User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 7 Jun 2007, 17:57   #151
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Congratulations Greenhills

Who on earth complained because "a galaxy ripped off alliances"?
Unread 7 Jun 2007, 19:09   #152
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmV0rl0n
I would hope this does not get closed 'so it can never happen again', because what it means is as usual, PA goes down the road of actually punishing clever play.
But doing this again wouldn't be clever. It would just be copying someone else's plan and really, it's already a poor copy of Singularity's plan in round 3 (that's over six years ago!).

Quote:
I think the move itself has shades of support planets. But then you could apply that to alliances, and galaxies in general, as its a case of a variable level of support.
What this thread has shown is that the support planet rule can be applied to a hell of a lot of things, which creates doubt about what is against the rules and what isn't.

Quote:
I have expressed elsewhere that I believe the game should move in a direction of clearer rules - leading to recoding. And an end result that in game, a player can only do what is legal. If you can do it, no matter how wacky, its legit.
That's a commendable aim. It's easier said than done, but it should be the objective.

Quote:
One of the unfortunate truths about PA is that in a lot of rounds, someone was leading and they get pipped, and grinding of teeth occurs (understandibly), because if you have a shot at winning, you'd like to win, anyone would. From what I read, which is perhaps not enough, I think the gal had to do a great deal of work to actually pull the move off. As such, we should not be so very quick to assess it as a bad thing. If its assumed to be too easy to win this way, perhaps rather than a knee jerk reaction, PAteam could just adjust it balance wise so that its a good deal more difficult to pull off, but not impossible.
Entirely true and this probably will happen.

Quote:
As for a galaxy ripped of the alliances, well SORRY, how many times have alliances shat on galaxies to persue their aims. You won't find me shedding tears at the bleeding heart theory on how it hurt alliances.

If this led to a resurgence of gals and people working at that level, it would be a good thing. Not a bad one.
Mindless drivel. And you were doing so well!
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2007, 19:51   #153
AdmV0rl0n

AdmV0rl0n is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
But doing this again wouldn't be clever. It would just be copying someone else's plan and really, it's already a poor copy of Singularity's plan in round 3 (that's over six years ago!).

What this thread has shown is that the support planet rule can be applied to a hell of a lot of things, which creates doubt about what is against the rules and what isn't.

That's a commendable aim. It's easier said than done, but it should be the objective.

Entirely true and this probably will happen.

Mindless drivel. And you were doing so well!

You will find mindless drivel somewhere in every post of mine!
AdmV0rl0n is offline   Reply With Quote