User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 7 Jun 2009, 19:14   #51
Gerbie2
Alive and kicking

Gerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to all
Re: Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil View Post
.... Simplify the registration (2 emails is a turndown for anyone). People should click the ad, click registration and start playing. Put the game 3 clicks away from the ad. ...
I'd love to know how many planets are created, put in a galaxy and the player never logs in. At least make is so that the planet is not created (or put in a galaxy) untill the player actually logs in. No confirmation email required, the fact that he logs into his account verifies that he has the emailadress where the password was sent to.
Gerbie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2009, 19:22   #52
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbie2 View Post
I'd love to know how many planets are created, put in a galaxy and the player never logs in. At least make is so that the planet is not created (or put in a galaxy) untill the player actually logs in. No confirmation email required, the fact that he logs into his account verifies that he has the emailadress where the password was sent to.
All planets after tick 72 sign up straight to C200.
Unread 9 Jun 2009, 00:01   #53
Sebos

Sebos is a jewel in the roughSebos is a jewel in the roughSebos is a jewel in the rough

Surly raising the price of the game is bad since tbh we have seen no real improvements as of yet, more noise is being made and the site has had a make over which are all good things and money is being invested in advertising which is imho where it should be invested. however there is still a lot of downtime and still game play issues people will already find the £5 quid off putting in fact i have met many players who are in their first rounds who say " i am playing free to see how it goes will upgrade if i play next round".

With the proposed marketing plan and projected influx of players assuming the cost of running the game does not change surly the increased player base will provide you the income you need to pay Cin. This achieves two goals 1) increases the player base and 2) pays cin while keeping the community happy
Sebos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2009, 17:33   #54
Dogs

Dogs has a spectacular aura aboutDogs has a spectacular aura aboutDogs has a spectacular aura about

You are thinking about the higher pricing far to much, the more money you charge per account the less players will play giving you about the same income as every round due to the price increase and you will be back to square one.

Try reducing the cost of planetarion, that way you will get more players, more money income, a better playable game.

And this is just an example but even World of Warcraft is cheaper than planetarion and planetarion doesnt even touch that game and its graphics and effects and such the like. And yet WoW is still gaining people and proffit, so perhaps u should think along the lines of definetly reducing the cost not raising it.
Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2009, 18:30   #55
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsGrowl View Post

And this is just an example but even World of Warcraft is cheaper than planetarion and planetarion doesnt even touch that game and its graphics and effects and such the like. And yet WoW is still gaining people and proffit, so perhaps u should think along the lines of definetly reducing the cost not raising it.
Please enlighten me on how WoW that costs 10(?) euros a month is cheaper than paying 5£ for 7 weeks of planetarion ? On top of that you have the one time fee of Buying World of Warcraft+Expansions.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2009, 18:39   #56
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsGrowl View Post
I do think that the majority of EVE (and PA) are older than 20 and are a little more mature with regards to the game (apart from the goons), and WoW are mostly below 20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin
i haven't said i "want" anything
Is it "need"?

It all comes down to money, with EVE your looking at millions (ish) a month. They sure can afford all the designers, programmers and have lots of people discussing the way the game should go (short term v long term).

PA is down to two entities 1) The PATeam 2) The community (with some in the middle). When the PAteam propose a new feature, its pretty hard for the community to change the PATeams mind.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2009, 09:34   #57
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
I do think that the majority of EVE (and PA) are older than 20 and are a little more mature with regards to the game (apart from the goons), and WoW are mostly below 20.
You're vastly wrong here. Almost everyone I play with is over 20, and it's a pretty big and diverse group.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2009, 06:35   #58
cknight725
[ND] for Life

cknight725 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool View Post

Also and last from me when you take into acount the increased downtime periods we've had with the last round, I most certainly don't see why people would be keen on paying extra for the game.
This is the biggest reason not to raise anything just yet -- its perhaps counterintuitive but we need a free round or two to simultaneously hook new players and really load test the game infrastructure -- I can tell you that even with the current prices, every time there is a down time my initial reaction is "Why am I paying for THIS?" Yes, the fee really is nominal (even your proposed increase) in comparison to other online games, but when I pay for a game - regardless of cost, there is an expectation of professional support and service level. This expectation was absolutely not met in R30 and R31.
Unread 18 Jun 2009, 16:45   #59
zPeti

zPeti has a spectacular aura aboutzPeti has a spectacular aura aboutzPeti has a spectacular aura about

I have decided on a very minimal increase in prices, which I hope everyone is ok with.

I will see what effect it has, and modify accordingly the round after.

1 credit will cost £5.57
3 credits will cost £12.07
zPeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2009, 22:33   #60
Reese
If not never; then once.

Reese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud of

HEY ZPETI

get rid of those terrible new log in questions, math was better. Just FYI, those sentences dont load at all on my phone... So if you only have those stupid sentence questions some ppl wont be able to play from phone.. Also there is no link to the stats, no one "new" is going to know what race a certain ship is, or what a certain ship fires at. They are too hard for the "average" player.

Math only please! (Or at least something that doesnt require you to search for an answer on another page)
Unread 18 Jun 2009, 22:41   #61
world

world is an unknown quantity at this point

reese its called maths not math.
world is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2009, 23:00   #62
Reese
If not never; then once.

Reese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by world View Post
Thank you for your contribution.

Unread 18 Jun 2009, 23:01   #63
vuLgAr
Bi-Winning

vuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by world View Post
Math is used colloquially in English-speaking North America as a shortened form of the word mathematics, in the same way as "maths" is used in the UK, Australia, New Zealand, etc.

Back on topic.

As for the price increases, no sane person is ever going to be happy with paying more for anything nor would they say that they'd be willing too unless given no other alternative.

H-A ODDR Apprime xVx VisioN HEROES Ultores
vuLgAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2009, 23:39   #64
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Finally some change. If the PA team has logs for how many failed login attempts over the years i've done...
Unread 19 Jun 2009, 11:47   #65
Phoenix

Phoenix will become famous soon enoughPhoenix will become famous soon enough

Interesting thread.

I posted in another thread a short while ago about the most effective method (Based on current market trends) of advertising PA. This method of advertising would be best of all, free.

zPeti, I'm happy to offer my expertise to help build the PA Brand....drop me a PM if you'd like to discuss.

Phx.
Round 31 - ND
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 2009, 14:11   #66
ricoshay
Save energy: Be apathetic

ricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by V*Messiah View Post
As for the price increases, no sane person is ever going to be happy with paying more for anything nor would they say that they'd be willing too unless given no other alternative.
I wouldn't care paying a pound more if the damn game would stay up all round without any downtime, the stats would be decent, there wouldn't be any short anouncements like Fiery's recent one that doesn't give any detail on the rule and serious improvements towards the community were made.
Unread 19 Jun 2009, 15:02   #67
Gabriel
Gabba gabba hey hey

Gabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura about

I haven't seen a thread about it anywhere else, I like the new portal design
Gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 2009, 21:20   #68
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V*Messiah View Post
Back on topic.

Back off topic.

A restaurant opened relatively recently in London where the owner made basic Italian dishes (pasta etc). He didn't charge anyone anything officially; the bills simply said something along the lines of "Pay what you think this meal was worth". His findings were that generally people paid significantly more than he would have charged for the meals if they were a set price.

Just thought that was interesting!

Back on topic.

I'm happy to pay more money for the game. I'd probably pay up to about £10 before citing the cost as a reason to not play.
Unread 20 Jun 2009, 00:00   #69
DragonKing

DragonKing is a name known to allDragonKing is a name known to allDragonKing is a name known to allDragonKing is a name known to allDragonKing is a name known to allDragonKing is a name known to all

okay here is my idea on how to make more money

in addtion to the normal upgrade add in 1 shot selectable bonuses sveral ideas below:

double constution speed for x ticks (24 maybe)
double reserch speed for x ticks (24 maybe)
double mining for x ticks (8 possible)
double production speed for x ticks (no idea tbh)
hidden from scans for x ticks (24 ?)
x amount of any ship in the game ( more for fun a cat with 20k clocked ships or 15k dragons wouldnt unblance the game too much and would let people have some fun)

each account would be limited to say 5 in total, and each one costs £1 but they can be used at any time and make them so you can buy just one at a time, oh look pay day an extra 2 pound in my account lets get some new stuff on PA over the weekend.

Round 27 28 HA DC BC, 29 VGN DC, 30 ND DC, 31 32 HA head DC,
Round 33 34 35 ND DC
Round 36 37 38 ND HC DC
Round 39 to Forever ND DC
DragonKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2009, 00:19   #70
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonKing View Post
okay here is my idea on how to make more money

in addtion to the normal upgrade add in 1 shot selectable bonuses sveral ideas below:

double constution speed for x ticks (24 maybe)
double reserch speed for x ticks (24 maybe)
double mining for x ticks (8 possible)
double production speed for x ticks (no idea tbh)
hidden from scans for x ticks (24 ?)
x amount of any ship in the game ( more for fun a cat with 20k clocked ships or 15k dragons wouldnt unblance the game too much and would let people have some fun)

each account would be limited to say 5 in total, and each one costs £1 but they can be used at any time and make them so you can buy just one at a time, oh look pay day an extra 2 pound in my account lets get some new stuff on PA over the weekend.
Yes and no. Micropayments are the way forward, but they should not rely upon such gameplay influencing features. Instead, make micro payments for comfort functions - f.e. sms notifications, a friendlist, target search functions and more stuff like that. Basically everything that does simplify managing your game, but nothing that creates superiority.
Unread 20 Jun 2009, 00:36   #71
DragonKing

DragonKing is a name known to allDragonKing is a name known to allDragonKing is a name known to allDragonKing is a name known to allDragonKing is a name known to allDragonKing is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless View Post
. sms notifications, a friendlist, target search functions and more stuff like that. Basically everything that does simplify managing your game, but nothing that creates superiority.
I like the idea of sms notifications, a friendlist would be nice and ofc the long await passport system. I am sure there are also more ideas.
But i have to argue when you say my idea create superiority with the exception of the double mining, the others would allow the average player on a day off to devote a bit more time get a few extra buildings an extra reserch done, and maybe have some fun landing one or two attcks simply because it is impossible to scan you or gaining an extra bit on slavage because you have a little extra help your attacker wasnt expecting, hell even an extra fleet slow for x ticks. As long as you limit how long each one last and set a maxium for how many bonus totaol you can use per round i doubt it would really affect game balance, or create superiority

Round 27 28 HA DC BC, 29 VGN DC, 30 ND DC, 31 32 HA head DC,
Round 33 34 35 ND DC
Round 36 37 38 ND HC DC
Round 39 to Forever ND DC
DragonKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2009, 01:29   #72
Gabriel
Gabba gabba hey hey

Gabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat View Post
Back off topic.

A restaurant opened relatively recently in London where the owner made basic Italian dishes (pasta etc). He didn't charge anyone anything officially; the bills simply said something along the lines of "Pay what you think this meal was worth". His findings were that generally people paid significantly more than he would have charged for the meals if they were a set price.

Just thought that was interesting!

Back on topic.

I'm happy to pay more money for the game. I'd probably pay up to about £10 before citing the cost as a reason to not play.
Reminds me with what happened when the game was going to end and people donated to Lunar_Lamp for funding the new one.
Gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote