User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 2 Jul 2009, 00:33   #1
Hum

Hum is an unknown quantity at this point
Keep capped roid until fleet returns

Good evening, my first post here on the forums so please be gentle

I'm proposing this from my position of a middle rank player, active but not within the normal top100 or 200 position.

What is the idea?

Ok very simple. Any roids capped in an attack continue to add to res collected but cannot be capped themselves until the roiding fleet returned home.

What are the benefits?

The major benefit is to reward active behaviours from players not placed in otherwise "protected" or "no-go" gals (i.e those who might be deemed too hard to hit from a lower gal/alliance pov)

The idea is very much to reward the active work of players who for mostly random reasons have been placed into a lower ranked gal (inactives, unwillings or lazy players) but are still active with ally attacks to stay competive with the rest of the universe.

There is nothing more down hearting than having a successful cap from careful planning then to have ur gal multi waved from 1 or 2 alliances with a number of ships (which would be oh so well planned) so u have no option to run.

This idea I hope will allow active, but unlucky players, offset the luck factor by still being able reward their work but not be screwed straight afterwards by an attack planned specicially so they can't defend against themselves.

Possible Changes to idea:

After discussing this with other players it was mentioned that it would be better to keep to the idea but change it so the res increase does not kick in until the roiding fleet reaches home. From a "realistic" point of view this does make sense, but consider that capped roids reach home instantly under the current system anyway. For plausibility sake let us say the res is collected on route and "beemed" home, i would consider that equally valid to the current system.
However I still think its better to allow the resources to be collected instantly, keeping to the original system. This allows for a better instant return on aggressive behaviours.

Closing comment:

I would just like active and attack behaviours be rewarded more for lower ranked players, this idea hopefully will allow this.

Thank you for reading and i look forward to ur comments

edit : grammer

Last edited by Hum; 2 Jul 2009 at 00:44.
Hum is offline   Reply With Quote