User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 24 Mar 2014, 22:58   #1
Prover

Prover is infamous around these partsProver is infamous around these partsProver is infamous around these partsProver is infamous around these partsProver is infamous around these parts
The Heavens and Spacetime

Among other topics filed with asteroids, natural disasters, extraterrestrial planet life, and supernovae.

Quote:

The fundamental particles so produced would soon combine to form stable hydrogen and everything heavier than hydrogen would be formed in stars by thermonuclear fusion as is readily observed.

The continuous conversion of mass into energy and energy into mass means that the universe did not have to have a beginning...

The universe apparently began with the creation of LIGHT and all matter was derived from the initial light energy.

All matter is and was created by the decay of light. One may postulate a 'big flash', but whether it was local or universal (or if it was something other) is not yet known.

Since the energy/mass equation (E=MCC) works both ways and photons decay by giving off quantum amounts of energy in the form of Matter (quarks), the law of entropy is hereby made null and void.

Now if some enterprising physicist or quantum mechanics expert would show that the quanta of light that result in the quantized red shift have the same energy level as known quarks-

the quantum energies given up by photons is equal to the energy of the Quarks

-the theory would be essentially proven that light is the origin of all matter and would make the expert famous (and hated by all traditional astronomers).

Matter is turned into energy in stars and the energy decays back into new matter in space.

The universe is therefore eternal and infinite.

Another idea he espoused was how our genes can break off (telomeres) and it was possible in ancient biblical times for people to have lived upwards a thousand years. I looked it up and according to the genetics lab at University of Utah there is an estimate people could live 1,000 years "if all processes of aging could be eliminated and oxidative stress damage could be repaired."

P.S. This thread might also be used to discuss anything from the latest on Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey to the atomic principle.

Last edited by Prover; 5 Feb 2017 at 23:07.
Prover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2014, 22:59   #2
Prover

Prover is infamous around these partsProver is infamous around these partsProver is infamous around these partsProver is infamous around these partsProver is infamous around these parts
Re: The Heavens and Spacetime

spaceman99 of Gametalk

I will share with the Planetarion world a story about the original Gametalk spirituality forum and its friend spaceman99 who was a Mormon and happened to also be a NASA scientist. Funny, I had to make sure in my thinking that he was also an American.

Perhaps others may find it inspiring how this man believed as part of his Mormonism that he would be reunited with his deceased family on another planet someday. He gave witness not only to Christian truths but esoteric phenomenon such as are ghostlike.

Of course the hope many have of their lost family and religious community is to be with each other again, while believing they are with them already in spirit. The esteemed 'anonymous' elder saw in both his religion and his fieldwork more than enough reasons to know this was a simple reality.

For me it was personal because he challenged my interpretation of the creation account in Genesis and opened my eyes to a deeper understanding. I grew interested to read the Bible with a scientific lens and critique in light of these new details I was learning what I had been misinformed or uninformed about.

As others would say he never pressed to share his faith unless the person was interested in what he was saying and wanted to learn more. I don't know how many people were led to accept the same faithful practices because of him, but the forum and its off shoots used to have many post in a similar tradition.

Psalm 105
Unread 25 Mar 2014, 11:33   #3
TheoDD
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about

Way beyond my beliefs of facts of life.
How you and some others come to the conclusion that this is facts, i find utterly weird. Sounds more like brainwashed imagination, with some science that is completely irrelevant for the religious topic.
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2014, 18:00   #4
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You have just failed the Turing test.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2014, 18:50   #5
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Reading the artical, there are alot of things to take from the book of genesis.

My favourite is genesis 47

http://adask.wordpress.com/2010/11/2...ory-%E2%80%9D/

This artical gives insight to the first grain tax.
It also explains how desperate things get when the money supply is restricted selling your tools and livestock that needed to earn a living just to cover the short term need for food.

Coming back to genesis 1 and 2. the Jews observe the sabbath as a result of God resting on the seventh Day. Its one of the reason why the Jews are God's chosen people.

See Genesis 12-15 about God Confirms the Covenant with Abram and with his seed (the Jews)

What does excite me about the bible is the Future.
The bible is the only way to know the future.
Reading about the prophets Daniel, Ezekiel, Jeremiah etc and the book of revelation give insight to what is is going to happen. Question is ... will it be in our own lifetime.

