User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 1 Aug 2006, 15:35   #1
Deffeh
Angry Young Man
 
Deffeh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Mister Cacciatore's down on Sullivan Street
Posts: 7,518
Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Whats the stupidest argument you've ever had?

For me, i think it has to have been a time last year when i was relaxing with a few beers in my room with a couple of pals. We were discussing the usual bollocks, politics and all that. To cut a long story brutally short; one of my friends stormed out the room and the flat, and overturned all the wheelie bins on the high street on his way home, because..

.. i said i dont believe in the worth of the Space program.

what? Anyway, whats the most ridiculous petty argument you've ever had.
__________________

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2006, 15:50   #2
All Systems Go
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: London
Posts: 3,348
All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Whats the stupidest argument you've ever had?

Oh there's been so many!

the first one that jumps out at me was when me and some friends went back to my home after a night out drinking.

One of my friends said that if you drank five pinvs of beer every day for a year you would die. I disagreed. It went on for a good couple of hours and turned into a real shouting match.
__________________
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2006, 16:03   #3
All Systems Go
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: London
Posts: 3,348
All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Whats the stupidest argument you've ever had?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantoz
Why the hell should you die from that?
Exactly!

I think his argument went something like 'you're body couldn't cope with it and you would die' or something. to which I replied 'George Best.' It wasn't the most intellectually stimulating conversation I've ever had, but it was a laugh.
__________________
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2006, 16:11   #4
Ste
Bored
 
Ste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Nottm ->Shef ->Croydon ->Manc ->Durham ->Sheffield
Posts: 6,505
Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Whats the stupidest argument you've ever had?

My ex and I had an argument once about whether men and women played different chess tournaments.

I won a fiver off her
(she never realised that if I was betting money then I was 100% certain I was right)
__________________
Wise men write because they have something to write about; fools write because they have to write something. - Plato

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2006, 16:14   #5
Ephor
Monkey Man
 
Ephor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 173
Ephor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Whats the stupidest argument you've ever had?

A few months ago I argued with a friend about how long it'd take to (thoroughly) clean an oven, and after cleaning the oven whether or not you could restore it to the level of cleanliness it had been in when it was bought.

We argued for about an hour mainly about this point, mostly because we are both very stubborn. I'd maintain that it would take a very long time for one person to clean an oven with only the types of cleaning materials that are available to the average member of the public.
Ephor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2006, 16:42   #6
Tomkat
:alpha:
 
Tomkat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: London, UK
Posts: 7,871
Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Whats the stupidest argument you've ever had?

I remember arguing for about an hour with my friend about the correct spelling of "hippocampus".

The funny thing was he is dyslexic, so it was like having a sprinting race with a one legged man.

I eventually had to find a dictionary in the house, bring it down and prove it to him.

He thought it was spelt "hypocampus", by the way.
__________________
"There is no I in team, but there are two in anal fisting"
Tomkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2006, 16:52   #7
All Systems Go
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: London
Posts: 3,348
All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Whats the stupidest argument you've ever had?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I remember arguing for about an hour with my friend about the correct spelling of "hippocampus".

The funny thing was he is dyslexic, so it was like having a sprinting race with a one legged man.

I eventually had to find a dictionary in the house, bring it down and prove it to him.

He thought it was spelt "hypocampus", by the way.
I thought this story would end with "and the bloody word didn't exist!"
__________________
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2006, 17:09   #8
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!
 
Hicks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 2,296
Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Whats the stupidest argument you've ever had?

I'm need to know what a hippocampus is now

A couple of years ago a guy called Andy joined my group of friends, one day we were over someone’s house drinking and someone mentioned that they'd been to see a gig inside of Battersea Power station. Andy flat out refused to believe that it was still there, the argument went on for about an hour, him against everyone else in the room, people were explaining that they'd gone past it on the train a few days ago, we looked it up on the Internet but he still refused to believe it was still there because of something he'd read in the paper about it being knocked down.

He's still a kind of a friend but everyone started to hate him for being a know it all after that incident and he stopped coming out with us, I'll have to ask him if he still believes it's been next time I see him.
__________________
Hicks
Mercury & Solace
Always [Fury]
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2006, 17:11   #9
Tomkat
:alpha:
 
Tomkat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: London, UK
Posts: 7,871
Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Whats the stupidest argument you've ever had?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
I'm need to know what a hippocampus is now
It's a part of the brain. He did Psychology so thought he knew, but he was wrong wrong wrong!
__________________
"There is no I in team, but there are two in anal fisting"
Tomkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2006, 17:13   #10
Dace
so f*cking zen
 
Dace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Hitting Bottom
Posts: 8,499
Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Whats the stupidest argument you've ever had?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephor
We argued for about an hour mainly about this point, mostly because we are both very stubborn. I'd maintain that it would take a very long time for one person to clean an oven with only the types of cleaning materials that are available to the average member of the public.

The last time i cleaned my oven it took me 3 hours. That was so not fun.
__________________
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
Dace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2006, 17:22   #11
Dace
so f*cking zen
 
Dace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Hitting Bottom
Posts: 8,499
Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Whats the stupidest argument you've ever had?

I work with a girl. We get on great. We used to sit beside each other and we both did the same job. Of course we went to the pub together and a good time was had by all. One day she stopped speaking to me. We still sat beside each other but she totally blanked me. I kept on trying to initiate conversation but nothing was doing. After a couple of months of this i gave up. All in all she didn't speak to me for 4 months.

I found out the next year, about 6 months after she started talking to me again, why she had decided to blank me.

One night in the pub I said that it was worse for a woman to cheat on a guy than it was for a guy to cheat on a girl. I said that a guy could have sex and it was generally just a physical thing but from what i'd heard woman tend to get emotionally attached when it comes to "making love". As such the guy's body may have been cheating but in the woman's case it was her heart that was being unfaithful. I quantified all this by saying that cheating was wrong no matter who was doing it it's just that i thought that when a woman cheated on a guy it was like shooting him in the kneecap before killing him whereas when a guy cheated on a woman it was just like killing her (that was the exact analogy i used).



FOUR - ****ING - MONTHS!!!
__________________
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
Dace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2006, 18:03   #12
Cannon_Fodder
Registered User
 
Cannon_Fodder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,175
Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Whats the stupidest argument you've ever had?

Someone can't handle the truth...
__________________
If one person is in delusion, they're called insane.
If many people are in delusion, it's called a religion.
Cannon_Fodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2006, 18:10   #13
SilverSmoke
Guy next door
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 4,746
SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Whats the stupidest argument you've ever had?

With co-workers during smoke break. Seriously discussing the amount of money it will take for you to go down on the most obese-gross co-worker of same sex around.
__________________
..look
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2006, 18:14   #14
Ste
Bored
 
Ste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Nottm ->Shef ->Croydon ->Manc ->Durham ->Sheffield
Posts: 6,505
Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Whats the stupidest argument you've ever had?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
With co-workers during smoke break. Seriously discussing the amount of money it will take for you to go down on the most obese-gross co-worker of same sex around.
And you felt rejected when everyone refused?
__________________
Wise men write because they have something to write about; fools write because they have to write something. - Plato

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2006, 19:24   #15
SilverSmoke
Guy next door
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 4,746
SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Whats the stupidest argument you've ever had?

Wait, what? Did Kurashima return?
__________________
..look
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2006, 19:33   #16
Ste
Bored
 
Ste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Nottm ->Shef ->Croydon ->Manc ->Durham ->Sheffield
Posts: 6,505
Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Whats the stupidest argument you've ever had?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
Wait, what? Did Kurashima return?
:crymeariver:
you just leave yourself open so often...
__________________
Wise men write because they have something to write about; fools write because they have to write something. - Plato

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2006, 19:41   #17
SilverSmoke
Guy next door
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 4,746
SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Whats the stupidest argument you've ever had?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
you just leave yourself open so often...

Yeah I know. The day I start to set up a fence in advantage is the day I'll feel like an everyday weakling. I'm not in highschool anymore.
__________________
..look
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2006, 19:44   #18
All Systems Go
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: London
Posts: 3,348
All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Whats the stupidest argument you've ever had?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
Yeah I know. The day I start to set up a fence in advantage is the day I'll feel like an everyday weakling. I'm not in highschool anymore.
WRONG! the correct reply would have been:

So does your mum.



__________________
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2006, 20:16   #19
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 858
hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Whats the stupidest argument you've ever had?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
I remember some 12 years ago maintaining for 24 hours that Jedi was pronounced Jedee.
With the E and I as in 'Estimate'? .. afaik that's how everybody else (besides the english) pronounce it. That weird 'I' (ai) sound you have is pretty unique.
__________________
Ni! M00!
my boring homepage
hyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2006, 20:17   #20
s|k
Caveat Lector
 
s|k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 3,043
s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Whats the stupidest argument you've ever had?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephor
A few months ago I argued with a friend about how long it'd take to (thoroughly) clean an oven, and after cleaning the oven whether or not you could restore it to the level of cleanliness it had been in when it was bought.

We argued for about an hour mainly about this point, mostly because we are both very stubborn. I'd maintain that it would take a very long time for one person to clean an oven with only the types of cleaning materials that are available to the average member of the public.
Some ovens are self cleaning. They get so hot that all the dirt and crusty food and such turns into ash and you just sweep it out. In that case it only takes about 30 minutes, if that. No elbow grease required, and it's like new, minus any scratches, dings, and other shit not fixed by cleaning.
__________________
Diomedes IRC
Blog
s|k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2006, 20:23   #21
Yahwe
I am.
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 6,580
Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Whats the stupidest argument you've ever had?

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
Some ovens are self cleaning. They get so hot that all the dirt and crusty food and such turns into ash and you just sweep it out. In that case it only takes about 30 minutes, if that. No elbow grease required, and it's like new, minus any scratches, dings, and other shit not fixed by cleaning.
some nations worry about their carbon footprint
__________________
hi
Yahwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2006, 20:41   #22
Ste
Bored
 
Ste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Nottm ->Shef ->Croydon ->Manc ->Durham ->Sheffield
Posts: 6,505
Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Whats the stupidest argument you've ever had?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
some nations worry about their carbon footprint
it's just a different type of material that heats up more in the oven. No more electricity is used afaik.
__________________
Wise men write because they have something to write about; fools write because they have to write something. - Plato

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2006, 21:00   #23
Tomkat
:alpha:
 
Tomkat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: London, UK
Posts: 7,871
Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Whats the stupidest argument you've ever had?

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
Yes, they're called women!
__________________
"There is no I in team, but there are two in anal fisting"
Tomkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2006, 21:06   #24
Dante Hicks
Clerk
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 13,941
Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Whats the stupidest argument you've ever had?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
it's just a different type of material that heats up more in the oven. No more electricity is used afaik.
I'm not sure you could heat up an oven up to 482 degrees centigrade without using more electricity than normal. However they appear to balance that against being better insulated so overall they probably are more efficient than normal.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2006, 21:44   #25
Ste
Bored
 
Ste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Nottm ->Shef ->Croydon ->Manc ->Durham ->Sheffield
Posts: 6,505
Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Whats the stupidest argument you've ever had?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I'm not sure you could heat up an oven up to 482 degrees centigrade without using more electricity than normal. However they appear to balance that against being better insulated so overall they probably are more efficient than normal.
having read the above link i'm confused
__________________
Wise men write because they have something to write about; fools write because they have to write something. - Plato

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2006, 21:48   #26
Yahwe
I am.
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 6,580
Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Whats the stupidest argument you've ever had?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I'm not sure you could heat up an oven up to 482 degrees centigrade without using more electricity than normal. However they appear to balance that against being better insulated so overall they probably are more efficient than normal.
you don't make sense.

but yes I noticed the claim that their so called improved insulation makes a difference.

I am not convinced.
__________________
hi
Yahwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2006, 21:54   #27
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word
 
Phang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: I'm No Nino Rota
Posts: 5,924
Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Whats the stupidest argument you've ever had?

better insulation means less heat loss means greater efficiency, however heating to a higher temperature means greater heat loss thus less efficiency, and the two cancel out.
__________________
Efficiency, efficiency they say
Get to know the date and tell the time of day
As the crowds begin complaining
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2006, 21:56   #28
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods
 
MrL_JaKiri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 23,483
MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Whats the stupidest argument you've ever had?

