Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 7 Sep 2004, 15:31   #151
Gryffin
Squiqchef Hextrodinaire

Gryffin is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The Thread

[ooc] Hazah! Tally-ho!! [/ooc]

*Gryffin smoothly pivots his craft while his navigator marks enemy craft with his targeting radar, and transfers them to Gryffin's HUD. Selecting his longer range missiles, Gryffin begin systematically targeting one hostile at a time, and firing off missiles at them, ignoring for now the missile lock-on warning tones and flashing lights on his display. He wanted those enemies trying to get his missiles of them, rather than firing more at him him. After he as used all his long range stuff, he begins pulling his craft through a series of high G turns, banks and dives, throwing out physical and electronic counter-measures to distract the incoming warheads. His missiles scratch two of the enemy ships, and damage another, while the others miss. His wingmates' missiles are also successful, taking out more than half the enemy formation. The new guidance systems the boffins had been working on had obviously not been countered yet. However, the enemy had not mssed their marks either, and several little boxes on a display to his left were now showing red, telling him which craft were down. Thankfully his wingman was still there, and from the muted noise from his nav's headset, still talking. No comms failures yet, a miricle. The formation leap to afterburner and begin closing the distance to bring their shorter range missiles and projectile guns into play before the aliens can escape with their sensor logs. The last think they needed was for the aliens to improve their ECM again.*

<mintos> I got to stop talking
Gryffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2004, 12:45   #152
mrmao
oh...sexy...

mrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the rough

*mr mao thinks now what haqven't seen this one, the women who was hurting him seems to be looking lovenly at him. wow shes a little off her rocker he thinks*
Unread 8 Sep 2004, 16:57   #153
ASME
DarkStar

ASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really nice

ASME loosm around his small room and at the notes covering most if not all the space that there is... then he looks at the proton accelerator, and wonders why in the world he didnt build a nuclear compacter while he was at it. Sitting down at the table wiht the most mess and the actuall accelerator on, ASME picks up one of his tools and begins making minute adjustments to the circuits. And after 10 minuites he puts his tools down. thinking carefully ASME takes his handheld cold fussion reactor and connects the two together and with the flick of switch he powers the accelerator up, and after a fleeting second off doubt the accelerator starts working... "YES!" shouts ASME, powering down the accelerator, ASME turns out the light and heads to the kitchen to get himself some breakfast.

Slaves to Armok II: Dwarf Fortress.
ASME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2004, 17:46   #154
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmao
*mr mao thinks now what haqven't seen this one, the women who was hurting him seems to be looking lovenly at him. wow shes a little off her rocker he thinks*
Try, bleeding, harder.
Unread 10 Sep 2004, 04:31   #155
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Ur_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Kama-Ka-C
Ur Quan
*Twhack* *whump* *Biff* and other Batman comic-styled "sound" effects, reverberate through your head for a couple seconds, your trainer is in a heap overshooting the turn on the track, three other mechs are tangled further along, minature domino effect. The first scrabbles back up and dashes back to laps before the second pair are barely aware, though they soon join him. And try as you may, for some reason your trainer has shut itself down. Hitting the safety releases and emergency exit type hatch swings open with a sort of "hiss", you scramble out and find the coach fellow there, holding a "remote trainer deactivator" looking device.

So you messed up, no biggy, it was pretty much a given, the coach fellow would however like you to finish the laps before you retire for the evening, which isn't too bad, since you made good progress before you embarassingly collapsed, that only leaves 3 and a bit laps to go, on foot, btw, because the coach is into that "determine the determination stick" of his pupils.

*Plot Event - Character proving*
You've kind of got the choice here, finish up by foot like the coach is apparently sadistically requesting of you, if so, probably leading to his "good books", otherwise, refuse on the grounds of human descency, or come up with a fairly tongue in cheek remark about, sleep now, work harder tomorrow.
"WHAT DO YOU MEAN ON FOOT?! HAVE YOU ANY IDEA AS TO WHAT A FREAK LONG DISTANCE THAT IS?! EVEN A MECH TAKES UPTO 10 MINUTES TO DO JUST ONE LAP AND YOU WANT ME TO DO 3 OF THOSE ON FOOT??
AND WHAT ABOUT SAFETY HMMM??? YOU REALLY EXPECT ME TO RUN THERE WHILE A HORDE OF MECHS THAT WEIGH AT LEAST 60 TONNES EACH RACES PAST? ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND??
IT WAS YOUR STUPID IDEA TO RUN AROUND WITH THE FRIGGIN STABILISERS DEACTIVATED IN THE FIRST PLACE, SO DON'T BLAME ALL THIS ON ME!! EITHER YOU REACTIVE MY MECH AND LET ME FINISH THOSE LAPS IN IT OR I'LL JUST BE OFF TO BED! I GOT MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO DO THEN RUN AROUND A FIELD THE SIZE OF SEVERAL CITY BLOCKS!!", Urk-1 yelled at the coach.
Unread 14 Dec 2004, 13:27   #156
ASME
DarkStar

ASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really nice

ooc- pokes thread with a barge pole , what... i have thing with long gone threads... -ooc

Slaves to Armok II: Dwarf Fortress.
ASME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2004, 16:49   #157
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

oi, leave this corpse alone ye nasty rapist.
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 20:26   #158
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

Evil_Ginge has a little shameless behaviour in the past

:: revives corpse :: i need this thread

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Pestilance, Head of Internal Affairs at the Psychic Academy

Proud owner of K8 Advanced AI Tia
Evil_Ginge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 23:17   #159
Gryffin
Squiqchef Hextrodinaire

Gryffin is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, DM me, damnit, I have 2 weeks before I go back to Durham, and I don't want to be bored...

<mintos> I got to stop talking
Gryffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 23:56   #160
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts

I'd probably start posting again if other people did.
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 00:07   #161
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Ur_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the rough

We-ell... I'm not going to post again until they DM me.
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 00:28   #162
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

J-Kama-Ka-C is on a distinguished road

Hmm, I'll discuss it with my learned friend.

It has such great potential.