User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 3 Jan 2008, 00:27   #351
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: A Plane Problem

surely it would prevent the plane going forward as fast as it should because it's weight is on it's wheels? I mean if you were to turn the plane off and turn the treadmill off, it'd move backwards. The plane's weight is still on the treadmill, it depends on how much friction there is between the wheels and the runway but I think it would still move forward and then take off \o/
Unread 3 Jan 2008, 13:18   #352
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The plane won't take off because it will fall off the end of the world.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2008, 16:19   #353
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
ah, yes, but, if there is no true up or down in the universe, could the plane not be taking off by "falling" off the edge? i look forward to your reply and 9 more pages.
Not if it get stuck in the eye of one of the four elephants on which the flat world rests.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 3 Jan 2008, 16:22   #354
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

By the way, this thread is a shining example of why GD is ultimately not a particularly friendly/welcoming place.

Ignoring the whole "will it/won't it take off" argument (I said IGNORING IT); Kenny entered with his own opinion on a topic. Hardly anyone bothered to actually dispute it properly with him. He was ridiculed and bullied, and probably won't bother to return for some time.
Sure, you might say "well it's his own fault, he didnt read the thread". The point is that noone has proved an answer in this. Jakiri gave his reasoning for his answer, and because you all regard him as a fissicks-wizz then you all took that as "proof" for him being right (noone wished to dispute it). Reading the thread does not make Kenny wrong or right.

Kenny's point, that you all seem to have conveniently glossed over, is that this theory has not been proven and if you did a google of this, you would see that people all over the internet have been having the same discussion (often a lot more qualified than our resident MrL_Jakiri - such as aeronautical engineers, physics phds, pilots, etc) and still haven't come up with the answer. With that in mind, you have all told Kenny that he is wrong and bullied him out of the thread.

Not very constructive, welcoming or friendly. No wonder this little corner of the internet is almost dead. You're all so intent on showing off by putting others down with who-can-make-the-snidest-putdown. Congratulations... you're all very very clever
Unread 3 Jan 2008, 16:24   #355
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
By the way, this thread is a shining example of why GD is ultimately not a particularly friendly/welcoming place.

Ignoring the whole "will it/won't it take off" argument (I said IGNORING IT); Kenny entered with his own opinion on a topic. Hardly anyone bothered to actually dispute it properly with him. He was ridiculed and bullied, and probably won't bother to return for some time.
Sure, you might say "well it's his own fault, he didnt read the thread". The point is that noone has proved an answer in this. Jakiri gave his reasoning for his answer, and because you all regard him as a fissicks-wizz then you all took that as "proof" for him being right (noone wished to dispute it). Reading the thread does not make Kenny wrong or right.

Kenny's point, that you all seem to have conveniently glossed over, is that this theory has not been proven and if you did a google of this, you would see that people all over the internet have been having the same discussion (often a lot more qualified than our resident MrL_Jakiri - such as aeronautical engineers, physics phds, pilots, etc) and still haven't come up with the answer. With that in mind, you have all told Kenny that he is wrong and bullied him out of the thread.

Not very constructive, welcoming or friendly. No wonder this little corner of the internet is almost dead. You're all so intent on showing off by putting others down with who-can-make-the-snidest-putdown. Congratulations... you're all very very clever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny
As it turns out, after reading all the pages in the thread ( ), the question is pointless and therefore my arguments are invalid. That doesn't make them lacking in logic, it just means I've wasted time.

But hey, seeing as that's the point of forums I wont feel too hard done by.
Unread 3 Jan 2008, 18:58   #356
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

hey i wonder how many negreps kenny has received in this thread...!
Unread 3 Jan 2008, 19:15   #357
All Systems Go

I wonder how many people wish this thread would stop returning from the dead with people repeating the same arguments that have filled the last seven pages?

Kenny has been about for over two years (but not as long as this thread!), I think he might know the score by now. If hye wants to he can stay but that he has you fighting his corner is laughable.

