User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 22 Jan 2006, 22:29   #51
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [Football] Tottonhem Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
As far as I'm aware, the Heysel disaster had little to do with terraces vs seats.
It wouldn't have happened if it was all seater.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2006, 23:39   #52
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
No, but it still makes your argument factually incorrect. You suggested that we had seating because it makes things more difficult for troublemakers, and this isn't true.
False dichotomy, and you're also trivialising the Hillsborough disaster.[/quote]

The facts are there are football fans you can't trust with standing areas, simply because quite a few pricks go to football matches, and the fact that there is rivalry involved makes it far more dangerous than any concert crowd. That's why in my opinion, standing areas will never return in any shape or form and probably shouldn't.

It's obvious why seating makes it easier to pick out troublemakers, simply because stewards/police can see where you're seated and pick you out - you aren't just standing in a mass of bodies and able to move without getting spotted. On top of this it's easier to record exactly who was seated where, inside the ground. This is why (and I think it's a good thing) that trouble has generally moved to outside the grounds between people who want trouble - it means people can actually go to football games without any problem. It's simply much easier to manage a crowd this way, especially when you consider that there are quite a number of fans who come to football pretty shitfaced to start with.

All-seating eliminates many problems within football grounds in general, and although it's less convenient for fans who want to get behind their team, I think it's better that we all put up with it simply because there are pricks who can **** it all up much worse without all seater. Even where there are areas of grounds where fans DO stand up anyway, it at least positions people in a set format of straight lines where anyone being a dick stands out like a sore thumb and can be taken out of the ground almost immediately cos you can't move through the crowd as each fan has been allocated a seat.

All I'd say is that if you know your club, you know where to be best positioned to have a family day out or to get behind your team proper.

People have claimed that grounds are quieter because of seating, and I don't think it's true. It's simply because since the premier league became awash with money, clubs have been forced to attract more fans and as a result, there are people who care less. There's probably quite a number of people who go to football matches just for the entertainment rather than to support anyone in particular - plenty of fans at scum won't renew simply because they were there for the premiership football, rather than anything else.

And as they have more money than the fans of old, clubs will continue to price out the fans that do happen to care, hence the atmosphere will get worse and worse. As long as people turn up, clubs are happy to hold their fans to ransom - a fantastic example is our cup tie with liverpool, where the club is charging £35 for a cup tie with Liverpool which will be televised on BBC on a sunday night. If there was one way to turn more die-hard supporters away, charging £35 was the best way to go about it. Birmingham are another club with a fantastic reputation for ripping off home and away fans.

The stupid thing is that the same people who advocate standing are the same people who put up with football clubs taking them for a ride week in week out, yet blatantly miss where the real problems lie. I absolutely despise that gutwrenching feeling at the ticket office when i hand over that excessive amount of cash for a football ticket. Some people have decided it's better to just walk away and not bother. I'd rather there was a mass campaign against ticket prices rather than against something as trivial as standing.
Unread 22 Jan 2006, 23:48   #53
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Can I just say, fulham are a shining example of how football should be in the future, a neutrals section it cracked me up when I went down there. Its a great idea and lets people sit and watch the match then you have the away end, home end hardcore and normal home end.
Unread 22 Jan 2006, 23:56   #54
Opi
Ensign

Opi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to all

I think having some teraces in stadiums is a pretty good option for separating the more active fans and the families/one-timers/etc.. I am not too worried about troublemakers, since there seems to be generally less trouble than some years ago. And for international competitions there is the possibility to equip the stadium with removable seats, like some german clubs do.

I prefer to stand during a match, has the added bonus of being cheaper.
Opi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2006, 13:10   #55
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I normally sit front row (Clock End or North Bank). Better view plus I can sit down. I'd get tired standing up through-out the whole 90 mins. (I'm with the all-seater bandwagon)

If some fans wants to stand up then it's really their choice. Why eject them god knows?

P.S. The Camp Nuo is something great if midge5 went there. He can sit down anywhere at the top and still get a great view even if there was a 6ft 6 bloke sitting in front of him.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2006, 13:22   #56
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Why the **** are you lads planning games like it is some kind of military operation?

Me and Koen have visitted some Twente games (and when hockey allows it I'll be visitting more of them, that, and them not playing like shit in a bucket) and I've never had any trouble nor would you get in any if you just behave. But me and him being over 185 cm (him 188 i think, me 193) also helps a bit.

And standing is obligatory almost, except, as lokken said, it is a midfield shitfest.
Unread 23 Jan 2006, 13:23   #57
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

Just to lighten the mood a bit is it just me or is Claudio Reina and Rafa Benitez's relationship look more like father and son than player and manager? They do look very similar....

http://www.news24.com/Images/Photos/...2rafa_pepe.jpg
Unread 23 Jan 2006, 17:45   #58
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligFree
Just to lighten the mood a bit is it just me or is Claudio Reina and Rafa Benitez's relationship look more like father and son than player and manager? They do look very similar....

http://www.news24.com/Images/Photos/...2rafa_pepe.jpg
Claudio Reina, American midfielder, isn't Jose "Pepe" Reina, Spanish goalkeeper.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2006, 20:34   #59
SeanG
Wick

SeanG is a jewel in the roughSeanG is a jewel in the roughSeanG is a jewel in the rough

Theam, there is more football related violence in England than in Holland in general I believe. There its more important to plan how to get to/from the stadium and where to avoid.

<Desse> I am trying to breed a new superpod by leaving Unipods and Megapods alone in the same room with dim lights and Barry white on the cd player
SeanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2006, 23:21   #60
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanG
Theam, there is more football related violence in England than in Holland in general I believe. There its more important to plan how to get to/from the stadium and where to avoid.
i doubt that tbh.

it's for a reason we have a 'canal' and high fences in most stadiums here, for example (while in England you only have to jump over the boarding to reach the pitch).

Last edited by KoeN; 23 Jan 2006 at 23:29.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2006, 23:26   #61
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

your hooligans have no class, at least ours avoid the police. Also the dutch v english in a fight im sure the english would win.
Unread 23 Jan 2006, 23:31   #62
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
your hooligans have no class, at least ours avoid the police. Also the dutch v english in a fight im sure the english would win.
in contrary to the English, Dutch hooligans don't give a shit about their country.

(and this all isn't something to be proud of tbh, i'm glad we don't have those lunatics at the national team).
Unread 23 Jan 2006, 23:32   #63
pig
1up on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
in contrary to the English, Dutch clubfans don't give a shit about their country.

(and this all isn't something to be proud of tbh, i'm glad we don't have those lunatics at the national team).
when were dutch fans banned from europe

1-0 to english hooligans

although they were scousers

and nothing to be proud of

and whats wrong with being proud about the national

and fighting is not big and not clever
Unread 23 Jan 2006, 23:46   #64
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
when were dutch fans banned from europe

1-0 to english hooligans

although they were scousers

and nothing to be proud of

and whats wrong with being proud about the national

and fighting is not big and not clever

i think Feyenoord fans were banned somewhere in 2002/2003. Dutch fans on the other side never ever fight. they just party, in their own retarded way.
here the national team is kind of a family-affair, not something to fight over.
Unread 23 Jan 2006, 23:52   #65
pig
1up on you

thats the way it should be although the good thing about english hoolignaism is that its left the terraces and is organised, without fans being involved, although i remember when qpr came to villa this season ;/ a steward died and there were no police around