User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 24 Nov 2005, 07:16   #201
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: New Rule

short of either assassin, kal or biffy saying that this is the case, theres nothing they could say to convince me either.
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 08:09   #202
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
short of either assassin, kal or biffy saying that this is the case, theres nothing they could say to convince me either.
But that doesnt mean you cant drop by and have a chat to me though .
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 08:11   #203
DeadOps
Forever VisioN

DeadOps is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incredible
No, that isn't quite the truth, altho the PA team wants us to think that.

Theese so called "defence planets" are mostly scanners, and as a scanner, you belong to an alliance ofcourse, but as the PA team got that 80 member rule, the scanners are left out of the tag. Scanners are AFAIK allowed to build ships, but obviously, the pa team doesnt like scanner fleets defending their respective alliances.

umm since when are scanners left out of tags? i've always been in tag since i became a scanner

also, new rule is kinda crap, i like to choose who i deffend, don't like admins deciding that for me

Last edited by DeadOps; 24 Nov 2005 at 08:35.
DeadOps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 08:23   #204
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

ta for reminding me of another myth ive been hearing, added to the list of some i debunked earlier
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 08:37   #205
cbk100

cbk100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
So basically eXilition have been stating throughout this whole thread, that they have been receiving out of alliance defense, from other ex-alliance mates who no doubt love their ex-alliance so much, that they would do anything to help. Some of you really either have no brain to come in here with your innocent posts telling that you only wanted to help, without even thinking whether it was fair on other alliances who abided by the limits imposed on alliances this round, or alternatively, have no shame to come in here to talk about the unfairness of not being able to defend their ex-alliance friends.
Its funny how you can set yourself on a pedistal so high that you are able to judge what is fair or not fair. It's especialy funny that you say it's fair to make a rule change so drastic that it changes the product you bought by the beginning of the round. Its also incredible that you think its not fair that us def whores play by the rules that have been around for like 5-6? rounds now. That this seriously limiting rule is set out in a round which is the most balanced (alliancewise) and most interesting round since maybe r8 is simply just beond me. I have been around for a long time and in all that time I have seen MH team make many mistakes. Of course there is room for mistakes, but when about 8 of 10 (ofc my estimate judged by what I have seen) closures they make, are mistakes and when they put up limiting rules like this which does nothing but limit and hurt the game then its simply getting too much. Any other place where a team is making so many mistakes that team should expect to get replaced rather fast.
Imo the most pahetic thing is that people claim that it was not fair to have def whores or scanners outside the tag. It has been equal for everyone so everyone have had the same opportunities. Everyone has been equal. That is exacly fairness and any deviation from this thus MUST by definition be unfair. This new rule is exacly a deviation of this (because it hurts some alliances and persons (who was playing by the rules) more than other) and is thus to be considered as unfair.
This way of argumentation is well supported by HQ itself. This is the argumentation they use for not changing the stats mid game. Everyone knew what they were getting when they chosed race in the beginning (fairness) and thus it would be unfair to deviate from this.

So Gio2k please don't take yourself to such a high level that you can judge what is fair and what is not fair... at least not without basing the judgement on somthing concrete, like rules and definitions.

Last edited by cbk100; 24 Nov 2005 at 08:43.
cbk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 08:52   #206
Phil^
Insomniac

the very fact pateam made this rule cbk, illustrates gio2ks point that regardless of what you may think - they consider it to be unfair.
and imo pateam has a far better view of what is fair and what is not then you do
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 08:58   #207
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk100
*pile of rubbish*
You did not buy an entirely different different product.

I guess you people are either incapable of reading end-user-license-agreements or you strictly refuse to use your brain on this issue. And no, I am not going to throw up the same arguments again, if you would read this thread and the eula and ask the tiny grey things harbored inside your head for some enlightening, then you will for sure understand.

Until you can provide a reason why the arguments against your position are wrong I dont think any serious participant of this discussion is going to value your (and other similar) opinions much.
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 09:00   #208
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

hmm phil is you responsble for this rule change m8? as you harrass everyone who say anything negative about it. this affect the 1up dudes too but they just shut up and let another ally take the blame.

another nail in the coffin for the game.... gw
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 09:04   #209
Phil^
Insomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by robban1
hmm phil is you responsble for this rule change m8? as you harrass everyone who say anything negative about it. this affect the 1up dudes too but they just shut up and let another ally take the blame.

