User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 27 Apr 2007, 10:27   #101
Bane
Shadows and Dust

Bane is on a distinguished road
Re: Dear Angels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxi
I giggled, but died a little inside at the same time.
But wasn't it nice that two coloured brothers can get along? No one died too!

R3 or so - Cell/Elysium
Looong break
R20 - Orbit
R21 - Subh (Finished rank 58)
8 year break
R60 - ND -> Ultores (Finished rank 48)
R61 - Rogues

14:05 <Swing> I wear a cape and a burger king paper crown when i play pa
14:10 <Zwanstic> u also talk alot of shit
14:14 <Blue_Esper> you're a weird unit
12:33 <hone> oddr is where we send all the semi retarded and gay bashing ult has beens LOL
12:34 <hone> thats where u should be swing lol
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2007, 10:58   #102
Sharur
..yet opinionated

Sharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant future

I think it's racist to say that white people would be racist if they said what black people can say without being racist. Does that make me a racist?
Sharur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2007, 11:33   #103
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharur
I think it's racist to say that white people would be racist if they said what black people can say without being racist. Does that make me a racist?
no, it means you are stating the obvious
Unread 2 May 2007, 12:56   #104
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by add100
can angels ever go into a round and not **** up in the first 200 ticks?
Yes.
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2007, 14:52   #105
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt
Yes.
When?
Unread 2 May 2007, 15:22   #106
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
When?
Rounds 13, 15, 16, 19 off the top of my head.
Unread 2 May 2007, 17:13   #107
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
Definately not 19.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2007, 17:39   #108
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Oh?
How did they **** up before pt200 in Round 19?
Unread 2 May 2007, 18:47   #109
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
definitely r15/16 as well. probably r13 too but i don't remember.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2007, 19:21   #110
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

r13 maybe not in the first 200 ticks but I seem to remember them launching on 1up, losing 25% and then begging for a NAP. I'm probably wrong but it was lol. They also didn't finish the round afaik.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2007, 19:22   #111
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

They ended second in r13 iirc.
Unread 2 May 2007, 20:17   #112
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
Most of you just can't be arsed to do it anymore.
No we simply don't stay up till 3am to send defense

Quote:
you blame it on the stats and the formulas
The stats last round were horrific and look what happened to ascendancy

Quote:
and play for xp nevertheless 'to prove a point'.
Actually if we go for xp it's due to two things. Seeing that xp is better than value, or, alliances targetting ascendancy so we don't hold on to our roids (interesting that you say we abuse xp, but its fine for you to abuse our lack of defense)

Quote:
If you manage to win a value round, i will take all that i said back
JBG answered this.
Unread 2 May 2007, 21:54   #113
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon_Fodder
or, alliances targetting ascendancy so we don't hold on to our roids.
Does this seriously happen?
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2007, 22:24   #114
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
Not sure, we don't keep track, I doubt it's as serious as CF made it sound though.
However there have been rumours about TGV declaring war on us!
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2007, 23:08   #115
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Actually if we go for xp it's due to two things. Seeing that xp is better than value, or, alliances targetting ascendancy so we don't hold on to our roids (interesting that you say we abuse xp, but its fine for you to abuse our lack of defense)
Right you are. You went for XP because it suits you better. At the end of the day, it's easy to just build an all-offensive fleet, and go hit random targets which bring you the most xp for the least effort. There is no need to get up in the morning to send defence. No big battles, just xp attacks that give you score. No wars or politics, just sending fleets at the targets of the day.

And at the end of the round, you will pick a top galaxy or a top planet to hit massively with help of some other smaller alliances and friends, and show the rest of PA what great military masterminds you are.
Unread 2 May 2007, 23:54   #116
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
definitely r15/16 as well. probably r13 too but i don't remember.
Oh? please tell me how they screwed up in the first 200 ticks of round 15 and 16?
And no, they didn't screw up during the first 200 ticks of round 13 either. They made a rather bad political decision by joining the war then jumping out after taking a battering, they then made idiots of themselves on AD by declaring war on 1up shortly before getting a NAP but this was way past pt200.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
r13 maybe not in the first 200 ticks but I seem to remember them launching on 1up, losing 25% and then begging for a NAP. I'm probably wrong but it was lol. They also didn't finish the round afaik.
It wasn't really a screw up, just a reasonably bad political decision - they joined the eXi block for one night and we took 25% of their roids so they backed out of the war, declared war on 1up over AD and then got a NAP. They finished the round 2nd.
Unread 2 May 2007, 23:56   #117
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Right you are. You went for XP because it suits you better. At the end of the day, it's easy to just build an all-offensive fleet, and go hit random targets which bring you the most xp for the least effort. There is no need to get up in the morning to send defence. No big battles, just xp attacks that give you score. No wars or politics, just sending fleets at the targets of the day.

And at the end of the round, you will pick a top galaxy or a top planet to hit massively with help of some other smaller alliances and friends, and show the rest of PA what great military masterminds you are.
No we would have gone xp because it suits the round better.

You have no idea about playing for xp if you think it involves hitting random targets.

You don't think defending fleet catches on us isnt a big battle?

I go zik almost every round, I get up in the morning and hope I can send defense.

Sending fleets at good targets? How dare we.

Oh, and insulting us by saying we use flak alliances is pretty hilarious coming from someone who was in exilition. And at least someone has the balls to hit the top planets.
Unread 3 May 2007, 00:16   #118
Cannon_Fodder

Quote:
Stoom is pretty correct, but it's not to say that it's never crossed the minds of those coordinating attacks.

P.S.
I wish gio2k had replied to my other post saying that hitting us did make sense from a military point of view due to lack of defense and high number of roids. Then I could have said that xp whoring made sense if the round setup allowed an acceptable risk/benefit for it.

P.P.S
kila were you even born when those rounds you're talking about happened?
Unread 3 May 2007, 00:27   #119
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
P.P.S
kila were you even born when those rounds you're talking about happened?
gud1 man u weren't, like, in the same ally as me or anything during round 13.
Unread 3 May 2007, 00:32   #120
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No we would have gone xp because it suits the round better.
Yes, it was an xp round. However, it was also quite playable as a value player. You made the conscious decision to go for xp, because it suits your playing style better. Less effort. Your motto is while you were trying, we were sleeping.
Quote:
You have no idea about playing for xp if you think it involves hitting random targets.
I have enough idea about playing for xp. Pick a target, calculate the xp you'd get from it. Launch at it. And yes, it's random in the sense that you don't base your decision who to hit other than on how much xp you can get from it. There is no politics, no military objective, nothing but maximizing your score.
Quote:
You don't think defending fleet catches on us isnt a big battle?
Every alliance gets fleetcatches every now and then. Fleetcatches in the past were a military operation. Nowadays they are nothing but ordinary attacks, not that much harder to defend than any other. The only real big fleetcatch last round was the one on Caj. If defending your run-of-the-mill fleetcatch nowadays is your idea of a big battle, no wonder you are all so bored.
Quote:
I go zik almost every round, I get up in the morning and hope I can send defense.
So does the rest of the people playing in alliances. You are doing nothing out of the ordinary there.
Quote:
Sending fleets at good targets? How dare we.
Yes, how dare we all. Yet Ascendancy were the very first to post about other alliances for just doing that. Galaxy Raids, roiding contest. HOW DARE WE?
Quote:
Oh, and insulting us by saying we use flak alliances is pretty hilarious coming from someone who was in exilition. And at least someone has the balls to hit the top planets.
I am not insulting, i am stating the true. The attack on Caj and his gal last round was orchestrated by your alliance, with the involvement of other middle tier alliances (don't remember which ones). And yes, you had the balls to hit the big planets, one time at the end of the round. Or are you trying to imply that you were among the most hostile alliances towards CT, VGN and Destiny the whole round?
Unread 3 May 2007, 01:07   #121
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Just the bits that attracted my attention as its late.

Quote:
Yes, it was an xp round. However, it was also quite playable as a value player. You made the conscious decision to go for xp, because it suits your playing style better. Less effort. Your motto is while you were trying, we were sleeping.
No our motto is success is a journey, not a destination, so stop running.. That slogan you are quoting was one added to Munin by me during r16 when I was lolling in our own arrogance.

Quote:
I am not insulting, i am stating the true. The attack on Caj and his gal last round was orchestrated by your alliance, with the involvement of other middle tier alliances (don't remember which ones). And yes, you had the balls to hit the big planets, one time at the end of the round. Or are you trying to imply that you were among the most hostile alliances towards CT, VGN and Destiny the whole round?
The fact is that no one else would do it, not even planets you revere with the so called value to attempt it. It was a very well executed attack and was done much better than any clown such as yourself could have achieved. Apart from gaining us truckloads of XP, it showed that with a bit of cooperation and offering people mutual benefit you could produce an attack that could hurt any alliance. That one attack contained more incisive politics, diplomacy and military action in one night than had occurred at any stage prior to it being launched. We've got the ability to play how we like, we're just governed by the fact that people only put in as much effort as they want. If you don't like it, well you just don't join Ascendancy.
Unread 3 May 2007, 01:48   #122
voodoo
a pain

voodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
The fact is that no one else would do it, not even planets you revere with the so called value to attempt it. It was a very well executed attack and was done much better than any clown such as yourself could have achieved. Apart from gaining us truckloads of XP, it showed that with a bit of cooperation and offering people mutual benefit you could produce an attack that could hurt any alliance. That one attack contained more incisive politics, diplomacy and military action in one night than had occurred at any stage prior to it being launched. We've got the ability to play how we like, we're just governed by the fact that people only put in as much effort as they want. If you don't like it, well you just don't join Ascendancy.
nobody contested the fact that you had potential.
but get off that damn high horse, arranging one attack (a very good one as it may have been) doesnt grant you the right to boast like you do. and to think as highly of yourself.
you are what you are, a handfull of good players that cant be bothered, but PLEASE stop trying to act like you own the damn game because you obviously dont.
the day in which you start acting like a real alliance, you will be treated as such, untill then you should look in your own back-yard for clowns, god knows you have plenty.
Unread 3 May 2007, 02:04   #123
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Ok, a couple of points to be answered here too.
Quote:
The fact is that no one else would do it, not even planets you revere with the so called value to attempt it.
It's easier to risk it when you got nothing to lose. CT, Destiny and VGN were fighting for the top alliance, galaxy and planet spots. Ascendancy had nothing to do but try and make things interesting. And the most funny thing is that many of us in the top alliances had been encouraging you to do exactly that, stop talking about how boring the round is, and actually put your money where your mouth is.
Quote:
It was a very well executed attack and was done much better than any clown such as yourself could have achieved.
Yes and no. It was a very well executed attack, yes. Done much better than anyone could have achieved, no. You 'used' mid-sized alliances on the last days of the round, for mutual benefit. It was well organized, well planed, etc. But then again, you had nothing to lose!
Quote:
Apart from gaining us truckloads of XP, it showed that with a bit of cooperation and offering people mutual benefit you could produce an attack that could hurt any alliance.
Really? I never knew that 3 alliances cooperating could hurt any alliance. You surely showed me.
Oh wait, did i mention that some of us encouraged other alliances to step up and do something about the sorry state of the game mid-round?
Also, in the end, you only hurt a planet, and a galaxy. Alliancewise, you did not change much. I'd be really disappointed if 3 alliances don't manage to take the top galaxy / top value player down.
Quote:
That one attack contained more incisive politics, diplomacy and military action in one night than had occurred at any stage prior to it being launched.
Yes! It did. You just waited until the end of the round to actually do something. If you played that way from start to finish of a round, i'd drop my hat off to you. But you don't, so ...
Quote:
We've got the ability to play how we like, we're just governed by the fact that people only put in as much effort as they want.
If you don't like it, well you just don't join Ascendancy.
Damn, should have told me earlier, it would have saved me the effort of applying every single round to Ascendancy, not to mention the inconvenience caused to your recruiters for having to reject me round after round
Don't worry, i don't like playing any type of game if it's not in some kind of competitive way. And i have never played PA for my own rank. And i also put in as much effort as i want, not more not less. Many things can happen from tick start to tick end, and i have been in lots of losing alliances. I just prefer to play for an alliance that has a clear goal: winning a round.
Unread 3 May 2007, 08:00   #124
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo
But Forest arranged that attack. (Seriously, when have we acted arrogant over arranging that, ever?)

Quote:
There is no politics, no military objective, nothing but maximizing your score.
Yeah, maximimising your score seems to be the builtin goal of this crazy game. Gio, I mostly find that you are a good guy, how did you end up feeling so strongly about this? I'm not going to bother replying to the posts you made about Ascendancy, because it's clear in how you write them that no matter what I say or do, you are completely right about Ascendancy, and you will find a way to refute anything and everything I say, whether it's logical or not. I really just want to know why you hate/dislike a group of people so much?

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2007, 08:11   #125
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Many things can happen from tick start to tick end, and i have been in lots of losing alliances. I just prefer to play for an alliance that has a clear goal: winning a round.
You surely mean the clear goal of their HC winning the round?
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2007, 08:59   #126
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

lokken won round 16, listen to him
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2007, 09:58   #127
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game^
You surely mean the clear goal of their HC winning the round?
Come now, if you are in an alliance with high aspirations, im sure the members too wants to win the round.
Unread 3 May 2007, 10:03   #128
Cannon_Fodder

Quote:
Lokken answered this

Quote:
I have enough idea about playing for xp. Pick a target, calculate the xp you'd get from it. Launch at it. And yes, it's random in the sense that you don't base your decision who to hit other than on how much xp you can get from it. There is no politics, no military objective, nothing but maximizing your score.
The target selection is rather important, based on holes in 'value' players fleets. I don't calculate how much xp I get from it, it's a case of who has a lot of roids, I can hit with my fleet, and who needs to be hit so they have a smaller chance of winning the round. Strangely similair to how 'value' play goes.

Also in a round where ranking is based on score, surely it doesnt take a genius to realise maximising score is a good idea, especially when its possible to maximise it more with xp than value.

Quote:
Every alliance gets fleetcatches every now and then. Fleetcatches in the past were a military operation. Nowadays they are nothing but ordinary attacks, not that much harder to defend than any other. The only real big fleetcatch last round was the one on Caj. If defending your run-of-the-mill fleetcatch nowadays is your idea of a big battle, no wonder you are all so bored.
Saying you don't have big battles so you're not a proper alliance is like saying if you don't stand up for the entire 90 minutes of a football match shouting abuse at the opposition fans you aren't a real fan. Its stupid and you'll note that alliances don't win rounds or wars in big battles.

Quote:
So does the rest of the people playing in alliances. You are doing nothing out of the ordinary there.
But you just criticised us for not doing that, I was setting you straight.

Quote:
Yes, how dare we all. Yet Ascendancy were the very first to post about other alliances for just doing that. Galaxy Raids, roiding contest. HOW DARE WE?
Sorry, we posted about people roiding? I don't get your point here

Quote:
As lok said forrest started it so this is completely wrong.
Unread 3 May 2007, 10:14   #129
Cannon_Fodder

Quote:
Ok, a couple of points to be answered here too.

It's easier to risk it when you got nothing to lose. CT, Destiny and VGN were fighting for the top alliance, galaxy and planet spots. Ascendancy had nothing to do but try and make things interesting. And the most funny thing is that many of us in the top alliances had been encouraging you to do exactly that, stop talking about how boring the round is, and actually put your money where your mouth is.
So you wanted us to do your dirty work.

Quote:
Yes and no. It was a very well executed attack, yes. Done much better than anyone could have achieved, no. You 'used' mid-sized alliances on the last days of the round, for mutual benefit. It was well organized, well planed, etc. But then again, you had nothing to lose!
Right because we don't have enough members to challenge for #1 you think we have nothing to lose? How many asc members were top 100 last round?

Quote:
Really? I never knew that 3 alliances cooperating could hurt any alliance. You surely showed me.
Oh wait, did i mention that some of us encouraged other alliances to step up and do something about the sorry state of the game mid-round?
Also, in the end, you only hurt a planet, and a galaxy. Alliancewise, you did not change much. I'd be really disappointed if 3 alliances don't manage to take the top galaxy / top value player down.
Well I guess after constantly 'using' smaller alliances as flak successfully, I guess you would be disappointed if it didn't work once.

Quote:
Yes! It did. You just waited until the end of the round to actually do something. If you played that way from start to finish of a round, i'd drop my hat off to you. But you don't, so ...
We do hit large targets throughout the round.

Quote:
Damn, should have told me earlier, it would have saved me the effort of applying every single round to Ascendancy, not to mention the inconvenience caused to your recruiters for having to reject me round after round
Don't worry, i don't like playing any type of game if it's not in some kind of competitive way. And i have never played PA for my own rank. And i also put in as much effort as i want, not more not less. Many things can happen from tick start to tick end, and i have been in lots of losing alliances. I just prefer to play for an alliance that has a clear goal: winning a round.
Oh snap we put in the amount of effort we want too, just we aren't constrained by def point limits or phone calls at 5am.
Unread 3 May 2007, 10:35   #130
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I'm not sure but I'd like to find out. So I thought on Sunday I'd ask everyone to pm me their histories, add up total hostile fleets by alliance and whoever wins we could like I dunno man invite them around so we can carry out an extended long-term injoke or something.
Unread 3 May 2007, 10:38   #131
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Come now, if you are in an alliance with high aspirations, im sure the members too wants to win the round.
Yes thats fine having members who want to win the round themselves, however when this crosses over and effects the actual alliances outcome in the round then its a different matter entirely.

Im just pointing out Gio2k's notion of "im in it for the team" isnt exactly always prefect.
Unread 3 May 2007, 10:58   #132
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:

Im just pointing out Gio2k's notion of "im in it for the team" isnt exactly always prefect.
If you are sincere about it, it is. But yeah, there will always be some who isn't.
Unread 3 May 2007, 12:32   #133
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Quote:
Yes thats fine having members who want to win the round themselves, however when this crosses over and effects the actual alliances outcome in the round then its a different matter entirely.

You can ask any alliance i have been in. I have never been a top value player. I always hit with my bg, never incluster. I send def when i can and i wake up if i cba to send def :P. Whenever my alliance is at war i am hitting the targets they assign to me and losing roids to my enemies.
I AM in it for the team. This game is (for me) not about personal score, never has been. Granted, it's probably because i don't have the stamina needed to be a consistant top player. But my main goal is always to help my alliance win the round.
I am sure there are other types of players, in every alliance. Those are actually the types of players that are not worth having. But that's my opinion.
Unread 3 May 2007, 13:00   #134
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Quote:
The target selection is rather important, based on holes in 'value' players fleets. I don't calculate how much xp I get from it, it's a case of who has a lot of roids, I can hit with my fleet, and who needs to be hit so they have a smaller chance of winning the round. Strangely similair to how 'value' play goes.
You said it. Strangely similar. Value players also hit their targets according to their weak spots. I as value player also don't bother to calc xp, mostly because i don't have the luxury of picking my target as i like, but have to pick from the nights targets, so i just pick the ones i can get through easier.
The difference however, is that playing for an alliance that goes for the win, at some point we need to hit targets that are not ideal. They don't maximise our score or get us big roids. We hit them because they need to be hit to win.
If Ascendancy does the same type of attacks now, then i must have have missed something.

Quote:
Also in a round where ranking is based on score, surely it doesnt take a genius to realise maximising score is a good idea, especially when its possible to maximise it more with xp than value.
No it doesn't. XP play is a valid and very effective tactic for maximising score, when the round formula allows for it. My problem with xp does not come from that fact. My problem with XP is that it has shifted the focus away from the alliance team play, the spirit of the game (in my opinion). It also makes xp players almost untouchable. They are not among the most hostile to any alliance, so they are not a high priority to hit. Even if they were, their value is usually so low, that the active players can't hit them, and arranging fleetcatches on them is impractical. Even if we could catch their fleet, they can usually rebuild and keep gaining score, this time hitting even smaller, easier targets. So yeah, i don't like xp play.
Quote:
Sorry, we posted about people roiding? I don't get your point here
The point was that all alliances and players have the goal of maximising their score and win. You do it as much as we, only we are not the ones who start posting about how shit the game has become and how quality has decreased.
Quote:
As lok said forrest started it so this is completely wrong.
Right, of course, it was Forest
Unread 3 May 2007, 13:20   #135
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Quote:
So you wanted us to do your dirty work.
Lol, hell no. I wanted you to get off your asses, stop talking and attack anyone, even us. I was among the first ones to acknowledge the attack on Caj and his gal.
Quote:
Right because we don't have enough members to challenge for #1 you think we have nothing to lose? How many asc members were top 100 last round?
No you didn't have anything to lose. Several reasons, but the most prominent is that although you had many top 100 players last round, neither CT, nor Destiny nor VGN considered you a priority target. That is, the alliances that could actually do damage to you had more important things to do than hit Ascendancy. They wanted to win a round.
Quote:
Well I guess after constantly 'using' smaller alliances as flak successfully, I guess you would be disappointed if it didn't work once.
Lol again. Well, take that up with the HCs not with me. I really don't care much about that, mainly because every single winning alliance has at some point had an agreement with another alliance.
Quote:
We do hit large targets throughout the round.
Yes, i am sure you were consistently among the most hostile planets towards CT, VGN and Destiny. But i am sure CT, VGN and Destiny defence HCs are more capable of backing up or refuting your statement.
Quote:
Oh snap we put in the amount of effort we want too, just we aren't constrained by def point limits or phone calls at 5am.
Neither am i. I don't mind waking up once or twice a week to send defence, but so far, i have not had to get up.
Unread 3 May 2007, 13:30   #136
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab
Yeah, maximimising your score seems to be the builtin goal of this crazy game. Gio, I mostly find that you are a good guy, how did you end up feeling so strongly about this? I'm not going to bother replying to the posts you made about Ascendancy, because it's clear in how you write them that no matter what I say or do, you are completely right about Ascendancy, and you will find a way to refute anything and everything I say, whether it's logical or not. I really just want to know why you hate/dislike a group of people so much?
I don't dislike all of them. I dislike some individuals who have their heads stuck up their arses far to much already, but that is personal, and not necessarily tied to being in Ascendancy. And I have a lot of respect for some of them, like JBG and bwtmc for example.
No, my problem with Ascendancy is not that they are filled with egos bigger than their brains (according to them). My problem is that in my eyes, they are as much part of the problem as everybody else. With perhaps the aggravating issue, that they are actually skilled and capable players, who could do something to make a round interesting, but decide not to, and instead post every chance they get to complain about how boring the round is, how shit this or that alliance is, how bad players nowadays are, and so on and so forth.
Unread 3 May 2007, 13:37   #137
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
No you didn't have anything to lose. Several reasons, but the most prominent is that although you had many top 100 players last round, neither CT, nor Destiny nor VGN considered you a priority target. That is, the alliances that could actually do damage to you had more important things to do than hit Ascendancy. They wanted to win a round.
This was and is largely a matter of numbers. I, personally, I wouldn't like to speak for anyone else in ascendancy, would be disappointed to see a group of idiots in our channel for the whole round. Even all the talk about PA these days distresses me slightly. The one thing you don't seem to comprehend is that ascendancy is not the sort of alliance which tells its members what to do. I like to think we're about freely given assistance and mutual support but realistically I suppose it boils down to our one recruitment requirement. "Don't be shit".
Unread 3 May 2007, 13:42   #138
Game^

Quote:
You can ask any alliance i have been in. I have never been a top value player. I always hit with my bg, never incluster. I send def when i can and i wake up if i cba to send def :P. Whenever my alliance is at war i am hitting the targets they assign to me and losing roids to my enemies.
I AM in it for the team. This game is (for me) not about personal score, never has been. Granted, it's probably because i don't have the stamina needed to be a consistant top player. But my main goal is always to help my alliance win the round.
I am sure there are other types of players, in every alliance. Those are actually the types of players that are not worth having. But that's my opinion.
Yes, that is a very noble way of playing the game of planetarion, however its completely wasted when your efforts are not used for what was intended. As i said you played in Angels and Destiny, and im sure most would agree the policy of these alliances seemed to be more about making a select few big, rather than the alliance as a whole.

My point is simply this, if you intend to show yourself as a 'good guy' and put down the 'bad guys', at least have the moral fibre to attempt to right the wrongs in your own camps as well.
Unread 3 May 2007, 14:43   #139
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Quote:
Yes, that is a very noble way of playing the game of planetarion, however its completely wasted when your efforts are not used for what was intended. As i said you played in Angels and Destiny, and im sure most would agree the policy of these alliances seemed to be more about making a select few big, rather than the alliance as a whole.

My point is simply this, if you intend to show yourself as a 'good guy' and put down the 'bad guys', at least have the moral fibre to attempt to right the wrongs in your own camps as well.
It's all in the eye of the beholder. You were not in Destiny, i was. Caj was our flagship, but nobody complained about it. In an alliance, there are always players that get more than others. In the case of Caj, you all may want to think he used his alliance and did not deserve his spot. You are wrong. Caj deserved all the defence he got, not only because he defended, but because he was the driving force behind Destiny, simple as. He put in lots of effort, only to have Ascendancy arrange a hit on his gal, probably for the joy of ****ing up their round because you felt he was not worthy of his top spot.
Angels have also screwed their chances many times. As JBG put it, it's all a matter of numbers, and they took many players that should have never been accepted. Most of the times though, it was either the political decissions that screwed us up or the plain fact that eX and 1up were better on a man by man base. Nevertheless, Angels always had some kind of impact in the wars and political moves of a round, and for that i am proud of having been a member of theirs.
Unread 3 May 2007, 14:52   #140
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
He put in lots of effort, only to have Ascendancy arrange a hit on his gal, probably for the joy of ****ing up their round because you felt he was not worthy of his top spot.
The fact we wanted our players to finish first was obviously irrelevant.
Unread 3 May 2007, 15:16   #141
Game^

Quote:
It's all in the eye of the beholder. You were not in Destiny, i was. Caj was our flagship, but nobody complained about it. In an alliance, there are always players that get more than others. In the case of Caj, you all may want to think he used his alliance and did not deserve his spot. You are wrong.
I thought your entire notion was "for the team", not "all for one".

I dont remember CT having top ranked planets last round, yet they won...
Unread 3 May 2007, 15:19   #142
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Quote:
The fact we wanted our players to finish first was obviously irrelevant.
Fair enough.
Unread 3 May 2007, 15:26   #143
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Quote:
I thought your entire notion was "for the team", not "all for one".

I dont remember CT having top ranked planets last round, yet they won...
And what makes you think that Caj was not playing for the team?
Defending Caj was not only a matter of "defending Caj", although he deserved it, it was a matter of defending Destinys flagship. We were proud of having the top value planet.
Let me tell you how it was: Caj got his cr and de fleetcaught as far as i recall. We all sent def. When it was clear that the attack was going to land anyways, Caj told me along with others to recall when we were bound to lose more than what we were bound to kill.
Now that is the type of player i would send defence to again and again.
Unread 3 May 2007, 18:00   #144
Cannon_Fodder

Quote:
My problem with XP is that it has shifted the focus away from the alliance team play, the spirit of the game (in my opinion).
From the type of alliance you play in, and with the type of most players in your alliance, that's probably true. Less so, if at all in ascendancy.

Quote:
It also makes xp players almost untouchable.
This is rubbish.

Quote:
They are not among the most hostile to any alliance, so they are not a high priority to hit.
This is rubbish.

Quote:
Even if they were, their value is usually so low, that the active players can't hit them, and arranging fleetcatches on them is impractical.
This is rubbish.

Quote:
Even if we could catch their fleet, they can usually rebuild and keep gaining score, this time hitting even smaller, easier targets. So yeah, i don't like xp play.
Do you see where I'm going with this?

Quote:
The point was that all alliances and players have the goal of maximising their score and win. You do it as much as we, only we are not the ones who start posting about how shit the game has become and how quality has decreased.
The quality of players has decreased, and please point out people who have seriously said the game is shit nowadays, as opposed to pointing out a particular feature that was added/changed/removed wrongly.

Quote:
Right, of course, it was Forest
Are you being intentionally dense?
Unread 3 May 2007, 18:11   #145
hook
I'm who you want me to be

hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
no, it means you are stating the obvious
only obvious for you.

Because you are a racist.
Unread 3 May 2007, 18:16   #146
Cannon_Fodder

Quote:
In the grand scheme of things no-one has anything to lose other than several hours of their life.

Quote:
Lol again. Well, take that up with the HCs not with me. I really don't care much about that, mainly because every single winning alliance has at some point had an agreement with another alliance.
I think there are exceptions to that, but yes it makes military sense to NAP potential enemies so you can focus on rivals. However while it was fine for you and exilition to do it, you are now slandering us of doing it. Smacks of double standards a bit.

Quote:
Yes, i am sure you were consistently among the most hostile planets towards CT, VGN and Destiny. But i am sure CT, VGN and Destiny defence HCs are more capable of backing up or refuting your statement.
Fairly sure some of our top players last round were top launchers too, just so happens that one alliance doesnt always have the biggest planets throughout the round.
Unread 3 May 2007, 18:43   #147
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
Oh? please tell me how they screwed up in the first 200 ticks of round 15 and 16?
And no, they didn't screw up during the first 200 ticks of round 13 either. They made a rather bad political decision by joining the war then jumping out after taking a battering, they then made idiots of themselves on AD by declaring war on 1up shortly before getting a NAP but this was way past pt200.
Quote:
Oh?
How did they **** up before pt200 in Round 19?
I'm still waiting for jer and Keizari or some other Ascendancy monkey* to answer these questions

*no this doesn't mean that all of you are monkeys, only about half.
Unread 3 May 2007, 18:45   #148
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Quote:
From the type of alliance you play in, and with the type of most players in your alliance, that's probably true. Less so, if at all in ascendancy.
Probably less so in Ascendancy. You have a special type of alliance. But overall, your style of playing is highly personal and less alliance driven. I was last round in an Ascendancy dominated cluster, and i saw Ascendancy members hitting incluster, and asking for defence from us. Of course, they also defend each other, if they are lucky to find another Ascendancy player with defence fleets at home and awake. One of your members himself told me 'Ascendancy doesn't defend' when i asked if he was getting any defence from alliance.
Quote:
This is rubbish.

This is rubbish.

This is rubbish.

Do you see where I'm going with this?
Yes. I see. You have nothing to say but 'This is rubbish'.
Quote:
The quality of players has decreased, and please point out people who have seriously said the game is shit nowadays, as opposed to pointing out a particular feature that was added/changed/removed wrongly.
This is a very touchy subject. Some people think more depth to this tick based game is going to make it more interesting. While i agree with some ideas, in general i try to make the most out of the game and enjoy it no matter how bad the stats are or how a particular feature or rule has limited my playing.
Quote:
Are you being intentionally dense?
No, but i gather you haven't been properly enlightened as to how and who actually planned the attack against Caj and 2:5. Ask around.
Unread 3 May 2007, 18:56   #149
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Cant we all just hold penises and get along?

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2007, 19:16   #150
Cannon_Fodder

Quote:
I was last round in an Ascendancy dominated cluster, and i saw Ascendancy members hitting incluster, and asking for defence from us.
Possibly the targets weren't in the cluster nap?

Quote:
One of your members himself told me 'Ascendancy doesn't defend' when i asked if he was getting any defence from alliance.
It's not like its a rule, it's just we don't spam the private channel with calls for defense.

Quote:
Yes. I see. You have nothing to say but 'This is rubbish'.
My bad I assumed a blind monkey would have known why. I guess not.

Quote:
No, but i gather you haven't been properly enlightened as to how and who actually planned the attack against Caj and 2:5. Ask around.
link