User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 1 Sep 2006, 13:10   #1
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
[Football] I am alughing so hard, this is brilliant

Arsenal wanted £20 million for Ashely Cole.

the got £5 million and William Gallas.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?...ne+to+get+Cole

Brilliant.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2006, 13:28   #2
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [Football] I am alughing so hard, this is brilliant

I reckon it isnt a bad deal, they have got rid of a player who didnt want to play for them, in turn they have got 5 million and a decent player. Cole is overated anyway. He is a good player but you can get a good player in coles position for far less money and someone who will build on the spirit in the arsenal camp.
Unread 1 Sep 2006, 13:33   #3
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

But £5 million plus a player who didn't want to be at Chelsea for very good left-back. Gallas contract expires at the end of the season so to sell him you would only get £5 million or lose him for nothing at the end of the season after making a nuiscance of himsef for a year.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 1 Sep 2006, 13:35   #4
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Gallas is world class.
Cole was rubbish last season.

Gallas wanted to go to Arsenal (if it wasnt for Abramovich, he would already hvae been at the club), while Cole wanted to go.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2006, 13:35   #5
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Why is this so amusing?

Gallas has just turned 29 and is at the peak of his career. He was Chelsea's first-choice centre-back (generally acclaimed to be superior to Carvalho) and only played at left-back for some of last season when Del Horno was shown unable to cope at the top echelon of the Premiership.

I would have preferred £10m and Gallas, but that was never going to happen. Cole was going to go to Chelsea whether we liked it or not, we needed a new versatile centre-back so we brought in Gallas and got some cash as part of the deal.

We have a problem now - we still don't have a fit left-back. Clichy, who remains a great prospect, is probably out until November with a foot injury sustained towards the end of last season. Hoyte is hopeless at left-back despite being a good young right-back. Flamini is probably preferable to Hoyte, and now that Cygan's gone we're really lacking defensive depth.
Unread 1 Sep 2006, 13:41   #6
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Why is this so amusing?

Gallas has just turned 29 and is at the peak of his career. He was Chelsea's first-choice centre-back (generally acclaimed to be superior to Carvalho) and only played at left-back for some of last season when Del Horno was shown unable to cope at the top echelon of the Premiership.

I would have preferred £10m and Gallas, but that was never going to happen. Cole was going to go to Chelsea whether we liked it or not, we needed a new versatile centre-back so we brought in Gallas and got some cash as part of the deal.

We have a problem now - we still don't have a fit left-back. Clichy, who remains a great prospect, is probably out until November with a foot injury sustained towards the end of last season. Hoyte is hopeless at left-back despite being a good young right-back. Flamini is probably preferable to Hoyte, and now that Cygan's gone we're really lacking defensive depth.
I wanted to keep Gallas but his being there would have been bad for team morale. We needed a left-back more seriously than any other position. Carvalho is a good player and Chelsea have also signed a new defender.

Plus, it's generally easier to get a good right-back than a good left-back.

Ashley Cole is younger and worth far more than we gave for him.
Unread 1 Sep 2006, 13:42   #7
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I wouldnt play a player who doesnt want to play for me, so cole would be worthless in my eyes. No player is that great that he is bigger than the team and the manager
Unread 1 Sep 2006, 13:50   #8
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Generelly the Arsenal fans trust Wenger (and Dein). Altrough there is probably some who are concerned about the size of the first team squad, I think its better now than before the two swaps.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2006, 13:53   #9
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

i'd say arsenal fans will be proved right at being happy to see cole piss off ,
vastly overrated as a player and his missus is trying to make him and her into the beckhams ver 2.0

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2006, 14:04   #10
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
I wanted to keep Gallas but his being there would have been bad for team morale.
I would have liked to have kept Cole and bought Gallas, but Cole's position was untenable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
Plus, it's generally easier to get a good right-back than a good left-back.