I'd love to see how, given im not in pateam or the multihunters
at best, i'd have either drawn attention to it ( unlikely given people were complaining about it long before i was ) , or got opinions on it ( by following on from a thread created by someone in your alliance whining about being closed )

either way, i dont think i really contributed to it. infact it is to your own alliance you must turn for blame.
lacking any semblance of a moral fibre or respect for the game and its players, they proceeded to abuse such an aspect of gameplay with the end result of this rule now being in effect

if there are any 1up'ers affected, kindly point them out - otherwise accept this for what it is. entirely your own faults
if theres anyone hammering nails into coffins, look to your own hands for the instruments
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 09:22   #210
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge
What a load of bull
Usually an answer froom someone who is worrying about there account.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 09:25   #211
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

basically, as previously stated, the rule change can occur, per what every player who signed up for a planet agreed to.... it has been illustrated that mostly the whiners are those who are, or who's alliance is effected by this rule change..... just as a lie of omission is still a lie... playing and exploiting a rule that doesn't exist, basically finding a way to stroke the system, is wrong, and if your ass was closed because of it, get over it... Play with some integrity next time
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 09:41   #212
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Willzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud of

Right. First of all for the people claiming that the rules cant be changed mid round it can be. I think there has bin enough people who have pasted this from the eula in here so i wont bother doing it again. Second as i asked before perhaps these guys claiming that there 'scan planets' should actually define what a scan planet is please?

Now as far as im concerned a scan planet is a planet thats idle, has a lot of amps and of course SCANS! Now, would you define 20 planets, hardly any amps, 9 roids and loads of vipers scan planets? Personally i wouldnt. Now i am an old school player from the old days of PA, if you dont remmember me then fair enough if you do hi). But i personaly would brand the people complaining about this pathetic. This is a valid rule, it stops the idiots who abuse it.

Now, to the point i brought up ages ago, why cant the scan planets be within the tag? You only need 5 at max, from the things i have saw so far a certain alliance has around 40+ claiming to be all scan planets? I think not. Now why should PA Team now adjust the limits just becuase you need 30 extra planets outside of the tag to keep you at the rank your at? Not all alliances do this, infact i presume its only alliances in the top 5 (one in perticular)

The other day i was defended against by a planet that was claimed to be a 'scan planet' even though he has np amps... last time i checked thats actually got to be a major influence in the term 'scan planet' wouldnt you agree? Now you can claim this is a crap rule all you want, i have to agree i would of preffered not to have it at all, but thanx to certain members and a certain alliance its here. So, perhaps next time people will obide by the rules (by the way this is actually in the eula already i beleive just not as clear) and actually go by alliance limits. So as i said before and ill say it again good move PA Team. And for people that seem to think The MH staff cant see the difference between people defending friends once or twice to planets soly there to defend one alliance and be defined as a scan planet with no amps i think you need to have more faith.

Oh btw one point in perticular, i reported a HC of Exil during this round, becuase he had a planet defending him while he was actually attacking him. So, these scan planets that are spoke of, you allowed to farm of them as they defend you also? Just a question thats bin playing on my mind for a while.

Played: Round 1-13. PA Team: Round 13-17. The Return: Round 18-19. PA Team: Round 20. Return.. Again: Round 21-37 Retired: Round 38 Returned: Round 39-45 Retired: Round 45 Returned: Round: 56

p3nguin Founder
Willzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 09:48   #213
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by robban1

If you dont constantly defend someone in an alliance not of ur own in a different cluster than urself or even if in the same cluster and not so constant then you should have nothing to worry about.
The only ppl who should have a problem with this new rule are the ones who abuse the rule.
Trust me knowing PA team as it is it will take a lot of evidence before closing someone.

Unread 24 Nov 2005, 10:10   #214
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
I totally disagree with this. This is the biggest load of crap i've heard in my time in PA.