Last edited by Paisley; 25 Mar 2014 at 19:12.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2014, 19:20   #6
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Spinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant future

That original post is so full of errors, it's not even amusing.

"It has been conclusively proven that the big bang theory is wrong"
Eh, no. You are supposed to be working at NASA ffs....

"Darwin was merely a man who observed certain conditions and facts and drew a somewhat incorrect conclusion as to how they came about. "
And we're supposed to take your word for it?

"God created the solar system and man through natural processes."
And you reached this conclusion...how?

"NASA has stated the position that the earth and man were created from dust. That dust, however, is stardust in which the elements were created from hydrogen by thermonuclear fusion in ancient stars. NASA has no official position on who designed this magnificent system. "
Why would they? They are not seeing any evidence, or claiming that anyone did!

"The big bang and the expanding universe are apparently dead "
Eh, no. Where did you say you were working again??

"Firstly, the universe is not expanding. We have known for decades that the assumption on which the big bang and expanding universe is based is incorrect. "
Eh, no. Just this month we have found even more evidence for what you call "incorrect".

"This leads to a new model where the universe began as light and all matter evolved from light. "
Err, no. 1+1=2, not whatever you want it to be.

"The fact that many galaxies are colliding or have collided, (like the cartwheel nebula) shows that things are NOT universally getting further apart. There is another galaxy colliding with ours at this time. "
Eh, no. This has to do with the forces of gravity working between the galaxies, pulling them closer until they collide if they started out close enough.
And no, our galaxy is not colliding with anything atm, but we will collide with Andromeda in a few billion years. I doubt I will be here to see it though.

"The intelligent design of the universe is not a 'guess'."
No, it's a statement which can't be backed up by evidence.

"There is exactly ONE religion which is most nearly correct. The problem is to find it."
Riiight...Here we go...Stating it does not make it true.

"On the earth, the first living soul was Adam (in the translation of ancient Egyptian scriptures it is 'Atum'). This refers to the first 'man'. Previous humans without a soul may have been created, but it is likely that when the creation of the first Homo sapiens was complete, it was given a soul and became Adam."
Oh come one, give me a break.

Have your faith.
Know your science.
They have nothing in common and should not be mixed.

Peace and Love from an atheist.
Unread 25 Mar 2014, 19:42   #7
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Spinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prover View Post
Among other topics filed with asteroids, natural disasters, extraterrestrial planet life, and supernovae.

Another idea he espoused was how our genes can break off (telomeres) and it was possible in ancient biblical times for people to have lived upwards a thousand years. I looked it up and according to the genetics lab at University of Utah there is an estimate people could live 1,000 years "if all processes of aging could be eliminated and oxidative stress damage could be repaired."
Be careful when quoting such lines when it comes to context though.
The STUDY they did at the university did not reach any such conclusion.
"1000 years" was one of several OPINIONS (not backed up by fact or findings).
Unread 27 Mar 2014, 01:30   #8
Prover

Thanks, I don't have much explanation.

Quote:
The Big Bang did not occur at a single point in space as an "explosion." It is better thought of as the simultaneous appearance of space everywhere in the universe.
Called "inflation," the theory says that the universe underwent a dramatic early period of expansion, growing by more than a trillion trillion-fold in less than a trillionth of a trillionth of a second. (From NASA/WMAP Science Team)
At the very least he is right because the theory was mislabeled. His ideas could still prove useful to future endeavors.

I remember he worked for the jet propulsion lab and worked on unmanned vehicles. He was a hierarch in the Church of Latter-Day Saints (its formal name).
Unread 27 Mar 2014, 08:30   #9
TheoDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prover View Post
Thanks, I don't have much explanation.

At the very least he is right because the theory was mislabeled. His ideas could still prove useful to future endeavors.

I remember he worked for the jet propulsion lab and worked on unmanned vehicles. He was a hierarch in the Church of Latter-Day Saints (its formal name).
How is this relevant? And how does this support your first post?
Would love to see your explanation with logic, probably not easy...
Unread 27 Mar 2014, 16:25   #10
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
That original post is so full of errors, it's not even amusing.

Have your faith.
Know your science.
They have nothing in common and should not be mixed.