If you had your way the forum would be made up entirely of spam-bots making spam threads trying to sell other spam-bots spam-mass-produced junk. It's fair enough to say we should be more welcoming to new members but you would happily take in every BASIC macro you could find.
Unread 3 Jan 2008, 19:41   #358
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
It's basic common courtesy to read through a thread before posting in it. It's the same on most forums. So apologies if no-one cries a river over the issue.
Unread 3 Jan 2008, 22:18   #359
Tomkat

Furball you know that when noone posts on here any more then all that power you have will essentially be useless...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
I wonder how many people wish this thread would stop returning from the dead with people repeating the same arguments that have filled the last seven pages?
Yeah, it's really spamming up the place having a thread kept up in that top page. I mean, it only takes 2.5 weeks for a thread to move to the second page!

Quote:
Kenny has been about for over two years (but not as long as this thread!), I think he might know the score by now. If hye wants to he can stay but that he has you fighting his corner is laughable.
I'm not "fighting his corner". GD has degraded into what is effectively 15 regular posters, 10 of which spend most of their time posting snide remarks to each other and new users. If I wanted to experience that, I could sit with my year 9 pupils in the canteen.

Quote:
If you had your way the forum would be made up entirely of spam-bots making spam threads trying to sell other spam-bots spam-mass-produced junk.
I've only ever once seriously defended a spambot (and I didn't realise) - the others were because mods closed threads purely because they were started by a spambot yet were generating worthwhile discussion. If you can't see why this is a dense thing to do, I despair
Unread 3 Jan 2008, 22:23   #360
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
For the love of god man they tried it and the plane took off can we not just accept it and move on

In fact I believe they're doing it on Mythbusters on January 30th!
Unread 3 Jan 2008, 23:17   #361
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I remember a time when there were really 13 threads constantly competing for the top post, with heated discussions in it and the 'i am sorry but you can only post one message every 30 seconds' thingy.
Unread 3 Jan 2008, 23:20   #362
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yeah whoever thought that the steady decline of an online game would be matched by the steady decline of that online game's forums.
Unread 4 Jan 2008, 00:36   #363
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
For the love of god man they tried it and the plane took off can we not just accept it and move on
Quote:
Ignoring the whole "will it/won't it take off" argument (I said IGNORING IT)
I know the Irish have a reputation for not being particularly bright, but really...?
Unread 4 Jan 2008, 01:12   #364
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Yeah whoever thought that the steady decline of an online game would be matched by the steady decline of that online game's forums.
The forums itself, and especially GD, has an overrepresentation of non-gaming members ever since the Pay2Play concept came in round 5.

It is when we as a group started becoming shit, with Yahwe has most shining example when the real decline set in.
Unread 4 Jan 2008, 02:02   #365
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Are you saying that the relative paucity of Planetarion players is the reason you believe that GD has become less than stellar by your standards?
Unread 4 Jan 2008, 02:05   #366
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I hear the ice creaking
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2008, 02:14   #367
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Nah I am saying that at some point, we as a group, became shit, disencouraging new threads, being shit in stead of constructive to others and doing a massive circle jerk more then actually thinking.
Unread 4 Jan 2008, 02:39   #368
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
I know the Irish have a reputation for not being particularly bright, but really...?
You didn't ignore it you cretin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion
The forums itself, and especially GD, has an overrepresentation of non-gaming members ever since the Pay2Play concept came in round 5.

It is when we as a group started becoming shit, with Yahwe has most shining example when the real decline set in.
The forums weren't better back then. ****ing hell they were barely understandable.

And we're talking about an occasion on which someone ignored 5 pages of a thread and posted something that had been entirely debunked previously. How is criticising that a bad thing?
Unread 4 Jan 2008, 13:18   #369
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
spamming/bumping/whatever, the point is he's been asked to read the thread before posting in it. it really isn't that big of a deal.

when did this last happen. (ignoring yahwe). and what circle jerk?
Sunday8pm left and Nodrog drove away Kura. They were good for at least 10 threads a day about cartoons and massive failings as humans!
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2008, 14:29   #370
All Systems Go

Quote:
Yeah, it's really spamming up the place having a thread kept up in that top page. I mean, it only takes 2.5 weeks for a thread to move to the second page!
I didn't say he was spamming. I said he was bringing back a thread which was shit, is shit and will probably continue to be shit. If he had brought back another thread with something constructive to add then that would have been a different issue.

Manners cost nothing.

Quote:
I'm not "fighting his corner". GD has degraded into what is effectively 15 regular posters, 10 of which spend most of their time posting snide remarks to each other and new users. If I wanted to experience that, I could sit with my year 9 pupils in the canteen.
So what? You can sit here and moan about it if you want, or you could try and make some decent threads. In the past 6 months you have made 9 threads, three of which were regarding future meets. Three of the 9 threads were made in July 2007. So in the past five months you have made 6 threads.

If you care so much then why not try not create some interesting topic of debate yourelf?

Quote:
I've only ever once seriously defended a spambot (and I didn't realise) - the others were because mods closed threads purely because they were started by a spambot yet were generating worthwhile discussion. If you can't see why this is a dense thing to do, I despair
I don't want to get into this because I thought it was ridiculous when it happened the first time and I've no interest to through that again.
Unread 4 Jan 2008, 19:36   #371
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game^
Sunday8pm left and Nodrog drove away Kura. They were good for at least 10 threads a day about cartoons and massive failings as humans!
I'm not sure that eithers absence can be especially lamented. Especially Kura's.
Unread 4 Jan 2008, 19:45   #372
Tomkat

Quote:
If you care so much then why not try not create some interesting topic of debate yourelf?
Probably because of the aforementioned shitty attitude in GD...
Unread 4 Jan 2008, 20:45   #373
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

How on earth can people find this thread anything less than fantastic?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2008, 23:09   #374
All Systems Go

Quote:
Probably because of the aforementioned shitty attitude in GD...
'Everyone else is she so I'm going to be siht.'

Great attitue TK.
Unread 11 Jan 2008, 23:30   #375
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Was it 2002 or 2003 when people started saying this?

Quote:
Just because you're saying I'm unintelligent; doesn't make it true. I'm at university doing a degree course, while the math presented on the first page is GCSE level. Can we work on the assumption I've surpassed the intellectual requirements to obtain GCSE grades please?
Just FYI, I've taken my studies somewhat beyond GCSE. I dunno if you've heard of my university though.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2008, 02:07   #376
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I'm not "fighting his corner". GD has degraded into what is effectively 15 regular posters, 10 of which spend most of their time posting snide remarks to each other and new users. If I wanted to experience that, I could sit with my year 9 pupils in the canteen.(
Fear not young Rattle, for I have taken on a mission of saving GD single handedly though I will take all of the help that I can get. I have started this crusade (no hidden message to my Muslim friends) out by doing my part to see that this particular thread goes over the 400 post mark.
Unread 12 Jan 2008, 02:09   #377
dda
USS Oklahoma

Done!
Unread 12 Jan 2008, 02:35   #378
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

well its not actually over 400 yet yours is the 400th post

oh wai...
Unread 12 Jan 2008, 13:30   #379
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: A Plane Problem

Is this thread not ****ing dead yet?!
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2008, 18:31   #380
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This is the thread that doesn't end,
Yes it goes on and on my friend,
Somepeople started postin it,
Not knowin what it was,
And they'll continue postin it,
Forever just because,
This is the thread that doesn't end,
Yes it goes on and on my friend,

Unread 13 Jan 2008, 12:58   #381
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
Fear not young Rattle, for I have taken on a mission of saving GD single handedly though I will take all of the help that I can get. I have started this crusade (no hidden message to my Muslim friends) out by doing my part to see that this particular thread goes over the 400 post mark.
It's people like you* who start wars.

*Americans/atourneys/old people. lolz
Unread 13 Jan 2008, 13:24   #382
Tomkat

I intend to neg-rep every person who posts after this one...
Unread 13 Jan 2008, 21:07   #383
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Bring it on
Unread 13 Jan 2008, 23:05   #384
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'll ban anyone who prolongs this shit-fest.

Probably.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2008, 02:43   #385
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I bet you're too old to remember where the ban button was even located, DM.

Also, obligatory avoiding TomKat negrepping me by posting before

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomKat
this one...
Unread 14 Jan 2008, 14:01   #386
Kenny

The plane doesn't take off.

I can see people's arguments that joining in half way through a conversation (without finding out what had been said prior to my arrival) can be considered rude. Sorry.

Personally, I found this thread one of the most interesting I've seen on these boards - I feared that if I read all the pages all the questions would be answered and there'd be nothing left to discuss.