Cant you PA team do ANYTHING right.
Well, maybe you'll feel differently if you get defended against by a planet with 9 roids yet 2000 vipers and who when I newsscanned him had attacks on him PURELY to steal his ship. and how conveniently, the ship targetting his attacker were 'out' and the ship the attacking zik was targetting stayed at the base and ... ohh no ... got stolen.

It's quite annoying if you get defended against by support planets which only build 1 type of ship and let other planets fleetfarm their other ship every now and then.

This rule is a good one.

Scanners are also support planets imo if they offer defence. If they do, and aren't part of the alliance or galaxy, then these rules should apply on them aswell.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 10:17   #215
Duncan
saint-ciboire de tabarnac

Duncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud of

kudos if you're actually able to get one of your friends to sign up for "Planetarion" and act as a personal servent who wakes up late at night to send you tailor-made defence.
Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 10:25   #216
Kill
Banned

Kill is infamous around these parts

This is a stupid rule.

What about those of us who choose not to join an alliance but still play to win, if I get defence its usually from old friends and now I am being told I cant defend them back.

I decided not to join an alliance just to see how possible it is to play it solo.

Why does PA team always respond to the "I cant roid, so it must be because of something unfair" and "I get roided, make the game easier" mentality, why cant people accept some people are just superior.

Hell make it so you can only defend members of your own alliance, and only scan people your eta least eta 2 on, voila problem with "support" planets and scanner's dealt with.

Oh and does Jolt intend to refund peoples money for accounts closed due to a change in the EULA mid game?

Omen Incorporated CEO

Heresy CEO [=H=]
"Born of Heresy"

<milkey> its four am ..
<milkey> youre freaking crazy
<Killmark> 4.20
<Killmark>
<milkey> dont matter
<Killmark> i need roidies!
Kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 10:29   #217
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kill
This is a stupid rule.

What about those of us who choose not to join an alliance but still play to win, if I get defence its usually from old friends and now I am being told I cant defend them back.

I decided not to join an alliance just to see how possible it is to play it solo.

Why does PA team always respond to the "I cant roid, so it must be because of something unfair" and "I get roided, make the game easier" mentality, why cant people accept some people are just superior.

Hell make it so you can only defend members of your own alliance, and only scan people your eta least eta 2 on, voila problem with "support" planets and scanner's dealt with.

Oh and does Jolt intend to refund peoples money for accounts closed due to a change in the EULA mid game?
Read the EULA they can do what they want.

Unread 24 Nov 2005, 10:30   #218
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kill
This is a stupid rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah02
If you dont constantly defend someone in an alliance not of ur own in a different cluster than urself or even if in the same cluster and not so constant then you should have nothing to worry about.
The only ppl who should have a problem with this new rule are the ones who abuse the rule.
Trust me knowing PA team as it is it will take a lot of evidence before closing someone.
If your not in an alliance, it wouldn't apply generally, unless your cheating in some other manner...... now no one would ever accuse you of cheating would they?
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 11:13   #219
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumo
No, some are in Angels, others tagless, yet all work together. EXPLOITZ ABUSE ETC ETC!
ive yet to see a 'ministry' from different alliances defend each other. All ive seen is them attacking together, so meh, get a clue
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 11:14   #220
Squishy
Lost

Squishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You do realize he made a new account, don't you? And was closed, again, for the very reason I mentioned.
You know you might be right but their was noone closed from a 'new' account so that begs the question of how many multi planets wishmaster signed up at the beggining of the round

Its rather silly making acusations witch if true cast an even worse light on an already tarnished name.

So that begs the question just how badly and how wide spread is the cheating and abuse of the game. If people are willing to admit to multiing in order to win an argument. I would love to hear this from wishmaster and find out exactly which other planet(s) were his.