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
I think his argument went something like 'you're body couldn't cope with it and you would die' or something. to which I replied 'George Best.'
George Best's continued living sure showed him!
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2006, 22:00   #29
Yahwe
I am.
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 6,580
Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Whats the stupidest argument you've ever had?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
better insulation means less heat loss means greater efficiency, however heating to a higher temperature means greater heat loss thus less efficiency, and the two cancel out.
IF your logic is correct and they do cancel out THEN it is incorrect to describe one as "more efficient"

Regardless I can not see how an increase in insulation compensates for the extra period of being on nor for being on during that period at such an incredible heat.
__________________
hi
Yahwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2006, 22:00   #30
s|k
Caveat Lector
 
s|k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 3,043
s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Whats the stupidest argument you've ever had?

Also I've cleaned enough ovens by hand to know that you can get them pretty damned clean, come to think of it.
__________________
Diomedes IRC
Blog
s|k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2006, 22:08   #31
Dante Hicks
Clerk
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 13,941
Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Whats the stupidest argument you've ever had?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
you don't make sense.
I didn't mean to imply it perfectly balanced, but the general usage might tend towards it being more efficient overall if you didn't use the self-cleaning feature too much (I think one article mentions once a month).
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2006, 22:14   #32
All Systems Go
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: London
Posts: 3,348
All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Whats the stupidest argument you've ever had?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
George Best's continued living sure showed him!
George Best was only an alcoholic for a year?

__________________
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2006, 22:16   #33
Yahwe
I am.
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 6,580
Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Whats the stupidest argument you've ever had?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I didn't mean to imply it perfectly balanced, but the general usage might tend towards it being more efficient overall if you didn't use the self-cleaning feature too much (I think one article mentions once a month).
I can't help but think that it is best not to use the feature at all.
__________________
hi
Yahwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2006, 22:48   #34
milo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,094
milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Whats the stupidest argument you've ever had?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
some nations worry about their carbon footprint

Whats that got to do with anything?
__________________
boobs
milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2006, 22:53   #35
Cannon_Fodder
Registered User
 
Cannon_Fodder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,175
Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Whats the stupidest argument you've ever had?

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo
Whats that got to do with anything?
He was taking the piss out of america for using a method of cleaning that uses vasts amounts of energy (and thus contributes to global warming etc) rather than using some oven cleaner and a bit of elbow grease.
__________________
If one person is in delusion, they're called insane.
If many people are in delusion, it's called a religion.
Cannon_Fodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2006, 22:57   #36
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile
 
SYMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Living on a Stair (Now Sword-less)
Posts: 2,371
SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Whats the stupidest argument you've ever had?

At the place I used to work, we had ovens that had a robotic arm inside (detachable, when cooking) that when put on the cleaning cycle, would squirt water all round the inside of the oven. Then the oven would fill with soap bubbles and soak for 20 minutes, then the water would come back on again to rinse it off.
It was quite cool to watch.
__________________
--SYMM--
Ba Ba Ti Ki Di Do
SYMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2006, 23:00   #37
milo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,094
milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Whats the stupidest argument you've ever had?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon_Fodder
He was taking the piss out of america for using a method of cleaning that uses vasts amounts of energy (and thus contributes to global warming etc) rather than using some oven cleaner and a bit of elbow grease.

Apart from the whole carbon footprint thing being little more than a moral panic* the use of electricity in this instance** could come from entirely non carbon releasing sources. The percentage of electricity produced using nuclear power in france and germany is higher than britain (for example) so 'carbon footprint' arguments across nations in terms of whitegoods usage is pretty meaningless

*cows contribute fairly substantially to methane emmisions, kill all cows!
** electric ovens were described in the link
__________________
boobs
milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2006, 23:04   #38
Cannon_Fodder
Registered User
 
Cannon_Fodder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,175
Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Whats the stupidest argument you've ever had?

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo
Apart from the whole carbon footprint thing being little more than a moral panic* the use of electricity in this instance** could come from entirely non carbon releasing sources. The percentage of electricity produced using nuclear power in france and germany is higher than britain (for example) so 'carbon footprint' arguments across nations in terms of whitegoods usage is pretty meaningless

*cows contribute fairly substantially to methane emmisions, kill all cows!
** electric ovens were described in the link
I believe the ovens in question are used in america (s|k started it) and I don't believe much of their energy comes from non-carbon releasing sources.

