User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 7 Jul 2007, 19:56   #1
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Fantasy Football 2007/08

And so it's that wonderful time again when we try to put teams together despite a hopelessly restricted transfer budget. The transfer window has not yet closed, nor have any interesting loan signings gone through, but the best fantasy football game is now up and it's time to make some killings.

As always, a GD league runs throughout the season. The code for joining it is 47561-12803, so let's see some signups. For those of PB origin, there will be a separate PB league, you can join both so don't be afraid of joining.

Since I've started the thread, I'll post my initial team for shiggles. It'll probably change soon.

Last edited by furball; 7 Jul 2007 at 20:14.
furball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2007, 22:34   #2
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Fantasy Football 2007/08

1: James PO 173 5 5.0 5 DC (A)
Dream team 2: Clichy AR 80 6 6.0 6 FU (H)
Dream team 3: Jagielka EV 121 5.5 5.5 5.5 WI (H)
Dream team 4: Finnan LI 143 6.5 6.5 6.5 AV (A)
Dream team 5: Dawson TH 100 5.5 5.5 5.5 SU (A)
Dream team 6: Fabregas (C) AR 182 9.5 9.5 9.5 FU (H)
Dream team 7: Essien CH 144 8 8.0 8 BC (H)
Dream team 8: Barry AV 147 7.5 7.5 7.5 LI (H)
Dream team 9: Bentley BR 145 7 7.0 7 MI (A)
Dream team 10: Van Persie AR 108 9 9.0 9 FU (H)
Dream team 11: McCarthy BR 151 9 9.0 9 MI (A)
Dream team 12: Jaaskelainen BW 146 5 5.0 5 NU (H)
Dream team 13: Agbonlahor AV 144 7.5 7.5 7.5 LI (H)
Dream team 14: Mellberg AV 129 5 5.0 5 LI (H)
Dream team 15: Muamba BC 4 4.0 4 CH (A)
Unread 8 Jul 2007, 02:57   #3
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

yes.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2007, 12:50   #4
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Feel free to laugh.

1: Van der Sar MU 130 6 6.0 6 RE (H)
2: Dawson TH 100 5.5 5.5 5.5 SU (A)
3: Geremi NU 51 5.5 5.5 5.5 BW (A)
4: Ferdinand MU 126 6.5 6.5 6.5 RE (H)
5: Baines WI 95 4.5 4.5 4.5 EV (A)
6: Ronaldo (C) MU 244 12 12.0 12 RE (H)
7: Essien CH 144 8 8.0 8 BC (H)
8: Alonso LI 112 7 7.0 7 AV (A)
9: Barry AV 147 7.5 7.5 7.5 LI (H)
10: Yakubu MI 136 8 8.0 8 BR (H)
11: Viduka NU 139 8 8.0 8 BW (A)
12: Niemi FU 102 4 4.0 4 AR (A)
13: Young AV 134 7 7.0 7 LI (H)
14: Reo-Coker AV 83 5.5 5.5 5.5 LI (H)
15: Shorey RE 145 5 5.0 5 MU (A)
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2007, 14:35   #5
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

My rules

- no one playing against pompey in the starting XI
- no one with scum heritage
- no john terry for being a ****
- no frank lampard see above
- no spit the dog
- no west ham as they aren't in the premiership
- no one signed by Sven

My team

Cech, Ward

Jagielka, King, Carvalho, A Cole, Lauren

Benayoun (presume he's scouse), Scholes, Muntari, Bentley, De Ridder

Berbatov, Tevez, McCarthy

I will be rotating like mad
Unread 8 Jul 2007, 22:18   #6
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

http://www.appocomaster.co.uk/team.png

though my facebook one was slightly different as they didn't have a liverpool player limit.

D James POR

S Finnan LIV
D Agger LIV
F Aurelio LIV
S Warnock BLR

T Rosicky ARS
M Essien CHE
X Alonso LIV
D Dunn BLR

N Anelka BOL
C Tevez WHM

C Kirkland WIG
S Henchoz BLR
J Barton NEW
C Bellamy LIV
D Vassell MAN

I need to change them, but I'll probably forget
Unread 9 Jul 2007, 19:32   #7
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Of all the arsenal players you picked rosicky? There are worse mind, but still.
Unread 9 Jul 2007, 19:43   #8
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

For that money he could have had Arteta, Gamst Pedersen, Matty Taylor, Gareth Barry, Gilberto, Essien, Scholes.

I like Rosicky, I really do, but he's hugely overpriced.
Unread 9 Jul 2007, 21:50   #9
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think I came 2nd in the last league, which was pretty funny as I know next to nothing about football.

Anyway, my team is:

Code:
		   Cech (C) 

Carragher	Terry	Campbell	Toure

Campo	    Taylor      Speed

Rooney	    Drogba    Agbonlahor
Unread 9 Jul 2007, 21:59   #10
Minty
Who?

Minty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I think I came 2nd in the last league, which was pretty funny as I know next to nothing about football.
Can't ahve done

Ste won it, me 2nd, Isl 3rd.

2nd from last perhaps?

<Bobzy> Minty, you have a line for everything
<Queen> MINTY ROCKS
<Ice-Lady> minty is a odd boy
<Game> Minty rocks
<Queen> no minty..cos u rock
<HobbieRogue4> Minty, you stone!
Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2007, 22:08   #11
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Oh, I think I got overtaken in the last 2-3 weeks actually. It happened in my other groups, anyway. I was #1 for 90% of the season then something went wrong - I think my players got injured or something without me realising and I lost badly

Never mind!

I still did pretty well considering I don't know anything about football am i rite?!
Unread 10 Jul 2007, 02:19   #12
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Code:
                              James

Campbell           Distin           Carvalho           Terry

Fabregas           Speed            Arteta             Parker

Agbonlahor                      van Persie
Subs:
Niemi
Nelson
Hunt
Walcott

This will almost certainly change as the season approaches though.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2007, 09:27   #13
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I'd have gone for Walcott but I don't think he'll get the games
Unread 10 Jul 2007, 09:34   #14
furball

Walcott won't get the games. Then again, he was a very effective sub last season, so if you had him as first choice it'd just rotate through to second choice if he didn't play. Either way, I picked Earnshaw and Lita as third forwards.
Unread 10 Jul 2007, 10:16   #15
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
I picked Earnshaw and Lita as third forwards.
I'm tempted to swap in for Earnshaw too. He'll at least get pretty much guaranteed time on the pitch, in case Tevez hits the Manchester subs bench.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achi
This will almost certainly change as the season approaches though.
Anyone bought by Chelsea is straight out.

Last edited by Tietäjä; 10 Jul 2007 at 10:26.
Unread 10 Jul 2007, 10:29   #16
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I might give this a go later, even though I'm really bad at this kind of thing. As can be effectively demonstrated by my abysmal record on Football Manager (any of them).
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2007, 10:32   #17
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
Anyone bought by Chelsea is straight out.
I think you'll win.

When will people stop hating on Chelsea? West Ham and Aston Villa now have loads of money but no-one is hating on them (for financially reasons). Same goes for Liverpool, though they deserve to be hated on so many levels it will never be enough.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2007, 10:50   #18
Appocomaster
PA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
I think you'll win.

When will people stop hating on Chelsea? West Ham and Aston Villa now have loads of money but no-one is hating on them (for financially reasons). Same goes for Liverpool, though they deserve to be hated on so many levels it will never be enough.
West Ham and Aston Villa haven't bought 3450923 players for £150 million each. Liverpool have purchased Torres, but on the quiet have got in at least 6 under 21s, so aren't exactly in the market to only buy top quality bench warmers.
Cheslea still deserve hatred :P
Unread 10 Jul 2007, 10:53   #19
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
I think you'll win.
No no, it's not because I'd particularily hate Chelsea, it's that - - do you honestly think Sidwell's going to get a lot of time on the selection? And he's priced 8 (a half more and you have Arteta). Awfully lot for a guy who won't be spending too much time on the squad, and probably will be playing below par anyways. If Tevez does sign for ManUtd, though, I'll probably have to replace Vidic with Terry anyways (wife-beating or whatever for the win!).

That is, unless I get the itch to totally revamp the thing.

Last edited by Tietäjä; 10 Jul 2007 at 11:00.
Unread 10 Jul 2007, 12:40   #20
Tietäjä
Good Son

See. Seriously.

Florent Malouda at 9. It's not like he's going to fit in to the first team on regular basis.
Unread 18 Jul 2007, 13:23   #21
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

My team:

1: Cech
2: Carragher
3: Carvalho
4: Neville
5: Ronaldo(C)
6: Gamst Pedersen
7: Taylor
8: Lampard
9: Earnshaw
10: Tevez