Well, duh.

So instead of being content with having all the answers handed to me, I chose to work through the argument myself, coming to my own conclusions rather than having everyone dictate them for me.

I wasn't 'bullied off the thread' Tomkat, I lost interest when all arguments had been made. I apologise if people felt like they were repeating themselves, but I enjoy being involved in an intelligent conversation; not reading other people's.

Anyway... what's next?
Unread 14 Jan 2008, 14:09   #387
Kenny

Oh, and I've been "around" since 2001, i just took a 10~ round break that and didn't then immediately re-sign up to the forums. I'd tell you what my old forum name was, but there are some skeletons that should be kept locked in the closet.
Unread 14 Jan 2008, 14:24   #388
You Are Gay

You Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Oh, and I've been "around" since 2001, i just took a 10~ round break that and didn't then immediately re-sign up to the forums. I'd tell you what my old forum name was, but there are some skeletons that should be kept locked in the closet.

Location = Dundee??? Old user??? I guess Torz.
You Are Gay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2008, 14:27   #389
Kenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Are Gay
Location = Dundee??? Old user??? I guess Torz.
It'll take a bit more work than that, I didn't put Dundee as my location last time.

I just checked.
Unread 14 Jan 2008, 19:37   #390
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
So instead of being content with having all the answers handed to me, I chose to work through the argument myself, coming to my own conclusions rather than having everyone dictate them for me.
Isn't that wonderful and life affirming.
Unread 14 Jan 2008, 20:37   #391
Kenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Isn't that wonderful and life affirming.
It beats being given the answers to everything and not having to engage independant thought, yes.

You disagree?
Unread 14 Jan 2008, 22:05   #392
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
It beats being given the answers to everything and not having to engage independant thought, yes.
If your independant thought leads you to the wrong conclusions, it's not really that helpful!
Unread 14 Jan 2008, 22:37   #393
Kenny

Quote:
people will generally appreciate and encourage your willingness to learn here. we aren't however a collection of support teachers. if you really want to see if you can work out the answer to a question before looking at an ensuing debate on the matter, then feel free to form your own answer before reading through the thread so that you can check how your own theory stands up.
that isn't the same as ignoring the rest of the thread after the original post and just posting your conclusion expecting everyone to go through another 10 pages of how gravity works in order to keep everything fresh for you.
There was a further 1 page of discussion, not 10. And at no stage did I debate the mechanics of gravity. I simply tried to apply purpose to the question, and relinquished when I realised this was futile.

Besides, even if it did involve everyone going over everything again, it sure beats masturbating like monkeys.
Unread 14 Jan 2008, 22:39   #394
Kenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
If your independant thought leads you to the wrong conclusions, it's not really that helpful!
Still, rather 'on' than 'off'.
Unread 14 Jan 2008, 23:26   #395
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Besides, even if it did involve everyone going over everything again, it sure beats masturbating like monkeys.
Strongly disagree
Unread 14 Jan 2008, 23:43   #396
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
Strongly disagree

i stikwitu
Unread 15 Jan 2008, 12:56   #397
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:

You disagree?
False dilemma, given that you could quite easily spend time working out your own answer to the problem before reading the thread, and then read the thread to see if it is either covered or debunked.

Posting is not required for participation.
Unread 15 Jan 2008, 14:05   #398
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion
i stikwitu
That's why you should wash your hands after masturbation and before shaking the hand of another.
Unread 5 Feb 2008, 13:52   #399
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Did this one get worked out in between page 1 and here?

I couldn't be arsed to read it all, but I'm in with Tomkat on this one (providing he hasn't changed his point of view)
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2008, 14:08   #400
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

It was in fact resolved by Mythbusters.

The plane does take off and it's something to do with the wheels like Jakiri said.

It works because though the wheels turn with the treadmill or conveyer because they are essentially free spinning. The plane's motor is independent of this and so its motion is not countered by the treadmill going in the opposite direction at the same speed.

The issue is not so much that the conveyer cancels out the plane's forward thrust, but that, because the plane's wheels are free spinning, the opposite motion has no effect whatsoever on the plane's ability to accelerate

I don't know if that's clear I'm pretty confusd myself. I understand it but it's difficult to explain
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote