User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 7 Apr 2009, 23:38   #51
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold
Re: eXilition vs Ascendancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
Ministry have no good players, and would never have a chance to do anything on their own ever ever again in planetarion!

hah
Pretty sure ministry had a round winner in r27!

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2009, 23:40   #52
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkie View Post
Pretty sure ministry had a round winner in r27!
<3

damn right!

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2009, 23:44   #53
DeadOps
Forever VisioN

DeadOps is an unknown quantity at this point

i would vote for eXi in this fight , though i only had exp. playing for eXi
Unread 8 Apr 2009, 03:15   #54
Digiscent
KiLLa

Digiscent is infamous around these partsDigiscent is infamous around these parts

Nerd yawn
R4:Oh to be A Pepsi Bottle(285:19)[Bluetubas][Pepsi]#6
R5:Lothlórien (28:16)[Wolfpack]#58
R6: (17:2)[NoS]
R7: (9:25)[NoS][Pepsi]
R9: (49:1)[Seraphim]
R9.5:[LDK] [S] [Oly] [Ely] [ETY](30:8)[Seraphim]#10
R19:Sexy Mandolin(1:5)[TGV]#7
R22:The Dutchmaster of Tallahassee(18:10:4)[ROCK]#111
R23:TheKing of Kush(12:2:4)[ROCK]#69
R24:Thoughts of Murder(6:7:1)[ROCK]#65
R26:President Obama of Yes We Can(4:3:9)[Jenova]#200
R30:President Obama of The United States (1:4:15)[CT]
Digiscent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2009, 11:42   #55
BlueArmy
EMO HC OF ASCENDANCY

BlueArmy will become famous soon enoughBlueArmy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Ministry have no good players, and would never have a chance to do anything on their own ever ever again in planetarion!

hah
one right and one wrong, thats one more right than usual wish!
ministry would never be able to fight ascendancy on similar, simply based on numbers however.. our group would never exceed 50 people no matter how many oldtimers we got back.. we have strict invitation policies (although we let jerome (racial quota), deza (finnish quota), theam (paedo quota) in)..
and saying we dont have any good players is just a flamebait i cba to argue <3 you even wanted to be ministry at one point!

Asc hands down vs eXi, simply because the facist regimes always fall first..

Ministry for life.
BlueArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2009, 11:53   #56
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueArmy View Post
one right and one wrong, thats one more right than usual wish!
ministry would never be able to fight ascendancy on similar, simply based on numbers however.. our group would never exceed 50 people no matter how many oldtimers we got back.. we have strict invitation policies (although we let jerome (racial quota), deza (finnish quota), theam (paedo quota) in)..
and saying we dont have any good players is just a flamebait i cba to argue <3 you even wanted to be ministry at one point!

Asc hands down vs eXi, simply because the facist regimes always fall first..
hehe, u know I know u got alot of good players and yes, at some point I wanted to, for same reason I wanted to join asc some time back -> play with people I have played against for round after round.

As a proud fascist myself, I have strong faith in strict regimes!

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 8 Apr 2009, 18:45   #57
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

hah
We could own you/rs.

With style.

Surely that was a blatant wind up?

Its a shame r23 Ministry didnt have the same calibre of members as it does now. I feel pretty safe in saying with the quality we have now, + flak, eXi wouldnt have it all their own way.

Shazna/Golan/JungleMuffin/BlueArmy/Linkie. That woudlnt look like a rediculous t5 list for any round of PA. You could round out the t10 with a good run from other players.
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2009, 18:48   #58
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by [JungleMuffin] View Post
Linkie. t5
lol

Unread 8 Apr 2009, 19:35   #59
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkie View Post
lol
Yeah, r27 id never even heard of you D:
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2009, 20:05   #60
Linkie
fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by [JungleMuffin] View Post
Yeah, r27 id never even heard of you D:
I ended #8 in r11!

Unread 15 Apr 2009, 19:08   #61
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
thanks, I ll be interested to see the result.
what I posted is the feeling I got after spending 3 rounds in ascendancy though.
It's been a week!

If your favorite alliance besides Ascendancy were playing r31, would you leave when asked?
Yes. 11% (7 votes)
No. 89% (56 votes)
Total votes: 63

I'll admit there's a lot of bias in this, most people don't like admitting they'd leave their current alliance for greener pastures. I'd be interested in seeing the result of a similar poll for Omen though.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2009, 19:30   #62
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JungleMuffin

Shazna/Golan/JungleMuffin/BlueArmy/Linkie. That woudlnt look like a rediculous t5 list for any round of PA. You could round out the t10 with a good run from other players.
Shazna/Golan/BlueArmy top 5? Sure, seems reasonable. JungleMuffin/Linkie? I really doubt. Sure Linkie is a great player but I think with that damn Lady Gaga obsession, its very unlikely. Besides at this current time, everyone should be listening to eminem!

Edit: We all know Linkie could win!!!

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2009, 19:43   #63
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Linkie is far more likely to get top 5 than BA
Unread 13 May 2009, 17:53   #64
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Exilition would win. One time while DC'ing in 1up, he offered like 10 fleets out of alliance to defend 1up planets. I didn't know who the **** he was at the time, but when he formed Exil a few rounds later, I knew it was bad news.
Unread 13 May 2009, 22:04   #65
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
it's model is both more successful and far more sustainable.
Posting to agree.

Exilition were unable to keep up more than one round. They always used to have time off. Ascendancy has consistently proved round in round out that they can win.

Also Ascendancy doesn't need little "speeches" to motivate the peons. There is a lot more diplomacy and input from the members.
Unread 13 May 2009, 22:45   #66
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat View Post
Posting to agree.

Exilition were unable to keep up more than one round. They always used to have time off. Ascendancy has consistently proved round in round out that they can win.

Also Ascendancy doesn't need little "speeches" to motivate the peons. There is a lot more diplomacy and input from the members.
Doesn't it simply depend who players would prefer to play at, asc or exi, considering alot of exi play in asc, right?

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2009, 12:13   #67
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika View Post
Exilition would win. One time while DC'ing in 1up, he offered like 10 fleets out of alliance to defend 1up planets. I didn't know who the **** he was at the time, but when he formed Exil a few rounds later, I knew it was bad news.
I assume the missing word is kaifux?
Unread 16 May 2009, 12:44   #68
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat View Post
Posting to agree.

I don't think we have speeches, but the fact that everyone can speak freely and give detailed opinion on serious shit on the Ascendancy blog helps.
Unread 16 May 2009, 15:37   #69
Wishmaster
LDK

Where do people get the idea that normal members couldnt come with inputs in eXi or in other alliances? HCs listen to good quality core members. Its just a different structure, it doesnt mean that core members got less say in given alliance than in Asc.

Quote:
Unread 16 May 2009, 15:49   #70
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

To be honest wish even from my one round in exi I knew there was a lot of shit which went on which most of the officers didn't know about, never mind most of the actual members. It doesn't really encourage contributing when you don't actually know what's going on. That said things are pretty different now and I think most hcs have recognised the fact that you might as well tell your members what's going on, if only for the fact if you don't some ascendancy member is going to tell them on AD with their own slant as opposed to yours.
Unread 6 Jun 2009, 00:33   #71
KweKweK
Registered Alcoholic

KweKweK is a jewel in the roughKweKweK is a jewel in the roughKweKweK is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hude View Post
I think eX was at its best in round 15. Winning against all the odds.

I think Kaifux always was more like a supervisor keeping everything running and a great motivotional speaker. He didn't try to do everything but delegated things to a bunch of capable and motivated people. eXilition always was extremely organized and I haven't seen any member saying such an organization existed anywhere else.
Cant agree more, I miss those rounds...

eXilition
KweKweK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2009, 00:58   #72
KweKweK
Registered Alcoholic

KweKweK is a jewel in the roughKweKweK is a jewel in the roughKweKweK is a jewel in the rough

I do remember hanging around in asc r19 was alot more cheerfull than in eXi. As for who would win, I would put my money on eXi. Reason beeing, most intense wars I have seen were with eXi and we came out on top. With Asc in r19 orso I think it was back than, I wasnt much more than part of the furniture. P.S. bwtmc still around or any other familiar friendly faces. Been a while since I checked up on this place.

eXilition
Unread 6 Jun 2009, 01:17   #73
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

noone knows you jason.
Unread 6 Jun 2009, 01:43   #74
KweKweK
Registered Alcoholic

Hahaha, ffs I hoped people forgot...

sadly no

Still the same funny stuff on the forums tho, 1 side winning the rest whining about it. Funny enough to read about when you're bored. I might even start playing again, thats how bored I am

eXilition
Unread 6 Jun 2009, 02:24   #75
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

get a job

or have more fun with that half-blood sexy gf of yours
Unread 7 Jun 2009, 11:05   #76
cbk100

cbk100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hude View Post
I think eX was at its best in round 15. Winning against all the odds.

I think Kaifux always was more like a supervisor keeping everything running and a great motivotional speaker. He didn't try to do everything but delegated things to a bunch of capable and motivated people. eXilition always was extremely organized and I haven't seen any member saying such an organization existed anywhere else.

It's also impossible to reform eX to the form of its early rounds. I also think that the hierarchical leadership wouldn't work anymore like it did in r13/15. There were signs of it falling apart already in r18/19 and it was a catastrophe in r23. Experienced players don't like to be told what they can and cannot do.
I think this is spot on.
To my knowledge no other alliance in PA history has been to the standard of eX (not even close). However, it is fair to say that not many eX ppl had a life during the peak rounds (r13 in particular) and many had a huge phone bill (me included). This way of playing naturally has a cost and eX rarely (if ever?) played two rounds in a row. For my part I was simply unable to play this intensive for more rounds in a row. After a round there was simply too many things irl that had to be given some priority again.

As to the question if Asc could beat eX. My guess would be no, but then again I have never really been Asc, so who the hell am I to judge on that matter :-).

cbk
cbk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2009, 14:33   #77
Cheradenine

Cheradenine is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk100 View Post
I think this is spot on.
However, it is fair to say that not many eX ppl had a life during the peak rounds (r13 in particular) and many had a huge phone bill (me included).
MacTanzu still owes my phonebill from R13!
Cheradenine is offline   Reply With Quote