User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 01:28   #1
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place
Best / Worst live bands

I was just browsing some local clubs for a concert to go to sometime soon but for the most part the lists seemed shit and it just got my thinking what are the best and worst bands you have ever seen live?

For me it is:

Best

1)Green Day - About 4 years ago I saw these in Cardiff and it was the first concert I ever went to. It was more of a festival with [spunge](first time I heard them but they were great as well), Iggy Pop, hundread Reasons, A and a few others there. Green Day were easily the best despite having to wait most of the day for them and being slightly fed up by the end. The engaged the crowd extremely well

2) Stereophonics - I saw thesearound 18 months agor in the Millennium Stadium along with Feeder and ocean Colour Scene. The Phonics were easily the best of the lot but the atmosphere of so many people standing on the football pitch made this as much as anything for me.

3)Tsunami Bomb - I didn't like their album when I first heard it and only saw them as I wanted to see Mad Caddies later. They were so good though that they were easily my favourite band of the night

Worst

1) Flaming Lips - This one is probably myown fualt. I had never even ehard of them before but a mate phoned and said hehad a spare ticket which I could have for a fiver so did I want to go. Had nothing better to do so did. I hated the music, they were quite boring, it was a poor atmosphere and the only crowd interaction was when they stopped for a few minutes every couple of songs to slag off Blair and the Iraq war which got tiresome after a while.

2) Anti-Flag - I had enjoyed their music and as Adequate Seven were supporting who I had seen before and enjoyed I thought I would go to this. The support bands were all great and at first so were Anti Flag. Their set was enjoyable enough but again like the Flaming Lips they spent too much time just ranting, only they were a lot worse. It seemed to be sing a song, shout for 5 minutes, sing a song and then rant for 5 minutes etc... which meant that by the end you didn't actually get to hear that many songs as they spent half the time complaining about the war. I was expecting some of this but they just went over the top for me.

3) Capdown - I actually can't remember why I didn't like these. Again I mainly went to see Adequate Seven and I had also enjoyed some of Capdowns songs but just ended up not enjoying the night which due to my poor memory may not even be because of the band.