Peace and Love from an atheist.
brilliant response.
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2014, 16:48   #11
Jibajav

Jibajav is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley
What does excite me about the bible is the Future.
The bible is the only way to know the future.
Reading about the prophets Daniel, Ezekiel, Jeremiah etc and the book of revelation give insight to what is is going to happen. Question is ... will it be in our own lifetime.
It very well could be! The Bible is the only source that has proven itself 100% accurate, so why not the prophecy yet future? Things are certainly shaping up for the Gog - Magog battle with Russia and the Middle East as recorded in Ezekiel 38 and 39 for instance. Regardless of whether we will see those things, the most important thing from the Bible is to understand that God wants a relationship with us and it is only possible through Jesus Christ. We're all sinners and need that saving grace shown by God through Jesus Christ on the cross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prover
Perhaps others may find it inspiring how this man believed as part of his Mormonism that he would be reunited with his deceased family on another planet someday.
Jesus promises that those who believe and trust in Him will be with him one day (John 14:1-4). As Christ followers (denomination doesn't matter), our hope in Jesus gives us the assurance to be reunited with other loved ones who believed in Jesus.
Unread 28 Mar 2014, 18:11   #12
TheoDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibajav View Post
It very well could be! The Bible is the only source that has proven itself 100% accurate, so why not the prophecy yet future? Things are certainly shaping up for the Gog - Magog battle with Russia and the Middle East as recorded in Ezekiel 38 and 39 for instance. Regardless of whether we will see those things, the most important thing from the Bible is to understand that God wants a relationship with us and it is only possible through Jesus Christ. We're all sinners and need that saving grace shown by God through Jesus Christ on the cross.

Jesus promises that those who believe and trust in Him will be with him one day (John 14:1-4). As Christ followers (denomination doesn't matter), our hope in Jesus gives us the assurance to be reunited with other loved ones who believed in Jesus.
Who has proven the bible 100% accurate? Oh did i read this right? Did it prove itself it is? How did it do this?
Unread 28 Mar 2014, 20:11   #13
Jibajav

Jibajav is an unknown quantity at this point

First, I hope you would open your mind to what I'm saying and not just look for a chance to debate.

The Bible is "God-breathed" meaning it was written through people by the Holy Spirit (2 Tim 3:16). Jesus Himself promised that His words "shall never pass away" (Matthew 24:35). The Bible has outlasted many governments that sought to ban or destroy it. Scholars, intellectuals and even theologians have pored over every verse, seeking a way to disprove its divine inspiration, only to come up empty.

As to your other question, I would first encourage you to examine the scriptures, but here are a few examples to get you started:

1. The Messiah would be born in Bethlehem - O.T. (Mic. 5:2) - N.T. (Mat. 2:1)
2. The Messiah would be born of a virgin - O.T. (Isa. 7:14) - N.T. (Mat 1:18-23)
3. The Messiah would be a descendant of David - O.T. (Jer. 23:5) - N.T. (Rev. 22:16)
4. Herod would attempt to murder the Messiah - O.T. (Jer. 31:15) - N.T. (Mat. 2:16-18)
5. The Messiah would be betrayed by a friend - O.T. ( Psalm 41:9) - N.T. (John 13:18)
6. The Messiah would be sold for 30 silver coins - O.T. (Zec. 11:12) - N.T. (Mat. 26:15)
7. The Messiah would be crucified - O.T. (Zec. 12:10) - N.T. (John 19:16-18, 37)
8. Lots would be cast for His clothes - O.T. (Psalm 22:18) - N.T. (Mat. 27:35)
Unread 29 Mar 2014, 01:33   #14
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

So your evidence "proving" that the bible is accurate comes from (..... wait for it........) the bible?
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2014, 07:35   #15
Prover

There are certain assumptions we make in science based on cumulative findings. Biblical archeology has made it possible to recognize the validly of scriptures.
The writings are believed to be inspired in their original translation, which means they need to be read and interpreted under the guidance of the Holy Spirit (whose assurance has been given to the Church in its ecumenical councils and synthesis).
Unread 29 Mar 2014, 21:21   #16
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

That's hilarious - you should be on the stage.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2014, 11:54   #17
DarkHeart

DarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really nice

Of course the bible has outlasted governments.

Human stupidity is infinite.
DarkHeart is offline   Reply With Quote