User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 24 Aug 2006, 18:50   #1
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
[football] Champions League draw

Group A
BARCELONA
Chelsea
Werder Bremen
Levski Sofia

Group B
INTER MILAN
Bayern Munich
Sporting Lisbon
Spartak Moscow

Group C
LIVERPOOL
PSV Eindhoven
Bordeaux
Galatasaray

Group D
VALENCIA
Roma
Olympiakos
Shakhtar Donetsk

Group E
REAL MADRID
Lyon
Steaua Bucharest
Dynamo Kiev

Group F
MANCHESTER UNITED
Celtic
Benfica
FC Copenhagen

Group G
ARSENAL
Porto
CSKA Moscow
Hamburg

Group H
AC MILAN
Lille
AEK Athens
Anderlecht

(Top seeds in CAPITALS)

A fairly boring draw this year. No groups of death, a few tricky ones for the second seeds but all of the top seeds should qualify comfortably. Aside from Chelsea vs Barca lolz, all of the English teams should finish top of their groups. Liverpool will probably beat PSV, Man U have an easy group and Arsenal should beat Porto over two legs. The various second seeds should also cope fine - Lyon, for example, won't have any problems with Steaua Bucharest or Dynamo Kiev given their previous European showings, although picking who'll join AC Milan in qualifying from Group H is a lottery. Likewise Porto may struggle with CSKA Moscow and Hamburg.
Unread 25 Aug 2006, 00:59   #2
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [football] Champions League draw

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
A fairly boring draw this year. No groups of death, a few tricky ones for the second seeds but all of the top seeds should qualify comfortably. Aside from Chelsea vs Barca lolz, all of the English teams should finish top of their groups. Liverpool will probably beat PSV, Man U have an easy group and Arsenal should beat Porto over two legs. The various second seeds should also cope fine - Lyon, for example, won't have any problems with Steaua Bucharest or Dynamo Kiev given their previous European showings, although picking who'll join AC Milan in qualifying from Group H is a lottery. Likewise Porto may struggle with CSKA Moscow and Hamburg.
What? Boring? Barca vs Mourinho round 3, a rematch between lyon and real madrid, and the first ever competitive game between Man Utd and Celtic? Thats not boring, thats awesome.

Liverpool have a potentially tricky group. And considering arsenals record in russia its pretty arrogant of you to pencil 3 points in from cska without a second thought

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2006, 01:26   #3
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Liverpool should qualify easily enough, the only problem is we play much better against the good teams then the poorer, we end up making the "easy" games harder then they really are

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2006, 01:27   #4
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
What? Boring? Barca vs Mourinho round 3, a rematch between lyon and real madrid, and the first ever competitive game between Man Utd and Celtic? Thats not boring, thats awesome.

Liverpool have a potentially tricky group. And considering arsenals record in russia its pretty arrogant of you to pencil 3 points in from cska without a second thought
When I said boring, I meant that the first and second seeds will probably qualify from every group - as indicated by the following sentence.

The individual matches are good as always, as you'd expect most Champions League football to be. Yes, Barca/Chelsea will be a good encounter but I'd far rather see it in the knock-out stages instead, likewise Lyon/Real Madrid. I don't see Liverpool having too many problems. Galatasaray are only just back in the Champions League after a few years absence while Bordeaux hardly strike fear into anyone's heart. PSV will be a tricky fixture but not one I believe Liverpool need to fear.

As for Arsenal, can you really blame me for supporting my own team? As with Porto, I think that we'll get the job done over the two legs, just like we did against Real and Juventus last year.
Unread 25 Aug 2006, 01:30   #5
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i am a liverpool fan and i think theyll struggle. I think theyll get through but itll be no cakewalk. PSV are always a tough test - the french league has really come on recently - and how many teams go to Turkey and win?

Unread 25 Aug 2006, 07:25   #6
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

while liverpool will prob struggle in that group i am still confident they will get through

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2006, 14:26   #7
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

hoho

PSV - Liverpool in my backgarden this year! hope i can get tickets. already managed to get tickets for a poulegame of Schalke 04 in UEFA cup, but this will be good too.

and i will support Celtic this season because Jantje Vennegoor.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2006, 15:25   #8
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

3.4 million apparentally in the end it was Koen.

Unread 25 Aug 2006, 15:35   #9
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
3.4 million apparentally in the end it was Koen.
i read. and he's going to get 25.000 pounds a week. :|

btw, if twente wouldn't have lost from random shit team x last night, we'd have played against newcastle in the first round of the UEFA cup.

newcastle - twente, how ubercool would that have been... :crymeariver:
Unread 25 Aug 2006, 17:05   #10
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

you underestimate werder bremen, i think they may have the potential to cause an upset
Unread 25 Aug 2006, 18:23   #11
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
you underestimate werder bremen, i think they may have the potential to cause an upset
They're probably the best of the third seeds, and could have hoped to go through in any of the other groups - but being drawn in a group with Barca and Chelsea has ended that in my eyes.
Unread 25 Aug 2006, 19:04   #12
Opi
Ensign

Opi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to all

Yeah, that really sucks. The only decent German team gets in the group with two superpowers.
Opi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2006, 20:36   #13
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opi
Yeah, that really sucks. The only decent German team gets in the group with two superpowers.
probably the best 'footballplaying' team, yea. but i wouldn't underestimate bayern and HSV either.
Unread 25 Aug 2006, 23:41   #14
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

of all the groups i wouldnt say that PSV have it easy, as going to turkey is always a nightmare
Unread 25 Aug 2006, 23:47   #15
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

As usual i'm worried by the group Celtic have got.
Unread 28 Aug 2006, 11:33   #16
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Anderlecht will do crap as usual I think, last year they only managed to get 3 points, the year before that they couldn't even manage a draw.
Now they're in what can be described as the easiest group and least interesting.
Another year of shame for belgian footbal

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote