User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 11 Sep 2003, 23:06   #51
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Hicks

Since when has game play been a major aspect of Planetarion, no one has ever played for the game play

I was going to say that
I hate you Christopher
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 11:53   #52
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Silly old Maddix up to his old tricks.

Stop agreeing with me Thomas it makes us look gay or something
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 13:31   #53
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future
1) Eclipse
2) Elysium
3) Wolfpack
4) Dragons
5) RaH
6) ToT
7) Oly
8) Vision
9) Insomnia
10) Rock + TFD
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 14:29   #54
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Always nice when your friends come to rescue isnt it.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 14:50   #55
masochist

masochist is an unknown quantity at this point
Ðragons with a Ð please
0 pods; I never attack.
masochist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 16:13   #56
Norseman
4ever a Snuggly Bunny

Norseman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by SpazMonster
why don't you point out exactly what it is I need to get a clue about? Instead of trying to discredit me, you make a fool of yourself by not backing up your statements.

if you want me to qualify my statement about ely, I will, though I thought history is quite obvious on that one...

round 5 you were eaten up after riding along a certain alliance's coattails

round 6 same thing. you had top galaxies but ultimately lost them
because of your inability to maintain them.

round 7 you were trounced.

round 8 you were invisible.

round 9 was basicly a repeat of round 5 and 6 for you.

Plain and simple, you've been unable to finish. period.
Agreed.. elysium never managed to reach the very top, whether they can manage it now..no idea

In r4 elysium contained of 90% new members...to get a place in the winning triad and performing perhaps just as well (the words of many legionaires) as Legion..that is a statement of great leadership. Elysium were in many ways a crap alliance at that time, but managed to get the most out of it.

R5 and elysium once again came on the winning side, for some time atleast..the problem was; close to every high ranked player in elysium had its place in an heavily fortified Legion galaxy. Lack of planning maybe, but then again...elysium as a newly reborn alliance needed time, and for players with ambition..the safest solution was to find a galaxy that were controlled by or atleast had more then one player from legion.
Due to lack of tight co-operation among fellow elysium galaxies, way too many high ranked planets having problems to decide where to play their cards and ofcourse the general inability/lack of experience..Fury easily won the "war" after approx three days

Now..two rounds in a row with the big guys and Elysium were still considered a crap alliance, partly right ofc. The thing that severed us from being this lousy bounch of ppl without hope was a couple of hc`s with skills, ambition and a plan about how to do it and how to make it work + an extremely loyal memberbase (those who were left from r5)

R6 followed and every preparations were done so because it were part of an integral plan. Each and every galaxy pertained to an bg and close to every galaxy were controlled directly by Elysium. Nothing sensational ofc, but it worked and it worked damn well. Xe(Ta) were never beaten to the ground, a task that even the whole universe failed to accomplish and LDK managed to get the top planet thx to the tight co-operation inside Xe.

Ofc, with Elysium once again failing to achieve a top 10 rank both planet and galaxy-wise, you may say we failed as an alliance - and ofc youre right.. we failed to get a result, but succeeded in building an alliance worthy to be compared to anyone

Then.. why did elysium so utterly fail to make an impression in r7, and the following rounds aswell?

...due to most of the same reasons as to why Fury only were a shadow of them true self in r4. Both the political headfigure; Koloth and the military strategical & tactical mind; Soben were all gone and most of the old members (from my perception atleast) were quite satisfied with the "revenge" over furgion. Without a proper leader that could gather the mass together and find a joint goal to fight towards..most played the round just to finish it. R6 had been a blast that had required an extremely amount of energy to come through and the average member were simple not motivated.

To finish it all up.. (as ive not been a part of elysium since r6, apart of 2 weeks in r7 and 1 week in r8) Elysium could have been one hell of an alliance, imho ofc...but lost it grip when first Koloth disappeared and Soben later on. Without those gone, Adelante would never (if ive understood storebo right) been a reality..and the alliance would surely continued to improve its quality like it had done all the way since r4. Sadly..after r7 it became more like a community then an alliance fighting to become nr1
R3: 111:17
R4: 2:15 Elysium
R5: 1:5 Elysium
R6: 24:16 Elysium
R8: 28:?? Adelante
Retired & vanished
Norseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 16:16   #57
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by masochist
Ðragons with a Ð please
or else?
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 17:37   #58
Filth
Filtheh

Filth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the rough
showing no biased opinons here ofc...

1. VisioN
2. Eclipse
3. RaH
4. Dragons
5. FAnG
6. Elysium
7. ND
8. ToT
9. Olympians
10.Wolfpack
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 17:39   #59
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by G.K Zhukov
Always nice when your friends come to rescue isnt it.
I doubt you'd know that feeling. Hahaha pld me.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 18:00   #60
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
I doubt you'd know that feeling. Hahaha pld me.
Your right, I dont need online friends to come and rescue me in an online discussion about something online.
pld me.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 18:01   #61
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Zo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally posted by The_Fish
or else?
Yes mistar Fishy, or else we force you to

"The only easy day was yesterday."
Zo0f is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 18:10   #62
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
getting back to the topic

1: Vision
2: Rah
3: Eclipse
4: ToT/LCH
5: FanG
6: Rock +TFD
7: Elysium
8: ND
9: Olyimpians
10: WolfPack

given the rumours fkloating around that certain alliances are having difficultys and cannot be considered stable i think it is fair to say that the possible winning alliance of rd 10 is very open to any of the above mentioned alliances, however i can see smaller closely knit alliances such as Rah and vision doing well while other larger alliances struggleing. haveing said that i rckon the likes of eclipse and tot will do well as a "unit" given their close relations hence their high ranking in my prediction

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 23:13   #63
SpazMonster
No, really...

SpazMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Norseman
Thanks for a well thought out reply

That certainly explains alot, atleast from a certain point of view. My problem wasn't with elysium the alliance, but rather how people were seemingly portraying them. Its one thing to know my accomplishments and capabilities, its quite another to think I am something that I'm not.

Referencing your little history lesson: Do you think it was such a good idea to step into the 'big leagues' the first couple rounds elysium existed?

Now I am not just asking for a reply from an ely perspective. How many alliances have thrown themselves into the fray of well established alliance poltics at their formation, and how many have regretted it?

In my opinion the ideal would be to remain silent and unheard your first round, visible but quiet the 2nd (all the while community building) and then your 3rd round finally getting involved when you have a strong, loyal, dedicated group. Time consuming, yes, but in the end probably worth it.

BTW binge, it's a shame we never got a chance to play together on the same side. I would have enjoyed that I think.
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 23:20   #64
FernandeZ
The good old times

FernandeZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Hmmm..
good thinking...
FernandeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 23:49   #65
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:

That certainly explains alot, atleast from a certain point of view. My problem wasn't with elysium the alliance, but rather how people were seemingly portraying them. Its one thing to know my accomplishments and capabilities, its quite another to think I am something that I'm not.

Referencing your little history lesson: Do you think it was such a good idea to step into the 'big leagues' the first couple rounds elysium existed?

Now I am not just asking for a reply from an ely perspective. How many alliances have thrown themselves into the fray of well established alliance poltics at their formation, and how many have regretted it?

In my opinion the ideal would be to remain silent and unheard your first round, visible but quiet the 2nd (all the while community building) and then your 3rd round finally getting involved when you have a strong, loyal, dedicated group. Time consuming, yes, but in the end probably worth it.

BTW binge, it's a shame we never got a chance to play together on the same side. I would have enjoyed that I think.
Then it wouldnt have been Elysium would it?

Elysium has its origins and history, they were in the thick of things from their conception.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2003, 03:41   #66
Norseman
4ever a Snuggly Bunny

Quote:

Ive got faaaaaaaar too much knowledge about something as utterly trivial as this, kinda scaring infact.. nice to be able to use it one last time

The ideal would surely be to build the alliance quietly untill you have a strong, loyal and dedicated group..but how likely is that to succeed? Ppl join alliances for a reason, and to gather the right kind of ppl..you got to provide them a reason to do so.

Elysium became reborned at a time when planetarion member-wise was at its peak, but before the alliances got professional to the extremes..so, imo..the time was perfect

In r3...planetarion had a userbase containing 60 000 (i think) players, but just a small portion of those had an alliance...and just very few of those alliances had any real quality, which meant there had to be plenty of potential great players out there.. if you were able to grab them.*

Elysium has its origin back in r2, created mainly to revenge the breakdown of Concordium - with Fury as the sole target. Dunno how seriously the attempt really was..but in r3 I dont think the alliance had more then 30-40 members.

Elysium had a pretty nice reputation back then, something which helped a great deal to provide credibility to a thread made on the alliance forum - a thread that soon became lots of pages, mostly various ppl describing an alliance worth joining and telling you how to get in - ask, answer a few questions on irc and you became an Acheron (jr-wing), plain and simple (mass-recruiting Ahoy!)

Elysium merged with one other alliance (which ive forgotten the name of) and obviously had a few more players post-r3.
The recruiting started late April and early June the alliance had almost 500 members, or "members" you might say..This marked Elysium as a spy-heaven and stamped the alliance as noobes for an eternity. I dont have the knowledge to explain why things went to such extremes, or what kind of ambitions the alliance really had before Legion made a surprise contact..but it surely went out of hands for a while.

When Legion gave Elysium the proposal to join the triad, or fulfill the triad...it was quite obvious for everyone involved that Elysium had way too many members, and that things just had to change. Every member of an galaxy below insert number was instantly kicked, and those failing to fill some kind of form within a week...were thrown out aswell.

This left the alliance with 300+ members (I think) all spread around the universe. Quite a few galaxies was indeed nicely organised and contained several elys, but most was not. As you can see..it couldnt have been the easiest task to shape an alliance like this into a formation which could provide the needed help to Legion and Xanadu, but that was what happened.

It all started with one of the worst attack ever, the one against Fluffy World. (or something like that, BlueTuba hc-gal) A retal because of an attack against the highest ranked ely player - top10. It failed utterly, but atleast it was a start, and for some.. the first contact with the real planetarion (like myself \o/)

Anyway....its totally understandable that ppl never really took Elysium seriously (like we deserved) The alliance had every potential to become the new SL, but in the end... in a plain simple game like planetarion, proper leadership means everything.

*players like Loki, Snowseal, planet37, Soben, Storebo, jornx and lots of other great players found their way into Elysium in r4

Ps. I simple used this opportunity to offload my knowledge about Elysium, boring or not

And Deven..totally, two things I regret; that I stayed as a simple peon to the very end and that I gave a rat **** about getting to know the interesting ppl I met during the ride..like you and Dovey in r6

hope the sun still shines on both of you
Retired & vanished
Unread 13 Sep 2003, 03:59   #67
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

By late r3, Elysium was already doing some major recruitment.
Just ask Equinox.
Unread 13 Sep 2003, 06:33   #68
Parthos
lippy bint

Parthos is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Tomkat
Exactly. And if they were going to implement it they'd have put it into the beta long ago, as it is a major part of gameplay.

To suddenly put it into the "real" game just before the round, at the last minute without testing, would be stupid.
Yeah yeah I'm late on this one

But assuming the creators will do things logically has always been a terrible tactical mistake to make heh.

It's now less than 8 hours to tickstart and no manual is up...
The credit card payment page still crashes IE on some browsers, just as it has every single round since p2p began...
It took until the very latest beta round for them to put in more than one ship-movement menu on the fleets page...

Frankly I would be shocked if local traveltimes weren't slapped on 5 minutes before tickstart. For one thing, because not putting in a drastic unannounced change just before ticks wouldn't be in the "spirit" of PA, and secondly becuase it should have been there all along. The new PA is supposed to attract new players, and local politics has always been (and still would be) the best way for new players to learn the ropes. Who are we kidding though? If 50 brand spankin newbies sign up and pay this round I'll clean Spinner's toilet.
12:17 AM: Cochese: if PA team was a liquor, they'd be that plastic-half gallon for $8 stuff
Parthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2003, 20:56   #69
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Your right, I dont need online friends to come and rescue me in an online discussion about something online.
pld me.
I wasn't aware he needed rescuing. And if he did, I wouldn't jump in to help him unnecessarily.

I was just agreeing with him. It is possible to have the same opinion as someone else, whether they be your friend or not.
Unread 13 Sep 2003, 22:45   #70
Norseman
4ever a Snuggly Bunny

Quote:
By late r3, Elysium was already doing some major recruitment.
Just ask Equinox.
Elysium did a merger late r3 and recruited other ppl aswell, but hardly think you can call it major

anyway..Equinox should know that far better then me
Retired & vanished

Last edited by Norseman; 13 Sep 2003 at 23:09.
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 03:13   #71
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
I wasn't aware he needed rescuing. And if he did, I wouldn't jump in to help him unnecessarily.
But if neccessarily you would?
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 03:43   #72
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

Teh_Necro has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I predict you all come to appreicate how bad it is playing a php database and move onto a game like eve \o/.