Though untill i hear from wishmaster i will take this claim with a pinch of salt.
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 11:14   #221
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
You seriously mean to tell me the Ministry members inside Angels not once recieved def from the Ministry outside?
yep sure am, other than gal defence
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 11:20   #222
Alki
Drink is Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
While exilition's strategy is very much against the spirit of alliance tags, the alliance tag limit was there to provide the benefit of alliance ETA defence. Support planets do not have this benefit. They do not get defended more easily. They can only defend with limited numbers of ships (because there is few people to defend them) in certain limited situations.
the support planets dont need defence, they have 9 roids most of them anyway. So the eta bonus means jackshit to them
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 11:35   #223
HK
Agnus Dei

HK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud of

pa is not a game any more, it's a concentration camp

i'm so not playing the next round as this is insane, come on, nowadays noone hardly cheats and if they do they do it properly so they don't get caught. get a grip multihunters, this isn't nazi germany in 1943 and we aren't jews.

and afaik exi just has some scanners who have def fleets, like pls who doesn't??? this isn't def farming but ok, whatever you decide mh team, but thanks to your actions less and less people enjoy pa and i'm sure the next round will see a lot less players than this one.

Last edited by RedCrab; 24 Nov 2005 at 11:42.
HK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 11:43   #224
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Well, maybe you'll feel differently if you get defended against by a planet with 9 roids yet 2000 vipers and who when I newsscanned him had attacks on him PURELY to steal his ship. and how conveniently, the ship targetting his attacker were 'out' and the ship the attacking zik was targetting stayed at the base and ... ohh no ... got stolen.

It's quite annoying if you get defended against by support planets which only build 1 type of ship and let other planets fleetfarm their other ship every now and then.

This rule is a good one.

Scanners are also support planets imo if they offer defence. If they do, and aren't part of the alliance or galaxy, then these rules should apply on them aswell.
It's funny, when you look on sandmans, only two players HAVE nine roids, and one is in 1:1 and the other has quite a balanced fleet from what I can see.
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 11:44   #225
Alki
Drink is Good

im sure you wont be missed
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 11:49   #226
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
im sure you wont be missed
As much as idle threats to leave are boring, it's not in anyone's interests for players to leave the game, don't be so silly.
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 12:05   #227
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

don't think it would hurt if some players did tho not saying it would be good if hk left... but surely there are "players" we could live without

anyways HK if it was just about a few planets it didn't matter...

and as for jumo's remarks... what is Exi HC gonna do about wishmaster having a "new" planet which isn't new at all, meaning he went on with a multi planet or he took over an account, which is both plain cheating. Jumo wouldn't lie would he... and surely you know. have you taken action or are you condoning it kaifux/other people in exi command?
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 12:07   #228
Heartless

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCrab

i'm so not playing the next round as this is insane, come on, nowadays noone hardly cheats and if they do they do it properly so they don't get caught. get a grip multihunters, this isn't nazi germany in 1943 and we aren't jews.
Comparing a game with a set of rules with concentration camps is utterly wrong and offensive towards the jews which died in such concentration camps. I suggest you to read up in your history book for why that is the case.

On a different sidenote, if you are so keen on Nazi comparisions: eXilition are just like the Nazis - the Nazis exploited the existing laws to reign power over Germany, eXilition exploited the existing PA rules to reign power over the Universe. Luckily, last night was D-Day and we will all be freed soon.
EDIT: I could continue this comparisation, but I seriously hope that this one example is enough to teach you your lesson on good and bad comments.

Last edited by Heartless; 24 Nov 2005 at 12:27.
Heartless is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 12:17   #229
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:

What, are you utterly dumb or something? Who's been telling you that there is no jews in the game? It would surprise me if there's no jews in the game tbh.. Good thing you aren't playing the next round I guess
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 12:17   #230
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc
It's funny, when you look on sandmans, only two players HAVE nine roids, and one is in 1:1 and the other has quite a balanced fleet from what I can see.
I'll mail you the coords and a newsscan if you like. he HAD 9 roids and I'm 100% certain of this, as my scan would show you.

He still has 9 roids, he's a cath and yes he got some other ships but like I said, if you newsie him yourself then you'll notice all attacks on him were fleet stealing attacks. In one of the attacks on him his fleet was out and trhe only ship at base were those that the attacker was targetting and happen to get stolen ...

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 12:21   #231
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Read the EULA they can do what they want.
read the unfair contract terms act, they can't.
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 12:22   #232
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Any of these types of planets come into my gal, I will make arrangements to get them ziked and exiled (saves resources for my gal fund)

My promise to these planets.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 12:23   #233
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
No one forces you to play it you can leave when you like.

Quote:
i'm so not playing the next round as this is insane, come on, nowadays noone hardly cheats and if they do they do it properly so they don't get caught.
Your right the experts probably don't get caught but why give them more options? If you want to quit because of a rule that probably wont even effect you then thats ur decision.
I hope you dont btw.

Quote:
isn't nazi germany in 1943 and we aren't jews.
Lets not go there.

Quote:
and afaik exi just has some scanners who have def fleets, like pls who doesn't??? this isn't def farming but ok, whatever you decide mh team, but thanks to your actions less and less people enjoy pa and i'm sure the next round will see a lot less players than this one.
I dont.
It is defence farming if you just build a defence fleet its like saying building a planet with just roids and getting attacked aint roid farming.
And hopefully next round will just see less cheats not players, I know my cat and 3 dogs arent going to be playing anymore anyways

Unread 24 Nov 2005, 12:29   #234
HK
Agnus Dei

HK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
Comparing a game with a set of rules with concentration camps is utterly wrong and offensive towards the jews which died in such concentration camps. I suggest you to read up in your history book for why that is the case.

On a different sidenote, if you are so keen on Nazi comparisions: eXilition are just like the Nazis - the Nazis exploited the existing laws to reign power over Germany, eXilition exploited the existing PA rules to reign power over the Universe. Luckily, last night was D-Day and we will all be freed soon.
I study history in an university so please don't lecture me about that part. Yes I might have not been politically correct but that's hardly the point. And it was just an example, sorry 6 mil jews, didn't mean to offend you. (Btw Stalin killed 4 times more ppl).
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 12:32   #235
Squishy
Lost

Squishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I know my cat and 3 dogs arent going to be playing anymore anyways
does that mean no more kick backs ??

Unread 24 Nov 2005, 12:36   #236
Heartless

Quote:
I study history in an university so please don't lecture me about that part. Yes I might have not been politically correct but that's hardly the point. And it was just an example, sorry 6 mil jews, didn't mean to offend you. (Btw Stalin killed 4 times more ppl).
Sadly he missed your family or I wouldnt have to read so much rubbish from you.
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 12:37   #237
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy
does that mean no more kick backs ??

Unread 24 Nov 2005, 12:37   #238
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

well the aim with this is clearly to get those small one type defplanets.
but as our dim mh now get another tool to close those unallied who play for fun and def their m8s now and then, thenever they feel like it,

if you want stuff like that, hardcode it and do it before round starts,

this is sucky handeling of an easy matter
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 12:39   #239
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Eeek heartless you know i lub you and we are buds but lets not go personal like that please :/
Bit harsh

But he did post a bit of rubbish though but we all do at some point

Unread 24 Nov 2005, 12:40   #240
Heartless

Quote:
Eeek heartless you know i lub you and we are buds but lets not go personal like that please :/
Bit harsh

But he did post a bit of rubbish though but we all do at some point
Truth hurts and for idiocy nazi comments and general lack of brain he deserves such a reply.
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 12:43   #241
HK
Agnus Dei

Quote:
so spitting on the memory of the people who were killed by stalin is OK and on the memory of the people who hitler killed is not? in my humble opinion there is no difference who killed and why. the fact remains that people were killed and that's what is most important, what ideology or regime was behind it hardly matters. and the history which was written by the winners of the war is biased anyway, i don't ignore that, but i'm trying to see behind it, the whole picture. sadly you cba to do that, but ok, since you're not the first nor the last one who thinks like that. o and personal insults aren't suitable on these boards and i think my postings were not personal to anyone as they weren't meant to be. btw if i had used stalin and the gulag instead of nazi concentration camps would u have said anything? i doubt and i find _that_ sad.
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 12:44   #242
Phil^
Insomniac

redcrab, your existance isnt suitable on these boards if that is the best you can manage, and derailing threads is your purpose.
instead of whining and compairing admins to nazis, try doing something constructive - like working in your alliance now its not allowed to fall back on its (illegal) def farms
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 12:46   #243
Alki
Drink is Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc
As much as idle threats to leave are boring, it's not in anyone's interests for players to leave the game, don't be so silly.
the rules apply to everyone, not just particular people. Particular people seem to be more effected by this, well its there problem. If i did the same, i wouldnt be on here moaning, but luckily i dont need to use such tactics and prefer a decent war rather than 'do what it takes to win'
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 12:49   #244
Walldo
Stealth & Shadows

Walldo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorinn
On the plus side, you can now just 3 fleet defend me in-gal.
heh yeah Jorinn, don't forget about me . Maybe I get some def from ex against ex

Playing since RND1 and counting

Proud to have been

Newdawn

Wolfpack - WPO - OoO - Kralizec Stealth & Shadows - []LCH[] - [1up] - VisioN - TFD
Ultores - Conspiracy Theory - Concordium - WaC - Blue Tuba - Fury - Thieves & Pirates - OUZO -Vengeance - Elysium - Mistu - LOST - 4S - GoCi - FAnG - Novus Ordo Seclorum - Xanadu - BULL - VGN -xVx
Walldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 12:50   #245
noah02
The Original Terran

I think we are all kinda going of the subject here lol

PA is not a concentration camp there is just no camparison.

No one is being forced to do anything its more like a government new rules come in now and then some we like some we dont but we still live with them.

Unread 24 Nov 2005, 12:50   #246
Heartless

Quote:
so spitting on the memory of the people who were killed by stalin is OK and on the memory of the people who hitler killed is not? in my humble opinion there is no difference who killed and why. the fact remains that people were killed and that's what is most important, what ideology or regime was behind it hardly matters. and the history which was written by the winners of the war is biased anyway, i don't ignore that, but i'm trying to see behind it, the whole picture. sadly you cba to do that, but ok, since you're not the first nor the last one who thinks like that. o and personal insults aren't suitable on these boards and i think my postings were not personal to anyone as they weren't meant to be. btw if i had used stalin and the gulag instead of nazi concentration camps would u have said anything? i doubt and i find _that_ sad.
You obviously still miss the point. This is a game. Literally you do not kill people in this game. This game contains rules just like every democratic contains laws. A new rule (= new law) has been established which has been requested by the majority of people for the good of the majority. Comparing these historic action to Concentration Camps or the Gulag is neither suiting your argumentation against this rule nor does your sorry little excuse for studying history (I had 3 terms of history, too - so there we go for e-penis contest) make your postings any better. I find exactly your postings sad.
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 12:53   #247
Brimstone
Retired PeOn

Brimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the rough

anyone else here vote we make a special forum where ppl can just aimlessly slag eachother/the game/ the ppl who VOLUNTARILY help to run and maintain this game off? call it the 'pointless discussions' board.

As always with anything, if in a game, or tournament or competition, if someone finds a way to 'bend' rules the 'referee's' make a decision on the spot. Its not nice, its a shame it had to happen, but get over it. If people try and get round things they shouldn't be doing, then what do you expect?

And as a side note, how most of you who are complaining about this would be complaining if it became public knowledge about the 'def farm' ideas, and PAteam did nothing? i would wager a small sum that it would be many of the same people doing the complaining.

Stop whining and just play. 'Defense farming' is no longer tolerated, if you are just friends who defend eachother fine, stop whining about it and just carry on as you were before. If you get closed and you have a good reason to disagree, then SAY SO. its why you dont get auto deleted, and you have a chance to argue your case. MH team aren't out to make your life miserable, they are there to keep the game running smoothly so we can all enjoy it, not just the chosen few.
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 12:55   #248
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

Godwin's Law decrees the end of the thread.
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 12:56   #249
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Can someone help me out here.

What happens if say I got defended by one of these planets who builds solely vipers, would I be closed or what it just be the farm/escort whatever
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 13:21   #250
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Farming ships and roids is in itself cheating and leads to closure. How is def farming different? The way i see it, the closing of these support planets didn't even need a new rule to justify itself.
I can say for myself that the main reason i keep playing this game are the mechanics that ensure as level a playing field as possible. Before alliance limits, rounds were simply decided by which alliance / block had the most numbers. I got sick of the speculations about alliance 1 having x00 members, which they denied and in turn pointed at alliance 2 having x01 members. Having planets to defend you outside of the alliance limits just because the eta gives you the chance goes against the "fair play" that all changes in PA so far have tried to achieve.
If you can't win without numbers, you just don't deserve to win.