Ashley Cole is younger and worth far more than we gave for him.
Actually, there aren't many good right-backs around at all. After Gary Neville, who in the country is a world-class right-back?
Unread 1 Sep 2006, 15:24   #11
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

I think Arsenal got the best part of the deal.
Unread 1 Sep 2006, 16:16   #12
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Gallas is the best centre back in the league by a mile.

Ashley Cole was a brilliant left back for Arsenal, because their system suited his style of play, so he could maraud forward, more or less at will. He's still a fantastic left back regardless. Two players who were problems at either clubs while being exceptional talents were got rid of, but Arsenal got some cash.

The Terry/Gallas goals conceded record at Chelsea was frightening. I'd say Chelsea have lost far more from their team than Arsenal have. Arsenal have edged this deal, no danger.

Last edited by lokken; 1 Sep 2006 at 17:51.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2006, 16:56   #13
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Chelsea have got well the better end of this deal. The idea that a 29 year old center back with one year left on his contract at a club that has in the last 3 years shown it has _no idea_ about the value of money is worth the best Left back in the premiership, and possibly europe as a whole, is laughable.

Yeah, Gallas is a cracking center half. But he's been playing Fullback for 2 years now, and slipping in to the arsenal team is going to be hard.

He's 29, cole is 25.

The "cole's position wasnt tenable" thing doesnt hold water because gallas's position wasnt tenable either.

Gallas wasnt worth £15-20m.

As to the practical results for both teams, Arsenal really needed a center half, and Chelsea really needed a left back.

But the lollorific concequences of the trade is Chelsea are severely lacking in the center half area. Terry and Carvahlo are now only covered by Boulahrouz (untested) after the departures of Gallas and Huth. And Arsenal have LB options when people are fit, but none of them are as reliable as you'd hope.

Actually when you look at chelsea's defensive options they are really rather weak.

Presuming they stick with 4-3-3 (or 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 even) we can "guess" their ideal back 4 is

A. Cole Terry Carvahlo Ferreira.

In Carvahlo and Ferreira you have 2 potential weak links.

Backups? Bridge, Mancienne, Bouhlarouz. That looks like a problem to me. Imagine a metatarsal injury to John Terry...

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2006, 17:23   #14
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

fairly sure they've still got geremi. ferreira could shuffle into centre-back, perhaps with carvalho traded out for bouhlarouz to provide more pace and less portugal. not exactly world-beating but in front of cech and behind makelele they'd cope.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2006, 17:44   #15
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
fairly sure they've still got geremi. ferreira could shuffle into centre-back, perhaps with carvalho traded out for bouhlarouz to provide more pace and less portugal. not exactly world-beating but in front of cech and behind makelele they'd cope.
a/ lol

b/ too lightweight, hes never played there for chelsea

c/ Possibly, but thats depending on how a Dutch subsitute adapts to the premiership and the challenge of everyones expectations.

Boulahrouz's adaptability helps chelsea out somewhat, but it still doesnt take away the fact that one injury and they are in trouble.

Unread 1 Sep 2006, 19:26   #16
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Bouhlarouz was awesome for Hamburg last year so he is a great player. Fitting in at Chelsea though, is something quite different.
Unread 1 Sep 2006, 19:31   #17
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

especially when you are the SOLE replacement center half and utility right back in a team that if they dont win the league convincingly, have failed

Unread 4 Sep 2006, 21:16   #18
All Systems Go

Update.

If this is true then it's absolulty in Chelseas best interests to get rid of him.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ea/5314292.stm
Unread 5 Sep 2006, 00:35   #19
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Chelsea in horrible liars complete non shocker.

Unread 5 Sep 2006, 00:51   #20
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Take that back right this instant Def!!!
Unread 5 Sep 2006, 01:08   #21
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

HEY ADRIAN MUTU TOOK BLOW SO WE FIRED HIM NOW SOMEONE HAS SIGNED HIM WE DEMAND A TRANSFER FEE