-Necro
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 12:35   #73
Tomkat

Quote:
But if neccessarily you would?
We're talking about boards dedicated to an online game. I hardly think anyone would need rescuing, do you? It's not the most dangerous of places.
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 12:41   #74
Dreadnought

Quote:

DONT DENY WHAT YOU ARE*

*FAGGOTS :/
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 13:05   #75
Stress
Resurected

Stress can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally posted by Norseman
Elysium did a merger late r3 and recruited other ppl aswell, but hardly think you can call it major

anyway..Equinox should know that far better then me
ely mergered with WoH some time in R3 (wathers of hades)
who came 3td in the banner comp that round ?
Wog was lead by mongobøffel ... and Wibla ? i even think yupster was in taht mix... ( shrug)

annyhows who had what an active core of 30 ish
at the most..

and the mass recruitment.. kjeldjoran drank waaay to much what can we say :;D
Stress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 14:56   #76
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadnought
DONT DENY WHAT YOU ARE*

*FAGGOTS :/

Is it all coming back to you?*

DONT DENY WHAT YOU ARE!1!!1!*

**cheater:/
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahwe
Gay ducks only do it because it impresses their peers.
QazokRouge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2003, 17:37   #77
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future
I think it’s safe to say that a few people have underestimated FAnG.
Unread 19 Sep 2003, 17:47   #78
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Treveler
I think it’s safe to say that a few people have underestimated FAnG.
naahh, the just have most members, thats all. U can't say much yet from the current statistics
Unread 19 Sep 2003, 17:51   #79
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by Wandows
naahh, the just have most members, thats all. U can't say much yet from the current statistics
Well according to most peoples opinion in this thread, they won’t even make it to top 10. I will take a wild guess here and put FAnG somewhere in top10 :-)
Unread 19 Sep 2003, 18:26   #80
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute
u got a point there, but since there is not many big alliances compeating there isn't much chance they get out of the top10, unless all their members abandon them
Unread 19 Sep 2003, 20:30   #81
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold
well i think fang will be a strong part of this round.

they got a good amount of members and some are quality.

i think they will play a good round.
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 20:00   #82
Jorinn
Toyboy

Jorinn has a spectacular aura aboutJorinn has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Heh, in a way, most members though lol. On the other hand if Vision can get their members to attack as heavily as they defend you should do alright from what I've seen so far.
Unread 21 Sep 2003, 20:35   #83
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Maddix
But, but, but Ely are great!!! Oh wait now you'll ask me why....hmmm...longest surviving alliance thats not actually achieved anything? Does that count as an achievement in itself?

such wit... i think i love u
Unread 22 Sep 2003, 18:31   #84
Unf_Slasher
FAnG

Unf_Slasher can only hope to improve
Quote:
1. we dont have the most members. we arent hiding our score behind recruit setting though (Hello ely)

2. if you think we suck so much try attacking us once in a while

3. listen to your boss he got a clue what he talks about (lo legator long time no see )
[00:58] <Squirrel> YES **** ME **** ME
[00:59] <Squirrel> **** ME NOW OH YES AliasX **** THE **** OUT OF ME
[00:59] <AliasX> wtf

FAnG
Unf_Slasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2003, 19:45   #85
AliasX
- Sex Therapist -

AliasX is an unknown quantity at this point
I will say this. I am very impressed with the current state of FAnG. I've been around since its creation and I have always thought r7 as the best round they had. After seeing its potential on its memebers this round my opinion has changed, I never thought id say this, but R10 FAnG > R7 by far. Also, as Slash has said we don't have the most members.
<meaple> I want 2 c ur cum
<Pyr0> patience young padowan
<AliasX> oh jeasus
<AliasX> this channel did turn gay
*** yahwe ([email protected]) has joined channel #forums
<Oye> that cant be a coincidence
<meaple> he heard you
AliasX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2003, 00:05   #86
ronnie
Kralizec

ronnie will become famous soon enoughronnie will become famous soon enough
1) alliance full of ppl with nothing better to do than play this game
2) alliance full of ppl with nothing better to do than play this game
3) alliance full of ppl with nothing better to do than play this game
4) alliance full of ppl with nothing better to do than play this game
5) alliance full of ppl with nothing better to do than play this game
6) alliance full of ppl with nothing better to do than play this game
7) alliance full of ppl with nothing better to do than play this game
8) alliance full of ppl with nothing better to do than play this game
9) alliance full of ppl with nothing better to do than play this game
10) alliance full of ppl with nothing better to do than play this game

pretty safe bet i think

<Killmark> you do know what race i am right?
<Ronnie> is 'gay boy' a race ?
<Killmark> ronnie
<Killmark> stfu
ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2003, 04:45   #87
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally posted by ronnie

pretty safe bet i think
I've been waiting so long to use this \o/

troll
Unread 29 Sep 2003, 06:39   #88
mikay

mikay is an unknown quantity at this point
There's some merit to what Ronnie's said. I've not played the last 2 rounds and I just can't believe the work the DCs are doing, it's mental. I reckon the alliance that will do best will be the one with most quality in depth to cover for burnt out DCs.

<breeze|away> i agree about mang tho .. he is our mentor of perviness

R4: 48:25:13, 2E5 HC R5: n00b
R6: 3:10:1 Mangor, The Daddy
R7: 3:3:11 Retired
R8: c43 Finally free
PAX: 3:7:9 The Mentor of Perviness
mikay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2003, 14:12   #89
ronnie
Kralizec

ronnie will become famous soon enoughronnie will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by mikay
There's some merit to what Ronnie's said. I've not played the last 2 rounds and I just can't believe the work the DCs are doing, it's mental. I reckon the alliance that will do best will be the one with most quality in depth to cover for burnt out DCs.
theres 2 ways of looking at this

1) back up officers to cover for burnt out DC's as u hav said

or

2) a willing member base who dont use autolaunch and instead actually stay up and offer defence, reducing pressure on DC's and HC's.

i'm curious to know what alliances hav dun to stop their members just clicking auto launch and going to bed.....

<Killmark> you do know what race i am right?
<Ronnie> is 'gay boy' a race ?
<Killmark> ronnie
<Killmark> stfu
ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2003, 17:27   #90
Oghy

Oghy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadnought
If it was just me and Yogi, you really think Yogi would win?

Ofc i would pe0n
Unread 30 Sep 2003, 18:06   #91
Tomkat

Quote:

i'm curious to know what alliances hav dun to stop their members just clicking auto launch and going to bed.....

Heh. It's in human nature. Who wants to sit around on the computer waiting to launch, instead of getting a good night's sleep?

There are plenty of options to counter this, the most simple being "don't give out coords, so they simple don't have a choice but to launch at a certain time".
Unread 30 Sep 2003, 23:44   #92
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by mikay
I reckon the alliance that will do best is the one that has the most patience to play this game and see it through to the end with consistent effort.

Very few I think. Unfortunately.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2003, 00:02   #93
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Heh. It's in human nature. Who wants to sit around on the computer waiting to launch, instead of getting a good night's sleep?
This causes an interesting question to arise. Back in ye yonder good olden days of yore I was always online late at night either to launch or help defend. However it didn't seem like a chore as there existed one of the best online communities ever in PA, I don't remember ever sitting there thinking 'god I wish I could just go to bed.' A sad reflection on the decline of the greatest aspect of this game perhaps :(

Quote:
There are plenty of options to counter this, the most simple being "don't give out coords, so they simple don't have a choice but to launch at a certain time".
Revisit the concordium ;)
Unread 1 Oct 2003, 00:07   #94
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of
1] Eclipse
2] Elysium
3] FAnG
4] ToT
5] Pack
6] Dragons
7] Visions
Unread 1 Oct 2003, 01:06   #95
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Quote:
1) alliance full of ppl with nothing better to do than play this game
2) alliance full of ppl with nothing better to do than play this game
3) alliance full of ppl with nothing better to do than play this game
4) alliance full of ppl with nothing better to do than play this game
5) alliance full of ppl with nothing better to do than play this game
6) alliance full of ppl with nothing better to do than play this game
7) alliance full of ppl with nothing better to do than play this game
8) alliance full of ppl with nothing better to do than play this game
9) alliance full of ppl with nothing better to do than play this game
10) alliance full of ppl with nothing better to do than play this game

pretty safe bet i think
Do you place yourself in the category, or are you admitting Fang are ****ed?
Unread 1 Oct 2003, 03:12   #96
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
The resurgance of FAnG forum users is astounding actually...
Unread 1 Oct 2003, 10:34   #97
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
Nostalgia, etc

Perhaps. I for one, do stay up late at night to do defences and attacks. But then I don't have a job or any early-morning commitments.
Unread 1 Oct 2003, 11:06   #98
Mitre
Xanadu...

Mitre is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Perhaps. I for one, do stay up late at night to do defences and attacks. But then I don't have a job or any early-morning commitments.
Thought about getting a life yet ?
Unread 7 Oct 2003, 13:27   #99
Aki
wtf?
Spy Hunter Champion

Aki can only hope to improve
Re: R10 Predictions

hmmm

1) me

eod

always Ðragons, always dfa!

auah[