Secondly it was yahwes insult.
__________________
If one person is in delusion, they're called insane.
If many people are in delusion, it's called a religion.
Cannon_Fodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2006, 23:08   #39
Dante Hicks
Clerk
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 13,941
Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Whats the stupidest argument you've ever had?

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo
the use of electricity in this instance** could come from entirely non carbon releasing sources.
Most tarrifs don't give you the choice and so you've got to presume that even if "this" bit of electricity was carbon free another bit which will be used elsewhere wouldn't be.
Quote:
cows contribute fairly substantially to methane emmisions, kill all cows!
This is a bit silly.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2006, 23:17   #40
milo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,094
milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Whats the stupidest argument you've ever had?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Most tarrifs don't give you the choice and so you've got to presume that even if "this" bit of electricity was carbon free another bit which will be used elsewhere wouldn't be.
If it bothers anyone that much they should just become entirely energy self suffecient (solar panels etc), my point was theres always 'an evil' you could care about the 'carbon footprint' but produce and have an irradiated hole in the ground for the next 100 thousand years.


Quote:
This is a bit silly.

Why? theres a growing hysteria about reducing your carbon footprint because the earth will blow up, cows contribute fairly substantially to global warming but you don't here anyone suggesting a reduction in beef production.
__________________
boobs
milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2006, 23:33   #41
Raging.Retard
Street Tramp
 
Raging.Retard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Street Gutter
Posts: 341
Raging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant future
Re: Whats the stupidest argument you've ever had?

A stupid argument on an internet forum about a TV advert.
__________________
Chimney Pots.
Raging.Retard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2006, 23:53   #42
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 858
hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Whats the stupidest argument you've ever had?

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo
Why? theres a growing hysteria about reducing your carbon footprint because the earth will blow up, cows contribute fairly substantially to global warming but you don't here anyone suggesting a reduction in beef production.
I'm always unsure wether people using this argument are really serious or not.. because it really is quite a stupid argument.

Obviously, the CO2 cows release come from grass, and would ultimately have been produced through the grass rottening anyways. It's part of the bloody cycle. The CO2 from oil on the other hand, haven't been part of the cycle for 'a few' years, and thus actually adds to the amount of CO2 long-term.
__________________
Ni! M00!
my boring homepage
hyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2006, 23:54   #43
Dante Hicks
Clerk
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 13,941
Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Whats the stupidest argument you've ever had?

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo
If it bothers anyone that much they should just become entirely energy self suffecient (solar panels etc)
It's debatable that anyone can easily become energy self-sufficient (you can produce a surplus of electricity over time, but once you consider how much of that would be lost in transmission vs the energy costs in making the physical items in your home I'm not sure if you would genuinely be self-sufficient). But what's your point anyway? That there are no energy problems? That we shouldn't really worry about carbon emissions because there's always problems?
Quote:
my point was theres always 'an evil' you could care about the 'carbon footprint' but produce and have an irradiated hole in the ground for the next 100 thousand years.
I don't really understand what you mean here. Yes, any energy production is going to have some drawbacks (probably). So what? So we shouldn't try to save energy?
Quote:
but you don't here anyone suggesting a reduction in beef production.
Of course you do, you lunatic. Environmentalists are always going on about how we should reduce meat consumption for a whole bunch of reasons.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2006, 00:41   #44
Snurx
Dirte
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 5,573
Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Whats the stupidest argument you've ever had?

I once spent a entire evening, almost loosing a good friend, over money. That was stupid.
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2006, 00:42   #45
milo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,094
milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Whats the stupidest argument you've ever had?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyfe
I'm always unsure wether people using this argument are really serious or not.. because it really is quite a stupid argument.

Obviously, the CO2 cows release come from grass, and would ultimately have been produced through the grass rottening anyways. It's part of the bloody cycle. The CO2 from oil on the other hand, haven't been part of the cycle for 'a few' years, and thus actually adds to the amount of CO2 long-term.
Really? I seem to remember my chemical ideas/storylines alevel texts saying the rainforests that are destroyed to rear cattle are 'carbon stores' and the burning to grow grass doesn't even begin to account for the loss. Besides the CO2 emmision from cows isn't really the point, its the methane they produce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I don't really understand what you mean here. Yes, any energy production is going to have some drawbacks (probably). So what? So we shouldn't try to save energy?
Without resorting to wholly renewable sources of energy we're always going to effect the earth in some manner, we reduce the carbon footprint but increase the nuclear one etc. There probably would be some benefit in setting ever decreasing maximum amounts of powerusage in white goods, but my point isn't about 'power saving' but rather its production.

You essentially choose what evil bothers you less - unless you become self suffecient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Of course you do, you lunatic. Environmentalists are always going on about how we should reduce meat consumption for a whole bunch of reasons.


Yeah but they're usually along the lines of 'cows have human feelings don't hurt them' etc. I haven't heard of any environmental nutters calling for the slaughter of cows to help the earth, and if there is no meat/dairy production i really can't see the point in cows since they don't exist in the wild anymore.
__________________
boobs
milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2006, 00:46   #46
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician
 
vampire_lestat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: At the very edge of existance
Posts: 1,803
vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Whats the stupidest argument you've ever had?

just out of curiosity: why don't people just store neuclear waste up on a plant in the middle of some ocean or another then shoot it into the sun in a rocket. sure we'd have some emmisions from the firing of the rocket, but if all the rest of the power was produced by neuclear sources then we'd make a net reduction, with no negative effects on the planet (and a bit of depeated uranium is hardly going to damage the sun any is it?)
__________________
I think I just had an evilgasm
vampire_lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2006, 01:17   #47
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word
 
Phang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: I'm No Nino Rota
Posts: 5,924
Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Whats the stupidest argument you've ever had?

and if it goes wrong in the atmosphere most of the planet gets irradiated and dies. that's why.
__________________
Efficiency, efficiency they say
Get to know the date and tell the time of day
As the crowds begin complaining
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2006, 01:32   #48
s|k
Caveat Lector
 
s|k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 3,043
s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Whats the stupidest argument you've ever had?

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo
Yeah but they're usually along the lines of 'cows have human feelings don't hurt them' etc.
No this is wrong. Many environmentalist, ecologists, etc will admit that feeding grain to cattle and then eating the cattle is a huge energy inefficiency.
Quote:
Originally Posted by milo
I haven't heard of any environmental nutters calling for the slaughter of cows to help the earth, and if there is no meat/dairy production i really can't see the point in cows since they don't exist in the wild anymore.
You know, I usually like your posts but not in this thread, my suggestion is to read more about it. Reducing the amount of cattle is not just about arguments for humane treatment. Calorie counters will give you the numbers, they're pretty shocking, as is most of the bullshit that we try to ignore when it comes to the environment (loss of areable land, nutrients being washed into the ocean, the fact that the marine environment is massively overfished, etc). It is a pretty dire situation, a whole shit load of 'inconvient truth'.
__________________
Diomedes IRC
Blog
s|k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2006, 01:53   #49
milo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,094
milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Whats the stupidest argument you've ever had?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantoz
Damn, that's a silly thing to say. Why didn't you bother to check it out even a little bit before making that worthless and false comment?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environ..._vegetarianism

The ecological argument is in my opinion the only reason for vegetarianism that has any intrinsic value.

You live and learn, although im unconvinced by the argument that vegetarianism is the solution to everything, even the wiki article points out what rice farming does. Living on only 'organic/free range/rain fed/sun kissed' plants paints the picture of a pretty dire sovietesque society where yearly harvests mean a great deal. Im not sure how we're meant to be saved and globally fed when the surplusses produced by capitalist intensivism is taken away. Even then theres still a trade off, you may reduce intensive farming but the acreage of land used will increase - and that will have its own negative impact.
__________________
boobs
milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2006, 07:34   #50
Yahwe
I am.
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 6,580
Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Whats the stupidest argument you've ever had?

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo
Yeah but they're usually along the lines of 'cows have human feelings don't hurt them' etc. I haven't heard of any environmental nutters calling for the slaughter of cows to help the earth, and if there is no meat/dairy production i really can't see the point in cows since they don't exist in the wild anymore.
Going on your last few posts in this thread I would advise you that people in glass houses shouldn't throw the word 'nutter' around.
__________________
hi
Yahwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 18:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2002 - 2018