User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 13 Jul 2007, 16:15   #51
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Movie Review - Transformers

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
WRONG!

YOU'RE WRONG!

Congratulations you have just wandered into 'defending bad movies with nonsensical tags'* territory. It has become a staple of the modern cinematic age to defend bad movies with a throwaway comment like 'it's an action movie' or 'it's a chick flick'. the idea that it is impossible to make a good movie in one of these genres or that because theycan be easily stereotyped you can just shovel any old shit on to that silver screen and not complain is an appalling attitude.

When I go to watch a movie I expect it to be good. What I do not expect to see is bad acting of a bad script badly directed covered up with something shiny.

terminator 1+2 are an action movies and are great films at the same time.
terminator 3 is an action movie and is really bad at the same time.

to deride an entire of genre because you** like bad movies is frankly insulting.

*yes, it needs a better name, all suggestions will be welcomed
**the collective you, not you personally
tbh i think all terminator movies had terrible acting / plot in it and relied more on a shiny fx terminator.
Why you are using 1 & 2 as an example of a good action movie is beyond me...
But i do agree that 3 was ALOT worse than 1 & 2.

on topic: I have not yet seen Transformers but can't wait to do it. We only get it here around 27 july (goddamn the french who have to make a stupid dubbed version of it first).
I agree with travler that when i do go out to see it it'll be for entertainment and to see giant transforming robots and NOT to see "a good film" with a super plot and the best acting ever.
I mean cmon, it has transforming robots in it, how good can the plot be?

Btw: people saying that the movie can never be as good as the cartoons should really download some of the cartoons.
They're great in memory caus you watched them as a kid, but when you watch them now they'll totally suck (i know, got the first 2 seasons on my hd...)

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2007, 08:28   #52
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
tbh i think all terminator movies had terrible acting / plot in it and relied more on a shiny fx terminator.
Why you are using 1 & 2 as an example of a good action movie is beyond me...
Then you've already lost the argument.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2007, 10:41   #53
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
Now, saying the plots are generic I'll give you (I don't accept terrible), but Linda Hamilton's performance in T2 is absolutely superb. Look to the most recent Doctor Who episode, The Last of the Time Lords, for someone trying to do intensity and failing, not T2.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2007, 16:05   #54
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

The best thing about transformers toys was when u combined them all to create the mega robots etc but afaik this never happened in the film so i was dissapointed. But hey the piece off ass was nice, almost the best young thing id seen since that hot southern chic in Shooter
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2007, 17:38   #55
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa
The best thing about transformers toys was when u combined them all to create the mega robots etc but afaik this never happened in the film so i was dissapointed.
That was only a few of them, it wasn't an overall feature. Usually it was a group with a similar theme, like the constructicons (retarded names ahoy) who were construction vehicles, but that didn't mean that all groups with themes could be combined, and it didn't mean that all large robots were the product of a group.
Unread 29 Jul 2007, 12:23   #56
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

I saw Transformers last weekend.

The main reason to see it is to see the robots you remember from your childhood come to life in amazing CGI. Other than that the film doesn't really have any attraction. The plot is forgettable and the acting is pretty atrocious. Overall it's worth seeing but I wouldn't expect much if anything.

I'd like there to be a sequel but what would be good is if someone other than Michael Bay would direct it. Sure, he's made two great movies (Bad Boys and The Rock) but the chance of him making another good movie any time soon seems pretty slim.

Also, the guy in the movie, the one who buys Bumblebee, he really pissed me off. I can't pinpoint exactly why, I just really didn't like him. The bird's fit though so that's OK.
Unread 29 Jul 2007, 14:40   #57
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
Sure, he's made two great movies (Bad Boys and The Rock)
Veni, vidi, lollum.
Unread 29 Jul 2007, 16:19   #58
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
The original 1974 "Gone in 60 Seconds" by H.B. Halicki was this kind of film. I cannot remember an action movie in the last 10 years that would be considered one of the great works of all time.
Well I dont think any action film could really be considered one of the great works of all time but even so theres a big difference between well-crafted action films like Battle Royale/Usual Suspects and wooo robots.

Last edited by Nodrog; 29 Jul 2007 at 16:50.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2007, 17:12   #59
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:

The main reason to see it is to see the robots you remember from your childhood come to life in amazing CGI. Other than that the film doesn't really have any attraction. The plot is forgettable and the acting is pretty atrocious. Overall it's worth seeing but I wouldn't expect much if anything.

I'd like there to be a sequel but what would be good is if someone other than Michael Bay would direct it. Sure, he's made two great movies (Bad Boys and The Rock) but the chance of him making another good movie any time soon seems pretty slim.

Also, the guy in the movie, the one who buys Bumblebee, he really pissed me off. I can't pinpoint exactly why, I just really didn't like him. The bird's fit though so that's OK.
pity bay concentrated on making a film with loads of big bangs in it
very dissapointed in it

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2007, 18:04   #60
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo
pity bay concentrated on making a film with loads of big bangs in it
very dissapointed in it
Is this a joke?
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2007, 18:37   #61
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's Michael Bay's best film so far, in my opinion.

The plot was excessively thin (although I did laugh at the "let's hot-wire the PC and hook it up to the radio to induce sonic pulsing" or whatever they said) but enjoyable.

I'd have preferred a few more 1-on-1 fights as the big fights were a bit confusing with Bay's trademark Parkinson's-filming (shakey cinema means actiony cinema!!) but it was still quite fun. Well worth the £7 I paid for it.
Unread 1 Aug 2007, 13:57   #62
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's channel 4 that does the "top/worst 100" list things.
Unread 2 Aug 2007, 11:26   #63
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

I saw it at the weekend and thought it was pretty good in my opinion. I'd recommend seeing it.
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2007, 10:20   #64
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

The main reason to see it is to see the robots you remember from your childhood come to life in amazing CGI.
Except that they don't have any resemblance with the old ones from your childhood. I mean... Bumblebee a Camaro?! And in robot form the decepticons look like crap. Blackout was ground vehicle if I remember correctly, not a helicopter..?
The whole story is flawed btw. Megatron buried under ice for I don't know how many years. Infact this was Skyfire, a huge plane, who crashed into the ice a long time ago.

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2007, 10:27   #65
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio
Except that they don't have any resemblance with the old ones from your childhood. I mean... Bumblebee a Camaro?! And in robot form the decepticons look like crap. Blackout was ground vehicle if I remember correctly, not a helicopter..?
The whole story is flawed btw. Megatron buried under ice for I don't know how many years. Infact this was Skyfire, a huge plane, who crashed into the ice a long time ago.
I say this as an enormous nerd: Nobody cares.
Unread 4 Aug 2007, 17:18   #66
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yeah seriously Scorpio if those were the biggest flaws in the plot that you could find, then I think you should rewatch it.

I wasn't even aware there WAS a plot until Optimus Prime started monologuing at the end, standing in the sunset, while a horny teenage couple bonked on Bumblebee's bonnet. Then I knew the goodies had won. Somehow.
Unread 4 Aug 2007, 20:51   #67
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

it rocked.
Unread 4 Aug 2007, 23:09   #68
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I thoroughly recommend it.

I'm glad I paid £4 though.

Michael Bay has done better films in my opinion but this was something I actually enjoyed in the cinema.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2007, 23:23   #69
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Prime has a very southing effect on me. It must relate to childhood. But everytime he was around i felt much better.
Unread 4 Aug 2007, 23:29   #70
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Did anyone see that teaser trailer before Transformers started?

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/11808/

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt1060277/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloverfield

Like wtf is that all about man?
Unread 5 Aug 2007, 11:26   #71
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

I watched it last night.
I liked it.
I enjoyed most of it on an ironic level because it was so cliche, so cheesy. I hope the director did it on purpose, either way I enjoyed the irony.

The action wasn't too bad either, it was quite cool.
Unread 6 Aug 2007, 23:50   #72
Blastoderm
________

I watched it the second time last night... for free!
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 00:09   #73
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

The best thing about the transformers movie clearly is Megan Fox.

And jazz dies ... noooo :-(

Also, bumblebee wasn't a volkswagen in the movie, that automatically renders it bad.
Unread 9 Aug 2007, 10:19   #74
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I watched it last night and it's well worth seeing for some pretty visuals. I went expecting entertainment and was entertained. However, I thought this comic strip was an exaggeration when I read it last week. It's not.

I think the only real complaint I had was that a lot of the battle scenes were shot such that you didn't really see what the **** was going on because it was all happening so quickly. Great for conveying the speed and frenzy of the fight, and also for conveying how much of the $147m dollars was spent wrecking a lot of scenes by plastering motion blur over detailed CGI