User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 2 Aug 2006, 11:23   #1
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Strangest covers

What are the strangest covers youve ever heard? Whether they worked or didnt, the ones that you had to be there to believe actually happened.

For me;

5. Greenday covering "Shout" by Lulu
4. Electric Soft Parade covering "You were always on my mind" by Willie Nelson
3. Divine Comedy covering "Maneater" by Nelly Furtado
2. Ben Folds covering "Bitches aint shit" by Dr Dre
1. Billy Joel covering "Highway to Hell" by ACDC

I've probably heard more, but these are the gems that stick out in my mind. What bizarre covers have you experienced?

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2006, 11:52   #2
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Strangest covers

Radiohead covering wonderwall without knowing the words.
I've got it on a mix tape a mate made me about 8 years ago...

oh and Smells Like Teen Spirit - Paul Anka
I'd heard it and thought it was wierd so had to google to see who it was by...

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2006, 12:25   #3
CjC
Throwing Shapes

CjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
oh and Smells Like Teen Spirit - Paul Anka
I'd heard it and thought it was wierd so had to google to see who it was by...
I thought the Ukalele band of Great Britain doing this was pretty ace

Oh and Johnny Cash covering Hurt by nine inch nails

Also, there's a local covers band where I live called Wordsworth who do a brilliant reggae/rock rendition of Nothing Compares To You (Prince/Sinead o'connor)

Last edited by CjC; 2 Aug 2006 at 12:31.
CjC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2006, 13:21   #4
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Hayseed Dixie covering pretty much anything they've covered
Unread 2 Aug 2006, 13:37   #5
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

(Shout! is by the Isley Brothers.)

And again I'll cheat with a covers band, but Nouvelle Vague are making lots of weird shit.

Best cover would be TV On The Radio's a capella, vocal-only version of Pixies' Mr. Grieves.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2006, 14:22   #6
Opi
Ensign

Opi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to all

Tori Amos did some strange covers, e.g. Slayer's Raining Blood.
Opi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2006, 14:30   #7
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
Radiohead covering wonderwall without knowing the words.
I've got it on a mix tape a mate made me about 8 years ago...

Yer. that was some funny shite. They stopped covering it after a while, and right before they went something like and all the bla bla bla bla bla a winding...
or something to that effect. Been years since i heard that cover, but you refreshed it for me.

Deffo the best fubored cover i have heard...

One of the worst ones is No Doubt covering Nirvana's "Sliver" was "shite on shite" as a friend of mine who shared my oppinion described it.

I also dont think that Smashing Pumpkins should have covered landslide by Fleetwood Mac. Eventho i <3 Smashing pumpkins forevah, not his type of song. He should sing songs like "Ave Adore", etc...
And an illustrated book about birds
See alot up there
But dont be scared
who needs action, when you got words....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbg
reading this line is explicit acceptance of my superiority over you
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2006, 14:40   #8
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

I dont know who did it but:

Down with the sickness by disturbed - jazz lounge version, in the 2004 dawn of the dead remake (the one with fast zombies) .

Ah found it :
"Down With The Sickness"
Performed by Mark Jonathan Davis (as Richard Cheese) & Lounge Against The Machine

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote