielder or inside forward than a striker? What is this?

Also, what is this Foxystoat and why is it so spammy with the images and all?
Unread 14 Jun 2010, 09:24   #129
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

I was abit dissapointed with Argentina. Higuain had 2-3 near goals and if he's in form he would have scored them. Same with Messi, who had a good match but nowhere near his awesome play. If he was on form, he'd have scored atleast 1-2 of his chances. Allthough I have to say the keeper of Nigeria was outstanding.

Germany was indeed quite impressive, eventhough Australia was terrible. England was dissapointed. With their line-up, there is no excuse for their result really.

Looking forward what the Netherlands will do against Danmark this afternoon.

FA Gaming community

Unread 14 Jun 2010, 14:54   #130
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
As promised, here's why you're an idiot KJ:

You call Portugal a contender because they have one world class player who has scored 0 goals in Portugal's whole qualifying campaign. Then you write Brazil off due to lack of individual talent despite them having a player of Kaka's quality, who may not be quite as good as Ronaldo but performs MILES better than him for his international team (Brazil works around Kaka).

Ronaldo has had a good season for his club, yes. He also had a very good season for his club in 08/09, but has been shit for Portugal throughout qualifying (which spanned over both seasons).
Kaka has had 2 fairly muted seasons for his clubs but has still been outstanding for Brazil (winning the golden ball in last year's confederations cup).

A player having had a good season with their club doesn't mean that they'll be good for their national team. It's a team game and whilst individual talent does help, a good player who does not click with his team/their style of play isn't going to do much - remember Ronaldinho in 06?

Please get this into your tiny little head and stop posting.

Edit: this isn't even taking into account the rest of the "individual talent" in both teams, which Brazil easily trump Portugal in.
Unread 14 Jun 2010, 15:41   #131
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
You call Portugal a contender because they have one world class player who has scored 0 goals in Portugal's whole qualifying campaign.
Have you actually watched Portugal play in qualifications? Without him Portugal isn't the same. The fact that Cristiano Ronaldo plays in a very different role for his national team doesn't mean he'd be garbage: he's still by far the most important player in the team.
Unread 14 Jun 2010, 23:17   #132
Tietäjä
Good Son

Torrid.

Di Natale on bench.

Thank it for De Rossi though.
Unread 15 Jun 2010, 09:11   #133
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
As promised, here's why you're an idiot KJ:

You call Portugal a contender because they have one world class player who has scored 0 goals in Portugal's whole qualifying campaign. Then you write Brazil off due to lack of individual talent despite them having a player of Kaka's quality, who may not be quite as good as Ronaldo but performs MILES better than him for his international team (Brazil works around Kaka).

Ronaldo has had a good season for his club, yes. He also had a very good season for his club in 08/09, but has been shit for Portugal throughout qualifying (which spanned over both seasons).
Kaka has had 2 fairly muted seasons for his clubs but has still been outstanding for Brazil (winning the golden ball in last year's confederations cup).

A player having had a good season with their club doesn't mean that they'll be good for their national team. It's a team game and whilst individual talent does help, a good player who does not click with his team/their style of play isn't going to do much - remember Ronaldinho in 06?

Please get this into your tiny little head and stop posting.

Edit: this isn't even taking into account the rest of the "individual talent" in both teams, which Brazil easily trump Portugal in.
So I'm an idiot because I have a different opinion? What, are you a kid or something??? God you're pathetic.

Brazil got most of its team built around Kaka, as you stated. they have no backup plan. Kaka played a very louzy season and was injured most of the time after the confederations cup. He played like what ... 3 perhaps 4 matches since his injury ...

Also, Portugal with or without Ronaldo is a completely different team. He has such an impact on his team.

Anyway, I do hope Brazil does well and Kaka has an awesome tournament. I just don't see them winning the WC, that's just my OPINION (you understand that word, right?).

FA Gaming community

Unread 15 Jun 2010, 09:12   #134
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä View Post
Torrid.

Di Natale on bench.

Thank it for De Rossi though.
I predicted a 1-1.

Didn't see Cameroon losing against Japan tbh, but they were extremely poor and Eto'o had like what ... 1 chance alltogether?

FA Gaming community

Unread 15 Jun 2010, 15:08   #135
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
Have you actually watched Portugal play in qualifications? Without him Portugal isn't the same. The fact that Cristiano Ronaldo plays in a very different role for his national team doesn't mean he'd be garbage: he's still by far the most important player in the team.
Right, but even with him being so important to them they've struggled to qualify.
My whole point was that it's silly to say that Portugal could win on the back of this one player whilst at the same time writing Brazil off due to lack of individual talent, even though Brazil's "individually talented" players have performed better for their national team than he has.

I've given up with responding to KJ as most people have realised that he's an absolute clown by now.
Unread 15 Jun 2010, 16:51   #136
_Kila_
break it down!

see?
Unread 15 Jun 2010, 18:40   #137
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

1. G E R M A N Y
who cares?

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2010, 08:58   #138
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
see?
See what? The fact that Ronaldo played a GOOD game (his shot against the post was amazing) while Kaka wasn't all that convincing today? Or are you going to claim Brazil actually played a good match?

FA Gaming community

Unread 16 Jun 2010, 08:59   #139
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Right, but even with him being so important to them they've struggled to qualify.
My whole point was that it's silly to say that Portugal could win on the back of this one player whilst at the same time writing Brazil off due to lack of individual talent, even though Brazil's "individually talented" players have performed better for their national team than he has.

I've given up with responding to KJ as most people have realised that he's an absolute clown by now.
Yeah, I'm the clown who insults people on an internet forum (I bet that makes me feel cool and mature) just because they do not agree with your opinion.

Ohh wait no, that is YOU who's doing this.

Silly me.

FA Gaming community

Unread 16 Jun 2010, 09:21   #140
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Or are you going to claim Brazil actually played a good match?
They were just somewhat sloppy. I'm happy though that Maicon's adapting to his right forward role (see him cut inside and net in between the keeper and the front post). Robinho was surprisingly lively too, I expected more slack. Portugal and Ivory Coast were both playing the "can't drop a loss on the first round" -game so many seem to be playing this year grinding draws.
Unread 16 Jun 2010, 09:40   #141
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
They were just somewhat sloppy. I'm happy though that Maicon's adapting to his right forward role (see him cut inside and net in between the keeper and the front post). Robinho was surprisingly lively too, I expected more slack. Portugal and Ivory Coast were both playing the "can't drop a loss on the first round" -game so many seem to be playing this year grinding draws.
Very true. Maicon was good and his goal was nice (though I'm not sure that was his intention). And Robinho's pass to Elano was brilliant. But Brazil wasn't convincing at all though. Their defence, which is so praised for being so good wasn't all that secure yesterday.

Both Portugal as Ivory Coast indeed played for not losing their match. Whoever lost that match would have been out of the race for 16th finals. Portugal was better the first half, with Ronaldo playing a good game. 2nd half, Ivory Coast got some shots on goal (with Drogba missing a great one at the end). Honnestly I predicted a draw between Portugal and Ivory Coast, just with abit more goals

I'm looking forward to next Friday, when Brazil plays Portugal in their final game of the groupstage. Took half a day off to see that game, hope it's worth it.

FA Gaming community

Unread 16 Jun 2010, 12:50   #142
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Ronaldo playing a good game
Kila would probably say 'rubbish' because he didn't score goals but hey, man of the match award.
Unread 16 Jun 2010, 12:59   #143
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Kila would probably say 'rubbish' because he didn't score goals but hey, man of the match award.
He'd probably use more insults then just rubbish. After all, god forbids people who don't agree with him!

FA Gaming community

Unread 16 Jun 2010, 14:52   #144
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
See what? The fact that Ronaldo played a GOOD game (his shot against the post was amazing) while Kaka wasn't all that convincing today? Or are you going to claim Brazil actually played a good match?
He played well but Portugal were still unconvincing. My whole point was that it was stupid to claim that Portugal have a chance of winning on the back of his individual performance because even when he plays well (as per yesterday) they just aren't good enough. And then at the same time you write off Brazil who do actually have individual talent (yes, Kaka may not have performed but Robinho and Maicon stepped up and others like Michel Bastos, Nilmar and Elano showed promise), individual talent which actually does produce results.

And judging by yesterday's performances, whilst neither were amazing, Brazil definitely had more semblance of a world cup winning squad than Portugal.
Unread 16 Jun 2010, 14:54   #145
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
Yeah, I'm the clown who insults people on an internet forum (I bet that makes me feel cool and mature) just because they do not agree with your opinion.

Ohh wait no, that is YOU who's doing this.

Silly me.
You're the one who seems to cry every time I disagree with you and then spreads loads of rep around just so you can abuse me with it, yet I'm the immature one
Unread 16 Jun 2010, 15:44   #146
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Nilmar showed promise
Heh. In the twelve odd minutes he played he did what, fired one ten feet over the goal?
Unread 16 Jun 2010, 16:09   #147
Tietäjä
Good Son

So, who else thinks Spain is sorely missing Fernando Torres? Not the most lethal performance so far by the world champions to be.
Unread 16 Jun 2010, 18:11   #148
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
Heh. In the twelve odd minutes he played he did what, fired one ten feet over the goal?
The shot that missed the goal wasn't terrible, but his turn + shot inside the area whilst under immense pressure was very good considering the circumstances (unfortunately straight at the keeper) and given more play time I can see him making an impact.
Unread 17 Jun 2010, 09:28   #149
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
You're the one who seems to cry every time I disagree with you and then spreads loads of rep around just so you can abuse me with it, yet I'm the immature one
Let's not lie shall we? You're the one that STARTED with the neg rep. I neg repped you twice back. That's about it. While you on the other hand gave me 3 times neg rep in the past week. So who's the one spreading random rep around just to neg rep me?

Also, You're the one starting to call me an idiot for not seeing things your way. Read my posts, at no point did I start insulting you for having a different opinion.

You're not only pathetic and immature, you're also lying here (and it's easy to expose your lies, if you want I will no problem).

FA Gaming community

Unread 17 Jun 2010, 09:30   #150
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
So, who else thinks Spain is sorely missing Fernando Torres? Not the most lethal performance so far by the world champions to be.
That match proved that the best team doesn't always win the match. Spain was alot better, played good football but wasn't dangerous enough. The other team scored using their first chance really.

Spain will beat Honduras and then against Chili, they need to win, no alternative.

FA Gaming community